PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck Aberdeen.

Jim44
11-05-2014, 02:02 PM
We've all got our crosses to bear, especially us Hibbys but I had a wee chuckle of satisfaction to myself thinking about Richard Gordon and his beloved Aberdeen. He's one of the BBC team who has loved every second of our discomfort this season and I'm delighted that today's result shifted the smile from his face. Petty? Yes but who cares? :greengrin

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 02:05 PM
It appears that the giants that have awoken have fallen back asleep again. Such a shame. :violin:

Kato
11-05-2014, 02:07 PM
We've all got our crosses to bear, especially us Hibbys but I had a wee chuckle of satisfaction to myself thinking about Richard Gordon and his beloved Aberdeen. He's one of the BBC team who has loved every second of our discomfort this season and I'm delighted that today's result shifted the smile from his face. Petty? Yes but who cares? :greengrin

...and I'll giggle along with you too.

Sir David Gray
11-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Apparently that Liam McLeod's one of them as well so get it right up him as well.

sesoim
11-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Once again proof that no award for manager/player of the year should be done till the season end. McCall has done amazingly well on his budget.

It will be interesting to see if this affects Aberdeen's season ticket sales. If Hibs sort themselves out next season, could three of the top four supported teams in Scotland be in the Championship?

iwasthere1972
11-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Nice that they are on the end of a late winner. They seemed to get 90 minute goals quite often.

Mind you I would much rather have ended up 3rd than 11th.

KWJ
11-05-2014, 02:32 PM
For me Richard Gordon's the best broadcaster in Scottish Sport.

Kato
11-05-2014, 02:34 PM
For me Richard Gordon's the best broadcaster in Scottish Sport.

Exactly and he's rotten.

Which shows how low the bar is for the other clowns out there.

GGTTHibees
11-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Knew an ET goal would be scored. It was nice to see a club in pain other than Hibs!

yeezus.
11-05-2014, 02:35 PM
haha Sheep. :jmcp: knowing them they'll be wanting McInnes out now:greengrin

Albanian Hibs
11-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Girfuy

The Green Goblin
11-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Richard Gordon has said on many occasions on radio that although he is an Aberdeen fan, he has always also had an affection for Hibs. As I recall, the singing of SoL after the 2007 league cup final made him pretty emotional. That said, the contrast between the way most of the BBC journos have sucked up to the charity thieves and the way they have sounded when talking about our situation has been entirely the wrong way round.

chrisski33
11-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Aye lets all laugh at a team thats finished rather than in the play offs

ekhibee
11-05-2014, 03:54 PM
:top marks Not just him either, they've all been taking it for granted that Aberdeen were going to finish 2nd, that makes it even better!

skipster7
11-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Even worse, Motherwell finished with double our points !!

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Cannae take much solace from this. 3rd in the league and a cup win, they'll be devastated!

sbell1875
11-05-2014, 04:00 PM
I have a lot of time for Richard Gordon as a broadcaster and as a man but I have absolutely no time whatsoever for Aberdeen Football club.

When I heard Motherwell had scored to pip them for 2nd place I near soiled my undergarments.

GIRUT!

Ringothedog
11-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Even worse, Motherwell finished with double our points !!

They must be poor if they only got twice the amount of points we did as we are absolute mince

The_Todd
11-05-2014, 04:04 PM
It must have been so awful losing out in 2nd on the final day, I bet they wish they'd "qualified" for a playoff instead.

How will it impact their STs? Considering last year they were bottom six and this year they're third and won a cup, pretty positively I'd imagine.

yeezus.
11-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Aye lets all laugh at a team thats finished rather than in the play offs

Yes lets. Aberdeen fans generally aren't very nice and they laugh at us so... GIRFUY

emerald green
11-05-2014, 04:42 PM
The sheep are on fire. GIRFUY. :na na:

Sprouleflyer
11-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Richard Gordon has said on many occasions on radio that although he is an Aberdeen fan, he has always also had an affection for Hibs. As I recall, the singing of SoL after the 2007 league cup final made him pretty emotional. That said, the contrast between the way most of the BBC journos have sucked up to the charity thieves and the way they have sounded when talking about our situation has been entirely the wrong way round.

:agree: I think he studied at Edinburgh Uni and during his time down here he went to watch Hibs.

Pretty sure he has confirmed his soft spot us before on the radio.

Frazerbob
11-05-2014, 05:45 PM
I took my Dons supporting step son to the game. The biggest smash n grab job I've seen. Blatant foul on Clangers. Stadium almost full and a club totally engaged with their supporters. Just shows you what can happen with the right manager.

Incidentally, the Motherwell fans were outstanding. They nearly filled the away end and the 2 or 300 ultras where brilliant. Sang, clapped and bounced in unison for the entire game, despite their team being over run. The Well fans and players went mental at full time.

Bronson
11-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Brilliant result today, I was praying for a motherwell win. Detest Aberdeen and take great pleasure in them throwing away a cup double and 2nd place which was their's to lose, especially in the manner they have.:greengrin

The goal is f***ing hilarious too! :faf::top marks

Del Boy
11-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Hate Aberdeen and their fans. Enjoyed that late goal today.

emerald green
11-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Brilliant result today, I was praying for a motherwell win. Detest Aberdeen and take great pleasure in them throwing away a cup double and 2nd place which was their's to lose, especially in the manner they have.:greengrin

The goal is f***ing hilarious too! :faf::top marks

Could not agree more. An arrogant bunch of w***ers. Very similar to the yaks, but not as bad.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 06:31 PM
It appears that the giants that have awoken have fallen back asleep again. Such a shame. :violin:Still at least they were awake for a while instead of sleep walking towards the edge of a cliff again.

Lets laugh at the team that finished 3rd and won a cup, much better tae be 11th and in the relegation play offs. :agree:

jdships
11-05-2014, 06:33 PM
...and I'll giggle along with you too.

Me likewise also :greengrin:aok:

Spike Mandela
11-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Wish we had their troubles.:rolleyes:

jdships
11-05-2014, 06:38 PM
:agree: I think he studied at Edinburgh Uni and during his time down here he went to watch Hibs.

Pretty sure he has confirmed his soft spot us before on the radio.

Richard Gordon born 1960 , educated in Aberdeen at Skene Square Primary, Aberdeen Grammar School and Aberdeen College of Commerce.
Was before joining BBC a Banker

:rolleyes:

DH1875
11-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Apparently that Liam McLeod's one of them as well so get it right up him as well.

There's no way on earth he's no a yam fud.

Sprouleflyer
11-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Richard Gordon born 1960 , educated in Aberdeen at Skene Square Primary, Aberdeen Grammar School and Aberdeen College of Commerce.
Was before joining BBC a Banker

:rolleyes:

Oops!!!!!

Ok I made that bit up!! :greengrin

However google is a wonderful thing and found this on Vital Aberdeen

Vital Aberdeen: It`s been said that you were a massive Joe Harper fan and veered towards supporting Hibs for a while when he played there. Any truth in that?

Guilty as charged! Joe was my hero and I was devastated when he was sold to Everton. Just when it looked as if he was coming home, the Dons refused to meet the asking price (or so the legend goes) and he signed for Hibs instead. I followed them for a couple of years, while still attending Pittodrie, and only got sucked back in at the end of the 75-76 season when the Dons needed a last day victory to avoid the drop. Ironically Hibs were the visitors, but my loyalties were well and truly with the Reds and the 3-0 win was another fantastic occasion. Joe was back and so was I!

Read more: http://www.aberdeen.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=62459#ixzz31RJ4Ja18

I knew he had some connection with following Hibs! With the Joe Harper link, he will now be hated even more by our support :greengrin...........sorry Richard!!

marinello59
12-05-2014, 06:54 AM
I took my Dons supporting step son to the game. The biggest smash n grab job I've seen. Blatant foul on Clangers. Stadium almost full and a club totally engaged with their supporters. Just shows you what can happen with the right manager.

Incidentally, the Motherwell fans were outstanding. They nearly filled the away end and the 2 or 300 ultras where brilliant. Sang, clapped and bounced in unison for the entire game, despite their team being over run. The Well fans and players went mental at full time.

I do feel sorry for your step son, it's tough for the kids.
However this was the perfect ending to their season for me, just because we are honking won't stop me laughing at them failing to tie up their 'guaranteed' second spot. :greengrin