PDA

View Full Version : Butchers War Chest

spike220
11-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Is it time to learn a trick from other clubs and have fans set up a direct debit scheme for the club for a War Chest! (For whoever the Manager is).

I know the club say all season tickets are invested in the squad.

But what about separate fund for a few top notch signings, a few thousand fans putting up an average of ten/twenty quid a week could give us good chance at landing some decent talent, I am sure the club could recognize them in some way shape or form too. Also I am sure a lot of fans would get warm fuzzy feeling to know they are part of a select group that contributes to pay the salary of whomever it is. Could at least give us chance to see the like of Griffiths or Similar at Hibs. I am sick of all the talent going to Celtic.

Of course there will many that cant or wont want to join in, which is fair enough, this is democracy after all.

GGTTH

RCNG
11-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Is it time to learn a trick from other clubs and have fans set up a direct debit scheme for the club for a War Chest! (For whoever the Manager is).

But what about separate fund for a few top notch signings, a few thousand fans putting up an average of ten/twenty quid a week could give us good chance at landing some decent talent, I am sure the club could recognize them in some way shape or form too. Also I am sure a lot of fans would get warm fuzzy feeling to know they are part of a select group that contributes to pay the salary of whomever it is. Could at least give us chance to see the like of Griffiths or Similar at Hibs. I am sick of all the talent going to Celtic.

Of course there will many that cant or wont want to join in, which is fair enough, this is democracy after all.

GGTTH

Go one further than your post and actually do it then? It's a great idea but needs to come to fruition. Put it out to a poll. Then ask for the yes voters to pm you. Take it from there.

spike220
11-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Go one further than your post and actually do it then? It's a great idea but needs to come to fruition. Put it out to a poll. Then ask for the yes voters to pm you. Take it from there.

Cool, I am in if you are . Are there any already established supporter clubs that could collect/administer the funds? If not I could be interested in helping set something up.

But I am also of the opinion that this needs to be a managers war chest and separate from the Hibs Board/infrastructure. Could pay out to the club monthly once we know what level of commitment there is.

GGTTH

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 08:40 AM
There'll be neither a season ticket or a DD in my name as long as that ******* Petrie has anything tae dae with this club

Michael
11-05-2014, 08:42 AM
What could we realistically raise? Say, 5000 fans were interested. At £5 a month we'd get 25k a month or 300k a year. Hibs top earner will be on what? Maybe 150k a year?

So, I'd say it looks like it could make a difference. If we had 5000 fans at £10 (maybe a bit of a stretch) that would be 600k; which could go pretty far.

bobbyhibs1983
11-05-2014, 08:44 AM

GGTTH

I Admire your idea sir but I feel that if people pay for a st they do there bit, If those people who do that, and go to away games and do this and that witht ehre spending on the club shirts n stuff, add that altogether and i guess the cost of living and stuff i feel alot of people would maybe stuggle.
As your point in respect Our talent going to celtic, bottom line is, celtic are a team that ll challage for cups and the leagure EVERY season and european(sp) football everyweek and probly ATLEAST 10 GRAND A WEEK MORE than at hibs.

but all in all good luck with the idea i hope it goes well:thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
11-05-2014, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't give that clown the steam off ma p!sh

scuttle
11-05-2014, 08:46 AM
What could we realistically raise? Say, 5000 fans were interested. At £5 a month we'd get 25k a month or 300k a year. Hibs top earner will be on what? Maybe 150k a year?

So, I'd say it looks like it could make a difference. If we had 5000 fans at £10 (maybe a bit of a stretch) that would be 600k; which could go pretty far.

£10 a week over the course of a season, you would be as well buying season ticket in the first place

puff the dragon
11-05-2014, 08:48 AM
I'd only consider it if Petrie us removed from any position in the club ( non-exec or SFA included) and sells up his 10%.

every penny that man has now earned from Hibernian is a penny he has stolen as a result of under performance and mismanagement. All his 'accomplishments' now count for nothing.

Michael
11-05-2014, 08:49 AM
£10 a week over the course of a season, you would be as well buying season ticket in the first place

That's a month not a week, so it's nowhere close to a ST.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Hibernian FC Chairman Rod Petrie today said lack of progress on the pitch, is due to the fans not contributing enough to the " Manager's War chest"

Big fat no.

mutley
11-05-2014, 08:54 AM
I see where you are coming from, but over the last 2 seasons I have spent a fair whack between ST (for 2) plus renewals, shares (got my certificate) large EastStandStone plus replica stone, tops home and away and various crap from the club store , drink in BTG and I religiously buy a crap pie at half time. I don't think I can justify spending any more than I do, in fact I'm too scared to add it all up and then think what I could have bought with the cash!

ManBearPig
11-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Wouldn't guarantee any top class players. Money don't maketh the team/players and bare in mind it still needs to be spent wisely.

iwasthere1972
11-05-2014, 08:59 AM
It may be a good idea but imagine if this was in operation last season and you were having money taken from your account to pay James Collin's wages. Perish the thought.

scuttle
11-05-2014, 08:59 AM
That's a month not a week, so it's nowhere close to a ST.

Does it include people that have already bought season tickets or people that don't go to many games? I think some people would be reluctant to pay more than they already pay and see it as a bit unfair. Would be hard to organise IMO but think its a reasonable idea

Ronniekirk
11-05-2014, 09:07 AM

It would be an amount per month and yes on top of everything we currently do .Count me in if it gets to stage where there is enough interest Hearts purportedly have over 8 000 fans paying in D D so will be interesting to see if that momentum continues now they are heading out of admin .
But when Mowbury and John Park were around you would of known your money was in safe hands .The thought of me contributing to Collins wages and sitting every week having to watch that headless chicken run around frantically with no great purpose doesn't appeal to me .
Think position we are in just now will make if difficult to get buy in from fans ,but is that not something that should be getting raised by gogs and others who already meet with Board to generate ideas .

Just Alf
11-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Leith Links is already there, pretty sure not many people contribute so I guess you already have your answer?

Michael
11-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Does it include people that have already bought season tickets or people that don't go to many games? I think some people would be reluctant to pay more than they already pay and see it as a bit unfair. Would be hard to organise IMO but think its a reasonable idea

No idea about the details, I just put a figure out there to see what's possible. In truth, I think it would be very hard to organise and convince people to take part. Given the choice, people would probably rather go to an extra match or two (non ST holders) or buy a top (perhaps ST holders).

Matt92
11-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Imagine the seethe if it was used to sign a donkey like Collins. £200k.

Ronniekirk
11-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Leith Links is already there, pretty sure not many people contribute so I guess you already have your answer?

I contribute to L L and Suzy and others. Put in a power of work to keep this going so yes in theory the funds from the season tickets bought by them already go to player budget so there is your vehicle to progress right enough

BroxburnHibee
11-05-2014, 09:26 AM
There'll be neither a season ticket or a DD in my name as long as that ******* Petrie has anything tae dae with this club

Really?

Should have said :tee hee:

Eyrie
11-05-2014, 11:42 AM

Exactly. Here's the link (http://leithlinks4kids.com/) for anyone wanting to support the club and help kids at the same time.

And my "yes" vote above reflects the fact that I already support Leith Links with a monthly DD.

Cabbage East
11-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Hang on, you expect thousands of supporters to set up a direct debit for 80 quid a month for Terry Butcher to sign a couple of players? Lay off the meth mate.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Really?

Should have said :tee hee::wink:

greenpaper55
11-05-2014, 11:48 AM
We could have Messi playing up front and we would still have Mcgivern punting long diagonal balls to him from sixty yards, it's the way we play that's the problem.

yekimevol
11-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Hell no !!! Not while Terry Butcher is the manager at the club; If Butcher had proven himself to be the man to lead us forward maybe, But in his time is charge all he has shown is that he is the wrong man to progress the club. The team has already had its cash out of me; I bought i season ticket at the start of the season and had to move away because of work and only used it five times if that, so ended up paying ten pound a pop on the terrible hibs international tv stream of the matches.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2014, 06:24 PM

GGTTH

Butchers war chest, Managers Fund etc this has been considered at a decent length IMO with this ins and outs explored.

There re a number of ways anyone and everyone that wishes to can donate either in a one lump sum or a regular basis. Iirc If you have PayPal/online banking you can pay online in a straightforward process.

One of the vehicles for this also has a massive side benefit - tickets for disadvantaged kids through the Leith links (hooks into existing kicks for kids) initiative which Suzy can take great credit for seeing it come to fruition.

this money along with STs, EastTerrace stones and Lotto are ring-fenced for the manager (albeit the Lotto sees a percentage back). The Hibernians also provide direct support to Hibernian youth development then there is the Hibernian Historical Trust and Erin Trust that also give various support (I'm sure there's probably more)

No reason to complicate things by adding another strand IMO. This issue was raised and followed up at the time Griffiths signature was the issue but if could never just be about one player for obvious reasons...

Hibs Class
11-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Imagine the seethe if it was used to sign a donkey like Collins. £200k.

I don't have to imagine the seethe. I assume it will be something like paying a tenner for PM membership which enables folk like you to make posts like this.

dave62
11-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Would depend on who the manager is.