PDA

View Full Version : incentive for the players

andrew_dundee
10-05-2014, 01:55 PM
This may sound naive but I would have thought that the not altogether bad money and promise of a new contract would motivate players to be better than our shower of chancers have been. Its unlikely many of them will be snapped up by bigger, better or higher paying clubs in the Summer so why have they been so gutless.

In my job I know I would work much harder if my contract was fixed term, my wages were good and I was trying to impress bigger and better employers. Why does this not apply to footballers?

steviehibsleith
10-05-2014, 02:01 PM
I take it they players all will have signed a contract that somewhere in the small-print states if relegated then a pay cut will follow. Right now a 90 percent one for most would be applicable.
Can anyone confirm this ?

Sean1875
10-05-2014, 02:05 PM
I really hope we're not promising contracts to the players who have got us in this mess in the first place, vast majority of them should be punted.

10-05-2014, 02:13 PM
I really hope we're not promising contracts to the players who have got us in this mess in the first place, vast majority of them should be punted.

Exactly, absolute shower of pathetic, lightweight, gutless nobodys!

They shouldn't need to be bribed with money/contracts etc. they should be out there playing and giving everything for the jersey and having a bit of pride in themselves and the club.