PDA

View Full Version : "Embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter".

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Is what a guy said on Off The Ball and what many other are saying on social media, and probably at the game itself.

A bit dramatic to say you are embarrassed to support us. Be embarrased, ashamed, disgusted at the result but always be proud of the club.

Today was a bad result, we have what seems to be at the moment a clueless manager and one of the poorest playing squads in living memory. But, things can and WILL get better. Folk may feel they need to force the boards hand in getting the manager out (the protest/demonstration after todays game, although it wasn't all directed at Butcher, mainly Petrie). But if we are relegated Butcher will be replaced at somepoint and Hibs will go onto bigger and better things. (I do hope he keeps us up and is given a chance to build a team to compete in the league next season).

Never be embarrassed to be one of us. You can't support Hibernian Football Club without having more great days that bad.

GGTTH

Gus Fring
10-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Is what a guy said on Off The Ball and what many other are saying on social media, and probably at the game itself.

A bit dramatic to say you are embarrassed to support us. Be embarrased, ashamed, disgusted at the result but always be proud of the club.

Today was a bad result, we have what seems to be at the moment a clueless manager and one of the poorest playing squads in living memory. But, things can and WILL get better. Folk may feel they need to force the boards hand in getting the manager out (the protest/demonstration after todays game, although it wasn't all directed at Butcher, mainly Petrie). But if we are relegated Butcher will be replaced at somepoint and Hibs will go onto bigger and better things. (I do hope he keeps us up and is given a chance to build a team to compete in the league next season).

Never be embarrassed to be one of us. You can't suppott Hibernian Football Club without having more great days that bad.

GGTTH

:top marks

WeeCraigy
10-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Cracking post, hits the nail right on the head.

Pete
10-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Good post.

It wasn't me that was on the pitch, in the dugout or the boardroom. They can sort it out amongst themselves regarding who should be "embarrassed"

Pretty Boy
10-05-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm not embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter, never have been.

There are a fair few people who should be embarrassed today but certainly not the fans.

Jdawg
10-05-2014, 05:29 PM

Never be embarrassed to be one of us. You can't support Hibernian Football Club without having more great days that bad.

GGTTH

Maybe he only meant at the moment but nevertheless always be proud to be a Hibee. Cant see when it will get better, it seems a LONG way off. We have gradually declined since the Mowbray/Collins teams, mainly due to poor managerial appointments and even poorer players being signed. There is no way teams like Motherwell, St Johnstone, Inverness, etc pay more wages than Hibs, yet we are unable to produce anything that even resembles a football team.

Unseen work
10-05-2014, 05:30 PM
To me the boy came across daft and like he never had a clue what he was talking about

givescotlandfreedom
10-05-2014, 05:31 PM
I can honestly say I've never been embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter. Maybe if we'd shafted local business, stolen from charities, employed paedophilia or that sort of thing...

hibee_girl
10-05-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm not embarrassed to be Hibs supproter, never have been.

There are a fair few people who should be embarrassed today but certainly not the fans.

:agree:

Alfred E Newman
10-05-2014, 05:32 PM
We are Hibernian Football Club not Butcher, Malpas, Petrie ,Farmer or the current crop of rank footballers lucky to be given the chance to wear the famous strip.
They will all go eventually but we will always be here.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2014, 05:34 PM
I will NEVER be embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter.

Unbelievable thing to say.

HibeeDave
10-05-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm not embarassed, just angry it got this far.

The Harp
10-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Not proud of much in my life except my family, my Irish roots, and my love affair with the Hibs.:flag:
Embarrassed??? not a chance!!!

BigKev
10-05-2014, 05:40 PM

Never be embarrassed to be one of us. You can't support Hibernian Football Club without having more great days that good.

GGTTH

Clearly not a true statement for those of us my age. I've had far more shocking days than good. Only a few would be "great".

Franck Stanton
10-05-2014, 05:42 PM
To me the boy came across daft and like he never had a clue what he was talking about

And just what was Butcher doing talking like that on a radio show ?

hibsbollah
10-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Its yam talk. Ignore.

jakeshibs
10-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Clearly not a true statement for those of us my age. I've had far more shocking days than bad. Only a few would be "great".

I agree, this last 40 years there has been more bad days that great times, more cup defeats than success stories, I am extremely angry as we have never reached our potential

kaimendhibs
10-05-2014, 05:54 PM
I can honestly say I've never been embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter. Maybe if we'd shafted local business, stolen from charities, employed paedophilia or that sort of thing...

10/10

Sent from my iphone

GreenLake
10-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Good post. I'm depressed but not embarrassed. I'm effed off but looking forward to the playoffs. I hope we win.
:flag::flag::flag:

HibbyAndy
10-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Embarrased? No chance im a very proud Hibby.

emerald green
10-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Idiotic thing to say. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he was probably very angry and just let his anger get the better of him and didn't put his brain into gear before opening his mouth. Most people have done that at some time I would hazard a guess. I am angry at the state of affairs at my beloved Hibs, but I have always been PROUD to be a Hibs supporter, never ever embarrassed.

lucky
10-05-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm not embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter, never have been.

This

Craig_in_Prague
Never embarrassed.
Far from proud too.

blackpoolhibs
I'm off out tonight with 3 scots lads, none are Hibs fans. They will rip the piss out of me, will i be embarrassed, too ****in right i will?

:rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
10-05-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm off out tonight with 3 scots lads, none are Hibs fans. They will rip the piss out of me, will i be embarrassed, too ****in right i will?

Embarrassed about the current situation or embarrassed about being a hibby?

Never Embarrassed constantly disappointed

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

dodecar
10-05-2014, 06:33 PM

No club could never sink that low,could they?

truehibernian
10-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Never ever embarrassed :aok: it's football, we have been here before and no doubt again....as have other clubs.

I'm embarrassed we have the likes of Nelson at the football club though. The defence today looked like something out of Dad's Army on a training exercise. Mate and I were laughing up the road after the game - that is what this Hibs squad have done to us this season and last. Made us not get angry at defeat anymore. Just laughing at them.

MrRobot
10-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Im not embarassed to be a supporter, im proud to be a hibs fan.

I am however embarassed by the team and our failings. We should not be a team that fights relegation.

Mango Man
10-05-2014, 06:46 PM

:top marksIndeed, Hibs have made me feel embarrassed regularly, finding it hard to cling on to anything positive about the club, take many a ripping from friends/work colleagues about Hibs nowadays and have nothing to come back with, nothing, that's embarrassing.

This bunch of players deserve to go down.

GGTTHibees
10-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Preach it :thumbsup:

leggeto
10-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Never embarrassed to be a hibs supporter the players will be but

jacomo
10-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Im not embarassed to be a supporter, im proud to be a hibs fan.

I am however embarassed by the team and our failings. We should not be a team that fights relegation.

:agree:

Never embarassed by being a Hibs fan, but a little bit shamed right now at the depths to which we have sunk.

Stoney Hibee
10-05-2014, 06:55 PM
I have never embarrassed to be a hibs fan, when anyone asks me about myself, it is always one of the first things I tell them. However the people who have represented our club for the few years should be ashamed of themselves.

Today's performance was a total disgrace, while I can appreciate only three (the ones on loan) have been chosen by butcher, surely it is his (and that of malpas) role as a coach to improve his players. I struggle to see any players in our squad who have been improved in the last 5 months. Indeed most have got worse.

Wheat Hound
10-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Good defiant Hibs sing sing post match in the four in hand tonight. Love the club, depressed by the team :'(

GodisaHibee
10-05-2014, 07:06 PM
I'll never be embarrassed to be Hibs. I will moan and argue, but Hibs 'till I die

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GodisaHibee
10-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Good defiant Hibs sing sing post match in the four in hand tonight. Love the club, depressed by the team :'(

This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scottie
10-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Clearly not a true statement for those of us my age. I've had far more shocking days than good. Only a few would be "great".

I agree, this last 40 years there has been more bad days that great times, more cup defeats than success stories, I am extremely angry as we have never reached our potential

Exactly boys

40 years of nothingness.

We've had the occasional day here or there ie cup games that have been up there but for me nothing but promises that have never materialised.

JUST TRUELY ANNOYED once again tonight but there's always next week :wink:

Expecting Rain
10-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Daft negative opening post.

Bishop Hibee
10-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Always proud to be a Hibee. All clubs bar rantic can claim to have seen more bad than good.

The fact so many Hibees turned up in hope rather than expectation shows the pride we have knowing the fans are Hibs. Players and managers come and go, Farmer is only a custodian of the club. WE are Hibernian FC!

yeezus.
10-05-2014, 07:21 PM
:top marksIndeed, Hibs have made me feel embarrassed regularly, finding it hard to cling on to anything positive about the club, take many a ripping from friends/work colleagues about Hibs nowadays and have nothing to come back with, nothing, that's embarrassing.

This bunch of players deserve to go down.

What a great attitude to have going into a relegation play off. These players deserve to go down!? Give it a rest.

Bostonhibby
10-05-2014, 07:25 PM
I am bloody annoyed, and Hibs over the last 4 or 5 seasons have been slowly draining my commitment to them, my enthusiasm is waning but I will always be proud to be a Hibby because of our roots and our history. I've seen some good times as well but if its only success you're after Hibs ain't the club for you.

I want to see us competing again at the top level, I want to be entertained in the Hibs tradition, attacking football and winning some games.

I am fed up of attacking the manager, the squad, individual players and even the board - lets get this bloody season over and give Butcher a shot at next season with whoever these new players are to be, if it goes tits up then there's always the annual sacking before the AGM to look forward to. We spend more money compensating managers and paying off dud players than we do on the squad in recent years, Some stability required.

Michael
10-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Things will get better one day. :aok:

They'll probably get a lot worse first though. But that's football.

Shields Hibee
10-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm not embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter & will come to ER always in hope that there are better days ahead.

I just want this season over and Butcher to get his own crop of players in then give him time to get results & see where we go. I said to this young kid whose Dad I know when he was getting off the train in Newcastle that Hibs will give you 1 or 2 shots of glory but the rest of the time expect to be frustrated etc.

Mango Man
10-05-2014, 07:56 PM
What a great attitude to have going into a relegation play off. These players deserve to go down!? Give it a rest.

Do they not deserve to go down? I've pretty much accepted we are down. If you can't score or defend then you get what you deserve.

10-05-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm never ashamed to support Hibernian FC, I will never hide my love for the club. I'm embarrased at the position we are in atm but never ashamed to support the club. Even through our darkest days i've never been ashamed to say "i am a hibee".

We are down a hole atm but there will be good days again. Supporting hibs is a rollercoaster.

Jonnyboy
10-05-2014, 07:58 PM

Never mind G you can just inform them you don't care cos you hate Hibs :wink:

BH Hibs
10-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Never ever be embarrassed just pissed off and raging. GGTTH

fife hfc
10-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Never embarrassed to be a Hibs fan. at the moment I feel they do not deserve my support and the club has serious issues that are not just concerning the manager, but in years to come I will be a Hibby long after Petrie, farmer and Butcher are gone.

Hibs I believe will go down and it is bloody embarrassing but i will always support them. GGTTH

dave62
10-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm sure the caller on Off the Ball didn't really mean to say he was embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter. We're all a bit emotionally fragile today, so I'll cut him a little slack.

For myself I'm never embarrassed but always proud to be a Hibby. When you look back at our history and the great players we've had down the years, we've much to be proud of.

Mostly though I'm proud to be a Hibs supporter because of the great times I've had in the company of my fellow Hibbys - the best fans in the world. Great games, days out and probably too much beer drunk, but happy memories none the less. We argue on here and elsewhere, but I've never wanted to support any other team. It could never be the same.

Hopefully one day we'll have a team on the park that's worthy of us, and when that happens the trophy room will be groaning with the weight of accumulated silverware. Here's hoping.

Hibernia&Alba
10-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I will NEVER be embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter.

Unbelievable thing to say.

100 per cent. This team is an embarrassment, but I'm not embarrassed to support the club, and never will be.

DH1875
10-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Proud to call myself a hibee and always will be. Can be hard at times, especially living in the weege but duck everyone else. Always a great buzz when your walking about the place with the colours on and all the hun bass are looking at you as if to say WTF????? Lol.

Steve-O
10-05-2014, 11:14 PM
The entire club is an embarrassment right now and I am not 'proud' in the least.

WestEndHibee
10-05-2014, 11:15 PM

GGTTH

Top post! :top marks

iwasthere1972
10-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter? Get a grip.

I'll never be embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter. Yes we are crap but I won't be hanging my head in shame for nobody.

GGTTH.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Never mind G you can just inform them you don't care cos you hate Hibs :wink:

Just in John, and i have been slaughtered all night. Yip i do hate Hibs, they can go fucj themselves. Billy has rand me tonight and told me he expects me to join him in the car for the 1st leg at Hamilton or Falkirk, i said i'm in. :grr::brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

iwasthere1972
10-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Just in John, and i have been slaughtered all night. Yip i do hate Hibs, they can go fucj themselves. Billy has rand me tonight and told me he expects me to join him in the car for the 1st leg at Hamilton or Falkirk, i said i'm in. :grr::brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

Remember and bring your pink trainers. You might just get a game.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Remember and bring your pink trainers. You might just get a game.

They are burgundy. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 11:30 PM

can't beat a good randing

BVB Hibs
10-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Why would I be embarrassed to be a Hibernian fan, regardless of whatever position we find ourselves in? I may joke about changing allegiances to spartans next year, but I'd be an awful lot more embarrassed if I stopped supporting hibs just because things "got a bit tough".

Win, lose, draw, it's not going to stop the fact that I'm proud to be a hibs supporter. Annoyed we're playing badly, of course; embarrassed, never.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Embarrassed is when your team has cheated their way to trophies, failed to pay HMRC, failed to pay their players on time, fined for sectarian singing, dipping your hands in the poppy fund box, going into admin and avoiding paying local shopkeepers etc etc.

Yes we're Colin Nish but we're not a bunch of crooks.

Saorsa
10-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Embarrassed tae be a Hibs supporter? Never. Disgusted by everybody and anybody involved with the running of this club, absolutely. Not a one of them had the baws tae front the fans, sneaked out the side door. Gutless ****in' cowards from top ta bottom.

Nutmegged
11-05-2014, 03:10 AM
Should never be ashamed of the club, the players and custodians will be here for as long as they're here but they aren't Hibernian Football Club, you're a long time dead, Hibs will be one of the few things that will run as long as we live and beyond, heads up lads

ALF TUPPER
11-05-2014, 06:54 AM
I'll never be embarrassed to be a Hibby. Im always proud to be a Hibby. I wouldn't and couldn't support anyone else.

They are my Club.

And......I don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks or says about me.

GGTTH :flag:

oregonhibby
11-05-2014, 06:59 AM
I will go into the work on Monday and smile and say I like living on the edge and that this situation merely gives me the chance to see my team couple of more times this season.

The performances may be embarrassing and the opportunity lost embarrassing BUT being a Hibs supporter and loving my team is never embarrassing.

Hibs are for life and not just Christmas, as I am sure someone on here has said. 50 years if this so far. Been a lot worse but it has also been a lot better.

spike220
11-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Never, I just bought the wee sticky Hibs flag to put in my car this week. This is not the time to hide.

Hibs lifetime fan and proud of it!!!