PDA

View Full Version : Butchers Subsitutions

Stuarty27
10-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Killed the game for us....

The Game was crying out for a change up front or in wide area and to bring on Jones for the last 30 gave Killie a massive boost IMO.

When he shouted for Jones to come in he was even in a state of shock!

Terrible

The_Exile
10-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Yep, to take off an attacking mid and replace with a defensive mid, clueless, Robertson pointed at himself as if to say " Me aye?!!!!". That was, for me, the moment the game was truly lost.

Brightside
10-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Its mental... and i never understand why journos dont ask these questions. "Terry why did you take of a tackling , attacking midfield, and replace him with a giraffe in roller skates" "Then Terry why did you wait until the game was dead to bring on young Cummings and then play him in Left Mid?" I honestly think he wanted up beat today.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Unreal that we were still playing 4-4-2 with 5 mins left. Should have gone three at the back as we had nothing to lose. Should have made this change 10 mins into the second half.

dmc1875
10-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Unreal that we were still playing 4-4-2 with 5 mins left. Should have gone three at the back as we had nothing to lose. Should have made this change 10 mins into the second half.

Yup. OTJ would have been better coming on up front than in midfield. A stupid subsitution that killed the game for 5-10 minutes after it. Watmore and Craig were offering nothing in the wide areas

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 02:54 PM

Should have been 0-0-10 in the last 5 minutes. It was all or nothing.

GreenCastle
10-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Agreed with everything said.

While the midfield were getting missed out often Robertson was working hard and doing his best to get stuck in.

Stanton wasn't involved (hardly his fault with hoofball tactics) and stayed on longer.

Bringing OTJ on was a joke - a defensive midfielder when we need goals - Robertson often runs beyond attackers - OTJ plays like a crab.

Watmore was kicked and battered.

Cummings being played wide left! If we are going to be long and direct you need players closer to the long balls and flick downs.

Should have gone 3 at back or even 4-3-3 would have caused them problems.

Centre Hawf
10-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Sums up Butcher.

Thee worst manager I've seen at Hibs now. Empty this fud.

Heisenberg
10-05-2014, 03:10 PM
He's not got a clue how to change the plan. It's hoof it forwards and that's it. If we don't score from corners we don't score at all. Clueless muppet.

Centre Hawf
10-05-2014, 03:12 PM
really?

Really. The man has no clue.

Sorry should I be more positive? GO TERRY!

Alfred E Newman
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Yup. OTJ would have been better coming on up front than in midfield. A stupid subsitution that killed the game for 5-10 minutes after it. Watmore and Craig were offering nothing in the wide areas

That's what I thought . Stick him up front with Heffernan and Collins and he might just get his head of one of the aimless punts. He must be the slowest player ever to play in the Spl. Makes Boyd look like Alan Wells.

Scooter
10-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Totally the wrong substitutions. I wouldn't have made any of those changes. With the players he had playing he could have easily went 3-4-3 by taking Maybury off for harris and moving Watmore forward or bringing on Cummings for Maybury. Or he could have went 4-3-3 by just moving Watmore forward and having Robertson Stanton and craig in the middle.

I know there's 12000 managers in the stand but I honestly think I could pick and set up a better team

Famous Fiver
10-05-2014, 03:19 PM
If we are going to play hoofball put McPake, Nelson or Forster at centre forward. We might just win some headers.

Either that or change our tactics.

GreenCastle
10-05-2014, 03:24 PM
If we are going to play hoofball put McPake, Nelson or Forster at centre forward. We might just win some headers.

Either that or change our tactics.

Agreed - Nelson, McPake, Forster will deal with the long balls.

I feel for Cummings and Heff when they are sent long balls and expected for something to happen.

We play hopeful balls instead of constructing moves down the side through the middle of the pitch.

We do look dangerous at corners and set pieces as we have plenty of targets who can head the ball to aim for. Though would wish Nelson would head the ball back into play rather than going for goal himself.

Gmack7
10-05-2014, 03:24 PM
was cairney injured?as i was amazed he wasn't even on the bench

Centre Hawf
10-05-2014, 03:29 PM
You are probably too young to remember the likes of Duffy, Blobby and Calderwood.

They were all pretty poor, I think Butcher will prove to be better than all of those.

I remember all of them mate. Butchers proving to be the worst.

Winston Ingram
10-05-2014, 04:39 PM

The man is a ****** clown. £300k a year let him make the same mistakes. The worst thing about it was the whole stadium could see it wasn't working except him

mcfly
10-05-2014, 05:11 PM
He's clueless. A shocking manager in my view. 1 win in 19.

Tudor jones did nothing, carries no goal threat and to take of Robertson was a joke.

What annoyed me more was only Robertson and Williams acknowledged the fans at the end. The rest of the losers couldn't get up the tunnell quick enough.

I thought the fans were tremendous today. Turned up in huge numbers to be let down again

Dr Jimmy
10-05-2014, 06:00 PM

Totally agree. I also don't get why he didn't push a player in behind Collins. Especially towards the end when we went with the usual punt from the back. Their centre half won everything but just knocked it down. We have the players that can play there Cummings, Craig or Robertson. Yet he takes off Robertson plays Cummings on the left and moves Craig into the middle.
I honestly think butcher is a buffoon who relies on smart ass team talks rather than setting up the team properly and using tactics to win games. Utterly clueless.

Posh Swanny
10-05-2014, 06:30 PM
I remember all of them mate. Butchers proving to be the worst.

Brentford fans would agree with you on that one.

DH1875
10-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Nothing new. His subsitutions have been rank since he got here. Really don't know why folks are surprised.