PDA

View Full Version : How do we win the playoffs?

Amit
10-05-2014, 01:55 PM
We obviously can't score.... Do we hope for two 0-0 games and then try and win on pens?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
10-05-2014, 02:01 PM
We can't score and I can't remember the last time we kept a clean sheet. We have scored 31 goals this season and Hamilton who are favourites to qualify to the final have scored 68 goals, 10 of those coming in 1 game. Whoever we face are going to be full of confidence who can score goals with a decent crowd behind them. We are going into it feeling as if we are already relegated with players who can't score and continuously concede goals. Were down.

Sergey
10-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Fortunately, at least we get a bye direct to the play-off final.

steviehibsleith
10-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Get a Bio-chemist to infect the dressing room with new strain of malaria and postpone the play-off final for 3 weeks until the transfer window opens and we can sign 9 new players !

Keith_M
10-05-2014, 02:08 PM
STF bribes the other club?

Amit
10-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Get a Bio-chemist to infect the dressing room with new strain of malaria and postpone the play-off final for 3 weeks until the transfer window opens and we can sign 9 new players !

Thinking out of the box! Good stuff!

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 02:12 PM
We obviously can't score.... Do we hope for two 0-0 games and then try and win on pens?

We can score goals. But when we have those shots in front of goal, players have to make sure that they get the ball over the line. "Close" just isn't good enough.

I'd also drop Nelson for McPake if he is fit and replace McGivern with a random fan from the stands (If there's no youngsters available).

HH81
10-05-2014, 02:14 PM
I am convinced Hibs want an Edinburgh derby next season.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 02:14 PM
It will have to be on penalties after 2 0-0 draws, thats the best way in my opinion and the only way i think we will?

Cool_Hand_Luke
10-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Could try something radical...like playing the ball on the deck :dunno:

500miles
10-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I think we hope that the 90 minutes has done the Heff a bit of good, so we can actually convert one of the chances we make.

onionman
10-05-2014, 03:08 PM
The main thing as i see it is to up the level of intensity it's huge games for our opponents too and we need to make them feel it.

I'd play some fringe players try press hard try to make opponents feel pressure on the ball, really make them have to work hard to get ball into the final third. Keep the intensity hard they have to work hard keep building the pressure when off the. On the ball intelligent movement to find space, I'd like to see every time we have the ball at least 2 options on the ball that are simple to keep the ball moving. It's all we can do it's not a team built to bully teams out the match so it's a case of consistency for 180 minutes of pressuring our opponents and trying to keep it simple on the ball.

edinburghhibee
10-05-2014, 09:10 PM
We organise three or four closed door games against opposition we can beat handsomely get the team playing the ball on the ground and down the wings and getting our three strikers heff, Collins and Cummings scoring goals in an attempt to get confidence back.

That's what I'd do anyway.