PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

10-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Dare I ask!

Only one that get pass marks from me is Ben Williams. I thought Forster had another howler as well.

SteveHFC
10-05-2014, 02:28 PM
All of them: -1

woodythehibee
10-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Craig played well today. Collins played well 1st half.

10-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Craig played well today. Collins played well 1st half.

You must have been watching a different game to me then because from where I was sitting Craig was a nightmare and Collins absolutely dire and soft as **** as per usual.

GreenCastle
10-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Williams kept us in it wit a great save 2nd half.

Forster and Maybury were actually doing very well till the goal when they were too far away from Boyd. Though the ball should never been allowed to be crossed.

Tactics...long and direct - we look better when we pass and use the space out wide. We were so predictable and easy to defend against.

If we had got the 1st goal the game would have been different - that I am sure.

Subs by TB...Strange - Stanton was being missed out and not involved and he took off Robertson for OTJ (holding midfielder) who I've never seen play well.

Then he takes off Watmore - ok had been kicked about and had caused a few problems.

Cummings - wide left - we needed 2 goals - he should have thrown him up front and gone 4-3-3

MyJo
10-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Williams - 8

Maybury - 6
Forster - 5
Nelson - 6
McGivern - 6

Watmore - 7
Robertson - 7
Stanton - 7
Craig - 6

Collins - 4
Heffernan - 6

lucky
10-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Williams 7

Maybury 7
Forster 6
Nelson 6
McGirven 5

Watmore 5
Robbo 6
Craig 6
Stanton 6

Heff 6
Collins 6

Subs
OTK 5
Harris 5
Cummings 4

Hibeesmad
10-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Williams 7

Maybury 7
Forster 6
Nelson 6
McGivern 6

Watmore 8
Robertson 8
Stanton 7
Craig 6

Heffernan 7
Collins 6

Pretty Boy
10-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Williams 7

Maybury 7
Forster 4
Nelson 5
McGivern 5

Watmore 6
Robertson 5
Stanton 5
Craig 5

Collins 4
Heffernan 5

The Harp Awakes
10-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Dunno why I'm bothering with this but here goes:

Williams - nothing much to do. A couple of good saves - 6
Maybury - pretty solid mostly. Hesitant at goal - 5
McGivern - best performance for a while. Never stopped running - 7
Forster - again pretty solid game. Most to blame at goal maybe - 5
Nelson - actually passed the ball better than normal. Defended ok most of the game - 6
Robertson - decent first half then faded in 2nd - 5
Craig - see Robertson - 5
Stanton - Looked nervous and quieter than recently but still decent - 6
Watmore - started game well then booted out of it by Killie players - 5
Heffernan - some nice touches but not much in it. Didn't look match fit - 5
Collins - worked his socks off. Won lots of headers but no goal threat - 6

Harris - a couple of decent runs - 3
Tudor Jones - did ok but no urgency. Should have scored with header - 3
Cummings - no time to do anything - 2

snooky
10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Williams kept us in it wit a great save 2nd half.

Forster and Maybury were actually doing very well till the goal when they were too far away from Boyd. Though the ball should never been allowed to be crossed.

Tactics...long and direct - we look better when we pass and use the space out wide. We were so predictable and easy to defend against.

If we had got the 1st goal the game would have been different - that I am sure.

Subs by TB...Strange - Stanton was being missed out and not involved and he took off Robertson for OTJ (holding midfielder) who I've never seen play well.

Then he takes off Watmore - ok had been kicked about and had caused a few problems.

Cummings - wide left - we needed 2 goals - he should have thrown him up front and gone 4-3-3

My thoughts too. :agree:

ekhibee
10-05-2014, 03:09 PM
You must have been watching a different game to me then because from where I was sitting Craig was a nightmare and Collins absolutely dire and soft as **** as per usual.
I must have been watching a different game from you as well then. Craig was one of our better players going forward.

hibsbollah
10-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Really tough to do ratings, I had them all playing well first half, and then second half they never showed up at all :dunno:

Williams 6 miraculous save from Boyd, kept us alive but I thought he was a bit slow to react for the goal, will have to see it again...

McGivern 5
Nelson 5
Forster 5 kept Boyd quiet for a while, then didnt.
Maybury 6 Outstanding first 45, then faded. My MOTM for the third straight week.

Craig 5 Great first 45, didnt turn up second. Switching flanks seemed to confuse the game plan.
Stanton 5 Should never have been subbed, at least he is a goal threat.
Robertson 5 see stanton.
Watmore 5 Frustrating.

Collins 6 a tireless shift, better than ages.
Heffernan 4 nothing worked for him, won next to nothing.

Thomsonwatch; looked a clear penalty first half. Otherwise gave us about 50/50.

Subs:
Jones: bizarre. Just bizarre. WHY??
Harris: looked dangerous.
Cummings: must be wondering what Butcher is doing with him. Has he faith in him up front or not??

Fans: 10/10.

Heartwrenching. Dominated that first half and meekly surrendered at the second half.

calumhibee1
10-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Williams - 7 - good save from Boyd's header

Maybury - 7 - done well I thought
Forster - 5 - miles away from Boyd for the goal but other than that I thought he done ok
Nelson - 6 - one of his better games
McGivern - 5 - ok

Watmore - 6 - caused a few problems but didn't do enough
Robertson and Stanton - 6 - balls over the top just make the game pass these two by
Craig - 5 - done alright first half, poor second

Collins - 6 - done quite well first half, died a death second
Heffernan - 4 - thought he offered nothing at all.

1987kev
10-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Williams 7 kept us in the game
maybury 8 man of match for me
forster 4 fault for the goal also this long ball pish is killing me
nelson 4 same long ball pish .
mcgirven 6 got stuck in but again long balls
watmore 5 needs to mixes his play up
robertsons 5 good energy nothing going forward
stanton 3 done absolutely nothing surprises he wasn't the first subbed
craig 6 playing out of position only he got where you should b playing he crack the bar
heff 5 no service long balls to him doesn't work
collins 6 first half good work rate closing down 2nd half 2 done nothing

Bayern Bru
10-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Anyone rating Heffernan over Collins is at it, IMO. Was glad to see Heff playing and think it's good we (should) have him for the POs but to say he was better than Collins is a bit much. It was probably a bit of a gamble by Butcher but Collins put in a shift and was unlucky not to score; Heff tried hard but had no luck same as the rest of the team.

Mibbes Aye
10-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Forster got a bit of an education today from Boyd. You would think that someone Boyd's size wouldn't be able to disappear from his defender's sight but he managed it a good few times. I think Forster has had less than thirty games in the top-flight, so obviously he's still learning. The problem for us is he's learning at a time when we can't really afford to carry errors borne of inexperience. When Hanlon was introduced to the team we were relatively stable in the middle of the table.

I felt a bit sorry for Watmore. He saw plenty of the ball and genuinely worked but his decision-making and occasionally his touch took him down the wrong avenue.

BSEJVT
10-05-2014, 04:14 PM
FFS

We lost a game where only a win was good enough and there are guys getting 7's and 8's

It's not just the players who are soft as ****

woodythehibee
10-05-2014, 04:57 PM
I must have been watching a different game from you as well then. Craig was one of our better players going forward.

Me and all my mates thought Craig has one of his better games so he musta been at a different game :aok:

steviehibsleith
10-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Williams - 7. Two good saves no chance at goal
Maybury - 5 solid enough but never really did much positive going forward. As in modern wing back
Forster - 3. At fault for goal yards from Boyd . May be solid and good in air but poor footballer
Nelson - 3 effort and thats it
Mcgivern. 3. Poor delivery when forward left miles of room down the right as there goal came from
Nearly a carbo copy second half. Poor in the air for size aswell.
Robertson. 3. Poor again i dont rate him why didnt we try keep Claros instead of bringing him in
Craig. 5. Hit bar tried but another who is average
Stanton. 3. Poor game Sam but you are at least a footballer and will come good
Watmore. 3. Nothing of note an modern wingers have to defend and tackle.
Collins. 5. Worked hard but poor touch and holding up but did more than most.
Heffernan. 4 long high balls will never be Heffs game he needs it to feet or space , tired but not his
Fault been out for ages why wasnt he subbed.

Butcher 1. Hoofball what a joke , first sub defensive midfielder comes on !! We needed goals
Just puts out a team and hopes for the best

dodecar
10-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Forster got a bit of an education today from Boyd. You would think that someone Boyd's size wouldn't be able to disappear from his defender's sight but he managed it a good few times. I think Forster has had less than thirty games in the top-flight, so obviously he's still learning. The problem for us is he's learning at a time when we can't really afford to carry errors borne of inexperience. When Hanlon was introduced to the team we were relatively stable in the middle of the table.

I felt a bit sorry for Watmore. He saw plenty of the ball and genuinely worked but his decision-making and occasionally his touch took him down the wrong avenue.

Intelligent post ,Forster has a future in the game and a great attitude. Watmore lacks pace for a winger .

theonlywayisup
10-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Marbury by a country mile!

R'Albin
10-05-2014, 06:57 PM
FFS

We lost a game where only a win was good enough and there are guys getting 7's and 8's

It's not just the players who are soft as ****

Is it impossible to have a good performance in a losing side?

Mibbes Aye
10-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Intelligent post ,Forster has a future in the game and a great attitude. Watmore lacks pace for a winger .

:agree: I've heard this said about him a few times from different people who seem to know him. I noticed today that he wasn't shy to take a lead in organising our shape at the back, which is promising.

It's not been the best time or situation to be coming into the first team set-up but hopefully he will take a lot from it. He looks to have the potential to keep progressing, I really hope he does.

wookie70
10-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Williams - Good save no chance with goal - 6
Maybury - Fantastic tackle in first five minutes and MOTM for me. Seems to be the only defender outwith Hanlon who actually knows how to defend - 7
McGivern - Better than usual but terrible partnership with Craig defending and far too often drifts into CH letting crosses come in way too easily- 5
Forster - Boyd gave him a torrid time. He was caught ball watching a number of times and Boyd got away from him quite often. At fault for goal - 4
Nelson - Better than usual with the ball at his feet but he and Forster cannot play together imo - 5
Robertson - Still doesn't look fit to me - 4
Craig - great effort off the bar but uses too much energy moaning at refs rather than bursting a gut to get back and help. Never a Captain in a million years - 4
Stanton - Not helped by Butchers "style of play" but not really in the game. - 5
Watmore - Fouled constantly and thought he looked most likely to create something. Decent today - 6
Heffernan - Clever player who could do with some other football brains to read what he is doing. Looked better half fit than Collins to me - 5
Collins - Started the game well and won more than his fair share but anonymous in the second half. As usual far more comfortable at the half way line than the 6 yard box. - 4

Harris - Did well when he came on
Tudor Jones - Looked like he was involved in a training game to me. No urgency or passion
Cummings - no time

Ref Not his most controversial performance but offered little protection for Watmore and really should have booked Killy keeper for time wasting. I thought he missed a stgonewall handball which would have been a penalty.

Butcher - I predicted all the subs but at no point did I think they would make a difference. I would describe Hibs as Monochrome. There is no colour and the subs are just another shade of grey. I hope he can come up with some ideas for the playoffs but he must have tried every combination now and the shape of the team is shocking. What worries me is that I think today is about the best we can perform. It won't be good enough. Is there a Lady Luck playing in the women's team that could play in the play offs.

BSEJVT
10-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Is it impossible to have a good performance in a losing side?

No not at all but it shows how low our expectations are.

Having dominated the first half we did nothing in the second either individually or collectively

How that translates to 7's and 8's is absolutely beyond me

hibee_girl
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Maybury was the stand out, again, for me today. He panics me because he looks like he'll never make it or that he's a mile off his man then all of a sudden he pops up with an immensely timed challenge.

kaimendhibs
10-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Maybury was the stand out, again, for me today. He panics me because he looks like he'll never make it or that he's a mile off his man then all of a sudden he pops up with an immensely timed challenge.

I agree. Said it at game and after that Maybury was by far our best player today. Thought his attitude and desire put others to shame

Sent from my iphone

hibsbollah
10-05-2014, 07:42 PM

Last season I thought Maybury was the weak link in the back four. This season he's holding the unit together. Which shows how far we've fallen when a guy who should be retired, lost his pace and had a decent but unspectacular career at the yams looks our best defender.

Mibbes Aye
10-05-2014, 07:45 PM

I like Maybury. He's lost pace, no doubt, but then that's offset by the gain in experience.

There was one moment today when he was caught out massively, up front and left and they pushed the ball down our right and he was never making it back anytime this month but we covered it.

Generally though, it feels reassuring to know he's there. There's a fine tradition of players like him being quoted for the defensive mid role - we are too short in defence just now to accommodate that but his distribution is relatively neat and like you say, he can time a challenge.

wookie70
10-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Maybury made a run chasing down the ball about 3 times to atone for his mistake. He is possibly my favourite player at the club. He gets pelters but is a true professional. His attitude is perfect and he is one of the few in the team who puts a hard tackle in to let an attacker know he is there. Crosses the ball well too. Hopefully he is retained at Hibs as he is a great example for youngsters to follow

gegs70
10-05-2014, 09:52 PM
I thought the first 10 or so minutes hibs looked up for it....going in hard pegging killie back....although they were pumping high balls into the killie box they really lacked something whether it was playing the ball faster or a lack of movement off the ball? I wasn't overly impressed by Heffernan or Collins felt Collins was slow to react on any loose balls....he also can't control tge ball nor hold the ball up....watching hibs is exhausting and embarrassing....who honestly would take the job...Terry looks as though he is ageing fast!!!