PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Little Fed Up With All This "We Played Not That Bad" Nonsense

Dashing Bob S
10-05-2014, 05:56 PM
It's irrelevant. We are in freefall and can't buy a goal, far less a win.

Doesn't matter a jot how we play.

We have no striker with any confidence (and who in any case receive no service) and a slow, weak defence always likely to concede from nothing.

In the next ten days they have to just work like hell and be really fired up for these two momentous games.

Jdawg
10-05-2014, 05:58 PM

We have no striker with any confidence (and who in any case receive no service) and a slow, weak defence always likely to concede from nothing.

In the next ten days they have to just work like hell and be really fired up for these two momentous games.

Completely incapable of creating a clear cut chance!

GreenLake
10-05-2014, 06:00 PM
That we are not good at scoring is an understatement. 13 shots on target and none of them go in. Maybe we need an easy tap in on the goal line.

MyJo
10-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Completely incapable of creating a clear cut chance!

apart from the one that came back off the crossbar or the two shots that were cleared off the goalline you mean?

truehibernian
10-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Bob, today proved to me (again) without shadow of doubt that the players who are free to leave are playing like that, the players who are unsure of their future are not overly concerned and want to leave, and the ones under contract are simply not good enough.

Michael Nelson for me should hang his head in utter shame - this lad 'prides' himself on his ability to lead apparently and talks a good game. He is such a poor poor footballer, not just the playing side, but on the pitch, never ever talks.....twice today he and Forster went for the same ball which could have been, like v Celtic, calamitous. I really fear for Jordan playing alongside him. The man has no heart....no true, proper courage and true vocal lead.

Williams.......sickens me every time I see a Hibs player, during a game, when we are behind, laughing along with an oppo player. He did the same v Hearts. Hate seeing it and it shows me the soft underbelly of a Hibs player's mentality. Great save to stop it being over second half, but he's playing carefree in my opinion.

Liam Craig - don't even get me started on that guy. Some of his crosses were just abysmal, he constantly tucked in leaving Ryan McG exposed, and all their creative play came down his side.

Heffernan should not have played - Cummings hasn't done anything to merit being dropped.

All in all, this side, doesn't matter who they play - are down. No one will convince me otherwise. Relegation is horrible but this side deserves it, as does Rod Petrie - the fans don't.

Cowards is the most perfect way to describe them all - cowardice suits them.

Onion
10-05-2014, 06:07 PM

IMO that requires a change of manager. Know this is risky, expensive, radical and all that but I'm convinced that's our ONLY chance of building the players' confidence up again, putting the past 19 games behinds us and focusing squarely on the task in hand - win a double header against a lower div side.

Butcher's head has gone. He's a tortured soul who has lost confidence in his team and himself. He is just the kind of person you do NOT want leading the team into these games.

The fans, club and players need a lift and Butcher cannot do that. If Petrie leaves Butcher/Malpas in charge we're doomed and we will add this to Petrie's long list of terrible indecisions.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Kilmarnock scored because we allowed them the oppurtunity to score. We failed to score, because we allowed them the oppurtunity to defend.

There can be such a small margin when it comes to winning and losing in football and unless you're willing to make up that margin, you're going to come out 2nd best.

Every inch of the pitch you cover, makes a difference.

As long as we continue to blame "bad luck" and believe that we're "jinxed". We can never move forward as a club.

emerald green
10-05-2014, 06:21 PM
There's some posters on these forums that would say we played not bad, and try to put a positive (but nonsensical) spin on things even if we got humped 10 nil.

Nutmegged
10-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Emerald, I can feel your frustration, I think its shared by all however I don't think you can have a go at fans for seeing some positives, the negatives are all too glaring, sometimes positives are hard to comprehend due to the outpouring of anger and frustrstion another poor result brings.

that being said, regardless of how many shots on target we had or how many times we hit the woodwork, I'd not put that down to bad luck, if it happens once its luck, if it happens twice it could be down to freakishly bad luck but for it to happen time and again is a pattern and it must be addressed.

Bronson
10-05-2014, 06:29 PM
I prefer to look at the glass as half full even when things are really bad, maybe it's a comforting mechanism, who knows. Genuinely thought we were alright today, especially first half, did everything but put the ball in the net and we got bloody close a few times.

Each to their own I guess.

emerald green
10-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Emerald, I can feel your frustration, I think its shared by all however I don't think you can have a go at fans for seeing some positives, the negatives are all too glaring, sometimes positives are hard to comprehend due to the outpouring of anger and frustrstion another poor result brings.

that being said, regardless of how many shots on target we had or how many times we hit the woodwork, I'd not put that down to bad luck, if it happens once its luck, if it happens twice it could be down to freakishly bad luck but for it to happen time and again is a pattern and it must be addressed.

I'm all in favour of fans seeing some positives, if it's backed up with some semblance of reality. Trying to kid on something is fine and dandy when it clearly isn't has to be challenged. What are the positives at the moment? We have a great stadium and training facility. We have an excellent youth team and youth team coach. We have the best set of fans anywhere, who deserve so much more than the absolute garbage we have had to suffer for years now. Today was another classic example of that garbage, or do you think that was acceptable? Is that ok?

Emerald
10-05-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm all in favour of fans seeing some positives, if it's backed up with some semblance of reality. Trying to kid on something is fine and dandy when it clearly isn't has to be challenged. What are the positives at the moment? We have a great stadium and training facility. We have an excellent youth team and youth team coach. We have the best set of fans anywhere, who deserve so much more than the absolute garbage we have had to suffer for years now. Today was another classic example of that garbage, or do you think that was acceptable? Is that ok?

Things are worse than shocking at the moment but we MUST find positives at this point in time. While we still have a chance to get out of this, we need to think that a few goals are coming, we are due them. In the last few games we've hit the woodwork a few times, had a good goal chalked off and a couple of penalties not given, as well as the free kick Hearts were awarded resulting in their winning goal. Any one of these things going our way COULD have turned our season. I for one don't ever want to be satisfied with the team that we have just now but as they are the only people that can save us, we really HAVE to find some positives from somewhere and back them twice more.

Once we know where we stand after the playoffs then let the venting begin, until then we have to back and encourage what we have.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 06:59 PM
We're not "due" anything. It doesn't work that way. We either do enough to win (score more goals than we concede) or we don't.

The only way to win is to win.

Emerald
10-05-2014, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=Hibercelona;4006486]We're not "due" anything. It doesn't work that way. We either do enough to win (score more goals than we concede) or we don't.

The only way to win is to win.[/QUOTE

Yup

emerald green
10-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Things are worse than shocking at the moment but we MUST find positives at this point in time. While we still have a chance to get out of this, we need to think that a few goals are coming, we are due them. In the last few games we've hit the woodwork a few times, had a good goal chalked off and a couple of penalties not given, as well as the free kick Hearts were awarded resulting in their winning goal. Any one of these things going our way COULD have turned our season. I for one don't ever want to be satisfied with the team that we have just now but as they are the only people that can save us, we really HAVE to find some positives from somewhere and back them twice more.

Once we know where we stand after the playoffs then let the venting begin, until then we have to back and encourage what we have.

I don't disagree with what you say Emerald. Luck hasn't been on our side recently, but that's what happens to teams who are struggling - they never get a break. The other side of the coin is that you make your own luck. Of course we have to support the team in the play off games. It's all we as supporters can do now. I'll repeat again - there's nothing wrong with being positive, just so long as it's based on some semblance of reality. As you say yourself, things are worse than shocking at the moment. For what it's worth, I think we will win the play off. I say that more in hope rather than expectation.

Emerald
10-05-2014, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4006519]I don't disagree with what you say Emerald. Luck hasn't been on our side recently, but that's what happens to teams who are struggling - they never get a break. The other side of the coin is that you make your own luck. Of course we have to support the team in the play off games. It's all we as supporters can do now. I'll repeat again - there's nothing wrong with being positive, just so long as it's based on some semblance of reality. As you say yourself, things are worse than shocking at the moment. For what it's worth, I think we will win the play off. I say that more in hope rather than expectation.[/QUOTE

Agree with all of this I'm just trying to convince myself. I'll miss the playoffs, I'd only factored in the cup final to my holiday plans this year!!!

Long Time Hibee
10-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I know its been said before but what Butcher did with a number of players in telling them that they wont be here next season is the biggest cause of our 'bad luck'
Major own goal from our Manager and has come back to bite him/us big time. Probably assumed that we were more or less already safe!!!!! Needs to earn his money now.

Onion
10-05-2014, 08:41 PM
I know its been said before but what Butcher did with a number of players in telling them that they wont be here next season is the biggest cause of our 'bad luck'
Major own goal from our Manager and has come back to bite him/us big time. Probably assumed that we were more or less already safe!!!!! Needs to earn his money now.

At the time, it was what we all wanted to hear from a Hibs manager, cos we thought it would have a positive effect on the team. Too many Hibs players seeing ER as a meal ticket. Now, with hindsight, it was the most stupid thing a Hibs manager has done since Calderdud's sweetie bag. I tell you, someone could write a book about Hibs managers over the last 6 years, but it would be dismissed as sheer fantasy.

For a guy with so much management experience and self proclaimed understanding of team dynamics and psychology, it was mental :greengrin

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Kilmarnock scored because we allowed them the oppurtunity to score. We failed to score, because we allowed them the oppurtunity to defend.

There can be such a small margin when it comes to winning and losing in football and unless you're willing to make up that margin, you're going to come out 2nd best.

Every inch of the pitch you cover, makes a difference.

As long as we continue to blame "bad luck" and believe that we're "jinxed". We can never move forward as a club.

That's the biggest problem with our players, they are either not fit or not using their fitness for the betterment of the team!

Why don't we press teams closely and aggressively (getting right in their faces) every time we lose possession until we get the ball back from them?

We can only win the game if we have possession and our opponents are in that position if they have the ball!