PDA

View Full Version : Cheated by Thomson Again

ehf
10-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Forget everything else. The fans and players turned up today and did their jobs. For half an hour we had Killie under siege and they were buckling. Then Nelson gets hauled to the ground in the box. Any other game, any where in the world, any other ref, it's a cast iron penalty. But not for Thomson against us.

He gives it, we score and it's a completely different game.

Keith_M
10-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Next!

HH81
10-05-2014, 02:10 PM
He is the only reason were in the play offs I agree.

Just blame him.

The Green Goblin
10-05-2014, 02:11 PM
We lost to a team who took one of their chances. That's it.

Thompson once again an unprofessional, cheating ******* - thats nothing new. Had another shocker today but think we need to look closer to home - we are ****ing rank and thats why we lost today.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Can't keep blaming refs, an embarrassing excuse.

Diclonius
Cheated by our club, yet again.

hibee_girl
10-05-2014, 02:12 PM
It was a stonewaller but we had more than enough chances to score.

weonlywon6-2
10-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Hibs are the only reason we are in the play offs,nothing to do with the ref,hes being used as a scapegoat imo

Boyle89
10-05-2014, 02:13 PM
As ***** as we were today it was 0-0 when we should've had a pen. Score it and it's a different game completely. A game changing penalty, Craig Thomson, hibs, losing. Sounds familiar...
We were gash though an Craig probably would've skied the pen.

dmc1875
10-05-2014, 02:14 PM
As ***** as we were today it was 0-0 when we should've had a pen. Score it and it's a different game completely. A game changing penalty, Craig Thomson, hibs, losing. Sounds familiar...

We are the reason we are in the playoff spot. Craig Thomson is an imposter, and missed what looked to me two blatant penalties one in either half, but what should we expect?

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul. Nil nil Hibs on top, NO CHANCE, NONE, ZERO that we get a pen'. I'm not even surprised. Thomson isn't the reason we're 11th but he is a cheat.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 02:15 PM
We've been cheated 38 times this season! (Just check .net) We'd be top of the league if it wasn't for these scoundrels! :grr:

stubru59
10-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Aye, that Thomoson's some player. He's surely no played against us every week, though.

RIP Bestie
10-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Forget everything else. The fans and players turned up today and did their jobs. For half an hour we had Killie under siege and they were buckling. Then Nelson gets hauled to the ground in the box. Any other game, any where in the world, any other ref, it's a cast iron penalty. But not for Thomson against us.

Get over yourself.

Onion
10-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Thompson is a cheat, we all know that. But he didn't have to do anything today, Hibs were able to achieve utter mediocrity all by themselves. Let's now blame Thompson for our demise this season as all that does is get us accused of paranoia and get Thompson off the hook for his past horrendous cheating.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 02:18 PM

FFS. When will it all end?

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Nope, we weren't good enough over 38 games, absolutely nothing to do with thomson

Brightside
10-05-2014, 02:23 PM
They had three attacks and scored with two. We lost coz our defence is utter keek. We didn't lose coz the ref is a fud. We are the most unfit club in the SPL. Whoever we get in the play-offs get your mortgage on them coz we're not winning another game.

Boyle89
10-05-2014, 02:24 PM
We are the reason we are in the playoff spot. Craig Thomson is an imposter, and missed what looked to me two blatant penalties one in either half, but what should we expect?

I'm not debating that fact. It's all down to us being utter garbage that we are in the playoffs. Just another excuse having Thomson ref that game. Sick and tired of this. Cannot wait for this season to be done with!

500miles
He turned down a couple of stonewall penalty claims for us. The foul on Nelson and a hand ball. We need those decisions to go our way when we're in a rut like this, but he takes great pleasure in turning them down.

He is a cheat. Not the only reason we lost, but a mitigating factor.

R'Albin
Out of the 8 games in which Hibs have scored the first goal this season, we have won 6 and drawn the other 2.

I get that this is one of those debates that naturally just goes around in circles, but that decision may have cost us a massive three points today. There's no guarantee we would have won - or scored the penalty for that matter - but it is another huge decision that has gone against us and it has contributed to us being where we are.

borstalboy
10-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Not sure if it was a pen or not but Forster missed the glorious chance from that same cross......tbh, he should've scored, didn't even hit the target from 5 or 6 yards!!

snooky
10-05-2014, 02:26 PM
I don't like C Thomson one iota however, I don't blame him for our defeat today.
He could have given a penalty when Boyd went down in the box early on but didn't.
Mind you, CB was inside the box at the time & it's only a pen if the foul is outside the box, IIRC.

Sean1875
10-05-2014, 02:27 PM
FFS im getting so bored of this Thomson chat. We didnt get ourselves in this position because of a referee

Stuarty27
10-05-2014, 02:29 PM
How the linesman didn't give the handball in second half I will never know. It was right in front of him

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Hibs played well but with nothing up front. We deserve to be where we are it's as simple as that.

That arse Thompson defo done us out the pen though.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2014, 02:31 PM
How the linesman didn't give the handball in second half I will never know. It was right in front of him

That looked a stonewaller to me.

Simple fact is though if we had been just a little bit more like a proper football team in the last half a season we wouldn't have been relying on a penalty decision today.

givescotlandfreedom
10-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Thomson played his part. Stonewaller in the first half for me.

Crab apple
10-05-2014, 02:34 PM
We have been poor over the whole season. The lack of pace, width and creativity at the start of the season were never addressed and these are now compounded by a total lack of confidence. But I agree with the OP. The denial of the penalty at that point in the game was a potential game changer. Our only goal threat a the moment is from set pieces. Any other ref and the denial of the penalty claim, it's a poor decision. With Cheat it is consistently poor calls against us. And nothing gets done.

Alfred E Newman
10-05-2014, 02:37 PM
We are the worst team in the league and are deservedly where we are but the number of poor refereeing decisions that go against us does not help.

matty_f
10-05-2014, 02:38 PM
I don't get the haste in dismissing a ref's role in a game just because we are pish.

0-0 and on top at the time, scoring then would have made a massive difference to how the game panned out.

Swedish hibee
10-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Was Kris Boyd booked for his goal celebrations?

500miles
10-05-2014, 02:41 PM

Of course he wasn't.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't get the haste in dismissing a ref's role in a game just because we are pish.

0-0 and on top at the time, scoring then would have made a massive difference to how the game panned out.

Can't blame the ref for everything. He's a sneaky ******* though - doesn't give the foul if it's in a dangerous place, kills the game at times with a free kick when it's not warranted. Handball against Collins then ignoring the identical Killie one a minute later. And 2 minutes injury time FFS!

big gogs
10-05-2014, 02:59 PM
We had 38 games to get out of trouble and blown the chance time and time again.two wins and two draws in 19 games.i agree we should have had a penalty,but our future should have been in our hands by now

Crab apple
10-05-2014, 03:04 PM

:agree: In a nutshell. And we can argue the same for most of our big games that The Cheat refs.

malagahibby
10-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Not only a pen but pasquali had just been booked so he was off.Thomson wouldn't want to do that.
The guy is a cheat and hibs need to tell the sfa we don't want him again .

SanFranHibs
10-05-2014, 04:21 PM
But until the penalty 'decision' I actually thought he had a fair game. And later did not give Boyd's 'penalty' and I also have to say Boyd did not even look for a penalty becasue it was not one. With regards to our claim the commentators thought their player was lucky not to concede a penalty and thus being sent off.

However, we are so embarassingly bad, 1 win in the last 18 league games that it somehow seems inevitable that decisions such as these will go against us. Just like they headed the ball off the line and their keeper makes a great save and Collins blasts the ball against the bar. Bad teams seem to attract bad luck.

Anyhow I know the reason for our demise. Nothing to do with Petrie, Fenlon, Butcher. It is because we let Gordon Smith go. We let Hearts get him and they win the league. Then they copy our mistake and let Dundee get him and they win the league. Hearts going down, Hibs might join them whilst Dundee win promotion to the Premier.

Does not get more obvious than that !!!

11 days until the play-off. We must end the curse of Smithie !

dutchhibby
10-05-2014, 04:59 PM
FFS im getting so bored of this Thomson chat. We didnt get ourselves in this position because of a referee

^^ this exactly
we cant score goals = no wins

refs cant score for us
if we could put the ball in the net now and then we wouldnt have to rely on some corrupt yam ref to give us a pen would we ?

Bronson
10-05-2014, 05:03 PM
He f***ing done us again today IMO, the foul on Nelson by Pascali was as much of a stonewaller as I have seen all season and would've been a second booking.

He isn't the sole reason we're where we are, but if there was another official refereeing today I think we'd have won.

Jdawg
10-05-2014, 05:04 PM
37 games prior to today to not be in 11th place. Killie had a shout for a pen too

hibee62
10-05-2014, 05:04 PM
^^ this exactly
we cant score goals = no wins

refs cant score for us
if we could put the ball in the net now and then we wouldnt have to rely on some corrupt yam ref to give us a pen would we ?
Refs can't score for us but they can make sure we have a fair chance to score!

Sean1875
10-05-2014, 05:06 PM

Not as good a chance as the 11 men on the pitch all season though.

lapsedhibee
10-05-2014, 05:08 PM
37 games prior to today to not be in 11th place. Killie had a shout for a pen too

No they didn't. The Fat Hun fell down in the box. I don't think even he thought he was going to get anything from that, apart from a very slim chance of a booking.

dutchhibby
10-05-2014, 05:17 PM

thats up to our players to take make and take chances
they are not good enough to do this
fact
hes a corrupt ref but i dont blame refs as much as id love to
this is bigger than this 1 game, weve failed so many times to score goals and if its not our own fault then whos is it ?

overdrive
10-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Yes, he was a cheat again. Did it make a difference? Probably not. I really doubt we would have scored a penalty had we got one.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-05-2014, 05:29 PM
No excuses.

hibee62
10-05-2014, 05:29 PM
thats up to our players to take make and take chances
they are not good enough to do this
fact
hes a corrupt ref but i dont blame refs as much as id love to
this is bigger than this 1 game, weve failed so many times to score goals and if its not our own fault then whos is it ?
Bottom line is that in the last 7 games we have created 2 goals. These goals might well have kept us out of the playoff. These goals were wrongly denied by referees. One with history against us!

It's poor that 2 goals are the difference between being in the playoff and not but that is the reality and that is how we have been wronged!

neil7908
10-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Nae chance

Pete
10-05-2014, 05:33 PM

He didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. People need to chill out and chucking chips and coke won't help anybody.

I didn't see the penalty incident but I don't think Thomson had a bad game. It's not his fault we lost today or find ourselves in a play off.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Can't blame the ref for everything. He's a sneaky ******* though - doesn't give the foul if it's in a dangerous place, kills the game at times with a free kick when it's not warranted. Handball against Collins then ignoring the identical Killie one a minute later. And 2 minutes injury time FFS!

was that the one with approx 10 mins left ? clear arm ball from the killie player and in clear view of the referee and even closer to the east stand linesman..incredible

heretoday
10-05-2014, 05:57 PM
You can't blame the ref. We just cannot put the ball in the net is the simple problem.

SmashinGlass
10-05-2014, 05:58 PM
He didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. People need to chill out and chucking chips and coke won't help anybody.

I didn't see the penalty incident but I don't think Thomson had a bad game. It's not his fault we lost today or find ourselves in a play off.

It's not entirely Thomson's fault that we lost today, but I have to say I think he's partially responsible. He had a dreadful game, missing two stonewall penalties for us. In addition, whilst watmore did nothing of real note, thomson's refusal to sanction Killie's players for continually putting in some pretty poor challenges had an impact.

GlenrothesHibee
10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
This is getting boring. We only have ourselves to blame

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2014, 06:23 PM
If we had managed better than 4 home wins out of 19 games at fortress Easter Road this season it wouldn't have mattered if cheat Thomson had ignored 100 stonewall penalties today.

End of storey.

silverhibee
10-05-2014, 07:13 PM

Sorry but cheated by the team again.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2014, 07:18 PM

:agree: I wasn't there today due to work, although I have spoken to someone who was there and they said it was a stonewall decision. Of course that would have changed the course of the game as goals change matches.

I don't blame Craig Thomson for the fact that we are in the play off as we haven't been good enough in too many games this season. However the man should not be allowed to take charge of another Hibs game.

The record he's got against us is overwhelming.

Paisley Hibby
10-05-2014, 07:38 PM

We lost today because we are *****. Nowt to do with the ref.

chuckberry
10-05-2014, 07:45 PM

Incredible !! :taxi

Paisley Hibby
10-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Not only a pen but pasquali had just been booked so he was off.Thomson wouldn't want to do that.
The guy is a cheat and hibs need to tell the sfa we don't want him again .

Okay, he's part of a jambo masonic conspiracy and not only that, he's Wallace Mercer's love child. He's being paid by the SFA and BBC Sportsound to make sure we go down with the big team. Why didn't I see that before :rolleyes:

hibbycraig
10-05-2014, 08:01 PM
I was waiting for this. Blaming the ref for cheating us out of 10th place. Jesus guys, get a grip!!
It's 100% the players fault. Not Thomson or Petries fault...haven't seen them only gaining 2 points in the 10 games.

Looks like Butcher has no clue what to do or has just giving up completely!

Hope all those idiots that protested about Fenton are chuffed now.
I've got my season ticket for next year regardless of what division we are in.

:flag::flag::flag:

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 08:06 PM
We lost to a team who took one of their chances. That's it.

No doubt about that, as well as our failure to get the ball over the goalline when it often looked more difficult to miss than to score, but also due to the sometimes inexplicable decisions which should have been given in Hibs favour which were either not give or given to Killie. :agree:

The Nelson "penalty" looked a stonewaller and there was another in the second half when a Killie player handled a cross in the penalty box which almost got Craig his second yellow card when he protested to Thomson!
I'm under no illusion how poor a team we are right now but this guys is unable to behave properly to Hibs on key decisions as all of the stats on his games referreeing Hibs have been proven to confirm in the past! :rolleyes:

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 08:14 PM
No doubt about that, as well as our failure to get the ball over the goalline when it often looked more difficult to miss than to score, but also due to the sometimes inexplicable decisions which should have been given in Hibs favour which were either not give or given to Killie. :agree:

The Nelson "penalty" looked a stonewaller and there was another in the second half when a Killie player handled a cross in the penalty box which almost got Craig his second yellow card when he protested to Thomson!

I'm under no illusion how poor a team we are right now but this guys is unable to behave properly to Hibs on key decisions as all of the stats on his games referreeing Hibs have been proven to confirm in the past! :rolleyes:

The fact, and I do mean fact, is that to finish 10th we 'only' needed a win today.

For all the terrible performances we STILL only needed a win today to finish 10th.

With the score at nil nil he denied a stonewaller.

Contrast that with the New Year Derby. Ref gives, we score, we win.

Thomson isn't the reason we're a terrible team but he's played his part today, no doubt about it. Just like he did two years ago at the Final.

Kiddo
10-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Admins, ltyf please.

Who you calling a yam fud? How anyone can try and blame anyone but the *****e we've had on the park all year is unbelievable. Get a grip mate. We deserve to go down.

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 08:50 PM
The fact, and I do mean fact, is that to finish 10th we 'only' needed a win today.

For all the terrible performances we STILL only needed a win today to finish 10th.

Thomson isn't the reason we're a terrible team but he's played his part today, no doubt about it. Just like he did two years ago at the Final.

If you read what I said I agree (I've edited my original post to point that out more clearly)!! :wink:

Hiber-nation
10-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Okay, he's part of a jambo masonic conspiracy and not only that, he's Wallace Mercer's love child. He's being paid by the SFA and BBC Sportsound to make sure we go down with the big team. Why didn't I see that before :rolleyes:

:top marks

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Who you calling a yam fud? How anyone can try and blame anyone but the *****e we've had on the park all year is unbelievable. Get a grip mate. We deserve to go down.

Read my post above this one.

Where am I wrong.

It's not mutually exclusive - we're very poor and he's a cheat.

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 09:01 PM
If you read what I said I agree (I've edited my original post to point that out more clearly!! :wink:

Indeed - sorry!

matty_f
10-05-2014, 09:03 PM

I do believe you've posted something that I am in complete agreement with. I'm away for a lie down!

TornadoHibby
10-05-2014, 09:06 PM
I do believe you've posted something that I am in complete agreement with. I'm away for a lie down!

:greengrin

Darkened room I trust! :wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
10-05-2014, 09:26 PM
It honestly amazes me when people say the result is noting to do with the ref!

Take hibs out of the situation (say you were watching an EPL game)

The first half penalty shout, do you not think it was a foul? You see them given every week in leagues across Europe

Refs decision not to give it (at 0-0 and book the player) and that doesn't effect the game or result?

It won't plaster the cracks of a bad season but it certainly would affect the outcome of any game.

ehf
10-05-2014, 09:34 PM

Thank you for articulating the point much better than I was able to.

Of course it is ludicrous that we are in this situation, and there are many other factors which have led to this.

But we were where we were and a win today would have eradicated all of the poison, at least for now. Today's game was a one off, all or nothing (there is no way we will win the play off, we all know that).

The fans rallied, in heroic numbers, for a ridiculously early KO.

Butcher went 442, which was what we wanted.

The players were up for it and battered Killie for half an hour, they really were buckling.

Then the Cheat got to work.

OK, we might have missed the penalty, but I think we would have scored and I am 100% convinced we would then have won the game.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Thank you for articulating the point much better than I was able to.

Of course it is ludicrous that we are in this situation, and there are many other factors which have led to this.

But we were where we were and a win today would have eradicated all of the poison, at least for now. Today's game was a one off, all or nothing (there is no way we will win the play off, we all know that).

The fans rallied, in heroic numbers, for a ridiculously early KO.

Butcher went 442, which was what we wanted.

The players were up for it and battered Killie for half an hour, they really were buckling.

Then the Cheat got to work.

OK, we might have missed the penalty, but I think we would have scored and I am 100% convinced we would then have won the game.

This

A legitimate penalty shout at 0-0

And yet some fans on here think a decision in our favour wouldn't have changed the outcome or pathway of the game.....

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 01:08 AM
Embarrassing thread op. Clutching at straws. Thomsons not to blame for today's defeat. End of. Thread closed.

matty_f
11-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Embarrassing thread op. Clutching at straws. Thomsons not to blame for today's defeat. End of. Thread closed.

Why shouldn't it be discussed? There are loads and loads and loads of threads lamenting how pish we are.

Thomson has repeatedly shafted us when it really matters, yesterday he did it again. Should that just be ignored and accepted because we're not very good?

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Why shouldn't it be discussed? There are loads and loads and loads of threads lamenting how pish we are.

Thomson has repeatedly shafted us when it really matters, yesterday he did it again. Should that just be ignored and accepted because we're not very good?

We weren't cheated yesterday. Thomson is an easy excuse to cover over our defeat yesterday. It was the refs fault. No it wasn't. Deal with it.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Thomson isnae the reason we're in this mess, Petrie is. Once again though he cheated his way through the game but this club will dae **** all, soft as **** and Petrie winnae want tae rock the boat in case it endangers his SFA blazer. He'd rather see us shafted than that.

Leithenhibby
11-05-2014, 08:33 AM
We weren't cheated yesterday. Thomson is an easy excuse to cover over our defeat yesterday. It was the refs fault. No it wasn't. Deal with it.

People are saying it was a penalty, they're not saying CT cost us the game. From my seat in the west it was a stone wall penalty and for me, the stand side linesman just ignored our claim and in turn made CT decision easy........

matty_f
11-05-2014, 08:35 AM

I can accept our failings while still being able to acknowledge that having a clear penalty denied by that clown at a point in the game where we were well on top was a major decision, and that it is likely that the game would have been very different had we got a penalty (assuming it was scored) at that moment.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 08:39 AM
I can accept our failings while still being able to acknowledge that having a clear penalty denied by that clown at a point in the game where we were well on top was a major decision, and that it is likely that the game would have been very different had we got a penalty (assuming it was scored) at that moment.

I felt we got away with one when Boyd went down in the first half. Looked like a trip to me. Perfect opportunity for Thomson to "cheat" and give them a penalty. If he cheated us yesterday why did he not give it??

3pm
11-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Did he have a view of the handball? The Lino did but did Hawkeye?!

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Did he have a view of the handball? The Lino did but did Hawkeye?!

I was in the west and I didn't see it. Thomson likely didn't see it as the players backs were to him going away from goal??

matty_f
11-05-2014, 08:46 AM
I felt we got away with one when Boyd went down in the first half. Looked like a trip to me. Perfect opportunity for Thomson to "cheat" and give them a penalty. If he cheated us yesterday why did he not give it??

What was your answer to my question again?

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 08:50 AM
What was your answer to my question again?

Everyone focusing on Thomson cheating hibs yesterday. He didn't. It's as simple as that. Now if you'll excuse me it's breakfast time.

JimBHibees
11-05-2014, 09:10 AM
How anyone can deny that the cheat hates Hibs is incredible. Stonewall pen and Pascali gets second yellow massively changes the game.

Sammy7nil
11-05-2014, 09:13 AM

I agree with this part although he did not cost us the game again he had a major impact on how it went. Cheat is probably too strong a word fro him but lets just say he never gives Hibs a decision unless there is no other available option.

ehf
11-05-2014, 09:58 AM

Ah, a visit from the Opinion Police.

Baker9
11-05-2014, 10:06 AM
I thought the OP was meaning Kevin with his wee sore leg.

Ringothedog
11-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Everyone focusing on Thomson cheating hibs yesterday. He didn't. It's as simple as that. Now if you'll excuse me it's breakfast time.

I will give you my opinion:

Nelson pulled to the ground is a penalty
Boyd going to ground was not a penalty
Handball/armball by killie player was a penalty

Hibernian were denied two stonewallers. One decision "missed" by the referee one decision missed by his assistant. It is either cheating or incompetence, if it is incompetence then those officials should not officiate a game again. big decisions in the last few weeks have gone against us. That is not the reason why we are in this position but it has not helped. All the poor decisions have had as massive impact on the final result.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2014, 01:55 PM
I will give you my opinion:

Nelson pulled to the ground is a penalty
Boyd going to ground was not a penalty
Handball/armball by killie player was a penalty

Hibernian were denied two stonewallers. One decision "missed" by the referee one decision missed by his assistant. It is either cheating or incompetence, if it is incompetence then those officials should not officiate a game again. big decisions in the last few weeks have gone against us. That is not the reason why we are in this position but it has not helped. All the poor decisions have had as massive impact on the final result.

My my opinion is that the Killy one was a penalty.
You have to score the penalty if given though.

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 02:01 PM
There's no doubting that Thomson is a cheat. But the biggest cheats were the players who have cheated the fans week in and week out.

When you take your chances in front of goal and defend professionally at the other end. You don't need the ref to be your best pal.

Ringothedog
11-05-2014, 02:01 PM
My my opinion is that the Killy one was a penalty.
You have to score the penalty if given though.

Will agree to disagree on your first point
I would have liked to have been given the opportunity on your second point

Paisley Hibby
11-05-2014, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;4007734]How anyone can deny that the cheat hates Hibs is incredible. Stonewall pen and Pascali gets second yellow massively changes the game.[/QUOTE

I used to think that such paranoid delusions were just a Celtic thing. We' re surely better than this kind of nonsense?

Ringothedog
11-05-2014, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;4007734]How anyone can deny that the cheat hates Hibs is incredible. Stonewall pen and Pascali gets second yellow massively changes the game.[/QUOTE

I used to think that such paranoid delusions were just a Celtic thing. We' re surely better than this kind of nonsense?

I am sorry but it is not paranoia, everybody is out to get us.

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 02:29 PM
I am sorry but it is not paranoia, everybody is out to get us.

Even the club are in on it.... :paranoid:

The_Horde
11-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Ross county on Tuesday. Craig goes up for header - looks a certain goal. County defender has his shirt pretty much off his back - Craig misses header. Goal kick given..

Yesterday, Nelson up for header - shirt clearly getting pulled - nowt given.

Both at similar stages of the match when we were intense and pushing for the opener. Both should've resulted in the player getting a red card and penalties given.

Both were not given.

The_Horde
11-05-2014, 02:43 PM
On top of that Thomson allowed our players to be fouled on several occasions, stopping our momentum. On a lot of these occasions it was the same players making the fouls and yet they hardly ever got punished.

All of these people saying it's irrelevant as we've been rubbish all season are talking utter pish. Boyd scored not long after that incident yesterday and even if we missed the penalties these teams would've been down to 10 men and significantly weaker.

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 02:46 PM
;4008551']Ross county on Tuesday. Craig goes up for header - looks a certain goal. County defender has his shirt pretty much off his back - Craig misses header. Goal kick given..

Yesterday, Nelson up for header - shirt clearly getting pulled - nowt given.

Both at similar stages of the match when we were intense and pushing for the opener. Both should've resulted in the player getting a red card and penalties given.

Both were not given.

Pushing, shoving and shirt pulling in the box goes on all the time though. We're just noticing these things more because we're desperate to get the decisions.

If we were higher up the table, playing well and winning games, nobody would be making such a big deal over something that happens in every game of football.

The_Horde
11-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Pushing, shoving and shirt pulling in the box goes on all the time though. We're just noticing these things more because we're desperate to get the decisions.

If we were higher up the table, playing well and winning games, nobody would be making such a big deal over something that happens in every game of football.

But we're not. And these decisions do matter.

Shirt pulling and pushing goes on all of the time but when it's so blatant and denying clear goal scoring opportunities you can't ignore it.

But aye, I accept your argument that because we're ***** the rules of the game no longer apply.

Hibercelona
11-05-2014, 02:57 PM
;4008568']But we're not. And these decisions do matter.

Shirt pulling and pushing goes on all of the time but when it's so blatant and denying clear goal scoring opportunities you can't ignore it.

But aye, I accept your argument that because we're ***** the rules of the game no longer apply.

I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying that it is the way that it is.

Whenever you're watching your next game of football. Take your eye off the ball and see what goes on inside the box during corners and freekicks. You'll see plenty of shoving and pulling going on and very rarely will the attacking team get the benefit, even if they're on the receiving end.

We're just more desperate than ever to get these decisions, because we're so poor.

If we had actually earned the right to win yesterday, instead of allowing the heads to drop as soon as the chips were down, all these incidents that people are pointing out would hardly have gotten a mention.

The_Horde
11-05-2014, 03:22 PM
This wasn't your average shirt pulling though. It's denied clear goal scoring opportunities.

basehibby
11-05-2014, 03:41 PM
I agree with the OP - Thomson was shockingly biased - there was the stonewall penalty turned down in the first half, a blatant handball at the the edge of the Killie box ignored, Watmore scythed down after which he was hobbling about - no foul given, never mind a card.

From what I'm seeing the Main Stream Media are glossing over this and saying he had a good game - this is a falsehood - he was incredibly biased against Hibs to a game changing degree as he always is. The main stream media may want to pretend all is rosy and that our leading officials are NOT corrupt/incompetent/biased but Hibs.net should not partake of this whitewash.

NB - that is not to say that Thomson is entirely to blame for us being in the playoffs - of course a league season is over 38 games and we would not be where we are if the team had performed better over the piece. However, that is no reason for ignoring Thomson's continuing bias against Hibs.

Fergus52
11-05-2014, 03:46 PM
No-ones trying to completely blame Thomson.

The OP is just identifying him as a factor IMO, can people not see that?

Kato
11-05-2014, 03:59 PM
We're just noticing these things more because we're desperate to get the decisions.

That's your view, not everyone else's.

basehibby
11-05-2014, 04:03 PM
;4008553']On top of that Thomson allowed our players to be fouled on several occasions, stopping our momentum. On a lot of these occasions it was the same players making the fouls and yet they hardly ever got punished.

All of these people saying it's irrelevant as we've been rubbish all season are talking utter pish. Boyd scored not long after that incident yesterday and even if we missed the penalties these teams would've been down to 10 men and significantly weaker.

:top marks

500miles
11-05-2014, 04:03 PM
We should be kicking up **** in the press, in the SPFL, everywhere that gets noticed until the man's position is untenable. The next protest should be when he is refereeing, win or lose.

Saorsa
11-05-2014, 04:08 PM
I agree with the OP - Thomson was shockingly biased - there was the stonewall penalty turned down in the first half, a blatant handball at the the edge of the Killie box ignored, Watmore scythed down after which he was hobbling about - no foul given, never mind a card.

From what I'm seeing the Main Stream Media are glossing over this and saying he had a good game - this is a falsehood - he was incredibly biased against Hibs to a game changing degree as he always is. The main stream media may want to pretend all is rosy and that our leading officials are NOT corrupt/incompetent/biased but Hibs.net should not partake of this whitewash.

NB - that is not to say that Thomson is entirely to blame for us being in the playoffs - of course a league season is over 38 games and we would not be where we are if the team had performed better over the piece. However, that is no reason for ignoring Thomson's continuing bias against Hibs.This club will dae nowt.

sbell1875
11-05-2014, 04:40 PM
My mate who was at the game and isn't even a Hibs fan was stunned he didn't award a penalty for the challenge on Nelson. I'll admit to missing the incident but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was a stonewaller.

Flanny boy
11-05-2014, 08:49 PM
This club will dae nowt.
As per usual

Callum_62
11-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Watched the highlights on SPFL youtube

Forster should have scored - still a blatent pen though

The guy had his arms around his head

Why the whole team wernt surrounding the ref, I dont know

i also think forsters thunderbolt was headed into the top corner before the Killie guy got his head on it

Boyds disallowed goal was very touch and go offside - he probably was just on actually

Mr White
11-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Watched the highlights on SPFL youtube

Forster should have scored - still a blatent pen though

The guy had his arms around his head

Why the whole team wernt surrounding the ref, I dont know

i also think forsters thunderbolt was headed into the top corner before the Killie guy got his head on it

Boyds disallowed goal was very touch and go offside - he probably was just on actually

Re boyds offside it looked to me at the time that he was offside at the initial cross not the pass for him to finish.

One Day
11-05-2014, 09:48 PM
It's not entirely Thomson's fault that we lost today, but I have to say I think he's partially responsible. He had a dreadful game, missing two stonewall penalties for us. In addition, whilst watmore did nothing of real note, thomson's refusal to sanction Killie's players for continually putting in some pretty poor challenges had an impact.

I agree with this not his fault but he is never going to give us anything

Stuarty27
12-05-2014, 07:40 PM
The bit that peed me off so much on Saturday was the amount of injury time that he played, ano the game was over but Kilmarnock were wasting time from the first minute onwards. Goalie taking ages with free kicks and bye kicks all game and he done **** all about it!

Plus 5 subs were put on in 2nd half and only 2 mins of injury time!!

Kato
12-05-2014, 07:50 PM
The bit that peed me off so much on Saturday was the amount of injury time that he played, ano the game was over but Kilmarnock were wasting time from the first minute onwards. Goalie taking ages with free kicks and bye kicks all game and he done **** all about it!

A dick to the very end.

emerald green
12-05-2014, 08:21 PM
I am sick and tired pointing out and complaining about Thomson's terrible "refereeing" of Hibs matches. I just get accused of being "paranoid". I'm not paranoid. Honest! Thomson appears to be bomb proof, despite the ever increasing volume of evidence against him. It's very strange. Nothing is ever made of it in the press. It's just the "nutters" on online fans forums is how it's usually dismissed and rubbished. When managers or players make mistakes in games, they suffer the consequences. Referees and their assistants are never held properly to account even for the most outrageous mistakes. They just walk away and nothing is ever said. It's time something was done to change things. I've suggested things that might help on previous threads. I can't be bothered doing it all again. There's no point. They don't want to know.

Diclonius
12-05-2014, 08:36 PM
We should be kicking up **** in the press, in the SPFL, everywhere that gets noticed until the man's position is untenable. The next protest should be when he is refereeing, win or lose.

Our beloved chairman won't want to pass up his future job as an SFA blazer. We will never complain.

Emerald
12-05-2014, 10:03 PM
I am sick and tired pointing out and complaining about Thomson's terrible "refereeing" of Hibs matches. I just get accused of being "paranoid". I'm not paranoid. Honest! Thomson appears to be bomb proof, despite the ever increasing volume of evidence against him. It's very strange. Nothing is ever made of it in the press. It's just the "nutters" on online fans forums is how it's usually dismissed and rubbished. When managers or players make mistakes in games, they suffer the consequences. Referees and their assistants are never held properly to account even for the most outrageous mistakes. They just walk away and nothing is ever said. It's time something was done to change things. I've suggested things that might help on previous threads. I can't be bothered doing it all again. There's no point. They don't want to know.

From my vantage point on the half way line in the east I was convinced it was a penalty. I'm usually not that bad at getting these decisions right in live play. However, after seeing the replay I think the Killie player put his hands on Nelson who fell like a bag of tatties. No penalty was correct.

Mango Man
13-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Not only have we been absolutely dreadful, but we have had very little decisions go for us this year also, I'm sure there was a run of about 5 games not that long ago where nothing went for us, including Forsters goal against them, cost us vital points at a crucial part of the season.

leggeto
13-05-2014, 12:02 PM

And the goalie doing keepie ups cheeky **** if it was ours he'd be booked

emerald green
13-05-2014, 07:10 PM
From my vantage point on the half way line in the east I was convinced it was a penalty. I'm usually not that bad at getting these decisions right in live play. However, after seeing the replay I think the Killie player put his hands on Nelson who fell like a bag of tatties. No penalty was correct.

Whether that particular incident was or wasn't a penalty we'll have to agree to disagree. Presumably, the thousands of Hibs fans shouting for a penalty were all wrong? I've certainly seen penalties given for less than that. If you are saying Nelson "dived" why didn't Thomson book him?

The point is Thomson rarely gives Hibs the benefit of the doubt, or 50/50 decisions. There's a lot more to it with Thomson and his record when handling Hibs matches. It's a whole catalogue of things, some of which may at the time seem quite trivial, but at the end of the day all add up to make it that bit more difficult to win a match if you are constantly on the wrong end of it all. You've no doubt read the article on the Homepage? Hibernian V Craig Thomson.

basehibby
14-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Thomson is a cheating ****bag and is one of the few people on earth I would consider assaulting on sight - he BETTER NOT BE REFFING EITHER OF THE PLAY OFFS! :grr::fuming::yw:

emerald green
14-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Thomson is a cheating ****bag and - he BETTER NOT BE REFFING EITHER OF THE PLAY OFFS! :grr::fuming::yw:

It's strange how Thomson seems to pop up and is the referee for so many of our important games. Presumably it's just pure coincidence? :confused: