10-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Grant Stott :top marks

Hibee-Wylie
10-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Grant Stott :top marks

Good statement from him:not worth

Cameron1875
10-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Fair play to Grant Stott for actually coming out and facing that. He's in a difficult position as he can't really criticise the board or he'll not be allowed in corporate at ER again.

If the worst happens and we lose the playoffs then there really needs to be an organised protest with constructive questions asked. None of this "he's goat tae go ken" cause that won't make a difference to the people at the top.

Hopefully some hibees on here can think of ideas about how we'd go about it :agree:

Hibee-Wylie
10-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Few fans stayed well over two hours after the match finished. Fans demanded Petrie/Butcher would come out and say something but nothing happened, too scared. This is their team and too scared to face the fans after that.

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Fair play to stotty.
Also, the other videos of "revolt" being led by a few 12 year olds are actually pretty embarrassing.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Fair play to stotty.
Also, the other videos of "revolt" being led by a few 12 year olds are actually pretty embarrassing.

:agree:

HibeeHendo
10-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Fair play to stotty.

:agree: ****ing cringe worthy.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Fair play to stotty.

:agree: They did it with the best intentions but cringeworthy and too half hearted.

Emerald
11-05-2014, 12:06 AM
:agree: ****ing cringe worthy.

kev1875
11-05-2014, 12:45 AM
What's cringeworthy is the cringeworthy posters on this forum who use the word cringeworthy to describe anything they don't agree with. What's even more cringeworthy is the reaction of the said posters when faced with the people they've described as cringeworthy. **** ye

iwasthere1972
11-05-2014, 12:50 AM
What's cringeworthy is the cringeworthy posters on this forum who use the word cringeworthy to describe anything they don't agree with. What's even more cringeworthy is the reaction of the said posters when faced with the people they've described as cringeworthy. **** ye

Only said it was cringeworthy because it was but not against a protest.

It had about the same affect as a three year old going into a sweetie shop with a toy pistol and demanding a bag of jelly babies.

kev1875
11-05-2014, 01:00 AM

It had about the same affect as a three year old going into a sweetie shop with a toy pistol and demanding a bag of jelly babies.

Do something about it then, with your wisdom of uncringeworthy genius protesting methods.

Emerald
11-05-2014, 01:01 AM

TBF I kind of agree with the protest but this is not the right time. What I don't agree with is a protest of 12 year olds singing sack the board when they wouldn't have a clue what a board even does. That is why it's cringeworthy, does no favours for the club right now. IMO

kev1875
11-05-2014, 01:04 AM
The right time was years ago, but we all stood by and watched it happen, we are no better than the poppy thieves in a way but without the charity theft.

iwasthere1972
11-05-2014, 01:09 AM
Do something about it then, with your wisdom of uncringeworthy genius protesting methods.

Hey steady on there :cb. I didn't say I had grades in protests, I just thought it was that big word you keep repeating

The Green Goblin
11-05-2014, 01:09 AM
The right time was years ago, but we all stood by and watched it happen, we are no better than the poppy thieves in a way but without the charity theft.

No, I really think we are much better than them.

Emerald
11-05-2014, 01:10 AM

There is never a right time but we need to get over the line and stay in the top division. Any distraction from that could be fatal for the club. Having kids outside shouting sack the board at this time is cringeworthy. I hate what is going on right now but for the last two games we need to stick together and make sure we get there. After that you can have a wicker man burning of Rod for all I care but leave it for now.

kev1875
11-05-2014, 01:20 AM
Hey steady on there :cb. I didn't say I had grades in protests, I just thought it was that big word you keep repeating
Unsuitable? Inadequate? *****?

kev1875
11-05-2014, 01:23 AM
There is never a right time but we need to get over the line and stay in the top division. Any distraction from that could be fatal for the club. Having kids outside shouting sack the board at this time is cringeworthy. I hate what is going on right now but for the last two games we need to stick together and make sure we get there. After that you can have a wicker man burning of Rod for all I care but leave it for now.

Fair dos, you seem genuine while others on here seem to be using the situation to score points because their birds hate them.

EdinMike
11-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Can I just say... If you film in Portrait, you should be shot...

Anyway, Hibs !?

ionahibby
11-05-2014, 01:53 AM
As I've said before I'm annoyed we are in this position but the fans who protested should be ashamed of themselves embarrsing to the club and I don't want to be associated with those cretins! Ps well done grant stott!!

Hibee-Wylie
11-05-2014, 02:07 AM
The fans protested for a certain reason, watching your team to almost relegation without asking questions isn't true fans. Two wins in 2014 let's get serious about that, that is absolutely embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
11-05-2014, 04:58 AM
Ok, firstly Grant Scott is not only a top notch Hibee, he's a top notch man. He's been a family friend of ours since I was a baby, a true gent, and well done to him for coming out to speak to fans.

Now the protest videos. It's hard watching the clips of the young boys at the front jumping up and down clapping with great big smiles on their faces and laughing while singing 'sake the board'. However, they are YOUNG BOYS, and all they're thinking is 'oooooh a big group of Hibees, yaaas a song, c'moooon this is amazing!' etc. It's immaturity and a lack of understanding of the situation due to age. So as 'cringeworthy' as it is, they are just boys.

I fully support and am glad there was a protest. All the fans making fun of the protesters are very similar to what is actually wrong with our club - a massive softness! A thinking of 'oh how embarrassing.....oh no we're going to be laughed at on Kickback, and in the papers, oh no'. Get a grip!

People would rather come on here and express their concerns with their keyboards rather than their voices!

Vocal and physical actions always have a much better chance of being adhered/acknowledged.

Also, if you think today was a newsworthy protest, just wait and see what the numbers are like after the 2nd leg at Easter Road if it all goes pear shaped at the final whistle.

And lastly, we AREN'T relegated yet! Does it look likely - yes. However it's not confirmed yet, we have one last throw of the dice, well two infact. Again chances are slim, but I'd much rather the players read/received positive words in the build up to one of the most significant game(s) in our history than pure hated/negativity.

marinello59
11-05-2014, 06:40 AM
Few fans stayed well over two hours after the match finished. Fans demanded Petrie/Butcher would come out and say something but nothing happened, too scared. This is their team and too scared to face the fans after that.

Do you think any sort of balanced discussion would have taken place. The 'demands' of the protesters changed about 5 times in a couple of minutes. There was no clear indication at all as to what they actually wanted other than 'answers' .
There is a need for some sort of protest after this season is played out, no matter what the outcome is. It needs to have clear aims though or it will acheive nothing.

SlickShoes
11-05-2014, 06:50 AM

Away you go, any distraction would be a godsend because we have consistently backed this dismal team and they seem devoid of being able to gib us anything back. Now is the time to vent and let them know we are embarrassed by them, they have let us down.

If you think that the fans supporting the team will all of a sudden motivate these losers then you are deluded.

SlickShoes
11-05-2014, 06:53 AM
As I've said before I'm annoyed we are in this position but the fans who protested should be ashamed of themselves embarrsing to the club and I don't want to be associated with those cretins! Ps well done grant stott!!

Cretins? Get a grip mate.

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Fair play to Grant Stott for actually coming out and facing that. He's in a difficult position as he can't really criticise the board or he'll not be allowed in corporate at ER again.

If the worst happens and we lose the playoffs then there really needs to be an organised protest with constructive questions asked. None of this "he's goat tae go ken" cause that won't make a difference to the people at the top.

Hopefully some hibees on here can think of ideas about how we'd go about it :agree:

fair play grant stott for coming out and talking sense.

i see he was met with the standard issue fans CV ie this is how long I have supported hibs for etc etc

Weir7
11-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Fair play to stotty.
I find your post pretty embarrassing.

These clips were along time after the game. Lots of older adults were there after the game. Hardcore home and away fans.

How old in your opinion do you have to be to protest?

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2014, 07:07 AM
I find your post pretty embarrassing.

These clips were along time after the game. Lots of older adults were there after the game. Hardcore home and away fans.

How old in your opinion do you have to be to protest?

Do you honestly think the kids down the front even know what they are singing about??

Weir7
11-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Do you think any sort of balanced discussion would have taken place. The 'demands' of the protesters changed about 5 times in a couple of minutes. There was no clear indication at all as to what they actually wanted other than 'answers' .
There is a need for some sort of protest after this season is played out, no matter what the outcome is. It needs to have clear aims though or it will acheive nothing.
Demands were clear petrie and butcher out

Weir7
11-05-2014, 07:12 AM

In my opinion these cringeworthy comments made by so called fans are just as responsible for the demise of our club. They accept rubbish and slab people that want better for hibs

Chris.igoe
11-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Looked like a bunch of silly laddies to me .
Yes we are in pain but we are not down yet. I really think butcher should stay until next season.

Weir7
11-05-2014, 07:15 AM
Do you honestly think the kids down the front even know what they are singing about??

Yes. Are they not allowed to be there.

I see you didn't answer question but happy to slag people off

matty_f
11-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Fair play to stotty.

Especially when all they're doing is shouting abuse at folk.

wearethehibs
11-05-2014, 07:29 AM
I was there for about 10 minutes but left as soon as Butcher out chants started, cause sacking our managers has worked so well in the past.

After seeing those videos Im glad I left, even though Kev won't like this, I was cringing at those videos.

hibbydog
11-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Everyone had their right to protest and express their opinion.

But it's little wonder that Petrie or Butcher didn't come out when you hear the language that was being used and you see 12 year old laddies jumping up and down.

Its not like the board are up there thinking everything is hunky dory until they see the mob outside?

Protests like that are never going to result in a reasoned debate or get anything resolved.

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Yes. Are they not allowed to be there.

I see you didn't answer question but happy to slag people off

Slag people off? Is that not what the wee laddies are doing?

jeffers
11-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Whether folk agree with the protest or not claiming it was just a bunch of silly wee laddies is way off the mark. There were a good few hundred fans outside making it clear to both the board and management that what has happened to us is not acceptable.

I don't know what the answer is but at least these fans were doing something and folk coming on here slagging them off are way out of order.

matty_f
11-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Whether folk agree with the protest or not claiming it was just a bunch of silly wee laddies is way off the mark. There were a good few hundred fans outside making it clear to both the board and management that what has happened to us is not acceptable.

I don't know what the answer is but at least these fans were doing something and folk coming on here slagging them off are way out of order.

The thing is, any protest is undermined when you've got folk shouting "speak ya wa**er", or trying to start a "You Hearts ba***rd" chant at the guy with the megaphone.

That's not protesting, that's being an utter dick. Nothing constructive in it at all.

I have no complaints with people protesting but there needs to be a purpose, Stott was right - Petrie's on his way, what's the point in singing a song about it now. The change is coming. I still don't think Butcher should be sacked as well, so can understand the club wanting to get some return on what was a hefty investment rather than going through the "sack the manager cycle" again.

mentalhibee
11-05-2014, 08:07 AM
It all kicked off when a Hibs official came out to confront about five hibs fans standing at the barriers straight after the game, another fan came out of nowhere and went absolutely ape hitting the barrier, screaming in his face etc. No idea who the hibs official was but him coming out caused the start of the protest I would say. Looks like it turned into a bit of a farce in the end.

lucky
11-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Ok, firstly Grant Scott is not only a top notch Hibee, he's a top notch man. He's been a family friend of ours since I was a baby, a true gent, and well done to him for coming out to speak to fans.

Now the protest videos. It's hard watching the clips of the young boys at the front jumping up and down clapping with great big smiles on their faces and laughing while singing 'sake the board'. However, they are YOUNG BOYS, and all they're thinking is 'oooooh a big group of Hibees, yaaas a song, c'moooon this is amazing!' etc. It's immaturity and a lack of understanding of the situation due to age. So as 'cringeworthy' as it is, they are just boys.

I fully support and am glad there was a protest. All the fans making fun of the protesters are very similar to what is actually wrong with our club - a massive softness! A thinking of 'oh how embarrassing.....oh no we're going to be laughed at on Kickback, and in the papers, oh no'. Get a grip!

People would rather come on here and express their concerns with their keyboards rather than their voices!

Vocal and physical actions always have a much better chance of being adhered/acknowledged.

Also, if you think today was a newsworthy protest, just wait and see what the numbers are like after the 2nd leg at Easter Road if it all goes pear shaped at the final whistle.

And lastly, we AREN'T relegated yet! Does it look likely - yes. However it's not confirmed yet, we have one last throw of the dice, well two infact. Again chances are slim, but I'd much rather the players read/received positive words in the build up to one of the most significant game(s) in our history than pure hated/negativity.

Great post

jeffers
11-05-2014, 08:16 AM
The thing is, any protest is undermined when you've got folk shouting "speak ya wa**er", or trying to start a "You Hearts ba***rd" chant at the guy with the megaphone.

That's not protesting, that's being an utter dick. Nothing constructive in it at all.

I have no complaints with people protesting but there needs to be a purpose, Stott was right - Petrie's on his way, what's the point in singing a song about it now. The change is coming. I still don't think Butcher should be sacked as well, so can understand the club wanting to get some return on what was a hefty investment rather than going through the "sack the manager cycle" again.

I don't disagree with your first 2 sentences, but those were only a small part of what was going on and shouldn't detract from the fact that fans aren't happy with what is going on and rather than booing at the end of the final whistle are making their feelings clear.

Until I hear Petrie has officially left Hibs for good I will wait and see. If LD is supposed to be running the club then he should have announced at the time he was going. I don't want Butcher sacked either as it would be a big financial hit on our resources but I hope after he is responsible for us being relegated he does the right thing and walks. I could care less what he did at ICT or that he's not been able to sign his own players, his time with us has been an absolute disaster.

Crossgates Hibs
11-05-2014, 08:20 AM

Agree with this 100% also what do we want from a protest? We are getting somebody else to run the club. We got a manager who met approval after Fenlon. At new year being in this position was unthinkable so not spending in the window wasn't really a problem and from what I gather there wasn't cash to burn. We have to give Butcher a couple of windows this is Pats team whom I think would still have us where we are now. Lets just try and get this lot over the line then if not we can do something more effective.

hibbydog
11-05-2014, 08:28 AM

The board and management must be under no illusions that our current predicament is totally unacceptable. A protest only reinforces this.

Whilst the children who were jumping up and down have a right to express their opinion, the adults volleying personal abuse deserve every bit of their slagging off

EH54
11-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Im all for a protest an organised one at that one where we have questions and solutions an image off what we want...We have two games left...Massive games ill be focusing on that and after they two games wether it be in the SPFL or the Championship that is when serious questions should be asked and answered and perhaps a mass organised protest should and I think will be arrange and I for one would no doubt turn up but the way its been gone about just now is just embarrassing but thats only my opinion

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Protest whether its by one fan or 20 fans are futile, but when we start to muster into the 100's then they will start to get noticed, and there will be different points made because of the amount of folk there.

Its taken 7 years for this to happen, we had a few muttering over the last season or two that were ridiculed on here by some. Now we are getting bigger numbers, and of course there will be ALL ages in attendance.

FWIW in my opinion those who are ridiculing these folk are every bit as responsible for the way we are now, accepting this slide into regular relegation battles without so much as a whimper is again in my opinion doing nothing and an acceptance that you are happy with your lot.

Sometimes you have to put your head over the wall and dodge the bullets, saying nothing and backing this lot does not work, players management and owner.

southsider
11-05-2014, 08:40 AM

At least they showed the care about this club. Better than going to the pub and moaning to our mates about how bad we are.

.Sean.
11-05-2014, 08:40 AM
What's embarrassing is not one player, member of management or member of the board coming out and having the balls to face the supporters.

As I've said numerous times, heartless, spineless cowards.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 08:41 AM
What's embarrassing is not one player, member of management or member of the board coming out and having the balls to face the suppor.

As I've said numerous times, heartless, spineless cowards.:top marks

Sneaking out the side door.

EH54
11-05-2014, 08:42 AM
What's embarrassing is not one player, member of management or member of the board coming out and having the balls to face the suppor.

Not sticking up for Petrie here by no means but he is Behind the Goals every game why don't you go up and ask him questions and put him on the spot?

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2014, 08:47 AM
FWIW I'm not criticising a protest. I just think yesterday's looked cringeworthy with the kids at the front all looking like they were having a good time.

matty_f
11-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Protest whether its by one fan or 20 fans are futile, but when we start to muster into the 100's then they will start to get noticed, and there will be different points made because of the amount of folk there.

Its taken 7 years for this to happen, we had a few muttering over the last season or two that were ridiculed on here by some. Now we are getting bigger numbers, and of course there will be ALL ages in attendance.

FWIW in my opinion those who are ridiculing these folk are every bit as responsible for the way we are now, accepting this slide into regular relegation battles without so much as a whimper is again in my opinion doing nothing and an acceptance that you are happy with your lot.

Sometimes you have to put your head over the wall and dodge the bullets, saying nothing and backing this lot does not work, players management and owner.

It's the fans' fault, aye?

Jack
11-05-2014, 08:50 AM
I can't view these videos on my tab but seen some on Facebook earlier.

It seems to me that the kids were there to get souvenirs from the players. In one clip I saw one specifically mentioned getting someones boots (he may have fancied getting a start in the playoffs :-).

All of a sudden they find themselves in the middle of a protest.

iwasthere1972
11-05-2014, 08:51 AM
At least they showed the care about this club. Better than going to the pub and moaning to our mates about how bad we are.

You don't need to be part of a protest group to care about the club. A planned protest might be a good idea but I would rather leave that until our fate is decided in the next couple of weeks. It's been a horrible season to be a Hibs supporter but we're not down yet.

iwasthere1972
11-05-2014, 08:53 AM
FWIW I'm not criticising a protest. I just think yesterday's looked cringeworthy with the kids at the front all looking like they were having a good time.

You do know that using the cringeworthy word is not allowed. :wink:

mmmmhibby
11-05-2014, 08:54 AM

Well, that's the most sensible post av read on this site for ages, I have to agree Blackpool.

theonlywayisup
11-05-2014, 08:55 AM
We are a joke of a club. It is about time we ditched our keyboards and did something about it. Well played to those that turned up to voice their views. Football is a passion! We see the same thing happen at many clubs. Not embarrassing at all. What is embarrassing is the decline of this famous club over the last few years.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2014, 08:58 AM
It's the fans' fault, aye?

Aye it is partly the fans fault, especially those fans who say nowt and keep bending over. If my child kept banging his head against a wall, i'd intervene, i wouldn't sit back and say nothing and continue to watch him do it.

I get supporting the club through thick and thin, did it myself for years. I just don't get how some fans can sit back and back the indefensible, there has to be a time where enough is enough, and happily more and more are seeing sense.

capitals_finest
11-05-2014, 08:58 AM

Good post.

To the post calling Hibs fans in the video cretins.... Disgraceful comment should be removed.

hfc-1875
11-05-2014, 09:06 AM
http://youtu.be/MlQjrPzVRss
http://youtu.be/zVms7va6QzQ
http://youtu.be/B1ziLcmHbUw
http://youtu.be/TkYM8Rxonc0

Wow. Some of they videos are absolutely cringeworthy. Fair play to grant stott though.

hibbiedon
11-05-2014, 09:11 AM
What's embarrassing is not one player, member of management or member of the board coming out and having the balls to face the supporters.

The players had their wives and children with them and for their own safety were ordered not to leave by the main reception. So its not about having balls to face the mob. you now expect these players to give 100% in the play offs given that you have insulted them numerous times in such a heroic fashion The reaction of the mob when the sky camera came out was so sad, they flocked round it and made me cringe that they were wearing Hibs colours

mmmmhibby
11-05-2014, 09:17 AM
The people calling these people cretins are everything that's wrong with our club!!! See if I was a young laddie and was at that game yesterday with my pals, am sure we would've been amongst them. Do not have a pop at young hibs fans!!! These kids have been forced to watch the worst ever hibs team I can remember, its a crying shame. At least I have witnesses some great hibs teams, these kids, well I feel so sorry for them, its a horrible sight to see bairns crying after watching hibs. Its a F$$%@@g travesty!!!!

Stantons Angel
11-05-2014, 09:28 AM

I too am as upset a Hibs supporter as you can get. Im hurt, im angry but im also embarrassed at these videos being put up here and on other sites representing a protest by the Hibs support!

The average age of these "protesters" is around 12 yrs old and does not reflect the way i as a Hibs supporter feel about our predicament.

Anyone looking in to these videos will just laugh, for God's sake have a good look at your selves and think..... just what credibility do you think you have with these protests?

Someone on here said "Petrie/Butcher" are scared to speak to you? Just what chance would they have against a rabble like that? you would all be shouting at once and some of you are young enough not to know what your protesting about?

Yes looking at these videos does make me cringe, cringe with embarrassment not at you but for you !

A rabble like this has no credibility, no purpose of mind, has no answers to the questions the board would no doubt ask you. Whats the use of shouting Petrie get to F__K?

Who are you going to put in his place then? You want the manager out after hounding out Fenlon, most of the support wanted Butcher in and you got him. Over the last few years we have changed manager consistently at the fans request and look at the state we are in!

You want farmer to go, who have you in mind to replace him, someone with the money to spend as freely as you want to? Someone who will take over that £8 million debt of ours and guarantee we live well and prosper on the park too?

If you are going to protest you have to have your own infrastructure mapped out, answers to many questions that will be asked of you. You need solidarity and a huge percentage of the support and yes that includes the 12yr olds, they are Hibs supporters after all! Who is going to talk for you, calling ordinary supporters W"****ers" does you no good and gives you absolutely no credibility at all.

Before you all start firing stones and insults at me............. remember im a Hibs supporter just like you and i dont like the position we are in either AND this is my opinion based on those videos you so proudly posted of your "protest"!

We have one more chance to support our team and get them over the line to safety. Get out and help them, they need you!

If you dont like it protest with your feet............... dont go back! its a choice we all have.

Alan62
11-05-2014, 09:32 AM
It all kicked off when a Hibs official came out to confront about five hibs fans standing at the barriers straight after the game, another fan came out of nowhere and went absolutely ape hitting the barrier, screaming in his face etc. No idea who the hibs official was but him coming out caused the start of the protest I would say. Looks like it turned into a bit of a farce in the end.

We were just leaving the ground when this happened. To be honest, the guy who was screaming and bawling was an absolute disgrace. Even worse, I think he may have had his children with him because he was screaming about having them at the game and how they were crying. Frankly, the whole scenario was excruciatingly embarrassing and the guy himself looked like he had mental issues that went a lot deeper than being traumatised by losing a fitba match.

As for the videos; just as embarrassing. Fortunately, the people who run the club and, indeed, the players we're relying on to dig us out of a hole in the coming weeks, will either avoid watching them or realise that they're just a bunch of simpletons and not representative of the majority of Hibernian supporters.

hibsbollah
11-05-2014, 09:47 AM
All we need is a guy kicking a Russian hat.

Hibs90
11-05-2014, 10:05 AM
It's the personal abuse which is uncalled for tbh.

matty_f
11-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Aye it is partly the fans fault, especially those fans who say nowt and keep bending over. If my child kept banging his head against a wall, i'd intervene, i wouldn't sit back and say nothing and continue to watch him do it.

I get supporting the club through thick and thin, did it myself for years. I just don't get how some fans can sit back and back the indefensible, there has to be a time where enough is enough, and happily more and more are seeing sense.

There's hardly anyone backing the indefensible now, though. The vast majority have recognised the need for change for some time now, including (it seems) Petrie, who has put wheels in the motion to make that change.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 10:09 AM
There's hardly anyone backing the indefensible now, though. The vast majority have recognised the need for change for some time now, including (it seems) Petrie, who has put wheels in the motion to make that change.He's still there, him out the door is the 1st change needed.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2014, 10:10 AM
I too am as upset a Hibs supporter as you can get. Im hurt, im angry but im also embarrassed at these videos being put up here and on other sites representing a protest by the Hibs support!

The average age of these "protesters" is around 12 yrs old and does not reflect the way i as a Hibs supporter feel about our predicament.

Anyone looking in to these videos will just laugh, for God's sake have a good look at your selves and think..... just what credibility do you think you have with these protests?

Someone on here said "Petrie/Butcher" are scared to speak to you? Just what chance would they have against a rabble like that? you would all be shouting at once and some of you are young enough not to know what your protesting about?

Yes looking at these videos does make me cringe, cringe with embarrassment not at you but for you !

A rabble like this has no credibility, no purpose of mind, has no answers to the questions the board would no doubt ask you. Whats the use of shouting Petrie get to F__K?

Who are you going to put in his place then? You want the manager out after hounding out Fenlon, most of the support wanted Butcher in and you got him. Over the last few years we have changed manager consistently at the fans request and look at the state we are in!

You want farmer to go, who have you in mind to replace him, someone with the money to spend as freely as you want to? Someone who will take over that £8 million debt of ours and guarantee we live well and prosper on the park too?

If you are going to protest you have to have your own infrastructure mapped out, answers to many questions that will be asked of you. You need solidarity and a huge percentage of the support and yes that includes the 12yr olds, they are Hibs supporters after all! Who is going to talk for you, calling ordinary supporters W"****ers" does you no good and gives you absolutely no credibility at all.

Before you all start firing stones and insults at me............. remember im a Hibs supporter just like you and i dont like the position we are in either AND this is my opinion based on those videos you so proudly posted of your "protest"!

We have one more chance to support our team and get them over the line to safety. Get out and help them, they need you!

If you dont like it protest with your feet............... dont go back! its a choice we all have.

These protests have got bigger, and one of the reasons why they have happened is because the organised gatherings that Petrie has put together have resulted in the square root of nothing.

He is the master of spin, says a lot but actually says nothing. People are ****ed off, so much so they are gathering in bigger numbers. God forbid we lose the play off.

sauzee6_2
11-05-2014, 10:13 AM

And what would you want a club official to say??

You can write it now "we are all hurting, results have not been as expected, we all want to do well by the club, need to sort this out etc etc."

Followed by the bawbags shouting obscenities or the cowards clamping up when face to face.

What would constructively be achieved by an official coming out?

scuttle
11-05-2014, 10:16 AM

Well said :agree:

coldingham hibs
11-05-2014, 10:20 AM
From what I have seen of the video clip I think it is unfair to say they are all 12 years old, the video only focuses on those at the front and not those behind, where the older guys are more likely to be. I'm sure the guy speaking to Grant said he has supported them for 40 years.

davhibby
11-05-2014, 10:23 AM
I think people need to remember what happened to the players at the protest after the Hearts cup game. Of course nobody would want to come out to such a large group of people who's emotions are running high. Likewise if Petrie or Butcher had come out, would anyone have listened to them? I doubt it.

Kaiser1962
11-05-2014, 10:26 AM

No, I really think we are much better than them.

Its not even close.

WestStandMoaner
11-05-2014, 10:28 AM
We were just leaving the ground when this happened. To be honest, the guy who was screaming and bawling was an absolute disgrace. Even worse, I think he may have had his children with him because he was screaming about having them at the game and how they were crying. Frankly, the whole scenario was excruciatingly embarrassing and the guy himself looked like he had mental issues that went a lot deeper than being traumatised by losing a fitba match.

As for the videos; just as embarrassing. Fortunately, the people who run the club and, indeed, the players we're relying on to dig us out of a hole in the coming weeks, will either avoid watching them or realise that they're just a bunch of simpletons and not representative of the majority of Hibernian supporters.

As been mentioned earlier there was several hundred hibs fans protesting of all ages at one point, I do not agree with giving abuse to players or their wife's or girlfriends. However calling fans simpletons is wrong, its fans like you that are simple. Petrie and co have spent years conning the hibs support and playing on our loyalty, fans have had enough and if they want to protest good on them at least the board now know the ''fans are no longer just going to accept what's on offer

I am astonished so many on here can accept the situation Petrie and Butcher has put us in

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 10:30 AM
TBF I kind of agree with the protest but this is not the right time. What I don't agree with is a protest of 12 year olds singing sack the board when they wouldn't have a clue what a board even does. That is why it's cringeworthy, does no favours for the club right now. IMO

You really think it was just a bunch of 12 years olds that were there.

Phoenix
11-05-2014, 10:30 AM
..... a toddler, probably not even of primary school age, on his dads shoulders being egged on to shout G.T.F., is this what we really want of future fans of our club? Next step, abuse the players from the stand.

Cringeworthy... together with the rest of the foul mouthed youngsters, yes, it was indeed!:confused:

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 10:38 AM

Maybe these young lads at the front were there because there dads were there too, I was there yesterday and there was a lot more noise coming from fans who I see home and away at games every season, we must all be closet yams and cretins for supporting our club and wanting the best for it.

Alan62
11-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Hmm. I've watched the clips and saw the start of it myself. There weren't many bright sparks involved. If people took the time to look at what is happening at the Club, they would see that the board is making changes that will benefit supporters in the long run.

The dafties at the door are the same lot who wanted rid of Pat Fenlon, Yogi and Mixu. They're the ones who believe Leigh Griffiths isn't with us because Petrie wouldn't stump up £100,000. Sure, they pay their money but that doesn't give them the right to abuse folks at their work.

So, yes, they showed themselves to be simpletons. Otherwise, they'd have had some sense of perspective and gone home grumbling and disappointed like the rest of us.

timewilltell
11-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Cringeworthy!! Wee laddies....... Joke!

These she people have no idea....:rolleyes:

WestStandMoaner
11-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Hmm. I've watched the clips and saw the start of it myself. There weren't many bright sparks involved. If people took the time to look at what is happening at the Club, they would see that the board is making changes that will benefit supporters in the long run.

The dafties at the door are the same lot who wanted rid of Pat Fenlon, Yogi and Mixu. They're the ones who believe Leigh Griffiths isn't with us because Petrie wouldn't stump up £100,000. Sure, they pay their money but that doesn't give them the right to abuse folks at their work.

So, yes, they showed themselves to be simpletons. Otherwise, they'd have had some sense of perspective and gone home grumbling and disappointed like the rest of us.

And you know best

HibeeHendo
11-05-2014, 10:56 AM

Like others, I was cringing at the people who were telling a child to shout about something that he probably has no understanding of.

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Fair play to stotty.

Well done Grant Stott .............. maybe he should be chairman.

Yer right mate it is pretty embarrassing that we leave it to a few 12 year olds to lead a protest we should be leading .... One things for sure though ......... If we do ( heaven forbid ) lose the play off it wont be a few 12 year olds outside the stand that day.

Winston Ingram
11-05-2014, 11:03 AM

Tbf they probably have more of a clue than Butcher or Petrie

Alfred E Newman
11-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Watching these videos underlines how pointless these protests are. The sky sports coverage was just as cringe worthy. Young school kids laughing and joking in front of a handful of adult protesters only adds to our embarrassing predicament and I can imagine great hilarity on the other side of the city .
Yes, this can't go on and big changes are needed right through the club but these spontaneous protests are not the way. If you are going to protest do it in an organised fashion and keep the kids away.

Coco Bryce
11-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Fair play to Grant having the ball to say something unlike the other shysters in our club.

Also the kids protesting is a bit embarrassing to say the least obviously to young to go straight to the boozer like us.

Hibee-Wylie
11-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Also why is it that a Hibs fan have to come out and speak to fans and not a representative of the club? If this was another big team an announcer atleast would have been made

mentalhibee
11-05-2014, 12:05 PM
..... a toddler, probably not even of primary school age, on his dads shoulders being egged on to shout G.T.F., is this what we really want of future fans of our club? Next step, abuse the players from the stand.

Cringeworthy... together with the rest of the foul mouthed youngsters, yes, it was indeed!:confused:

The chant is Petrie out, the wee guy doesn't say G.T.F at any point.

ManBearPig
11-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Shocking having a child doing such things. Also equally shocking filming it. As for the plebs shouting personal abuse at players and staff get ypur priorities in order!!! I hope that the board and players realise the vast majority of hibs supporters are still behind the team and realise we have two huge games ahead. (If I was a player and heard group of fans abusing my wife id think twice about setting foot on the pitch agains)

Stantons Angel
11-05-2014, 12:26 PM
These protests have got bigger, and one of the reasons why they have happened is because the organised gatherings that Petrie has put together have resulted in the square root of nothing.

He is the master of spin, says a lot but actually says nothing. People are ****ed off, so much so they are gathering in bigger numbers. God forbid we lose the play off.

i understand what you are saying and i agree but we are all suffering. The numbers turning up at these demos are boosted by more and more youngsters following some of the others like sheep. They get their picture taken and appear in the type of videos we have seen posted here!

Yes Petrie can talk his way out of situations he finds himself in. Thats part of his job after all. If it was someone shouting and bawling at me in my work, id not be answering them either!

I can personally confirm these more organised gatherings you speak of are listened to and there are a few things in the pipe line that have been mutually agreed between those present and the board members who come along. We cannot change what has happened only try to make things better.

Sometimes these affairs too get heated and im glad to say that most are calmed by people in the audience. Shouting and bawling really does not get you listened to any more in an organised gathering either.

I believe everyone has a right to protest at what they find wrong, but they have no credibility, these videos, the sight of a wee lad on his father's shoulders being told what to shout, is really sad and this is how the media see our protests remember.

If it goes wrong in the playoffs and they want to protest then let them get it organised properly and not make a fool of themselves and us doing so.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 12:48 PM
make a fool us doing so.It's the people who are involved with this club that are making fools of us, no the people standing up against it.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 12:55 PM

Stopped reading your post at the bold bit, as it is not true.

Aaron
11-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Stopped reading your post at the bold bit, as it is not true.

Indeed it is not true. I think there were probably about 6 kids in total out of ~100 adults

See photo here:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?283252-Protest-outside-the-main-stand&p=4004960&viewfull=1#post4004960

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2014, 01:14 PM

I don't suppose you and the others saw the Met Chief of Police in Brixton after the verdict on the shooting of that dude (Duggan?) that sparked the London riots? Or White at the door of Ibrox?

You have to judge the mood of the crowd to know whether its worth it. Too many folks watching Big Brother evictions IMO.

There was a Question around what could be done more constructively - well the Hibernian Family do have a forum for dialogue with management (they are anything but faceless if folks would like to turn up there is an open invitation).

Lets not go down the Aberdeen route - rentamob from Smithy must go to Calderwood to oust managers achieving square root of zip.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 01:56 PM

:faf:

Aye you toddle of home and call folk who care about the club simpletons, if you do nothing then nothing will change, you should have come round and said to our faces that we are simpletons instead of sniping behind your computer, get your point over to us bright sparks. :aok:

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Well done Grant Stott .............. maybe he should be chairman.

Yer right mate it is pretty embarrassing that we leave it to a few 12 year olds to lead a protest we should be leading .... One things for sure though ......... If we do ( heaven forbid ) lose the play off it wont be a few 12 year olds outside the stand that day.

This 12 year old thing is now becoming a Hibs.net Fact when it is far from the truth.

500miles
11-05-2014, 01:59 PM

Aye you toddle of home and call folk who care about the club simpletons, if you do nothing then nothing will change, you should have come round and said to our faces that we are simpletons instead of sniping behind your computer, get your point over to us bright sparks. :aok:

He's not suggesting they are simpletons because they love the club, he is suggesting they are simpletons because they chased better managers out the door, and think that we could have got 30 goals a season for £100,000.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Watching these videos underlines how pointless these protests are. The sky sports coverage was just as cringe worthy. Young school kids laughing and joking in front of a handful of adult protesters only adds to our embarrassing predicament and I can imagine great hilarity on the other side of the city .
Yes, this can't go on and big changes are needed right through the club but these spontaneous protests are not the way. If you are going to protest do it in an organised fashion and keep the kids away.

Why, they are the future of the club.

500miles
11-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Why, they are the future of the club.

Well, i'd suggest an atmosphere of shouting, swearing, arguing and the like isn't the best atmosphere for a child, and certainly not one that would make them want to go back to Easter Road any more than the gash football.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 02:05 PM
i understand what you are saying and i agree but we are all suffering. The numbers turning up at these demos are boosted by more and more youngsters following some of the others like sheep. They get their picture taken and appear in the type of videos we have seen posted here!

Yes Petrie can talk his way out of situations he finds himself in. Thats part of his job after all. If it was someone shouting and bawling at me in my work, id not be answering them either!

I can personally confirm these more organised gatherings you speak of are listened to and there are a few things in the pipe line that have been mutually agreed between those present and the board members who come along. We cannot change what has happened only try to make things better.

Sometimes these affairs too get heated and im glad to say that most are calmed by people in the audience. Shouting and bawling really does not get you listened to any more in an organised gathering either.

I believe everyone has a right to protest at what they find wrong, but they have no credibility, these videos, the sight of a wee lad on his father's shoulders being told what to shout, is really sad and this is how the media see our protests remember.

If it goes wrong in the playoffs and they want to protest then let them get it organised properly and not make a fool of themselves and us doing so.

So Rod Petrie buckled to a handful of 12 year old's that forced him to make a statement on the fishy website this morning, C'mon the 12 year olds.

Be assured i am no fool and didn't feel like one yesterday at the West stand after the game yesterday.

Keep burying your head in the sand, this team has relegation written all over it, but lets just be soft touches and bend over as i hand my hard earned money over to the club again.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 02:15 PM
He's not suggesting they are simpletons because they love the club, he is suggesting they are simpletons because they chased better managers out the door, and think that we could have got 30 goals a season for £100,000.

So he is the simpleton.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Well, i'd suggest an atmosphere of shouting, swearing, arguing and the like isn't the best atmosphere for a child, and certainly not one that would make them want to go back to Easter Road any more than the gash football.

Didn't stop me not wanting to go back when i was a 12 year old.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 03:17 PM

So not many bright sparks, but plenty of dafties and simpletons in attendance......What patronising nonsense......Shame you never came over and told me I was a simpleton.....You went home, accepting the hand dealt, I was there expressing my views that the last 4 seasons have been unacceptable.......Still I'm a daftie and simpleton according to you????

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 03:18 PM

Nonsense

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Dear oh dear, precious are we not?

Alan62
11-05-2014, 04:10 PM

Just because you hang around after the match shouting obscenities and scaring the wags doesn't mean you care about the Club more than those who 'toddled off home'. I'm not sniping behind my computer either. Happy to repeat the same things in the flesh. There's nothing bright or clever about shouting 'sack the board', 'sack the manager', 'Petrie must go' or whatever. It's clear the Club has a number of problems and that they're trying to address those problems. What's your suggestion?

So he is the simpleton.

Ouch. You got me there.

So not many bright sparks, but plenty of dafties and simpletons in attendance......What patronising nonsense......Shame you never came over and told me I was a simpleton.....You went home, accepting the hand dealt, I was there expressing my views that the last 4 seasons have been unacceptable.......Still I'm a daftie and simpleton according to you????

Baldy, you may not be a daftie or a simpleton. But if you were behaving like those that clearly were, then I'm afraid the jury's oot on you. I'm not 'accepting the hand dealt' (whatever that's supposed to mean. I support my Club in the only way I can - buying my season ticket, cheering the team, encouraging others to do so. I also understand how difficult it is to run a successful football club with very limited income.

Anyway, why don't you two put forward your agenda for change at Easter Road. Make it realistic based on the kind of income that the Club generates and the overheads that it already has. The figures are in the public domain, it shouldn't take you too long to knock up a credible plan. Base it on whatever it was you were demanding at the West Stand door on Saturday afternoon.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Just because you hang around after the match shouting obscenities and scaring the wags doesn't mean you care about the Club more than those who 'toddled off home'. I'm not sniping behind my computer either. Happy to repeat the same things in the flesh. There's nothing bright or clever about shouting 'sack the board', 'sack the manager', 'Petrie must go' or whatever. It's clear the Club has a number of problems and that they're trying to address those problems. What's your suggestion?

Ouch. You got me there.

Baldy, you may not be a daftie or a simpleton. But if you were behaving like those that clearly were, then I'm afraid the jury's oot on you. I'm not 'accepting the hand dealt' (whatever that's supposed to mean. I support my Club in the only way I can - buying my season ticket, cheering the team, encouraging others to do so. I also understand how difficult it is to run a successful football club with very limited income.

Anyway, why don't you two put forward your agenda for change at Easter Road. Make it realistic based on the kind of income that the Club generates and the overheads that it already has. The figures are in the public domain, it shouldn't take you too long to knock up a credible plan. Base it on whatever it was you were demanding at the West Stand door on Saturday afternoon.

I left the protast after 20 odd minutes, before these videos seem to have been recorded, as it was evident no-one was going to come out to placate the protesters....I also support the Club, at each game, but not prepared to just accept what we have been served up, the last 4 seasons have been appalling.....However, I renewed again for next Year as that is what I do.....

I do not like our present Custodians, and I am delighted to see Leeann Dempster appointed. I have had plenty meetings with the Director's and every single time, I found myself banging my head against a wall. Hopefully this will change, with a CEO who wants to know what our fans feel......As for your last sentence, your clearly think you are some Business guru, that me and the other's are apparently not.....

Alan62
11-05-2014, 04:27 PM
I left the protast after 20 odd minutes, before these videos seem to have been recorded, as it was evident no-one was going to come out to placate the protesters....I also support the Club, at each game, but not prepared to just accept what we have been served up, the last 4 seasons have been appalling.....However, I renewed again for next Year as that is what I do.....

I do not like our present Custodians, and I am delighted to see Leeann Dempster appointed. I have had plenty meetings with the Director's and every single time, I found myself banging my head against a wall. Hopefully this will change, with a CEO who wants to know what our fans feel......As for your last sentence, your clearly think you are some Business guru, that me and the other's are apparently not.....

You do know that the present Custodians appointed Leeann Dempster and that they have an agenda for change?

I'm not saying I'm a business guru. What I am saying is that all the wailing and gnashing of teeth serves no purpose. I'm inviting you to tell anyone following this thread what it is that you want to change and how you suggest it is done within the limitations of Hibernian's finances.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2014, 04:38 PM
You do know that the present Custodians appointed Leeann Dempster and that they have an agenda for change?

I'm not saying I'm a business guru. What I am saying is that all the wailing and gnashing of teeth serves no purpose. I'm inviting you to tell anyone following this thread what it is that you want to change and how you suggest it is done within the limitations of Hibernian's finances.

How do you know this Alan, could all the mumping and moaning not have been the catalyst for this wind of change thats on the way?

HappyHibby93
11-05-2014, 04:39 PM
What a lot of *****, all those videos are pathetic.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2014, 04:40 PM
The next Hibernian Revolution will not be televised...

Billychaotic182
11-05-2014, 04:45 PM
These videos are embarising tbh. I understand why we protest but having a laugh at the megaphone man and a go at Grant made me cringe. Nothing against people who were there but the videos make us look silly

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 04:53 PM

There are too many hangers-on and afraid to speak up to RP on our Board. It was unhealthy.....Glad the decision has been taken to appoint someone with drive and gusto, but make no mistake, I want RP out of our club.....His arrogance and contempt for the fans is beyond belief.

As for your opening sentence more patronising guff from you....

Jack
11-05-2014, 05:02 PM

Its perhaps been previous protests (and other engagement) that have made the board appreciate that their direction of travel was ineffective.

Even in todays statement there's jam tomorrow, as there was in all the previous jam tomorrow statements.

With regard to club finances. Over recent seasons, despite being one of the richest clubs in the league, we have failed to compete with clubs with one quater our income. I don't think its unreasonable for the support to expect our league position to at least reflect our income in the countries top league as opposed to constantly staring into the abyss of the second teir.

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2014, 05:10 PM

I'll try for him:

He wants to change the fact that for 7 years his football club have been a frickin' car crash.

How you do it within the limitations of Hibernians finances is to replace the owners of the club with folk who have at least clue one about how to make the club a success on the field and who have fresh bright ideas about how to attract fans, sponsors and investment. Or even better are able to recognise that if you invest on a decent product on the park the fans, sponsors and cash from TV prize money will follow.

Aberdeen after years of stagnation suddenly realised that and though they lost today the crowd was over 17,000 and their crowds have rocketed this season overall. They have done what I have wanted Hibs to do for years ... took a risk that putting money into the team would pay off.

They could do that because they have an owner who actually supports the club and spends his own money on it.

Alan62
11-05-2014, 05:17 PM
OK. Who are you proposing should put in their personal cash? Aberdeen's substantial investment in players got them third this season. They still have a stadium to rebuild. Not sure how they're fixed for a training centre. How long do you think Stewart Milne should continue to fling his own cash at it?

stanton_4
11-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Fair play to stotty.

The whole episode is totally embarrassing.
We are a f***ing laughing stock and this does eff all to help.
Get this post removed.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 06:47 PM

So what forced Petrie's hand in putting a statement on the fishy site the day after the protest happened or was that just a coincidence.

At no point was i shouting at players wife/girlfriend yesterday but i was asking for the board to step down, it is them that hire the numpties to manage the players.

VPHIBEE
11-05-2014, 07:09 PM

Well said. Spot on. We need to support the club, (not the players, manager or chairman) through the next two games. That is all that matters at the moment. Let's have a post mortem when we know where we will be playing next year.

glenn6270
11-05-2014, 07:28 PM
why not protest
our club is a joke
just got beat by a poor killie team and every other team that comes to E R roll us over but we should lie down and take it
no
time to stand up and be counted
we have been takin this crap since collins left and the so called chairman backed the players time for change

pontius pilate
11-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Question: if we win the play off do we then say right we staydd up put this season behind us and look forward to next season? If we lose the play the scenes will be ugly and will people still come on here and ridicule those that choose to protest? We are all hurting why not let our voices be heard in the second leg we can still support the team but also let our voices be heard by the board

SMAXXA
11-05-2014, 08:45 PM

What would you want them to actually say? For the record the players were advised to park their cars away from the ground over behind the east as the club expected a backlash I'd things didn't turn out like we wanted on the park.

marinello59
11-05-2014, 08:47 PM
What would you want them to actually say? For the record the players were advised to park their cars away from the ground over behind the east as the club expected a backlash I'd things didn't turn out like we wanted on the park.

The club got that one right then.

Stantons Angel
11-05-2014, 09:28 PM
So Rod Petrie buckled to a handful of 12 year old's that forced him to make a statement on the fishy website this morning, C'mon the 12 year olds.

Be assured i am no fool and didn't feel like one yesterday at the West stand after the game yesterday.

Keep burying your head in the sand, this team has relegation written all over it, but lets just be soft touches and bend over as i hand my hard earned money over to the club again.

If you watch those videos that have been posted they show a lot of young boys shouting slogans, there are not many adults featuring in them thus MY impression of the situation.

I too am no fool in any way either, you did what you thought was the right thing to do. Thats your right, but all those videos show are young children and a couple of adults making brief appearances.

This is what the media see, not just me, and you must appreciate that too surely? A lot of the Hibs support laughed and at the protests the Hearts support put on and IMHO ours have been no better?

Burying my head in sand when things go wrong has never been a trait of mine, whats happening has effected me just as much as any Hibs supporter and i dont like it either. It doesnt mean to say i accept it, my hard earned cash has been pumped into this club, in many different ways for over half a century now and just like you i sometimes wonder why i continue to do it!

Lets put the protests, anger and frustrations behind us now and form a solid support around our team, this is the last lifeline we have this season and bickering on here and shouting abuse outside, wont help get us over the line. lets get behind our team?

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 09:33 PM
The club got that one right then.

Did they, defeat should never have been in there thinking, it shouldn't have even been contemplated, 100% focus on winning that game, defeat should never have been mentioned, if the club had any worries they should have got the players to meet at a hotel for pre-brekkie and travel to ER on a coach.

marinello59
11-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Did they, defeat should never have been in there thinking, it shouldn't have even been contemplated, 100% focus on winning that game, defeat should never have been mentioned, if the club had any worries they should have got the players to meet at a hotel for pre-brekkie and travel to ER on a coach.

I ain't gonna bite. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 09:35 PM

Spot on, another example of our losing mentality.....

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 09:38 PM

This.

As a player, you never go into a game thinking that you might lose. The mentality is and always should be "we will win this game".

If it's not, then you should not be on that pitch playing for a professional football club.

marinello59
11-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Spot on, another example of our losing mentality.....

We don't have a losing mentality. It's worse than than that , it's a merely surviving is good mentality. We gave up on the very reason for our existence which is winning games.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 09:43 PM
So the player's cars are moved at half time, to keep the poor lambs out of harms way from the baying for blood public, then some player's decide to go into George Street for a sesh......The irony......

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 09:46 PM
We don't have a losing mentality. It's worse than than that , it's a merely surviving is good mentality. We gave up on the very reason for our existence which is winning games.

Agree, i said on radio recently, that it seems as if football side is an inconvenience, just as long as books are balanced and we are self sustainable.....

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 10:02 PM
I ain't gonna bite. :greengrin

:greengrin

Hibee-Wylie
11-05-2014, 10:02 PM
If you'd been at the protest you'd fully understand the videos instead of sitting on here behind your device slating the people who put the effort in, around 200 fans were there.

SMAXXA
11-05-2014, 10:04 PM
So the player's cars are moved at half time, to keep the poor lambs out of harms way from the baying for blood public, then some player's decide to go into George Street for a sesh......The irony......

Wernt moved at half time it was a pre match directive, would be slightly strange rather than having a half time team talk players grab their keys and nip out to move their car

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Did they, defeat should never have been in there thinking, it shouldn't have even been contemplated, 100% focus on winning that game, defeat should never have been mentioned, if the club had any worries they should have got the players to meet at a hotel for pre-brekkie and travel to ER on a coach.:agree: Getting ready for a loss before a ball is kicked.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Wernt moved at half time it was a pre match directive, would be slightly strange rather than having a half time team talk players grab their keys and nip out to move their car

So nobody else could have mover cars for them? Half time or pre match, still sums up the mentality

Carheenlea
11-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Me and my mate, who have been watching Hibs together for almost 30 years since becoming friends at school found ourselves drawn to the main entrance post match in what was a combination of frustration/anger and helplessness. Where else do we turn? It was ugly, chaotic and we soon realised that nobody who was the subject of the anger would be showing their face, so didn't hang around too long.

The warm reception and applause for a frail, legendary Tommy Preston as he left the ground should put to bed the general assumption on this message board that the congregation consisted solely of "12 year olds". What a man who played his part in putting Barcelona to the sword must make of the shameful decline of our club doesn't really bear thinking about.

SMAXXA
11-05-2014, 10:17 PM
So nobody else could have mover cars for them? Half time or pre match, still sums up the mentality

Who like Tam McCourt? Guys put your car keys on the table we are moving your cars, go find them after the game........unlikely lets be honest.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Who like Tam McCourt? Guys put your car keys on the table we are moving your cars, go find them after the game........unlikely lets be honest.

You are being silly, do you think they would not be told the whereabouts of moved cars???

Right lads, moved all your motor's, but no telling you where they are, so get it roond ye's............

SMAXXA
11-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Me and my mate, who have been watching Hibs together for almost 30 years since becoming friends at school found ourselves drawn to the main entrance post match in what was a combination of frustration/anger and helplessness. Where else do we turn? It was ugly, chaotic and we soon realised that nobody who was the subject of the anger would be showing their face, so didn't hang around too long.

The warm reception and applause for a frail, legendary Tommy Preston as he left the ground should put to bed the general assumption on this message board that the congregation consisted solely of "12 year olds". What a man who played his part in putting Barcelona to the sword must make of the shameful decline of our club doesn't really bear thinking about.

Was one of the highlights of the day, queue a shout from the crown "we could do with players like him" quickly followed up by "aye but I'm his day" :faf:

SMAXXA
11-05-2014, 10:20 PM
You are being silly, do you think they would not be told the whereabouts of moved cars???

Right lads, moved all your motor's, but no telling you where they are, so get it roond ye's............

No I think your being the silly one with a stupid car moving comment, let's be real

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2014, 10:22 PM
No I think your being the silly one with a stupid car moving comment, let's be real

Whatever.....Pre match directive or not, shows we have a losing mentality.....Don't use the car park, because it's easier to get you out back door when you lose.......

Carheenlea
11-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Whatever.....Pre match directive or not, shows we have a losing mentality.....Don't use the car park, because it's easier to get you out back door when you lose.......

:agree: To even contemplate such an action is the action of a loser.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 10:43 PM

Tommy was my dads best man at his wedding, that was the first time i have seen him since my dads funeral and as you say not looking in the best of health, I noticed him sitting in the reception bit and he looked like he couldn't believe what he had just witnessed from the players wearing the famous Hibs top.

Good to see the 12 year old's know there history and recognised TP as he left the main entrance and gave him a nice warm reception as he left along with the applause he was also given too from the cretins simpletons and the young 12 year old's who are the future of the club.

147lothian
12-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Tommy was my dads best man at his wedding, that was the first time i have seen him since my dads funeral and as you say not looking in the best of health, I noticed him sitting in the reception bit and he looked like he couldn't believe what he had just witnessed from the players wearing the famous Hibs top.

Good to see the 12 year old's know there history and recognised TP as he left the main entrance and gave him a nice warm reception as he left along with the applause he was also given too from the cretins simpletons and the young 12 year old's who are the future of the club.

They may well be the future of the club, but the brand Petrie, is stale and backward and doing the club harm! That's why it would be a step forward to remove the brand Petrie from the club and making forward thinking, willing to engage and dynamic

leggeto
12-05-2014, 04:38 PM
This.

As a player, you never go into a game thinking that you might lose. The mentality is and always should be "we will win this game".

If it's not, then you should not be on that pitch playing for a professional football club.

Yes,I don't like it when we have a must win game when every game should be must win games

Pretty Boy
12-05-2014, 05:17 PM
1st time.I have watched the videos so apologies if everything I say has already been covered.

First off any successful protest or push for change has to have clear aims and be well balanced. Making a lot of noise is something Rod et al have learned to deal with very well and he will blow you away in 2 minutes with waffle and politicians answers. Any successful movement needs strong leadership, agreed aims and a well researched alternative.

Secondly shouting at a G4S official and calling him a 'Hearts *******' undermines any protest. It's not funny and what's the point in trying to make your voice heard if you won't let someone answer. It's really no wonder Butcher or Petrie didn't come out if they weren't to be allowed to answer whatever accusations were thrown at them.

I'm not against protest or pushing for change but it has to be coordinated and sensible. Mob rules and shouting and screaming at anyone and everyone will acheive nothing.

silverhibee
12-05-2014, 06:16 PM
1st time.I have watched the videos so apologies if everything I say has already been covered.

First off any successful protest or push for change has to have clear aims and be well balanced. Making a lot of noise is something Rod et al have learned to deal with very well and he will blow you away in 2 minutes with waffle and politicians answers. Any successful movement needs strong leadership, agreed aims and a well researched alternative.

Secondly shouting at a G4S official and calling him a 'Hearts *******' undermines any protest. It's not funny and what's the point in trying to make your voice heard if you won't let someone answer. It's really no wonder Butcher or Petrie didn't come out if they weren't to be allowed to answer whatever accusations were thrown at them.

I'm not against protest or pushing for change but it has to be coordinated and sensible. Mob rules and shouting and screaming at anyone and everyone will acheive nothing.

It has got to start somewhere PB, 15-20 after the yams game then 200+ after the killie game, 2000+ if we don't win the play-off, that's what the club board manager and players have to look forward to if they don't win the play-off, i think the fans have every right to go round to the main stand and show there frustrations to the folk in charge that they are not happy with the way things have went this season, it has been a nightmare and it could get a lot worse in the next couple of weeks.

Your point about G4S, when did it become there job to make a statement on behalf of the club, someone from Hibs should have had the balls to come out and say there would be no statement from the club that day and not hid behind G4S to get them to do the dirty work, i thought we were one big family, or is that just when the club are asking for our money.

It's now in the clubs hands, the fans can only do so much, and we have done it all for them this season and yet they continue to kick us in the hee haws.

Carheenlea
12-05-2014, 07:24 PM

Can`t argue with much of that.

Saturday`s gathering at the main doors was not a protest as such, simply a spontaneous gathering of angry supporters letting off steam who have continually backed the club and have been continually let down. The board, management and players would have known full well the supporters are angry and upset at what has become of the club under their stewardship, and the increased numbers would have done no harm in letting them know that more and more fans are being pushed to the limits of their patience.
Everyone has their own way of letting those in charge know we are not happy. Some fans would argue that some form of boycott is the way, and many have done so, but to many that is an alien concept and withdrawing support is not something they can do. LWT has been an avenue for fans to meet regularly and air views to the representatives from Hibs. Posting strongly opinionated threads and arguing their case on Hibs.net is a way for many. Organised co-ordinated protest is as you say the sensible choice, but for those who gathered on Saturday, shouting and screaming was the only avenue open to them at that particular point in time that enabled them to let their feelings known in the immediate aftermath of another defeat which sealed our fate in the play-off spot.