PDA

View Full Version : Boycott

QMU-1875
10-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Tin hat on because I know that there will be people who disagree but enough is enough. We need to get our club back from the hands of Farmer and Petrie. The clubs demise has come about because our owner does not care, he saved us not because this is the club he loves but because of family ties. Other clubs have owners who invest because they want success for the club they love, look at Stewart Milne at Aberdeen at the end of the league cup final in tears and Eddie Thomson at Dundee United as examples. We as season ticket purchasing, merchandise buying consumers of Hibernian FC are feeding Petrie his salary and the only way that these two men will listen is to attack the one thing that they are emotionally attached to, money. If we stop investing they will leave and we can win our club back and bring back the glory days that we sorely deserve. To Farmer I am eternally grateful to you for saving this club but now you are killing it. Enough is enough, the fans must be heard, we must stop investing money and save our club.

dmc1875
10-05-2014, 03:04 PM
I will be backing the team over the next two weeks as I sure as hell do not want us to be relegated as that would be a complete disaster. We need to rally round get a decent support for the return leg and leave the fighting about Petrie/Farmer etc until we are safe.

If we boycott the playoffs it's not going to help us at all in our bid to stay up

10-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Get what your saying but for me I would rather stick by my club. I am a hibs supporter regardless of whos in charge and I will support my club through thick and thin. Boycotting would hurt the club more than Petrie and Farmer believe me.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Tin hat on because I know that there will be people who disagree but enough is enough. We need to get our club back from the hands of Farmer and Petrie. The clubs demise has come about because our owner does not care, he saved us not because this is the club he loves but because of family ties. Other clubs have owners who invest because they want success for the club they love, look at Stewart Milne at Aberdeen at the end of the league cup final in tears and Eddie Thomson at Dundee United as examples. We as season ticket purchasing, merchandise buying consumers of Hibernian FC are feeding Petrie his salary and the only way that these two men will listen is to attack the one thing that they are emotionally attached to, money. If we stop investing they will leave and we can win our club back and bring back the glory days that we sorely deserve. To Farmer I am eternally grateful to you for saving this club but now you are killing it. Enough is enough, the fans must be heard, we must stop investing money and save our club.

I will not be going to games anymore until situation is fixed. I have also cancelled my HibsTV subscription - they are, as I've stated, now taking advantage of loyalty.

I appreciate what Farmer did for the club but this is no longer tenable. We continue down this path and Hibernian FC will no longer exist.

Islington Hibs
10-05-2014, 03:07 PM
I see little point on a boycott - understand if people don't go due to consistent poor entertainment, but not a boycott. Just makes matters worse.

That said Petrie has well outstayed his welcome and must resign, if has any honour, after the play-offs win or lose.

As for STF there is no point jumping out of the frying pan. Ideally we would find a new owner who was much more hands on but these people are few and far between and many owners tend to be mad and/or bad so on balance prefer his stability and decency but I can't understand why such a successful man sticks with such a smug looser like Petrie

Hiber-nation
10-05-2014, 03:07 PM

Boycott yer erse. The fans are needed more than ever.

AL-Qaholik
10-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Best of luck with this thread...

I started a similar thread months ago when I could see exactly where things were heading and was labelled everything from a sabateur to a yam!

Some people are just happy to bitch & moan from behind their keyboards but do absolutely nothing practical to affect the change we all know is sorely needed!

I, for one, refused to purchase a season ticket for next year...and I currently couldn't be happier about that!

Ozyhibby
If we go down the unofficial boycott of next season will happen anyway. There will be no talk of great adventure like last time. People have had enough.

SouthamptonHibs
Wage thiefs

Pretty Boy
10-05-2014, 03:09 PM
I'll probably go to both play off games and I'm already commited to a ST for next season.

Don't blame anyone who wants to boycott though.

madhatter
I will be backing the team over the next two weeks as I sure as hell do not want us to be relegated as that would be a complete disaster. We need to rally round get a decent support for the return leg and leave the fighting about Petrie/Farmer etc until we are safe.

If we boycott the playoffs it's not going to help us at all in our bid to stay up

Not meaning this as a dig, just asking - do you think backing the club has actually helped? I've been there backing and we had an excellent turnout today for failure again. I just don't see the same backing = good performance formula that other clubs get. There is something rotten at Hibs and backing the club doesn't appear to cure the problem.

mcfly
Fans turned up in huge numbers again today.

Again we were let down.

How many more kicks in the baws can you take from this team and management.

HappyAsHellas
10-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Couldn't do it. I know it's a humpy team right now, but it's my humpty team.

scuttle
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM

I thought it would have been clean sheets and a few goals , the fans are making no difference to performances at the moment

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 03:33 PM

I started a similar thread months ago when I could see exactly where things were heading and was labelled everything from a sabateur to a yam!

Some people are just happy to bitch & moan from behind their keyboards but do absolutely nothing practical to affect the change we all know is sorely needed!

I, for one, refused to purchase a season ticket for next year...and I currently couldn't be happier about that!

the norm would also include being called other disparaging names, like a 'bedwetter' , although i've not saw much of these posters using that word the last few weeks

but anyway, nah to a boycott as it only hurts the club more, mon the protests though :greengrin

Tommy75
10-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Extremely rare poster but couldn't resist a reply to this thread.

I am absolute disgusted that a fellow Hibs supporter is calling for a boycott. Our club needs us more than ever now.

Lets turn up to the play offs in great numbers, make plenty noise and cheer the team on. Lets save all the chat of boycotts and protests until the end of the season
Cause our seasons not over!!

Green&White
10-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Spot on. We could move to Murrayfeild and sell it out with just hibs fans and it wouldn't make a single bit of difference to this lot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

QMU-1875
10-05-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm not trying to drum up support to stop people supporting the club. I feel it is time we took back control from two people who don't care about our football club. We have an emotional attachment with Hibernian we feel the highs and lows on the pitch, Petrie and Farmer are immune to this and only feel attachment to balance sheets. I will be at the playoffs supporting the team, of course I will, but there is not a chance I will invest any more money in to hibs after this until we gain control of our football club and save it!

Onion
10-05-2014, 03:51 PM

:top marks Sure as the days go by, anger will subside and we'll start to build again for the POs. We need to rally again.

But, if we stay up, we need a thorough post-mortem of how we got into this mess. ID those responsible and get them out of the club. Oh, and since Petrie is ultimately accountable for club/company performance, he must be among the first on the list.

weonlywon6-2
10-05-2014, 03:53 PM
I will never boycott hibs,the board have made wrong decsions year after year in the hope we would plod along safely,it has back fired incredibly

emerald green
10-05-2014, 04:01 PM

I, like many others no doubt, decided to renew my season ticket around about March (early bird FFS) when I genuinely didn't think for a second the performances on the pitch would collapse to such an extreme that we look to be going down. I feel like I've been mugged.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 04:12 PM
I will never boycott hibs,the board have made wrong decsions year after year in the hope we would plod along safely,it has back fired incredibly

If we all don't boycott and just renew STs then in what way has it "back fired incredibly"? Petrie is untouchable and oversees from on-high (so unaffected by said backfire), we have an owner that may as well be the toothfairy (so unaffected by said backfire), we have players that will go on to new pastures whether we stay up or go down (so unaffected by said backfire), and a management team that will go on to new pastures (so unaffected by said backfire). I may be missing something.

Fans are unhappy but if you are saying you will never boycott Hibs, never walk away (etc.) - then how do intend to pass the "backfire" effect back to someone at the club. Because all I'm seeing is fan suffering and fans wasting a wee bit more cash on a yearly basis (high costs for ST at ER as well). They are using this loyalty. Using it.

ronaldo7
10-05-2014, 04:22 PM
I'm boycotting from the end of may until the start of august.

Casper
10-05-2014, 07:09 PM

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH1875
10-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Not sure about a boycott. Really like the idea that was floated about here a couple of weeks ago. The one where we all turn up, pay to get in (this way the club still gets money)and then after a couple of minutes we all about turn and leave. The last derby would have been ideal to do it in.

wills
10-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Boycott is not the answer, but we can make a gesture of intent. Turn up in numbers for the play offs but don't take you seats until 5 minutes into the game

could also leave 5 minutes from the end. Sorry we already do that

theonlywayisup
10-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Really hope this doesn't happen, but.......

......if we are gubbed and things look bleak as we enter the last twenty minutes of the home leg, why don't we all leave at either the 70th or 73rd minute, to remember a time when Hibs really were a grand old team to play for.

allezsauzee
10-05-2014, 10:39 PM
What exactly is the boycott for? The players and management haven't performed as they should, simple as that. Petrie has given us the management team that supporters wanted on several occasions. He has also given them money to spend.

marleyhib
10-05-2014, 10:42 PM
No to a boycott, I have gone from anger to despair to acceptance of mediocrity as the norm from Hibs. I plan to go to both play off games and have renewed my st. I support Hibs not who runs them. Without our cash there will be no Hibs.

ALF TUPPER
10-05-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm as angry, embarrassed etc/.. as everyone tonight but as I said on other posts it's easy to support a winning team . Turning your back on the Club is, IMO, the wrong way forward. We are the Club ultimately.

Let's support the Club- let's get it back. I understand your hurt but you would be missed.

Anyhoo. It's been stressful . So, goodnight Hibbys.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2014, 11:10 PM
A boycott would do more harm than good so for that reason I'm out.

Criswell
11-05-2014, 12:01 AM
I have been on this forum many times being critical of Farmer/Petrie's running of the club and been ridiculed for my opinions by some who just won't see the full picture. I have been concerned for many years now that we seem to be sleepwalking towards disaster, and that moment would appear to looming large at this moment.

I don't come on this forum to be critical, just for the sake of it, or to vent my spleen. I express my opinions and feelings, which I believe many share, in the hope that the club will be aware of the level of dissatisfaction and frustration felt by us in this seemingly endless litany of failure and under-acheivement. A club with our resources should at least be competing at the top end of the league instead of continually languishing at the wrong end or fighting relegation.

I do not favour a boycott and have renewed my ST and will continue to support the club, however we should not let up in giving Farmer/Petrie the message that we demand change and they had better start listening to their paying customers. The toleration of decline is simply not an option!

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Boycott yer erse. The fans are needed more than ever.made a huge difference today right enough

Emerald
11-05-2014, 12:11 AM

Stop investing, then who exactly will? We need action but if we walk away the club is finished. We need to rally round, get the job done and stay in the league and all the questions can wait until after the dust settles. Boycott's are the last thing Hibs need just now.

Pray4Marc
11-05-2014, 12:20 AM
**** Hibs. Took 10years off my life this year. I'll not be giving them another 10 years. Rotten to the core.

IWasThere2016
11-05-2014, 04:19 AM
Be there for the play-offs but be heard about change also - because if we change nothing, nothing will change. The last 7 year prove this, and STF/RP won't u-turn on how they 'run the business' otherwise they'd have done so before allowing 7 years of rot/dross/decline etc.

IWasThere2016
11-05-2014, 04:27 AM
What exactly is the boycott for? The players and management haven't performed as they should, simple as that. Petrie has given us the management team that supporters wanted on several occasions. He has also given them money to spend.

You are missing the point. Completely.

RP's role is not to give us the management we want - it is to give us the team we want! Did we want Mowbray? No, but we wanted the team we got!

There is no defence for RP. The clown is guilty of 'leading' this club to this point, and he must go..

SlickShoes
11-05-2014, 06:40 AM

Been hearing this drivel for weeks and weeks, we make no difference hibs are beyond help, at least we have a great empty stadium and training complex eh. Couple of years in div1 and we will be selling east mains off to help us break even.

Www1875hfc
11-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Mr.Petrie always does his wee walk about behind the goals on matchdays.
Wonder what his reaction would be if the place was empty when walking through that door?

lucky
11-05-2014, 08:00 AM
I'm boycotting from the end of may until the start of august.

Ron I'm now worried I nearly agree with you, but if there is a few decent away friendlies I'll be there.

Don't see what a boycott is going achieve apart from hurting the club

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Ron I'm now worried I nearly agree with you, but if there is a few decent away friendlies I'll be there.

Don't see what a boycott is going achieve apart from hurting the clubmair damage than the person who has been running it in tae the ground for years with the approval of the silent uninterested owner?