PDA

View Full Version : Kilmarnock Goal

The Harp Awakes
10-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Just saw it again on SSN. Abysmal defending. I'm not sure who's more to blame; Forster or Maybury. What a soft goal to lose:boo hoo:

PeeJay
10-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Just saw it again on SSN. Abysmal defending. I'm not sure who's more to blame; Forster or Maybury. What a soft goal to lose:boo hoo:

So what's new? Been that way all season ...

DaveF
10-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Looked like Forster just left it (in real time) for whatever reason.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Doing our usual man marking from 5 yards away. Shocking defending, but typical of Hibs all season.:rolleyes:

speedy_gonzales
10-05-2014, 02:30 PM
The ironic thing is, McGivern was raging at Forster for not clearing the ball,,,,,,don't think any player all season has the right to point the finger at a teammate!

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Poor defending but largely irrelevant goal, we wouldn't have scored anyway

gaz1875
10-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Never been convinced about Forster at CH and that goal summed it up. I think McGivern is a better option alongside Nelson. As for Maybury, why not have Stevenson at RB he has played there before and been fine, gives a bit more pace in the defence, and pushes us up the field not on the half way line'

GlesgaeHibby
10-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Never been convinced about Forster at CH and that goal summed it up. I think McGivern is a better option alongside Nelson. As for Maybury, why not have Stevenson at RB he has played there before and been fine, gives a bit more pace in the defence, and pushes us up the field not on the half way line'

Seriously? Did you miss the Hearts League Cup game? Woeful, because all the Hearts players had to do was show him onto his right foot.

I like Lewis, but he is never in a million years a right back.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't really blame anyone. Boyd has played at a very good level and he knows where to stand. He's pulled off and took it well. Defenders should have done better yeah but for me Boyd done superb and took it well.

dmc1875
10-05-2014, 02:50 PM
You have got to seriously wonder about Forster at CH...

St Mirren- Cost two goals for being AWOL then going on a stupid run
Hearts- Cost two goals for not marking paterson
Today- Ghosted off Boyd and never cleared the ball

The boy is a talent, and great in the air at the other end, but you cannot justify 5 goals in the last few games that were all preventable. There is the argument that Boyd finished it well, and he is a great striker. But he shouldn't have been in that position in the first place to receive the ball with no challenge.

Same in second half, ghosted away from Forster and got a free header

Hanlon hopefully can make the play offs and he can be back at RB

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Butcher does not have a clue, a back four with what we have available is poor, but Forster Nelson McGivern and Stevenson is the strongest 4 we have available that are fit.

Butcher wouldnt know how to set a team up if he was led by the hand and talked through it by Alex Ferguson.

scuttle
10-05-2014, 02:52 PM

Agree, but why no McPake if he is on the bench then he is fit. After all he put Robertson straight back into the starting line up

Alfred E Newman
10-05-2014, 02:54 PM
The real weak link in the back four is McGivern .

dmc1875

I thought overall Maybury did a job again today. Three decent games in a row from him

Brightside
Hang on....didnt they get a free cross in coz McGivern didn't close down. Exactly like he has failed to do all season.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2014, 02:55 PM
I don't really blame anyone. Boyd has played at a very good level and he knows where to stand. He's pulled off and took it well. Defenders should have done better yeah but for me Boyd done superb and took it well.

Agreed.

Think a lot of people have just forgotten what a good strikers movement looks like.

dmc1875
Hang on....didnt they get a free cross in coz McGivern didn't close down. Exactly like he has failed to do all season.

Our full backs (doesnt matter who it is) all season have allowed people to run at them. Almost as if its tactics :rolleyes:

leggeto
There is only a few strikers in the league who would have scored that,the boy is a predator and can hit the target with his eyes closed,we were the better team today but Boyd was the difference

Brightside
10-05-2014, 02:57 PM
The real weak link in the back four is McGivern .

Him and Nelson are just awful awful players. The idea that someone would like them together in the centre is weird. I expect McPake to play in play offs. and Stevenson must go LB.

dmc1875
There is only a few strikers in the league who would have scored that,the boy is a predator and can hit the target with his eyes closed,we were the better team today but Boyd was the difference

True, but Boyds movement isnt the greatest. Surely being the major threat we should have tried to nullify him as much as possible, yet we gave him time and space every time he got the ball.

Franck Stanton
Agree, but why no McPake if he is on the bench then he is fit. After all he put Robertson straight back into the starting line up

Agree, we needed McPake on the pitch, even if it was just for his leadership qualities

lapsedhibee
we were the better team today but Boyd was the difference

:agree:

hibby67
10-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Have to say I was on the 18 yard line mcgivern was out of position when the ball was put in Nelson and foster were flat footed.... but a grest finished from Boyd if that had been at the other end I don't think any one in the hibs team would have reacted and finished it as good as boyd did

HUTCHYHIBBY

The only decent forward on the park made the difference in the game. Good finish.

I couldnae believe some of the stuff I was reading about him in the pre-match threads, the boys a proven SPL scorer over multiple years.

Frank Dougan shouting at him that he was a fat bassa told me he would score though! :-)

truehibernian
Goal can be tracked back to Killie winning a throw right on their corner flag......where Tesselar was allowed to find a free man, who was able to turn with no pressure as Craig was ball watching, and the ball was played up to the other end of the pitch in seconds. You learn that stuff in kids football, press the opposition at set pieces and close space.

Not Hibs - we allowed Kilmarnock all the space of the pitch at times, especially 20 minutes of the second half. We looked defeated after half an hour when the ball just wasn't running for us - added to which Boyd had given the back four a wee scare too before the goal.

You can forget winning either play off game with this squad - they don't have the energy, control, skill levels or basics right.

dmc1875
We have been the better team in our last three games going into today IMO (Hearts, Partick, Ross C) but we still get beat/scrape a draw.

- We cant score a goal
- We will always present one chance to the opposition who seem to always take it

Onion
10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
After the TB post-match interview, Kenny Shields said he was amazed that Butcher made no mention of the defence. Shields said everyone knows Hibs defence is the "softest in the league" and that the back 4 are just "lamentable". With that defence, any opposition has a chance against Hibs.

Damning but so true.

emerald green
10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Quote from Tom English, and I agree with him this time: "Hibs tried. They are just not good enough. They are the worst team in the league, that's the bottom line. The defence has been awful, the strikers are non existent. TB took over from PF and made things worse. It's a collective failure across the span of that club."

leggeto
10-05-2014, 03:05 PM
True, but Boyds movement isnt the greatest. Surely being the major threat we should have tried to nullify him as much as possible, yet we gave him time and space every time he got the ball.

He dosnt need that much movement remember we have nelson at centre half,good strikers know where they need to be in the right place at the right time

emerald green
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM
I was saying that to a couple of guys behind me who were about to burst a blood vessel after the goal. we always had to win the game which meant we had to score.

taking away any woe is me attitude, current form shows that we were unlikely to score today.

Talk about understatement. Hibs have scored an abysmal 3 goals in their last 9 games and that's why we are heading for the trap-door. Absolutely shocking. I don't believe in singling out individual players, but today I'm going to make an exception cos I'm so sick of it all. James Collins. Although he appears to try hard, he ran around like a headless chicken today, hardly ever won a header, terrible first touch when a ball comes to him. Never a footballer IMO. Sorry James, it's just my opinion. Wish I could say you were a good centre forward, but you're not. Compare with Boyd.