PDA

View Full Version : unity for now. uproar in summer. boycott/protest for next season if necessary

madhatter
10-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Whether you're going to the playoffs or not (I'm unlikely to after all this tbh) we need to stick together on here at least. Stop this if Fenlon was around rubbish. Don't criticise fans for protesting, they are hurting and dealing with it their way. Stop defaulting to apathy where possible because this rubs off and can spread. Stop stating that fans suggesting a change should present an action plan, especially if you badmouth a player on here (why do this without a full blown backup plan on the lineup?). Same thing.

After the playoffs we need to get something organised: protest, petition for fan input or Petrie resignation, petition for a structured fan input/ownership scheme, a barrage of written inquiries sent to the club. You name it really.

Whether we stay up or go down, After we have stuck together and backed the club over the playoffs, we need to take some of the actions above to get us rolling in the right direction and to stop this Ouroboros effect. Do not forget the club over the summer, no change will happen if you do this!

10-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Whether you're going to the playoffs or not (I'm unlikely to after all this tbh) we need to stick together on here at least. Stop this if Fenlon was around rubbish. Don't criticise fans for protesting, they are hurting and dealing with it their way. Stop defaulting to apathy where possible because this rubs off and can spread. Stop stating that fans suggesting a change should present an action plan, especially if you badmouth a player on here (why do this without a full blown backup plan on the lineup?). Same thing.

After the playoffs we need to get something organised: protest, petition for fan input or Petrie resignation, petition for a structured fan input/ownership scheme, a barrage of written inquiries sent to the club. You name it really.

Whether we stay up or go down, After we have stuck together and backed the club over the playoffs, we need to take some of the actions above to get us rolling in the right direction and to stop this Ouroboros effect. Do not forget the club over the summer, no change will happen if you do this!

:top marks

Well said, big focus just now is keeping ourselves in the SPL. The post mortum can come after and the action for changes made after but now lets just rally together, support the team and do everything we can to help the team.

theonlywayisup
10-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Yes, one last final let-down......oops sorry effort.

Wake up, we are Donald Ducked. Time to start the protest. I'm definitely revolting!

trev the hat
10-05-2014, 08:40 PM

So your unlikely to go to the play offs but we've all to not forget the club in the summer.
After we've stuck together & backed the club over the playoffs.
Are u Nick Clegg ???

madhatter
Yes, one last final let-down......oops sorry effort.

Wake up, we are Donald Ducked. Time to start the protest. I'm definitely revolting!

Did you read my post properly? I stated we need to stay together in terms of not attacking each other on here - "Wake up" hmm, not sure this is really befitting but fair enough. I'm actually personally with you in terms of probably not going along to the Playoffs because I feel desperately let down. However, I will not judge those that are going - I think whatever people are doing now, we need to chill off a bit and make sure that we all agree on taking action together in the summer. Some may be starting now, some will be taking the "back the team" stance - whatever you are doing, so be it. Just make sure whatever you are doing eventually leads you to helping this club move forward in the summer and into next season.

We cannot continue like this. This is untenable.

Scottie

Sensible post mate given your name :greengrin

The post mortam can start the day after the play off.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
So your unlikely to go to the play offs but we've all to not forget the club in the summer.
Are u Nick Clegg ???

I've been to every single home game this season and I don't have a ST so in actual fact I've spent more this season on going along. I also won't stop thinking about Hibs over the summer. However, clearly the sentiment in my post is not being understood or is just being shot down as usual.

I'm past caring what you think so you know what, I'm Nick Clegg, I'm a Jambo, I'm a mad hatter, I'm whatever you want to call me. I was considering responding in kind but there is no point for 2 reasons - 1 it would undermine the sentiment I put out, 2 I've given up reasoning with some people here.

theonlywayisup
10-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Did you read my post properly? I stated we need to stay together in terms of not attacking each other on here - "Wake up" hmm, not sure this is really befitting but fair enough. I'm actually personally with you in terms of probably not going along to the Playoffs because I feel desperately let down. However, I will not judge those that are going - I think whatever people are doing now, we need to chill off a bit and make sure that we all agree on taking action together in the summer. Some may be starting now, some will be taking the "back the team" stance - whatever you are doing, so be it. Just make sure whatever you are doing eventually leads you to helping this club move forward in the summer and into next season.

We cannot continue like this. This is untenable.

I however will be their fully backing my team on the 25th, but fully expecting my team to get relegated.

No matter how much we try to motivate our team, they are doomed! I tell you, doomed.

We are Donald Ducked.

Hiber-nation
10-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Are u Nick Clegg ???

Exactly. Posting supportive messages on here but boycotting the play-offs? Don't get that.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 08:56 PM
I however will be their fully backing my team on the 25th, but fully expecting my team to get relegated.

No matter how much we try to motivate our team, they are doomed! I tell you, doomed.

We are Donald Ducked.

I beg to differ with regards to us being down but I can't (currently) bring myself to consider going to the playoffs. However, as a fellow Hibs fan I respect what you think, as in all honesty, logically it is difficult to reason against.

Hibeesmad
10-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Only if there is a multi millionaire out there willing to buy the club and actually make an attempt to make the club succeed

madhatter
10-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Exactly. Posting supportive messages on here but boycotting the play-offs? Don't get that.

That is what everyone is taking from my post, jeez...

This truly is a witch hunt. Give it a rest. I said "unlikely" and it's the same day as we lost against Killie. Did I say boycotting the play-offs? No, I said I might not go - is that the same as a boycott, no...

You know what I truly don't get. People on here want to lay into each other looking for the negatives in what people type and they are wanting them flayed on an open fire. You would honestly think that 50% of this forum are Hibs fans and 50% are Hearts fan given the non-stop witch hunt.

I post something positive about staying together on here at the very least and said I'm unlikely to go to the playoffs at the moment and out of the entire post at least 2 people have just taken the fact I'm not going to the playoffs...

Hiber-nation
10-05-2014, 09:05 PM
That is what everyone is taking from my post, jeez...

This truly is a witch hunt. Give it a rest. I said "unlikely" and it's the same day as we lost against Killie. Did I say boycotting the play-offs? No, I said I might not go - is that the same as a boycott, no...

You know what I truly don't get. People on here want to lay into each other looking for the negatives in what people type and they are wanting them flayed on an open fire. You would honestly think that 50% of this forum are Hibs fans and 50% are Hearts fan given the non-stop witch hunt.

I post something positive about staying together on here at the very least and said I'm unlikely to go to the playoffs at the moment and out of the entire post at least 2 people have just taken the fact I'm not going to the playoffs...

Why are you "unlikely" to go if you want to be so supportive on here? No witch hunt, just wondering....

madhatter
10-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Why are you "unlikely" to go if you want to be so supportive on here? No witch hunt, just wondering....

Because I've shelled out a considerable amount of my hard earned cash and it will cost once again to go through nothing less than an ordeal. It is not by any means a certainty. Why does this coincide with being so supportive on here? Well, please take a look at most posts here - the hostility amongst fans of the same club is horrendous. On top of that - look at how my post has been analysed, I may have a funeral to attend to when the playoffs are being played etc and the fact I'm not there is jumped on and slated. Rather than the rest of the post which was largely positive.

I only joined this forum 3-4 weeks ago because previously I thought it'd just be a waste of time with people being keyboard warriors and it has proven nothing less. Since I joined I've been called Nick Clegg, a Jambo many many times, I've been told GTF many times and most of these originating from posts where I said Petrie needed to go and change had to be made.

I'm increasingly finding fans on here are happy to dish it out to fellow fans - "you're turning your back on the team if you protest" etc. And yet largely unwilling to put pressure on the club. I do not judge this stance but the dishing it out to fellow fans has to stop. The posts on this forum have proven very vile most of the time.

Hiber-nation
10-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Because I've shelled out a considerable amount of my hard earned cash and it will cost once again to go through nothing less than an ordeal. It is not by any means a certainty. Why does this coincide with being so supportive on here? Well, please take a look at most posts here - the hostility amongst fans of the same club is horrendous. On top of that - look at how my post has been analysed, I may have a funeral to attend to when the playoffs are being played etc and the fact I'm not there is jumped on and slated. Rather than the rest of the post which was largely positive.

I only joined this forum 3-4 weeks ago because previously I thought it'd just be a waste of time with people being keyboard warriors and it has proven nothing less. Since I joined I've been called Nick Clegg, a Jambo many many times, I've been told GTF many times and most of these originating from posts where I said Petrie needed to go and change had to be made.

I'm increasingly finding fans on here are happy to dish it out to fellow fans - "you're turning your back on the team if you protest" etc. And yet largely unwilling to put pressure on the club. I do not judge this stance but the dishing it out to fellow fans has to stop. The posts on this forum have proven very vile most of the time.

It's not that bad on here! If you're getting abuse there is a report post function.