PDA

View Full Version : Share transfer/change of Ownership

WHUHibs
11-05-2014, 06:59 AM
I don't have time to read all threads and not sure if this has previously stated elsewhere.

I was told by a former official from another club that is is a real possibility that there is going yo be a share change. A couple of years ago a commercial company wanted to buy Hibs but STF would not give them complete ownership of all assets. Now that may have been a good or bad move but we don't know the detail so hard to judge without facts.

However, what is being suggested is that STF son will take control soon and that Dempster has been brought in to make that a smooth transition. This would mean that Rod would move on as apparently they don't see eye to eye.

This information came from the same person who told me a few hours before Leanne was appointed which I did not post as I thought it was rubbish. I did however, suggest someone like Dempster should come in just hours before the announcement on another thread.

I don't know if this information is true but would certainly give the club a lift and with more funding on the playing side would help.

He also mentioned the lack of funds for a real striker in January was a bone of contention between TB and Petrie and that relationship could be better but he is a professional. He also said there is a significant wage cap for next season but TB has a lot of good players on standby despite the capping.

So in conclusion the story seems nice, it would be a lift but I can't verify the facts but perhaps some other people may be able to use this information to establish facts?

southsider
11-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Well RS you might or might not be on to something but the point is our present owner (nor his son, i suspect) may care, even a great deal, for this club but they will never LOVE this club the way we do. When grown men cannot sleep before big games, refuse to buy newspapers after (another) derby defeat. Eat, think and drink all things Hibs then it is up to us to change things. As has been brought up before a managers fund (who ever that is but not Butcher.) For those with a bit of disposable income £20 per week from say, 1000 fans brings a cool million to the fund every year. We are going downhill fast and it is up to us to stop the rot.