PDA

View Full Version : How much will Rod Petrie charge us for the play off?

mcfly
10-05-2014, 06:17 PM
He should not charge season ticket holders anything in my view.

I think in the past 2 seasons we have won 7 or 8 league games at home so all of us have paid enough and suffered enough not to be charged again.

I also think the board and management must now be in panic mode.

I believe there was a protest today and I'm not sure of numbers but if we do go down it will get much much worse.

So rod free entry for season ticket holders and £5 max for walk ups. You need a full house

Jones28
10-05-2014, 06:19 PM
If he's got any sense he won't charge a penny for it.

nellio
10-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Club relies on gate receipts for income, however charging anything over say a tenner would mean that a lot of people wouldn't go. Season ticket holder have really suffered this year so should be given free entry IMO.

DaveF
10-05-2014, 06:22 PM

This is Petrie we are talking about here. ST holders will be paying.

3pm
10-05-2014, 06:22 PM

Onceinawhile
10-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Are hibs in charge of setting pricing or is it a decision between the clubs?

Kojock
10-05-2014, 06:26 PM

Why should season tickets be valid for the play offs it's not a league game. To me it should be treated as a cup tie and only people who purchased the cup top up should be given free entry.

Beefster
10-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Why should season tickets be valid for the play offs it's not a league game. To me it should be treated as a cup tie and only people who purchased the cup top up should be given free entry.

It's an extension of the league campaign. It's got heehaw to do with the cups.

I've got a top-up but I'd be even more annoyed if they let top-ups in and not STs than I would be if they just made everyone pay.

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2014, 06:29 PM
If its in the clubs hands nothing for ST holders and £5 for everybody else. Anything more would be a bloody insult.

Nutmegged
10-05-2014, 06:31 PM
I'd say Petrie might look at doing some kind of deal here, say 10 quidif purchased before the first leg and 15 aafter, this might cover his backside incase the first leg kills us.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
10-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Decent question. Payed for this years season ticket and signed up for next year. If I have to pay for the play-off I will. But if we lose I will feel ripped off (paying for both seasons) but if we win and get ticket money for 15k plus at £20 it will give us a few quid towards a new forwards wages.

Glory Lurker
10-05-2014, 06:33 PM
I've got a season ticket and fully expect to pay. If I can face going at all that is, which I can't at the moment - I'll definitely be waiting for the result of the first leg before buying a ticket.

Pete
10-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Where does the money go and how is it divided up?

Sir David Gray
10-05-2014, 06:36 PM
This is being discussed in another thread tonight but I'll repeat what I said on that one.

Making season tickets valid for the home tie is the least that the club can do in my opinion.

The fact that we are even involved in this tie is absolutely disgraceful and making season ticket holders pay for a match that this club should never be involved in would just be adding insult to an already severe injury.

If they don't make season tickets valid, it's going to seriously affect the attendance figures.

Glory Lurker
10-05-2014, 06:39 PM
If they don't make season tickets valid, it's going to seriously affect the attendance figures.

But there'd still be more gate income than if they let us in for free. I'm not arguing with you, but I think the pennies will dictate what happen.

hibby6270
10-05-2014, 06:40 PM
This is being discussed in another thread tonight but I'll repeat what I said on that one.

Making season tickets valid for the home tie is the least that the club can do in my opinion.

The fact that we are even involved in this tie is absolutely disgraceful and making season ticket holders pay for a match that this club should never be involved in would just be adding insult to an already severe injury.

Agreed:thumbsup:

Postman
10-05-2014, 06:41 PM

Nonsense! I have a cup top up but if they charged anything for standard ST's I wouldn't go. Everyone of them deserves free entry to a game we should not be in

fife hfc
10-05-2014, 06:42 PM
I am a season ticket holder and if it is not part of my ticket i will not go. disgusting if they expect season ticket holders to pay. i have been subjected to dross all season and have already paid and will not part with anymore cash for that pish. I will try and get tickets for the away game but not the home game. totally disgusted!

Pete
10-05-2014, 06:44 PM
If gate money is divided between clubs then wouldn't they all have to agree if one decided that they were letting people in for nothing.

It might not be up to us.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2014, 06:45 PM
But there'd still be more gate income than if they let us in for free. I'm not arguing with you, but I think the pennies will dictate what happen.

Personally, I believe the club has an obligation here to the fans who have stuck by the team this season and been given very little back.

This is a massive two weeks for the club, relegation would be an absolute disaster for Hibernian FC and the home leg will be the biggest match that Easter Road has seen for many years.

Asking season ticket holders to pay to get in to watch a match that we should never be playing in the first place, after so many disappointments in recent months, is really not on and I would strongly urge the club to think very hard about this before making any decisions.

Nutmegged
10-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Where does the money go and how is it divided up?

I could be wrong but I thought the gate receipts were put towards the parachute payment in the event the Premiership club is relegated

Postman
10-05-2014, 06:46 PM
I am a season ticket holder and if it is not part of my ticket i will not go. disgusting if they expect season ticket holders to pay. i have been subjected to dross all season and have already paid and will not part with anymore cash for that pish. I will try and get tickets for the away game but not the home game. totally disgusted!

Agree totally, would go to the away game and not the home if ST's are charged. Anyone who sees this as a chance for the club to make some decent cash for next season have got to be kidding!

hibsdaft70
10-05-2014, 06:47 PM
50% of the playoff gate money gets split between the clubs and 50% goes to the SPFL. I think that ensures that we will all get charged for entry.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/473531/EXCLUSIVE-Play-off-final-live-on-TV

zzspot
10-05-2014, 07:04 PM
it should be £0 for long suffering season ticket holders we pay the wages not the board.

Ringothedog
10-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Let's get this straight this is neither a league game or a cup tie , so I would not expect my season ticket which has the cup top up to be valid. What I do expect as a season ticket holder is to be able to purchase a ticket for at least a 50% reduction on the walk up price. One other point is how can the SPFL possibly justify taking 50% of the gate receipts ? They are robbing *******s!!!

hibee_girl
10-05-2014, 07:31 PM
If gate money is divided between clubs then wouldn't they all have to agree if one decided that they were letting people in for nothing.

It might not be up to us.

Exactly.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2014, 07:34 PM
If its in the clubs hands nothing for ST holders and £5 for everybody else. Anything more would be a bloody insult.

Why should non season ticket holders get a fiver and season ticket holders get nothing. :greengrin

Shields Hibee
10-05-2014, 07:38 PM
I suspect us ST holders will be paying as the club will tell us its outside the normal league campaign. If they want to charge us then i'd say max £10 Adults incl. STH's & £5 concessions.

Would rather it was free for STH's though but if I've got to pay, will still go along in hope we can score a goal :rolleyes:

(((Fergus)))
10-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Surely it will say on the small print on your ST? A club as well managed in the business sense as Hibs will surely have considered this possibility when pricing the tickets...

scuttle
10-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Falkirk are charging £12 and £6 [concessions] with under 12s free for the first leg with Hamilton so looks like Hibs can charge what they want

Cameron1875
10-05-2014, 08:09 PM
£28 Adult £15 Concession.

And then guilt trip us by saying that we should all be doing our bit, our money goes to managers budget an allows us to buy better players.
Faultless plan!

SteveHFC
£30

Col2
I think it will be free to season ticket holders and £10 / £5 for everyone else.

Club will hope for a full house but even if it's free I am not sure they would get that.

BT Sport have already confirmed they will cover ER leg. Not sure about 1st leg.

southsider
10-05-2014, 08:12 PM
The clue is in what they are called......SEASON TICKETS. Entry for the whole season, not the season less one game.

Carheenlea
10-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Don`t really care less what they plan to charge for this, or if indeed my season ticket will be valid. The only concern for me is getting through this wretched state of affairs with our top flight status secure.

Gerard
10-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Falkirk are charging £12 and £6 [concessions] with under 12s free for the first leg with Hamilton so looks like Hibs can charge what they want

In and ideal world we would not be in this situation. This is not an ideal world and I think £5 for adults and free entry for children is the way to go.:wink:

Onion
10-05-2014, 08:22 PM

The players and management should forgo 2 weeks wages to pay for the fans entry to the match. Free buses and tickets to the away match too os the least we deserve.

Hibs Board have ****ed things up big time and should pay the cost. If they want our support they should ****ing well pay for it.

Carheenlea
10-05-2014, 08:26 PM
If they want our support they should ****ing well pay for it.

Why?

This is our club, not theirs, and we will be supporting this club long after they have departed.

DH1875
10-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Its not difficult people. Everyone will have to pay. Its not up to Rod or anyone else at the club. Works the same way as the cup. The semis and the final ALL go into the same pot. Only difference is, the team going down gets all the money. ST holders aren't getting into this for free.

Steve-O
10-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Club relies on gate receipts for income, however charging anything over say a tenner would mean that a lot of people wouldn't go. Season ticket holder have really suffered this year so should be given free entry IMO.

We've already had extra games in the league and this is another extra we shouldn't have been having! £1 entry I say!

Steve-O
10-05-2014, 11:07 PM

Why SHOULDN'T they?

STs used to include cup games before someone realised fans could be fleeced further.

davcar
10-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Not sure but as a ST holder with Cup Top Up and as someone who has signed up for next season's ST I would expect to go FOC! If not and the worst happens the whole ST pricing structure has to change for Championship football, rather than SPFL as we have all signed up for SPFL prices!

Sir David Gray
10-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Not sure but as a ST holder with Cup Top Up and as someone who has signed up for next season's ST I would expect to go FOC! If not and the worst happens the whole ST pricing structure has to change for Championship football, rather than SPFL as we have all signed up for SPFL prices!

Sorry to be pedantic but I can't resist as this really bugs me for some reason!

We will still be in the SPFL next season, even if we are relegated.

All four divisions from Premiership down to League Two form the SPFL.

The SPFL isn't the same as the old SPL.

Glad I've got that off my chest, I feel better now! :greengrin

Hibee-Wylie
10-05-2014, 11:25 PM
I can see free tickets for people who have renewed or bought new season tickets

The Omega Man
10-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Falkirk are charging £12 and £6 [concessions] with under 12s free for the first leg with Hamilton so looks like Hibs can charge what they wantFinancial madness for Hibs to charge nothing. One of the guiding principles of the play offs is that it is supposed to be a money spinner. Thats why they are in place.

BVB Hibs
10-05-2014, 11:28 PM
I'd not be surprised if it was used to try push ST's for next season. Free in for those with ST's for next season IMO. Would work out well for the club, in that it would probably convince those who are going to renew to renew earlier and they'll have more people paying in. Most likely decision if I'm honest.

I'd agree though, ST holders should get in for free, 10/5 for everybody else. Fill the ground. The atmosphere today for the first 60 or so minutes was brilliant. Do the same again, push the team to victory. We need everything we've got, finances should be put to one side for these two games.

SlickShoes
10-05-2014, 11:31 PM
It won't matter because it will all be over in the away leg anyway.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 11:37 PM
£10 for adults along with a free voucher for a £2.50 steak pie and a £2.20 bovril (robbin *****)or, just let us in for £5.30p

Saorsa
10-05-2014, 11:49 PM
He should not charge season ticket holders anything in my view.

I think in the past 2 seasons we have won 7 or 8 league games at home so all of us have paid enough and suffered enough not to be charged again.

I also think the board and management must now be in panic mode.

I believe there was a protest today and I'm not sure of numbers but if we do go down it will get much much worse.

So rod free entry for season ticket holders and £5 max for walk ups. You need a full houseHe winnae charge me anything, he can get tae ****