PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Message From The Chairman

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
11-05-2014, 09:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140511/message-from-the-chairman_2262950_3819981)

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 09:22 AM
**** off

HH81
11-05-2014, 09:24 AM
I am surprised that he didnt finish with the ticket prices for the play off game.

Heisenberg
11-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Basically a don't look at me statement, "focus on abusing the team because I'm away in the summer anyway" kind of thing.

Islington Hibs
11-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Petrie ''As we move through the summer and into the start of next season the wind of change will blow through the Club to enrich and reinvigorate it for the benefit of every Hibernian supporter."

Hopefully those winds of change will be without you Mr Petrie.

Leith Green
11-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Funny how we only hear from him when severe pressure is on him.. Absolute joke of a chairman and can get tae ****

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Oscar T Grouch
11-05-2014, 09:29 AM
I don't think Rods been watching the same team I have this season. Energy and commitment?

Michael
11-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Wonder what the other radical changes will be? (In before someone says 'the league we play in').

Dr Jimmy
11-05-2014, 09:30 AM

No.
***** at what he does and ***** at what he doesn't.

hibsbollah
11-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Its not good enough to hint at 'radical changes' without being specific.

Greenblood70
11-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Was hoping it would say Butcher has resigned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Its not good enough to hint at 'radical changes' without being specific.Part of the top secret 5 year plan?

stoneyburn hibs
11-05-2014, 09:34 AM

Naw no really, Petrie is completely detached from the lifeblood of this club, us.

Sir David Gray
11-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Heard it all before.

Unless the radical changes he's talking about are the complete removal of himself from the club and a change in ownership then i'm really not interested.

I said when Fenlon left and Butcher came in that nothing would really change at the club whilst we remained with the current leadership at the top of the club and so that's proved to be the case.

I didn't quite expect us to be in such a position within 6 months of that change taking place but yet another change in the dugout was never going to deliver success.

WhileTheChief..
11-05-2014, 09:37 AM
I liked it.

Much better than the silence we moan about and think he got the tone about right in the circumstances.

c31
11-05-2014, 09:39 AM
bla bla bla, the missing sentence is "season tickets are valid for this game"

Onceinawhile
11-05-2014, 09:39 AM
All that is, is a statement saying stop giving me stick I'm leaving.

An empty, hollow piece of rhetoric designed to appease, without looking at the problems facing the club or the causes.

scuttle
11-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Basically blaming the players" dismal " and way below the capabilities of the management team [butchers safe]. But all very vague IMO

mmmmhibby
11-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Same pathetic empty rhetoric!!! Surprise.

Waxy
11-05-2014, 09:42 AM
At last the invisible man speaks.

Shore Thing
11-05-2014, 09:43 AM
"make sure we take care of
business on the field and finally put this
season behind us"
sounds as vague as "our Target is to win as many games as possible".

No mention of actually winning the games, or a guarantee that the players will have the incentive to win (substantial win bonus).

J-C
11-05-2014, 09:48 AM
I had a punter in the taxi last night who told me of a statement David Murray said of Rod Petrie. He said Murray had said " some people are hard to deal with due to them being extremely clever, other are hard to deal with due to them being extremely stupid, Mr Petrie comes into the later category."

​Not far wrong probably.

Paisley Hibby
11-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Basically blaming the players" dismal " and way below the capabilities of the management team [butchers safe]. But all very vague IMO

He's only safe because we don't have the money it would cost to sack him.

Bobby's Cinema
11-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Same pathetic empty rhetoric!!! Surprise.
He should know by now that handing us a standard, impersonal message like that isn't winning him any fans. No interest in engaging and talking to us in a way that tells us we really are all in it together. Thank god for a bit of change in Leann

Paisley Hibby
11-05-2014, 09:52 AM
I had a punter in the taxi last night who told me of a statement David Murray said of Rod Petrie. He said Murray had said " some people are hard to deal with due to them being extremely clever, other are hard to deal with due to them being extremely stupid, Mr Petrie comes into the later category."

​Not far wrong probably.

Petrie might be a lot of things but he's not stupid.

And that would be the same David Murray who caused the financial collapse of Rangers and MIM? He falls into the "not nearly as clever as he thinks he is category".

oldbutdim
11-05-2014, 09:53 AM
David Murray 'summoned' Petrie to tell him Judas was the new Rangers boss. Petrie refused to be his lapdog.
Maybe Murray still remembers getting told to bolt.

truehibernian
11-05-2014, 09:54 AM

Nope, startlingly predictable........I posted last week that this is exactly what he would do. He never fails to let you down on the 'media' front.

Should have been doing a half hour interview with Hibs TV made available to all......just for starters. Rod, as per, hides behind a statement and 'does a nash'.

The 'wind of change' should have been set in motion after the Hearts cup final. Not now when we are a flick of the switch away from being cast down the leagues for a few seasons, and mark my words, we will be. Sorry to paint the worst case scenario here, but next season we will toil again in my opinion, and we'll spend at least 2, maybe three seasons in the Championship - unless of course there is a revamp of the league structure.

Rod Petrie is the main reason we are where we are today on the football front. As cowardly as the players, it's pretty shameful for me to be brutally honest.

And where are the players and captain's statements ?? They should have been apologising to camera 3pm yesterday and for all to see too !

3pm
11-05-2014, 09:54 AM

​Not far wrong probably.

David Murray? :faf:

Destroyed the huns! :aok:

greenpaper55
11-05-2014, 09:56 AM
The usual lots of words but they mean the square root of f*** all !. If he said i resign and will never darken the door again now that would be worth spouting about.

Saorsa
Petrie might be a lot of things but he's not stupid.Patronising, arrogant, shameless for starters

Hibs90
He's slavering more crap to keep some fans on board.

Bleeds green
11-05-2014, 09:57 AM
I like this some supporters are just never going to be happy

ALF TUPPER
Going to bide my time until I hear what the radical changes are going to be.

Better be good guys

J-C

Maybe not when it comes to money but he was probably referring to his footballing knowledge and his dealings in the football world. Remember Petrie had nothing to do with football before he came here, he was an accountant and financial adviser for STF.

Paisley Hibby
11-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Patronising, arrogant, shameless for starters

I'd have said that's more an accurate description of David Murray than Rod Petrie.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2014, 10:00 AM

I don't believe a word he says anymore, so yes i believe you are correct. I'm not alone in this either, and that is never a good thing.

Beefster
11-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Its not good enough to hint at 'radical changes' without being specific.

Agreed. It's Rodders' usual play though (think the mythical 5 year plan).

bla bla bla, the missing sentence is "season tickets are valid for this game"

I think the line about the league campaign being over is subtly making the point that STs won't be valid.

loanheadhibby
11-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Was hoping it would say Butcher has resigned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

same here. If butcher has anything about him, he will at least offer his resignation to the new CEO.

i've got little sympathy for Petrie but lets not kid, he does not cross that white line. The players and management are mostly to blame, no one else.

puff the dragon
11-05-2014, 10:06 AM
The only statement I sent to see from this failure of a man is that he has resigned from all positions and has sold his 10%.

his whole reign at hibs can now be classed as a complete failure.

Ronniekirk
11-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Not even going to read it as until I know what division we are playing in and what' the wind of change actually means in reality it's hard to judge if we will be invigorated etc But there is clearly an acceptance that things can't go on the way they are so it's a start .

SonOfTortolano
11-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Radical change alright....dropping out the SPL?

Golden Bear
11-05-2014, 10:09 AM

:agree:

The most important message was the need to stay behind the team for the play off fixtures.

United we stand divided we fall.

Thecat23
11-05-2014, 10:10 AM
I can't believe he has the cheek to as us to be "patient."

Is he at the wind up here? The man is an arrogant tosser, who patronises every Hibs fan out there. He's deranged and deluded and we all laughed at Hearts for having a loony in charge of them.

cabbageandribs1875
11-05-2014, 10:10 AM

​Not far wrong probably.

the lassie at my nearest grocery store told me of a statement petrie once said of david murray

"the difference between david murray and myself is, i have a strong moral fiber...david murray does not"...end of and FACT

i lied of course(about the RP statement), but i wouldn't listen to anything david murray has to say about fellow businessmen

Weir7
11-05-2014, 10:37 AM
I can't believe he has the cheek to as us to be "patient."

Is he at the wind up here? The man is an arrogant tosser, who patronises every Hibs fan out there. He's deranged and deluded and we all laughed at Hearts for having a loony in charge of them.
Great post.

Swanning about BTG in his arrogant manner. So he gets a

tricky question hes off ski to try and find his fan club

Weir7
11-05-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't think Rods been watching the same team I have this season. Energy and commitment?

Correct

Bob Box Fish
11-05-2014, 10:42 AM
I want petrie out but no matter what he says in that message he won't win.

mcfly
11-05-2014, 10:44 AM
I've been patient for 4 seasons watching his crap managers buy more crap players and play crap football leaving us in bottom 6 year in year out.

I'm surprised it's taken this long for the fans to turn on him

Interesting he has not told us how much he is charging us for these games though

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2014, 10:45 AM
First things first. David Murray's opinion of Rod Petrie is worth nothing ... RP might not be very good at running a successful on field football club. But I would never question his honesty.

As for the statement on the club site.

It seems to me that this is leading to at least partial fan ownership. That's fine, but we must leave room for a wealthy owner willing to invest in the club or we will stand still. We just don't have the fan base to accumulate the millions needed to improve things on the park.

As usual though there is no specifics as to what these changes will be or how they will be achieved ..... a bit like our now legendary 5 year plan.

As others have said ....... A statement saying that ST holders get into the play off match free and a fiver for everybody else would have helped. Hell, a fiver for everybody including ST holders would be OK. Instead of that nothing ......... once again RP drops the ball.

I find the lets get behind the team in the play off stuff laughable ....... what the hell did we do yesterday, what have we done every time it mattered ..... did he leave Hampden with 15 minutes to go last year. We have and are holding up our end of the bargain Mr Petrie .... the problem is that in our eyes the club are failing to hold up theirs.

AL-Qaholik
11-05-2014, 10:47 AM
More patronising, arrogant *****£ from Roaster Rod!

THE ONLY message we want to hear from you is "I am leaving the club with immediate effect and have passed my 10% stake in the club on to a local children's charity."

How the ****** he thinks he can ask us to be "patient" actually beggars belief!
What the hell does he think we've been for the last 7 years?!!

Seriously, just leave. Now. Permanently.

In short

GET TAE ******!!!!

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Going to bide my time until I hear what the radical changes are going to be.

Better be good guys

I think most sensible fans, and almost all that I know and speak to, share that view! :agree:

Engaging with the supporters is much more at a time like this than posting an impersonal message telling us that the team is not performing (we know that!) and that TB will be manager no matter what (we also suspected that too)! These two points are IMO integral to the general feeling amongst supporters of not being peruaded to put ourselves through more of the same next season and, particularly if our regular investment in the club has been insufficient to keep us in the SPFL. This profligacy with our cash has been going on for some years with succeeding extremely poor appointments of extremely poor managers resulting in awful product on the park and little entertainment or enjoyment for the fans! The fans are not responsible for any of that and those who are require to take full responsibility for their actions in a way that re-engages with the supporters before this current divide will be healed!

I have a great seat at ER which took me years to get to. However, I am not going to continue putting cash into the club and getting largely little back in terms of entertaining football on a week in, week out basis. Consequently, I may have to release that seat! Entertainment and enjoyment on the pitch is what football fans want and, if the club and the senior managers don't accept that then the consequences of doing so are entirely of their own making!

I do hope that this has a satisfactory outcome and soon because, if it doesn't, many loyal and longs standing fans and supporters (difficult to separate these terms really) may be lost to the Club for a long time, even for ever!

That would be very sad!

Weir7
11-05-2014, 10:55 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140511/message-from-the-chairman_2262950_3819981)

Radical change........ DOF is getting appointed but hes not a fitba person. ....
. Hes another suit. .......

Good one Rod

Gerard
11-05-2014, 10:55 AM
The usual lots of words but they mean the square root of f*** all !. If he said i resign and will never darken the door again now that would be worth spouting about.

Our club faces big challenges. We are on the brink of being relegated and that is not acceptable for our club. The football results for this year and for the past 7 years has been also not been acceptable. The time is right for massive change in our club. I want the new CEO to have a chance to do her job and be successful. I want Mr Petrie to be able to move on to a new challenge and not for all the good work that he has done for our club to be tarnished.
I want our club to look at ways in which it can move to fans being able to own a majority of the shares. I know that will not be easy to do do but in the long term IMO is the direction that the club should be going in.
Terry Butcher needs time to mould his team and if he can do that he has a very good chance of being successful. Our club needs us to escape the disaster of being relegated as if we are relegated we could be in the lower league for at least 2 years.

steakbake
11-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Just a load of flannel to deflect heat. A rambling holding statement.

mutley
11-05-2014, 10:56 AM
To me, that was written weeks ago and just tweaked a few words here and there to suit the situation of the day. Cut and paste job

WestStandMoaner
11-05-2014, 10:57 AM
More patronising, arrogant *****£ from Roaster Rod!

THE ONLY message we want to hear from you is "I am leaving the club with immediate effect and have passed my 10% stake in the club on to a local children's charity."

How the ****** he thinks he can ask us to be "patient" actually beggars belief!
What the hell does he think we've been for the last 7 years?!!

Seriously, just leave. Now. Permanently.

In short

GET TAE ******!!!!

1oo% agree

Hibernia&Alba
11-05-2014, 10:57 AM
**** off

First reply to the tache's message and it made me chuckle. :-D

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 10:58 AM
This place had been full of "Petrie GTF" and, reading between the lines, this statement is saying that that's what's happening. As ever, details won't be given until there's something definite to say. He also asks us to stick with the team for the playoffs. I honestly don't see the problem with this statement.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 11:01 AM
This place had been full of "Petrie GTF" and, reading between the lines, this statement is saying that that's what's happening. As ever, details won't be given until there's something definite to say. He also asks us to stick with the team for the playoffs. I honestly don't see the problem with this statement.The fact that he's still there tae make it? :dunno:

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 11:04 AM
The fact that he's still there tae make it? :dunno:

But he seems to be on the way out.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 11:06 AM
But he seems to be on the way out.He'll still be there, you really believe that Mr. 10% will still be there without sticking his oar in?

hibeesjoe
11-05-2014, 11:07 AM
We could have Alan Sugar and Bill Gates in as chief executives but while Petrie has a financial interest in the club then I doubt anything will change for the better.

jacomo
11-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Petrie ''As we move through the summer and into the start of next season the wind of change will blow through the Club to enrich and reinvigorate it for the benefit of every Hibernian supporter."

Hopefully those winds of change will be without you Mr Petrie.

I've said it before - belatedly, Rod seems to have realised that big changes are needed and is doing something about it. The problem is that, in the meantime, we've got dragged into a relegation battle and so these changes are happening under crisis conditions.

We DO need to somehow focus on the play off tie - after that, Rod will then be held to account. He can't make statements like this and then not deliver tangible changes.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2014, 11:11 AM
I want petrie out but no matter what he says in that message he won't win.

:agree: Thats because a big percentage of folk dont believe a single word he says now.

Alfred E Newman
11-05-2014, 11:16 AM
I don't really see the problem with his statement . At least he has said something. I am sure he never visualised this situation developing but still has to carry some responsibility for it .
His message to stay behind the team till after the play off is one we must take on board. We are not relegated yet and though the signs don't look good we have two games against a lower league club to ensure our survival. After that it is open season for protest and for change.
Reading his statement it looks like he is going and hopefully a good few more with him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Polished and carefully scripted piece that essentially says nothing. A bit like a Party Political Broadcast.
He will be hoping that ER is as packed with fans, as that tripe is packed with cliches.

Cabbage East
11-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Same old ****. **** off.

The Leith Dutch
11-05-2014, 11:17 AM
i've got little sympathy for Petrie but lets not kid, he does not cross that white line. The players and management are mostly to blame, no one else.

This sums it up unfortunately.

The board may be to blame for us not being successful but it's Butcher and the players that are to blame for us being failures.

johncrobertson@
11-05-2014, 11:22 AM
I remember something similar on the official club message board, about a change in the club from top to bottom - after that cup final! He has been saying the right things for years, but never truly turns words into actions. As the saying goes 'to achieve change, first change yourself'

portycabbage
11-05-2014, 11:23 AM
This sums it up unfortunately.

The board may be to blame for us not being successful but it's Butcher and the players that are to blame for us being failures.

I'm not sure there's really a difference between "failure" and "not being successful". And the board is at least partly responsible for Butcher and the current playing staff being there to cross the white line in the first place.

Lago
11-05-2014, 11:26 AM
The same David Murray who claims a certain Mr. White conned him. Says it all, so if Petrie is stupid Murray must be as thick as pig ****.

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 11:29 AM
He'll still be there, you really believe that Mr. 10% will still be there without sticking his oar in?

Do you think that Leanne Dempster, who'll know more about what happens inside ER than any of us, would have taken the job if she thought she'd be hindered in any way by RP?

mmmmhibby
11-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Do you think that Leanne Dempster, who'll know more about what happens inside ER than any of us, would have taken the job if she thought she'd be hindered in any way by RP?

Money Talks.

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Money Talks.

In some jobs, keeping your reputation is worth more than a few quid extra.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Do you think that Leanne Dempster, who'll know more about what happens inside ER than any of us, would have taken the job if she thought she'd be hindered in any way by RP?I dinnae think anything will change while he's there, I guess we'll see who is right and who is wrong but until that **** is gone there be any money from me beyond any game I choose tae go tae. There winnae be the hundreds that I put in every year via ST's, club store, KfK, player sponsorship, etc, etc.. I've seen enough of my money wasted paying for his **** ups.

The Leith Dutch
11-05-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure there's really a difference between "failure" and "not being successful". And the board is at least partly responsible for Butcher and the current playing staff being there to cross the white line in the first place.

I guess my point is that you can argue that while Butcher and the players currently at the squad are not the right ones to take us where we want to be - challenging at the top of the table (especially with the yams and sevco temporarily out of the picture) they certainly shouldn't be getting themselves relegated.

Put it this way - which of the other bottom six squads would you trade wholesale for ours if you looked at it on paper?
And bear in mind we - and that squad - had a six point lead going into the split.

To be clear I'm not defending the board and I'm not saying the players we have are good enough but if we'd emptied our whole squad out in January and brought in Archibald and the entire Partick Thistle squad the rage on this board would have melted the whole internet.

To me there's a difference between whether Butcher and those players are good enough for our club (success) and whether Butcher and those players should have achieved the basic level of competency to defend a 6 point lead against dross (failure).

madhatter
11-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Ok, apology, that is grand. Where was the bit at the end saying "We will never let this happen again to our club, this, we know cannot go on any longer - we will, I assure you turn this club into at the very least a top-6 club year on year". From what I've heard about Leeann, I seriously doubt she would come unless she knew she would be in control. She seems really ambitious if anything and strong willed so I cannot see her going "I'll move to Hibs who appear to be in freefall, with abuse directed to board members (me as well should I move), with a shadow hovering over me telling me what to do and all this because I get a bit more ££££." Nah can't see it. She is not going to move from a good thing where she will already be on big bucks to Hibs unless she felt she could do something.

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 11:47 AM
The same David Murray who claims a certain Mr. White conned him. Says it all, so if Petrie is stupid Murray must be as thick as pig ****.

Maybe Mr Murray had little influence over the need to do THAT deal with Mr Whyte!? :hmmm: :dunno:

Jack
11-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Damned if he does make a statement damned if he doesn't.

"Looking ahead, 2014 will be a year of change for Hibernian. It has already been announced that Leeann Dempster is joining us as Chief Executive. That means day to day responsibility for running of the Club will pass to Leeann - a change which has been universally welcomed by Hibernian supporters.

Not good enough Rod. Go tell STF the club needs more of a change than someone else just taking over the day to day running of our club. We need the owner to order a massive change in strategic direction.

The Gorf
11-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Get tae **** Petrie. And take all your followers with you.

emerald green
11-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Heard it all before.

Unless the radical changes he's talking about are the complete removal of himself from the club and a change in ownership then i'm really not interested.

I said when Fenlon left and Butcher came in that nothing would really change at the club whilst we remained with the current leadership at the top of the club and so that's proved to be the case.

I didn't quite expect us to be in such a position within 6 months of that change taking place but yet another change in the dugout was never going to deliver success.

Another good post. Accurate and hits the nail on the head. :top marks

Waxy
11-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Radical changes? Hopefully we'll get a safe standing area. It's needed.

emerald green
11-05-2014, 11:54 AM

​Not far wrong probably.

David Murray has got a cheek slagging off anyone (even Petrie) if this is true. See the state he got Rangers into. Pot, kettle, black, comes to mind. :faf:

The Falcon
11-05-2014, 11:58 AM
But he seems to be on the way out.

Board of Trustees coming in.

Bostonhibby
11-05-2014, 12:02 PM

And that would be the same David Murray who caused the financial collapse of Rangers and MIM? He falls into the "not nearly as clever as he thinks he is category".

:agree: Not to mention the two sets of accounts and the dodgy dual contract arrangements. Murray laid the foundation for the collapse of the team formerly known as glasgow rangers, Petrie is many things but murray is a hypocrite if that's his view.

Petrie will leave us on a stronger financial footing than when he took over in those dark days. Shame about the footballing side in recent years. A real lack of investment there and absolutely no risks taken.

Time to go.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Heard it all before.

Not sure what he could do though, if he said nothing then he wohld have been given flak for that. Says something and despite the fact most of what he writes is correct he still gets flak.

Of course he has overseen the last 7 years that have seen us end up in this position so my sympathy is somewhat limited.

Col2
11-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Similar thoughts to other BUT trying to take away the anger and emotion......i am intrigued to understand what the radical changes lined up are which are about to be announced?

We MUST stay in Premiership or it all goes to pot.

--------
11-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Some years ago Lex Gold, the then chairman, promised that if the team was relegated to then Div One,m he would resign.

That's the only statement I want to hear from Petrie. His resignation. The fact that he's still around ER after all that's gone by in the last 5 years says it all. Hibs are the platform for his position in the SFA and SPFL hierarchies. Hibs exist to serve his interests. And we need to buy lots of STs to keep that going.

He needs to be emptied. He needs to be emptied now. He's well on the way to destroying our football club.

And he can take his last bunch of managerial appointments with him.

:taxi

big gogs
11-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Who will the board of trustees answer to,if this move comes to pass .if it's tom farmer nothing really changes,or is it a consortium that is always taking over but never does

Sir David Gray
11-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Heard it all before.

Not sure what he could do though, if he said nothing then he wohld have been given flak for that. Says something and despite the fact most of what he writes is correct he still gets flak.

Of course he has overseen the last 7 years that have seen us end up in this position so my sympathy is somewhat limited.

It's a sign that his time is at an end and his position is untenable.

When someone is slagged regardless of whether they say something or keep quiet, it's probably time to move on.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Petrie admits to 'dismal' Hibs season (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27363184)

Missed a couple of words out of that title "YET ANOTHER"

GTF ya patronising *******

HappyAsHellas
11-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Significant changes really hints at something major and I hope it's good news, as in changes at the top. The most important part is of course about us being there for the next two games. We have to be, and despite some of the understandable negativity on here I'm sure we will be.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2014, 01:38 PM

​Not far wrong probably.

Said financial mastermind that was Sir David Murray (did he get to keep his or get stripped like Fred?)

portycabbage
11-05-2014, 01:42 PM
I guess my point is that you can argue that while Butcher and the players currently at the squad are not the right ones to take us where we want to be - challenging at the top of the table (especially with the yams and sevco temporarily out of the picture) they certainly shouldn't be getting themselves relegated.

Put it this way - which of the other bottom six squads would you trade wholesale for ours if you looked at it on paper?
And bear in mind we - and that squad - had a six point lead going into the split.

To be clear I'm not defending the board and I'm not saying the players we have are good enough but if we'd emptied our whole squad out in January and brought in Archibald and the entire Partick Thistle squad the rage on this board would have melted the whole internet.

To me there's a difference between whether Butcher and those players are good enough for our club (success) and whether Butcher and those players should have achieved the basic level of competency to defend a 6 point lead against dross (failure).

I agree with you up to a point - the board would've thought at the start of the year, like most people, that our coaching and playing staff wouldn't be in this position in May.

But the board also should have (at least) been able to see the lack of goals in the team. While it might be that I wouldn't have swapped squads with another bottom 6 team at the start of January (given results were ok I think in December), we failed to get a goalscorer again in that window while the likes of Partick got Lyle Taylor etc. It might be the benefit of hindsight, but every other squad in the bottom 6 had a better second half of the season than us, which is probably partly down to our inability to get goalscorers as good as those any of our our competitors have. That IMO is one failure/lack of success that the board has had, not to detract from the fact that Butcher and the players have also failed/not succeeded.

Onceinawhile
11-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Petrie admits to 'dismal' Hibs season (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27363184)

Missed a couple of words out of that title "YET ANOTHER"

GTF ya patronising *******

Butcher has been unable to prevent hibs descent".

What??? He's f'ing caused it!!! How easy a ride does he get from the press? Not had his credentials questioned once that I've seen.

think fenlon was correct, it's probably because he's ex-rangers.

Nailrod
11-05-2014, 01:50 PM
I liked it.

Much better than the silence we moan about and think he got the tone about right in the circumstances.? Are you for real? You do know that Hibs are not a publicly quoted company on the New York Stock Exchange? That there wouldn't be a catastrophic collapse in the share price if the Chairman was to say something along the lines of "I apologise unreservedly for seven years of humiliating underachievement, and for the predicament we now find ourselves in. As the person in overall charge throughout this period, I hold myself substantially responsible..."

"I liked it... got the tone about right in the circumstances..."

FFS

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Another "Sorry, but the club needs your money" speech. :yawn:

Sumner
11-05-2014, 01:59 PM
My message to the Chairman

..... RIGHT OFF. GO JUST GO.
- GO, COMPLETELY OUT TACHE
YOU HAVE RUINED THE CLUB

Nailrod
11-05-2014, 02:02 PM
The only statement I sent to see from this failure of a man is that he has resigned from all positions and has sold his 10%.I could go along with that if he sells it for the same price he paid for it.

Nailrod
11-05-2014, 02:07 PM
:agree: The most important message was the need to stay behind the team for the play off fixtures... United we stand divided we fall. Yeah. Nobody would ever have thought of that if it hadn't been for the Chairman's unique insight.

J-C
11-05-2014, 02:08 PM
David Murray has got a cheek slagging off anyone (even Petrie) if this is true. See the state he got Rangers into. Pot, kettle, black, comes to mind. :faf:

Was only posting what a punter told me last night, I think he was talking about footballing terms rather than financial ones, it's well known Rod new very little about the game before he came to Hibs.

Bishop Hibee
11-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Petrie was decent in so far as he oversaw the redevelopment of ER and helped put East Mains in place.

Patchy re the football side of it and should have gone after our final v Shameless FC.

He should put his share of the club up for sale, naming the price he is looking for.

sesoim
11-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Some of us have been saying for years that Petrie should go. It's a pity we have to be in such a mess before the majority feel the same. Fact is, he is still at the club, he just wants other people to get the flak from now on, hence the last couple of paragraphs.

Keith_M
11-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Some years ago Lex Gold, the then chairman, promised that if the team was relegated to then Div One,m he would resign.

Lex Gold was a man of his word and he did just that. That was without any clamour for his head (I was disappointed to see him go, I thought he was good for the club).

As for Petrie's statement, it tells us absolutely nothing we don't already know. Meaningless claptrap from a guy that feels he has to be seen to be saying/doing something.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Petrie was decent in so far as he oversaw the redevelopment of ER and helped put East Mains in place.

Patchy re the football side of it and should have gone after our final v Shameless FC.

He should put his share of the club up for sale, naming the price he is looking for.

Is this a job only he could do, i ask because it seems this is given as some kind of badge of honor for him?

GreenLake
11-05-2014, 02:26 PM

She probably still has McCall's cell number and could send a text if Butcher's position becomes untenable.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 02:33 PM
She probably still has McCall's cell number and could send a text if Butcher's position becomes untenable.

McCall was in prison. :greengrin

Onion
11-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Similar thoughts to other BUT trying to take away the anger and emotion......i am intrigued to understand what the radical changes lined up are which are about to be announced?

We MUST stay in Premiership or it all goes to pot.

Statement lacks the necessary passion, emotion and substance. He's had plenty of time to draft it and could have issued it any time within the last 4 or 5 weeks irrespective of our final league position.

If we get relegated the word "dismal" can be replaced with "disastrous". Also do not trust this dangling carrot of radical changes over the summer. What Petrie regards as radical might be just tinkering with the admin and shuffling the chairs around. We need details, a master plan and an implementation strategy with timescales.

Kaiser1962
11-05-2014, 02:39 PM

Might be seen as a bit pedantic but Rod does not own any shares in the football club.

Sumner
11-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Statement lacks the necessary passion, emotion and substance..

.. just like the Chairman

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Lex Gold was a man of his word and he did just that. That was without any clamour for his head (I was disappointed to see him go, I thought he was good for the club).

As for Petrie's statement, it tells us absolutely nothing we don't already know. Meaningless claptrap from a guy that feels he has to be seen to be saying/doing something.Whereas Petrie is the man with nae shame so he's still here and still blaming everybody/anybody/anything else. Anybody with any good grace and dignity would have walked efter a monumental blunder like his with colin deadwood but no that ****, he just lets others carry the can for his mistakes.

GreenLake
11-05-2014, 02:44 PM
McCall was in prison. :greengrin
:faf:

Onion
11-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Some of us have been saying for years that Petrie should go. It's a pity we have to be in such a mess before the majority feel the same. Fact is, he is still at the club, he just wants other people to get the flak from now on, hence the last couple of paragraphs.

Petrie has seen the writing on the wall for weeks with this squad/management team, and sounds like a rat about to jump from the sinking ship. Butcher/Petrie = no confidence they can keep us up.

IMO Hibs should try everything they can to get Leanne into the office early this week (not in 3 weeks time), so she can help keep us up. The scale/scope of her job changes massively whether we stay up or get relegated. Petrie out, Dempster in.

The Green Goblin
11-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Key points for me:

"Saturday's match against Kilmarnock was like our whole season in one match - commitment and energy from the players to put ourselves in a good position, but without a result. The team was driven on by passionate supporters who want the best for their team and the best for their club. The Club thanks you for playing your part."

I don`t completely agree with the first statement. I thought that the team showed a little more of the kind of creative, attacking play and desire to win in the first 30 minutes which the fans have been looking for since the start of the season. So, actually, I would argue that we were better, at least at the start of the game for a brief period. Had that effort and hunger and commitment been replicated in some of our other games, we might not be in this position. Why was it not?

"The league campaign is over. 11th in the table is a dismal outcome - well below what the Club expects and well below the capabilities of the management team and the players. We are sorry not to have achieved better results in 2014.

Then why has this happened? What is the thinking at the top of the club as to why we find ourselves in this position? Have they reassessed how things have led to this and come to any conclusions? Have they looked at the consistent failure of the last few years and tried to identify why we are steadily heading downwards? Has there been an honest and objective look at the club`s signing policy or way the wage budget is used? That might offer a crumb of reassurance that they also may have ideas as to what might fix it. Also, what exactly does the Club "expect" and why has the outcome been "well below the capabilities of the management team"? What factors have caused that? What exactly are the criteria for success in a given season at HFC? Survival? Top 6? Top 3? A cup? And as for " we are sorry not to have achieved better results in 2014" - well, my goodness, is it only in that time that we have been so poor? Perhaps it should have more accurately read "we are sorry not to have achieved better results since around 2007".

"In ten days we have a play-off to win over two legs. The players and the Manager need your support to make sure we take care of business on the field and finally put this season behind us."

The fans have supported the team all season (and in the last few years too) in spite of the abject failure of the team. They have done it again and again and again and been rewarded with capitulation after capitulation and "dismal" team performances and so few wins I can`t even remember them. And yet a large core of fans have still gone to the games regardless. Now, it seems "the players and manager need your support". History suggests that a passionate support will not make any difference to the result of this Hibs team. I also wonder what makes RP think that this team will "take care of business on the field" in the play-offs, given that we have won a single game in our last 20 and seem completely incapable of scoring.

"Looking ahead, 2014 will be a year of change for Hibernian. It has already been announced that Leeann Dempster is joining us as Chief Executive. That means day to day responsibility for running of the Club will pass to Leeann - a change which has been universally welcomed by Hibernian supporters.

It certainly will be a "year of change" at this rate; a change of league to play in. Given our downwards trajectory of the last four years, how exactly is this not a surprise? As for the "change" which has been "universally welcomed by Hibs supporters" - it has come much too late. Years too late. Now we are expected to breathe a sigh of relief that it has come even as we stare disaster in the face.

"There are other changes in the pipeline too which will see further radical change at your Club both in the way that it organises itself and in the way in which it engages with the Hibernian Family and the wider community. Leeann will need your support to implement change.

Too little, too late. I desperately hope not, but it may shortly turn out to be much too late. The constant appeal for support in statements like this is something that really angers me. Have the fans not supported the club through an awful few years? Is there something which suggests that Leeann won`t get the fans` support? This should have said "The Club acknowledges that the fans have stuck by it in spite of some very poor recent seasons. We recognise how invaluable this has been and are grateful for it".

"I have to ask for your patience and for your support for the team both on and off the pitch. We have to keep the focus of our attention on the team and on the sporting result we need. As we move through the summer and into the start of next season the wind of change will blow through the Club to enrich and reinvigorate it for the benefit of every Hibernian supporter.

Another appeal for "support", as if this is something the club doesn`t ever get except on special occasions or something. Asking for "patience" is unreasonable in view of what the fans have endured in recent years. The "we have to keep the focus of our attention on the team" part though, is breathtaking, the ironic icing on the cake, given the state of the team over the last few years, if only they had done the same - although that irony is probably lost on the people who wrote it. The "wind of change" and using words like "enrich" and reinvigorate" is meaningless, even slightly patronising and insulting rhetoric. Too little, too late. The damage has already been done. The crisis has been coming for years, yet it is only now that it is upon us that there is an announcement that someone`s going to try and do anything about it. Not good enough for me.

weonlywon6-2
11-05-2014, 03:02 PM

​Not far wrong probably.

From the david murray who broke rangers and is being investigated for financial wrong doing ,what a lot of rubbish

ekhibee
11-05-2014, 03:07 PM
This place had been full of "Petrie GTF" and, reading between the lines, this statement is saying that that's what's happening. As ever, details won't be given until there's something definite to say. He also asks us to stick with the team for the playoffs. I honestly don't see the problem with this statement.
Totally agree Peevemor, but now you're an apologist (the new word for happy clapper on this board) for daring to say that.

Onion
11-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Key points for me:

"Saturday's match against Kilmarnock was like our whole season in one match - commitment and energy from the players to put ourselves in a good position, but without a result. The team was driven on by passionate supporters who want the best for their team and the best for their club. The Club thanks you for playing your part."

I don`t completely agree with the first statement. I thought that the team showed a little more of the kind of creative, attacking play and desire to win in the first 30 minutes which the fans have been looking for since the start of the season. So, actually, I would argue that we were better, at least at the start of the game for a brief period. Had that effort and hunger and commitment been replicated in some of our other games, we might not be in this position. Why was it not?

"The league campaign is over. 11th in the table is a dismal outcome - well below what the Club expects and well below the capabilities of the management team and the players. We are sorry not to have achieved better results in 2014.

Then why has this happened? What is the thinking at the top of the club as to why we find ourselves in this position? Have they reassessed how things have led to this and come to any conclusions? Have they looked at the consistent failure of the last few years and tried to identify why we are steadily heading downwards? Has there been an honest and objective look at the club`s signing policy or way the wage budget is used? That might offer a crumb of reassurance that they also may have ideas as to what might fix it. Also, what exactly does the Club "expect" and why has the outcome been "well below the capabilities of the management team"? What factors have caused that? What exactly are the criteria for success in a given season at HFC? Survival? Top 6? Top 3? A cup? And as for " we are sorry not to have achieved better results in 2014" - well, my goodness, is it only in that time that we have been so poor? Perhaps it should have more accurately read "we are sorry not to have achieved better results since around 2007".

"In ten days we have a play-off to win over two legs. The players and the Manager need your support to make sure we take care of business on the field and finally put this season behind us."

The fans have supported the team all season (and in the last few years too) in spite of the abject failure of the team. They have done it again and again and again and been rewarded with capitulation after capitulation and "dismal" team performances and so few wins I can`t even remember them. And yet a large core of fans have still gone to the games regardless. Now, it seems "the players and manager need your support". History suggests that a passionate support will not make any difference to the result of this Hibs team. I also wonder what makes RP think that this team will "take care of business on the field" in the play-offs, given that we have won a single game in our last 20 and seem completely incapable of scoring.

It certainly will be a "year of change" at this rate; a change of league to play in. Given our downwards trajectory of the last four years, how exactly is this not a surprise? As for the "change" which has been "universally welcomed by Hibs supporters" - it has come much too late. Years too late. Now we are expected to breathe a sigh of relief that it has come even as we stare disaster in the face.

"There are other changes in the pipeline too which will see further radical change at your Club both in the way that it organises itself and in the way in which it engages with the Hibernian Family and the wider community. Leeann will need your support to implement change.

Too little, too late. I desperately hope not, but it may shortly turn out to be much too late. The constant appeal for support in statements like this is something that really angers me. Have the fans not supported the club through an awful few years? Is there something which suggests that Leeann won`t get the fans` support? This should have said "The Club acknowledges that the fans have stuck by it in spite of some very poor recent seasons. We recognise how invaluable this has been and are grateful for it".

"I have to ask for your patience and for your support for the team both on and off the pitch. We have to keep the focus of our attention on the team and on the sporting result we need. As we move through the summer and into the start of next season the wind of change will blow through the Club to enrich and reinvigorate it for the benefit of every Hibernian supporter.

Another appeal for "support", as if this is something the club doesn`t ever get except on special occasions or something. Asking for "patience" is unreasonable in view of what the fans have endured in recent years. The "we have to keep the focus of our attention on the team" part though, is breathtaking, the ironic icing on the cake, given the state of the team over the last few years, if only they had done the same - although that irony is probably lost on the people who wrote it. The "wind of change" and using words like "enrich" and reinvigorate" is meaningless, even slightly patronising and insulting rhetoric. Too little, too late. The damage has already been done. The crisis has been coming for years, yet it is only now that it is upon us that there is an announcement that someone`s going to try and do anything about it. Not good enough for me.

Can't argue with that analysis. Patronising, insulting and out of touch. We deserve so much better.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 03:32 PM

Unbelievably though, there are still guys out there backing Petrie?:rolleyes:

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Totally agree Peevemor, but now you're an apologist (the new word for happy clapper on this board) for daring to say that.

I simply can't be bothered with people that moan for the sake of moaning, although I'm regularly classed as being torn-faced because I moan at people who do this. :greengrin:

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 03:58 PM
I simply can't be bothered with people that moan for the sake of moaning, although I'm regularly classed as being torn-faced because I moan at people who do this. :greengrin:

It's not on the back of 1 dismal season though is it, and the point in him asking for us to be patient is enfuriating, the man has absolultely no idea what OUR club means to us all.....

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Key points for me:

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

If Carlsberg did posts on Hibs.net

Captain Trips
11-05-2014, 04:14 PM
It's not on the back of 1 dismal season though is it, and the point in him asking for us to be patient is enfuriating, the man has absolultely no idea what OUR club means to us all.....

If Rod Petrie was outside my house with any sort of message I would shut window and close curtains.

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 04:36 PM

I don't think that's the case.

He'd have been slated had he not made any statement.

People want change. Change is coming (albeit to late).

It turns out that yesterday wasn't our biggest game in years - the next two are as this time there's no second chance. What I take from the statement is that regardless of the animosity that many have toward him and the board, these issues are being addressed and we have to stand by the team - that's all that counts over the next couple of weeks.

Does that merit hundreds of posts of angry reaction?

I don't see it myself.

DaveF
11-05-2014, 04:46 PM

It turns out that yesterday wasn't our biggest game in years - the next two are as this time there's no second chance. What I take from the statement is that regardless of the animosity that many have toward him and the board, these issues are being addressed and we have to stand by the team - that's all that counts over the next couple of weeks.

I don't see it myself.

I'm afraid it does. We have had his appeals for patience and support before. We had a good look at ourselves after the cup final and yet we have continued to slide.

Sorry Rod, but GTF.

greenpaper55
11-05-2014, 04:47 PM

I don't see it myself.

Yes.

emerald green
11-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Was only posting what a punter told me last night, I think he was talking about footballing terms rather than financial ones, it's well known Rod new very little about the game before he came to Hibs.

Sure mate. I wasn't having a go at you. Rod knew eff all about the game before he came to Hibs. The same could be said about Sir David Murray. He was a rugby man in his youth I think before his awful car accident.

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 04:58 PM
I'm afraid it does. We have had his appeals for patience and support before. We had a good look at ourselves after the cup final and yet we have continued to slide.

Sorry Rod, but GTF.

And that's what is effectively going to happen, but even it was tomorrow it'll change nothing for the play offs.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 05:00 PM

I don't see it myself.

You don't think RP has continually treated the fans with contempt and arrogance? You only had to hear his opening speech at last year's AGM, to realise he was completely out of touch with the fans.....

4 seasons of turgidity and we have no be patient......Sorry RP just GTF

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 05:09 PM
And that's what is effectively going to happen, but even it was tomorrow it'll change nothing for the play offs.

We are well aware nothing will change prior to play-offs.....We only hear from our chairman when things are bad, remember the 5-1 statement, not being rolled over etc......Still the message remains intact, keep giving us your money, and will will continue to rip the total pi$$ from you.....

Borderhibbie76
11-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Same s### different crisis Rodders...just GTF now. Ur hibs career is now untenable in any capacity

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
11-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Oh, **** off Petrie, you useless bore.

The Falcon
11-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Who will the board of trustees answer to,if this move comes to pass .if it's tom farmer nothing really changes,or is it a consortium that is always taking over but never does

I would guess that the club being run by trustees would be more limited financially than we are now. I doubt, guessing again, that STF or RP will have anything to do with it once its set up, which is the result some people want. STF has saved the club and rebuilt the infrastructure with the club on a secure business (not football you notice) footing and can ride into the sunset leaving us to get on with it, his job done.

I would add that all this is guesswork.

hibs4thecup1988
11-05-2014, 05:28 PM
So he isn't to blame then? Well done Roderick. Now come May 26th do us all a favour and do one.

Gatecrasher
11-05-2014, 05:29 PM
I have to admit given the circumstances it's a pretty weak statement.

Stonewall
11-05-2014, 06:25 PM

​Not far wrong probably.

Petrie might be a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. Maybe Murray's view is influenced by the fact that he won't just roll over and let Murray walk all over him.

Is this the David Murray who's judgement of character is so sound that he thought Craig Whyte a suitable person to sell Rangers to?

J-C
11-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Petrie might be a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. Maybe Murray's view is influenced by the fact that he won't just roll over and let Murray walk all over him.

Is this the David Murray who's judgement of character is so sound that he thought Craig Whyte a suitable person to sell Rangers to?

Jesus christ how many times do I have to point out that it was a "punter " in my cab that said this and not me, I was just sharing, I never once said I agreed with it, give me strength :confused:

FWIW I think Murray was a tube and wasted millions pandering to them out west, maybe Petrie is a shrewd businessman but in the same breathe he's totally crap at running a successful football club.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Jesus christ how many times do I have to point out that it was a "punter " in my cab that said this and not me, I was just sharing, I never once said I agreed with it, give me strength :confused:

FWIW I think Murray was a tube and wasted millions pandering to them out west, maybe Petrie is a shrewd businessman but in the same breathe he's totally crap at running a successful football club.

Funny how it's went though since you posted it.

J-C
11-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Funny how it's went though since you posted it.

I posted it because the chairman, his comments etc are being discussed, I was curious if anyone else may have heard the same, he's not exactly shone here since Mowbray left has he.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2014, 07:00 PM
I posted it because the chairman, his comments etc are being discussed, I was curious if anyone else may have heard the same, he's not exactly shone here since Mowbray left has he.

It read like you posted it to beat Petrie then everyone ridiculed it (I know you never said it).

Quite funny.

Mibbes Aye
11-05-2014, 07:09 PM

In fairness, you did say "Not far wrong probably".

It's funny how so much of the negative stuff about Petrie is reported as coming from people who have tried to take something from Hibs - agents, Murray etc. Whether it's our players or our money they're looking for, he seems to piss them off.

Good work in my book :agree:

Gerard
11-05-2014, 07:38 PM

It's funny how so much of the negative stuff about Petrie is reported as coming from people who have tried to take something from Hibs - agents, Murray etc. Whether it's our players or our money they're looking for, he seems to piss them off.

I can see great changes happening at Hibs in the near future because there is a need to change many things at Hibs. The first change is a full time CEO dedicated 100% to Hibs and with no distractions. Giving the Head Coach a chance to bring in his players and develop them. The continuing opportunity for Hibs fans to play a part in the club through 'Working together'.
This club needs the 'Hibs Family' to attend the play off games and do all that is possible to stay in the SPL. Being relegated is a financial disaster and one ust be avoided. Once the club is assured of being in the SPL then that is the time to enquire why Hibs have been so poor on the field and then to find out the people who are responsible for this situation: some of them might not be at Hibs by this time. On a personal note please stay up as I have too many Yams that I know who are enjoying this situation:wink:.

mca
11-05-2014, 07:56 PM
The Wind(s) - of - Change.. :dunno:

Gerard
11-05-2014, 08:04 PM
The Wind(s) - of - Change.. :dunno:

Just my way of saying that things will change at our club. RP stepping down as CEO is such a change being replaced by a CEO who spends 100% on Hibs business with no distractions. I am sure that there will be many more changes at the club taking place soon.

J-C
11-05-2014, 08:34 PM
It read like you posted it to beat Petrie then everyone ridiculed it (I know you never said it).

Quite funny.

I think the fact that I said a punter in the taxi said it, would've been enough to realize it wasn't my view point.

TBH he's obviously a clever bloke but over this past 5-6 years he hasn't covered himself in glory, too many bad choices of managers, missing out on transfer targets and overly long contracts for players who should be nowhere near ER ( Nelson, 2yrs, Collins 3yrs, etc )

J-C
11-05-2014, 08:38 PM

Not far wrong was meant because I think he's made a right pig's ear of running this club in the past few years, not financially but the overseeing of appointments of players and managers.

Diclonius
11-05-2014, 08:46 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/90f/6ea/742/resized/cool-story-bro-meme-generator-cool-story-rod-46d089.jpg

Mibbes Aye
11-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Not far wrong was meant because I think he's made a right pig's ear of running this club in the past few years, not financially but the overseeing of appointments of players and managers.

Nah, that doesn't make sense. You were posting about him being stupid and using David Murray to validate it. Except that doesn't stand up.

If you're now claiming it's about players and managers that doesn't stand up either. He backed his managers to bring in the players they wanted, from paying a transfer fee for Riordan to paying a transfer fee for Collins. His choice of managers doesn't really stand up as a point for criticising - they were all popular enough on here and there was enough muckspreading that he wouldn't splash the cash for Butcher and then that he wouldn't splash the cash for Marsella - but he did. I think it's fairer to criticise him about when the managers left though. I think one could argue that Mixu could have been given longer and Calderwood should have been cut loose earlier. At the same time, when we got to that summer with CC, we had gone through a process of losing managers far too quickly and I can understand why there might have been a desire not to be too hasty. Wrong decision maybe, but probably with good intentions.......

fat freddy
11-05-2014, 09:03 PM
In ten days we play the most important matches in recent history. Now is not the time to slaughter anyone with anything to do with the club. The players, management, fans and board need to unite and fight this one last battle. There will be plenty of time for bloodletting in the summer. There is nothing to be gained by further diminishing the club employees morale with character assasinations and downright insults in this, our darkest hour. I can see no further than the play offs just now and it saddens me to see the supporters ripping into the club when it's on it's knees. If ever there was a time to support the club, it is now.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 09:06 PM
In ten days we play the most important matches in recent history. Now is not the time to slaughter anyone with anything to do with the club. The players, management, fans and board need to unite and fight this one last battle. There will be plenty of time for bloodletting in the summer. There is nothing to be gained by further diminishing the club employees morale with character assasinations and downright insults in this, our darkest hour. I can see no further than the play offs just now and it saddens me to see the supporters ripping into the club when it's on it's knees. If ever there was a time to support the club, it is now.

Whose fault is it that the Club finds itself on it's knees? Certainly not the fans.......

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't think it was the board who instigated Mixu's mutual consenting".

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 09:07 PM
In ten days we play the most important matches in recent history. Now is not the time to slaughter anyone with anything to do with the club. The players, management, fans and board need to unite and fight this one last battle. There will be plenty of time for bloodletting in the summer. There is nothing to be gained by further diminishing the club employees morale with character assasinations and downright insults in this, our darkest hour. I can see no further than the play offs just now and it saddens me to see the supporters ripping into the club when it's on it's knees. If ever there was a time to support the club, it is now.Don't you mean ripping in tae the person that's brought it tae it's knees, no the same thing IMO.

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 09:07 PM

Spot on!

marinello59
11-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Whose fault is it that the Club finds itself on it's knees? Certainly not the fans.......

He's not really blaming the fans though. I have a lot of sympathy with the view that we should all hold back on the blame game until after the playoffs. No matter what happens though, it will be no holds barred.

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 09:09 PM

Erm, I think you maybe missed the point of the post...

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 09:10 PM
He's not really blaming the fans though. I have a lot of sympathy with the view that we should all hold back on the blame game until after the playoffs. No matter what happens though, it will be no holds barred.

This.

Mibbes Aye
11-05-2014, 09:10 PM
I don't think it was the board who instigated Mixu's mutual consenting".

Onion
11-05-2014, 09:16 PM

Understand your point, but after the POs if we're still in the Prem, everyone including Petrie will just go on holiday. No matches, the World Cup distraction, Leeann settling in.... you can see Petrie just going to ground hoping this all blows over. We'll all start speculating about players coming/going, blah blah and the focus will move on from Petrie.

Peevemor
11-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Understand your point, but after the POs if we're still in the Prem, everyone including Petrie will just go on holiday. No matches, the World Cup distraction, Leeann settling in.... you can see Petrie just going to ground hoping this all blows over. We'll all start speculating about players coming/going, blah blah and the focus will move on from Petrie.

But what would that matter if he's handed the reins to someone else.?

J-C
11-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Nah, that doesn't make sense. You were posting about him being stupid and using David Murray to validate it. Except that doesn't stand up.

If you're now claiming it's about players and managers that doesn't stand up either. He backed his managers to bring in the players they wanted, from paying a transfer fee for Riordan to paying a transfer fee for Collins. His choice of managers doesn't really stand up as a point for criticising - they were all popular enough on here and there was enough muckspreading that he wouldn't splash the cash for Butcher and then that he wouldn't splash the cash for Marsella - but he did. I think it's fairer to criticise him about when the managers left though. I think one could argue that Mixu could have been given longer and Calderwood should have been cut loose earlier. At the same time, when we got to that summer with CC, we had gone through a process of losing managers far too quickly and I can understand why there might have been a desire not to be too hasty. Wrong decision maybe, but probably with good intentions.......

I didn't use Murray FFS I was told this by someone in the back of my cab :confused: I did say he may be not far wrong because I feel he's made a **** up of running this club since Mowbray left, being very clever with money doesn't make you clever as a football chairman.

He may have backed his managers yes but choosing the wrong managers and allowing them to bring some of the worst players I've seen at ER for many a year also shows me he doesn't know football and should be nowhere near running our club, The only job Petrie should really have had at ER was as a financial director, looking after the pennies, footballing matters should've been given to someone knowing what they were doing.

Collins left due to monies not being given for targets, which left us with scraping around for players( if the rumors are true)
Mixu was right manager, wrong time
Hughes wrong manager anytime, too many hearts over heads there
Calderwood was allowed to treat Hibs like a part time job and Rod never took the compensation offer, very poor
Fenlon, never heard of him before, came from a league equivalent to our div 2
Butcher was popular but look at his record and there's only 1 decent season in all those years of management, not my choice at the time BTW, not a fan.

So maybe yes he's a clever guy at balancing the books but a shambles when it comes to running a club and making decisions.

Dalianwanda
11-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Great post, lets look at things once we have some facts about league position...till then lets just be positive...nothing else helps at this point in time

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 09:24 PM
But what would that matter if he's handed the reins to someone else.?Well that's if you believe he'll keep his oar out and too many people dinnae. He needs tae remove himself altogether.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Erm, I think you maybe missed the point of the post...

Erm, not really.....We have supported the Club through thin and thinner. This isn't just about this season, it's a combination.....Every time we support in big numbers we get booted in the danglies.....Time for the fans to stop fannying around just because we are in this mire.....We SHOULDNT be in the situation we are......4 CONSECUTIVE SEASONS OF UTTER DROSS!!!!!!!!!

For the record I will be lending my support to the team, just think the protests and mud slinging will occur regardless.....

IWasThere2016
11-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Key points for me:

:top marks

Stale statement from a stale 'leader'. Driven thousands away, and if we go down it could take years for many to return.

Mibbes Aye
11-05-2014, 09:47 PM
I didn't use Murray FFS I was told this by someone in the back of my cab :confused: I did say he may be not far wrong because I feel he's made a **** up of running this club since Mowbray left, being very clever with money doesn't make you clever as a football chairman.

He may have backed his managers yes but choosing the wrong managers and allowing them to bring some of the worst players I've seen at ER for many a year also shows me he doesn't know football and should be nowhere near running our club, The only job Petrie should really have had at ER was as a financial director, looking after the pennies, footballing matters should've been given to someone knowing what they were doing.

Collins left due to monies not being given for targets, which left us with scraping around for players( if the rumors are true)
Mixu was right manager, wrong time
Hughes wrong manager anytime, too many hearts over heads there
Calderwood was allowed to treat Hibs like a part time job and Rod never took the compensation offer, very poor
Fenlon, never heard of him before, came from a league equivalent to our div 2
Butcher was popular but look at his record and there's only 1 decent season in all those years of management, not my choice at the time BTW, not a fan.

So maybe yes he's a clever guy at balancing the books but a shambles when it comes to running a club and making decisions.

His side of things is to get the club as watertight as possible and maximise what's available for the player budget.

On his watch, just going from five years ago, we've brought in the likes of Derek Riordan, Liam Miller, Sol Bamba, Anthony Stokes and Leigh Griffiths to the club. Been some donkeys as well, but that's true of any club - even your Man Citys and Chelseas have their disappointments.

You post about why Collins left, saying it was because of money then say it's just a rumour :greengrin That's not exactly credible is it? JC had the money to offer AOB a contract, which maybe calls into question his ability to target, but the point is that he had a budget and he knew what that budget was. He might have wanted something more than he could afford but the point was and is that he didn't have that luxury.

All your comments about the managerial appointments are blessed with hindsight. I welcome you digging up your old posts from the time when you made those comments about each of them at the time of their appointment. And even if you did, it doesn't negate the point that the appointments themselves were valid.

You seem to criticise Hughes particularly. Yet at the time the consensus was that he was an up-and-coming manager, with a team punching above their weight and playing very nice football. It's easy to insult Hughes but he was passionate about Hibs and that, in addition to what he was doing with Falkirk made him a compelling candidate.

To be honest, the club have never appointed a manager I was looking for - Mowbray is probably the best example of a WTF appointment :greengrin - but I can see the merit in all of the decisions that have been made, at the time they were made. The consequences of those decisions are a different story and not solely in the control of the club.

Sorry, but your argument doesn't stand up for me.

R11Loaded
11-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Everything Rod Petrie says these days annoys me, because after 8 years of a five year plan I've had enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
11-05-2014, 11:16 PM
From the david murray who broke rangers and is being investigated for financial wrong doing ,what a lot of rubbish

The man's opinion is worthless.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2014, 06:17 AM
Everything Rod Petrie says these days annoys me, because after 8 years of a five year plan I've had enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree: Its got to the stage where i don't believe a word he utters.

Stonewall
12-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Well that's if you believe he'll keep his oar out and too many people dinnae. He needs tae remove himself altogether.

We'll see. If he doesn't keep his "oar out" I would like to bet that Leeann will be gone within 6 months and what remains of Petrie's credibility with the support will be shredded.

I think he's got his sites on higher things and he'll let Leeann get on with running the show. It's not in anybody's interests to do otherwise.

bawheid
12-05-2014, 06:47 AM
:agree: Its got to the stage where i don't believe a word he utters.

And this is the problem we have. We can argue until the cows come home about how much blame Petrie should take (a lot IMO). However he's now a toxic brand to about 80-90% of Hibs supporters. If he remains at the club following the summer he'll continue to do damage just by his very presence.

marinello59
12-05-2014, 06:56 AM
And this is the problem we have. We can argue until the cows come home about how much blame Petrie should take (a lot IMO). However he's now a toxic brand to about 80-90% of Hibs supporters. If he remains at the club following the summer he'll continue to do damage just by his very presence.

Onion
12-05-2014, 07:17 AM

:agree: A decisive figure, when the club is crying out for unity.

Pretty Boy
12-05-2014, 07:25 AM

Spot on.

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Well that's if you believe he'll keep his oar out and too many people dinnae. He needs tae remove himself altogether.As I've already pointed out, you would have to be a complete bloody fool to imagine he's going to 'keep his oar out'.

Christ on a bike, the effing 'Chairman's Statement' spells it out in words that even an infant should be able to understand:

It has already been announced that Leeann Dempster is joining us as Chief Exectutive. That means day to day responsibility for running the club will pass to Leann... Day to day responsibility. In other words, not overall control. Which will stay exactly where it is right now. Where all the problems are.

The simple fact is that we don't have a team on the park that has humiliated us more times than I care to remember over the past seven years and made us the laughing stock of Scottish football because of problems with the 'day to day running of the club'. It has happened because we are cursed with a moronic backside orifice in overall charge of things who does not have a shred of ambition or vision, and who does not have a trace of ability to find creative solutions to longstanding problems or take calculated risks and make them work. We have a man in charge to whom the words 'strategy for success' would look like a meaningless jumble of scrabble letters. And none of that is going to change.

His whole friggin robotspeak technocrat babblestatement screams that out in words that anybody whose head isn't composed entirely of skull ought to be able to understand just by reading it.

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 07:37 AM
We'll see. If he doesn't keep his "oar out" I would like to bet that Leeann will be gone within 6 months and what remains of Petrie's credibility with the support will be shredded... I think he's got his sights on higher things and he'll let Leeann get on with running the show. It's not in anybody's interests to do otherwise.Then in that case a simple question begs to be answered:

Why does he need to be involved in any way at all with the future running of the club?

As somebody has already pointed out, he is already irretrievably soiled goods to many supporters (me, for example). I'm not going to waste a penny more of my money on Hibs as long as he is anywhere near the club.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Then in that case a simple question begs to be answered:

Why does he need to be involved in any way at all with the future running of the club?

As somebody has already pointed out, he is already irretrievably soiled goods to many supporters (me, for example). I'm not going to waste a penny more of my money on Hibs as long as he is anywhere near the club.

Firstly, there'll be a period of transition between Petrie and Dempster. Dropping her in at the deep end would be madness.

Secondly, he needs a ticket (club) to continue to climb the administrative ladder. I personally will be happy to see a Hibs presence on the upper rungs.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 07:47 AM
As I've already pointed out, you would have to be a complete bloody fool to imagine he's going to 'keep his oar out'.

Christ on a bike, the effing 'Chairman's Statement' spells it out in words that even an infant should be able to understand:

Day to day responsibility. In other words, not overall control. Which will stay exactly where it is right now. Where all the problems are.

No employee of a business ever has overall control. RP doesn't have overall control.

Weir7
12-05-2014, 07:47 AM

Great post.

Wind off change. ........ talk is cheap. ..... you got your 10% shareholding for free if Tom Farmer. Give these shares to a Hibs Fans Trust and away and join your SFA blazer boys full time.

Saorsa
12-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Firstly, there'll be a period of transition between Petrie and Dempster. Dropping her in at the deep end would be madness.

Secondly, he needs a ticket (club) to continue to climb the administrative ladder. I personally will be happy to see a Hibs presence on the upper rungs.Aye well that all he's bothered about, self interest. He's at the SFA now, does he say anything about us continually being robbed by that ******* thomson? Does he ****, not a ****in' word from this club because he's mair interested in himself than using his position tae dae anything tae help Hibs that might rock the boat and that might halt his progress up that ladder. So he'll remain at Hibs tae serve his ain interest and continue tae drive a wedge between the club and it's supporters.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Aye well that all he's bothered about, self interest. He's at the SFA now, does he say anything about us continually being robbed by that ******* thomson? Does he ****, not a ****in' word from this club because he's mair interested in himself than using his position tae dae anything tae help Hibs that might rock the boat and that might halt his progress up that ladder.

OK, so we'll stick with the likes of Campbell Ogilvie (current SFA President) who's been involved, hands-on, in not one but two of the biggest frauds in Scottish football history.

Saorsa
12-05-2014, 08:04 AM
OK, so we'll stick with the likes of Campbell Ogilvie (current SFA President)n who's been involved, hands-on, in not one but two of the biggest frauds in Scottish football history.I dinnae care who we're stuck with at the SFA because they're all a bunch of self interested gravy train riding shysters and Petrie isnae short in the self interest stakes either and his presence there now does us nae good. I care who we're stuck with at this club and the damage his presence is doing here.

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Firstly, there'll be a period of transition between Petrie and Dempster. Firstly, that is not what we have been told is happening. Petrie will remain as Chairman, and as such he will remain in overall charge.

Dropping her in at the deep end would be madness. I understand you have an almost religious devotion to Petrie. But this is just rubbish masquerading as rationale. Hibs have about fifty employees and a turnover of about £7 million. As an organisation, this barely even scrapes in at the small end of 'SME'. All football clubs at a similar level are structured in pretty much the same way, and all the people who work for them do the same things (apart from Hibs players, of course, who never win any games). Dempster has been running Motherwell - successfully - for six years. Petrie has been making a pig's ear of Hibs for the last seven.

But I'll give you fair crack of the whip. Make a list - a specific list, not some vague guff - of exactly what this 'deep end' contains. All the things you think Dempster won't be able to do unless Petrie holds her hand and explains to her how to do it. See how long you can make it.

Secondly, he needs a ticket (club) to continue to climb the administrative ladder. I personally will be happy to see a Hibs presence on the upper rungs.Yeah. Me too. I can't wait for this 'Hibs presence in the upper rungs' to bring to the wider realms of Scottish football all the trappings of success that we've enjoyed for the last seven years .

matty_f
12-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Firstly, that is not what we have been told is happening. Petrie will remain as Chairman, and as such he will remain in overall charge.
I understand you have an almost religious devotion to Petrie. But this is just rubbish masquerading as rationale. Hibs have about fifty employees and a turnover of about £7 million. As an organisation, this barely even scrapes in at the small end of 'SME'. All football clubs at a similar level are structured in pretty much the same way, and all the people who work for them do the same things (apart from Hibs players, of course, who never win any games). Dempster has been running Motherwell - successfully - for six years. Petrie has been making a pig's ear of Hibs for the last seven.

But I'll give you fair crack of the whip. Make a list - a specific list, not some vague guff - of exactly what this 'deep end' contains. All the things you think Dempster won't be able to do unless Petrie holds her hand and explains to her how to do it. See how long you can make it.
Yeah. Me too. I can't wait for this 'Hibs presence in the upper rungs' to bring to the wider realms of Scottish football all the trappings of success that we've enjoyed for the last seven years .

Do you know that you might make some good points there, but the fact you wrap it up in such condescending tones means a lot of that content just gets lost. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to show some respect for other's views when you're posting?

number 27
12-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Do you know that you might make some good points there, but the fact you wrap it up in such condescending tones means a lot of that content just gets lost. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to show some respect for other's views when you're posting?

Ho Ho Ho, remember "bedwetters" "drama Queens" "anti-Hibs" "man up ffs" "grow a pair". It seems that respect only has to be shown now because you lost the argument.

matty_f
12-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Ho Ho Ho, remember "bedwetters" "drama Queens" "anti-Hibs" "man up ffs" "grow a pair". It seems that respect only has to be shown now because you lost the argument.

I'm not in this argument.

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Ho Ho Ho, remember "bedwetters" "drama Queens" "anti-Hibs" "man up ffs" "grow a pair". It seems that respect only has to be shown now because you lost the argument.Actually, mattyf is right. And it's not as if I'm ever going to bring Peevemore round to my way of thinking.

matty_f
12-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Actually, mattyf is right. And it's not as if I'm ever going to bring Peevemore round to my way of thinking.

And in any case, it's unlikely that I'll have someone miss a good point I'm making because of my condescending tone, because I would first of all have to have a good point to make.:greengrin

marinello59
12-05-2014, 09:09 AM
And in any case, it's unlikely that I'll have someone miss a good point I'm making because of my condescending tone, because I would first of all have to have a good point to make.:greengrin

You've just made one there. :greengrin

matty_f
12-05-2014, 09:10 AM
You've just made one there. :greengrin

Yes, but how would you understand what I meant?:greengrin

marinello59
12-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Yes, but how would you understand what I meant?:greengrin

:greengrin

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Firstly, that is not what we have been told is happening. Petrie will remain as Chairman, and as such he will remain in overall charge.

We have been told that he's staying as the non-executive chairman which, to me, means a figurehead.

I understand you have an almost religious devotion to Petrie. But this is just rubbish masquerading as rationale.

:faf: I think you're taking my ability to see both sides of an argument for something it isn't.

Hibs have about fifty employees and a turnover of about £7 million. As an organisation, this barely even scrapes in at the small end of 'SME'. All football clubs at a similar level are structured in pretty much the same way, and all the people who work for them do the same things (apart from Hibs players, of course, who never win any games). Dempster has been running Motherwell - successfully - for six years. Petrie has been making a pig's ear of Hibs for the last seven.

Yeah. Me too.

O know nothing about Hibs inner workings - very, very few on here do. However, if you take over any existing set-up, in any walk of life, often you need to ask why things are being done a certain way before you can decide how things may be improved. If you don't then you're a fool. Yes, there will be the head of each department who'll be able to set things out, but a global overview remains crucial.

It's not about telling her how to do things, but telling her how things are done.

I can't wait for this 'Hibs presence in the upper rungs' to bring to the wider realms of Scottish football all the trappings of success that we've enjoyed for the last seven years .

Even on here, and even at this stage, there are very few who question RP's abilities as an administrator. For me, having somebody on the upper echelons wearing Hibs tinted glasses can only be a good thing.

IWasThere2016
12-05-2014, 10:24 AM

The man's opinion is worthless.

No matter that his observation is astute and correct, Murray should't be throwing stones fae the (big) glasshoose.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 10:38 AM
It's not about telling her how to do things, but telling her how things are done.

I thought the reasoning for her coming here was to change the way that things are done, as the way that things are currently done, clearly doesn't work. :confused:

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 11:03 AM
I thought the reasoning for her coming here was to change the way that things are done, as the way that things are currently done, clearly doesn't work. :confused:

Did you read all of my post, or only the bits that suit your gum bumping?

However, if you take over any existing set-up, in any walk of life, often you need to ask why things are being done a certain way before you can decide how things may be improved. If you don't then you're a fool. Yes, there will be the head of each department who'll be able to set things out, but a global overview remains crucial.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Actually, mattyf is right. And it's not as if I'm ever going to bring Peevemore round to my way of thinking.

I hope not.

Beefster
12-05-2014, 11:10 AM
We have been told that he's staying as the non-executive chairman which, to me, means a figurehead.

Sorry but that's wrong.

Rodders may no longer be involved in the day-to-day "how many rolls of loo paper do we need this week?" stuff but he'll be (in theory, with the rest of the Board) setting future strategy, overall budgets etc etc.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Sorry but that's wrong.

Rodders may no longer be involved in the day-to-day "how many rolls of loo paper do we need this week?" stuff but he'll be (in theory, with the rest of the Board) setting future strategy, overall budgets etc etc.

Possibly, and if Leanne Dempster doesn't get what she wants (which has no doubt already been discussed), she'll be offski.

Strategy should no longer be part of RP's remit. Budgets may be, but the budgets aren't bad in any case - it's how they've been used.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Did you read all of my post, or only the bits that suit your gum bumping?

Why can't she just come in and do things like she did while she was at Motherwell? Why does she need to ask questions about why things are done a certan way, if that way doesn't work anyway?

The reason why something is done a certain way shouldn't be relevant if it doesn't work. It should simply be changed.

Also, what point is there in having a "figurehead" at the club? You're basically paying someone who is no longer in charge of making decisions, even although thats what they were being paid for initially. So you're basically paying somebody for nothing.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Why can't she just come in and do things like she did while she was at Motherwell? Why does she need to ask questions about why things are done a certan way, if that way doesn't work anyway?

Because Hibs aren't Motherwell. No disrespect to them, but Hibs are a bigger club - bigger fanbase, bigger attendances, bigger turnover, higher expectations. Edinburgh isn't Motherwell. Hibs history and culture is different to that of Motherwell.

The reason why something is done a certain way shouldn't be relevant if it doesn't work. It should simply be changed.

Possibly, but sometimes there are parameters that apply to one business/structure that won't apply to another.

Also, what point is there in having a "figurehead" at the club? You're basically paying someone who is no longer in charge of making decisions, even although thats what they were being paid for initially. So you're basically paying somebody for nothing.

See, you've no idea - you only want to moan. RP WILL NOT BE PAID. The football club has a board, and a board needs a chairman to run meetings. RP will be the non-executive chairmen - look it up if you need help.

Beefster
12-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Possibly, and if Leanne Dempster doesn't get what she wants (which has no doubt already been discussed), she'll be offski.

Strategy should no longer be part of RP's remit. Budgets may be, but the budgets aren't bad in any case - it's how they've been used.

Strategy is exactly what the board is there to devise. Dempster's job will be implementing that strategy.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Strategy is exactly what the board is there to devise. Dempster's job will be implementing that strategy.

From the official press releases, it sounds to me that an outline strategy has already been discussed with Dempster. It's now for her and her staff to put together proposals which will be ratified (or not) by the board.

Beefster
12-05-2014, 01:31 PM
From the official press releases, it sounds to me that an outline strategy has already been discussed with Dempster. It's now for her and her staff to put together proposals which will be ratified (or not) by the board.

You're probably right and we're likely agreeing over this. I was just pointing out that Rodders' role is more than a figurehead. If he butts the **** out and lets Dempster get on with the day-to-day stuff then I don't have any issue with him being there.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 01:33 PM
You're probably right and we're likely agreeing over this. I was just pointing out that Rodders' role is more than a figurehead. If he butts the **** out and lets Dempster get on with the day-to-day stuff then I don't have any issue with him being there.

We'll have to wait and see.

Will we ever really know?

The Green Goblin
12-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Because Hibs aren't Motherwell. No disrespect to them, but Hibs are a bigger club - bigger fanbase, bigger attendances, bigger turnover, higher expectations. Edinburgh isn't Motherwell. Hibs history and culture is different to that of Motherwell..

In figures and sums, Hibs are a bigger club, PM, but when you compare how the two clubs have done in recent seasons, Hibs are definitely not a bigger club in terms of football. And isn`t that ultimately where it really matters?

southsider
12-05-2014, 01:53 PM
She can make a good start by sacking butcher.

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Ok. I kind of thought it was going to be a bit tricky to come up with any genuine specifics about exactly what Leeann Dempster is going to need Rod to explain to her about running a football club. So I've decided to help out. Here are my first three:

1. Look Leeann. This is how marketing is done at Hibs.After seven years of abject failure, we get a fourth-rate PR group with years of experience selling cheap car exhausts to knock together a combat-khaki envelope for our seaso-mailshot. Can you imagine the fans' reaction? Grown adults standing there saying “Well, I wasn't going to renew, but now I've got this mailshot in a combat khaki envelope I've completely changed my mind...” Isn't that amazing!

2. Look Leeann. This is how fan communication is done at Hibs. After our second 11th place finish in three seasons, and staring relegation in the face, I get a fourth-rate PR group with years of experience selling cheap car exhausts to write a “message” from me. See how there isn't so much as a whisper of a suggestion that I might be in any way responsible for any of our problems, far less any apology! In fact there's nothing of any substance in it whatsoever! But it's full of the sort of empty Buzzword Bingobabble phrases that PR people live and breathe. Isn't that amazing!

3. Look Leeann. This is how 'putting together a board' is done at Hibs. I buy a job lot of empty suits. Then I stuff each one with a hand-picked yesman! Do you know – and I'm not kidding – not one of these people has ever raised so much as a whisper of an objection to anything I've ever decided! Isn't that amazing!

flash
12-05-2014, 02:03 PM
You are trying too hard now.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 02:08 PM
In figures and sums, Hibs are a bigger club, PM, but when you compare how the two clubs have done in recent seasons, Hibs are definitely not a bigger club in terms of football. And isn`t that ultimately where it really matters?

Absolutely. which is obviously why we've head hunted Dempster. The point I was trying to make is that not everything that works for one club will automatically work for another, or at least not in exactly the same form.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Ok. I kind of thought it was going to be a bit tricky to come up with any genuine specifics about exactly what Leeann Dempster is going to need Rod to explain to her about running a football club. So I've decided to help out. Here are my first three:

1. Look Leeann. This is how marketing is done at Hibs.After seven years of abject failure, we get a fourth-rate PR group with years of experience selling cheap car exhausts to knock together a combat-khaki envelope for our seaso-mailshot. Can you imagine the fans' reaction? Grown adults standing there saying “Well, I wasn't going to renew, but now I've got this mailshot in a combat khaki envelope I've completely changed my mind...” Isn't that amazing!

2. Look Leeann. This is how fan communication is done at Hibs. After our second 11th place finish in three seasons, and staring relegation in the face, I get a fourth-rate PR group with years of experience selling cheap car exhausts to write a “message” from me. See how there isn't so much as a whisper of a suggestion that I might be in any way responsible for any of our problems, far less any apology! In fact there's nothing of any substance in it whatsoever! But it's full of the sort of empty Buzzword Bingobabble phrases that PR people live and breathe. Isn't that amazing!

3. Look Leeann. This is how 'putting together a board' is done at Hibs. I buy a job lot of empty suits. Then I stuff each one with a hand-picked yesman! Do you know – and I'm not kidding – not one of these people has ever raised so much as a whisper of an objection to anything I've ever decided! Isn't that amazing!

I hope you didn't waste too much time putting that together.

Lucius Apuleius
12-05-2014, 02:12 PM

And that is exactly why she needs a handover of sorts.

hibee_nation
12-05-2014, 02:24 PM

You were far better off just being a moaning git on here, you do not have the wit to be otherwise.

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 02:29 PM
You know nothing about Hibs inner workings - very, very few on here do... Christ on a bike Peevemor. It's a football club turning over £7 million a year, not a global investment bank and pharmaceuticals company. Most of the few dozen employees are football players. Once a year you sell season briefs. Once a fortnight you sell walkup tickets. Once a year you negotiate with sponsors. Periodically you join with the other clubs to negotiate a TV deal. There's a shop. There's a pie concession. You have to hire a bus to take the team to the away matches... Leeann Dempster already knows all that stuff.

The one critical interface - the only one that really matters - is between Board, management, and players. That is the one area in which Rod Petrie has shown himself to have absolutely no talent whatsoever.

Even on here, and even at this stage, there are very few who question RP's abilities as an administrator... That could be because this is Hibs.net, not the Financial Times or the Wall Street Journal.

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 02:38 PM
You were far better off just being a moaning git on here, you do not have the wit to be otherwise.Hi Rod.

The Falcon
12-05-2014, 02:40 PM
See, you've no idea - you only want to moan. RP WILL NOT BE PAID. The football club has a board, and a board needs a chairman to run meetings. RP will be the non-executive chairmen - look it up if you need help.

And that owner, who is not a director, will want him there to represent him.

The Falcon
12-05-2014, 02:44 PM

At least you spelt her name right and..................erm.....................that' s it.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Hi Rod.

You're wasting your time mate. He could drag us down to the pits of League 2 and some people would still have Rod shrines set up in their garage.

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Absolutely. which is obviously why we've head hunted Dempster. The point I was trying to make is that not everything that works for one club will automatically work for another, or at least not in exactly the same form.Then quit fannying about Peevemor and give me one specific example of something that has worked at Motherwell, but might not work at Hibs. One, single, specific, example.

Thecat23
12-05-2014, 02:54 PM
You're wasting your time mate. He could drag us down to the pits of League 2 and some people would still have Rod shrines set up in their garage.

Sadly this is true. I actually find it funny how they are as deluded as them over the road with Vlad. Poor wee souls can't see the forrest for the trees. ;D

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Christ on a bike Peevemor. It's a football club turning over £7 million a year, not a global investment bank and pharmaceuticals company. Most of the few dozen employees are football players. Once a year you sell season briefs. Once a fortnight you sell walkup tickets. Once a year you negotiate with sponsors. Periodically you join with the other clubs to negotiate a TV deal. There's a shop. There's a pie concession. You have to hire a bus to take the team to the away matches... Leeann Dempster already knows all that stuff.

The one critical interface - the only one that really matters - is between Board, management, and players. That is the one area in which Rod Petrie has shown himself to have absolutely no talent whatsoever.

... and it looks like he'll no longer be part of that "interface", so where's your problem?

That could be because this is Hibs.net, not the Financial Times or the Wall Street Journal.

Could you make your mind up please? Either it's a silly wee business that anyone could run, or it's a complex business that nobody on here (except you obviously) really understands. Which is it?

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Seven years of abject failure.
Two 11th place finishes in three seasons.
Staring relegation in the face from the weakest top league in the history of Scottish football.
Repeatedly humiliated by our main rivals when they're almost bankrupt.

The man who has been in sole charge throughout this period sends a 'message' to the fans which does not even contain so much as a hat-tip of acknowledgement that he might share any responsibility for our predicament - far less an apology.

And these guys are OK with that...

It's known as Stockholm Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome)

Peevemor
At least you spelt her name right and..................erm.....................that' s it.

I've learned how now -L E E A N N

matty_f
Sadly this is true. I actually find it funny how they are as deluded as them over the road with Vlad. Poor wee souls can't see the forrest for the trees. ;D

I don't think there is anyone left that thinks Rod Petrie has done no wrong, you don't think that maybe they just don't see it as a black and white thing - that they can acknowledge (and in some cases defend) the good things while accepting that he needs to go?

You'd be hard pushed to find anyone that thinks that the last however many years of underachievement don't point to something seriously wrong in the way the club is run, but that's not to say that over those years there hasn't been good work done as well.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 03:03 PM

It boggles the mind.

It doesn't take a genius to balance books. Anybody can do that. You simply cut costs and reduce the quality of the product to cover the expenses. Even if the expenses are caused by your own ineptness.

This is what Petrie has been doing. He's been covering his own arse by cutting more and more corners to cover the holes in the balance sheet that were caused by himself in the first place.

For those that continue to defend Petrie to the hilt. What does he actually do at Hibs that no other Tom, Dick or Harry could do there?

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 03:15 PM
For those that continue to defend Petrie to the hilt. What does he actually do at Hibs that no other Tom, Dick or Harry could do there?Somebody with a spark of intelligence has already answered that question. It was something along the lines of:

"He balances the books by cutting costs to match dwindling revenues which are collapsing as a result of his own ineptness."

Thecat23
12-05-2014, 03:18 PM
I don't think there is anyone left that thinks Rod Petrie has done no wrong, you don't think that maybe they just don't see it as a black and white thing - that they can acknowledge (and in some cases defend) the good things while accepting that he needs to go?

You'd be hard pushed to find anyone that thinks that the last however many years of underachievement don't point to something seriously wrong in the way the club is run, but that's not to say that over those years there hasn't been good work done as well.

I've always said he's done fantastic in recovering the club from where it was. But as many on here can see the bigger picture they know Rod at Hibs is a bad thing. Others don't and for the love of my can't understand it.

Past 5 years what good has he done? We have lost targets he's blown Christ knows how much paying off managers, he's failed in his business plan.

They can defend him all the want Matty but like I say the ones who are I personally think are deluded. I have my opinion right or wrong they have theirs.

Does anyone still want him here? if so can you tell us why and what you think he's brought past 5 years please. Not a dig a genuine question.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Seven years of abject failure.
Two 11th place finishes in three seasons.
Staring relegation in the face from the weakest top league in the history of Scottish football.
Repeatedly humiliated by our main rivals when they're almost bankrupt.

The man who has been in sole charge throughout this period sends a 'message' to the fans which does not even contain so much as a hat-tip of acknowledgement that he might share any responsibility for our predicament - far less an apology.

And these guys are OK with that...

It's known as Stockholm Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome)

What guys?

It boggles the mind.

It doesn't take a genius to balance books. Anybody can do that. You simply cut costs and reduce the quality of the product to cover the expenses. Even if the expenses are caused by your own ineptness.

This is what Petrie has been doing. He's been covering his own arse by cutting more and more corners to cover the holes in the balance sheet that were caused by himself in the first place.

For those that continue to defend Petrie to the hilt. What does he actually do at Hibs that no other Tom, Dick or Harry could do there?

Who are they?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-05-2014, 03:31 PM

Wouldnae be surprised if she has an escape clause in her contract if we happen to go down.

The_Exile
12-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Rods position is untenable, as is STF's as owner, don't get me wrong we will be forever grateful for saving us, but that was then and this is now! I understand the club is up for sale, but how many people actually know that? They don't seem to be actively looking for a buyer. It's not as if we're a semi pro outfit training on public parks dodging dug *****, we're a sleeping giant ready to roll!!!!

matty_f
12-05-2014, 03:33 PM
I've always said he's done fantastic in recovering the club from where it was. But as many on here can see the bigger picture they know Rod at Hibs is a bad thing. Others don't and for the love of my can't understand it.

Past 5 years what good has he done? We have lost targets he's blown Christ knows how much paying off managers, he's failed in his business plan.

They can defend him all the want Matty but like I say the ones who are I personally think are deluded. I have my opinion right or wrong they have theirs.

Does anyone still want him here? if so can you tell us why and what you think he's brought past 5 years please. Not a dig a genuine question.

I've long since thought it was time for a change at the top mate, so I can't really answer your question. Personally, when looking at the 'positives' I would point to how the club looked when he first took over to how it looks now, and he did that without putting the club at risk financially and without detracting from the spend the manager would have had available anyway (i.e. the year on year budgets remained largely unchanged despite the infrastructure projects, so the building of the East stand didn't stop the manager getting players).

I think it's very easy (and, if I'm honest, very churlish) to dismiss that kind of thing as something anyone could have done or to put it down to luck or whatever. The club is in great shape once the important part on the pitch is sorted out.

The obvious counter to that is you can see in our league placing and gradual but steady decline where his failings are.

truehibernian
12-05-2014, 03:35 PM

TC, I backed Rod for years and only turned on him last 2 - he should have gone and stepped aside after the Hearts final.

But I have to say, Rod didn't do all the 'good stuff' by himself - we had John Park and Donald Park, who trained and spotted the Brown's, Whitty's and Miller's......the fans have to take huge huge credit too by sticking by the club through thick and thin. Many other side's fans would have thrown in the towel yet this season we have, when asked, yet again come out for 'one last effort'.

He has negotiated well, balanced books to the best of his ability, but Hibs reaped the rewards for the silly season of transfers involving the Old Firm. We won't see a £2-3 million player leave Hibs in the next wee while.

I sometimes think that Rod got caught up in the 'golden generation' media hype.....at the time the Scottish media were lavish of Hibs youth system, more often than not referring to it as a 'conveyor belt. What Rod lost sight of, and this is the worst 'transfer' we have had, was not replacing John Park when he left for Celtic, and not really investing in a youth set up par excellence.

Tom English actually described us really well lately by saying we are squatters in a mansion - perfectly put really.

Rod has caused a divide for the last 4 years - a clear and present divide. He is not daft and he has seen it, which begs the question, why wait until relegation to stand aside. For me that is a cowardly act and not one of a good, firm, robust decision maker. Sir Tom has been the absent landlord too.

A really successful, strong organisation has strong defined leadership at the top which emanates down through the workforce, identifying staff who can match their goals and vision - not one player in my opinion, bar say Kevin Thomson, has any form of drive and leadership about them.

matty_f
12-05-2014, 03:38 PM
TC, I backed Rod for years and only turned on him last 2 - he should have gone and stepped aside after the Hearts final.

But I have to say, Rod didn't do all the 'good stuff' by himself - we had John Park and Donald Park, who trained and spotted the Brown's, Whitty's and Miller's......the fans have to take huge huge credit too by sticking by the club through thick and thin. Many other side's fans would have thrown in the towel yet this season we have, when asked, yet again come out for 'one last effort'.

He has negotiated well, balanced books to the best of his ability, but Hibs reaped the rewards for the silly season of transfers involving the Old Firm. We won't see a £2-3 million player leave Hibs in the next wee while.

I sometimes think that Rod got caught up in the 'golden generation' media hype.....at the time the Scottish media were lavish of Hibs youth system, more often than not referring to it as a 'conveyor belt. What Rod lost sight of, and this is the worst 'transfer' we have had, was not replacing John Park when he left for Celtic, and not really investing in a youth set up par excellence.

Tom English actually described us really well lately by saying we are squatters in a mansion - perfectly put really.

Rod has caused a divide for the last 4 years - a clear and present divide. He is not daft and he has seen it, which begs the question, why wait until relegation to stand aside. For me that is a cowardly act and not one of a good, firm, robust decision maker. Sir Tom has been the absent landlord too.

A really successful, strong organisation has strong defined leadership at the top which emanates down through the workforce, identifying staff who can match their goals and vision - not one player in my opinion, bar say Kevin Thomson, has any form of drive and leadership about them.

I think worse than not replacing John Park was not replacing either Scott Lindsay or Fife Hyland. I think the off-field team at Hibs have been hugely stretched for some time now, and it's had a severe impact across the football club.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 03:38 PM
What guys?

Who are they?

I could easily put together a list of members on here who think Petrie should remain where he is.

Some have been very quiet around these parts lately. But there are still quite a few who are vocal about wanting him to stay.

Not that they're not entitled to have their opinion. But it would be nice to know their reasonings behind it. Because I honestly can't see myself what Petrie offers us that nobody else could.

Thecat23
12-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I've long since thought it was time for a change at the top mate, so I can't really answer your question. Personally, when looking at the 'positives' I would point to how the club looked when he first took over to how it looks now, and he did that without putting the club at risk financially and without detracting from the spend the manager would have had available anyway (i.e. the year on year budgets remained largely unchanged despite the infrastructure projects, so the building of the East stand didn't stop the manager getting players).

I think it's very easy (and, if I'm honest, very churlish) to dismiss that kind of thing as something anyone could have done or to put it down to luck or whatever. The club is in great shape once the important part on the pitch is sorted out.

The obvious counter to that is you can see in our league placing and gradual but steady decline where his failings are.

I haven't ever said anyone could have done what he's done. Let's not forget he overspent as well back when big Eck was manager. He recovered well by selling our top players and laying down the foundations.

But that doesn't mean he should be here now surely? As going back to my other question... What has he done past five years that he deserves to stay in this job?? It's no coincidence that media, other players and managers don't think much of him. Some may say tough but when he's costing us players that would improve Hibs then that becomes a huge worry.

It's the constant denial as well mate. Many just won't except he does nothing wrong, they just keep going with the same "so who do you want?" It's ridiculous. Why won't these people admit he's failed in his business plan?

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Rods position is untenable, as is STF's as owner, don't get me wrong we will be forever grateful for saving us, but that was then and this is now! I understand the club is up for sale, but how many people actually know that? They don't seem to be actively looking for a buyer. It's not as if we're a semi pro outfit training on public parks dodging dug *****, we're a sleeping giant ready to roll!!!!

That doesn't make sense.

Thecat23
12-05-2014, 03:41 PM

Brilliant post. Fully agree as well!

Pete
12-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Players are probably reading this board wondering how the fans are feeling and hoping there is a togetherness on the run up to one of the most important games in our history. They're probably thinking "where is the siege mentality?" and "what's the point, they sound ****ed anyway" after reading stuff like this.

Eleven days. Can people not just value the build up and morale we need over the sound of their own bloody voice for eleven days?

"I'm allowed an opinion blah blah"

Thecat23
12-05-2014, 03:43 PM
That doesn't make sense.

I'm sure you know exactly what he means though.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 03:43 PM
I could easily put together a list of members on here who think Petrie should remain where he is.

Some have been very quiet around these parts lately. But there are still quite a few who are vocal about wanting him to stay.

Not that they're not entitled to have their opinion. But it would be nice to know their reasonings behind it. Because I honestly can't see myself what Petrie offers us that nobody else could.

But you & Nailrod been coming out with statements like 'the mind boggles", speaking about Stockholm syndrome, etc.

I haven't seen anybody on here defending him re. our current crisis.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Players are probably reading this board wondering how the fans are feeling and hoping there is a togetherness on the run up to one of the most important games in our history. They're probably thinking "where is the siege mentality?" and "what's the point, they sound ****ed anyway" after reading stuff like this.

Eleven days. Can people not just value the build up and morale we need over the sound of their own bloody voice for eleven days?

Why would the players be wasting their time reading this board? :confused:

I'd like to think they had something better to do with their time. Such as training and preparing themselves for these 2 games.

Peevemor
12-05-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm sure you know exactly what he means though.

Not really. He owns the club and there doesn't seem to be anyone about to put in a bid.

It makes no sense to say that his position is untenable, because nobody can currently take it from him.

matty_f
12-05-2014, 03:49 PM
I haven't ever said anyone could have done what he's done. Let's not forget he overspent as well back when big Eck was manager. He recovered well by selling our top players and laying down the foundations.

But that doesn't mean he should be here now surely? As going back to my other question... What has he done past five years that he deserves to stay in this job?? It's no coincidence that media, other players and managers don't think much of him. Some may say tough but when he's costing us players that would improve Hibs then that becomes a huge worry.

It's the constant denial as well mate. Many just won't except he does nothing wrong, they just keep going with the same "so who do you want?" It's ridiculous. Why won't these people admit he's failed in his business plan?

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you had said anyone could have done what he's done. As for the overspending with McLeish, we spent within our means but the financial landscape changed with the collapse of the Sky deal and we took drastic (and early) steps to steady the ship.

None of that means he should still be here now, I'll point to my earlier statement which said that I have long since felt that there was a need for change at the top.

I guess I just don't see the constant denial that you're talking about, save for maybe one or two posters, which is hardly reflective of the general mood or opinion. I challenge anyone to name someone that thinks that he has done no wrong, though.

The Green Goblin
12-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Absolutely. which is obviously why we've head hunted Dempster. The point I was trying to make is that not everything that works for one club will automatically work for another, or at least not in exactly the same form.

That's true. I'm glad that there will be changes, starting with Dempster etc. just wish we hadn't waited until we were staring relegation in the face (again) before making those changes. I wish we had been proactive rather than reactive.

matty_f
12-05-2014, 03:50 PM

I'd like to think they had something better to do with their time. Such as training and preparing themselves for these 2 games.

24/7, obviously. Are they allowed to nip home for some dinner?

Pete
12-05-2014, 03:51 PM

Why?

Because they are human beings, that's why.

Hibercelona
12-05-2014, 03:52 PM
24/7, obviously. Are they allowed to nip home for some dinner?

Why on earth would they want to read stuff on here, if it's only going to make them feel worse?

Where would be the logic in doing so?

Nailrod
12-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Could you make your mind up please? Either it's a silly wee business that anyone could run, or it's a complex business that nobody on here (except you obviously) really understands. Which is it?
Ok. Allow me to explain my point in slightly simpler terms. The reason why "even on here, and even at this stage, there are very few who question RP's abilities as an administrator" is because the vast majority of people on here are ordinary football fans who don't know anything about profit and loss statements, balance sheets, corporate finance, or business management. They don't question RP's abilities as an administrator because that is not their area of expertise, and because they have repeatedly been told what a business genius he is.

If Rod Petrie was running any business unit in any Fortune 500 company anywhere in the world, and it was performing as badly as Hibs have performed for the last seven years, he would be out the door so fast his erse would catch fire.

There are a dozen serious competitors in the field. His unit is among the top 3 or 4 revenue earners. In addition, he has recently had exceptional revenues over a 4-year period that amount to more than two full years of turnover. None of his competitors have had one tenth of that. And his unit is still producing, repeatedly, close to or the worst product of any of the dozen companies in the field.

So fast his erse would catch fire.

Lucius Apuleius
12-05-2014, 03:55 PM
It boggles the mind.

:faf:

Go on then. I have not seen one person on this thread especially saying he should remain where he is.

matty_f
Why on earth would they want to read stuff on here, if it's only going to make them feel worse?

Where would be the logic in doing so?

I read your posts and they make me feel worse... yeah, there's no logic there but I do it anyway.

A lot of them are Hibs fans, there's a very good chance they'll want to see what's being discussed about them and the club.

truehibernian

Peter, that is the perils of being a footballer in a top flight league with a big club (in our country's terms) - with the good times you get the praise, the plaudits and the fans wanting any opportunity to get a picture with them. The bad times you get verbals, abuse and bile written about you on occasion.......let's not sugar coat these players and wrap them up in any more cotton wool that some want them wrapped in.

A united, 'siege mentality' side would not win only 1 in 18 games. A 'united' and 'together' squad would perhaps say to each other it's perhaps not best to go out drinking after a game and result that consigns you to a play-off for top league status after surrendering a 7 point lead on your rivals.

The players do read this. So do the Board. Some players post.

What I would say is, look at the house you live in, the kids you have, the wife (or partner) and the nice car(s) in the drive. Look at East Mains and where you go to work everyday and look at the lifestyle you lead in comparison to others. Look at 16,000 expectant faces as you run out that Easter Road tunnel and look at the joy you bring when you score and win a game, get stuck in to a tackle and play with a wee bit skill.

Because.......all the above is in danger of disappearing into the ether unless you, the players and management, put every ounce of skill and energy into two 90 minute games of football - games they are very capable of winning with a bit to spare if they realise what is truly at stake.

If they don't then they will be having to very very quicky get their agent doing some Dynamo-esque magicianlike negotiating to get them to a team and on a contract like they are now.

MSK
12-05-2014, 03:57 PM

Where would be the logic in doing so?Maybe because a few of them are hibs/football fans ..mind you though ..a couple of hours reading on this place will have them reaching for a rope ..