PDA

View Full Version : Butcher's interview

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Wonder what he'll come out with this time?

Hibeesmad
10-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Same crap as always

Michael

A box containing his things?

Scottie
Coming up any sec on radio Scotland now :rolleyes:

cleanyman
10-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Butcher sounds beaten.

We're down.

Humo
10-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Sounds like the shadow of the man that came in, mopy miserable ******* who sounds as if we have been relegated.

Coco Bryce
10-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Butcher sounding like he's not got a clue how to fix this.

GlasgowHibee
10-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Sounds broken and deflated.

steakbake
10-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Anyone like to give a few snippets?

Of course the guy sounds down. We just lost a crucial game and now we've got a double header against a team who has got there through scrapping it out.

Del Boy
Slavering about logs now

HIBERNIAN-0762

He hasn't, his only saving grace is to stop playing the same duds he does week in week out in the play offs

HibbyAndy

Thats cause he doesnt.

hibee_girl
10-05-2014, 01:56 PM

If he did he'd have fixed it by now

jonty
10-05-2014, 01:57 PM

Rubbish. Once we've shifted a few logs we'll be fine. He knows what he's looking for. :rolleyes:

Scottie
10-05-2014, 01:57 PM
​Saying there is nothing to worry about

What ****in planet is this tube on? :confused:

kj79
10-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Apparently it is just one log holding us back??? :confused:

blindsummit
10-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Maybe there's some kind of secret league re-org that will save us? Otherwise we're fracked.

jonty

Immodium is the answer :agree:

bathhibby
Didn't mention our **** Defence

Pretty Boy

He doesn't.

He's tried to fit various players into his 'football style' and continually failed. Not once has it dawned on him to change the tactics.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 02:01 PM
1 clean sheet in 20 :faf:

Boyle89
Same **** every game!! We know we can't score or keep goals out. Though in all fairness he can't say anything else. Hardly expect him to slaughter the players when they are the ones that have to keep us up.

shagpile

Only if he sticks the packet in his mouth.

Make that 3 packets.:confused:

Big mouth.

shagpile
10-05-2014, 02:02 PM
1 clean sheet in 20 :faf:

Sure that's not one goal in 20?

R'Albin
10-05-2014, 02:07 PM

:hilarious

truehibernian
10-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Johnston's Killie - out sharp second half, tails up, their subs having warmed up properly.

Butchers Hibs - out last (trying to get crowd going probably) but players run out dribs and drabs, no chests puffed out, no leader taking them into 'battle' - scared rabbits.

I'll say it again, Nelson is an admiral butterfly not an 'admiral' leader - the only charge Craig could lead is one to the dole queue.

Butcher today never once noted the space Liam was leaving left side, all game he was tucked in or static tracking back - their goal came believe it or not from a throw in right on their corner flag if you track it back - Hibs not once today defended throws, thus allowing Killie time to control, turn and look up.

Leaders on the pitch and on the sidelines would see that.

Hibs, like at the very top, have no leaders. Shame really but today was expected for me, indeed, saw it coming after opening day.

Dan Sarf
10-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Same **** every game!! We know we can't score or keep goals out. Though in all fairness he can't say anything else. Hardly expect him to slaughter the players when they are the ones that have to keep us up.

"We're just missing a striker like Leigh Griffiths, a man to put the ball in the back of the net." That's sure to motivate our current strikers. Not.

ehf
10-05-2014, 02:18 PM
"We're just missing a striker like Leigh Griffiths, a man to put the ball in the back of the net."

Why didn't he sign one in January, then??

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 02:19 PM
"We're just missing a striker like Leigh Griffiths, a man to put the ball in the back of the net." That's sure to motivate our current strikers. Not.

Isn't that James Collins job? :confused:

The Green Goblin
10-05-2014, 02:19 PM
He's lost the plot.

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 02:20 PM

Petrie would only allow a loan not a signing.

But if hadn't been for Petrie we could have gone bust.

10-05-2014, 02:21 PM
He was arrogant in January and believed he had enough in the squad to see out the end of the season therefore failing to bring in improvements and that is why we are in this mess! Some of his subs as well are ****ing terrible.

Sas_The_Hibby
10-05-2014, 02:22 PM

Real lumberjacks ken whit's gauin' oan......

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Johnston's Killie - out sharp second half, tails up, their subs having warmed up properly.

Butchers Hibs - out last (trying to get crowd going probably) but players run out dribs and drabs, no chests puffed out, no leader taking them into 'battle' - scared rabbits.

I'll say it again, Nelson is an admiral butterfly not an 'admiral' leader - the only charge Craig could lead is one to the dole queue.

Butcher today never once noted the space Liam was leaving left side, all game he was tucked in or static tracking back - their goal came believe it or not from a throw in right on their corner flag if you track it back - Hibs not once today defended throws, thus allowing Killie time to control, turn and look up.

Leaders on the pitch and on the sidelines would see that.

Hibs, like at the very top, have no leaders. Shame really but today was expected for me, indeed, saw it coming after opening day.

Totally agree. The signing and recruitment policy at this Club over the past 5-6 years is a DISGRACE and is the reason we are going to be relegated.

SaulGoodman
10-05-2014, 02:23 PM

Because the fud in charge only sanctioned loan moves

RIP Bestie
10-05-2014, 02:25 PM
A box containing his things?
Yes please

Swedish hibee
10-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Slavering about logs now

what...? :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Because of this clowns management, i have seen way too many logs since 12.15.

AlbertK86
10-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Why didn't he sign one in January, then??because Rod would only sanction a loan for Adam Rooney but Dons offer him a deal and he has helped propel them to second

Terry said he wanted him but yet again barriers we're put in a Hibs managers way

Onion
10-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Butcher sounds beaten.

We're down.

This is why we need to sack him NOW, today. He has more than PROVEN over the last 4 months that he has not a clue how to manage this set of players or reverse our fortunes. We are as good as manager less, and might well be better off without him.

If he's not part of the solution, then he's part of the problem.

Expensive and radical, but relegation will cost the club £ MILLIONS. Even a sad tosser like Petrie can work out those numbers.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Folk saying it's madness to fire our manager while in a play off spot.

I think it's madness to keep them because they have proved they haven't a clue and we will go down with them in charge.

Brightside
10-05-2014, 02:34 PM
The fact that Maybury has been our best defender in the 2nd half of the season tells you just how bad we are. Nelson is a disgrace, McGivern today played in at least 13 free kicks....every single one the same. The team look like a 4yo playing FiFa 14 for the first time. Its all so basic and so obvious.

shagpile
10-05-2014, 02:36 PM
He's lost the plot.

A plot is what he should have. I'll give him a spade!

Onion
10-05-2014, 02:37 PM
He was arrogant in January and believed he had enough in the squad to see out the end of the season therefore failing to bring in improvements and that is why we are in this mess! Some of his subs as well are ****ing terrible.

You can understand why Butcher thought we were OK in Dec. We were miles away from 11th place. Just one win would have kept us up. Even Butcher could not have foreseen our utter collapse.

truehibernian
10-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Folk saying it's madness to fire our manager while in a play off spot.

I think it's madness to keep them because they have proved they haven't a clue and we will go down with them in charge.

I said it midweek TC and I am convinced now - Ian Murray will manage Hibernian FC next season.

DaveF
10-05-2014, 02:39 PM
I said it midweek TC and I am convinced now - Ian Murray will manage Hibernian FC next season.

What will change under him? ****** sick of total and utter under achievement.

Heisenberg
10-05-2014, 02:40 PM
The fact that Maybury has been our best defender in the 2nd half of the season tells you just how bad we are. Nelson is a disgrace, McGivern today played in at least 13 free kicks....every single one the same. The team look like a 4yo playing FiFa 14 for the first time. Its all so basic and so obvious.

Why leave out Forster? Just as bad as the rest. We are toothless up top and soft as ***** at the back. We look beaten and will go down now. TB has once again come into a club and made it a total mess in a matter of months.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Isn't that James Collins job? :confused:

It's also heffernans, Cummings and Haynes' job. But they never score either.

Haymaker
10-05-2014, 02:41 PM

Murray is still doing his A licence, so if we stay up he cant manage us.

Swedish hibee
10-05-2014, 02:42 PM
I do not believe that Butcher will get us through the play off. And it pains me to write/think this.

scuttle
10-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Slavering about logs now

More like planks or lumps o wid

BarneyK
10-05-2014, 02:43 PM
I do not believe that Butcher will get us through the play off. And it pains me to write/think this.

Everything points toward us losing over two legs

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Do those ridiculing the log analogy disagree with it or just not understand it?

GreenLake
10-05-2014, 02:55 PM
:faf:

matty_f
10-05-2014, 03:01 PM

Easier to just rip the pish out of it rather than trying to understand it.

jonty
10-05-2014, 03:10 PM

Easier to just rip the pish out of it rather than trying to understand it.

Mr Black meet Mr White. Just because people are ridiculing it doesn't mean they don't understand it or disagree with it.

Perhaps, just perhaps, they do understand it, AND agree with it AND make light of the analogy :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 03:11 PM
missed some of butchers interview but tom english got it absolutely spot-on..the hibs defence is absolutely atrocious and easy meat for every other team in the league, and like a stuck record i'l say it yet again, another great away day out for the away fans at ER..shame on whoever is responsible, shame on you

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Mr Black meet Mr White. Just because people are ridiculing it doesn't mean they don't understand it or disagree with it.

Perhaps, just perhaps, they do understand it, AND agree with it AND make light of the analogy :rolleyes:

Nah I'm not having that. If anyone understands it and is ridiculing it please pm me to confirm your understanding.

jonty
10-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Nah I'm not having that. If anyone understands it and is ridiculing it please pm me to confirm your understanding.

I'll be sure to PM you before I post anything else on the board, just for your approval :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2014, 03:16 PM
I'll be sure to PM you before I post anything else on the board, just for your approval :aok:

No don't bother boring me with all your thoughts mate.

Gmack7
10-05-2014, 03:17 PM
he did danny haynes:greengrin

jonty
10-05-2014, 03:18 PM
No don't bother boring me with all your thoughts mate.

Make up your ****ing mind.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Make up your ****ing mind.

Seems you misunderstood what I said (as well).

number 27
10-05-2014, 03:19 PM

I haven't heard it but I know it is worthless, just as everything he has said has been worthless, He should be judged on his actions and his results.

matty_f
10-05-2014, 03:20 PM

You could be onto something here...

jonty
10-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Seems you misunderstood what I said (as well).
thanks for your expert analysis into my thoughts :aok:
You can rest assured I understood you and TB perfectly well thanks :wink:

You could be onto something here...
Certainly on something :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2014, 03:29 PM
thanks for your expert analysis into my thoughts :aok:
You can rest assured I understood you and TB perfectly well thanks :wink:

Certainly on something :greengrin

Maybe you do understand but it certainly doesn't come across that way.

Good luck.

jonty
10-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Maybe you do understand but it certainly doesn't come across that way.

Good luck.

Thanks but you make your own luck.
Enjoy psychology 101, you're getting there :aok:

weonlywon6-2
10-05-2014, 03:36 PM
missed some of butchers interview but tom english got it absolutely spot-on..the hibs defence is absolutely atrocious and easy meat for every other team in the league, and like a stuck record i'l say it yet again, another great away day out for the away fans at ER..shame on whoever is responsible, shame on you

The midfield and the attack are rubbish as well

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 03:43 PM
The midfield and the attack are rubbish as well

can't argue with that, but most of us old timers will probably agree on one thing, build a team from the ******* back, stop giving away the cheapest of cheapest goals and then we have half a chance at least, then a centre mid, then a striker, i imagine it's probably in a football manual somewhere :greengrin

emerald green
10-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Change the record Terry. Heard all this bull**** before. Is anyone listening anymore? I wish you and the team all the best of luck in the play-off. You are going to need it.

eastmainsmsh
10-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Pat Fenlon shouldve been given till end of season imo ...Butcher has come in lost dressing room hence why we are in this mess very sad for fans who pay lots of money players are gutless no clubs will touch them butcher was wrong choice imo

NOLA
10-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Murray is still doing his A licence, so if we stay up he cant manage us.

he can manage us in the championship though :wink: If we go down might as well bring in a new manager with experience working in that league, he's done a great job at dumbarton but can only take them sofar, he might see the Hibs job as too big for him at this stage of his early career though.

hibbydog
10-05-2014, 04:02 PM
More of the same self pity from butcher. We we unlucky, we tried hard, it wouldnt break for us, they had a goalkeeper etc. it's little wonder that they players heads go down when we lose a goal if their boss just lavishes pity onto them the same way he does with himself?

Would much rather he talks about making your own luck with a bit of skill/ composure and perseverance.

The soft attitude really bothers me.

wills
10-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Sack TB now before the play-offs bring someone like McLeish in, hope that the new manager syndrome makes players fight that bit more for their places or contracts. Can't get any worse

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Sack TB now before the play-offs bring someone like McLeish in, hope that the new manager syndrome makes players fight that bit more for their places or contracts. Can't get any worse

Petrie wony sack him. The only way he'll go is if he walks, whick he probably wont.

wills
10-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Petrie wony sack him. The only way he'll go is if he walks, whick he probably wont.

You're right but you live and hope

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 04:25 PM
You're right but you live and hope

Correct Wills :agree:

Centre Hawf
10-05-2014, 04:26 PM
I love how Butchers now talking about Leigh Griffiths. He never managed him, we never had him when he took over. He must have had a plan for our lack of goals when he took the job, or he is more inept than I give him credit for.

The man is blaming everyone bar himself at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Pat Fenlon shouldve been given till end of season imo ...Butcher has come in lost dressing room hence why we are in this mess very sad for fans who pay lots of money players are gutless no clubs will touch them butcher was wrong choice imo

No Fenlon should have gone after the Malmo shambles, but as daft as it is i'm now glad he never went then. Butcher would have had this team bottom by now had he taken over then, There is no doubt in my mind the worst Hearts team in my living memory would have overtaken us with Butcher at the helm even with the 15 point deduction.

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Isn't that James Collins job? :confused:Nope. Haynes.

Nailrod
10-05-2014, 04:37 PM
he can manage us in the championship though :wink: If we go down might as well bring in a new manager with experience working in that league, he's done a great job at dumbarton but can only take them sofar, he might see the Hibs job as too big for him at this stage of his early career though.Yes. I can see him sitting there saying to himself "Jeez. These last five guys are going to be a hard act to follow..."
:agree:

dutchhibby
10-05-2014, 04:38 PM
butcher is clueless
we could be another club hes managed to relegation
he should step down now as we have a couple of weeks till the play offs

get ian murray in asap he bleeds green and will give the players the needed kick up the ar$e that terry cant seem to do

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 04:40 PM
wee pat nevin is on off the ball just now for the next hour

they want hibs fans to phone in :eyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 04:53 PM
wee pat nevin is on off the ball just now for the next hour

they want hibs fans to phone in :eyes:

Iistening to it now, should be interesting :agree"

hibee_girl
10-05-2014, 05:14 PM
I love how Butchers now talking about Leigh Griffiths. He never managed him, we never had him when he took over. He must have had a plan for our lack of goals when he took the job, or he is more inept than I give him credit for.

The man is blaming everyone bar himself at the moment.

It's bizarre how he's suddenly bringing up Griffiths, it's like he's blaming what went on before he came here.

It's all down to him IMO, he had plenty of time to make us safe.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't understand the log analogy. But seeing as Butcher is the one using it, I don't want to understand it.

matty_f
10-05-2014, 05:28 PM
It's bizarre how he's suddenly bringing up Griffiths, it's like he's blaming what went on before he came here.

It's all down to him IMO, he had plenty of time to make us safe.

I still maintain that while not blameless, Butcher has been dealt a particularly pishy hand while he's been here.

What other manager has had to deal with the loss (at the same time) of their recognised centre half, best midfielders, and a recognised senior striker? I had forgotten Heffernan was even at the club he's been out that long. We'd have won much more games with Hanlon, Thomson, Robertson and Heffernan available and playing, IMHO.

Still doesn't absolve Butcher and Malpas of responsibility, but it's a big factor.

matty_f
10-05-2014, 05:29 PM
I don't understand the log analogy. But seeing as Butcher is the one using it, I don't want to understand it.

I don't understand your logic, but seeing as it's your logic, I don't want to understand it.

(((Fergus)))
10-05-2014, 07:22 PM
All he was basically saying was Hibs aren't scoring goals - which is ******ing amazing insight from a professional manager.

It is also only one half of the patently obvious "causes" of Hibs' failure.

Paisley Hibby
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
I still maintain that while not blameless, Butcher has been dealt a particularly pishy hand while he's been here.

What other manager has had to deal with the loss (at the same time) of their recognised centre half, best midfielders, and a recognised senior striker? I had forgotten Heffernan was even at the club he's been out that long. We'd have won much more games with Hanlon, Thomson, Robertson and Heffernan available and playing, IMHO.

Still doesn't absolve Butcher and Malpas of responsibility, but it's a big factor.

There is absolutely no excuse for that performance today. Clueless, unmotivated and scared of their own shadows. That's the manger's fault and if he had any integrity he'd walk and let us get somebody in who actually knows what they're doing. It won't happen of course so we're going down, it's a certainty.

whereswallace?
10-05-2014, 07:37 PM
I don't know how he's done it, but just when we thought we couldn't get any pisher under Fenlon, Butcher has come in and made us even pisher. His brand of "football" is atrocious. At no point has he aknowledged that it just isn't working. It may work with some players but not the ones he has at his disposal. I'm at a loss to explain what's happened, the hype, the buzz and enthusiasm he brung in with him when he walked through the door is long since gone, aswell as my patience with that team.

southsider
10-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Leigh almost single-handidly kept us up last season so we were 29 goals down. There was (and is) a £1 million loan from Farmer waiting to be used. Selik fans mostly hate him. We must move heaven and earth to bring him home.

edwards
10-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Definately knows what he is talking about the log is Collins his fitba brain consists of the shavings off a 4x2 :wink:

silverhibee
10-05-2014, 08:23 PM

Does he have all his coaching badges to be a manager in this league.

Murray not for me bud, get Billy Davies in.

silverhibee
10-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Still to hear the interview.

But is he saying there is one player causing bother in the squad or have i not sobered up yet and not got a clue about the log.

10-05-2014, 08:28 PM
You can understand why Butcher thought we were OK in Dec. We were miles away from 11th place. Just one win would have kept us up. Even Butcher could not have foreseen our utter collapse.

Agree with you, nobody could have predicted the magnitude of our free fall but the team was still pretty poor and needed strengthened. We should have strengthened to push for top 6 anyway.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Still to hear the interview.

But is he saying there is one player causing bother in the squad or have i not sobered up yet and not got a clue about the log.

I took from it that he meant we just can't score and when we get past that we will score, ie get one we'll get a few.

Long Time Hibee
10-05-2014, 09:42 PM

He did and chose loan deal Danny Haynes instead of permanent deal Adam Rooney.
Good choice Terry!!!!!!

sahib
10-05-2014, 09:47 PM
All he was basically saying was Hibs aren't scoring goals - which is ******ing amazing insight from a professional manager.

It is also only one half of the patently obvious "causes" of Hibs' failure.

I would say it is much more than half. Do top teams go through games and never lose a goal? I can't remember any one thumping us the the league, yet here we are in this sorry state, because we couldn't fashion a goal for toffee. If we had scored first in some of the last few games it might have been a different story. Being hard to score against starts further up the field than the defence; holding and winning the ball back in midfield must help.

silverhibee
10-05-2014, 09:51 PM
I took from it that he meant we just can't score and when we get past that we will score, ie get one we'll get a few.

Cheers

KWJ
10-05-2014, 10:40 PM
He wanted Rooney did he not, we all did. Aberdeen just outbid us.

I think he expected the team we had to still challenge for top 6 and that we'd have an overhaul in the summer.

After an initial dip at Motherwell (under harsh conditions) he made them mid table which is about their position. He nearly saved ICT, romped a tricky first division & then turned them into a team competing for Europe.

Even if we go down he should be given a chance to take us back up. He's won the league in his first attempt before with lesser resources than he has now. The summer window is much better for picking up players than January.

We can't keep changing our managers. Butcher has a track record in Scotland, give him time.

Blocks Biloxi
10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
He wanted Rooney did he not, we all did. Aberdeen just outbid us.

I think he expected the team we had to still challenge for top 6 and that we'd have an overhaul in the summer.

After an initial dip at Motherwell (under harsh conditions) he made them mid table which is about their position. He nearly saved ICT, romped a tricky first division & then turned them into a team competing for Europe.

Even if we go down he should be given a chance to take us back up. He's won the league in his first attempt before with lesser resources than he has now. The summer window is much better for picking up players than January.

We can't keep changing our managers. Butcher has a track record in Scotland, give him time.

This. Some perspective, common sense and cool heads are what's required right now.

Steve-O
10-05-2014, 11:11 PM
He did and chose loan deal Danny Haynes instead of permanent deal Adam Rooney.
Good choice Terry!!!!!!

I think you'll find that choice was because if Petrie, he should also GTF.

Hibeesmad
10-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Butcher said at the beginning of the transfer window he would only bring in players who are better than what we have already got. Haynes and Boateng weren't even on the bench today

Steve-O
10-05-2014, 11:18 PM
The loan signings have been absolutely ganting. Waste of time.

The Omega Man
10-05-2014, 11:20 PM
He's lost the plot.

He never had it to start with.

I saw my first Hibs game in 1967 but have long been left Edinburgh. I now live in the NE of England and go along to watch Sunderland. He was utter ***** at SAFC and should never have been appointed the manager of Hibs. I have no idea how this bloke has managed to make a living in Scotland.

The problem that Hibs has, like all Scottish clubs, is that there is no money in Scottish football. The TV deal is ***** and its just not worth someone chucking £20m at the team having bought it for whatever sum.

Ronniekirk
10-05-2014, 11:43 PM
There is absolutely no excuse for that performance today. Clueless, unmotivated and scared of their own shadows. That's the manger's fault and if he had any integrity he'd walk and let us get somebody in who actually knows what they're doing. It won't happen of course so we're going down, it's a certainty.

You have changed your tune .When I posted we were away from home first in the play offs You said you'd fixed it for me .But as you rightly point out now there is no quick fix for this lot .

whiskas
17-05-2014, 06:59 AM
I would say it is much more than half. Do top teams go through games and never lose a goal? I can't remember any one thumping us the the league, yet here we are in this sorry state, because we couldn't fashion a goal for toffee. If we had scored first in some of the last few games it might have been a different story. Being hard to score against starts further up the field than the defence; holding and winning the ball back in midfield must help.

The main issue is at the other end of the pitch- no craft in the final third and bypassing the midfield entirely with puntball when we should be keeping it on the deck and playing through the midfield.
The defence are on a constant knife-edge as they know that if they make a single mistake its game over because of our complete inability to score goals. Ironically this pressure makes mistakes even more likely and contributes to the ountball mentality as its safety first every time