PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell

cleanyman
11-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Is that 2nd three years on the bounce?

Incredible achievement for a club of that size.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Unbelievably bad decision by the ref not to give a foul for the challenge on the keeper.

yeezus.
2 seasons on the bounce I think? Great achievement for them nevertheless.

steakbake
It is - and apparently the lowest budget in the top 6. Watch and learn Hibs.

Bishop Hibee
11-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Only in Scotland would that challenge on Langfield have been acceptable. Earlier on the same linesman who gave offside for Forster v shameless gave offside wrongly for Dons when their player was 1-on-1. Terrible officials in Scotland.

Col2
11-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Get your coat Stuart. The M8 is this way....

LioNeilMessi
11-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Absolute heartbreak for Aberdeen, I thought they had second all but wrapped up months ago :faf:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Butcher out McCall in :greengrin

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Is that 2nd three years on the bounce?

Incredible achievement for a club of that size.Something the people running this club couldnae ****in' spell.

Shows you the difference between having the right people or the wrong people running/ruining your club.

Col2
11-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Don't be surprised if Mr McCall has a new rebuilding job in the summer. And not with Motherwell:wink:

He and Dempster got on very well.

Heisenberg
11-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Don't be surprised if Mr McCall has a new rebuilding job in the summer. And not with Motherwell:wink:

He and Dempster got on very well.

There's no chance he'd come anywhere near Hibs.

Jim44
11-05-2014, 01:38 PM
I think he actually said that it was a job he would never consider or words to that effect. Or have I invented that?

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 01:41 PM
I think he actually said that it was a job he would never consider or words to that effect. Or have I invented that?

You've not invented it - I think what you've done though is repeat something that someone told someone that posts on here said he said.

Stevie Reid
11-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Last season Motherwell won five more games than us, and finished with 12 points more than our total. When Fenlon left this season - with more than a quarter of it gone - they had won one more game than we had, and we were four points behind them.

Now the season has ended, they have won 14 more games than us, and have twice as many points as we do.

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 08:08 PM
You've not invented it - I think what you've done though is repeat something that someone told someone that posts on here said he said.

Which, IIRC, had nothing whatsoever to do with the thread on which it was posted. :greengrin:

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 08:09 PM
McCall has done a great job, I really thought Motherwell may struggle this year having lost quite a few players in the summer, but he has managed to build yet another winning team.

fife hfc
11-05-2014, 08:13 PM
They have kept a core of experienced players over the last few seasons that means they can cope with player turnover. We on the other had seem to not be able to keep a core of players together and add to them, therefore are starting from scratch each season.

Stevie Reid
11-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Their turnover of players and managers, and the markets they look to for both, are practically identical to ours - yet they get practically everything right, and we get almost everything wrong.

Interestingly, none of their ten managers in the last 20 years had managed in the SPL prior to Motherwell appointing them.

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Last season Motherwell won five more games than us, and finished with 12 points more than our total. When Fenlon left this season - with more than a quarter of it gone - they had won one more game than we had, and we were four points behind them.

Now the season has ended, they have won 14 more games than us, and have twice as many points as we do.Aye but 5-1, 7-0, worst manager we have ever had :blah::blah::blah:

Cod Boy
11-05-2014, 08:24 PM
McCall will be the next Rangers manager

Mr White
11-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Interestingly, none of their ten managers in the last 20 years had managed in the SPL prior to Motherwell appointing them.

That's a surprising fact. I find it interesting that the 2 teams fighting it out for 2nd spot today both had craig brown as their last manager. reasonable to say he laid some solid foundations for both mccall and then mcinnes to build upon.

Stevie Reid
11-05-2014, 08:41 PM
That's a surprising fact. I find it interesting that the 2 teams fighting it out for 2nd spot today both had craig brown as their last manager. reasonable to say he laid some solid foundations for both mccall and then mcinnes to build upon.

Definitely - I was strongly in favour of getting Brown before Aberdeen did, and was disappointed when he went there. I thought he would have done better, but he certainty left them in a better state than he found them, and McInnes has kicked on from there.

cabbageandribs1875
11-05-2014, 08:50 PM

yes and remember all the abusive comments the poor guy got from plenty on here at anyone daring to suggest craig brown would have been a pretty decent manager for us, he had a good record as scotland manager as well

shetlandhibee
11-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Fair play to Motherwellbut tbh the goal never should have stood, it was overtime, the free kick was taken from about 6 yards in front of where the challenge happened, Sutton assaulted langfeild, Reynolds got fouled on the line then it was tapped in �� plus pawlett was wrongly flagged off side but that's just funny and it serves him right��

IberianHibernian
11-05-2014, 09:07 PM

Now the season has ended, they have won 14 more games than us, and have twice as many points as we do.And they lost to Albion Rovers in the cup . We lost to Raith in the middle of a bad run ( Raith bad run ) but already had Butcher .