PDA

View Full Version : Get along to the playoff!

hibee62
10-05-2014, 04:34 PM
What pisses you off most about today?

Petrie? Whatever your opinion of him he's not going to have much input after this summer and Dempster will have much less to work with if we are first division! Get along and support the team!

Butcher? He's been abysmal but anyone can overcome any odds with adrenalineAnd determination. Support his team passionately and his team will win!

Thomson? He cheated us again today but let's show him he isn't getting to us! Get along and support the team and help keep us up! He will not win!

Weak/poor players? The poorest players can win a game with momentum! A loud, vociferous support can provide that momentum!

Bottom line, we shouldn't be in this position but we are! Let's make sure it doesn't get any worse! Whatever your opinion of butcher/Petrie/players/fans let's make sure we don't go down! Fans do make a difference and we can keep this team up!

cleanyman
10-05-2014, 04:35 PM
I'll be there.

Sadly, the friend who I go to games with won't. He's had enough.

emerald green
10-05-2014, 04:39 PM

Petrie? Whatever your opinion of him he's not going to have much input after this summer and Dempster will have much less to work with if we are first division! Get along and support the team!

Butcher? He's been abysmal but anyone can overcome any odds with adrenalineAnd determination. Support his team passionately and his team will win!

Thomson? He cheated us again today but let's show him he isn't getting to us! Get along and support the team and help keep us up! He will not win!

Weak/poor players? The poorest players can win a game with momentum! A loud, vociferous support can provide that momentum!

Bottom line, we shouldn't be in this position but we are! Let's make sure it doesn't get any worse! Whatever your opinion of butcher/Petrie/players/fans let's make sure we don't go down! Fans do make a difference and we can keep this team up!

We are in this position because we are the worst team in the league. There's no shouldn't about it.

hibee62
10-05-2014, 04:41 PM
We are in this position because we are the worst team in the league. There's no shouldn't about it.

My opinion is that is not the case! And even if you believe that I would still say that a vociferous support will prove to be the difference! Just because you don't think we are good enough doesn't mean we won't win!

snooky
10-05-2014, 04:43 PM

Were you a musician on the Titanic by any chance? :wink:

Pete
10-05-2014, 04:45 PM
I'll be there cheering the team on home and away.

Call me mad but this is kind of exciting. Like a crap cup final. It's easy to lose sight of the fact that it's a sport and there are winners and losers...and we'll all still be here even if we are relegated.

Bronson
10-05-2014, 04:46 PM
I'll be there, home and away.

Bring it on.

hibee62
10-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Were you a musician on the Titanic by any chance? :wink:

:) I may be a sucker but I genuinely think we can make a difference!

Allant1981
10-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Just had a txt off a mate ive not seen in about ten years wanting to go so we will be there

snooky
10-05-2014, 04:49 PM

Call me mad but this is kind of exciting. Like a crap cup final. It's easy to lose sight of the fact that it's a sport and there are winners and losers...and we'll all still be here even if we are relegated.

That's where I'm at, PD, but I wish they would give me something to get my passion back.

overdrive
10-05-2014, 04:57 PM
My opinion is that is not the case! And even if you believe that I would still say that a vociferous support will prove to be the difference! Just because you don't think we are good enough doesn't mean we won't win!

You seriously think we aren't the worst team in the league? According to the league table, we are... if Hearts didn't have the 15 point deduction, we would have finished bottom! The vociferous support didn't help this bunch of losers today.

hibee62
10-05-2014, 05:02 PM
You seriously think we aren't the worst team in the league? According to the league table, we are... if Hearts didn't have the 15 point deduction, we would have finished bottom! The vociferous support didn't help this bunch of losers today.

Yes, seriously! You can take that view if you want but it is not my opinion!

Jdawg
10-05-2014, 05:39 PM
If you have had enough then it's nobodies place to tell you to go, however, if you have been going all season and the previous seasons then it's only 2 more games. After that then fair enough if you want to chuck it.

emerald green
10-05-2014, 05:41 PM

You are entitled to your opinion of course. I just think you are wrong. We'll have to agree to disagree on that. There's nothing wrong in having a positive attitude and being optimistic, but there has to come a time when one has to face facts, and reality. I said we are the worst team in the league, and I don't think there can really be much doubt about that. Simply denying it just won't do. I never said we wouldn't or couldn't win the play-off. Being able to put the ball into the back of the opposition net, and keeping it out of ours, is what will win the play off. Something this team is incapable of. "Viciferous support" - how often have we heard this on these forums? A team gets vociferous support when it gives the supporters something to shout about. Something else they have failed to do, week after week, since about mid February I think. I wish I shared your optimism, but I fear it's misplaced.

10-05-2014, 07:55 PM
I agree, once again we need to show our support. These games are huge for us, our team needs us more than ever. I know we are all feeling frustrated atm, and quite understandably so but we need to focus now on supporting the team and trying to get ourselves out the **** hole we are in.

Famous Fiver
10-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Any idea what ticket allocations for Hamilton or Falkirk away will be? Sure we will sell out either one.

Waxy
10-05-2014, 08:10 PM
We MUST give the manager and players our full backing for the playoffs. Massive moment in our history coming right up.

Ronniekirk
10-05-2014, 08:30 PM
You are entitled to your opinion of course. I just think you are wrong. We'll have to agree to disagree on that. There's nothing wrong in having a positive attitude and being optimistic, but there has to come a time when one has to face facts, and reality. I said we are the worst team in the league, and I don't think there can really be much doubt about that. Simply denying it just won't do. I never said we wouldn't or couldn't win the play-off. Being able to put the ball into the back of the opposition net, and keeping it out of ours, is what will win the play off. Something this team is incapable of. "Viciferous support" - how often have we heard this on these forums? A team gets vociferous support when it gives the supporters something to shout about. Something else they have failed to do, week after week, since about mid February I think. I wish I shared your optimism, but I fear it's misplaced.

I totally agree and have thought we would be in playoff since thistle away game where they beat us 3 1 .optimists need to give us realists some breathing space after yet another classic Hibs
performance , reasonable start without scoring ,opposition score with first real shot at goal and Bingo game over .

But no doubt I will be at both ties and I will probably try and take in one of the games Hamilton play just to see what we may be up against so I know whether I think we have a chance to beat them but at this stage my money is on the Championship side unless K T is totally fit and can last both games playing like he did in first half versus Partick driving us on and taking responsibility .But can we trust TB to pick right team and make right subs as today's killed the game and only he knows what that was about .

sambajustice
10-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Wont be going near either game, i've given up.

Hibs don't do anything for me except embarrass me and im not going to let them do it any more. Continually back the team when needed and every time let down.

Finished with them.

Craig_in_Prague
10-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Get along for "we'll support you ever more"

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 08:34 PM

Sorry but this is absolutely meaningless and pretty well lacking any relationship to the reality that our players now face IMO!

Suggest the OP reads this again with the benefit of a nights sleep and considers deleting the thread entirely!

Lets keep real about the situation that we are in please. That's the only way that a solution will be found for getting out of it!

Hibernia&Alba
10-05-2014, 08:37 PM

You're mad, mate. It's torture, and the consequences of failure are terrifying.

By the way, I'll be there.

coldingham hibs
10-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Too depressed to even think about the play off, I genuinely think the bigger the support the more likely we will lose.

The Sea-gull
10-05-2014, 08:44 PM

This is how I feel about it all. Don't want to be in it but if we win we might look back and say that in a weird way it was sort of enjoyable. If we get relegated, one season, and I say one season, down might actually be quite interesting and exciting though I'd rather not find out!

neil7908
10-05-2014, 08:46 PM
I'll almost certainly be at the home game but don't get to the away ones very often. I agree we need to back the team, especially in games like this but what is really shocking for me at the moment is that I'm losing my passion for the club.

The football we play is just so dreadful to watch, the only game that I can remember being vaguely excited or entertained over 90 mins was the Motherwell game that finished 3-3 at ER a few weeks back and even then 2 of our goals were headers from set pieces if memory serves.

It isn't just the results at the moment, the style of football is nothing short of an embarrassment. It's actually got to the point where folk genuinely think we've played well the last few games because we've managed the odd shot on target and been near to a goal or two. The fans have been that starved of any genuine quality going forward that any half chance becomes a thing of glory to behold.

Of course I'll keep supporting the team but its not just the losing that is getting to me, its the fact that a club like ours that has such a tradition of playing attacking, entertaining football has now sunk so low that we think the stuff we've watch in the last few games is decent.

hibee62
10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Sorry but this is absolutely meaningless and pretty well lacking any relationship to the reality that our players now face IMO!

Suggest the OP reads this again with the benefit of a nights sleep and considers deleting the thread entirely!

Lets keep real about the situation that we are in please. That's the only way that a solution will be found for getting out of it!

Sorry. I should have asked your permission before writing a positive post to try and rally some support. How very dare I!

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Sorry. I should have asked your permission before writing a positive post to try and rally some support. How very dare I!

Grow up ffs! :rolleyes:

hibee62
10-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Grow up ffs! :rolleyes:

I wrote a thread pointing out our flaws but pointing out that we now need to put them aside and focus on winning this playoff! There are many similar threads today. If you want to be negative and have an all is lost attitude before the first leg even kicks off that's up to you but don't attack my opinion and make out that my opinion is in some way not welcome!

In other words: get a grip!

greenpaper55
10-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Not a penny more until the clowns are gone at all levels.

Flanny boy
10-05-2014, 09:35 PM
I will be at the second leg at Easter rd.the consequences of relegation for our club would be severe IMO and despite this season being a nightmare we must pack out e.r for the final game this season
to make sure our club stays in the top flight where we belong

ekhibee
10-05-2014, 09:41 PM
I wrote a thread pointing out our flaws but pointing out that we now need to put them aside and focus on winning this playoff! There are many similar threads today. If you want to be negative and have an all is lost attitude before the first leg even kicks off that's up to you but don't attack my opinion and make out that my opinion is in some way not welcome!

Totally agree hibee62, well said, and I'll definitely be there, but give it half an hour or so and someone on this thread will call you an 'apologist'.

edinburghhibee
10-05-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm off the first leg so will head through to the away game for sure. Hopefully make the 2nd leg. I'm gutted tonight tho, absolutely gutted.

Shields Hibee
10-05-2014, 10:44 PM
I'll be there, definitely at home leg & may also do away leg.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Definitely going. Well provided that we're still in the tie after the first leg.

We'll support you evermore.

Hibeesmad
10-05-2014, 10:48 PM
I just hope the players haven't given up yet and are still willing to fight after today

Hibeesmad
10-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Will tickets be sold at the ticket office before the first leg? As the game is only 3 days after the semi final 2nd leg. Or will it be pay on the gate on the night? Also if you are able to buy from the ticket office, will tickets go on sale season ticket holders first or will it go straight to general sale?

iwasthere1972
10-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Will tickets be sold at the ticket office before the first leg? As the game is only 3 days after the semi final 2nd leg. Or will it be pay on the gate on the night? Also if you are able to buy from the ticket office, will tickets go on sale season ticket holders first or will it go straight to general sale?

Who knows? I would guess that tickets will go on sale within the next few days. Probably to season ticket holders first in case they want to reserve their own seats and then a general sale. The more cautious of fans will maybe wait to see how the first leg pans out before buying their tickets. Can't see this one being anywhere near a sell out as I think BT will be showing it (unless Maurice goes out to their staff and camera crew again and tells them to &@£@ off :greengrin) so PATG won't be an issue.

We obviously won't know who we are playing but that shouldn't matter in terms of selling tickets.

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 07:22 AM

You need a serious reality check if you think the nonsense you posted is helpful to anyone connected to Hibs in assisting the team win it's next two matches!:rolleyes:

However, if it makes you feel better, keep wasting your time posting more of the same! :greengrin

None of it makes any sense though in the real world which is where the next two matches will be played and those of us that go to these matches will go for our reasons and not because of "pie in the sky" nonsense! :wink:

Paisley Hibby
11-05-2014, 07:39 AM

This is what worries me. Butcher doesn't know what he's doing. And he's lost the fans.

ALF TUPPER
11-05-2014, 07:43 AM
It will probably be painful but, I'll be there home and away. :agree:

I'm_cabbaged
11-05-2014, 08:00 AM
I'm on holiday :-(

jakeshibs
11-05-2014, 09:01 AM
sorr

sorry, been supporting the Hibs for 40 years, cant see the heart or desire or ability to win or score. I feel so upset and frustrated at the moment with these players, our club....

steviehibsleith
11-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Hibs captain back page of sunday mail We were SHAMEFUL.
2 weeks ago goalie states team are soft and spoiled.
Manager and club calling for fans to turn out to help us stay up, we do and they don't respond.

So how about these shameful soft spoiled Hibs players pick up the match-day bill for the playoff ie its free !

And after they have done that 90 percent of them can leave the club whatever league we end up playing in next year.

hibsbollah
11-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Sadly, I just cant face it.

Ronniekirk
11-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Manager and club calling for fans to turn out to help us stay up, we do and they don't respond.

So how about these shameful soft spoiled Hibs players pick up the match-day bill for the playoff ie its free !

And after they have done that 90 percent of them can leave the club whatever league we end up playing in next year.

It's a waste of time players coming out publicly like that when it doesn't actually translate to players sitting down in private with Manager and working out what to do about it and then giving us a performance ( like they did at half time against Falkirk last year ) when that shambles of a team turned it around . But this lot huff and puff ,loose a goal and give up the Ghost week in week out .They seem incapable of collectively pulling together .when they don't get the early break you can see players standing shaking thier heads thinking this isn't going to be our day again .,instead of keeping on pressing till they break does come .even if we do score first in play off some of these players won't know how to handle situation as it's so long since they took the lead and we saw in home game against Motherwell when we went three two up we couldn't just keep composed and keep possession
The club will realise it can't fleece supporters again so they will need to make same as Killie game at least or perhaps a tenner a ticket .
Maybe the Proclaimers could do a free concert before the game and finish with a rendition of Sunshine on a Lieth with players out on park joining in maybe that would inspire them more than T Bs Log Jam speech .

murray26
11-05-2014, 09:46 AM
I'll be there home and away, bank holiday Monday after the home tie so could end up making a day of it, can't see them selling tickets until they know the ko time.

Ronniekirk
11-05-2014, 09:49 AM
It will probably be painful but, I'll be there home and away. :agree:

Yep sometimes I feels like we are just turning up with little expectation to confirm what we already know ,Hibs are in Free Fall yet again ,but this one IMO is the most spectacular of them all with the added humiliation of going down with Hear7s the Ultimate embarrassment .If that isn't Motivation enough for them ,nothing will be .But week after week they don't seem to be able to take their own Destiny into their own hands It's Capitulation of the highest Order as soon as we loose a goal despite a general improvement in our play before that happens .

Some of these injury prone players may not be suited to the artificial pitch so again we may have to chop and change team over the two games .

stoneyburn hibs
11-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Well played to everyone enduring another game at ER. Not going to the play off game, as I can't stomach any more.

Carheenlea
11-05-2014, 09:57 AM
I`d imagine that tickets for the first leg will be limited to season ticket holders only, with demand outstripping supply at either Falkirk or Hamilton.
Will be interesting to see what happens with season ticket holders regarding the return leg at Easter Road, but there will be a crowd pushing 15/16 thousand at least regardless.

Greenworld
11-05-2014, 09:58 AM

We wont win wake up and smell the coffee we are
pish. Our forwards are dreadful slower than slow.

worst midfield players ive ever seen and a defence that just
beggers belief.

but make no mistake the blame is firmley with butchet and
malpas...4 points from 39 is sacking form....:cb

truehibernian
11-05-2014, 10:02 AM

I'd do a psychological test on them - for next 10 days no access to East Mains, and they train like they did before it was built, Edinburgh Academy, Granton, Peffermill......make them work, travel, lift and carry the goals to parks, take a mini bus, clean their own boots......show them what a Championship player (and below) is used to. See how much they like it. Oh and morning and afternoon sessions.

coldingham hibs
11-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Well played to everyone enduring another game at ER. Not going to the play off game, as I can't stomach any more.

Totally agree, unless it is free entry. The club have no right to expect our support as they have repeatedly failed their side of the bargain.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 10:46 AM
If Hamilton win the playoff vs Falkirk do you think Hamilton would agree to moving their home leg to fir park Motherwell? Bigger ground = bigger crowd = more money? Just a thought.

cabbageandribs1875
11-05-2014, 10:53 AM
If Hamilton win the playoff vs Falkirk do you think Hamilton would agree to moving their home leg to fir park Motherwell? Bigger ground = bigger crowd = more money? Just a thought.

if Hamilton have serious aspirations about being in the SPFL they would be foolish to move away from a pitch they are used to playing on and been doing very well, if it's not broken don't fix it

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 10:58 AM

No, why would they? :confused:

The will believe that they can beat Hibs and playing on their own pitch will improve their belief that they will! :agree:

Gate receipts isn't what these giuys are after! :rolleyes:

They wan't the prize and, my fear is that they will want it more than our players, many of whom already know that the match result has little impact on where they will be playing next season as TB has apparently told a number of them weeks or months ago that he wouldn't be keeping them on at Hibs for next season "no matter what"! :agree: :wink:

Billy Whizz
11-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Who ever we play, it will be on astro turf at the away ground. Was at the Falkirk stadium for a Hibs under 20 game a few months ago. TB was impressed with the surface. Definitely gives the championship side a slight advantage

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 10:59 AM
I'd do a psychological test on them - for next 10 days no access to East Mains, and they train like they did before it was built, Edinburgh Academy, Granton, Peffermill......make them work, travel, lift and carry the goals to parks, take a mini bus, clean their own boots......show them what a Championship player (and below) is used to. See how much they like it. Oh and morning and afternoon sessions.

Great idea but never going to happen! :top marks

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 10:59 AM
if Hamilton have serious aspirations about being in the SPFL they would be foolish to move away from a pitch they are used to playing on and been doing very well, if it's not broken don't fix it

No, why would they? :confused:

The will believe that they can beat Hibs and playing on their own pitch will improve their belief that they will! :agree:

Gate receipts isn't what these giuys are after! :rolleyes:

They wan't the prize and, my fear is that they will want it more than our players, many of whom already know that the match result has little impact on where they will be playing next season as TB has apparently told a number of them weeks or months ago that he wouldn't be keeping them on at Hibs for next season "no matter what"! :agree: :wink:

Fair enough. Just asking.

hibee62
11-05-2014, 11:15 AM
An attempt at drumming up some support is met with ridicule by many. I give up!

I'll be at the home leg and cheering them on. No doubt a few on this board will be there to tell them how crap tey are after the first mis-placed pass. And some people deny the fans have any blame for where we are. We have the bet suppor when things are going well but the worst when things are tough!

Coco Bryce
11-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Yeah this is the biggest game in the clubs history, just like yesterday's and the one before that and the one before that, repeat to fade...

No surprise people have had enough to be honest.

one day maybe...
11-05-2014, 11:30 AM
I haven't been to ER for a while. I will however attend the home game and give my support. I love Hibs, third only to my wife and daughter in my life. I hate that we are in this predicament but hopefully by having a full vociferous Easter Road we can drag the team through. We will do our bit, now let us see the board make the price for the home game as affordable as possible to get the place jumping. This game does not effect ST's so £10 and £5 for concessions please and the place will be full.

GGTTH..

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 11:31 AM

I'll be at the home leg and cheering them on. No doubt a few on this board will be there to tell them how crap tey are after the first mis-placed pass. And some people deny the fans have any blame for where we are. We have the bet suppor when things are going well but the worst when things are tough!

So will the rest of us (as well as the away leg for many!) the difference between us and you is that our thoughts are based on what we see in front of us whereas I have no idea what dream you have selected yours from! :confused:

What makes you think, just because you post what you do, that the rest of us don't attend matches and want the team to win every game and encourage the players to achieve that during the games!? :confused:

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2014, 11:45 AM
If ever any of the folk out there believed the statement ...... WE THE FANS ARE HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB ... now is the time to buy into that. This is not about Sir Tom Farmer, Rod Petrie, Terry Butcher or the players. This is not about how badly we have been let down ........... not now !!!!

Two years ago in the weeks leading up to the Scottish cup final I was certain I would never see Hibs play in a bigger more important match ............ I was wrong.

If we fail to win this play off it will consign the club to the possibility of years in the doldrums, even worse than the current balls up ...... 2012 did not kill the club, but its highly unlikely that relegation to the championship as it will be in the next two seasons will see a repeat of the same miracle. It will be a disaster for the club worse than any cup final defeat to the hated Yams.

For going on 40 years now Hibs have driven me to despair and even tears at times .... they have also given me fleeting moments of utter joy and ecstasy ..... Love of this club has made me many friends as well and through it all I have never waivered in my belief that my club has the best supporters in Scotland ...... for me they have proved it time and again and I'm damn proud to be able to say that and be part of it.

That is why I will be there both home and away ( if I can get a ticket ) for the play off.

Not for the folk who own, run or play for my beautiful football club, but for me, for the last 40 years and to stand beside the fantastic, brilliant people who share my love of Hibernian Football club.

THIS IS ABOUT US ................ WE ARE HIBERNIAN F.C.

mutley
11-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Yes I was there yesterday, and as it stands I won't be going to the play offs.

By mid week I'll habe changed my mind and probably go to the home leg ( mid week fixtures no good as I work down south)

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2014, 11:56 AM

Are you kidding mate .................. No support in the world would have stuck by its club the way we have in the numbers we have given the years of **** we have had to endure ........... we may be grumpy sods at times ... but we always step up when it matters.

cleanyman
11-05-2014, 12:03 PM
We can do no more.

Its up to the players on the park.

And this is why we will go down.