PDA

View Full Version : Plan of action

Ozyhibby
10-05-2014, 03:00 PM
I think that unfortunately we have to sack Butcher tonight. This is not because I don't think he would get it right long term. I think he would.
However, we don't have long term. We have ten days to avoid a catastrophe.
We need a fresh voice in the dressing room, a fresh approach. A short term appointment until the summer when we can get the right man in.
It will cost a fortune in pay offs but nowhere near what relegation will cost.
At this stage I can see no other way.

And Petrie needs to walk now.

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 03:23 PM
I think that unfortunately we have to sack Butcher tonight. This is not because I don't think he would get it right long term. I think he would.
However, we don't have long term. We have ten days to avoid a catastrophe.
We need a fresh voice in the dressing room, a fresh approach. A short term appointment until the summer when we can get the right man in.
It will cost a fortune in pay offs but nowhere near what relegation will cost.
At this stage I can see no other way.

And Petrie needs to walk now.We can't 'sack Butcher' - tonight or any other night. We're already going to be struggling financially next season. This would cripple us. Either he has to have enough self-respect and dignity to go of his own accord, or we're stuck with him in the Championship.

Ozyhibby
10-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Championship would cost us about £1.5m for every year we are down there.
I don't think we can afford not to.

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Championship would cost us about £1.5m for every year we are down there.
I don't think we can afford not to.Oh I'm sure God Petrie will soon manage to have us 'living within our means', however mean our means might be.

Captain Trips
10-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Sack him tonight bring in Danny Lennon.

coldingham hibs
10-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Why not put the under 20's coach in charge for the 2 games and put the Butcher & his accomplice on gardening leave. If we get through then they get back in next season, if we lose then they can leave. A change might just give a wee boost, especially as the under 20's coach has been doing really well and will know the players.

Gustavo Fring
10-05-2014, 03:35 PM
why not play the entire under 20's team for both legs of the play-offs

at least they know how to score goals and win - at least give ourselves a chance

Onion
10-05-2014, 03:36 PM
We can't 'sack Butcher' - tonight or any other night. We're already going to be struggling financially next season. This would cripple us. Either he has to have enough self-respect and dignity to go of his own accord, or we're stuck with him in the Championship.

Let me ask you one simple question ...

If Petrie/Butcher was allowed to buy 1 player in the next 2 days and that player was Leigh Griffiths, but he would cost us £1M in cash to Celtic. Do you think Petrie/Butcher would sanction that deal ? No question, you bet he would !

Business decisions and what people are prepared to pay/do changes depending on your circumstances. Last summer and January, relegation wasn't in the plan. Now - with this team that cannot buy a goal - we need to win a double header to avoid at least two years in the Championship and loss of £ Millions.

Sadly, we cannot buy players, but the Hibs Board must make the right decision for the finances/future of the club NOW even if it means spending a few hundred thousand. No guarantee it would work, but perhaps better than us sleep-walking to the Championship ?

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Let me ask you one simple question ...

If Petrie/Butcher was allowed to buy 1 player in the next 2 days and that player was Leigh Griffiths, but he would cost us £1M in cash to Celtic. Do you think Petrie/Butcher would sanction that deal ? No question, you bet he would !

Business decisions and what people are prepared to pay/do changes depending on your circumstances. Last summer and January, relegation wasn't in the plan. Now - with this team that cannot buy a goal - we need to win a double header to avoid at least two years in the Championship and loss of £ Millions.

Sadly, we cannot buy players, but the Hibs Board must make the right decision for the finances/future of the club NOW even if it means spending a few hundred thousand. No guarantee it would work, but perhaps better than us sleep-walking to the Championship ?The problem with all this is that it's predicated on the assumption that Billy Big Boots actually cares a tinker about Hibs.

What difference does it make to Billy Big Boots whether Hibs are playing in front of crowds of fifteen thousand at ER and vying for a top place in the SPL, or playing in front of three men and a dog in the second division? Didn't David Taylor manage to claw his way to the top of UEFA starting from the dizzy heights of Forfar?