PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray Dumbarton

Spike Mandela
10-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Ian's Dumbarton recently beat Hamilton 4-1. If it comes to pass that we are playing Hamilton I hope he phones Butcher to give a little advice on how to play them.

Jdawg
10-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Ian's Dumbarton recently beat Hamilton 4-1. If it comes to pass that we are playing Hamilton I hope he phones Butcher to give a little advice on how to play them. think Murray was at the game today? Im sure he will be in touch with Butcher or vice versa

EdinMike
10-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Wouldn't mind punting 'Bootcher' and hiring Murray in the summer anyway...

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Ian's Dumbarton recently beat Hamilton 4-1. If it comes to pass that we are playing Hamilton I hope he phones Butcher to give a little advice on how to play them.

Butcher: Eh, got any advice fir me Murray pal?

Murray: Aye, pack yer bags. You're clueless.

Tonez
10-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Wouldn't mind punting 'Bootcher' and hiring Murray in the summer anyway...

Don't think he's at the level Hibs NEED to get us out this mess but he has done really well and it's certainly worth keeping an eye on him. :aok:

Paperboy
10-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I've got a feeling that Hibs might not have a say on the future of Ian Murray come Monday...

ardecos
10-05-2014, 05:48 PM
I've got a feeling that Hibs might not have a say on the future of Ian Murray come Monday...

I've heard he may be the new St Mirren manager.

jacomo
10-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Don't think he's at the level Hibs NEED to get us out this mess but he has done really well and it's certainly worth keeping an eye on him. :aok:

Eh? He's at exactly the level Hibs might be next season. A manager who knows the Championship already would be useful.

jimmyboco1875
10-05-2014, 05:51 PM

This.... We lost out on murray when fenlon walked

Dashing Bob S
10-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Dilemma for Murray: 1) go to St Mirren (or any other team) be a success, and get loads of top offers in 3-4 years time. 2) go to Hibs and be zapped with the failure gun and have a baying mob ripping the piss out off him.

Paperboy

:agree:

Announcements be made on Monday. st Mirren have a habit of this. Gus Macpherson was deemed to have taken them pretty much as far as he could and he was replaced by Danny Lennon who'd come off a decent run at Cowdenbeath. The same May we'll happen with Ian Murray.

Murray mentioned recently he's not signed a new contract at Dumbarton and as a reuslt has no club after the summer. I think!

Pete

I hope not. It's hard to knock back opportunities but maybe he should cut his teeth for a bit longer at boghead.

heretoday
10-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Murray is too young. I would just as soon have Danny Lennon.

Onceinawhile
10-05-2014, 06:00 PM

I'd be disappointed if he went to st. mirren ahead of us, but I'm certain he would jump at the chance to manage us if he turned it into a success.

Of course that involves us losing butcher. Hopefully as he gets poached after a couple of good seasons.

Albion Hibs
10-05-2014, 06:44 PM

Several things with with this, the hibs job is not that attractive now, and potentially miles less attractive in a couple of weeks time. We should not build it up in our heads. The likes of MacLeish, Mowbray, McNamara are pipe dreams - not least the fact that that our current manager had his old team higher in the league than the latter, again going back to the fact you can only work with what you have. Our best chance is to get a young manage that will grow with the club, rather than waiting till they achieve something and missing out to no doubt far better offers from down south.

DH1875
10-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Has Danny Lennon been sacked?

J-C
10-05-2014, 09:03 PM

No new contract offer as yet

IWasThere2016
10-05-2014, 09:05 PM

Contract expired, and no extension offered. Like others, I expect Nid at the Saints soon.

Anyone know how Dumbarton play?

J-C
10-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Contract expired, and no extension offered. Like others, I expect Nid at the Saints soon.

Winning football, well generally, took them from bottom to just missing the playoff's

yeezus.
10-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Dilemma for Murray: 1) go to St Mirren (or any other team) be a success, and get loads of top offers in 3-4 years time. 2) go to Hibs and be zapped with the failure gun and have a baying mob ripping the piss out off him.

This is exactly it, he has done a good job with Dumbarton and would probably end up winning the League Cup with St. Mirren.

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 09:13 PM

:top marks

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

BH Hibs
10-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Murray is too young. I would just as soon have Danny Lennon.

So was Guardiola.

IWasThere2016
10-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Winning football

Cannae have any of that nonsense at ER!!

southern hibby
10-05-2014, 09:25 PM
I heard St Mirren asked him if he was interested and he turned it down. Source fan at the game today who knows him. GGTTH

Would he be wise to take the Hibs job? Probably not because let's be honest as soon as it started to go wrong how much time would we give him? As much as Butcher Calderclown? Would we be screaming for his head immediately or would we seriously give him time? If we say we give him time, why are we not giving it to Butcher ( yes he's done terrible ) but if we give Butcher time to bring his own players I'n he might be awesome ( maybe not).

One thing I do know and this is a fact I love Hibs I breath Hibs I am Hibs, but I wouldn't take the job at present if I was a manager, because there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes at Easter Road.

Hibs90
10-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Murray plays 'direct' football.

ScottB
10-05-2014, 09:29 PM
If I was a young, up and coming manager I wouldn't touch the Hibs job with a 10 foot barge pole, even if I had an emotional attachment to the club.

I'd love to see Murray in charge, but also I'd hate to see him potentially wreck his promising career in this mess.

TheFamous1875
10-05-2014, 09:34 PM
A few weeks ago, Murray was on Sportscene and he said that he was surprised at St Mirren's form this season as they had a great squad of players. I wonder if there's anything in that...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BH Hibs
10-05-2014, 09:40 PM
I heard St Mirren asked him if he was interested and he turned it down. Source fan at the game today who knows him. GGTTH

Would he be wise to take the Hibs job? Probably not because let's be honest as soon as it started to go wrong how much time would we give him? As much as Butcher Calderclown? Would we be screaming for his head immediately or would we seriously give him time? If we say we give him time, why are we not giving it to Butcher ( yes he's done terrible ) but if we give Butcher time to bring his own players I'n he might be awesome ( maybe not).

One thing I do know and this is a fact I love Hibs I breath Hibs I am Hibs, but I wouldn't take the job at present if I was a manager, because there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes at Easter Road.

He'd get time coz he's a Hibby if nothing else. Fed up with the give Butcher time nonsense as he's had over 20 games. IM has taken a team who for whatever reason weren't getting results and taken them from relegation candidates to just missing out on the promotion playoffs by applying basic coaching and management skills. Butcher has taken an underperformed team and turned them into relegation candidates by not showing even the most basic of coaching or managerial skills. Butcher out Murray in for me.

silverhibee
10-05-2014, 09:43 PM

Hoofball to Nish.

silverhibee
10-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Does Murray have the relevant coaching badges to manage a team in the SPFL.

Dirkster23
10-05-2014, 09:49 PM

Sure it was mentioned he's doing them this summer.

southern hibby
10-05-2014, 09:51 PM
He'd get time coz he's a Hibby if nothing else. Fed up with the give Butcher time nonsense as he's had over 20 games. IM has taken a team who for whatever reason weren't getting results and taken them from relegation candidates to just missing out on the promotion playoffs by applying basic coaching and management skills. Butcher has taken an underperformed team and turned them into relegation candidates by not showing even the most basic of coaching or managerial skills. Butcher out Murray in for me.

Not arguing with anything you say. I agree 100% but we would need to pay of Butcher and staff ( will he walk if we go down doubt it) so this is money that will not be available to whoever comes I'n.

Butchers signings I'n Jan window was shocking, however did Butcher have funds available to him to get players I'n? Do we have funds? This is all speculation on our part but anyone going for the job would obviously ask how much am I getting for players?

If season ticket sales are down ( I've not renewed yet) then this will have a major effect on money available and would an up and coming manager take a major gamble I'n his career and join Hibs when non of the managers since our last cup win have managed to get us looking like a team again GGTTH

BH Hibs
10-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Not arguing with anything you say. I agree 100% but we would need to pay of Butcher and staff ( will he walk if we go down doubt it) so this is money that will not be available to whoever comes I'n.

Butchers signings I'n Jan window was shocking, however did Butcher have funds available to him to get players I'n? Do we have funds? This is all speculation on our part but anyone going for the job would obviously ask how much am I getting for players?

If season ticket sales are down ( I've not renewed yet) then this will have a major effect on money available and would an up and coming manager take a major gamble I'n his career and join Hibs when non of the managers since our last cup win have managed to get us looking like a team again GGTTH

Fair comment mate. But whether he had money or not he has taken us so far backwards it's unreal. If we finished 7th then I think the not being backed argument is more relevant as we could have kicked on but I think any manager with half an ounce of tactical awareness could have ground out a couple of draws and nicked a win somewhere along the line

Hibs90
10-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Dumbarton play hoofball. Would Hibs fans put up with that?

BH Hibs
10-05-2014, 10:10 PM

If it was winning hoofball then probably yes

southern hibby
10-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Fair comment mate. But whether he had money or not he has taken us so far backwards it's unreal. If we finished 7th then I think the not being backed argument is more relevant as we could have kicked on but I think any manager with half an ounce of tactical awareness could have ground out a couple of draws and nicked a win somewhere along the line

Again I agree 100%. Please don't think I'm trying to stick up for Butcher I'm not. But let's say for one moment Terry did tell the players they were pants and not wanted ( this is a major mistake on his part). However I see it as a positive too as it proves to me Terry will ditch them and hopefully bring I'n better ( well let's be honest they'd have to be going some to be worse). Again I really don't know if he is tactically up to the job. This is why I mentioned bringing I'n someone like JC who is tactically switched on.

We can discuss this all night but something does need to be done what exactly this is is open to speculation, but I'm sure you and I are the same only wanting the best for Hibs GGTTH

BH Hibs
10-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Again I agree 100%. Please don't think I'm trying to stick up for Butcher I'm not. But let's say for one moment Terry did tell the players they were pants and not wanted ( this is a major mistake on his part). However I see it as a positive too as it proves to me Terry will ditch them and hopefully bring I'n better ( well let's be honest they'd have to be going some to be worse). Again I really don't know if he is tactically up to the job. This is why I mentioned bringing I'n someone like JC who is tactically switched on.

We can discuss this all night but something does need to be done what exactly this is is open to speculation, but I'm sure you and I are the same only wanting the best for Hibs GGTTH

Sound mate GGTTH

500miles
10-05-2014, 10:43 PM

He plays the sort of football it takes to get a PART TIME team into the position they are in. If he was given the time and the means then he would probably achieve something more, but make no mistake, what he's done so far is near enough miraculous.

DH1875
10-05-2014, 11:33 PM
He'd be daft taking the St.Mirren job. If and its still a big IF we go down, he'd be the prime candidate to take over from TB. Should we stay up. He can take the st mirren job as no doubt we will be back in the kite this time next year.

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 06:54 AM

rubbish. What are you basing this on?

NOLA
11-05-2014, 11:50 AM

If it means winning matches I'd put up with it ;)

Haymaker
11-05-2014, 12:53 PM

As far as I know he does not have the badges to coach a team in a top divison. Still doing his A and needs a pro licence. He could be given period of grace as other have before but I dont think he would be.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 12:53 PM

Watching them, that's what I'm basing it on.

Hibs90
11-05-2014, 12:54 PM

I have a friend who regularly attends Dumbarton matches. They play direct goofball to Nish.

woodyloon
11-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Hibs should offer Dumbarton a swap of our Management team for there management team, plus a few players can go in the deal with TB.

The_Exile
11-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Appointing Murray as manager would be ****ing suicide, what's he had, 2 years management experience? It's not as if he's played at the highest level either so doesn't have playing experience under a world class level coach. Madness.

Paisley Hibby
11-05-2014, 02:11 PM

:greengrin

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Watching them, that's what I'm basing it on.

Good, what games were they then? I have mates that follow Dundee, raith and livi from my uni days so I have seen them a few times this year and that could not be further from the truth. Season before when they had a target man I believe that might have been the case.

Regardless, winning games is winning games, I struggle to believe there is a hibs fan out there that would not have taken that and finish further up the table over our current situation.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 06:24 PM
As far as I know he does not have the badges to coach a team in a top divison. Still doing his A and needs a pro licence. He could be given period of grace as other have before but I dont think he would be.

Cheers H

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Good, what games were they then? I have mates that follow Dundee, raith and livi from my uni days so I have seen them a few times this year and that could not be further from the truth. Season before when they had a target man I believe that might have been the case.

Regardless, winning games is winning games, I struggle to believe there is a hibs fan out there that would not have taken that and finish further up the table over our current situation.

I have seen them play 3 times this season, each time it was hoofball up the park.

I never said hoofball was a good or bad thing.

bingo70
11-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Hoofball is pish because its easy to defend against.

Why people associate this 80s 'style' of football as a winning style ive no idea. Far better keeping the ball on the deck rather than lump it into the box for donkeys to header it away all day long.