PDA

View Full Version : Thomson, Hanlon, McPake, Heffernan

MacGruber
10-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Not saying it's a positive from today as there are none but having Heffernan line up for the play-offs with 90 mins under the belt could prove to be a good thing fingers crossed.

Does anyone know if Thomson will be fit? - this is critical to our chances for me.

McPake has to play. The counter argument of not being match fit doesn't outweigh how poor this central pairing is - he's more mobile than Foster and Nelson who combined are a bit one-paced and get caught flat footed too much. Also brings leadership quality and might get a better performance from Jordan alongside. Hope he plays both legs.

You don't know what you've got till it's gone! Hanlon isn't the best defender in the league but he sure is at the club. Missed big time, also a better balance when he's there. Does anybody know if there is a chance he could do a 'Heffernan' for the play-offs?

These 4 fit and functioning would give me a degree of confidence, not much granted.

10-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Absolutely praying that Thompson will be back but looking unlikely considering he wasn't even on the bench today.

Bleeds green
10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I 100 percent agree with the hanlon comment the laddie is probably the biggest miss in the team

jeffers
10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Even if KT is fit I wouldn't count on those clowns selecting him.

18/03/07
10-05-2014, 08:49 PM
To the op, get back to gorgie

Albion Hibs
10-05-2014, 08:49 PM
I 100 percent agree with the hanlon comment the laddie is probably the biggest miss in the team
Agreed. For long enough he got slaughtered on here, when he left the team I think it showed how much work he did / how important he is to the team.

dmc1875
10-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Hanlon and nelson were a decent centre back pairing IMO

TheFamous1875
10-05-2014, 08:53 PM
I was going to make this thread myself, but I was also going to ask if Callum Booth would be eligible to play for us in the playoffs? Every little helps. By all accounts he's had a really good season for Raith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MacGruber
10-05-2014, 08:53 PM
To the op, get back to gorgie

Seriously! :rolleyes:

Bleeds green
10-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Agreed. For long enough he got slaughtered on here, when he left the team I think it showed how much work he did / how important he is to the team.

I would have him on my team sheet before any other defender in the squad IMO only players I would keep next year are hanlon, Harris, forster Stanton and cummins

J-C
10-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Hanlon is out for the season I believe and Thomson is close to being fit, so I'm told, as for Booth I'm fairly sure his loan is up in June.

Broken Gnome
10-05-2014, 08:59 PM
I feel really sorry for Paul Hanlon. He had a shocker against Dundee Utd prior to injury, but to think his team have almost got themselves relegated in the time he's been out and he's been helpless. Sad.

trev the hat
10-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Hanlon is out for the season I believe and Thomson is close to being fit, so I'm told, as for Booth I'm fairly sure his loan is up in June.

Agreed J, seen Thomson outside West today & Booths season long loan I would think ends June 1.