PDA

View Full Version : We WERE'NT relegated yesterday!!

California-Hibs
11-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Ok, so the dust has somewhat began to settle from yesterday. I was as fuming/gutted as anyone out there watching the game, but it's alarming how so many people have completely given up and accepted that we're getting beat in the playoffs.

Now, no delusion here, we're terrible right now, absolutely terrible. We have though picked up in recent games, and been very unlucky (bars and posts being hit, brilliant saves being pulled off etc). The Partick and Kilmarnock game were a knife edge away from being very different, we were NOT outplayed in these matches.

We are on the brink of 2 of the biggest matches Hibernian FC have played in.

We're all hurting, Butcher (although many will choose to believe otherwise) is hurting. Theres no getting away from our record, 1 win in 20 is shambolic.

HOWEVER...nothing is official yet, and we still have an opportunity over two legs to dig it out and ensure our safety! Will this be an achievement that should be greeted with the upmost of joy? Hell no. But it's vital, VITAL, that Hibs stay in the Premiership, and that we try to do the best we can as fans to ensure this happens.

Alot of the negative threads on here are rightly justified, but the timing of certain ones is a farce. Again, we were NOT relegated yesterday!

I for one am going to stick my neck out and predict that we'll survive the playoffs and remain in the SPL. Whatever happens thereafter happens, but the last few games have shown me that the players haven't thrown in the towel like alot of the fans on this messageboard have in recent days!

500miles
11-05-2014, 07:51 AM
We need to get the ball in the back of the net first. We need that bit of luck, that break that get's our noses in front. We've started earning it by being the better performers in the last few weeks, but it can still take time to break that hoodoo.

It is still in our hands. I've seen us in play-offs before, I've been a season ticket holder for that much of my life. We can do it, the players just need the belief.

Paisley Hibby
11-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Ok, so the dust has somewhat began to settle from yesterday. I was as fuming/gutted as anyone out there watching the game, but it's alarming how so many people have completely given up and accepted that we're getting beat in the playoffs.

Now, no delusion here, we're terrible right now, absolutely terrible. We have though picked up in recent games, and been very unlucky (bars and posts being hit, brilliant saves being pulled off etc). The Partick and Kilmarnock game were a knife edge away from being very different, we were NOT outplayed in these matches.

We're all hurting, Butcher (although many will choose to believe otherwise) is hurting. Theres no getting away from our record, 1 win in 20 is shambolic.

HOWEVER...nothing is official yet, and we still have an opportunity over two legs to dig it out and ensure our safety! Will this be an achievement that should be greeted with the upmost of joy? Hell no. But it's vital, VITAL, that Hibs stay in the Premiership, and that we try to do the best we can as fans to ensure this happens.

Alot of the negative threads on here are rightly justified, but the timing of certain ones is a farce. Again, we were NOT relegated yesterday!

I for one am going to stick my neck out and predict that we'll survive the playoffs and remain in the SPL. Whatever happens thereafter happens, but the last few games have shown me that the players haven't thrown in the towel like alot of the fans on this messageboard have in recent days!

1 win in 20. Statistically, that means we have a 95 % chance of going down?

Since90+2
11-05-2014, 07:59 AM

No it doesn't.

Seven up
11-05-2014, 08:06 AM

Post of the week :tbgwa:

bobbyhibs1983
11-05-2014, 08:22 AM

Very intresting points you have raised sir but i hope you dont mind my saying but even if our preformances have have picked up we have not won many games recently. I d rather play bad and win really.
Bottom line is if you dont score goals and dont win games you get realagated,simple as that.
We haven't done either recently, and i would say whoever has won the playoffs(no idea who it is mind you?) have done both really recently, so that would surggest that WE need to do something, not play well, not try our best, not do any of these old football cliche's that get thrown out.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-05-2014, 08:30 AM
And the most salient point that is missing from the OP's list of facts, is that if Hearts hadn't had 15 points deducted, then we would be down already. If we stay up, then we have undeservedly won a watch. If we go down, we deserve to go down.

SunshineOnLeith
11-05-2014, 08:53 AM
And the most salient point that is missing from the OP's list of facts, is that if Hearts hadn't had 15 points deducted, then we would be down already. If we stay up, then we have undeservedly won a watch. If we go down, we deserve to go down.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

lapsedhibee
11-05-2014, 08:54 AM

Why would that hypothetical statement be in a list of facts? :confused:

Hearts finished less than 15 points behind us. That's a fact.
What you've suggested isn't. Facts don't begin with "if". FACT.

Sir David Gray
11-05-2014, 09:54 AM
We've just finished our league campaign having failed to win a single game for 3 months, barely scoring a goal in the process. We have also finished with the lowest number of points won out of all the clubs in the league.

Unless we somehow manage to learn how to score some goals over the next 10 days then we have no chance of staying up.

Teams who can't score goals don't win games of football. It's really as simple as that.

SlickShoes
11-05-2014, 10:03 AM

We have been the worst team in the league this year, Hearts have performed better than us.

The supporters are asked to rally and we do, it makes 0 difference.

We are awful, no amount of positivity from the support will fix that.

We as a club lack ambition and a will to win, in any sport if you merely want to exist and not win you are as well giving up.

Steve-O
11-05-2014, 10:41 AM
We're totally pish and have ZERO confidence. We'll be playing a team full of confidence and well up for the game.

I know who I'll be betting on anyway.

ackeygraham
11-05-2014, 10:44 AM
I agree with the post, we're not relegated yet but on other hand can't score.

My thoughts yesterday were though after the game is how do we get Collins and who ever up top to score. It's evident that the hoof ball TB has been playing for weeks now just isn't creating the scoring chances we require.

I know Collins hasn't set the heather alight but did score goals prior, maybe time to review his previous work and see if we can accommodate him or the other strikers to get these goals. Also this going back to go forward at a slow tempo was brutal too yesterday and played into killies hands. Time for TB to get back to the drawing board and sort his tactics.

Hibernia&Alba
11-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Why would that hypothetical statement be in a list of facts? :confused:

Hearts finished less than 15 points behind us. That's a fact.
What you've suggested isn't. Facts don't begin with "if". FACT.

But Northernhibby is correct in saying Hearts have won more points on the field of play than we have. It's their entry into administration - not the fault of their current players - that has prevented our relegation already. So let's cheer up: if we win the play off, Hearts have been relegated in our place - PLEASING.

ackeygraham
11-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Yeah won more on field but penalised for their off field antics. A club has to work on and off the pitch which they hadn't but thats business. Am sure the local charities and businesses they have failed to pay back will be glad they won more points though......

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Beefster
11-05-2014, 11:34 AM

Possibly my favourite ever bit of stats misuse.

Hibernia&Alba
11-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Yeah won more on field but penalised for their off field antics. A club has to work on and off the pitch which they hadn't but thats business. Am sure the local charities and businesses they have failed to pay back will be glad they won more points though......

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Totally agree with your point. They cheated and had to pay the price. Luckily for us, their past caught up with them this season, which may prove to our enormous benefit.