PDA

View Full Version : 6TH Best Defence ?

skipster7
10-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Rightfully our defence has taken some flack this season but the final table shows despite appearing murder there are 6 teams who have lost more goals.If we'd even averaged 1 goal a game we would be safe. I remember arguing that we weren't a one man team with LG and whoever his replacement was would chip in at least 10-15 goals :greengrin and the rest would be shared through the team. What a load of p**h that was. Chronic hoofball - minimal scoring opportunities :boo hoo:

theonlywayisup
10-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Rightfully our defence has taken some flack this season but the final table shows despite appearing murder there are 6 teams who have lost more goals.If we'd even averaged 1 goal a game we would be safe. I remember arguing that we weren't a one man team with LG and whoever his replacement was would chip in at least 10-15 goals :greengrin and the rest would be shared through the team. What a load of p**h that was. Chronic hoofball - minimal scoring opportunities :boo hoo:

Just what I was thinking. Our defence gets slated because we give away one soft goal per game. But if we had a good goalscorer it would not be a problem. We just don't look like scoring.

skipster7
10-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Just what I was thinking. Our defence gets slated because we give away one soft goal per game. But if we had a good goalscorer it would not be a problem. We just don't look like scoring.
1-0 Hibs over the 2 legs with a headed goal from a set piece :agree:

theonlywayisup
10-05-2014, 07:07 PM
1-0 Hibs over the 2 legs with a headed goal from a set piece :agree:

Drug watch

Sir David Gray
10-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Defensively we're not too much of a problem, in terms of keeping the ball out of the net. However our defenders are horrendous at their distribution of the ball.

We have conceded fewer goals this season than in any of the previous four seasons, including season 09-10 when we finished fourth.

Our biggest issue, as if it needs to spelled out, is at the other end of the park as we have just scored our lowest amount of goals in any league season for 23 years.

Our inability to put the ball in the back of the net, particularly since the turn of the year, is shocking.

dmc1875
10-05-2014, 07:12 PM
We will concede a goal a game which isn't that bad in grand scheme of things.. until you pair that with our attack!

R'Albin
10-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Defensively we're not too much of a problem, in terms of keeping the ball out of the net. However our defenders are horrendous at their distribution of the ball.

We have conceded fewer goals this season than in any of the previous four seasons, including season 09-10 when we finished fourth.

Our biggest issue, as if it needs to spelled out, is at the other end of the park as we have just scored our lowest amount of goals in any league season for 23 years.

Our inability to put the ball in the back of the net, particularly since the turn of the year, is shocking.

:agree:

Teams don't need to score more than one goal, they can just sit back and be safe in the knowledge that we're unlikely to hit one back. Still, I'll take this as some sort of positive, as we could certainly do with some of them.