PDA

View Full Version : Scary Thought

FitbaFolkKen
10-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Hearts get relegated as punishment but have their debt cleared for years of overachievement working outwith their budget. We are going down having lived within our means, years of underachievment and we'll retain our debt.

If we go down with them it will be absolutely criminal.

Eternal Hibbie
10-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Aye, thanks for that. :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

FitbaFolkKen
10-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Aye, thanks for that. :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

A problem shared and all that.....

neil7908
10-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Yup, football really can be a terrible sport at times - remember if we do go down we'll also be joined by this new team called 'The Rangers' that although have only existed for a couple years now, have been able to gained entry to the Scottish pyramid and keep the stadium, training ground etc of a defunct team from a few years back called Rangers.

To be honest, seems to me like this game rewards reckless spending.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Yup, football really can be a terrible sport at times - remember if we do go down we'll also be joined by this new team called 'The Rangers' that although have only existed for a couple years now, have been able to gained entry to the Scottish pyramid and keep the stadium, training ground etc of a defunct team from a few years back called Rangers.

:agree: The more I see things like this happening, the more I am inclined to believe that we should start spending way beyond our means, challenge near the top of the league for a few years, hopefully win the cup, get into Europe consistently before applying for administration and then possible liquidation, come back a few months later as a brand new club but still play under the name "Hibs" at Easter Road and play in the same strips, have no debt and do it all again.

If it's good for Sevco and Hearts then I see no reason why we can't do likewise.

Craig_in_Prague
10-05-2014, 10:06 PM
It all sucks indeed. But Hibs have been on a downward spiral for 6-7 years, had hundreds of "players" through the door, we have been crap since we built that expensive creche, all in all, hopeless, careless "leadership" at a football club that has accepted ridicously low standards at the club.. It would make our past legends turn in their graves.

What have these expensive suit wearers done to OUR club :(

hibbybob
10-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Our fate is still in our own hands!

If it hadn't been for the ****bags 15 point deduction we'd already be ****ed.

Beat Hamilton/Falkirk, learn from our experience this year and perhaps there is some sort of justice.

DH1875
11-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Hearts get relegated as punishment but have their debt cleared for years of overachievement working outwith their budget. We are going down having lived within our means, years of underachievment and we'll retain our debt.

The scary thought, and even as I type this I know its no gonna go down well is that after everything thats happened, we go down with them and they continue to hump us, get promoted and then leave us toiling in the lower division for a good few years.

GreenLake
11-05-2014, 02:52 AM
The scary thought, and even as I type this I know its no gonna go down well is that after everything thats happened, we go down with them and they continue to hump us, get promoted and then leave us toiling in the lower division for a good few years.

Will we be confined to dark, damp dungeons, get regular floggings and be starved for weeks on end as well? :greengrin

Nailrod
11-05-2014, 03:03 AM
Will we be confined to dark, damp dungeons, get regular floggings and be starved for weeks on end as well? :greengrinWe already get regular floggings. And we're starved of victory for weeks on end as well.

Nutmegged
11-05-2014, 03:24 AM

Scary but true, if we go down we'd likely not come back up in the first Season, so that's two years out of the loopnat the earliest, by that time Newco Rangers and Yams could establish themselves as top 4 clubs, we'll be pissing against the wind ASAP.

on another note, if we do go down next Season we could have potentialy 9/10 Edinburgh Derbies next season, 4 in the League, 2 in the Play-Off's, 1in the Ramsdens, 1 in the League Cup and 1 possibly 2 in the Scottish depending on replays

Going by our recent experience in these games thats a scary thought in itself

Mango Man
11-05-2014, 08:51 AM
What else happened the last time we got relegated? they won the Scottish Cup.

This season has that sorta feel, they have somehow come out of this season more positively than Hibs, it's ridiculous. They are a very very lucky club, everything seems to go for them when it comes to Hibs, no idea why, it's just been like that my lifetime, similar size support, stadiums, etc, but they somehow always get the rub of the green, incredible.

Their fans don't deserve it, they really don't.

jakeshibs
11-05-2014, 08:53 AM

made my day even worse!

Michael
11-05-2014, 08:55 AM
The comparisson the Hearts is unfortunate, but...

...when you compare ourselves to the rest of Scottish football, there are not many clubs that can say they've won a trophy in the last 7 years, but we can. We're still better off than many other clubs.

DH1875
11-05-2014, 12:42 PM

...when you compare ourselves to the rest of Scottish football, there are not many clubs that can say they've won a trophy in the last 7 years, but we can. We're still better off than many other clubs.

We are Hibernian FC, ffs. We're no clyde, alloa, hamilton, ross county or raith rovers.
And while am at it, we're no ICT either. Folks banging on about Butcher and how he'll get us to where they are in a few years do my ducking box in. We're twice the club they are :(

Aaron
11-05-2014, 12:46 PM
What else happened the last time we got relegated? they won the Scottish Cup.

We also played our last top flight game that season against Kilmarnock before going down to the 1st division :dizzy::dizzy:

Springbank
11-05-2014, 12:56 PM

Dundee Utd
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
ICT

All getting to finals this season

We've just recorded the lowest points total and fewest goals scored in a division without rangers and with a hearts youth team and Gary Locke.

This is failure on a huge scale and butcher/Malpas will struggle to get top flight coaching positions for a long long time to come

--------
11-05-2014, 01:03 PM

Seems to me that regardless of what's been happening at other clubs, OUR club's being run by incompetents.

And too many Hibs supporters have spent the last 2-3 years riding their high horses about Hearts and Rangers to waken up and take notice of what's been happening at ER.