PDA

View Full Version : vaNISHteroy

theonlywayisup
10-05-2014, 09:41 PM
See you are reading posts on here. Penny for your thoughts!

MyJo
10-05-2014, 09:58 PM
See you are reading posts on here. Penny for your thoughts!

"Thank f*** for hibs"

Piersquared
10-05-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm also a Killie fan and although I'm obviously relieved about the result I thought I'd offer my musings on the game today.

Firstly, I thought we rode our luck with a couple of chances that Hibs had though equally Boyd could have had 4 at the other end. He always looked the difference between the two teams and so it proved with the winner.

The early exchanges were quite what I expected but we held firm and aided by some solid defending and Samson's blatant time wasting we silenced the crowda little. A disjointed game always played into our hands and it helped that we had 5 in midfield as Hibs never really got to grips with our spare man. This lead to long dispairing punts which Ashcroft and Pasca were born to deal with. Not to rub it in but someone like Griffiths would have caused us far more bother with their mobility. It is maybe an indication why we now favour McKenzie partnering Boyd while Heff was allowed to leave.

This is not to suggest that we are the reincarnation of the Brazil 1970 team. Far from it as the least Dutch playing fullback Jeroen Tesselaar showed with his aimless punts into the East Stand! It was only when the game opened up that Slater, Clingan and Eremenko were able to dictate the tempo and again Barbour was a great out-ball at right back.

For Hibs I thought McGivern was shocking and his distribution from deep was a key factor in our win. Hibs should have been able to a lot closer to the byline before crossing the ball as it was too easy to mop up those diagonals he kept playing.

Thankfully we have Boyd and we did score at a good time but the second half was as comfortable as I could have imagined and Hibs will need to show more character if they go a goal down in the play-offs. If Hibs need a win in the second leg I can see either Falkirk or Hamilton adopting similar tactics to ours.

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm also a Killie fan and although I'm obviously relieved about the result I thought I'd offer my musings on the game today.

Firstly, I thought we rode our luck with a couple of chances that Hibs had though equally Boyd could have had 4 at the other end. He always looked the difference between the two teams and so it proved with the winner.

The early exchanges were quite what I expected but we held firm and aided by some solid defending and Samson's blatant time wasting we silenced the crowda little. A disjointed game always played into our hands and it helped that we had 5 in midfield as Hibs never really got to grips with our spare man. This lead to long dispairing punts which Ashcroft and Pasca were born to deal with. Not to rub it in but someone like Griffiths would have caused us far more bother with their mobility. It is maybe an indication why we now favour McKenzie partnering Boyd while Heff was allowed to leave.

This is not to suggest that we are the reincarnation of the Brazil 1970 team. Far from it as the least Dutch playing fullback Jeroen Tesselaar showed with his aimless punts into the East Stand! It was only when the game opened up that Slater, Clingan and Eremenko were able to dictate the tempo and again Barbour was a great out-ball at right back.

For Hibs I thought McGivern was shocking and his distribution from deep was a key factor in our win. Hibs should have been able to a lot closer to the byline before crossing the ball as it was too easy to mop up those diagonals he kept playing.

Thankfully we have Boyd and we did score at a good time but the second half was as comfortable as I could have imagined and Hibs will need to show more character if they go a goal down in the play-offs. If Hibs need a win in the second leg I can see either Falkirk or Hamilton adopting similar tactics to ours.

Very fair assessment mate. Don't mind klie (apart from thar horrible hello hello). Thought we dominated the first half, and the Boyd goal was the only difference.
In the 2nd, killie quite rightly went out to frustrate and it worked. You looked much more comfortable in possession and were able to start controlling the game. We came back near the end but it was too late and we just don't have a match winner.

WestEndHibee
10-05-2014, 11:13 PM

Yeh this is a very true reflection of what I saw too. While we had plenty of territory at the start, you just didn't see the killie defence under much strain. You guys deserved and wanted it more on the day and Boyd just gets goals.

theonlywayisup
11-05-2014, 08:43 AM
It just highlights how easy Hibs are to play against. Keep it tight for the first twenty minutes. Don't worry if Hibs have possession as they will do SFA with it. As Hibs lose control of the game, spaces will start to appear all over the pitch. And goals can be scored against the Hibs defence. The fans will get on the backs of the players, so don't expect Hibs to get back into the game.

Easy Peasy! You don't have to be a Mourhino to spot it!

lucky
11-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Can't remember Boyd having 4 chances though apart from that it's a fair assessment of the game

theonlywayisup
11-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Can't remember Boyd having 4 chances though apart from that it's a fair assessment of the game

No, he did. At least one over the bar. At least one blocked. One goal scored. One past the post.

Tynie01011973
11-05-2014, 09:11 AM
No, he did. At least one over the bar. At least one blocked. One goal scored. One past the post. :agree:

He also had a disallowed goal in the 1st half and in the 2nd half he had a free header at the back post and the chance when forster/nelson ran into each other that mcgivern got back to stop him from scoring as well.

It was scary how much room the two centre halfs gave him in the box :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
11-05-2014, 09:53 AM

his ball distribution has been absolutely deplorable since the latter part of last season, anyway, that's a fair assessment of yesterdays game

greenpaper55
11-05-2014, 10:01 AM

Fair assessment, i thought, the long diagonal ball was so easy to defend for Killie and we could be playing all night and still never score, whatever happened to getting to the byline with defenders facing their own goal, shocking stuff from Hibs.

vanNISHtelroy
11-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Only just seen this thread, had just been flicking through on my phone last night.

I wasn't at the game yesterday unfortunately, volunteer in a charity shop on a Saturday if Killie aren't at home. Was left relying on my brother texting me from the game to let me know what was happening.

He thought that Hibs were all over us for large spells of the game but didn't look dangerous for most of that, and always felt we were just as likely to score as you were. Think he said that your defence seemed to leave Boydie with as much space as he wanted at times, while it was frantic in the Killie box.

Not sure what else, think he is hungover so won't annoy him to find out.

emerald green
11-05-2014, 10:16 AM

Along with fans around me, this has been said repeatedly about Ryan McGivern. It's really interesting to hear this from an opposition supporter. What do they do at East Mains week after week? Can Butcher & Malpas not see these things? Or, are they forced to play what they have got, and either don't want to play more youngsters or feel they are not ready yet?

Gatecrasher
11-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Only just seen this thread, had just been flicking through on my phone last night.

I wasn't at the game yesterday unfortunately, volunteer in a charity shop on a Saturday if Killie aren't at home. Was left relying on my brother texting me from the game to let me know what was happening.

He thought that Hibs were all over us for large spells of the game but didn't look dangerous for most of that, and always felt we were just as likely to score as you were. Think he said that your defence seemed to leave Boydie with as much space as he wanted at times, while it was frantic in the Killie box.

Not sure what else, think he is hungover so won't annoy him to find out.
It was almost sad how much space Boyd got. One of the best poachers in the league got all the space get wanted.

The Leith Dutch
11-05-2014, 12:41 PM
It was almost sad how much space Boyd got. One of the best poachers in the league got all the space get wanted.

The Manager's instructions on marking Boyd should have involved doing it so closely that our centre halfs went into the Killie dressing room and climbed into the same pair of shorts as him.