PDA

View Full Version : the squad out on the town last night

Pages : [1] 2

RoslinInstHibby
11-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Acting like they didnt care, poor show!

cleanyman
11-05-2014, 10:24 AM
And these are the guys we need to pull us through and keep Hibs up...

We have absolutely no chance.

Steve-O
11-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Surprise surprise

Cropley10
11-05-2014, 10:25 AM

The whole squad, right? Everyone who played yesterday?

Steve-O
11-05-2014, 10:26 AM
I'll save the usual people making the usual comments:

- they were just blowing off some steam

- they are just young guys

- haven't you ever gone for a drink after a bad day at the office?

Etc...

RoslinInstHibby
11-05-2014, 10:27 AM
Sorry, shouldnt have said the whole squad but there was quite a few of the 1st team...

capitals_finest
11-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Hope they bought you a drink...

hibee_girl
11-05-2014, 10:29 AM
I needed a drink after yesterday too

mcfly
11-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Should we be surprised??

The management should have them in for training, shooting practice, defence drills every day from now till play off time.

These imposters need to be made to work very very hard to ensure they win this play off.

snooky
11-05-2014, 10:32 AM

Etc...

Old proverb ...

"If you want to be professional then the first thing to do is to look professional".

(... and act like one, I should add)

Thecat23
11-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Any other manager would have them back in today. If he's let them have the day off and they have went out drinking then we deserve to go down for being utter amateurish in the way we run a club.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2014, 10:33 AM

Back it up or shut up is my take. The fact you've over egged it from the get go dilutes credibility IMO sell the story to the tabloids tho did one eat your hamster. Sensationalist pish serves no one at the club at the moment. I cannot believe any of the first team were daft enough to head out lastnight of all nights.

And if they were I'll stand corrected and donate £10 to Dnipro appeal. I'll need more that you've provided to convince me.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 10:37 AM

Who?

source?

hibsbollah
11-05-2014, 10:37 AM
They also parked in some disabled bays and made unsavoury jokes about the austrian eurovision 'entry'.

Im raging :grr:

emerald green
11-05-2014, 10:38 AM
If I had ever been good enough to have had the honour to play for Hibs, after yesterday's result (and all the other results for weeks on end) I would have been in the house hiding my embarrassment and not daring to show my face, let alone going boozing up town. :grr:

Steve-O
11-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Back it up or shut up is my take. The fact you've over egged it from the get go dilutes credibility IMO sell the story to the tabloids tho did one eat your hamster. Sensationalist pish serves no one at the club at the moment. I cannot believe any of the first team were daft enough to head out lastnight of all nights.

And if they were I'll stand corrected and donate £10 to Dnipro appeal. I'll need more that you've provided to convince me.

Our squad was out after the 5-1 game and certain players are out after EVERY match.

You make it sound like this story is really hard to believe when the reality is it's very likely to be true.

SmithyHibee
11-05-2014, 10:41 AM

Photo of Collins last night attached.

Pray4Marc
11-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Ryan Mcgivern was in tempus at 8 STEAMING. Walking about with a bottle of champagne, if you didn't no who he was, you would have thought he had won something and was a winner.

Thecat23
11-05-2014, 10:43 AM

James Collins was out drinking along with Tom Taiwo. Get sending that £10 to Dnipro.

Weir7
11-05-2014, 10:44 AM

This picture doing the rounds

Paloschi
11-05-2014, 10:44 AM
The players who were out last night are a disgrace to the shirt. So disrespectful. I actually hate the team so much.

.Sean.
11-05-2014, 10:46 AM
I'd heard similar but I thought surely nobody would be as shameful and disrespectful as that? Punt the lot of them.

yeezus.
11-05-2014, 10:47 AM
This picture doing the rounds

I always knew Collins was greedy there is no need to have two drinks man it's a disgrace :greengrin

Salisbury Hibby
11-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Oh aye - they should be at home whipping themselves and greeting. Let them have a bit of time off, unwind and get back to preparation after the weekend.

Heisenberg
11-05-2014, 10:48 AM
James Collins and Ryan Mcgivern? Two of the worst players recently too. Get them all to ****.

Danderhall Hibs
Can't believe they'd go out let alone pose for snaps. Idiots.

Assuming the pictures are from last night and not stored from a previous night.

Weir7

Incredible that some people think all is perfect at hibs and there are no problems

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Oh aye - they should be at home whipping themselves and greeting. .

'Kin right they should be.

emerald green
11-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Ryan Mcgivern was in tempus at 8 STEAMING. Walking about with a bottle of champagne, if you didn't no who he was, you would have thought he had won something and was a winner.

F***** disgraceful. See on another thread what a Killie fan thought of McGivern's performance yesterday. Maybe this sort of stuff says a lot about why this club is where it's at? Yet, still, people come on these threads with their heads up their backsides defending the indefensible. It's truly amazing.

Thecat23
11-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Oh aye - they should be at home whipping themselves and greeting. Let them have a bit of time off, unwind and get back to preparation after the weekend.

Behave eh, they have plenty time off and a real pro would be home and in training next day. Going over the game yesterday!

It's the manner in which these players are doing this, and they need punted.

.Sean.
11-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Behave eh, they have plenty time off and a real pro would be home and in training next day. Going over the game yesterday!

It's the manner in which these players are doing this, and they need punted.
It's astounding just how little they seem to care.

emerald green
11-05-2014, 10:53 AM

"Unwind" :faf: :faf: That's a new name for getting rat arsed. Jeez.

Coco Bryce
11-05-2014, 10:53 AM

No shock there I'm afraid. He's got previous for this.

hibee_girl
11-05-2014, 10:54 AM
They have 12 days until their next game, it's hardly the crime of the century.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Oh aye - they should be at home whipping themselves and greeting. Let them have a bit of time off, unwind and get back to preparation after the weekend.Time off :faf: I thought that was match days.

Steve-O
11-05-2014, 10:55 AM
"Unwind" :faf: :faf: That's a new name for getting rat arsed. Jeez.

Most of them appear like they're unwinding when they play on a Saturday!

Yuillsy
11-05-2014, 10:57 AM
I always knew Collins was greedy there is no need to have two drinks man it's a disgrace :greengrin

2 hands = 2 drinks! 😂Seriously though those guys should've been at home preparing for an early start on the training ground this morning.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Photo of Collins last night attached.

No date or time on that picture. Would never stand up in court. :cb

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Can't believe they'd go out let alone pose for snaps. Idiots.

Assuming the pictures are from last night and not stored from a previous night.

Exactly. And TC no reason to doubt any donation As StevieC will testify I've done it in the past and wi do so again.

Ps Hardly "the squad" still if true shocking. Sorry but I still have my doubts.

Coco Bryce
In their defence, they've probably had to cancel their summer holidays after yesterdays result. Wee lambs.

emerald green

That's not the point. Straight after yesterday, when the fans are hurting like hell, they are swaning around like they haven't a care in the world. I would hazard a guess that top pros in Italy, Spain, Germany etc would not have been out on the p*** like that.

lucky
11-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Not bothered that they were out. Butcher has given them a couple of days of. We don't get beat for another 10 days

cabbageandribs1875
2 hands = 2 drinks! Seriously though those guys should've been at home preparing for an early start on the training ground this morning.

still 10 days until the 1st leg, let's not push our hard working squad too much

Matt92
Bet you the Liverpool players didn't go out on the piss when they lost their game for the PREMIERSHIP.

Bet you the Sunderland players didn't go out on the piss when they were staring relegation in the face.

Apparently Cristiano Ronaldo, whenever he lost a game with Man U, would go home, not speak to anyone and lock himself alone in a room for 4-5 hours at least to think about the game.

Complete attitude problems. Teams who are successful HATE to lose. Losers like ours just don't give a **** as "they were unlucky". "played well". "It'll fall for us soon". LOSER MENTALITY.

Get every player who was out last night to ****. They should be at home reevaluating their performance and in East Mains today.

danhibees1875
11-05-2014, 11:05 AM

Lets be honest, he wasn't going to start having shots was he?

Bishop Hibee
11-05-2014, 11:07 AM
That's not the point. Straight after yesterday, when the fans are hurting like hell, they are swaning around like they haven't a care in the world. I would hazard a guess that top pros in Italy, Spain, Germany etc would not have been out on the p*** like that.

If they tried it in Italy the Ultras would ensure it didn't happen again. Thing is, the culture is that you don't.

I think we know some of the current squad care and others don't.

Thecat23
11-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Exactly. And TC no reason to doubt any donation As StevieC will testify I've done it in the past and wi do so again.

I've dropped you a PM.

carnoustiehibee
11-05-2014, 11:08 AM
So the players were on the piss, butcher down in Southampton during the week and nobody's watched Falkirk or Hamilton play. What a joke of a club.

I wish I could afford to go out last night but I've *****ed away all my money travelling to watch those useless shower of *****. Going to watch hibs is drifting right down my list of priorities at the wkd

Coco Bryce
11-05-2014, 11:09 AM
So was it only the 3 crap players that were out then?

emerald green
11-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Bet you the Liverpool players didn't go out on the piss when they lost their game for the PREMIERSHIP.

Bet you the Sunderland players didn't go out on the piss when they were staring relegation in the face.

Apparently Cristiano Ronaldo, whenever he lost a game with Man U, would go home, not speak to anyone and lock himself alone in a room for 4-5 hours at least to think about the game.

Complete attitude problems. Teams who are successful HATE to lose. Losers like ours just don't give a **** as "they were unlucky". "played well". "It'll fall for us soon". LOSER MENTALITY.

This. :agree: That's the difference.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 11:10 AM

Seems the service in why not's a bit better than what he's used to...

Carheenlea
11-05-2014, 11:11 AM

Get every player who was out last night to ****. They should be at home reevaluating their performance and in East Mains today.

:agree: Absolutely. A squad full of losers and a loser as a manager. The club can`t move forward until the majority of the first team squad and management team are out the door.

emerald green
11-05-2014, 11:12 AM
If they tried it in Italy the Ultras would ensure it didn't happen again. Thing is, the culture is that you don't.

I think we know some of the current squad care and others don't.

Agreed mate.

Aldo
11-05-2014, 11:13 AM

Why it's because of their inept performances and attitudes that we are in this production and there are facts to back it up.

As for time off, they don't deserve it. As others have said they should be in today getting prepared for a play off decider against teams that are scoring for fun in the championship.

Northernhibee
11-05-2014, 11:14 AM

This.

Wotherspiniesta
11-05-2014, 11:17 AM
I say let them enjoy their night outs.

They'll get a lot more next season when they're playing part time for East Fife.

carnoustiehibee
11-05-2014, 11:18 AM
This.

And why is it they have 12 days till the next game?

Sean1875
11-05-2014, 11:18 AM
nice to know that whilst many fans would have been sat at home last night hurting over the way this club is going, players that have gotten us in this situation are out getting pissed and having a laugh. folk that think these players deserve a nice couple of days off baffle me, all of them should be back in training today putting 100% into every day to ensure we can survive in this league for another year

Sir David Gray
11-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Hardly surprising that some of them were out on the town last night but it's still extremely galling.

ALF TUPPER
11-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Some outrageous comments.

So, players went out for a beer? And that's a big deal ? Get a grip!
Hope they enjoyed it. They can get back to work tomorrow and focus on the play-offs.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 11:24 AM

Hope they enjoyed it. They can get back to work tomorrow and focus on the play-offs.

Losers mentality. That's what our club suffers from and attitudes like yours contribute to it.

Thecat23
11-05-2014, 11:26 AM

You clearly aren't grasping this are you? It's the manner in which these players are going about it.

A real pro wouldn't be near the town centre last night after a defeat that could put the future of our club at danger.

But hey it's only a beer right? Aye ok then.

Thecat23
11-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Losers mentality. That's what our club suffers from and attitudes like yours contribute to it.

Spot on. So many fans on here happy to let things go the way they are.

Losers the lot of them.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2014, 11:30 AM
There's a time and place for going out, and last night was not one of them. They make the wrong decisions on the park every week, why would any of us think they'd make the right one here?

BarneyK
11-05-2014, 11:30 AM
You clearly aren't grasping this are you? It's the manner in which these players are going about it.

A real pro wouldn't be near the town centre last night after a defeat that could put the future of our club at danger.

But hey it's only a beer right? Aye ok then.

A real pro shouldn't be out on the bevvy at all. They have 10/15 years to abstain from binge drinking culture, then they can knock themselves out. Sadly, too many don't care for the notion of that.

ALF TUPPER
11-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Behave yourselves. The team going out to try and relax together , unwind, bond, ......is negative. Really ? Aye very good.

I'm contributing to the negativity around the place? Read your posts back. Who's negative ?

I don't have a losing mentality. If you knew me you would know that. I'm very successful thanks very much.

There is a time to try and take yourself away from the pressure of work. They did it last night. Hopefully it worked .

emerald green
11-05-2014, 11:45 AM

Outrageous comments. Are you kidding? I totally despair of comments like yours. Yes, it is a big deal they went out for a beer. Read some of the earlier posts on this thread to learn why.

Heisenberg
11-05-2014, 11:45 AM
There is a time to try and take yourself away from the pressure of work. They did it last night. Hopefully it worked .

Some of them have been trying it all season. Still hasn't worked yet.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Behave yourselves. The team going out to try and relax together , unwind, bond, ......is negative. Really ? Aye very good.

I'm contributing to the negativity around the place? Read your posts back. Who's negative ?

I don't have a losing mentality. If you knew me you would know that. I'm very successful thanks very much.

FFS.

Well done on your success anyway.

Salisbury Hibby
11-05-2014, 11:48 AM

I absolutely agree with this. However, Butcher, Malpas and Marsella should be getting on with the planning of how we go about beating Hamilton/Falkirk. If the manager had been having a sesh in his local I'd have been more upset. Cancelling days off, getting them in training isn't going to work with these players - in fact it would most likely have a detrimental effect.

BarneyK
11-05-2014, 11:49 AM

They are supposed to be sportsmen, athletes, and they are paid quite a handsome wage for the benefit of doing what they would do for free, what they must love. Personally I would prefer that they leave the binge drinking to when their playing days are over or during breaks in the season. I think the main gripe here is not only with regards to being out last night, but to being out most weekends. Talk of players staggering around with bottles of champagne in hand does seem a little galling.

TheFamous1875
11-05-2014, 11:50 AM
I have no qualms with players having a quiet beer to wind down after a match, however, I do find it insulting that they're out on the town getting reekin' when they're representing our club. If they'd just won a CUP or the league, I'd be more than happy for them to get out their faces for a night considering what they would have just achieved.

But getting pished in the centre of town (George Street's full of utter ****ers at that) after a unfathomably terrible season, where, by points alone we should be ****ing RELEGATED is utterly disgusting. They shouldn't want to leave their doors after that performance and that conclusion to their season. They should be EMBARRASSED to show their faces as they've completely FAILED to do their jobs.

As professional athletes, you shouldn't want to go out drinking anyway, ESPECIALLY when the season isn't even over yet!

It really does speak volumes regarding the character of the people at our club. It's complete contempt to the thousands of fans who put MILLIONS of pounds into the club year after year.

The current incumbents have turned this club into a laughing stock. The club deserves everything it gets. The supporters have suffered more emotional distress, disappointment and betrayal in the last few years than some football clubs do in their lifetime.

People are giving up, Hibs. All the stadiums and training centres in the world mean NOTHING without the football on the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

truehibernian
11-05-2014, 11:52 AM

Everyone is different and opinions vary - that's what makes the world a wonderful wee place.

But in sport and in football, emotion are high and at present fraught. I can only speak for myself really - playing youth football I was a right bad loser and wouldn't want to go out with my mates after a defeat. I do think however it boils down to timing and a little bit of humility/respect.

The players would not have needed prodding to know that we as fans are hurting - not only that, in town last night, after a days drinking, there is/was always the chance they would get abuse from all sides. Better to remove that risk, take yourself away from the heat and get the head down - they'll have summer to get drunk, socialise, have a holiday.

All boils down to mentality - human 'every day life' mentality, not just a sporting one. The players should have been really hurting and gone home last night. Instead, with social media around, they are now devils incarnate. And to be frank, they deserve all the 'abuse' they are getting on here. They have won nothing (literally), deserved nothing, achieved very little in their careers, and show no desire to change that.

Footballers however never ever have been the sharpest tools in the box.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 11:54 AM

It is our earned cash that is paying for their pints and they don't even have the decency to repay us with a performance. Relax? Unwind? Bond? What is this? A holiday? No it is paid work. It is a JOB!

If I had a disaster of a day at work and I felt accountable, I would not be going for a drink with the guys. Apart from the fact I need to be conscious with my cash, I would, if I did that each time, probably find myself unemployed.

Blowing your own trumpet there, yeah?

Ryan McGivern must be the most chilled out guy then because he is always taking the pressure off. Maybe this is why he still can't cross a ball and regularly looks like a humpty in defence. No professional sports person should act in this way - you think Andy Murray goes out on the boozer after each game he plays?

Smiggy 7-0
11-05-2014, 11:55 AM

Etc... They should try letting off some steam on the park. McGivern looked as if he was suffering a hangover yesterday afternoon.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Everyone is different and opinions vary - that's what makes the world a wonderful wee place.

But in sport and in football, emotion are high and at present fraught. I can only speak for myself really - playing youth football I was a right bad loser and wouldn't want to go out with my mates after a defeat. I do think however it boils down to timing and a little bit of humility/respect.

The players would not have needed prodding to know that we as fans are hurting - not only that, in town last night, after a days drinking, there is/was always the chance they would get abuse from all sides. Better to remove that risk, take yourself away from the heat and get the head down - they'll have summer to get drunk, socialise, have a holiday.

All boils down to mentality - human 'every day life' mentality, not just a sporting one. The players should have been really hurting and gone home last night. Instead, with social media around, they are now devils incarnate. And to be frank, they deserve all the 'abuse' they are getting on here. They have won nothing (literally), deserved nothing, achieved very little in their careers, and show no desire to change that.

Footballers however never ever have been the sharpest tools in the box.

Good post. I played sport as well and when i was relegated I was nowhere near the town and there was next to no chance of me being recognised!

I was that bad yesterday I barely moved from the couch when I got back and it wasn't my career on the line.

500miles
11-05-2014, 11:58 AM
McGivern looked like he was bawling his eyes out at full time, I'm not suprised he needed a drink. Collins wasn't coping much better. They've been out drowning their sorrows. So what? Why the **** are we hunting Hibs players after the games finished, a game which the clearly gave 100% in, even if it's not enough, and looking to crucify them? Petty jealousy? Because despite the fact that they may not be as good as us, they are still infinitely better?

Quite frankly, any Hibs fan that was upset enough to be offended by them being out would have been in the house themselves instead of in WhyNot.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 11:59 AM
This is an issue that must be addressed at Hibs. Sauzee would stay behind at training but the rest seem to be "I'm off to the boozer". Until this is addressed, it doesn't matter what players we have, if they are British, this is what we get. This is why I've always stated it would be good to get 4-5 good quality foreigners that are less likely to drink heavily (going to the boozer isn't the norm).

500miles
11-05-2014, 12:04 PM
This is an issue that must be addressed at Hibs. Sauzee would stay behind at training but the rest seem to be "I'm off to the boozer". Until this is addressed, it doesn't matter what players we have, if they are British, this is what we get. This is why I've always stated it would be good to get 4-5 good quality foreigners that are less likely to drink heavily (going to the boozer isn't the norm).

Like Latapy, Matty Jack, Mixu.....

southsider
11-05-2014, 12:05 PM
I absolutely agree with this. However, Butcher, Malpas and Marsella should be getting on with the planning of how we go about beating Hamilton/Falkirk. If the manager had been having a sesh in his local I'd have been more upset. Cancelling days off, getting them in training isn't going to work with these players - in fact it would most likely have a detrimental effect.
Butcher can plan sh*t. He was to busy flying back from an awards dinner on Thursday morning to train the players for the important game of the season. Sackable offence ?

emerald green
11-05-2014, 12:05 PM
I have no qualms with players having a quiet beer to wind down after a match, however, I do find it insulting that they're out on the town getting reekin' when they're representing our club. If they'd just won a CUP or the league, I'd be more than happy for them to get out their faces for a night considering what they would have just achieved.

But getting pished in the centre of town (George Street's full of utter ****ers at that) after a unfathomably terrible season, where, by points alone we should be ****ing RELEGATED is utterly disgusting. They shouldn't want to leave their doors after that performance and that conclusion to their season. They should be EMBARRASSED to show their faces as they've completely FAILED to do their jobs.

As professional athletes, you shouldn't want to go out drinking anyway, ESPECIALLY when the season isn't even over yet!

It really does speak volumes regarding the character of the people at our club. It's complete contempt to the thousands of fans who put MILLIONS of pounds into the club year after year.

The current incumbents have turned this club into a laughing stock. The club deserves everything it gets. The supporters have suffered more emotional distress, disappointment and betrayal in the last few years than some football clubs do in their lifetime.

People are giving up, Hibs. All the stadiums and training centres in the world mean NOTHING without the football on the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This. :top marks

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Butcher can plan sh*t. He was to busy flying back from an awards dinner on Thursday morning to train the players for the important game of the season. Sackable offence ?

No. Isn't that what coaches are for?

I've been under the impression that butcher oversees what Malpas, James mcD and Marseillaise do rather than being head coach?

emerald green
11-05-2014, 12:09 PM
McGivern looked like he was bawling his eyes out at full time, I'm not suprised he needed a drink. Collins wasn't coping much better. They've been out drowning their sorrows. So what? Why the **** are we hunting Hibs players after the games finished, a game which the clearly gave 100% in, even if it's not enough, and looking to crucify them? Petty jealousy? Because despite the fact that they may not be as good as us, they are still infinitely better?

Quite frankly, any Hibs fan that was upset enough to be offended by them being out would have been in the house themselves instead of in WhyNot.

Complete and utter nonsense. What does your last sentence mean? :confused:

Bostonhibby
11-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Just think how wild it would be if they actually won a game. Ryan McGivern would be pissed even earlier.

I am past bothering what they do, I do agree that better professionals have better discipline than we seem to have, or maybe they are more discrete or have better judgement. I think the rot set in when JC wasn't allowed to carry on with his efforts to drag the standards up.........

madhatter
11-05-2014, 12:11 PM

"Looked like" doesn't mean he was. What sorrows do you speak of? How do they purchase such drinks? We employ them as we are the club. Would you be happy if you had employees that did this after a series of major **** ups? I would certainly hope not. They are not being hunted, they went out to public places after hugely letting down at least 15k+ people in the city of Edinburgh alone. They are going into the limelight and they are, as is evident, well paid so like any other celebrity they need to live their lives appropriately whilst they have this attention (10-15 years). They are after all setting a very poor example to young Hibs fans, they are the exact same as a footballer taking a dive, footballers having fights on the pitch. Young fans see this and view it as the norm - hence the trend of alcoholism in Scotland. As was evident at the ground yesterday, I was in a row where a lady in her early 20s was holding a can of alcohol and clearly was on another planet.

I'm in no way jealous of them - they are footballers whose careers are going in the wrong direction and, as has been stated on here, they do not appear to want to correct this. They also, due to this and the alcohol, are unlikely to have a dime when they retire and will be unemployable due to lack of qualifications and poor attitude (What are your hobbies? "Eh, getting smashed!"). They appear very much like wasters to me.

If they did put 100% effort in and can't beat a poor Killie team then surely they, seeing as we have had a shocking run of form, would think I need to think about my career and what's best for Hibs. I need to put more effort in on the training field. I need to stay behind because quite clearly, as a footballer, I'm not good enough.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 12:11 PM

Difference is, at least they tended to perform on a Saturday.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Complete and utter nonsense. What does your last sentence mean? :confused:

He means if you don't think they should be out celebrating then you shouldn't have been out either.

Which I wasn't btw.

Baader
11-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Should be ashamed to show their faces in public after their performances this season. No surprise though. Maybe try winning a game first though...

Joe6-2
11-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Any other manager would have them back in today. If he's let them have the day off and they have went out drinking then we deserve to go down for being utter amateurish in the way we run a club.

If most of us show the same incompetence in our workplaces we would be shown the door.....long ago!!

Yuillsy
11-05-2014, 12:15 PM

Somebody else must've been getting the rounds in. Collins has never even come close to hitting the bar!

Scouse Hibee
11-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Tells you everything you need to know about the culture at the club.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 12:18 PM
He means if you don't think they should be out celebrating then you shouldn't have been out either.

Which I wasn't btw.

I wasn't out either - I was contemplating the disaster that is on the cards.

However, his point is flawed. 1: any fans that were out, it is their lives and they are not employees of Hibs (of us) - they may get in trouble from their own employers, that is their problem. 2: these players have had a consistent flow of **** in terms of their performance and yet they spend their easy earned cash (our hard earned cash) to celebrate in public.

Jamesie
11-05-2014, 12:18 PM

The man who tried to change it found out that the players rule the roost though.

emerald green
11-05-2014, 12:20 PM

Which I wasn't btw.

Thanks mate. I wasn't out either. What's to celebrate? I despair at times.

Coco Bryce
11-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Pat Nevin was on radio last night basically saying this. He said the worst thing the hibs board have done was sack JC. Stated that he was bringing a certain discipline and professionalism to the club.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 12:21 PM
The man who tried to change it found out that the players rule the roost though.

That is why we need more control of our club. If something like this occurred again - it should be taken in front of a Hibs fan committee where the fans can tell the players to get to **** and do their jobs.

500miles
11-05-2014, 12:21 PM
"Looked like" doesn't mean he was. What sorrows do you speak of? How do they purchase such drinks? We employ them as we are the club. Would you be happy if you had employees that did this after a series of major **** ups? I would certainly hope not. They are not being hunted, they went out to public places after hugely letting down at least 15k+ people in the city of Edinburgh alone. They are going into the limelight and they are, as is evident, well paid so like any other celebrity they need to live their lives appropriately whilst they have this attention (10-15 years). They are after all setting a very poor example to young Hibs fans, they are the exact same as a footballer taking a dive, footballers having fights on the pitch. Young fans see this and view it as the norm - hence the trend of alcoholism in Scotland. As was evident at the ground yesterday, I was in a row where a lady in her early 20s was holding a can of alcohol and clearly was on another planet.

I'm in no way jealous of them - they are footballers whose careers are going in the wrong direction and, as has been stated on here, they do not appear to want to correct this. They also, due to this and the alcohol, are unlikely to have a dime when they retire and will be unemployable due to lack of qualifications and poor attitude (What are your hobbies? "Eh, getting smashed!"). They appear very much like wasters to me.

If they did put 100% effort in and can't beat a poor Killie team then surely they, seeing as we have had a shocking run of form, would think I need to think about my career and what's best for Hibs. I need to put more effort in on the training field. I need to stay behind because quite clearly, as a footballer, I'm not good enough.

Ryan McGivern and James Collins - The Cause of Alcoholism in Scotland. Brilliant.

Ryan and James have no flaw in thier work rate. McGivern is in FANTASTIC shape. Collins covers every blade of grass. Give it a rest, stop looking for reasons to get at them, it's just so tiresome, negative and futile. Unless you're going to knock on their door and say "Right boys, this drinking is doing you no good, let's get sorted out", you're really just rallying opinion against them. That's just negativity for the sake of negativity , which helps nobody.

Leave them alone, let Butcher do his job. If he's let them out and they want to drown their sorrows, then that's their business.

Coco Bryce
11-05-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm in fantastic shape but like McGivern i'm also **** at football.

oldbutdim
11-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Pat Nevin was on radio last night basically saying this. He said the worst thing the hibs board have done was sack JC. Stated that he was bringing a certain discipline and professionalism to the club.

I thought Pat would have known the club didn't sack JC.

That's disappointing.

Coco Bryce
11-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Was it the infamous 'mutual consent' I take it?

Baader
11-05-2014, 12:27 PM

Seriously? I am infinitely better at the job I get paid to do than these guys are at theirs. Bet most on here would say the same. They are failures at what they get paid to do. What's there to be jealous about???

truehibernian
11-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Russell was one of the real 'mavericks' though 500miles that you knew would be able to morph into a top quality player regardless of the women, cigs and drink. His body was lean and his metabolism was clearly good. Mixu liked a drink....in fact when manager he had two pubs, one he would go to for a beer with Parky if we lost and one he went to when we won or did well :greengrin Both however were international footballers in a successful side as far as Hibs sides go......fans allowed them their misdemeanours as they knew more often than not they would get entertained.

The players you mention could go out now in 2014 and be adored, drinks bought for them, and universally welcomed.

Do you think James Collins and Ryan McGivern will be looked upon in the same light in 2025 if they were ever to hit the town ?

They have achieved nothing but disappointment - hence they need to reverse that and in my opinion be wary and mindful of fans reactions. They can of course reverse things by putting in two fantastic performances and winning both legs of the play off - that would merit a night out and a 'letting off steam' session.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2014, 12:30 PM
There's a difference between going out for a coyple of quiet drinks and going out on a bit of a bender.

I was in the George Hotel last night and Ryan McGivern was there and absolutely hammered, to the point he could barely stand. The same player I see in Stockbridge every other Sunday throwing back bottles of Magners like apple juice.

Being a pro athlete is a priviliged job, one that most would love to do, it's not the same as any other job and alcohol intake, and anything else,should be minimal or non existent. There's a certain striker at Morton right now who will testify to that.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 12:33 PM
There's a difference between going out for a coyple of quiet drinks and going out on a bit of a bender.

I was in the George Hotel last night and Ryan McGivern was there and absolutely hammered, to the point he could barely stand. The same player I see in Stockbridge every other Sunday throwing back bottles of Magners like apple juice.

Being a pro athlete is a priviliged job, one that most would love to do, it's not the same as any other job and alcohol intake, and anything else,should be minimal or non existent. There's a certain striker at Morton right now who will testify to that.

Did we loan Vine out? Never really got a chance did he?

madhatter
11-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Ryan McGivern and James Collins - The Cause of Alcoholism in Scotland. Brilliant.

Ryan and James have no flaw in thier work rate. McGivern is in FANTASTIC shape. Collins covers every blade of grass. Give it a rest, stop looking for reasons to get at them, it's just so tiresome, negative and futile. Unless you're going to knock on their door and say "Right boys, this drinking is doing you no good, let's get sorted out", you're really just rallying opinion against them. That's just negativity for the sake of negativity , which helps nobody.

Leave them alone, let Butcher do his job. If he's let them out and they want to drown their sorrows, then that's their business.

You are obtuse at best mate. Did I say they caused Alcoholism in Scotland? No, I said they were setting a bad example, if you do not believe this then I guess what people say about celebrities and their influence on the public is flawed. They may as well get me onto the shaving adverts then...Pepsi are thinking about getting rid of the football player adverts and just going to get 4-5 clinically obese Pepsi drinkers to be sitting on a couch watching the world cup as their advert.

Their work rate? If their work rate was so good why is McGivern unable to cross a ball and still is able to cross it to their goally or pretty much out of the ground? Tell you what, if McGivern is in FANTASTIC shape, he should quit football and become a model. And if Collins covers every blade of grass, he should become a long distance runner. They are footballers, they should be attempting to improve their game on the training field. Not boozing on, once again, just in case you didn't understand, our hard earned cash. They celebrate in public whilst the club is in disarray. They are showing disrespect to the club and the fans, simple as. Those that achieve something in sport rarely ever have such a bad attitude and rarely have such a "Let's get smashed", "Where is my drink?" nature about them.

The club should be giving them a strict diet plan that they need to stick to. The club should be forbidding them from going out for drinks at such times. I find it ridiculous that we live on a planet where we'd ridicule a doctor for going out on the bevy because lives are at stake but a footballer that could, in the current day and age, potentially earn 300k a week for kicking a ball should be allowed to blow off steam...Absurd.

ALF TUPPER
11-05-2014, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter;4008183]

"Blowing your own trumpet there, yeah?"

Nah. I just bite back when I'm called a loser .:rolleyes:

BVB Hibs
11-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Don't see the issue. They are not going on the booze the day before a game. They aren't going on the booze midweek. They're, by all accounts, not even going on the booze the day before training. There's nothing about this that's unprofessional, it's the equivalent to anybody with a monday to friday job going out on a friday night.

Those saying players should abstain entirely for their entire 15 year career. Aye, right, there isn't a single athletic profession where this is the case. If an athlete wants a drink, they'll have one if it's not going to affect their performance. Will a drink last night affect how they play in 10 days time? Nope.

Madhatter, the players are your employees? Really? If you employ them and they're showing such gross negligence why don't you sack them then? Stop talking rubbish. Players can do nearly anything they want off the pitch, provided it doesn't affect what they do on the pitch. It's no different to any other job, what you do in your spare time isn't any of your employers business as long as you're not showing up unable to carry out your responsibilities every day. We have some rubbish players, but that's nothing to do with them going to the boozer every so often.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 12:46 PM

I've been under the impression that butcher oversees what Malpas, James mcD and Marseillaise do rather than being head coach?

Wednesday is the players day off and you have to add in that some of the players may not have got home until very late after travelling back from Dingwall, so maybe asking them in to train the next day would have been harsh on them, and Butcher was back on the Thursday to help out at training.

Really can't see that being a sackable offence.

SON OF PADDY
11-05-2014, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter;4008240]That is why we need more control of our club. If something like this occurred again - it should be taken in front of a Hibs fan committee where the fans can tell the players to get to **** and do their jobs.

I like this idea !

Hibs90
11-05-2014, 12:51 PM
What is it with this forum and it's obsession with players going out if they have a couple of days off. Get a grip. It happens at all clubs ffs

--------
11-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Don't see the issue. They are not going on the booze the day before a game. They aren't going on the booze midweek. They're, by all accounts, not even going on the booze the day before training. There's nothing about this that's unprofessional, it's the equivalent to anybody with a monday to friday job going out on a friday night.

Those saying players should abstain entirely for their entire 15 year career. Aye, right, there isn't a single athletic profession where this is the case. If an athlete wants a drink, they'll have one if it's not going to affect their performance. Will a drink last night affect how they play in 10 days time? Nope.

Madhatter, the players are your employees? Really? If you employ them and they're showing such gross negligence why don't you sack them then? Stop talking rubbish. Players can do nearly anything they want off the pitch, provided it doesn't affect what they do on the pitch. It's no different to any other job, what you do in your spare time isn't any of your employers business as long as you're not showing up unable to carry out your responsibilities every day. We have some rubbish players, but that's nothing to do with them going to the boozer every so often.

Too much common sense here. You'll be on the prissy-knickers' wanted list for sure.

Said it before, say it again - the opinions that get aired on this forum and the attitudes of some supporters, I'm amazed anyone wants to play for this club.

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2014, 12:58 PM
What is it with this forum and it's obsession with players going out if they have a couple of days off. Get a grip. It happens at all clubs ffsdo guys like giggs and gerrard go out on the lash after their team have lost? It's unprofessional for footballers to be drinking at all IMO never mind after an embarrassing defeat

bigwheel
11-05-2014, 12:59 PM
The issue here is that it is disrespectful ....they can drink any week - just give us some respect and don't go partying up town after getting us in a relegation play off ...show us you care for once ...

madhatter
11-05-2014, 12:59 PM

Please read. If you are rubbish at your job would you think going out on the booze when you can is acceptable? Yes they are our employees. We pay their wages ffs. Maybe you don't, I don't understand why you would after a series of atrocious performances support these players. None of which have improved at what they are shocking at. Entire backline who cannot pass - they haven't improved this. Entire midfield who do not create and regularly are posted missing when the opposition attack. Normal people are rejected at job interviews because what they have said on Facebook so start living in the modern era. What you do in public is taken into account and they rather than taking a drink at home have chosen to do it in public.

Do you really think Messi goes out and gets legless? We are not talking about a player wanting a drink, "they'll have one" - we are talking about players getting so drunk they probably don't even know what their name is...
Ah, so as an athlete, consuming copious amounts of alcohol every week is not going to affect your performance? Hmm, how many calories in a pint again? At least 40, so lets say they have 8 pints. That is 320 calories minimum added to a diet that should be nutritionally controlled. Cristiano Ronaldo is in excellent shape, McGivern is in acceptable shape to be a footballer.

Every so often? It is every week from what I'm hearing. They haven't improved as footballers over 1-2 seasons so I'd say that the booze or their attitude is affecting their development. They aren't getting chased by EPL teams or received recognition for their performances so something is causing this - booze may not be the reason but I can assure you it won't be making them better footballers.

SON OF PADDY
11-05-2014, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter;4008240]That is why we need more control of our club. If something like this occurred again - it should be taken in front of a Hibs fan committee where the fans can tell the players to get to **** and do their jobs.

I like this idea !

Pretty Boy
11-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Too much common sense here. You'll be on the prissy-knickers' wanted list for sure.

Said it before, say it again - the opinions that get aired on this forum and the attitudes of some supporters, I'm amazed anyone wants to play for this club.

Maybe the 'prissy knickers' should follow your example and 'not give the club one more penny' until things they don't like change.

.Sean.
11-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Maybe the 'prissy knickers' should follow your example and 'not give the club one more penny' until things they don't like change.
:top marks

Delboy4
11-05-2014, 01:06 PM

Seemingly the coaching that the players get is the worst they've seen/had! Especially the goalie coaching. That's why our no.1 is leaving. From horses mouth...

GGTTH

madhatter
11-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Seemingly the coaching that the players get is the worst they've seen/had! Especially the goalie coaching. That's why our no.1 is leaving. From horses mouth...

GGTTH

So bad that the ICT players loved it.

--------
11-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Maybe the 'prissy knickers' should follow your example and 'not give the club one more penny' until thinks they don't like change.

Maybe if there had been a general boycott of a couple of games earlier in the season, and a lot more anger expressed on the forums and in the stands, The Great Helmsman and his appointees might have got the message sooner.

But they had plenty of support from certain quarters for far too long - still do, as far as I can see.

The only things people like Petrie understand are things that threaten the bottom line of their balance sheets.

Don't get after me - I have mates who loyally renewed their STs earlier this year and are now wishing they'd done what I'm doing.

NOT ANOTHER FREAKIN PENNY, PETRIE - NOT ONE.

BarneyK
11-05-2014, 01:17 PM

Honestly I cannae see Novak, Roger, Rafa and Andy Murray going out on a bender in between grand slams. I think you're maybe "quoting" me here with your 15 year abstention when in fact I said they shouldn't be binge drinking during the season. A subtle but important distinction. Anyhow, agreed that in isolation it probably does not make a huge difference, but as others have said there is the perception to be considered, the way it looks, the lack of respect perhaps. Personally I think players should concentrate on becoming the very best they can in their position, both physically and mentally. I don't see that that sits particularly well with weekly nights out on the town in a state of inebriation. Fair play if you think they can do both though.

BVB Hibs
11-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Please read. If you are rubbish at your job would you think going out on the booze when you can is acceptable? Yes they are our employees. We pay their wages ffs. Maybe you don't, I don't understand why you would after a series of atrocious performances support these players. None of which have improved at what they are shocking at. Entire backline who cannot pass - they haven't improved this. Entire midfield who do not create and regularly are posted missing when the opposition attack. Normal people are rejected at job interviews because what they have said on Facebook so start living in the modern era. What you do in public is taken into account and they rather than taking a drink at home have chosen to do it in public.

Do you really think Messi goes out and gets legless? We are not talking about a player wanting a drink, "they'll have one" - we are talking about players getting so drunk they probably don't even know what their name is...
Ah, so as an athlete, consuming copious amounts of alcohol every week is not going to affect your performance? Hmm, how many calories in a pint again? At least 40, so lets say they have 8 pints. That is 320 calories minimum added to a diet that should be nutritionally controlled. Cristiano Ronaldo is in excellent shape, McGivern is in acceptable shape to be a footballer.

Every so often? It is every week from what I'm hearing. They haven't improved as footballers over 1-2 seasons so I'd say that the booze or their attitude is affecting their development. They aren't getting chased by EPL teams or received recognition for their performances so something is causing this - booze may not be the reason but I can assure you it won't be making them better footballers.

Ever considered that maybe, as players, they just aren't that good? I play a high standard of hockey, and generally baring a few exceptions only drink during breaks in the season. Why aren't dutch sides knocking at my door, trying to sign me up on a professional contract due to my professional attitude? Oh, because there's other players out there, whether they drink or whether they don't, that are better than me. Attributing alcohol to the reason there aren't a clamour of EPL clubs fighting each other for James Collins signature is laughable really.

No, they are not your employees. You contribute towards there wages. You have no say as to which players stay at the club and which players go at the club. There employer is Hibernian football club. The players provide you with a service for the money you pay the club, much in the same way a McDonalds employee will provide you with a service. Buying a big mac contributes to a McDonalds workers wage, does that make you their employer? Ridiculous argument.

So you've taken Ronaldo as an example. How many players anywhere are in the same shape as Ronaldo? Very few. Messi is along with Ronaldo one of the two best players in the world right now, and is in nowhere near the shape of Ronaldo. Boyd was our undoing yesterday, and he's about as roly-poly as you'd ever want to see a footballer. Compared to him, McGivern is in sublime shape.

Talking about calories? Footballers need to consume vastly more calories than the average person anyway, simply due to the energy they exert during matches and at training. Phelps consumed 12000 calories a day when he was training for the olympics. An hour of exercise and the difference a few pints has made is absolutely negligible.

Anyway, just to address your opening point. Are you honestly going to tell me that any employer, anywhere in the world, is going to care if their employee gets legless, can't remember their name and ends up in a strangers apartment? They've not done anything illegal, they've not done anything to bring the business into disrepute and they've not done anything that's going to cause an issue to their working performance. The facebook argument doesn't hold here, by looking at somebody's online profile they try to gauge whether they're the type that will come into work hungover, or will damage the credibility of the company.

EDIT: Barney posted whilst this was uploading, so I will agree that yes, players going on the binge the day they've consigned their club to a relegation play off isn't the best image to be giving of themselves. Fans are disappointed, as am I, by the result and it is a bit difficult to see players out celebrating when others are hurting due to their actions. But the argument that they shouldn't be drinking because it will make them awful players, and that they should be 100% focused on football 100% of the time is the one that I don't buy.

Pete
11-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Butcher probably said "you're off for a few days so do what you like". Which is reasonable if you aren't playing for 12 days.

It then becomes up to the player. It's interesting hearing about the personal habits of the very top professionals and in a lot of cases the common trait is dedication. It's not as much about natural ability as people think and maybe if Ryan etc...had that streak they would be performing at a much higher level. I dont think their god given ability is in question as they've been at places like city and chelsea.

It's a waste but let's face it if they had upstairs they probably wouldn't be here. Personally, I'd prefer a player with less "talent" but a better attitude and I'm sure Terry does too.

degenerated
11-05-2014, 01:22 PM

GGTTH

Our no. 1 has been as honking as the rest of the useless ****ers in the team this season so he can do one in a couple of weeks too.

allezsauzee
11-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Even putting aside the fact that it's not really advisable for so called professional athletes to be out boozing, I think it shows contempt for the club and the supporters that these guys were up town on the bevvy. If I was one of them, I'd be too embarrassed to even show my face in public never mind going out clubbing when they were obviously going to be plastered over social media. If Butcher hasn't sanctioned this then he should be considering carefully whether he wants these guys at ER next season. If he has sanctioned this, then the club should be considering whether we want him at ER next season

jw1875
11-05-2014, 01:37 PM
We should set out before signing any players that we don't tolerate those who drink. If they want to drink instead if having a career and working for the club we are better off without them.

I've just read Ibrahimovic's book and he barely mentioned alcohol at all. Said he'd only ever been properly drunk once after a scudetto win. These guys on the town are useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madhatter
11-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Ever considered that maybe, as players, they just aren't that good? I play a high standard of hockey, and generally baring a few exceptions only drink during breaks in the season. Why aren't dutch sides knocking at my door, trying to sign me up on a professional contract due to my professional attitude? Oh, because there's other players out there, whether they drink or whether they don't, that are better than me. Attributing alcohol to the reason there aren't a clamour of EPL clubs fighting each other for James Collins signature is laughable really.

No, they are not your employees. You contribute towards there wages. You have no say as to which players stay at the club and which players go at the club. There employer is Hibernian football club. The players provide you with a service for the money you pay the club, much in the same way a McDonalds employee will provide you with a service. Buying a big mac contributes to a McDonalds workers wage, does that make you their employer? Ridiculous argument.

So you've taken Ronaldo as an example. How many players anywhere are in the same shape as Ronaldo? Very few. Messi is along with Ronaldo one of the two best players in the world right now, and is in nowhere near the shape of Ronaldo. Boyd was our undoing yesterday, and he's about as roly-poly as you'd ever want to see a footballer. Compared to him, McGivern is in sublime shape.

Talking about calories? Footballers need to consume vastly more calories than the average person anyway, simply due to the energy they exert during matches and at training. Phelps consumed 12000 calories a day when he was training for the olympics. An hour of exercise and the difference a few pints has made is absolutely negligible.

Anyway, just to address your opening point. Are you honestly going to tell me that any employer, anywhere in the world, is going to care if their employee gets legless, can't remember their name and ends up in a strangers apartment? They've not done anything illegal, they've not done anything to bring the business into disrepute and they've not done anything that's going to cause an issue to their working performance. The facebook argument doesn't hold here, by looking at somebody's online profile they try to gauge whether they're the type that will come into work hungover, or will damage the credibility of the company.

EDIT: Barney posted whilst this was uploading, so I will agree that yes, players going on the binge the day they've consigned their club to a relegation play off isn't the best image to be giving of themselves. Fans are disappointed, as am I, by the result and it is a bit difficult to see players out celebrating when others are hurting due to their actions. But the argument that they shouldn't be drinking because it will make them awful players, and that they should be 100% focused on football 100% of the time is the one that I don't buy.

Nah, sorry the McDonalds analogy doesn't work. Difference is Hibs fans are the only ones that are going to be paying the players' wages. Many millions across the world buy big macs so by a 15k+ thousand stopping to pay, there is going to be absolutely no impact. 2k+ stop going to games and players will be shifted out with no replacements coming in. Our club won't exist without the supporters. Going on the McDonalds analogy, people may stop going to McDonalds because they are trying to be healthier, they may not go because they don't agree with it. However, the one constant is that people still buy McDonalds even after films like Supersize Me. That is because they do, as you say, provide a service. A quick take-away meal. These players are serving up **** for our money and get paid thousands a week. Doubt many employees at McDonalds get paid 1-4k a week. Nobody at McDonalds as a company will get 300k+ a week. So once again, not comparable.

Mental stability after alcohol intake can be fixed by a few hours of exercise, wow if we all had known... To be a success as an athlete isn't just physical fitness. It is mental. After all that is said and done, alcohol is a drug and to say that a professional athlete should be able to take it as it is on their time is strange at best. Alcohol and smoking in Scotland is a plague so this mentality needs to be stamped out. Alcohol intake to our levels is not healthy. It causes chemical imbalances and can lead to mental illnesses so I find professional footballers taking their lives as a liberty leads to issues - aka George Best. Too much money too young to those that are poorly educated leads to this. No intervention is my main concern.

Sorry, Facebook logins are now asked for in high-end job applications and it goes to the level of how you present yourself online. Not just if you are able to get ******, make a fool of yourself online without damaging the companies reputation and being able to turn up to work with a hangover. If you had 2 candidates, both of equal ability, 1 with an immaculate online presence and a good track record, the other with many offensive comments online, known for going on the booze and posting up pictures of them staggering around the streets and hurling up somewhere, with posts such as "OMG last night was amazing!" - who would you employ? It does hold true - what does professional mean?

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 01:49 PM
The players were on holiday since the start of the season, why is anybody surprised by this?

madhatter
11-05-2014, 01:51 PM
The players were on holiday since the start of the season, why is anybody surprised by this?

Not surprised. Disgusted.

Paisley Hibby
11-05-2014, 01:54 PM
As far as I can see the only definite was McGivern. The Collins photo could have been taken anytime and posted by a Yam trying to stir the ****. Having said that, if any players were out in the city centre last night having a great time and getting steaming drunk, then that shows a huge lack of respect. And if they don't get why that is so they can go **** themselves. No wonder the players have lost the fans.

SunshineOnLeith
11-05-2014, 01:55 PM
So we've gone from a thread saying 'the squad' were out on the lash last night, to a picture of James Collins with no suggestions he was drunk or behaving in any way badly, and a couple of people saying McGivern was drunk, somewhere else. But again no suggestion he was acting like a dick or anything.

Cool.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 02:01 PM
So we've gone from a thread saying 'the squad' were out on the lash last night, to a picture of James Collins with no suggestions he was drunk or behaving in any way badly, and a couple of people saying McGivern was drunk, somewhere else. But again no suggestion he was acting like a dick or anything.

Cool.

Whoever was out shouldn't have been. If we don't win Playoffs this club will remain in the Championship for at least 1 year. It will be disastrous for the club and more fans will turn their back on it. These are professional footballers and in honesty the way they perform on Saturdays suggests that they'd lose to an amateur outfit.

Doesn't matter how they were acting. Going out on a Saturday night whilst the company you work for is in disarray because you have underperformed for months is not right. They could act like true gentleman for all I care. No player connected with Hibs should be going for any drinks until the club's future is secure. Absolutely ridiculous behaviour.

steviehibsleith
11-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Considering everyone contributing to this debate are on the internet i am startled that people are unaware of the effect alcohol has on the human body and more specifically athletic/ sport training.
ok great we don't have a game for 10 days but they have training tomorrow and tuesday, so all those who overindulged last night will be lucky to train physically at 70 percent. Perhaps if collins an mcgivern gave 100 percent in training collins may find the net and mcgivern a teammate witha pass.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Considering everyone contributing to this debate are on the internet i am startled that people are unaware of the effect alcohol has on the human body and more specifically athletic/ sport training.
ok great we don't have a game for 10 days but they have training tomorrow and tuesday, so all those who overindulged last night will be lucky to train physically at 70 percent. Perhaps if collins an mcgivern gave 100 percent in training collins may find the net and mcgivern a teammate witha pass.

Good post and true. Whilst playing for an amateur team, I was always told to watch what I was drinking and in what quantity. Whilst the hangover lasts usually only for 1 day (morning). The effects to your body can last several days. The effects to your mental state can last a lifetime.

The_Exile
11-05-2014, 02:11 PM
The effect of alcohol on athletic performance is significant, google it, there's plenty scientific evidence. An athlete who relies on his/her body for their wages should treat it as well as they possibly can, a single drop of booze shouldn't pass their lips. Unfortunately we've had a booze culture at the club for as long as I can remember, thought Butcher might change that but apparently the Inverness players used to get up to all sorts without him giving a monkeys? Mind you, there's nowt else to do in Inverness.

macd123
11-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Our no. 1 has been as honking as the rest of the useless ****ers in the team this season so he can do one in a couple of weeks too.

Best hibs goalie for a decade. Given the choice of williams or butcher staying, i would pick williams.

Thecat23
11-05-2014, 02:13 PM

Perfectly summed up. But folk think getting smashed is a bonding experience!!!!

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 02:16 PM
The effect of alcohol on athletic performance is significant, google it, there's plenty scientific evidence. An athlete who relies in his/her body for their wages should treat it as well as they possibly can, a single drop of booze shouldn't pass their lips. Unfortunately we've had a booze culture at the club for as long as I can remember, thought Butcher might change that but apparently the Inverness players used to get up to all sorts without him giving a monkeys? Mind you, there's nowt else to d in Inverness.

We have a booze culture in this country. Unfortunately it seems to be somewhat worse at this club.

But thats Scottish football. Full of guys that are either young and naive, or old hasbeens that see no need to take care of their bodies anymore.

dmc1875
11-05-2014, 02:18 PM
It is always the same serial offenders that are out, regardless of the result, every weekend. As many have said I'm not as concerned about them not giving a f*** and going out I'm more concerned about them all going and getting smashed. They are most certainly not tee total. They are in Why Not all the time and get dogs abuse, yet it doesn't bother them

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Is it a booze culture or a lack of professional standards culture?

hibsbollah
11-05-2014, 02:20 PM

Cool.

:agree: the usual unsubstantiated BS. Daily Record fodder.

tinnyhibby
11-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Sorry, Facebook logins are now asked for in high-end job applications and it goes to the level of how you present yourself online. Not just if you are able to get ******, make a fool of yourself online without damaging the companies reputation and being able to turn up to work with a hangover. If you had 2 candidates, both of equal ability, 1 with an immaculate online presence and a good track record, the other with many offensive comments online, known for going on the booze and posting up pictures of them staggering around the streets and hurling up somewhere, with posts such as "OMG last night was amazing!" - who would you employ? It does hold true - what does professional mean?[/QUOTE]

Excellent point

(((Fergus)))
11-05-2014, 02:25 PM
I thought Pat would have known the club didn't sack JC.

That's disappointing.

He actually said that the board allowed JC to go

Scott Allan Key
11-05-2014, 02:32 PM
David James wrote in his Guardian column that there was a correlation between having a drinking culture at a club and poor on-pitch performance. Brian Clough went on a bender with Notts Forest before one of their European Cup triumphs. But we live in changed days. But what do you replace alcohol with if you are a young man to destress if you grew up with it? Probably at present why British international team or club of British born players won't win any major international trophy until culture changes.

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 02:38 PM
David James wrote in his Guardian column that there was a correlation between having a drinking culture at a club and poor on-pitch performance. Brian Clough went on a bender with Notts Forest before one of their European Cup triumphs. But we live in changed days. But what do you replace alcohol with if you are a young man to destress if you grew up with it? Probably at present why British international team or club of British born players won't win any major international trophy until culture changes.

The best de-stresser is exercise and a healthy lifestyle.

If these players "need" alcohol to de-stress themselves, they'll never reach their full potential.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2014, 02:39 PM

:agree:

Which is why when we replaced Fenlon, i'd have prefered the club to have got the best foreign manager available to us. Someone who would have brought in mainly foreign players.

Your average Scottish player is way behind foreigners in terms of physique ability tactical awareness and mental toughness in my opinion.

Devine
11-05-2014, 02:47 PM
The fact that anyone can defend any of these tubes for going out on the lash in the centre of town is absolutely laughable. I for one was absolutely raging at the performance yesterday and in fact the whole season they have absolutely nothing to celebrate and even if they feel like a Bevvy they should have enough respect for themselves and especially the Hibs fans and at least give the impression they are hurting.

Anybody who thinks McGivern is in fantastic shape has no idea on what a 23-24 year old professional player should look like on the park. He is the slowest young full back I have ever seen and looks like he's blowing out his backside early in games. Disgraceful football player and disgraceful professionalism get him out of this club

Monopolyguy
11-05-2014, 02:53 PM
The issue here is that it is disrespectful ....they can drink any week - just give us some respect and don't go partying up town after getting us in a relegation play off ...show us you care for once ...

This ^ times 100. I Haven't read through the entire thread, but there seems to be a lot of people on here missing the point.

Of course there is nothing wrong with the players going out for a bevvy, but this is like me and my colleagues putting in crap shifts time and time again at work and jeopordizing the entire company, only to be found fannying about up town hours later as if everything is fine. The people in charge, and anyone else who has a stake in the company would be going absolutely ****ing mental at that attitude, and rightly so.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 02:53 PM
The fact that anyone can defend any of these tubes for going out on the lash in the centre of town is absolutely laughable. I for one was absolutely raging at the performance yesterday and in fact the whole season they have absolutely nothing to celebrate and even if they feel like a Bevvy they should have enough respect for themselves and especially the Hibs fans and at least give the impression they are hurting.

Anybody who thinks McGivern is in fantastic shape has no idea on what a 23-24 year old professional player should look like on the park. He is the slowest young full back I have ever seen and looks like he's blowing out his backside early in games. Disgraceful football player and disgraceful professionalism get him out of this club

Good points and yes he does often appear to be short of breath at the starts of games. I do think he cares somewhat but he doesn't put his lack of professionalism together with his lack of ability.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 02:55 PM

McGivern was blowing out his erchie after 40 minutes yesterday.....Both are shambolic when it comes to playing....Yet more losers taking the mickey out of the club who employs them

Brightside
11-05-2014, 02:55 PM

That boy shouldn't be anywhere near our stadium never mind our team.

Brightside
11-05-2014, 02:58 PM

Our team are constantly blowing out of their ***** after 40 mins. They shouldn't be anywhere near alcohol until they have confirmed our place in the SPL. Its not a hardship to concentrate on our team for once!

Brightside
11-05-2014, 03:06 PM

This is total and utter guff. McGivern is not in fantastic shape. He was blowing out his backside in the 2nd half...like he does every week. Every single free kick was the same looping high ball that is simple to defend. HE SHOULD BE WORKING ON BEING FITTER AND MORE IMPORTANTLY BECOMING A BETTER FOOTBALLER. Its is not acceptable for a pro footballer to be out on the lash at any time. Proper athletes don't do it. I'll never understand why some fans think its ok for the players the WE pay for do this week in week out.

Greenblood70
11-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Hardly a surprise that some players obviously don't give a flying ****. You only have to look at our performances and league position to see that.

Worst Hibs team ever.

Since90+2
11-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Think people are kidding themselves on if they think other (better and higher paid) players are not out on the lash on a semi regular basis. Anyone who has read the Secret Footballer will know this to be the case.

The problem (and why our players should bear this in mind) is that Edinburgh is a small city , with an extremely condensed "drinking" area in the centre , so they are more likely to be caught out boozing.

SunshineOnLeith
11-05-2014, 03:10 PM
I really think anyone who's white hot with rage over a couple of young footballers going out on a Saturday night after they lost a game of football needs to re-evaluate their life priorities. God forbid, maybe one of them even got a ride!

Brightside
11-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Think people are kidding themselves on if they think other (better and higher paid) players are not out on the lash on a semi regular basis. Anyone who has read the Secret Footballer will know this to be the case.

The problem (and why our players should bear this in mind) is that Edinburgh is a small city , with an extremely condensed "drinking" area in the centre , so they are more likely to be caught out boozing.

I don't care what other players do. OUR PLAYERS SHOULD NOT BE NEAR PUBS RIGHT NOW. How can that even be argued. We are about to be relegated and out club could be ruined by that. Going out and getting pi$$ed is not ever going to improve the performance in the next game.

Brightside
11-05-2014, 03:18 PM
I really think anyone who's white hot with rage over a couple of young footballers going out on a Saturday night after they lost a game of football needs to re-evaluate their life priorities. God forbid, maybe one of them even got a ride!

and this is why we are the worst team in the SPL.

Northernhibee
11-05-2014, 03:19 PM

What are you on about, all I hear on here is that our "support" is fantastic. Everyone would want to play for a club who pays the same as League Two sides where your every movement and activity gets tracked and criticized on the internet. :rolleyes:

The players are under huge stress, looked absolutely gutted at FT, put the effort in - when times get tough you need to take the few opportunities you get to get away from it for a night.

Let them take their opportunity for team bonding, let them get back to training, let them work on what they need to work on on but let's not have an autopsy of every single thing that they do.

Greenblood70
11-05-2014, 03:20 PM

How can you argue with such articulate logic?

weonlywon6-2
11-05-2014, 03:21 PM
I spent last night in the house watching tele and was called a grump by the family,maybe i shouldnt give a toss like some players and go out??

Na,cant do it,as for collins , get him as far away from hibs as possible hes useless

Since90+2
I don't care what other players do. OUR PLAYERS SHOULD NOT BE NEAR PUBS RIGHT NOW. How can that even be argued. We are about to be relegated and out club could be ruined by that. Going out and getting pi$$ed is not ever going to improve the performance in the next game.

Your previous post said that proper players do not go out on the lash.

My point is not whether they were correct to do it or not , in the circumstances it was probably the wrong thing to do , but to think our players are the only ones who do this is just nonsense.

Gus Fring

Neither is sitting about the house bored out their minds stressing out for the next 10 days.

I've yet to see any evidence that drinking after a game has an adverse affect on results.

In fact some of our best players in recent years have been known to go out drinking after a match. Riordan, Stokes, Griffiths.

Beefster
11-05-2014, 03:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8

HoboHarry
11-05-2014, 03:22 PM
I did - and again this morning too :greengrin

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 03:23 PM

If you were the manager of a company and your employee was spending the money you gave them on something that was negatively affecting their performances at work.

Would you be happy about it?

Beefster
11-05-2014, 03:25 PM
If you were the manager of a company and your employee was spending the money you gave them on something that was negatively affecting their performances at work.

How would you prove that? Until you could you'd have to suck it up.

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Neither is sitting about the house bored out their minds stressing out for the next 10 days.

I've yet to see any evidence that drinking after a game has an adverse affect on results.

In fact some of our best players in recent years have been known to go out drinking after a match. Riordan, Stokes, Griffiths.

Just because some players can get away with drinking but still be able to perform well at this level, doesn't mean that they are playing at their full potential.

Of course alcohol has an effect. As another poster pointed out, it doesn't matter if a game is 10 days away or 2 months away. Alcohol will effect their ability to get the most out of their training sessions, which will negatively effect their performances in matches, regardless of how far away they are.

Northernhibee
11-05-2014, 03:29 PM

It's none of my bosses business what I spend my money on in my personal time. I've given them my time, they've given me money in return, it's not a one way system.

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 03:29 PM
How would you prove that? Until you could you'd have to suck it up.

No I wouldn't have to "suck it up". If my employee was consistently failing to hit the standards in which I have set, they would be fired.

Alcohol can affect performance. It would be crazy to think otherwise.

Gus Fring
11-05-2014, 03:30 PM

What an employee spends their money on in their own time is their own business. Performances are different. Its possible to be tee-total and lead a simple life and still be horrible at your job.

Is some able to produce hard evidence that drinking after a match adversely affects the performance of a football player?

allezsauzee
11-05-2014, 03:30 PM

There's no way Collins would have scored.

Devine
11-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Just because some players can get away with drinking but still be able to perform well at this level, doesn't mean that they are playing at their full potential.

Of course alcohol has an effect. As another poster pointed out, it doesn't matter if a game is 10 days away or 2 months away. Alcohol will effect their ability to get the most out of their training sessions, which will negatively effect their performances in matches, regardless of how far away they are.

I generally agree with your point however the argument here is more fundamental. These players should have more pride and respect for themselves, the club and the support. If anyone thinks it's acceptable to go up the town get bladdered and act happy as larry after another shocking result in a shocking season needs to have a word as this tells you all you need to know about the players mentality.

On the note of players not wanting to play for the club because of the big bad scary fans judging them then they shouldn't be at Easter Road or any decent club for that fact

Hibercelona
It's none of my bosses business what I spend my money on in my personal time. I've given them my time, they've given me money in return, it's not a one way system.

But if it's causing you to fall below the standards that your boss is paying you for, then it does become his business. Because you're failing to do what he is paying you to do.

SunshineOnLeith

I'm not Ryan McGivern's manager. He plays football for the team I support.

Assuming the players have today off, I seriously doubt being slightly hungover this morning will negatively affect his performance at work. He's a fit laddie, he'll have been up and about, coffee and a bacon roll, right as rain by lunchtime.

If players showed up for training or a match drunk/hungover, then that's quite obviously another matter altogether.

Beefster
11-05-2014, 03:32 PM
No I wouldn't have to "suck it up". If my employee was consistently failing to hit the standards in which I have set, they would be fired.

Alcohol can affect performance. It would be crazy to think otherwise.

You've heard of employment law, right?

Northernhibee
11-05-2014, 03:32 PM
But if it's causing you to fall below the standards that your boss is paying you for, then it does become his business. Because you're failing to do what he is paying you to do.

I don't see players turning up hungover to games nor do I see a lack of effort.

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm not Ryan McGivern's manager. He plays football for the team I support.

Assuming the players have today off, I seriously doubt being slightly hungover this morning will negatively affect his performance at work. He's a fit laddie, he'll have been up and about, coffee and a bacon roll, right as rain by lunchtime.

If players showed up for training or a match drunk/hungover, then that's quite obviously another matter altogether.

But McGivern isn't a fit laddie though. Certainly not at this standard of football. His lack of pace and lapses in concentration have cost us dearly this season.

If he actually had a care about making it at this level. He would do so by any means necessary. That would include not drinking.

emerald green
11-05-2014, 03:36 PM

Are you reading this 500 miles and all the other apologists for the so called players who are letting our club, and its long suffering supporters, down so badly? They represent our club, but that doesn't seem to mean f*** all to them. I'm not suggesting young fit men live like monks. I didn't when I was that age. But surely, just for one Saturday night, after the huge disappointment of yesterday's result, they could have shown a bit of respect to the fans and stayed in the house for a quiet drink, or go to a restaurant for a meal and a glass of wine with wife or girlfriend? Instead, it's George Street with all the other nutters. Or is that too much to ask of these guys?

madhatter
11-05-2014, 03:37 PM
What an employee spends their money on in their own time is their own business. Performances are different. Its possible to be tee-total and lead a simple life and still be horrible at your job.

Is some able to produce hard evidence that drinking after a match adversely affects the performance of a football player?

I don't have how it would affect performance of a football player. I do however know how alcohol affects a person both on a short term period and long term. Especially if we are talking binge drinking. Liver disease. Chemical imbalances. Mental disorders and so on. None of the above would affect a players performance though would it? The acceptance of our alcoholic culture is obscene at best. They are setting a poor example. A very poor one. Whilst leaving the game, I heard 2 young girls, early teens talking about if there was vodka or tequila in the house. I'm guessing they both excel at school and are intellectually top of their game? Please find a leg to stand on.

Hibercelona

Whats your point?

Are you suggesting that the long term consumption of alcohol has no negative effects on a persons health?

Who cares if he doesn't turn up hungover to games and who cares if he tries real hard. Long term alcohol consumption will create difficulties for anybody who has a career that is based around their health.

Northernhibee
Are you reading this 500 miles and all the other apologists for the so called players who are letting our club, and its long suffering supporters, down so badly? They represent our club, but that doesn't seem to mean f*** all to them. I'm not suggesting young fit men live like monks. I didn't when I was that age. But surely, just for one Saturday night, after the huge disappointment of yesterday's result, they could have shown a bit of respect to the fans and stayed in the house for a quiet drink, or go to a restaurant for a meal and a glass of wine with wife or girlfriend? Instead, it's George Street with all the other nutters. Or is that too much to ask of these guys?

Who are you to tell people how to spend their lives? Training off today, absolutely gutted, one night to let off steam and get away from it for a bit.

We're no Barcelona.

Deansy

GGTTH

Until these 'players' suffer from metal-fatigue carrying 'Winners Medals' - they are NOT qualified to assess how good/bad the coaching is !

As for the players (allegedly ??) being out on the bash - wonder WHY they didn't spend some of their money at the Hibs-Club ??.

Northernhibee
11-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Whats your point?

Are you suggesting that the long term consumption of alcohol has no negative effects on a persons health?

Who cares if he doesn't turn up hungover to games and who cares if he tries real hard. Long term alcohol consumption will create difficulties for anybody who has a career that is based around their health.

Higdon scored goals for fun in this league and he liked a few drinks - I mind him being pished at the POTY awards. Whether or not you think getting pished is acceptable or not, it shows that it's not what's got us in this situation.

Gus Fring
11-05-2014, 03:39 PM

They are 2 seperate things. You can only sack someone for being crap. Not because they've been drinking in their time off.

Your example doesn't work in either application because a)it'd be illegal to sack someone for drinking after work and b) in contract football players don't get sacked for being crap.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 03:39 PM

And the training? Also they are so bad how would you know if they were hungover? Do people who are hungover wear badges or something? I missed that memo.

Northernhibee
11-05-2014, 03:40 PM
And the training? Also they are so bad how would you know if they were hungover? Do people who are hungover wear badges or something? I missed that memo.

No training today.

Since90+2
11-05-2014, 03:40 PM
But McGivern isn't a fit laddie though. Certainly not at this standard of football. His lack of pace and lapses in concentration have cost us dearly this season.

If he actually had a care about making it at this level. He would do so by any means necessary. That would include not drinking.

Latapy (along with Sauzee) is the best player we have had at the club in the last 20 years and its well known he enjoyed a pint and a cigarette. I think you are putting too much emphasis on our poor season on alcohol. The reality is that our players are likely to go out about as often as any other teams players do.

The issue is some players are simply not good enough , some of the tactics have been wrong , some of the team selections have been wrong and IMO Butcher is failing to get the best out of the players. These are the real issues we should be looking at.

SunshineOnLeith
11-05-2014, 03:41 PM

I'm not saying he's particularly good at football. David Wotherspoon is chronically slow and he was never labelled a booze merchant - not everyone is lighting fast.

Your last point is so far removed from your previous alluding to drinking being a sackable offense I'm not even sure what your point is any more. Do you think enforced tee-totality should be written into every Hibs player's contract?

madhatter
11-05-2014, 03:41 PM
No training today.

And tomorrow?

Northernhibee
11-05-2014, 03:43 PM
And tomorrow?

Yes, training tomorrow.

If the players are out drinking tonight then this thread may have some other point than just rallying up hate for our own players again.

Hibercelona
You've heard of employment law, right?

Yes. If my employee isn't performing to the standards that I set, due to health problems that are caused by their own behavior, then I am well within my right to sack them.

If my employee is out on the lash every weekend, then turning up to work and not performing to the standards in which I know they are capable of, I can fire them. I'd even kick their ass in any lawsuit that they may wish to file against me.

GreenLake

I'll be sending a fair whack to Kicks for Kids as I made a bet that Hibs would not be in this position. I'm not in the least bothered about making a donation to that great cause, but I am absolutely gutted about Hibs losing yesterday. Can't find the thread where I made the bet yet as it was a while ago but I'm searching for it.

Brightside
He's a fit laddie? Coffee, bacon roll? **** sake.. no wonder we are going down. Our fans think its acceptable. John Collins was bang on about Hibs - he knew whats was coming. But at least we can all go out on the lash with the players once we are humped by Hamilton.

Since90+2
11-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Yes. If my employee isn't performing to the standards that I set, due to health problems that are caused by their own behavior, then I am well within my right to sack them.

If my employee is out on the lash every weekend, then turning up to work and not performing to the standards in which I know they are capable of, I can fire them. I'd even kick their ass in any lawsuit that they may wish to file against me.

You're just talking absolute rubbish now. Both in generic terms and especially in relation to professional football players.

emerald green

What a load of absolute nonsense. This post misses many of the points which have been made already on this thread. It's not just about going to the boozer "every so often" (whatever every so often means). It's not as simple as that. What an example to give to our youth team players.

Northernhibee
He's a fit laddie? Coffee, bacon roll? **** sake.. no wonder we are going down. Our fans think its acceptable. John Collins was bang on about Hibs - he knew whats was coming. But at least we can all go out on the lash with the players once we are humped by Hamilton.
:faf: "At Hibs we expect three things - nae nights out, nae coffee and nae bacon rolls".

I think we're totally missing the point of why we're so bad on the pitch.

Baldy Foghorn
Who are you to tell people how to spend their lives? Training off today, absolutely gutted, one night to let off steam and get away from it for a bit.

We're no Barcelona.

So freaking what. We are a "Professional Football Club", but because we're no Barcelona, it's OK for our players to go out on the lash after every game. 1 win in 19, and these player's are doing their talking in the nightclubs.......

emerald green
11-05-2014, 03:47 PM

:agree: Any high ball into our box and he's lost.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 03:47 PM
They are 2 seperate things. You can only sack someone for being crap. Not because they've been drinking in their time off.

Your example doesn't work in either application because a)it'd be illegal to sack someone for drinking after work and b) in contract football players don't get sacked for being crap.

I guess the punishment for Griffith's means that the SFA beg to differ and most Celtic fans want him out. It would appear his free time did come under scrutiny and he is being punished. This is at a team that has strolled to the league as well. Yet we're to accept players binge drinking after putting us into a relegation playoff. Serious, what planet are people on? May I remind you and everyone else they did not have a solumn drink in the house. They went on a public place. Disrespect and disregard and yet fans supporting them? Weakness is embedded. Green and white army? My ****.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 03:49 PM
:faf: "At Hibs we expect three things - nae nights out, nae coffee and nae bacon rolls".

Our players are sub-standard and don't care enough for the jersey.........

SunshineOnLeith
11-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Yup, it's all my fault, sorry guys.

I'm ok with Petrie's new role as Non-exec chairman, don't think Farmer should be actively seeking a buyer, and don't want Butcher sacked, either.

I just go along and cheer the players on.

Worst. Fan. Ever.

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 03:51 PM
You guys are completely missing the point. Just because some of our best players were heavy consumers of alcohol/cigarettes or whatever, doesn't mean they were anywhere near the player that they had the potential to be.

If a player like Latapy hadn't been such a heavy consumer or booze and cigs, he'd have been nowhere near Hibs.

I can't get over this defence that somehow consuming alcohol is ok for football players not reaching their potential or players that just fail all together. ITS NOT.

It's everything that's wrong with this country. The attitude that destroying yourself with alcohol is ok if you're a complete failure.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Yes, training tomorrow.

If the players are out drinking tonight then this thread may have some other point than just rallying up hate for our own players again.

Before a match it's a 48 hour bevvy ban. Presumably for a reason?

Devine
11-05-2014, 03:52 PM

We're no Barcelona.

We're no Barcelona so it's all ok. Therein lies one of our major problems...mentality

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 03:53 PM

On paper we shouldn't be where we are. So why are our players underperforming? Maybe bevvy and poor diet are one reason?

Baader
11-05-2014, 03:54 PM
We're to accept players binge drinking after putting us into a relegation playoff. Serious, what planet are people on? May I remind you and everyone else they did not have a solumn drink in the house. They went on a public place. Disrespect and disregard and yet fans supporting them? Weakness is embedded. Green and white army? My ****.

Spot on. Of all nights last night was not one to be spotted out bevvying. Gives the impression the players do not care and are more concerned about being uptown on the lash than they are the perilous state of our club. Do they not realise how much they've let us down this season and how much danger our club is in? Would a night in have been that bad? If they'd had won yesterday no one would've minded - but they failed again.

heretoday
11-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Maybe Terry should take the chaps on a wee Highland break before the playoff. I'm sure he has some contacts up north. Get them away from the cauldron of criticism that surrounds them here. A couple of route marches in the mountains wouldn't hurt either.

easty
11-05-2014, 03:56 PM
You guys are completely missing the point. Just because some of our best players were heavy consumers of alcohol/cigarettes or whatever, doesn't mean they were anywhere near the player that they had the potential to be.

If a player like Latapy hadn't been such a heavy consumer or booze and cigs, he'd have been nowhere near Hibs.

I can't get over this defence that somehow consuming alcohol is ok for football players not reaching their potential or players that just fail all together. ITS NOT.

It's everything that's wrong with this country. The attitude that destroying yourself with alcohol is ok if you're a complete failure.

It's everything that's wrong with this country? Get a bloody grip on reality.

I'm sure I read Wayne Rooney is a smoker, if that's true then he wants to watch his back, Man Utd have way more fans than we have and they'll surely be out to get him given the ****ty season they've had. After the World Cup his whole country will be put to get him. What a ****ing waster he is, not fulfilling his potential and having a fag, when he should have been wining the league, champions league and the World Cup. I bet he likes a lager tops as well. What a dick.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Before a match it's a 48 hour bevvy ban. Presumably for a reason?

Im assuming the laws on drink driving were also changed due to the fact people were still unsuitable to drive the next day at least...

No stance here I'm sorry we've got charities, laws and schemes pointing out the long lasting effects of alcohol but people are still going to think its a bonding thing. Even though whilst binge drinking, these so called superstars will be unable to aim their **** down the lav. Just as they are unable to aim the ball into the net.

SunshineOnLeith
11-05-2014, 04:00 PM

If you want to say "I don't think athletes should drink because it's bad for the body" then I don't think anyone would take issue with that. Frankly, in a perfect world, you'd be right. Doesn't mean that Ryan McGivern going out when he's got the next day off is a sackable offense, however.

Also, quite a few people are saying Collins and McGivern are disrespecting us, how exactly? By daring to show their faces in public after losing a game of football?

easty
11-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Spot on. Of all nights last night was not one to be spotted out bevvying. Gives the impression the players do not care and are more concerned about being uptown on the lash than they are the perilous state of our club. Do they not realise how much they've let us down this season and how much danger our club is in? Would a night in have been that bad? If they'd had won yesterday no one would've minded - but they failed again.

Maybe it gives you the impression that they don't care. It doesn't give me that impression.

The fact they've been ***** on the pitch bothers me. But in my opinion that's to do with tactics, their ability and lack of confidence. Not the Flaming Blue Lamborghini cocktails they're necking. If they want to spend their spare time on George Street then go ahead. If they were turning up hungover for training then we'd know about it by now.

easty
11-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Im assuming the laws on drink driving were also changed due to the fact people were still unsuitable to drive the next day at least...

No stance here I'm sorry we've got charities, laws and schemes pointing out the long lasting effects of alcohol but people are still going to think its a bonding thing. Even though whilst binge drinking, these so called superstars will be unable to aim their **** down the lav. Just as they are unable to aim the ball into the net.

Jesus turned water into wine, he started it all. And he knows better than charities.

Baader
11-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Maybe it gives you the impression that they don't care. It doesn't give me that impression.

Really? You must be easy pleased.

easty
11-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Really? You must be easy pleased.

Yep. I've a happy life.

Baader
11-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Yep. I've a happy life.

Good for you. Me too. Glad to know you wouldn't mind the players pished doing the conga after getting relegated. I would. Hibs deserve better.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Good for you. Me too. Glad to know you wouldn't mind the players pished doing the conga after getting relegated. I would. Hibs deserve better.

He won't care because Jesus turned water into wine...

I'd they fail us again then obviously as the Bible has told us they have but one option, that is to get drunk as a skunk and do the conga.

easty

We weren't relegated. They weren't doing the conga (Collins had drinks in both hands, how could he?). The conga would suggest some kind of celebration anyway, I'm not of the opinion that the players were out celebrating their defeat last night.

Danderhall Hibs
Also, quite a few people are saying Collins and McGivern are disrespecting us, how exactly? By daring to show their faces in public after losing a game of football?

It gives off the impression that they don't really care. Secondly stoating about with champagne gives the impression of celebration. They've nothing to celebrate.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 04:16 PM
We weren't relegated. They weren't doing the conga (Collins had drinks in both hands, how could he?). The conga would suggest some kind of celebration anyway, I'm not of the opinion that the players were out celebrating their defeat last night.

What is smiles on their face with drinks in their hands at a club then? Misery is it?

emerald green
11-05-2014, 04:17 PM

We're no Barcelona.

Did you actually read what I said in my post or are you deliberately misinterpreting what I said? I am not telling people how to spend their lives at all. I have no right to do so. I said I don't expect young men to live like monks, and neither did I at that age. I however wasn't privileged to be a professional football player. Do you think going up to George Street last night drinking and getting p***** was acceptable for players who represent Hibernian FC? Would it really have been too much to ask for them to lay off just for one Saturday night? It's not as if last night was an isolated occasion. It wasn't "one night to let off steam" at all. It's pretty regular from what I've been told. The timing, to say the least, was ignorant and insensitive. I agree with your last point. We're no Barcelona that's for sure, and never will come even remotely close with attitudes and behaviour like that.

500miles
11-05-2014, 04:23 PM

HE DONE THE CONGA!? My god! Well that's me all turned about on the issue. He should be sacked in the morning for Gross Mis-Conga.

Gus Fring
11-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I guess the punishment for Griffith's means that the SFA beg to differ and most Celtic fans want him out. It would appear his free time did come under scrutiny and he is being punished. This is at a team that has strolled to the league as well. Yet we're to accept players binge drinking after putting us into a relegation playoff. Serious, what planet are people on? May I remind you and everyone else they did not have a solumn drink in the house. They went on a public place. Disrespect and disregard and yet fans supporting them? Weakness is embedded. Green and white army? My ****.

Leigh Griffiths wasn't punished for being out drinking, Leigh Griffiths was punished for bringing the game into disrepute.

'Most' Celtic fans? Have you done a poll? Do you have any evidence to back that up?

SunshineOnLeith
11-05-2014, 04:24 PM
It gives off the impression that they don't really care. Secondly storing about with champagne gives the impression of celebration. They've nothing to celebrate.

Doesn't give off that impression to me.

Maybe McGivern had champagne because it was someone's birthday or something? I don't know and frankly don't care, just because you've reacted badly to them going out doesn't make them disrespectful.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 04:25 PM

Maybe McGivern had champagne because it was someone's birthday or something? I don't know and frankly don't care, just because you've reacted badly to them going out doesn't make them disrespectful.

Not to you but it is to me.

easty
11-05-2014, 04:25 PM
What is smiles on their face with drinks in their hands at a club then? Misery is it?

When I am king, smiling in front of a camera shall be punishable by rocks to the face until the criminal looks like Steve Fulton.

basehibby
11-05-2014, 04:29 PM

This - it's a bit of a non story - there's ten days or so until the play offs so it makes sense to allow the players a brief respite. That some of them choose to go out for a drink is no great surprise. Would be a problem if it was only a day or two before a game though.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Leigh Griffiths wasn't punished for being out drinking, Leigh Griffiths was punished for bringing the game into disrepute.

'Most' Celtic fans? Have you done a poll? Do you have any evidence to back that up?

Why do people ask for evidence when they provide none themselves...
More evidence for alcohol affecting performance certainly but I guess we'll just ignore that.

Griffiths would have been less likely to bring the game into disrepute had he not had a drink. Put 2 and 2 together. As a country we are woeful because of smoking and drinking and people backing professional footballers failing, binge drinking after losing and ultimately setting a bad example for youngsters is nothing less than a disgrace.

Brightside
11-05-2014, 04:30 PM

Ryan McGivern doesn't care a jot about Hibs.

Hibbyradge
11-05-2014, 04:32 PM
lol

SunshineOnLeith
11-05-2014, 04:32 PM
When I am king, smiling in front of a camera shall be punishable by rocks to the face until the criminal looks like Steve Fulton.

Picture the scene in WhyNot:

Someone goes up to James Collins "James? Hi, James Collins? I'm a massive Hibee, would you mind if I get a photo with you?"

Collins: "Sorry, I'm too sad."

Fan later posts thread on Hibs.net: That James Collins is a *****ing dick.

Greenblood70
11-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Yes, training tomorrow.

You without doubt slaver the biggest load of pish I've read on this site, well done sir some accolade. Do you just assume a contrary position for attention or something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibrandenburg
11-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Open door, throw in hand grenade, piss off sharpish and then sit back and watch the fun and games begin.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Save your attempts at hilarity and general apathy until we're relegated. I suppose you'll invite the players for a few drinks to celebrate the end of the season. "On me boys, you've had a tough time in one of the easiest well paid jobs on the planet, you need to let off some steam". Public shows of enjoyment whilst your company is in disarray is wrong. So is your reference to Jesus and Steve Fulton on this matter whilst your club is in serious trouble. Defending the undefendable whilst arguing with fellow fans is ludicrous and has plagued this club too long.

SunshineOnLeith
11-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Save your attempts at hilarity and general apathy until we're relegated. I suppose you'll invite the players for a few drinks to celebrate the end of the season. "On me boys, you've had a tough time in one of the easiest well payed jobs on the planet, you need to let off some steam". Public shows of enjoyment whilst your company is in disarray is wrong. So is your reference to Jesus and Steve Fulton on this matter whilst your club is in serious trouble. Defending the undefendable whilst arguing with fellow fans is ludicrous and has plagued this club too long.

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

easty
11-05-2014, 04:41 PM

Someone goes up to James Collins "James? Hi, James Collins? I'm a massive Hibee, would you mind if I get a photo with you?"

Fan: "really? You know what's good when you're sad, this'll cheer you up, trust me. LISTEN UP EVERYONE, LETS ****ING CONGA....DJ HIT IT!"

Few minutes of conga dancing fun later.

Collins: "thanks random fella, you were right, now let me just pick up my two drinks and we'll get that photo you wanted."

Fan later posts thread on Hibs.net: That James Collins likes to conga

I changed it up a little. I like it better my way.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 04:43 PM

Fan later posts thread on Hibs.net: That James Collins is a *****ing dick.

Picture the scene; James Collins isn't in why not.

No thread, no disrespect, no outrage.

The end.

easty
11-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Save your attempts at hilarity and general apathy until we're relegated. I suppose you'll invite the players for a few drinks to celebrate the end of the season. "On me boys, you've had a tough time in one of the easiest well paid jobs on the planet, you need to let off some steam". Public shows of enjoyment whilst your company is in disarray is wrong. So is your reference to Jesus and Steve Fulton on this matter whilst your club is in serious trouble. Defending the undefendable whilst arguing with fellow fans is ludicrous and has plagued this club too long.

Please accept my deepest apologies. I'm 30 years old now and should know that, much like Hibs players having a drink, we fans should not be making light of things until after we are safe from relegation. I'll put away my Stevie Fulton and Jesus joke book until after the play off game.

SunshineOnLeith
11-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Picture the scene; James Collins isn't in why not.

No thread, no disrespect, no outrage.

The end.

But then who would he conga with?

You can't conga by yourself, silly.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Please accept my deepest apologies. I'm 30 years old now and should know that, much like Hibs players having a drink, we fans should not be making light of things until after we are safe from relegation. I'll put away my Stevie Fulton and Jesus joke book until after the play off game.

Making light of things? If we get relegated which is a likely prospect, we may not be back for 2-3 years. Should Terry start giving out Buckfast in the dressing room before the playoffs so we can all make light of things while our players roll about the pitch? Whilst this would be hilarious on Only An Excuse. This would honestly bring me to tears in the stands.

Since90+2
11-05-2014, 04:49 PM

I actually agree with you on this point, well at least until after the watershed.

Beefster
11-05-2014, 04:51 PM

Who has health problems? You're now completely changing the scenario to one that's just made up.

To be honest, you sound like you haven't got the foggiest about employment law either.

easty
11-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Making light of things? If we get relegated which is a likely prospect, we may not be back for 2-3 years. Should Terry start giving out Buckfast in the dressing room before the playoffs so we can all make light of things while our players roll about the pitch? Whilst this would be hilarious on Only An Excuse. This would honestly bring me to tears in the stands.

We won't be relegated and nothing is funny on Only An Excuse.

That's all I can really reply on this. The middle part had me looking for a 'not quite sure what's happened here' smiley but I don't think one exists yet.

Baader
11-05-2014, 04:58 PM
We won't be relegated

Panic over! Had me worried given our lack of winning a match recently. But good to know.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 05:00 PM
We won't be relegated and nothing is funny on Only An Excuse.

That's all I can really reply on this. The middle part had me looking for a 'not quite sure what's happened here' smiley but I don't think one exists yet.

I give up on this matter. Should we get relegated then I hope blind faith and support fades. Especially in these players.

Oh and I bet the club feel stupid for not scouting the opposition for the playoffs. Stubbornness and a indifferent attitude with a degree of comedy wont save us from relegation. Making light of our situation is what other teams are doing, we are the laughingstock of Scottish football. The worrying thing is most of our fans are doing the same.

mcfly
11-05-2014, 05:01 PM

He's an imposter, worst left back in the league.

Distribution is woeful, terrible attitude, big time wannabe,

1st player id get rid off...utterly useless

Gus Fring
11-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Why do people ask for evidence when they provide none themselves...
More evidence for alcohol affecting performance certainly but I guess we'll just ignore that.

Why would we ignore it? People keep saying there is evidence but they aren't showing it? That's what I was asking to see.

Why would I need to supply evidence? I'm not claiming anything!

sven nil
11-05-2014, 05:05 PM
the reason collins had two drinks in his hand it was 2 glasses of cola he was hiding from some of the players,They were asking who had the coke it was collins they thought it was a guy called charlie!

Dashing Bob S
11-05-2014, 05:05 PM
A few days on the ale and champers, consuming several drugs and waking up in a marginal part of the city, bleary eyed, with a broken-toothed crack whore munching on your tackle, while another rifles through your discarded garments and your bankcards, is sadly part and parcel of the modern game. Oh, to be able to turn the clock back to the 80's when people knew how to behave.

madhatter
11-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Why would we ignore it? People keep saying there is evidence but they aren't showing it? That's what I was asking to see.

Why would I need to supply evidence? I'm not claiming anything!

You are claiming the contrary by asking for evidence. Here is evidence for you: drink driving law. Alcohol has been proven to cause deaths by someone getting twacked by a car driven by someone inebriated. They have lesser ability to drive in this condition hence the law. How are our players able to train at their peak with alcohol in their system? People die of liver disease and drink related illnesses every year so saying that players won't be at the peak of their fitness is true. Lastly, we have been woeful all season and from what I hear this is a long lasting issue at Hibs. Long lasting rumours of binge drinking at Hibs and we've got long lasting failure. Not the only cause for failure but is one of them. Culture is all wrong.