PDA

View Full Version : Media Richie Towell "disappointed" with Hibs play-off position

InterviewLoI
11-05-2014, 06:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B8nyyWsQw4

5:13
Former Hibee Richie Towell told Donagh Corby that Hibs play-off position was "Disappointing" following his own Dundalk side's narrow loss in the Setanta Cup Final!
He said "Hibs are a really big club. They have a lot of good people and in the club right through and some good up-and-coming players. Hopefully they win the play-off and stay in the SPL... They're a massive club and a club like that needs to be playing in the SPL!"

I think Terry could do a lot worse than to bring Richie back to the club. Fantastic midfielder!

superbam
11-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Richie Towell has been tremendous at Dundalk in an attacking role for last couple seasons, would pish all over the current jokers. Was never a defender.

InterviewLoI
11-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Richie Towell has been tremendous at Dundalk in an attacking role for last couple seasons, would pish all over the current jokers. Was never a defender.

One of the most creative midfielders in Ireland, would still do a job at ER!

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Is this thread a joke?

superbam
11-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Is this thread a joke?

hibs-supporting journalist asks former hibs player what he thinks of our current plight, seems fair enough.

Would love Towell to get another chance at Hibs.

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 06:48 PM
It seems to be par for the course that we get a quote from towell at this time of the season, perhaps we should shortly expect some words of wisdom from Danny Galbraith.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 06:50 PM
It seems to be par for the course that we get a quote from towell at this time of the season, perhaps we should shortly expect some words of wisdom from Danny Galbraith.

I'd have Galbraith back in a second etc etc

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 06:51 PM
hibs-supporting journalist asks former hibs player what he thinks of our current plight, seems fair enough.

Would love Towell to get another chance at Hibs.

I meant in terms of him coming back here.

lucky
11-05-2014, 06:52 PM
No way he is good enough for Hibs

Bobby's Cinema
11-05-2014, 06:57 PM
I meant in terms of him coming back here.
:bitchy: short short memories.

InterviewLoI
11-05-2014, 07:03 PM

Well Galbraith can hardly get a game for mid table Limerick. Richie Towell is essentially one of the best players in Ireland

Cabbage East
11-05-2014, 07:15 PM
And yet still not good enough for us. Move on.

superbam
11-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Towell as a creative, attacking midfielder has been a revelation for Dundalk, I saw him play plenty over the last year or two (and I'd be the first to admit he was pish for Hibs). He would walk into the current Hibs team.

Danny Galbraith however is just pish and couldn't get his game for a struggling LoI team.

Baader
11-05-2014, 07:22 PM
No need - our current lot are good at throwing in the Towell...

fife hfc
11-05-2014, 07:23 PM
And yet still not good enough for us. Move on.
Towell did not do well at right back for us. But look at what they have said in their posts, he plays a different position now and is one of the best players in league of Ireland. It does not mean he could do a job for us but your writing him off based on his performances at right back, he may be playing well in a new position.I'm not saying sign him or anything I just think your having a go at them unfairly. Good luck to him.

IberianHibernian
11-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks for report OP . We are crying out for more people to know about our club and it`s great that people like you spread the word . From what I remember , Towell was very impressive apart from one shocking passback against Rangers when he first arrived but less impressive ( and fit ! ) in second season . Sounds like he`s making his mark again .

hibeemikey21
11-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Well Galbraith can hardly get a game for mid table Limerick. Richie Towell is essentially one of the best players in Ireland

If that is, in fact, the case, I'm sure Richie now has his sights aimed higher than us!

Is he linked with a move? Generally, the top players over there end up and decent English clubs, no?

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 07:59 PM
I'd have Galbraith back in a second etc etc

I don't even know where he is playing these days!

dave62
11-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Towell played well for us when he first arrived. Wasn't never the same player second time around.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 08:56 PM
I don't even know where he is playing these days!

Doesn't matter. Him and booth down the left hand side and we'd have been challenging Motherwell.

InterviewLoI
11-05-2014, 09:34 PM
If that is, in fact, the case, I'm sure Richie now has his sights aimed higher than us!

Is he linked with a move? Generally, the top players over there end up and decent English clubs, no?

It is common that players would go to Scotland or the English championship! Very rare a player would pull a James McClean and go to the Premiership in England!

As I say, I think Richie could do a job for Hibs, he is in my opinion a better option in midfield than Liam Craig, and I'm sure if the right deal was offered to Dundalk over the Summer he would move!

R11Loaded
11-05-2014, 09:59 PM
From what a Dundalk fan told me on twitter awhile ago, championship clubs are being batted away with offers for Towell, he's apparently a completely different player now.

And he was awful with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InterviewLoI
12-05-2014, 12:12 AM
From what a Dundalk fan told me on twitter awhile ago, championship clubs are being batted away with offers for Towell, he's apparently a completely different player now.

And he was awful with us

I reckon he would cost a decent 6 figure sum for anyone who wants to buy him

The_Horde
12-05-2014, 12:34 AM
You're a towell.

macd123
12-05-2014, 12:38 AM
He wasn't awful for us at all! He was a young boy playing his first spl games in an under pressure team. He was at full back despite being 5 7 and was in a back 4 with stephens and hanlon. He wasn't the finished article but what do you expect?

R11Loaded
12-05-2014, 09:18 AM
I reckon he would cost a decent 6 figure sum for anyone who wants to buy him

The sad thing about Hibs fans, is that we never seem to understand that players can change.

yeezus.
12-05-2014, 09:23 AM
;4009558']You're a towell.

Gettin' Auld
12-05-2014, 09:28 AM
The sad thing about Hibs fans, is that we never seem to understand that players can change.

We're fully aware that players change.........Decent players get signed by the club, then we watch them change into talentless huddies.

R11Loaded
12-05-2014, 10:03 AM
We're fully aware that players change.........Decent players get signed by the club, then we watch them change into talentless huddies.

Good point actually.

Flanny boy
12-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Sounds like Ritchie cares more about our current predicament
than some of our current shambolic squad do at the moment

The_Horde
14-05-2014, 12:19 AM

No, you are actually a towel..

DTS
14-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Anyone got a link at the one in the op isn't working on my phone

H18sry
14-05-2014, 07:10 AM

Paul Hartley anybody? Left us as a failed winger and we all know what happened next.

[god it hurt to type that]

JimBHibees
14-05-2014, 10:27 AM
Havent watched the video however just looking at the picture of him he looks twice as fit as he did when at Hibs.

Good to see a guy working hard to get on in his career after leaving Celtc.