PDA

View Full Version : Callum Booth

greenpaper55
11-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Is Booth eligible to play for us in the play offs after his loan spell, might be better than what we have ?.

Thecat23
11-05-2014, 10:27 AM
Yes. His season is over along with the loan deal.

ackeygraham
11-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Very good performances I've seen of him of late. Defo take him instead of McGivern any day.

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 10:34 AM

Then he should be in tomorrow with the rest of them for training to see if he can improve that terrible defence that we have! :agree:

He has football ability (iirc) and if he has pace too (I think he has, again iirc) then he's already streets ahead of the current crew! :greengrin

Stuarty27
11-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Booth should start. It would be like a new signing.

Mcgivern is so bad it's no true.

hibee_girl
11-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Don't loan deals last until the 1st June or something like that?

Winston Ingram
11-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Booth should start. It would be like a new signing.

Mcgivern is so bad it's no true.

McGivern and Nelson are bulletproof. I genuinely think he wouldn't drop them

Winston Ingram
11-05-2014, 10:45 AM

I would assume Caldwell would be eligible as well.

I know he's not exactly ripped up any trees at Alloa but he's goalscorer and can finish

Stax
11-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Not a bad shout, he'll have been playing against whoever we end up with in the play off :agree: Good player and looking forward to him coming back.

Beefster
11-05-2014, 11:38 AM

I know he's not exactly ripped up any trees at Alloa but he's goalscorer and can finish

Caldwell has scored two goals for Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 11:40 AM

So 2 more than Cummings, one more than handling and Haynes?...

Don't get me wrong I think it's a ridiculous shout as well.

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 11:41 AM

caldwell is an interesting one. Being blunt our issue is upfront, if we had a striker, like seasons before, that had chipped in with 15+ goals, we would not be in this position. Whilst having booth back would give an option, having a striker would give a solution. In additional Caldwell has no doubt played against both Hamilton and Falkirk, not too sure how he got on, but he will hopefully have had experience.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 11:49 AM
caldwell is an interesting one. Being blunt our issue is upfront, if we had a striker, like seasons before, that had chipped in with 15+ goals, we would not be in this position. Whilst having booth back would give an option, having a striker would give a solution. In additional Caldwell has no doubt played against both Hamilton and Falkirk, not too sure how he got on, but he will hopefully have had experience.

I'm still of the opinion that we do have strikers what we dont have is a creative midfielder. Do we have one of them that we thought was pish and sent out on loan somewhere?

Where's Jinky or Kevin McDonald?

sbell1875
11-05-2014, 11:57 AM

If we're going to continue with the long ball up to the striker I'd have Caldwell in ahead of Heffernan, Collins & Cummings.

That said, I think Caldwell is gash. After what happened at Ross County late last year I'd happily have never seen him play for Hibs again.

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 11:58 AM

So Caldwell would get straight into the team then and Booth, who actually has had more better quality game time over the past year at a level which we will be competing against in the play off's, would only be an "option" for you when our defence is possibly the worst part of our team! :rolleyes:

Awesome! :greengrin

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 12:05 PM
So Caldwell would get straight into the team then and Booth, who actually has had more better quality game time over the past year at a level which we will be competing against in the play off's, would only be an "option" for you when our defence is possibly the worst part of our team! :rolleyes:

Awesome! :greengrin

I have attached my original post for ease of reference, where does it say "Caldwell would get straight into the team"?

do you think having an additional striker to choose from would be beneficial to a team that has scored as few goals as we have this season?

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 12:09 PM
I have attached my original post for ease of reference, where does it say "Caldwell would get straight into the team"?

do you think having an additional striker to choose from would be beneficial to a team that has scored as few goals as we have this season?

Unless he's going to bring creativity with him I'd suggest having another striker to choose from would make absolutely no difference.

Bob Box Fish
11-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I personally was guilty of writing off booth, however, we need to try something different and have nothing to lose so if he is eligible get him in.

I would also play Thomson and mcpake if fit.

Heisenberg
11-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Can he definitely play? I'm not convinced.

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 12:20 PM

I certainly do but not sure if Caldwell is up to speed on playing at the level required regualrly to offer advances to the team!

We need to be able to get the ball to the striker(s) in a way that they have a chance of having a scoring opportunity! :rolleyes:

That doesn't happen unless Thomson is playing amongst the current crop of midfielders on current form, Robertson is possibly an exception to that! :wink:

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 12:27 PM
I certainly do but not sure if Caldwell is up to speed on playing at the level required regualrly to offer advances to the team!

We need to be able to get the ball to the striker(s) in a way that they have a chance of having a scoring opportunity! :rolleyes:

That doesn't happen unless Thomson is playing amongst the current crop of midfielders on current form, Robertson is possibly an exception to that! :wink:

Beggars and choosers, you agree we need more threat to goal, there won't be a dozen new players walking into EM on Monday but there will be a few of them. Plus Caldwell should have been training with hibs daily so it is not like he has not been about.

We have Robertson, Thomson and dare I say it craig, what we are missing is a player than can score. For me they don't need to be creative, they simply need to be able to finish.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Beggars and choosers, you agree we need more threat to goal, there won't be a dozen new players walking into EM on Monday but there will be a few of them. Plus Caldwell should have been training with hibs daily so it is not like he has not been about.

We have Robertson, Thomson and dare I say it craig, what we are missing is a player than can score. For me they don't need to be creative, they simply need to be able to finish.

How do you finish something that's not been created?

Winston Ingram
11-05-2014, 12:37 PM

2 cracking finishes as well:agree:

Sean1875
11-05-2014, 01:13 PM
If Booth can play, get him in. Dont know how much of a factor it'll be but if hes been playing at the same level as our opponents he might be more familiar with their style of play and how they work? Any advantage would help :agree:

DH1875
11-05-2014, 01:38 PM
If he is allowed to play, its a no brainer for me.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Can he definitely play? I'm not convinced.

Me neither, what if Raith and Alloa were involved in play-off's they players would have still been contracted to play in they games.

Thecat23
11-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Me neither, what if Raith and Alloa were involved in play-off's they players would have still been contracted to play in they games.

Then I think the contract rolls on. Soon as their season ends the loan is done I thought?

col02
11-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Registered on loan with a club till the end of season and only become players for Hibernian once the window opens again would be my guess. Be happy if that is not the case though as gives a couple options.

sesoim
11-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Stevie May came back to St Johnstone and played a couple of games last season when his loan deal was up, so I assume Booth has a similar deal (if not, why not?).

heretoday
11-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Play him please. I don't want to see that eggshell head in a Hibs jersey again.

Baader
11-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Would be better than McGivern who is just not up to it.

matty_f
11-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Has anyone got a definitive answer as to whether he is eligible to play? When does the transfer window open?

Sir David Gray
11-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Hopefully he can play, he would be just about the only Hibs player that knows what it feels like to win at Easter Road this year.

oconnors_strip
11-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Think booth's body is in off season mode now after being in magaluf with the lads :greengrin:

On a serious note I don't think he is eligible to play as per chat with a guy from sfa last week

Ronniekirk
11-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Stevie May came back to St Johnstone and played a couple of games last season when his loan deal was up, so I assume Booth has a similar deal (if not, why not?).
Coz fenlon didn't want him back so who knows it could well be end of May before it is up

fife hfc
11-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Think booth's body is in off season mode now after being in magaluf with the lads :greengrin:

On a serious note I don't think he is eligible to play as per chat with a guy from sfa last week

I would be very surprised if he was eligable and even if he was I could not see Butcher playing him.

HibeeMassive
11-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Pretty sure you can only play for one club between transfer windows?

So as he's been playing for Raith, he can't play for us until the next window opens.

HibbyAndy
11-05-2014, 08:50 PM
From the Raith manager...."Callum Booth wont play for Hibs in the play offs".

MrAware
11-05-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm not so sure he can play... as we would've surely heard about him coming back by now!?

Knowing Fenlon, he probably adviced Petrie to make the loan deal so that Booth can't play at all for us, seeing as he thought Booth was awful.

I'd be delighted if Booth can play. He was much more effective going forward than Stevenson before his loans and now. Defensively, Booth is still weak, but I'd class him as a left winger, anyway. Even Booth being used as a sub in the play-offs would be better than nothing! Certainly a better sub than Danny "falls over when he shoots" Handling.

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 10:06 PM
From the Raith manager...."Callum Booth wont play for Hibs in the play offs".

So reading between the lines... :hmmm:

IberianHibernian
11-05-2014, 10:10 PM
In the SC game I remember thinking that it was extra depressing the fact that we`d been beaten by a team in which no player stuck out as good ( maybe goalie who is their usual reserve I think ) and Booth summed that up Have other clubs been following him ?

R11Loaded
11-05-2014, 10:14 PM
He's engaged to my bosses niece I believe and had stated he will be coming back to Hibs for next season and expects a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Del Boy
11-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Can't play for hibs til next season now

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 10:50 PM
So reading between the lines... :hmmm:

He starts against either Hamilton or Falkirk. :greengrin

Centre Hawf
11-05-2014, 11:27 PM
He can't play, Sam Stanton had a similar issue last season when he was out on loan and came back before our season was over.