PDA

View Full Version : We cannot, simply cannot, go down with that mob

Hibernia&Alba
10-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Relegation alongside them would be too much. The team have given us nothing this season, so they owe us an escape from such ignominy. Surely they can achieve that much, given what we've endured in he past few years? Allow us at least the satisfaction of looking down upon the maroon morons? Even more importantly, relegation could bring in a downward spiral of cutbacks and inferior players, and this team and this manager have a duty to ensure that doesn't happen, because we wouldn't be back in the top flight anytime soon. I'm not in meltdown mode tonight, but losing the play off would tip me over the edge.

I said on the forum a couple of nights ago that it's often the case a team is relegated having been dragged into the mire very late. Well, it's now do or die. You'd better get us through his, Terence, along with that idiot you call an assistant. 18 games, or whatever it is, without a win is an absolute scandal. Incidentally, how many goals have we scored in all those games?

For the lurkers from the Jumbo Hunchback forum, GIRFUY, we aren't down yet.

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Relegation alongside them would be too much. The team have given us nothing this season, so they owe us an escape from such ignominy. Surely they can achieve that much, given what we've endured in he past few years? Allow us at least the satisfaction of looking down upon the maroon morons? Even more importantly, relegation could bring in a downward spiral of cutbacks and inferior players, and this team and this manager have a duty to ensure that doesn't happen, because we wouldn't be back in the top flight anytime soon. I'm not in meltdown mode tonight, but losing the play off would tip me over the edge.

I said on the forum a couple of nights ago that it's often the case a team is relegated having been dragged into the me very late. Well, it's now do or die. You'd better get us through his, Terence, along with that idiot you call an assistant. 18 games, or whatever it is, without a win is an absolute scandal. Incidentally, how many goals have we scored in all those games?

It's beyond prayers and hopes now I'm afraid!

We are now up against a bunch of players who have a prize to win (a place in the SPFL at our expense), players who know how to fight and scrap for wins, something that we again showed today that we are not conditioned for either mentally or physically!

10-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Relegation would be a nightmare, a complete and utter embarrassment. Like you said, if we go down we wont be back up anytime soon. The championship will be a tough league next season but regardless of where the huns and the diet huns are there or not, with this gutless team we wouldn't be coming up anyway.

If the players have any personal and proffessional pride whatsoever they will give absolutely everything in the playoffs regardless of whether they are leaving in the summer. We have backed the club and stood loyal despite so many humiliations and heart breaks over the years - we at least desereve the same passion from the players.

Hibernia&Alba
10-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Relegation would be a nightmare, a complete and utter embarrassment. Like you said, if we go down we wont be back up anytime soon. The championship will be a tough league next season but regardless of where the huns and the diet huns are there or not, with this gutless team we wouldn't be coming up anyway.

If the players have any personal and proffessional pride whatsoever they will give absolutely everything in the playoffs regardless of whether they are leaving in the summer. We have backed the club and stood loyal despite so many humiliations and heart breaks over the years - we at least desereve the same passion from the players.

I couldn't agree more. They got us into this mess with a shocking sequence of results, so they better get us out of it. Relegation could take years to recover from. There's no hiding place now for the management team and the players.

scuttle
10-05-2014, 08:48 PM

I said on the forum a couple of nights ago that it's often the case a team is relegated having been dragged into the mire very late. Well, it's now do or die. You'd better get us through his, Terence, along with that idiot you call an assistant. 18 games, or whatever it is, without a win is an absolute scandal. Incidentally, how many goals have we scored in all those games?

Agree H&A but fear its too late, we have had 5 cup finals only needing to win one and couldn't manage that . The players body language at the end of the last two games sys it all for me they have done all they can

Onion
10-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Agree with all of this. Going down with the Jambos after everything we've talked, laughed and gloated over would be the ultimate indignity. It's so unbelievably ironic, can't help but find it funny.

We're always saying, it's the Hibs way, but relegation with the Yams this season would top anything that's ever gone before.

GreenLake
10-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Agree with all of this. Going down with the Jambos after everything we've talked, laughed and gloated over would be the ultimate indignity. It's so unbelievably ironic, can't help but find it funny.

We're always saying, it's the Hibs way, but relegation with the Yams this season would top anything that's ever gone before.

It is unthinkable and although avoidable it seems inevitable.:worried: