PDA

View Full Version : Keep Calm

Expecting Rain
10-05-2014, 06:53 PM
We do things in the correct manner, those who represent the club, owner, director, managerial staff, players and last but certainly not least the fans support and represent the cause. Keep the faith, we have two games left to sustain our position in the SPL, if not we will compete with teams that have left a trail of debt which equals millions and no matter what they say in defence of their respective clubs, we know the truth and the reality.:flag:

Nailrod
11-05-2014, 02:57 AM
We do things in the correct manner, those who represent the club, owner, director, managerial staff, players and last but certainly not least the fans support and represent the cause. Keep the faith, we have two games left to sustain our position in the SPL, if not we will compete with teams that have left a trail of debt which equals millions and no matter what they say in defence of their respective clubs, we know the truth and the reality.I don't think they're too bothered about saying anything in defence of their respective clubs at the moment Jack. They're having too much fun taking the piss out of ours.

AlbertK86
11-05-2014, 07:31 AM
I don't think they're too bothered about saying anything in defence of their respective clubs at the moment Jack. They're having too much fun taking the piss out of ours.

And you will never convince them the cup wins and dominance over our strictly run tight ship was anything other than fantastic fun along the way

They've certainly had far more to gloat about than us

But for all the Petrie lovers on here with their quotes of. But but but is a great business man... Look how much money he made and saved to build a stadium and training ground I will say again

That was our fantastic youth set up that paid for all that not anything to do with Rod being a fantastic business man

And

Deep down if it was the other way round as a fan you would definitely take the cup wins and humiliations over your biggest rivals as opposed to having a tightly run ship and probably end up with the same net result IE relegation

Mixu62
11-05-2014, 08:03 AM
The yams punishment for years of spending millions they didn't have is relegation. Hibs reward for years of frugality is.....tbc.

bobbyhibs1983
11-05-2014, 08:27 AM
We do things in the correct manner, those who represent the club, owner, director, managerial staff, players and last but certainly not least the fans support and represent the cause. Keep the faith, we have two games left to sustain our position in the SPL, if not we will compete with teams that have left a trail of debt which equals millions and no matter what they say in defence of their respective clubs, we know the truth and the reality.:flag:

i hope you dont mind my saying jack frost but in the last 5 games or so, all i feel we had to do is WIN one or two games and we did not manager that. do you feel we can manager to win atleast one of the two games?

as i have said in another thread, the team who we will face WOULD be winning games and BE scoring goals, whilst WE have not in recent games.

Leith Green
11-05-2014, 09:32 AM
The comical thing here is that this was meant to be the time we prospered, Rangers and Hearts demise would see our years of tightness pay off...

What a laugh that looks, we are heading for the same division in a far bigger mess and require far more change..

Well done Rod and all concerned!

Expecting Rain
11-05-2014, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=bobbyhibs1983;4007635]i hope you dont mind my saying jack frost but in the last 5 games or so, all i feel we had to do is WIN one or two games and we did not manager that. do you feel we can manager to win atleast one of the two games?

as i have said in another thread, the team who we will face WOULD be winning games and BE scoring goals, whilst WE have not in recent games.[/QUOTE

Bobby, I'm not that excited about being in either the SPL or the Championship next season but the point I am making is that I can never take Hearts or The Rangers seriously anymore.
Yes I think we can win the play offs.

147lothian
14-05-2014, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=bobbyhibs1983;4007635]i hope you dont mind my saying jack frost but in the last 5 games or so, all i feel we had to do is WIN one or two games and we did not manager that. do you feel we can manager to win atleast one of the two games?

as i have said in another thread, the team who we will face WOULD be winning games and BE scoring goals, whilst WE have not in recent games.[/QUOTE

Bobby, I'm not that excited about being in either the SPL or the Championship next season but the point I am making is that I can never take Hearts or The Rangers seriously anymore.

You are an Ostrich Jack, your not willing to see that it was your man Petrie who got us into this mess by not providing any more funds even after reaching two successive cup finals, running a tight ship at a big city club, so tight that it puts us in a position where were fighting relegation year after year isn't a good business plan. Its taking the fans for granted, you are one of the dwindling few who thinks everything is just fine about the way our club is being run, when it clearly isn't!

Franck Stanton
14-05-2014, 03:30 PM
And you will never convince them the cup wins and dominance over our strictly run tight ship was anything other than fantastic fun along the way

They've certainly had far more to gloat about than us

But for all the Petrie lovers on here with their quotes of. But but but is a great business man... Look how much money he made and saved to build a stadium and training ground I will say again

That was our fantastic youth set up that paid for all that not anything to do with Rod being a fantastic business man

And

Deep down if it was the other way round as a fan you would definitely take the cup wins and humiliations over your biggest rivals as opposed to having a tightly run ship and probably end up with the same net result IE relegation

Well said that man

Jones28
15-05-2014, 08:12 AM

I can take a Hearts team that has beaten us 4 out of 5 times this season seriously enough.

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2014, 08:19 AM
looks like jack is getting a frosty reception

Expecting Rain
15-05-2014, 09:07 AM
To fellow Hibees and detractors i offer this humble reply, regardless of the views from over the other side of the city they will be known forever as the team that has cheated its way through the last three decades, they along with their cousins have shown no remorse and if the SFA had done what they were supposed to do both clubs would have been kicked out of the league and stripped of their titles and cups. In this country we can`t afford that sense of justice and so we have to continue in the knowledge that the rules will always be bent.
Back to Hibs, the future is in the development of youngsters at East Mains, the biggest mistake we have probably made is not signing good ex-pros, rather we have gone down the road of replacing like for like and gradually becoming worse in the process, the benefits of bringing players like Barry Robson for example would be that it would guide our younger talent in the right direction, three or four players of this ilk would reap dividends in the future.
Lastly i am not an apologist for Rod Petrie or Tom Farmer, i do believe though that they have always had the best intentions for the club, there is no way on earth that they are trying to fail, alas the days of european glory nights seem a million miles away but they must seem that way for all the clubs apart from Celtic who can still throw a lot of cash at their ambitions. I use to be one of the biggest critics on this forum but having watched the decline of the two clubs i mentioned earlier and in the manner which it has been received by their respective supporters and the biased media i could not possibly vent any more anger towards Hibs. I will support them from now on in the hope that things will get better, to what extent i do not know, what i do know is that negativity gets you nowhere, it is my opinion and my opinion only, its alright ma, i`m only bleeding.

Michael
15-05-2014, 09:17 AM
I keep forgetting that there's still a a chance we might not go down. I just can't see us winning the play-off though. We're shocking. But, I've long accepted this to be the case so I'm perfectly calm! :aok:

Expecting Rain
15-05-2014, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=Jack Frost;4008596]

You are an Ostrich Jack, your not willing to see that it was your man Petrie who got us into this mess by not providing any more funds even after reaching two successive cup finals, running a tight ship at a big city club, so tight that it puts us in a position where were fighting relegation year after year isn't a good business plan. Its taking the fans for granted, you are one of the dwindling few who thinks everything is just fine about the way our club is being run, when it clearly isn't!han an

I`ve been called and called people worse things things than an Ostrich, i`m just trying to be a bit more realistic these days, the alternative to our present predicament which begins with a big C is not an option, neither will i be ecstatic if we survive the play-offs, i`ll just exist and be there hoping it gets better and for what it is worth i think it will.

eggbamyasi
15-05-2014, 10:22 AM

Totally disagree ! I would never ever take what hearts have done over our situation . And I also think its a pretty pathetic way of thinking .tbh I find it embarrassing that some hibs fans think that at all . Poor poor show indeed .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
15-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Totally disagree ! I would never ever take what hearts have done over our situation . And I also think its a pretty pathetic way of thinking .tbh I find it embarrassing that some hibs fans think that at all . Poor poor show indeed .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

LOL I am not saying I would take it either but I have been watching Hibs for nearly 50 years the last 30 years of derbies has been a very humiliating experience, Hearts have now won more derbies at ER than Hibs have. Hearts fans have had lots and lots of fun at our expense and even in some of their darkest days they are still able to laugh at our expense.