PDA

View Full Version : Has Hibs made Butcher ill?

madhatter
11-05-2014, 11:11 AM
I know he has an awful record but lets be honest if the club had brought in a proven goalscorer we wouldn't have been in this position. I honestly think the job has made him ill as he looks about 5 years older in his interviews. I will still back the manager because clearly as we experienced with the loans leaving (Doherty being a prime example), the players leaving just don't care and no matter what Butcher says barring "your not getting paid" will motivate them.

Those that do care are not technically gifted and/or are injured and/or a youngster - Thomson, Hanlon, Stanton, Collins (appears to care but is just not very technically gifted) being examples of each of the before. All those out of contract won't care, all those on loan won't care, simple as - its like if you were working your notice before moving to a new job, you would still work but you wouldn't necessarily be bursting a gut or anything. Some of these players will have moves lined up and don't want to get injured...

Butcher made a mistake because our team is mentally weak - saying "these players are not good enough" would get a rise out of any other players. Our players seem to feel sorry for themselves. If we win in the playoffs which I'm confident of, as long as we play 2 upfront and keep the ball on the deck, we need to let Butcher bring in his own players. He needs backed properly by Leeann and Leeann should get summer initiatives for fans together so we can do our part.

Anybody can see the current problem in the tactics, Butcher wants fast distribution from the back. Problem number 1 our defenders have awful distribution. Problem number 2 our midfielders are tasked with supporting the front-line when said distribution occurs, which evidently allows their defenders to head it over our advancing midfield to their midfielders. Problem number 3 the opposition now has the ball in the middle of the pitch with midfielders advancing (in-front of ours who are slow at getting back - lack of pace) and their forwards making runs. This regularly leaves us with 5 against 4 or 6 against 4 and hoping that someone can tackle or intercept.

Ball watching and being flat footed. That is why Boyd scored his goal. Never ever let a ball bounce across your box like that. Each defender looked like they were watching a game of tennis, the way they followed the ball with their eyes but didn't move. Maybury was too far off his man also due to being flat footed - Boyd hardly has pace so this shouldn't occur.

Priorities in the summer - bring in a mentally strong captain (a true leader), bring in own players with the most important being goal scorers, wingers and decent LB and RB, 2 strong, quick, physical CBs and a goalkeeper. For once, I want to see the defence being the priority. Build from the back, stop overloading the number of midfielders like previous managers did. We need options all over the park not just in midfield.

Coco Bryce
11-05-2014, 11:13 AM
He's certainly made me ill that's for sure. He has aged about ten years since he took the job.

Alfred E Newman
11-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Likewise. I could have thrown up on the way back to the car yesterday.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 11:22 AM
He's certainly made me ill that's for sure. He has aged about ten years since he took the job.

He hasn't made me ill, I've been ill for about 7 years supporting my club. Sadly he has maintained the illness though. Not really his team though.

He does certainly look older.