PDA

View Full Version : Who replaces Butcher?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 03:34 PM
With a lot of fans calling for Butchers head already, who replaces him if he was to be sacked/leave?

I think he still needs time but he does seem clueless at times.

Suggestions?

Personally, I'd like Staurt McCall but he has said to folk ITK that he has no intention of taking the Hibs job due to the fans moaning at their own players. Or something like that...

andy1875
10-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Alex McLeish

But I don't think Butcher will be going anywhere unless he walks.

The club sacking another manager would be a financial disaster. Again.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Alex McLeish

:agree:

jacomo
10-05-2014, 03:40 PM
No one yet. He's got two games left.

But if the play offs go as everyone expects, I want Butcher to walk. Then I'd turn to Ian Murray.

Cameron1875
10-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Absolutely no idea i'm afraid.

One thing is for sure though... when the club holds talks with a manager there needs to be:

A clear vision from the manager
A style of play identified

We need to identify a style of play and bring in a manager who can get them playing that way e.g. Swansea. There's no point in one manager signing hoofball merchants then another manager coming in and needing to shift them out because he favours a more ball playing team.
Absolutely f******g mess of a club

Gustavo Fring
10-05-2014, 03:42 PM
if we go down ian murray would make alot of sense

if we stay up butcher will be in charge next season

Onion
10-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Alex McLeish

Agree with all of that. Petrie has excelled this time, even by his own low standards :rolleyes:

Butcher never struck me as a quitter, but even he might be grateful to get the hell out of Dodge.

Allan45
10-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Absolutely no idea i'm afraid.

One thing is for sure though... when the club holds talks with a manager there needs to be:

A clear vision from the manager
A style of play identified

We need to identify a style of play and bring in a manager who can get them playing that way e.g. Swansea. There's no point in one manager signing hoofball merchants then another manager coming in and needing to shift them out because he favours a more ball playing team.
Absolutely f******g mess of a club
I don't think Butcher will go. We may win the playoff. Then butcher will be given a season to turn this shambles of a club round.:cb

Del Boy
10-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Ian Murray if we go down. McNamara if we stay up.

Sean1875
10-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Agree with all of that. Petrie has excelled this time, even by his own low standards :rolleyes:

Butcher never struck me as a quitter, but even he might be grateful to get the hell out of Dodge.

I, like a large number of Hibs fans as well, wanted Butcher to come in when Fenlon left. Petrie answered this demand with Butcher, how is that his fault?

stoneyburn hibs
10-05-2014, 03:49 PM
No one yet. He's got two games left.

But if the play offs go as everyone expects, I want Butcher to walk. Then I'd turn to Ian Murray.

My thoughts as well. Seen Murray at the game today.

andy1875
10-05-2014, 03:49 PM
I should have said in my post above that if we do stay up, then i think Butcher will and probably should get at least 6 months of next season to improve this mess.

Despite this tragic form, most of it isn't his squad and he should improve over the summer.

Kenny Miller & Graeme Shinnie would be a good start.

All about opinions, i change my own almost daily the now.:rolleyes:

weonlywon6-2
10-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Doubt it will happen but for the sake of the op id like to see mcleish back in,wouldnt have to pay any compo then,just big eck a crap wage

Heisenberg
10-05-2014, 03:51 PM
My thoughts as well. Seen Murray at the game today.

Was there with his assistant manager too I think. Saw him on twitter advertising for some help in getting practice for his A licence assessment. It seems mad to be discussing getting rid of another manager but Butcher has been utterly woeful.

Just_Jimmy
10-05-2014, 03:53 PM

Why would jackie come here? He's got one of the most exciting squads in the league and a seemingly endless run of youth talent. He's in a Scottish cup final and his board back him properly.

Or Hibs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedHibby
10-05-2014, 03:54 PM
It seems pretty obvious to me that changing the manager again is not the answer. How many times have we (the fans) shouted to get someone out and bring in this manager or that manager then as soon as it doesn't all go to plan we want another one out. The club need to be investing in players not in paying management teams off. I do think Butcher will get it right given time and the full backing of the club and more importantly the FANS.

:flag:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 03:56 PM

McNamara wouldn't touch us.

eastmainsmsh
10-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Alex Miller Director of football Ian murray manager kevin thomson player assistant

Islington Hibs
10-05-2014, 03:58 PM
I am as disappointed as the next man but I wouldn't have sacked Fenlon when they did ( and posted so at the time) and I wouldn't sack Butcher now. This club cannot continue hiring and firing like a merry-go-round and Butcher needs a chance with his own team. The club however does need root and branch reform starting with attention to detail over marketing puff and some self belief.

DaveF
10-05-2014, 03:58 PM

Agree. We couldn't offer him enough money to even make him think about sorting the shambles we call a club.

Ronaldo9
10-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Barry Ferguson

dunfyhibby
10-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Iain Murray manager with John Collins by his side! Pat Nevin Director of football!

do it now! Butcher will not win the playoff! Totally clueless!

dunfyhibby
10-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Barry Ferguson
Not another Hun!

Bronson
I would really rather not see threads like this personally, he's going nowhere so what's the point?

southern hibby
My choice would be two fold John Collins back I'n. He can tactically change the game as he did when he embarrassed Strachan at Easter Road by beating Celtic. Obviously he is terrible at picking decent players but this can be worked on.
Our fitness levels have been shocking all season. He tried to address this and diets etc and players went behind his back. If nothing else it would show the players Hibs now mean business and that they would have to change their mindset and if not then bolt. Also he would probably not come back when Petrie is still here, so if this means Petrie has to go to get him back I'n, I for one am well happy.

Or here's another thought get Collins I'n to help butcher and Malpas with tactical selections. That way you'd have Butchers winning mentality, Collins tactical knowledge and physical training, dietary knowledge and Malpas to do his stuff. Not saying it would work but it could be worth a try if we can't afford to sack Butcher and it still means Petrie has to go. GGTTH

GreenLake
10-05-2014, 04:08 PM
I think it is a real possibility that Butcher walks at some point if the team can't shake off this curse. He could be hounded out too.

I'd try to get Darren Fletcher as player/manager and Steven Fletcher as player/coach and I know who their first two names on the team sheet would be. :greengrin

big gogs
10-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Why the fascination for Ian Murray,not being funny

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Barry Ferguson

April fools was ages ago bud.

patch1875
10-05-2014, 04:13 PM
MacLeish would be my choice wanted him before butcher can't see it happening though.

Michael

He's working miracles at Dumbarton. Plus, experience of the division we'll be in.

IberianHibernian
Advertise post and spend a t least a month interviewing candidates whatever happens in the play off . No rush , a lot of good managers will be available by the end of June . And look further afield than Scotland - Spain ( only an example ) -ex Malaga manager was quoted as being interested when Butcher was appointed and 2 Spanish managers who`ve played in Scotland ( ex St Mirren and Barca player Victor Muñoz and ex Raith player Calderon were both available at the time though since got jobs till end of season at least ) . In other countries , there`ll be good managers too . If looking for a Scottish manager - Danny Lennon`s team play good football and have won a cup and I`m sure he`d be highly-motivated and wouldn`t be expensive ( no compensation ) .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 04:15 PM
He's working miracles at Dumbarton. Plus, experience of the division we'll be in.

Sounds similar to Butcher before he came here...

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Give the job to Rod, he's done every other job so why not let him ****in manage us now?

FFS he's already done Butchers team talk for him before. :rolleyes:

Michael
10-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Sounds similar to Butcher before he came here...

Well you don't bring in a manger who you think'll be **** do you?

DAVE1875
10-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Mogga is free isn't he?

emerald green
10-05-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if any decent coaches would want to touch this poisoned chalice with a barge pole. No doubt we will read in the papers if TB/MM are sacked that there have been 100s of applications though. On and on it goes and f*** all really changes. It just gets worse. God, I'm feeling and sounding so cynical. This s*** just sucks the life out of you.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 04:21 PM

Anything can happen when Petrie is employing folk. Calderclown is a prime example.

erskine-hibby
10-05-2014, 04:25 PM
No one. Butcher stays regardless, gets rid of the duds and at last gets his OWN team on the park to fix Fenlons ****** ups.

rabcp1
10-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Will a new manager change anything? Let’s face the harsh reality, this has been coming for a long time and realistically Butcher is paying the price for Fenlon’s failure to build a squad, Fenlon had 4 transfer windows and yet Butcher has inherited a squad with;

A keeper who doesn’t come off his line
No proper fullbacks
Center halves who have never looked convincing
No Real wingers
No Pace
4 holding midfielders
No attacking midfielders
And no real strike force.

How the hell can you expect to build a team from that?

Yes when Fenlon left we we’re 7th but if anyone really thinks its butchers fault that we’re in this mess then they’re kidding themselves, everyone had found out how to play against us just before Fenlon left, had he stayed we would still would have been dragged into the situation we are in now, had we not had Griffiths last year we would probably be in the Championship this season.

Butcher has had one transfer window to try and fix all of the above issues, yes he failed in that window but at least without the usual 4th/5th choice players signed on 2 year deals. It looks as if he’s run out of ideas but with this squad could anyone else really do a better job? We’re where we deserve to be, the table doesn’t lie. The only positive is at least next season no matter what division we’re in the vast majority of these imposters will be gone, and I’m sure Butcher can build us a proper winning side, if he’s not hounded out first…

RedHibby
10-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Will a new manager change anything? Let’s face the harsh reality, this has been coming for a long time and realistically Butcher is paying the price for Fenlon’s failure to build a squad, Fenlon had 4 transfer windows and yet Butcher has inherited a squad with;

No proper fullbacks
No Real wingers
No Pace
4 holding midfielders
No attacking midfielders

Yes when Fenlon left we we’re 7th but if anyone really thinks its butchers fault that we’re in this mess then they’re kidding themselves, everyone had found out how to play against us just before Fenlon left, had he stayed we would still would have been dragged into the situation we are in now, had we not had Griffiths last year we would probably be in the Championship this season.

Spot on

Butcher has had one transfer window to try and fix all of the above issues, yes he failed in that window but at least without the usual 4th/5th choice players signed on 2 year deals. It looks as if he’s run out of ideas but with this squad could anyone else really do a better job? We’re where we deserve to be, the table doesn’t lie. The only positive is at least next season no matter what division we’re in the vast majority of these imposters will be gone, and I’m sure Butcher can build us a proper winning side, if he’s not hounded out first…
:top marks

Dr Jimmy
10-05-2014, 06:03 PM

No. You change manager because you believe the new guy will be better. This has not been the case...... Again.

dodecar
10-05-2014, 06:11 PM
I, like a large number of Hibs fans as well, wanted Butcher to come in when Fenlon left. Petrie answered this demand with Butcher, how is that his fault?

I thought we should have let Fenlon see out his contract ,then looked around. there are always lots of managers available . Pat had us playing better football than Butchers long ball p!ss .Though like most I was excited when he was appointed,but alas , it's obvious he's clueless. To answer the question ,I don't know ,but I do know we should go the Swansea way ,it was good enough for us in the past . We've got another Jim Duffy on our hands and if we go down ,as I fully expect us to do ,Butcher must walk and not be hanging on for money like Duffy did. It's a hard job though!

dodecar
10-05-2014, 06:19 PM

No proper fullbacks
No Real wingers
No Pace
4 holding midfielders
No attacking midfielders

I agree with your analysis of our side and there's a great deal of truth in what you say ,but the fact is we have got worse with Butcher . Look at the guys he brought in on loan ,they are all substandard ,look at the way he chops and changes the team ,no,no,no, he's not the man for my club,fenlon for all his limitations was better and tried to play attractive passing football. Butcher can talk fine ,I'll grant you that!

bingo70
10-05-2014, 06:21 PM
With this new wifey coming in from motherwell its inevitable imo that we will go for mccall at some point next season if we stay up.

If we go down and we are struggling next year then **** knows

Up The Bracket
10-05-2014, 06:21 PM
What an utterly pointless thread

Bostonhibby
10-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Barry Ferguson

I'd rather have Barry Manilow or Sarah Ferguson.

Dr Jimmy
10-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Just stick a hat rack in the dug out. Probably just as tactically astute as Butcher and would move about as much as butcher did today.

scuttle
10-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Jimmy Calderwood anybody

Albion Hibs
10-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Butcher does not need replaced he needs a team of decent footballers. The sad reality is if you contrast the teams we have had over past seasons, when we were not great, each of them would pump the current gang. I do not honestly believe that the likes of nish, sodje would not walk into this team. The board should have sacked fenlon a long time ago, instead they backed the wrong man, who has assembled a dire team. Furthermore rather than a club like hibs capitalising on a league without a rangers and hearts we have gone backwards and the backwards again.

Bronson
10-05-2014, 06:39 PM
What an utterly pointless thread

The Sea-gull
10-05-2014, 08:10 PM

Too right he wouldn't. Not right now anyway. Only chance we have of getting him is if he ever finds himself unemployed but then would we want him as he'd be unemployed for a reason. I wanted butcher or McCall when Fenlon left. Edged towards butcher in the end. How bad was my judgement. Think it has been said that McCall has already said thanks but no thanks in the past but that was before Dempster was in place.

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 08:16 PM
I don't think Butcher will go. We may win the playoff. Then butcher will be given a season to turn this shambles of a club round.:cb

I think that many have already decided that Butcher is not up to the job and may not return unless and until he is gone! :dunno: :hmmm:

He was clueless today as to how to change things to improve the team and seemed to have no idea that Killie were taking advantage of the poor defending over on our left side of defence and midfield with almost everything they did that threatened us coming down that side including the cross for Boyd's goal! :confused:

Captain Trips
10-05-2014, 08:17 PM
I think Danny Lennon could be a good fit. Won St Mirren a trophy kept them up. Might be out of contract as well.

Tha Cabbage Kid
10-05-2014, 08:20 PM
absolutely NO rookie managers if butcher walks or is pushed.

weonlywon6-2
10-05-2014, 08:24 PM
No manager is going to change these players

We somehow need to get through the play off and start with a clean slate next season

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Butcher does not need replaced he needs a team of decent footballers. The sad reality is if you contrast the teams we have had over past seasons, when we were not great, each of them would pump the current gang. I do not honestly believe that the likes of nish, sodje would not walk into this team. The board should have sacked fenlon a long time ago, instead they backed the wrong man, who has assembled a dire team. Furthermore rather than a club like hibs capitalising on a league without a rangers and hearts we have gone backwards and the backwards again.

No doubt we need some new players in the squad with skill, pace and grit and determinationas well as being as fit as they possibly can be at each and every game, something we sadly don't have at the moment! :rolleyes:

However, IMO TB is not the footballing Messiah that people were shouting on here when it appeared that he might be coming here as manager! Far from it IMO!

Never makes a substitution which is not a like for like change and today, took off our best two midfielders and replaced them with guys who were lacking match practice and familiarity with the team judging by their performances!

Constantly allows our defence to take a deep line in or near to our own penalty area thereby allowing the opposition to find acres of space to work offensively in which was why Killie looked so relaxed in the second half IMO!

Hasn't got the players (midfield especially) trained to a maximum level of fitness, hasn't got them chasing the ball when the opposition have it in "packs" such that gettitng it back gets a bit easlier as the opposition have nowhere to go eventually. Today we had a couple of players chasing the ball when lost but with huge gaps to the next nearest Hibs players meaning that Killie could easily move the ball around and retain possession!

Unbelievable actually and some decent reasons after all this time why we need someone else managing our teams IMO! :agree:

I'm not even going to get into team selections and/or motivational and psychological work to bost confidence levels of individual players and therefore the team as a whole! :rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
10-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I think Danny Lennon could be a good fit. Won St Mirren a trophy kept them up. Might be out of contract as well.

I dont understand why Danny lennon is considered to be a better option the butcher. When butcher left Inverness he had HIS team in 2nd place, we were mid table and st mirren were second bottom, take away their result against us and they would be where we are now. I don't see how Danny Lennon is anywhere close to being a better option than butcher.

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 08:29 PM
I dont understand why Danny lennon is considered to be a better option the butcher. When butcher left Inverness he had HIS team in 2nd place, we were mid table and st mirren were second bottom, take away their result against us and they would be where we are now. I don't see how Danny Lennon is anywhere close to being a better option than butcher.

Danny Lennon has shown that he can win matches when the going gets tough whereas TB has not!:agree:

I'm not advocating DL for Hibs btw! :wink:

southsider
10-05-2014, 08:32 PM

Ok i will round up the posse.

Albion Hibs
10-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Danny Lennon has shown that he can win matches when the going gets tough whereas TB has not!:agree:

I'm not advocating DL for Hibs btw! :wink:

the key thing for me is the team that Danny Lennon assembled ended in yet another relegation battle. TB has picked up a load of dross, at the same time as one of our former managers has dragged his previous team from 2nd down to 5th.

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 08:42 PM
the key thing for me is the team that Danny Lennon assembled ended in yet another relegation battle. TB has picked up a load of dross, at the same time as one of our former managers has dragged his previous team from 2nd down to 5th.

He's also only ever had one real "success" story and that after getting them relegated first and that was "the ICT story"!

Check his Wiki page before you suggest that he has no responsibility for results over the period since he has been in charge at Hibs!

500miles
10-05-2014, 08:43 PM

He manages a part time team and had them 5 points short of being in the Premier League Playoffs. That's pretty damn impressive. Oh, and when he came in to the job, he had them winning, even with the old manager's players.

keith196247
10-05-2014, 08:44 PM
try petrie first he is the main problem butcher needs time to bring decent players in no more loan signings on the cheap we need real quality and its up to petrie to fund them. for to long this club has been on the slippy slope today we are at the bottom of it if petrie cant fund it get him out squandered millions on rubbish

Albion Hibs
10-05-2014, 08:47 PM
He's also only ever had one real "success" story and that after getting them relegated first and that was "the ICT story"!

Check his Wiki page before you suggest that he has no responsibility for results over the period since he has been in charge at Hibs!

When did I suggest he has "no responsibility"? Like any manager he has to take responsibility, but I would like to judge him on his team and what he does, not on the mess the imposter pat fenlon left behind him.

nic81
10-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Anyone in their right mind would not come near us in a million years, we wanted Butcher we got him, deal with it!

Scottie
10-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Admins can we no close this thread until the day after the play off's

The club will stand by him until his position is untenable and he walks free of compo.

Thats the time to then discuss the new manager surely. :rolleyes:

nic81
10-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Admins can we no close this thread until the day after the play off's

The club will stand by him until his position is untenable and he walks free of compo.

Thats the time to then discuss the new manager surely. :rolleyes:

For another 20 to be started! This is not going to go away, hysterical children spitting the dummy comes to mind

J-C
10-05-2014, 08:54 PM
I unlike many here didn't want Butcher but gave him my backing anyway as he was and is the manager, it all depends where we are playing next year who replaces Butcher if he goes. If we go down, then Murray would be a good move, young enthusiastic, a good Hibee and already knows what the Championship is all about, TBH I don't think we'll come straight back up, it looks like 2-3 years down there to do a proper rebuild. Another shout may be Danny Lennon ( no new contract offer yet ), another Hibee who's done fairly well with zero resources at St Mirren, also likes to have his teams play attractive football.

Captain Trips
10-05-2014, 09:04 PM

Terry Butcher has had us on a disgraceful run that now sees us in real danger of relegation. I can say based on his running of the team thus far he could very easily lose the playoff.

We are likely to lose under TB the performances are indicative of that. Lennon or anyone else offers something unknown and I am up for the unknown than the quite frankly inevitable. I would rather have any manager in the whole Scottish league take charge for the playoff than Butcher.

Scottie
10-05-2014, 09:09 PM
For another 20 to be started! This is not going to go away, hysterical children spitting the dummy comes to mind

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 09:11 PM
When did I suggest he has "no responsibility"? Like any manager he has to take responsibility, but I would like to judge him on his team and what he does, not on the mess the imposter pat fenlon left behind him.

When you take up an appointment in any business, you must work within the constraints that you have placed on you and that often includes working with the existing staff until things can reasonably and sensibly be changed! :agree:

Same at Hibs although players can only be changed at prescribed times of the year. :agree:

He knew what he was coming into and, if he is a capable manager (which I personally doubt given his performance at Hibs over a number of months now), then he would have worked with what he had to get results! Fenlon managed to achieve considerably better results this season with the same players but without those that TB brought in during January! :rolleyes:

majorhibs
10-05-2014, 09:14 PM

Did you not back Fenlon long & large after everyone else had had enough? Anyway, this place is just full of wierdos on every thread the now. People who actually think where Hibs are under this chairmanship/management since start of the year- WOW - please share out some of your drugs, cos I cant remember worse since mid 70s - now, & please, tae all the merchants on saying be quiet cos Butcher was the appointment "we" all wanted- just bolt with that crap, there is probs a good few like me who love fitba & kinda know about potential Hibs managers previous, just like I was extremely dubious about C.Calderwood due to the job he'd done previous at N. forest & Before & their fans reactions to him, as a fan these figures in fitba are always in your peripheral vision, same as Steve Clarke, Paul Ince etc from before who were linked wi Hibs, even Kenny Shiels, as a Hibs fan & a fitba fan its easy to keep an eye on these figures involved in the game, as such & as having had numerous "discussions" wi the mates & Butchers name coming up regular, people who knew me knew I was never a fan. But the bad results Pat Fenlon had along with the results against Edinburghs poorest meant he had to go, I accepted & indeed hoped big style that this guy who has been involved with football his whole life, along with his team, could do something for the club I love. Unfortunately, since he came in the club has descended into worse than a shambles, acheiving the impossible in Scotland with league placings, sorry but they along with the board are in an untenable position. There can be no way out for such a bad performance. I really do not believe there will have been a worse collapse in any senior league in Europe than Rod Petrie & Terry Butcher have inflicted on Hibs this season. & its not the fans or Pat Fenlon to blame for this disgrace & the threat to the future of the club I love, the blame lies with Rod Petrie & Terry Butcher- 2 guys I really believe should be seeking careers well, well away from running or managing football clubs, but if they insist, well please away & run or manage any club but my Club!

Craig_in_Prague
10-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Big Eck.

edinburghhibee
10-05-2014, 09:17 PM
I'd go for Nigel worthington at York city they have been doing well for such a small club since December I believe it's 17 games unbeaten in league 2 decent record.

wills
10-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Said it on another post get rid of butcher now, before play offs, bring new manager in and hopefully get that feel good factor from the players looking to impress manager for new contract.
Would take either McLeish or Mowbray

judas
10-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Alex McLeish

see this is the problem with these threads. McLeish? You are delusional.

judas
10-05-2014, 11:23 PM
I think it's pretty crass to ask the fans who should replace Butcher after the clamour by fans to get Butcher signed and to get Fenlon out.

We need a Board of Directors who totally ignore the wishes of the fans and do it their own way.

yes. There's much truth in this.

The Omega Man
10-05-2014, 11:24 PM
I, like a large number of Hibs fans as well, wanted Butcher to come in when Fenlon left. Petrie answered this demand with Butcher, how is that his fault?I'm tempted to say that someone who calls for Butcher to be appointed manager of their club frankly doesnt deserve to have an opinion on who his replacement should be. The bloke is ****ing clueless and should never have been appointed.

If he walks, as he should, then Hibs should perhaps look to the Football League in England for his replacement. Plenty of decent managers there who would do ok. Billy Davies would be a good shout - if he was willing to come and Hibs could afford him.

iwasthere1972
11-05-2014, 12:46 AM
You've got to ask yourself who in their right mind would want to come in now with the prospect of us being in the Championship next season and maybe remaining there for at least a couple of seasons.

Aye probably someone who will take any job right now and nobody else wants them.

What's Jimmy Calderwood doing those days?

Lmc2105
11-05-2014, 12:58 AM
James Mcdonaugh, knows the players inside out plays really good football with the youngsters (lots of goals scored by his teams this season) he couldn't be any worse!

Borderhibbie76
11-05-2014, 04:42 AM
Right now I firmly believe we would have a better chance in play offs with no manager. Watching Butcher slumped in that dugout for 90 mins yesterday doesnt inspire me...no wonder he cannot motivate the players!! I know this current lot are tom kite, worst hibs team in my 30 plus yrs of supporting hibs, but make no mistake this is Butcher's mess...we were nowhere near danger when fenlon left. Yes we were still poor and going nowhere but fenlon would not have dragged us to relegation, I firmly believe that. I now have ZERO faith in Butcher, and his post match chats are cringeworthy and embarrassing. Going on yesterday about missing a log...I mean WTF???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Did you not back Fenlon long & large after everyone else had had enough? Anyway, this place is just full of wierdos on every thread the now. People who actually think where Hibs are under this chairmanship/management since start of the year- WOW - please share out some of your drugs, cos I cant remember worse since mid 70s - now, & please, tae all the merchants on saying be quiet cos Butcher was the appointment "we" all wanted- just bolt with that crap, there is probs a good few like me who love fitba & kinda know about potential Hibs managers previous, just like I was extremely dubious about C.Calderwood due to the job he'd done previous at N. forest & Before & their fans reactions to him, as a fan these figures in fitba are always in your peripheral vision, same as Steve Clarke, Paul Ince etc from before who were linked wi Hibs, even Kenny Shiels, as a Hibs fan & a fitba fan its easy to keep an eye on these figures involved in the game, as such & as having had numerous "discussions" wi the mates & Butchers name coming up regular, people who knew me knew I was never a fan. But the bad results Pat Fenlon had along with the results against Edinburghs poorest meant he had to go, I accepted & indeed hoped big style that this guy who has been involved with football his whole life, along with his team, could do something for the club I love. Unfortunately, since he came in the club has descended into worse than a shambles, acheiving the impossible in Scotland with league placings, sorry but they along with the board are in an untenable position. There can be no way out for such a bad performance. I really do not believe there will have been a worse collapse in any senior league in Europe than Rod Petrie & Terry Butcher have inflicted on Hibs this season. & its not the fans or Pat Fenlon to blame for this disgrace & the threat to the future of the club I love, the blame lies with Rod Petrie & Terry Butcher- 2 guys I really believe should be seeking careers well, well away from running or managing football clubs, but if they insist, well please away & run or manage any club but my Club!

No, I wanted fenlon gone after the hearts final, and every game following on from that. I don't disagree that the form has been horrendous. I said start of the season we were goingntomstruggle to score goals and we have, that is the biggest thing for this team and the first time in a long time that I can remember a hibs team where our strikers were not our best players / strongest area of the team - that is down to fenlon, he signed who he signed and that is what what we are left with.

All this criticism of butchers tactics is ridiculous. His tactics were good enough to get ICT to 2nd in the league, when playing against all the current teams in the current league-this is a fact. Therefore the only difference is the players. This water into wine mentality is nonsense.

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 07:12 AM

You need to apply some common sense to your thoughts before posting! :agree:

How did you think that he would get us to the Summer in the SPFL if he wasn't going to do it with "Fenlon's team" ?

Can't wait to hear your response to this although maybe you'll just avoid replying as you did to another post I made last night replying to another of your naive posts supporting TB! :wink: :rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 07:58 AM
You need to apply some common sense to your thoughts before posting! :agree:

How did you think that he would get us to the Summer in the SPFL if he wasn't going to do it with "Fenlon's team" ?

Can't wait to hear your response to this although maybe you'll just avoid replying as you did to another post I made last night replying to another of your naive posts supporting TB! :wink: :rolleyes:

Your earlier posts went on a bit and were quite frankly drivel, alas a bid not allocate any time to responding to them.

again I have never stated that he would not have to do it with this team, I would have thought that was painstakingly obvious. (For my views on January transfer windows, you could go back through some of my older posts, you seem like the sort of person that would do that.)

the he simple fact is terry butcher did not become the worst manager in the premier league over night, or during his drive down the A9, only one thing changed during that time and it was the team of players at his disposal. The start of this season shows he not only has the ability to build a team but the tactical awareness to get that team to 2nd in the league. Yet again many seem he'll bent on the next new manager, this one seems like the all time Hail Mary even by .net standards.

I do understand that you want butcher out but who do you see replacing him?

McIntosh
11-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Alex McLeish

:agree: My first choice. However, if it is a new appointment or TB they need significant funding to address the palpable deficiency in playing quality. We also need a marque signing - LG at all costs.

livi hibby
11-05-2014, 08:23 AM
i would like to know where we all seem to think the money is coming from to get rid of the manager and his coaching staff and then most of the first team we also got leeann dempster coming in and then we got to get the man who might again cost us money to get and his full new team or are most happy with loan signing not me sick of us being used as a shop window .lets let ian murray learn the job first before we ask him to take over a shambles of a club

lucky
11-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Alex Miller Director of football Ian murray manager kevin thomson player assistant

We get rid of 1 Hun and you want to bring in 2

jakeshibs
11-05-2014, 08:54 AM
Alex McLeish

AM nearly killed the club the last time and got us in too much debt, he is a no from me.

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Your earlier posts went on a bit and were quite frankly drivel, alas a bid not allocate any time to responding to them.

again I have never stated that he would not have to do it with this team, I would have thought that was painstakingly obvious. (For my views on January transfer windows, you could go back through some of my older posts, you seem like the sort of person that would do that.)

the he simple fact is terry butcher did not become the worst manager in the premier league over night, or during his drive down the A9, only one thing changed during that time and it was the team of players at his disposal. The start of this season shows he not only has the ability to build a team but the tactical awareness to get that team to 2nd in the league. Yet again many seem he'll bent on the next new manager, this one seems like the all time Hail Mary even by .net standards.

I've always found that people who avoid answering direct questions by asking questions instead or trying to "muddy the waters" don't have a proper argument and facts to answer the direct question!

Instead, they resort to "name calling", pathetic attempts at ridicule and generally trying to justify their own inability to deal with a rational angle on their view!

You sir, match all of the above 100%!

PS: I've repeated the original question to invite you to answer it properly if you feel able to do so? In other words, not in the way you responded to my last attempt to extricate your thoughts on that specific matter please!

"How did you think that he (TB) would get us (Hibs) to the Summer in the SPFL if he wasn't going to do it with "Fenlon's team" ?"

J-C
11-05-2014, 09:43 AM

His responsibility is he's made a total **** up of his reign as manager of Hibs, he took a boring middle league team and managed in one fowl swoop to turn them into the worst team in the league, if Hearts hadn't had the 15pt deduction, we'd be sitting bottom of this league and looking at years in the wilderness.

So who is the impostor, Fenlon or Butcher, the way I see it it looks like Butcher as Pat was honest enough to agree his time had come and he was out his depth.

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 10:13 AM
His responsibility is he's made a total **** up of his reign as manager of Hibs, he took a boring middle league team and managed in one fowl swoop to turn them into the worst team in the league, if Hearts hadn't had the 15pt deduction, we'd be sitting bottom of this league and looking at years in the wilderness.

So who is the impostor, Fenlon or Butcher, the way I see it it looks like Butcher as Pat was honest enough to agree his time had come and he was out his depth.

Difficult to argue with any of that! :agree:

Sir David Gray
11-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Don't care who the manager is, as long as the hierarchy remains at the club, nothing will change.

Aldo
11-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Don't care who the manager is, as long as the hierarchy remains at the club, nothing will change.

This is spot on. Just discussing this with a fellow Hibby as we speak.

heretoday
11-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Danny Lennon if he gets the boot from St M. Why they would sack him is a mystery.

Cropley10
11-05-2014, 10:43 AM
We get rid of 1 Hun and you want to bring in 2

Shameful. Unless your tongue is in cheek.

yeezus.
11-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Simon Grayson :cb

Albion Hibs
11-05-2014, 11:37 AM

I']I've always found that people who avoid answering direct questions by asking questions instead or trying to "muddy the waters" don't have a proper argument and facts to answer the direct question!

Instead, they resort to "name calling", pathetic attempts at ridicule and generally trying to justify their own inability to deal with a rational angle on their view!

You sir, match all of the above 100%!

PS: I've repeated the original question to invite you to answer it properly if you feel able to do so? In other words, not in the way you responded to my last attempt to extricate your thoughts on that specific matter please!

"How did you think that he (TB) would get us (Hibs) to the Summer in the SPFL if he wasn't going to do it with "Fenlon's team" ?"

I have highlighted may original answer to thenuestion you raised. Going beyond that would of course require bt himself to provide a direct answer to the question.

I have also underlined my question to you, and a subsequent extract from your responding post. That sir is irony.

The Leith Dutch
11-05-2014, 12:05 PM
When you take up an appointment in any business, you must work within the constraints that you have placed on you and that often includes working with the existing staff until things can reasonably and sensibly be changed! :agree:

Same at Hibs although players can only be changed at prescribed times of the year. :agree:

He knew what he was coming into and, if he is a capable manager (which I personally doubt given his performance at Hibs over a number of months now), then he would have worked with what he had to get results! Fenlon managed to achieve considerably better results this season with the same players but without those that TB brought in during January! :rolleyes:

:top marks

TornadoHibby
11-05-2014, 12:07 PM
:greengrin
I have highlighted may original answer to thenuestion you raised. Going beyond that would of course require bt himself to provide a direct answer to the question.

I have also underlined my question to you, and a subsequent extract from your responding post. That sir is irony.

Now you excel yourself with your stupidity and continued inability to answer a question that you were invited to answer a while back today.

In that post (which the question arose from) you blamed "Fenlon's Team" for the free fall since Fenlon resigned stating that (roughly) that "Butcher couldn't have done any better with "Fenlon's Team" despite being a football management legend as a result of his achievements at ICT where performance have not been as good since he left" - the latter probably due to the current manager's failings, which all Hibs supporters are only too well aware of!

I asked you the following question, twice now actually:-

You have again failed to answer the question and I must therefore conclude that you realise the points you were making about TB being unable to do anything with Fenlon's Team and "look what's happened to ICT since TB left" were very imaginative but entirely misguided and just wrong! :agree:

Irony my arse! :greengrin

You wouldn't know what that meant if it jumped up and bit your arse! :wink:

If you thought that I would waste time looking over some of your historic posts then you have less up top than I had even thought up until just before then!

PS take a look at posts 100 and now 102 too! :greengrin :wink:

southsider
11-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Anyone who thinks that a different coach cannot get anothers' players to play for him then i give you Tony Pullas and Gordon Strachan. Both took a squad of no hope loosers and turned results around. Sacking Butchers is our only hope as we cannot defend and cannot score. We are THE worst team in the league by a country mile.