PDA

View Full Version : we have another chance

leggeto
10-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Before everyone starts digging out the defibrillator's we have a two legged tie with championship opposition, its sore the now but I think most of us seen this coming

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 02:48 PM
"We have another chance"

We have been saying that for weeks now :boo hoo:

RickyS
10-05-2014, 02:49 PM
as usual too little too late, are any of those championship teams be scared too play us?
i would think it would the opposite they will fancy coming to easter road knowing we will fold as soon as they score.

leggeto
10-05-2014, 02:52 PM
as usual too little too late, are any of those championship teams be scared too play us?
i would think it would the opposite they will fancy coming to easter road knowing we will fold as soon as they score.

Over two leg's I do fancy us,we were unlucky today,a good effort but it wasn't to be,the hard way it is now

Onion
10-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Season is over for me.

Can't get to the 2nd leg (due to holidays) and zero interest in attending the away game. As far as I'm concerned, this Hibs team is ****ed and I've no interest in experiencing the thrill of relegation with them.

Strangely enough, at the end of today's game it felt like a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulders. Almost a sense of relief that the season has finally ended. Every game was like a recurring nightmare. Roll on my holidays :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Here here. Lets pick ourselves up and go again

mutley
10-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Yes I know we are not down YET, we have another chance etc etc, my main concern is that we should never be in this position in the first place

Pretty Boy
10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
We need to score and that's going to be a problem. A big problem.

GreenLake
10-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Will Craig Thompson referee both playoffs or just our home game?

RickyS
10-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Season is over for me.

Can't get to the 2nd leg (due to holidays) and zero interest in attending the away game. As far as I'm concerned, this Hibs team is ****ed and I've no interest in experiencing the thrill of relegation with them.

Strangely enough, at the end of today's game it felt like a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulders. Almost a sense of relief that the season has finally ended. Every game was like a recurring nightmare. Roll on my holidays :greengrin

exactly the same mate, im away on holiday for the first game and im not gonna even look for the result. im just sickened.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Over two leg's I do fancy us,we were unlucky today,a good effort but it wasn't to be,the hard way it is now

I don't want to sound like a happy clapper but we've been really unlucky in a lot of games this season. There's a fine line and on other days we would have scored first rather than always chasing the game.

Not over yet. Two legged tie and still everything to play for.

scuttle
10-05-2014, 03:05 PM
We have another chance

Yes to embarrass the the fans yet again

GreenCastle
10-05-2014, 03:07 PM
As bad as it is we have 2 chances left...

Even if we lose the first leg 1v0 - win 2v0 2nd leg and we are safe.

Should never have got here though and it wasn't just about today - it's been previous weeks issues also.

Like many my worry continues to be lack of goals - schoolboy defending and Butchers tactics.

Dalianwanda
Gutted we didn't win but over on the 25th...we have every chance

dmc1875
We follow the same pattern every game. Come out the blocks quick look good and take the game to a team, then gift a goal to them and chase the game for the rest of the time.

We NEED to get the first goal from somewhere. We are getting no luck so its going to have to be earnt. If we get the first goal we will win IMO

Jamesie
10-05-2014, 03:08 PM
You saw the players today, stretched out prostrate on the pitch at full time. Defeatists the lot of them. As they had done against Ross County on Tuesday night. Do you seriously reckon this lot have the gall to actually win against a First Division team that will be brimming with confidence having reached the play off final?

GreenLake
10-05-2014, 03:12 PM

I never felt we would score, but that is because of the run of horrible form not the actual game today. We had 13 shots on target, several off the line, a stunning underside of the bar shot and goal mouth scrambles. We should have scored and it might have turned the game.

I'm worried the playoffs could be more like today with loads of chances and us not scoring them. Teams seem to get flukey goals or spectacular unstoppables against us too.

I think we need a major turn of luck but I've been saying this for months and things continue the same.

Who will be our curse lifter? Is there a player we forgot about? Let the tea lady pick the team?

Dalianwanda
10-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Gutted we didn't win but over on the 25th...we have every chance

leggeto
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Should never have got here though and it wasn't just about today - it's been previous weeks issues also.

Like many my worry continues to be lack of goals - schoolboy defending and Butchers tactics.

One thing I'd like to raise about butchers tactics is why do we persist with aimless high balls into the box,is he hoping for a mistake to go our way or the second ball to fall for us,we hardly won a ball in that box and yet they kept on floating in,I'd rather see them hit the bye line and cross or try passing around the edge of the box for a shot or through ball,very limited in his tactics today although the effort was good

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 03:14 PM
We play like we did today and against Thistle I think we will win. Killie threw themselves in front of everything. A first division side may well fold under that pressure.

Then again we may lose so god knows!!!!

GreenCastle
10-05-2014, 03:17 PM
One thing I'd like to raise about butchers tactics is why do we persist with aimless high balls into the box,is he hoping for a mistake to go our way or the second ball to fall for us,we hardly won a ball in that box and yet they kept on floating in,I'd rather see them hit the bye line and cross or try passing around the edge of the box for a shot or through ball,very limited in his tactics today although the effort was good

I can deal with direct football - I can deal with a decent long ball with a flick on - but poor deliveries - often not winning headers and doing the same thing over and over won't win you guys in the short and long term.

The midfielders must get sore necks watching the ball go over them then expected to pick up the pieces.

My worry is if we stay up what Butcher plans to do next season - same tactics with better players?

When we do play football along the ground we look a different team.

Alfred E Newman
10-05-2014, 03:17 PM

The only real positive is the 15 point penalty for Hearts that has given us the chance to stay in the league. We are the worst side in the league without doubt and deserve to be where we are.

davehiby
10-05-2014, 03:18 PM
1 point from 15 against the bottom 6 prem teams and now we could face hamilton who scored 10 the other day really looking forward to that not

lucky
10-05-2014, 03:21 PM
We'll support you ever more, as the song says. We still have chances to save our season

NOLA
10-05-2014, 03:40 PM
aye we have a chance, no chance. cant score, cant defend, no confidence. against a team full of confidence, scoring goals regularly, only got ourselves to blame though, the board have failed the fans big time.

weonlywon6-2
10-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Yes I know we are not down YET, we have another chance etc etc, my main concern is that we should never be in this position in the first place

Totally agree ,looks like hamilton or queens,embarrasing if we cant beat them

Seven up
10-05-2014, 03:52 PM
I honestly think we'll do it no matter who we face in the play offs..... But then I've been saying that for weeks.....I plan to be there both legs to help us crawl over the line....

BSEJVT
10-05-2014, 04:08 PM
We have no ****in chance.

Can't keep a clean sheet

Can't score

Every time we lose the first goal we are beat.

Carheenlea
10-05-2014, 04:12 PM
The advertising rallying call for the play off just needs a slight tweak to today's blurb - "It's Still in Our Hands"

Ronniekirk
10-05-2014, 04:17 PM

On today's evidence spot on ,Collins andHefferman iether got in each other's way or when one got a flick or head on the ball the other wasn't there .Second half Craig's shot apart that hit the bar their was nothing else of real note Too many aimless balls floated into box in hope .Big Tudor Jones ambled on and that set tone for his cameo .Heff can't be match fit but he can hold ball up and has a touch but there is no partner for him but need to persevere with him now

TB in his interview more or less indicated he doesn't know when next goal will be scored Sounded dejected and no wonder after the second half performance ,But no one takes responsibility for try to change pattern they just looked leaderless and resigned to losing for a lot of second half that's the worry for me heading into play offs which if we are honest deep down we knew we were heading to .
To not score a goal against the two teams we should of been capable of taking something from is Huge Concern .

Nutmegged
10-05-2014, 04:17 PM
The team now have 10 days to work their balls off on the training ground, find a tactic and stick to it and work rigorously on finding a partnership up front that works.

The last few weeks have been incredibly hectic and negative, its just been impossible to see where a goal let alone a result would come, its just been game after game with the pressure of knowing we're sinking fast all around us, I'm hoping against all hope that these 10 days will see us do something positive and finally find something that works

BroxburnHibee
10-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Before everyone starts digging out the defibrillator's we have a two legged tie with championship opposition, its sore the now but I think most of us seen this coming

I'll spell it out for you - we have no chance.

We cannot score goals - we're down.

Stax
10-05-2014, 04:21 PM
You saw the players today, stretched out prostrate on the pitch at full time. Defeatists the lot of them. As they had done against Ross County on Tuesday night. Do you seriously reckon this lot have the gall to actually win against a First Division team that will be brimming with confidence having reached the play off final?
Thought you said "stretched out prostate"... That sounds sore and would explain recent performances :greengrin

Ronniekirk
10-05-2014, 04:21 PM
We have no ****in chance.

Can't keep a clean sheet

Can't score

Every time we lose the first goal we are beat.

Yep and players know it and so do opposition .Who ever we play will feel they can turn us over that's the reality of where we have fallen to and anyone who thinks otherwise i is just being positive in the face of no evidence that suggests we can turn this round ..:confused:

Cameron1875
10-05-2014, 04:22 PM
For the last 8 games I've been telling myself "one win will do it" so hopefully yous can forgive me for throwing in the towel.

Craig_in_Prague
10-05-2014, 04:22 PM
2 more horrific 90 mins to come.
Then a season in a league with Rangers and Hearts.
Its like a horrible ****ing bad dream. Wtf.
Downward spiral eh, where will it end.

Sell EM and buy half decent players. Train, wherever.

hiBZiNHo
10-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Yeah versus championship teams who can actually score goals unlike us

Keith_M
10-05-2014, 04:31 PM
we have another chance

True, but it's the same set of players we've been waiting on to actually win ONE game for about two months. Don't get your hopes up.

Hibeesmad
10-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Falkirk or Hamilton. Bring it on

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Falkirk beat QoS. So we are one step closer to who its going to be.

leggeto
10-05-2014, 06:54 PM
The team now have 10 days to work their balls off on the training ground, find a tactic and stick to it and work rigorously on finding a partnership up front that works.

The last few weeks have been incredibly hectic and negative, its just been impossible to see where a goal let alone a result would come, its just been game after game with the pressure of knowing we're sinking fast all around us, I'm hoping against all hope that these 10 days will see us do something positive and finally find something that works

We need to stop chucking the ball into the box hoping for a defensive error, Stanton barely touched the ball today we need to get him on the ball more around the final third