PDA

View Full Version : Protest outside the main stand?

Pages : [1] 2

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 01:23 PM
According to Sportsound.

Haymaker
10-05-2014, 01:23 PM
No surprise.

Michael
10-05-2014, 01:24 PM
By 'protest' do we mean 15 people loitering outside the front entrance?

Scotty-1875
10-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Just walked past. Quite a number of folk this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibeedonald
Just seen a pic on twitter 100+ at least

Aaron

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
According to Sportsound.

Hope there's more at this one than the last one then

spike220
10-05-2014, 01:27 PM

pretty much sounds like the usual, unless they have a bed sheet, which although not usual is known to happen on occasion.

Callum_62
10-05-2014, 01:28 PM
What exactly are they hoping to achieve?

Removal of management team? (11 days before 1st leg of play off....who will take the team and actually make a difference?)

Removal of Petrie? (isnt that happening in 2 weeks anyway)

andy1875
10-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Ask Liam Craig, Ryan McGivern, Michael Nelson and James Collins to politely do one from this once proud, famous football club. And that's just for starters.

These 4 players above are everything this wrong with this side.

Gutless, talentless and if there's been a less inspiring captain than Liam Craig then I'd love to ken who.

The Falcon
10-05-2014, 01:30 PM

Removal of management team? (11 days before 1st leg of play off....who will take the team and actually make a difference?)

If one of them has the money to take over that might make a difference.

Betty Boop
10-05-2014, 01:31 PM
pretty much sounds like the usual, unless they have a bed sheet, which although not usual is known to happen on occasion.

Not in favour of protest then ? People are angry about the state of the club.

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Get Butcher out now..at least we might have a chance in play offs...he has destroyed us

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin

Doing nothing certainly won't achieve anything. Look where not speaking out for being afraid to "upset" anyone has got us? At least they are there doing something...anything, no?

Joe6-2

Don't know what can be achieved, but Petrie MUST be made aware of fans feelings, tho he would need to be stupid not to know already!

God Petrie
Petrie is irrelevant. Sell the club farmer.

SaulGoodman

If we didn't protest Petrie would still think everything was rosy.

Newhaven
10-05-2014, 01:33 PM
About time. The board need to understand the anger of the fans given the performances we've witnessed.

Pretty Boy
What was the reaction like at full time?

I left just at the start of injury time so didn't hear. Guessing not good.

Tbh whilst the protest isn't for me and I doubt it will achieve anything, I can understand people wanting to vent their frustrations.

The Green Goblin
Get Butcher out now..at least we might have a chance in play offs...he has destroyed us

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

He's just the latest in a long line, but there is one common denominator and imho the blame lies there. I also think Butcher should walk. Absolutely indefensible record. Who would have thought it?

hibee_girl
10-05-2014, 01:34 PM
What was the reaction like at full time?

I left just at the start of injury time so didn't hear. Guessing not good.

Tbh whilst the protest isn't for me and I doubt it will achieve anything, I can understand people wanting to vent their frustrations.

Boos but nothing that we've not heard the last few weeks.

Elephant Stone
We want Fenlon out, we want Fenlon out.

The Falcon
Petrie is irrelevant. Sell the club farmer.

Who to and how much do you think he should ask?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Were there chants of 'Butcher Out'?

Heard the Petrie one.

The Falcon
10-05-2014, 01:36 PM
We want Fenlon out, we want Fenlon out.

was the cry at the time that "we couldn't get any worse" ?

God Petrie
10-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Wealthy hibs supporters who care about the club. Probably around £5m. Farmer has killed this club. Instead of building a sustainable successful club he has built a sustainable failing club. Petrie is farmers employee not Hibs employee.

GreenLake
Headers cleared off the line in the first half and goal mouth scrambles in the second half plus a raker off the underside of the bar suggests today we were more than a little unlucky. Their great shot goes in.

We are definitely not good enough, but new signings are needed to change that.

God Petrie
Were there chants of 'Butcher Out'?

Heard the Petrie one.

Yes.

Cropley10

£2m. Same as Hearts

The Falcon
10-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Wealthy hibs supporters who care about the club. Probably around £5m. Farmer has killed this club. Instead of building a sustainable successful club he has built a sustainable failing club. Petrie is farmers employee not Hibs employee.

But not you?

Elephant Stone

The supporters have had their way virtually every single time, what is giving fans more power going to achieve?

Cropley10

All of the above

God Petrie
But not you?

I would buy Hibs tomorrow if I was wealthy enough. To suggest I don't care about the club is laughable.

Oscar T Grouch
10-05-2014, 01:40 PM
So where is the money coming from to sack butcher malpas and marsella? The player budget I'd guess. That'll put us in a great position next year. Cause it's gonna cost Hibs a hell of a lot to pay of those three contracts that's for sure.

But tbh I'm at a loss at to what to do, the management team obviously cannae inspire this bunch of players to win. But by all accounts there's about 9 players lined up to sign in the summer.

Thecat23
Same folk still having a go at people protesting. Guys any chance when your licking Petrie's jam roll you can tell him we're in bother! Thanks now bye.

Berwickhibby
My protest is simple, I am voting with my feet, I will not be renewing my season ticket or electronic Hibernian TV Xtra, I will not spend anymore money in the Club shop on replica kit.

I have emailed the board to express my reasons for doing this, I imagine I am not alone. Today we had an opportunity to escape the play offs against a poor Kilmarnock team, the manager insisted in playing this one dimensional long ball hoof, which Killie got to grips with after about 20 mins. We could still be playing now and still be a goal down. To put it simply, its just not good enough. :grr:

Coco Bryce
10-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Same folk still having a go at people protesting. Guys any chance when your licking Petrie's jam roll you can tell him we're in bother! Thanks now bye.

Spot on mate :agree:

It's cringeworthy.

The Green Goblin
But not you?

Why do you only ever question people who want change rather than admit that it's needed or at least consider how it might happen? Or do you think Hibs as a club are on the right path? Sorry, but we've been slowly dying for years. Today is just another more noticeable notch on that journey.

Hibercelona

:top marks

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2014, 01:43 PM

Spot on. :top marks

neil7908
What exactly are they hoping to achieve?Removal of management team? (11 days before 1st leg of play off....who will take the team and actually make a difference?)Removal of Petrie? (isnt that happening in 2 weeks anyway)With Butcher in charge I think our chances of beating Hamilton or whoever in the playoffs is about 0%. A decent new manager might still be struggling but I would still have more confidence in them than the current lot.

jacomo
So where is the money coming from to sack butcher malpas and marsella? The player budget I'd guess. That'll put us in a great position next year. Cause it's gonna cost Hibs a hell of a lot to pay of those three contracts that's for sure.

But tbh I'm at a loss at to what to do, the management team obviously cannae inspire this bunch of players to win. But by all accounts there's about 9 players lined up to sign in the summer.

If we go down the player budget will fall. Some targets might not fancy the Scottish 2nd tier. Of those 9 players we've 'lined up', we will probably have to reconsider on most of them if Hibs are relegated.

SaulGoodman
10-05-2014, 01:44 PM

There's no wealthy Hibs fans left.

We're all skint after paying to watch that ****

Oscar T Grouch
10-05-2014, 01:45 PM

Farmer has killed this club? Do you have a very short memory? Farmer really did save Hibs from being no more. It really was that close to being only the puddle drinkers playing football in Edinburgh. To suggest anything else is pure BS. We're at a low ebb and there has to be changes but never suggest the STF killed Hibs.

Johnny_Leith
10-05-2014, 01:45 PM

I've been hearing whispers that this is already in motion

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 01:46 PM
The supporters have had their way virtually every single time, what is giving fans more power going to achieve?

Maybe if the board stopped ****ing up everything. Stopped penny pinching (how dare I say that) and actually invest in the side to compete with the others we won't be here arguing.

Sorry before you come back and say the board DO that is *****. To many players have been lost because of ridiculous demands by the board. You pay for what you get in any aspect of life.

Third and fourth targets and journeymen have ruined this club. While we have balanced the books other teams seen an opportunity to push on. We didn't so deserve everything we get.

Hope Farmer and Petrie are happy. Both have got us here no one else.

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 01:46 PM
I notice that right on cue the usual suspects are back with their aggressive and condescending remarks

steakbake
10-05-2014, 01:47 PM

I think even despite protests, he probably still pats himself on the back that he's providing competent stewardship of a football business.

He has to go. Butcher needs time. Many of the players need to go - even our 3 full internationalists (apparently). Whether we go down or not, needs to totally rethink the product they're selling. We'll be haemorrhaging supporters and their goodwill and belief in the club until the times when there's even a modicum of a decent team on the pitch to support.

There has been nothing - absolutely nothing - for us to be proud of this year at all. Started with a 9-0 walloping and looks like it could very well end up in a half-arsed defeat to lower division opposition.

...despite all that, the most popular thread was laughing at the plight of the merricks, while our own club disintegrated before our eyes. Complacent, soft - just all in all, a complete embarrassment of a season.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 01:48 PM

Farmer has killed the club? I'd be killing myself laughing, if I didn't think you we're serious.

Yes, we are in a mess. Yes, we need to change things. But if we are going to gave a sensible discussion, please don't be so ungrateful to Farmer. Mercer tried to kill the club, Farmer saved it.

IberianHibernian
10-05-2014, 01:50 PM

But tbh I'm at a loss at to what to do, the management team obviously cannae inspire this bunch of players to win. But by all accounts there's about 9 players lined up to sign in the summer.If we`re relegated hopefully there`ll be a clause in contract and we won`t have to pay compensation and I doubt many if any of the 9 will want to play in lower league . If we aren`t relegated , some of the 9 may still have second thoughts after seeing job Butcher etc have done and rumours of player discontent and way that Clancy and Vine were pushed out mid contract . And the right appointment might boost ticket sales too . When Butcher arrived there was no rise in attendances and if he continues can`t see many seasons being sold .

Bishop Hibee
10-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Ask Liam Craig, Ryan McGivern, Michael Nelson and James Collins to politely do one from this once proud, famous football club. And that's just for starters.

These 4 players above are everything this wrong with this side.

Gutless, talentless and if there's been a less inspiring captain than Liam Craig then I'd love to ken who.

Agree totally with this. Disgrace to the green jersey.

Fair play to those protesting. I hope it puts the wind up Petrie and STF as to the anger and frustration the fans are feeling. I doubt it though.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-05-2014, 01:51 PM
I've been hearing whispers that this is already in motion

I heard a sniff of this from an older guy last week, a building supply company former owner who sold his business a few years ago to a very large plumbing and heating supply company, he got mega for it, might be a rumour but hey ho at least something's in the pipeline :wink:

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Maybe if the board stopped ****ing up everything. Stopped penny pinching (how dare I say that) and actually invest in the side to compete with the others we won't be here arguing.

Sorry before you come back and say the board DO that is *****. To many players have been lost because of ridiculous demands by the board. You pay for what you get in any aspect of life.

Third and fourth targets and journeymen have ruined this club. While we have balanced the books other teams seen an opportunity to push on. We didn't so deserve everything we get.

Hope Farmer and Petrie are happy. Both have got us here no one else.

If you pay for what you get then surely we'd have the third best team? Petrie has done what the fans wanted every time, everyone's an expert in retrospect and quick to forget that they once supported exactly what he's done, with the exception of Calderwood. The facts are we were 7th in the league under Petrie's man, the fans made him leave and our season collapsed in the most extreme way imaginable. What should Petrie have done differently there?

The Green Goblin
10-05-2014, 01:54 PM
If you pay for what you get then surely we'd have the third best team? Petrie has done what the fans wanted every time, everyone's an expert in retrospect and quick to forget that they once supported exactly what he's done, with the exception of Calderwood. The facts are we were 7th in the league under Petrie's man, the fans made him leave and our season collapsed in the most extreme way imaginable. What should Petrie have done differently there?

The fans "made [Fenlon] leave"?

Oscar T Grouch
10-05-2014, 01:56 PM
If we`re relegated hopefully there`ll be a clause in contract and we won`t have to pay compensation and I doubt many if any of the 9 will want to play in lower league . If we aren`t relegated , some of the 9 may still have second thoughts after seeing job Butcher etc have done and rumours of player discontent and way that Clancy and Vine were pushed out mid contract . And the right appointment might boost ticket sales too . When Butcher arrived there was no rise in attendances and if he continues can`t see many seasons being sold .

Let's hope there is such a clause, cause if not and we sack the three of them that's pretty much most of the playing budget up the swanny, no management team, no players lined up and nae money tae pay them anyways. Either that or hope butcher et al all quit not wanting any compo for the contracts they just signed. Like I said I don't know what to do for the best.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 01:57 PM

Yes. He said he wouldn't outstay his welcome and he stayed true to his word.

SaulGoodman
10-05-2014, 01:58 PM

Yes

Callum_62

Agree

Although, what went on with January's transfer window is anyone's guess - do we actually only want 3 loanees?

Thecat23

Many times do you need to be told this?

It's not the fans to choose is it? Farmer must come out and publicly say we are for sale. Not whisper it! He should be investing in us if not. He does have the money but doesn't care. Between you and the other couple on here I honestly wonder about the sanity of you's.

You still defend this shamble of a board. For me you are all wind up merchants or plain want us to fail. You have a go at fans who are wanting us to do better while you think it's all rosy because Rod shakes your hand and gives you a wee smile. It's pathetic.

I will take a ban for this but it's you lot are clowns. For defending this *****.

The Modfather

Petrie's job is not to make the popular decisions, but the right ones. Why bother with him and not just make decisions from a Hibs.net poll if we 're already effectively running the club.

Phil D. Rolls
I heard a consortium including, the Pope, the Gettys, the Queen, and Col. Sanders are putting together an attractive package to buy the club.

**** wrong film!

Ps LTYFs, collar the bloody lot of them.

Newhaven
10-05-2014, 01:59 PM

So you would be happy to keep Rod at the helm since he's doing a supposed good job?

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 01:59 PM

What?? No we have paid for monkeys and got monkeys. If we paid for good players we wouldn't be in this position.

The Pointer
10-05-2014, 02:00 PM
We've been putting up with this gash for so long and folk have the cheek to criticise demonstrators. As I said before, I thought this should have happened after the Malmo game but we're so bloody quiet, accepting and acquiescent. FFS I'm raging and the common denominator is Petrie and the owner who has saved the club and left it at that. Where are the other investors? I thought that was an owner's remit - bring in people of means to invest and improve the product. We've been sliding for years and now we've reached yet another nadir. Thank Christ I don't live in Edinburgh because I get it from all and sundry here in the west.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Petrie's job is not to make the popular decisions, but the right ones. Why bother with him and not just make decisions from a Hibs.net poll if we 're already effectively running the club.

I totally agree with you, what I'm saying is replacing him with fans is going to achieve little when in reality fans already call the shots.

Newhaven
10-05-2014, 02:01 PM

It's not the fans to choose is it? Farmer must come out and publicly say we are for sale. Not whisper it! He should be investing in us if not. He does have the money but doesn't care. Between you and the other couple on here I honestly wonder about the sanity of you's.

You still defend this shamble of a board. For me you are all wind up merchants or plain want us to fail. You have a go at fans who are wanting us to do better while you think it's all rosy because Rod shakes your hand and gives you a wee smile. It's pathetic.

I will take a ban for this but it's you lot are clowns. For defending this *****.

Well said that man. What will take you Petrie lovers to see the shambles were in?

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Farmer has killed the club? I'd be killing myself laughing, if I didn't think you we're serious.

Yes, we are in a mess. Yes, we need to change things. But if we are going to gave a sensible discussion, please don't be so ungrateful to Farmer. Mercer tried to kill the club, Farmer saved it.

Farmer has saved this club from a quick death, only to present it with a slow agonizing one.

The longer we stay out of the SPFL the harder it will be to get back up again. The fanbase will just continue to plummet each season that we fail to make the grade. But intead of digging into his pockets, he'll just keep cutting corners until there is nothing left to cut.

Will you still be pulling out the " so ungrateful" talk a few years down the line? I don't think so.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:03 PM
I totally agree with you, what I'm saying is replacing him with fans is going to achieve little when in reality fans already call the shots.

If you think the fans are running the show then surely Rod has failed badly?

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 02:03 PM
So you would be happy to keep Rod at the helm since he's doing a supposed good job?

I think it could be time for fresh ideas and I'm excited about what's going to happen under Dempster but I 100% don't blame Petrie for us being in the play-offs. He appointed a manager who was achieving steady improvement, backed him heavily within reasonable limits and the manager wasn't able to see out his plan. If anyone actually seriously believes that the managerial change hasn't put us where we are now I'd be astounded.

matty_f
10-05-2014, 02:05 PM
I notice that right on cue the usual suspects are back with their aggressive and condescending remarks

There is definitely an irony in your post. *as with mine, no doubt.

Scottie
10-05-2014, 02:05 PM
What?? No we have paid for monkeys and got monkeys. If we paid for good players we wouldn't be in this position.
If Hibs doubled your season ticket price they would have twice as much to spend on players. Would you still renew ?

Where is this money to pay these good players you talk about ? :wink:

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 02:06 PM
If you think the fans are running the show then surely Rod has failed badly?

I think he's been too receptive to popular opinion but I don't think it's been fatal. With the exception of Calderwood, and possibly Hughes, I think if any of his appointments had time to see their plan through we'd have been better off.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 02:06 PM
I think it could be time for fresh ideas and I'm excited about what's going to happen under Dempster but I 100% don't blame Petrie for us being in the play-offs. He appointed a manager who was achieving steady improvement, backed him heavily within reasonable limits and the manager wasn't able to see out his plan. If anyone actually seriously believes that the managerial change hasn't put us where we are now I'd be astounded.

Fresh ideas? But I thought the fans were in control?

Which one is it? :confused:

mcfly
10-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Our management is clueless.

2 centre backs who run in to each other.

Useless captain who has been a terrible signing

I can't see how we can win a playoff with that defence and that we cannot score.

snooky
10-05-2014, 02:07 PM

I say God bless the protesters and so should the Tache - because, Rod, the guys that are shouting still care.
Unlike myself, I just can't be @rsed to protest.
The apathy of the people who run our club has now filtered down to me.

reversep
10-05-2014, 02:08 PM
There were virtually no first team players cars parked in the main car park behind the main stand today. So a few hours before kick off while you and i were fully focused on supporting our team and roaring them to the vital 3 points we needed, these spineless waste of a jersey losers were thinking " hold on we,re likely to get beat today best get the missus to drop me off and sneak out another exit, would,nt want to be getting it in the neck from some fans outside".
Thats the thought process of these losers and i for one will be delighted when everyone of them is shipped out along with Farmer and Petrie.

Elephant Stone
Fresh ideas? But I thought the fans were in control?

Which one is it? :confused:

I said under Petrie the fans have called the shots and I'm excited about what's going to happen under Dempster.

Quite right. Once again ****ing humiliated and let down by that absolutely gutless pathetic bunch.

mcfly
10-05-2014, 02:09 PM
If Hibs doubled your season ticket price they would have twice as much to spend on players. Would you still renew ?

EH??

Years and years of little or no investment in the team has caught up with us.

Added to that a long line of useless managers.

We are a joke of a football club at the moment

Viva_Palmeiras
10-05-2014, 02:11 PM
I heard a consortium including, the Pope, the Gettys, the Queen, and Col. Sanders are putting together an attractive package to buy the club.

**** wrong film!

Ps LTYFs, collar the bloody lot of them.

That's a bit offside - You're forgetting those pesky Rothschilds ;)

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 02:11 PM
I was as happy as any Hibs fan when Farmer saved us. This was nearly 25 years ago, i no longer feel the need to kiss his arse while under his ownership we struggle year after year after year after.............

Sell it or give it away, i don't care anymore. If you have the community at heart now as you did when you bought the club, then let someone else do the job. And take Rod Petrie with you, let this club live not die a slow death like it in doing under your ownership.

Pray4Marc
10-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Mike Reilys smugness outside the stand really pissed me off. Was telling a woman (who cares for disabled people) to shut it etc another prick who takes a wage (hefty one at that) and doesn't care about the club.

Thecat23

Hibs average gate is still a good few thousand more than Motherwell, St. Johnston, ICT, even Dundee Utd at times. Yet we can't compete with them when getting players. Instead we go for journeymen it's embarrassing. If we have no money then sell the ****ing club then. Stop strangling the life out it, we are slowly dying and folk cannot see this for same reason.

Scottie
EH??

Years and years of little or no investment in the team has caught up with us.

Added to that a long line of useless managers.

We are a joke of a football club at the moment

:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
There were virtually no first team players cars parked in the main car park behind the main stand today. So a few hours before kick off while you and i were fully focused on supporting our team and roaring them to the vital 3 points we needed, these spineless waste of a jersey losers were thinking " hold on we,re likely to get beat today best get the missus to drop me off and sneak out another exit, would,nt want to be getting it in the neck from some fans outside".
Thats the thought process of these losers and i for one will be delighted when everyone of them is shipped out along with Farmer and Petrie.

And the Warped theory of the season goes to an anagram of persevere.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 02:14 PM
We've been putting up with this gash for so long and folk have the cheek to criticise demonstrators. As I said before, I thought this should have happened after the Malmo game but we're so bloody quiet, accepting and acquiescent. FFS I'm raging and the common denominator is Petrie and the owner who has saved the club and left it at that. Where are the other investors? I thought that was an owner's remit - bring in people of means to invest and improve the product. We've been sliding for years and now we've reached yet another nadir. Thank Christ I don't live in Edinburgh because I get it from all and sundry here in the west.

Pity you weren't a member when we played Malmo. You might have been able to say something.

Farmer has saved this club from a quick death, only to present it with a slow agonizing one.

The longer we stay out of the SPFL the harder it will be to get back up again. The fanbase will just continue to plummet each season that we fail to make the grade. But intead of digging into his pockets, he'll just keep cutting corners until there is nothing left to cut.

Will you still be pulling out the " so ungrateful" talk a few years down the line? I don't think so.

You're really enjoying this aren't you?

A slow agonising death over 24 years. One that included two league cups, a league cup runners up, and three Scottish Cup runners up. Why not go out in Dunfermline, tonight and explain what the slow agonising death of a football club is like.

You might ask someone to explain what the word "perspective" means, as well. Then when you've got a hold on that, you might make more balanced realistic contributions to the debate.

Because the club will get nowhere as long as people make stupid, unbalanced, comments like you just have. In fact, with that kind of thinking we could be decades getting it back.

J-C
10-05-2014, 02:15 PM

Stop buying 8 crap players and go out and get 4 good ones, money will work out the same, 8 at £1K or 4 at £2k

Sudds_1
I was as happy as any Hibs fan when Farmer saved us. This was nearly 25 years ago, i no longer feel the need to kiss his arse while under his ownership we struggle year after year after year after.............

Sell it or give it away, i don't care anymore. If you have the community at heart now as you did when you bought the club, then let someone else do the job. And take Rod Petrie with you, let this club live not die a slow death like it in doing under your ownership.

What he said.........................

The Green Goblin
And the Warped theory of the season goes to an anagram of persevere.

Persever (there's an 'e' missing)

It is however, an anagram of "perverse".

Not sure what any of that means.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Mike Reilys smugness outside the stand really pissed me off. Was telling a woman (who cares for disabled people) to shut it etc another prick who takes a wage (hefty one at that) and doesn't care about the club.

The filthy *******, I'll ****ing well do time.

Who is he by the way.

Diclonius
10-05-2014, 02:18 PM
backed him heavily within reasonable limits

Like offering a loan for a player whilst a team with the same amount of money as us offered a permanent transfer. Said player scoring more goals in one half of the season than any of our strike force did the whole season.

10-05-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm glad the fans are taking action. Much rather that than just sitting back and accepting this utter dross. The fans care about the club and are sick of this garbage.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Like offering a loan for a player whilst a team with the same amount of money as us offered a permanent transfer. Said player scoring more goals in one half of the season than any of our strike force did the whole season.

I think that was the managers decision, not the chairmans.

Scottie
10-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Hibs average gate is still a good few thousand more than Motherwell, St. Johnston, ICT, even Dundee Utd at times. Yet we can't compete with them when getting players. Instead we go for journeymen it's embarrassing. If we have no money then sell the ****ing club then. Stop strangling the life out it, we are slowly dying and folk cannot see this for same reason.

The problem is who is going to buy a going concern that under achieves every year?

I agree the life is being sucked out of the club but as ordinary guys in the street we can't do a thing about it other than buy season tickets and merchandise or walk away and forget about the club.

As supporters we usually do the first one but it's getting to a point now that die in the wool Hibees are walking away and will never be back now. You can't repair that sort of damage.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm glad the fans are taking action. Much rather that than just sitting back and accepting this utter dross. The fans care about the club and are sick of this garbage.

The fans should buy the club then. It's a no brainer - thankfully.

jacomo
10-05-2014, 02:21 PM

I am not sure a sale of Hibs would take place in public. There must be at best a handful of potential buyers who would fit the bill - Hibs fans with enough money to buy the club and see through a long term strategy. I would have thought Petrie and Farmer would already know who they are... Unless there is some rich fan out there who wants to buy the club but never interacts with the Board and is somehow unaware that we are in trouble?

Carheenlea

Won't cost us a dime if they were tI do the honourable thing and fall on their swords. They have failed the club and have shown no signs that they have what it takes to move us forward next season.

Hibercelona
Pity you weren't a member when we played Malmo. You might have been able to say something.

You're really enjoying this aren't you?

A slow agonising death over 24 years. One that included two league cups, a league cup runners up, and three Scottish Cup runners up. Why not go out in Dunfermline, tonight and explain what the slow agonising death of a football club is like.

You might ask someone to explain what the word "perspective" means, as well. Then when you've got a hold on that, you might make more balanced realistic contributions to the debate.

Because the club will get nowhere as long as people make stupid, unbalanced, comments like you just have. In fact, with that kind of thinking we could be decades getting it back.

Thats right. The club isn't getting anywhere because of fans comments on Hibs.net. :hilarious

For all my "stupid, unbalanced comments", i've been far from inaccurate up to this point wouldn't you say?

But you keep living in the land of delusion. You might just pass for a yam one of these days. :aok:

Diclonius

If the manager came out publicly and said his chairman would not sanction a permanent move for one of his targets, he would have hell to pay.

Pray4Marc
10-05-2014, 02:22 PM
The filthy *******, I'll ****ing well do time.

Who is he by the way.

Chairman of the hibs supporters club, not 100% sure if he is still "the boss". But the fact people don't even no who he is speaks volume. Old ******* no doubt got the role thro nepotism

jacomo

He's certainly taking responsibility for it.

SlickShoes
Filled Trolls

Onion
Where do you start protesting about Hibs? There's just so much material to go at. The club has been seriously mismanaged from top to bottom.

Where is our owner ? In hiding.
Where is Petrie ? In hiding.
Who are these faceless, no-marks who run our club - show yourselves and explain to Hibs fans why we are going through this !! Butcher must take a huge amount of responsibility for where we are, but he's not the guy who pout the club here. We've been heading towards this point for YEARS.

Onion
10-05-2014, 02:23 PM
If the manager came out publicly and said his chairman would not sanction a permanent move for one of his targets, he would have hell to pay.

That's as good as resigning. P45 time.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Thats right. The club isn't getting anywhere because of fans comments on Hibs.net. :hilarious

For all my "stupid, unbalanced comments", i've been far from inaccurate up to this point wouldn't you say?

But you keep living in the land of delusion. You might just pass for a yam one of these days. :aok:

You are inaccurate to describe the lady 25 years as being a slow death.

When talking about the fans I'm looking to the future. If your comments are at all representative, we are screwed.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:26 PM
The problem is who is going to buy a going concern that under achieves every year?

I agree the life is being sucked out of the club but as ordinary guys in the street we can't do a thing about it other than buy season tickets and merchandise or walk away and forget about the club.

As supporters we usually do the first one but it's getting to a point now that die in the wool Hibees are walking away and will never be back now. You can't repair that sort of damage.

We are only underachieving because lack of ambition. A board who have a real vision one prepared to take the odd risk on a player like Rooney instead of thinking no he's to dear.

Folk must remember outside the old firm we are the best club to potentially move forward as everything is in place. We are more attractive than Hearts, Utd, so there would be someone I have no doubt in my mind about that.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 02:26 PM

This was in January, our squad is huge, if he wasn't able to sanction a permanent signing unless players left then that's not unreasonable.

j'adore hibs
10-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Won't cost us a dime if they were tI do the honourable thing and fall on their swords. They have failed the club and have shown no signs that they have what it takes to move us forward next season.

couldnt agree more, id walk if i was them, embarrassing......

the ever revolving line ups, the substitutions , the tactics? not for me

i mean how does heffernen suddenly appear today out the blue? jones for robertson?? mgivern hoof ?

im deflated, angry and really wondering why i renewed my season

i guarantee we will not win play off with butcher/malpas in charge

SteveHFC
10-05-2014, 02:30 PM

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 02:31 PM
You are inaccurate to describe the lady 25 years as being a slow death.

When talking about the fans I'm looking to the future. If your comments are at all representative, we are screwed.

Fans who are realistic and don't delude themselves over and over again?

Yep, who would want fans like that at their club. It's better to just pretend that there aren't any problems, because thats how problems get solved right enough. By pretending that they're not there.

You and your chums have been masters of that on here.

Hibeesforever
10-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Watching from the Lower West I could not believe that players were applauding being losers at the end. Definitely weak mentalities. Sir Tom Farmer has built a fantastic stadium but really what is the point when his beloved community is served embarrassment on the pitch.
All efforts should be made to get new investment into the club. There is an urgent need for a club leader that is a real football person that can galvanise the support to believe that Hibs are there to win football matches again.
Those protesting should continue. Apathy is for losers.

Betty Boop
10-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Chairman of the hibs supporters club, not 100% sure if he is still "the boss". But the fact people don't even no who he is speaks volume. Old ******* no doubt got the role thro nepotism

Nah he was elected.

GodisaHibee
10-05-2014, 02:33 PM

THIS is exactly one of the things wrong at Hibs. Supposed supporters dissing others for expressing their opinion from behind a keyboard. Total Apathy.

Well done, were you even at the game? Petrie and the likes of you; do one.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:35 PM
THIS is exactly one of the things wrong at Hibs. Supposed supporters dissing others for expressing their opinion from behind a keyboard. Total Apathy.

Well said.

ALF TUPPER
10-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Well. That hurt.
But, I'll be at the playoffs and I'll be there next season,

👍

GGTTHibees
10-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Was there. Atleast 100

The Falcon
10-05-2014, 02:38 PM

I am only asking how change is going to be achieved. Cant see any other way than selling to be honest and am only asking if anybody knows who will buy.

I am not defending anybody, only asking how its going to be done.

emerald green
10-05-2014, 02:39 PM

Hibs fans must be about the most placid and tolerant supporters going. Other clubs fans would be going ape-s*** by now. The people protesting have every right to do so. It's their club after all. Yet some people on here criticise them. So, what should these guys do? Not protest? Kid on everything is just fine? Jeez. And before anyone comes on and says "what do they hope to achieve?", I don't give a s***. Good on them. I felt like doing the same but I've almost reached the stage that I don't care anymore.

WestEndHibee
10-05-2014, 02:40 PM

calm down dear, all he did was ask what they were trying to achieve. This board is getting a bit poisonous.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 02:40 PM

I was at the game and I'm expressing my opinion through a keyboard as well, just the same as you. Folk with different opinions than you not aloud to do that?

emerald green
10-05-2014, 02:41 PM
My protest is simple, I am voting with my feet, I will not be renewing my season ticket or electronic Hibernian TV Xtra, I will not spend anymore money in the Club shop on replica kit.

I have emailed the board to express my reasons for doing this, I imagine I am not alone. Today we had an opportunity to escape the play offs against a poor Kilmarnock team, the manager insisted in playing this one dimensional long ball hoof, which Killie got to grips with after about 20 mins. We could still be playing now and still be a goal down. To put it simply, its just not good enough. :grr:

This. :agree:

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:42 PM
I am only asking how change is going to be achieved. Cant see any other way than selling to be honest and am only asking if anybody knows who will buy.

I am not defending anybody, only asking how its going to be done.

You have asked this before though. If you were being genuine then I apologize for being snappy. But I don't believe for one min Hibs wouldn't be an attractive prospect for a consortium or someone else.

Farmer saved us but by not investing he's strangling the life from us. Why does he want to keep us if he won't invest??

He must sell or it's going to get worse.

GodisaHibee
10-05-2014, 02:42 PM
I was at the game and I'm expressing my opinion through a keyboard as well, just the same as you. Folk with different opinions than you not aloud to do that?

So your answer is to sit on your behind, do nothing when it's clear to everyone something is fundamentally wrong at the club? Then, stick the boot into those that care enough to try and do something, anything?

Again, apathy is our enemy.

Alfred E Newman
10-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Unless these demos involve huge numbers they achieve little other than heap more ridicule on the rest of the long suffering support.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Unless these demos involve huge numbers they achieve little other than heap more ridicule on the rest of the long suffering support.

Utter bull****.

They attract the media, the pressure is firmly on the board now.

GodisaHibee
10-05-2014, 02:45 PM
calm down dear, all he did was ask what they were trying to achieve. This board is getting a bit poisonous.

That's answered everything. Great post.

GodisaHibee
10-05-2014, 02:46 PM

Rubbish, the Sky camera was there and numerous other press photographers.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 02:47 PM

Then why aren't the rest of these long suffering supporters adding to those numbers? Then they'll be no fans left doing nothing to be ridiculed about.

blackpoolhibs
Unless there is protests then nothing will change, my worry is that folk just can't be arsed to protest these days. It seems folk would rather just walk away (i have) rather than protest like they did in the old days before social media?

I suppose it could also be apathy, when you are told nothing can change because STF thinks everything is rosy, then what is the point in protesting, he does not listen anyway?

Phil D. Rolls
Chairman of the hibs supporters club, not 100% sure if he is still "the boss". But the fact people don't even no who he is speaks vVolume. Old ******* no doubt got the role thro nepotism

I think we are entering Hell, when someone that no one knows is getting the treatment on here.

You seem to think nepotism was involved. Is he related to somebody at the club?

10-05-2014, 02:48 PM

It may be a futile gesture, but the fans have absolutely every right to make there feelings shown. Year after year we are subjected to utter rubbish, we are the biggest under achievers in Scotland by a country mile. Many managers have come and gone and nothing has changed - they cant all be wrong. The problem lies higher.

Put the prawn sandwich down Petrie and take some ****ing action and give us answers as to why you have let this continue!

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 02:50 PM
So your answer is to sit on your behind, do nothing when it's clear to everyone something is fundamentally wrong at the club? Then, stick the boot into those that care enough to try and do something, anything?

Nah, my answer is to support the team and support managers when they're deserving of support, not to undermine them. People who think protests might be harmful have a different opinion than you but they're as entitled to it as you are yours. Going to protests does not make you a better fan than anyone else and it doesn't entitle you to decide who gets to speak. Most importantly, these people who are wary about protests might actually have some merit in what they're saying given how the protest in November affected our season.

leggeto
10-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Don't blame the protestors for being there as long as its peaceful

Kaiser1962
10-05-2014, 02:51 PM

See what you did there?

It appears to me that everybody is dissing everybody who doesent agree with them.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Nah, my answer is to support the team and support managers when they're deserving of support, not to undermine them. People who think protests might be harmful have a different opinion than you but they're as entitled to it as you are yours. Going to protests does not make you a better fan than anyone else and it doesn't entitle you to decide who gets to speak. Most importantly, these people who are wary about protests might actually have some merit in what they're saying given how the protest in November affected our season.

In what way is a protest harmful? The situation we are in is rock bottom. A protest cannot possibly make things worse?!

anon1875
should of stuck with pat fenlon.

Phil D. Rolls

I realise there are people that care. I would be surprised if they are bright enough, or rich enough to do anything about it.

So, I'd rather do nothing than listen to a bunch of attention seekers, that are as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

Rubbish, the Sky camera was there and numerous other press photographers.

Numerous....sounds like this could be quite a story.

Any speccy *******s waving season tickets? That always works, tug at the sympathy vote by putting some of our less fortunate fans to the fore.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 02:55 PM
should of stuck with pat fenlon.

Should of never stole that poppy money either. :agree:

churchie16
Was standing watching the protest and can't agree more with the things that were get sung and shouted the decisions butcher made today was unreal like we were the ones who didn't have to win. After all these managers you would hope theres one that changes the fortune but the one main person who should get the bullet and its pietrie get to before you ruin us even more!

skankomcphee

How many people fall into that category though and how many of them would be interested in putting money into the club? And I'm not talking about someone who has enough cash to, say, own a couple of pubs - we're talking about seriously deep pockets.

Crab apple

I think it's the timing of the managerial change that Petrie got wrong. Fenlon should have been fired after the cup final against the ****.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 02:56 PM
In what way is a protest harmful? The situation we are in is rock bottom. A protest cannot possibly make things worse?!

They're worried that Rod Petries feelings might get a little hurt.

Pete
10-05-2014, 02:56 PM

As long as they aren't abusing the players I would agree.

That would be counterproductive.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 02:57 PM

Fans protested in Novermber and within days our manager resigned. Do you not think think that resignation harmed our season?

madhatter
10-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Staying positive isn't going to cut it anymore. Neither is denial or putting on a brave face. Good on those that stayed behind - I will not criticise this no matter how few the numbers were. As I've always thought, loyalty is earned through a relationship of trust. This club (board) have shattered this relationship of trust by taking advantage of the previous loyalty we held and providing us in return with dross. This was coming 2 years ago, and nothing was done. This was coming after a 3-0 loss in the SC where Fenlon essentially said "at least we've improved", this was coming after a drubbing in the Europa League. Throughout all of this, nothing had changed. We had the opportunity to buy in quality in the summer and instead we got players over the hill or are just out of nappies.

The club should stop rallying calls and put up a message on the website saying "We're sorry, we've failed you again. We won't do this anymore. We can guarantee change is in the offing, if you aren't back until next season, have a great summer, if you are able to make the play-offs then we can not thank you enough - tickets will remain £15 and £5.". They won't though, we'll get the usual birthday card ****. "Your club needs you, blah blah blah". I want to see "WE WILL NOT FAIL YOU ANYMORE" before I return.

I do still care 100% but I cannot go through this anymore. Time and money wasted. It's not as if we wipe our backsides with cash is it?

Petrie, board, owner and club - please stop taking the ****.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 02:59 PM
They're worried that Rod Petries feelings might get a little hurt.

I know that's tongue in cheek mate but that's how it looks.

How anyone can defend him still I honestly don't know. He's doing so much harm yet they have digs at folk who see the bigger picture and know something must be done.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 02:59 PM
I think it's the timing of the managerial change that Petrie got wrong. Fenlon should have been fired after the cup final against the ****.

He didn't make the change though did he? He stuck by him and it appears to have been the right thing to do, given that we were 5 points off Aberdeen and had the best defence in the league outside Celtic. Seems like a world apart from where we are now.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 03:00 PM
How many people fall into that category though and how many of them would be interested in putting money into the club? And I'm not talking about someone who has enough cash to, say, own a couple of pubs - we're talking about seriously deep pockets.

Has to be hundreds, there's a bloke in the pub says his mate is willing to buy them. He made his fortune selling Heroin, and wants a place to launder money, er, repair the damage his evil trade caused.

Seriously, anybody thinking about investing in Hibs, needs to look in here. They will see a snapshot if the terminal inadequates, and clinically depressed, that think they have all the answers.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Fans protested in Novermber and within days our manager resigned. Do you not think think that resignation harmed our season?

Fenlon was leaving before the protest so made no odds. He himself said he was the problem and took Hibs as far as he could. The fans were right to get him out. Hindsight TB wasn't a good appointment but we still needed PF out.

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
I know that's tongue in cheek mate but that's how it looks.

How anyone can defend him still I honestly don't know. He's doing so much harm yet they have digs at folk who see the bigger picture and know something must be done.

His time is up, but a realistic appraisal of our fortunes over the years is needed as well.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 03:02 PM

Harmed our season maybe, harmed our club - no. Fenlon was an abject failure. Were you at the SC Finals, the semi against Falkirk, the Europa League match (Malmo)? Griffiths got us to the finals, we were in bottom 6 both years. Griffiths saved us against Falkirk, Griffiths wasn't here for Malmo games and surprise, surprise we got cuffed...

He should have been sacked after 5-1 loss to Hearts in my opinion. I can't think of another manager that got to oversee a few of the biggest defeats in a clubs history and still kept his job.

Glad he resigned, at least showed that he was a decent man.

GodisaHibee
10-05-2014, 03:02 PM

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 03:03 PM
His time is up, but a realistic appraisal of our fortunes over the years is needed as well.

I agree with that.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Has to be hundreds, there's a bloke in the pub says his mate is willing to buy them. He made his fortune selling Heroin, and wants a place to launder money, er, repair the damage his evil trade caused.

Seriously, anybody thinking about investing in Hibs, needs to look in here. They will see a snapshot if the terminal inadequates, and clinically depressed, that think they have all the answers.

Anybody who takes over a club the size of Hibs and has them getting into the top 6 over the plumbers such as Kilmarnock and Ross County won't have too many "clinically depressed" people to deal with.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Harmed our season maybe, harmed our club - no. Fenlon was an abject failure. Were you at the SC Finals, the semi against Falkirk, the Europa League match (Malmo)? Griffiths got us to the finals, we were in bottom 6 both years. Griffiths saved us against Falkirk, Griffiths wasn't here for Malmo games and surprise, surprise we got cuffed...

He should have been sacked after 5-1 loss to Hearts in my opinion. I can't think of another manager that got to oversee a few of the biggest defeats in a clubs history and still kept his job.

Glad he resigned, at least showed that he was a decent man.

Taking a team winning 25% of its games to a team winning 35% of its games is not failure.

Taking a team to having the best defence in its league with the exception of Celtic is not failure.

Getting to consecutive Scottish Cup finals with a team in the process of rebuilding is not failure.

When you've got a team punching about its weight it's liable to get a heavy defeat, not being able to win the Scottish Cup within 2 years of taking over from Calderwood is not failure.

The Falcon
10-05-2014, 03:06 PM
You have asked this before though. If you were being genuine then I apologize for being snappy. But I don't believe for one min Hibs wouldn't be an attractive prospect for a consortium or someone else.

Farmer saved us but by not investing he's strangling the life from us. Why does he want to keep us if he won't invest??

He must sell or it's going to get worse.

I don't believe you can invest in Scottish football and expect any sort of financial return and I dont think we are an attractive prospect at all if we were where there should be folk circling, there may be but if there are no one appears to be aware of it. Other than Fergus McCann I cant think of anybody who has done this. As I have also said before that if someone steps forward and makes himself/ herself known then they will have my full support.

FWIW I am told we are more likely than not to be in some form of trusteeship pretty soon so if anybody does want to buy now would be a good time to stick their head above the parapet.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 03:06 PM

I agree with that.

So do I. My appraisal for him will certainly be realistic and based on our fortunes over the years. :aok:

Hibrandenburg
10-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Unless there is protests then nothing will change, my worry is that folk just can't be arsed to protest these days. It seems folk would rather just walk away (i have) rather than protest like they did in the old days before social media?

I suppose it could also be apathy, when you are told nothing can change because STF thinks everything is rosy, then what is the point in protesting, he does not listen anyway?

Ok BH, this is not a dig but a serious question, we all know what the protesters are protesting against but what are they protesting for?

Farmer out? Who replaces him?

Petrie out? His bags already packed so what's the point?

Sack the manager? We've been there and it hasn't helped, on the contrary it's got us where we are now. Who's gonna replace Butcher and how long do we give him? (I'm particularly interested in your opinion to this one)

I get it that fans are furious, apathetic and want to let off steam, of course I do I'm one of them. I just don't see the point in trashing plan A when there's no plan B or have I missed your plan B?

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Taking a team winning 25% of its games to a team winning 35% of its games is not failure.

Taking a team to having the best defence in its league with the exception of Celtic is not failure.

Getting to consecutive Scottish Cup finals with a team in the process of rebuilding is not failure.

When you've got a team punching about its weight it's liable to get a heavy defeat, not being able to win the Scottish Cup within 2 years of taking over from Calderwood is not failure.This, good post

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Ok BH, this is not a dig but a serious question, we all know what the protesters are protesting against but what are they protesting for?

Sack the manager? We've been there and it hasn't helped, on the contrary it's got us where we are now. Who's gonna replace Butcher and how long do we give him? (I'm particularly interested in your opinion to this one)

I get it that fans are furious, apathetic and want to let off steam, of course I do I'm one of them. I just don't see the point in trashing plan A when there's no plan B or have I missed your plan B?

It's not the fans job to have a plan B though, is it?

If all we have is a plan A, then thats down to the board, not the fans.

Thecat23
I don't believe you can invest in Scottish football and expect any sort of financial return and I font think we are an attractive prospect at all if we were where there should be folk circling, there may be but if there are no one appears to be aware of it. Other than Fergus McCann I cant think of anybody who has done this. As I have also said before that if someone steps forward and makes himself/ herself known then they will have my full support.

FWIW I am told we are more likely than not to be in some form of trusteeship pretty soon so if anybody does want to buy now would be a good time to stick their head above the parapet.

What I don't get is why doesn't he publicly put is up. You can't deny he's not exactly coming out saying "Yes Hibs are for sale" if I want my house sold I don't just tell a neighbour I put it on the market and there is a sign in my garden. Just wish he would leave and sell us on.

I'll be forever grateful to the man but he's now in danger of taking us backwards and leaving us in a hell of a mess.

J-C
Every year/18 months or so we bring in a new manager, they put a list of players wanted to Petrie, who then hums and haws about wages etc. These players reject us due to piss poor wage offers, we then end up with 4th choices who are ****ing rank, all stems from the top.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM

When you've got a team punching about its weight it's liable to get a heavy defeat, not being able to win the Scottish Cup within 2 years of taking over from Calderwood is not failure.

Answer to each of the above:

Taking a team winning 25% of its games to a team winning 35% of its games is not failure. - Griffiths
Taking a team to having the best defence in its league with the exception of Celtic is not failure. - 10 men behind ball and boot up to Griffiths
Getting to consecutive Scottish Cup finals with a team in the process of rebuilding is not failure. - Griffiths
When you've got a team punching about its weight it's liable to get a heavy defeat, not being able to win the Scottish Cup within 2 years of taking over from Calderwood is not failure. - Guess what? Griffiths...

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 03:15 PM

Taking a team winning 25% of its games to a team winning 35% of its games is not failure. - Griffiths
Taking a team to having the best defence in its league with the exception of Celtic is not failure. - 10 men behind ball and boot up to Griffiths
Getting to consecutive Scottish Cup finals with a team in the process of rebuilding is not failure. - Griffiths
When you've got a team punching about its weight it's liable to get a heavy defeat, not being able to win the Scottish Cup within 2 years of taking over from Calderwood is not failure. - Guess what? Griffiths...

Leigh Griffiths disagrees.

http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1829465.ece/alternates/s615/15845523_13-04-13-WILLIAM-HILL-SCOTTISH-CUP-SEMI-FINAL-HIBERNIAN-v-FALKIRK-HAMPDEN-GLASGOW-Hiberni.jpg

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leigh-griffiths-delighted-things-are-looking-up-for-pat-fenlon-1-3137431

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/pat-fenlon-a-father-figure-to-leigh-griffiths-1-3170220

Crab apple
10-05-2014, 03:16 PM
He didn't make the change though did he? He stuck by him and it appears to have been the right thing to do, given that we were 5 points off Aberdeen and had the best defence in the league outside Celtic. Seems like a world apart from where we are now.

That's the point though. Petrie made a bad call in not getting rid sooner. Instead he leaves it till halfway through the season. I can't make up my mind whether you're defending Petrie or Fenlon. All this revisionist nonsense that we were going somewhere under Fenlon needs to be put to bed. I was out in Portugal against Forest and even that early it was obvious we were a poor team, filled with defensive midfielders, no pace and no creativity. Butcher has made us worse but he has inherited Fenlon's team. Petrie made the wrong call and at the wrong time.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 03:16 PM

Protests are because as we can all see the club is on its arse. Protests have a habit of smoking people out who might want to take over clubs if they can perhaps get their hands on the club.

Its not only protests, when clubs are in trouble they ALWAYS seen to find someone who's willing to take over the ailing club.

We are an ailing club, protest or not SOMEONE will come out and take over, but the people in charge ie STF and Petrie must want to sell/give away give up the club.

I'm not convinced they do.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 03:17 PM

http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1829465.ece/alternates/s615/15845523_13-04-13-WILLIAM-HILL-SCOTTISH-CUP-SEMI-FINAL-HIBERNIAN-v-FALKIRK-HAMPDEN-GLASGOW-Hiberni.jpg

Did Fenlon score the worldy in the semi or something? Griffiths was showing compassion and support for someone who acted as a Father-figure. If Fenlon was so good and did so well with us - why has he disappeared off the planet then? What's he up to now?

mcfly
10-05-2014, 03:17 PM

Agree I can't be bothered protesting.

The only way to protest is not to renew tickets.

This board have raked in millions, yes we have a lovely stadium and training ground but a rubbish team and I will also say a poor manager.

1 win in 19 is a disgrace and this must be the worst set of results in any hibs manager in history.

However this board better not charge season ticket holders for the play off game....if they do then it's nothing short of a disgrace as I don't want to give rod Petrie anymore money this season.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 03:18 PM
That's the point though. Petrie made a bad call in not getting rid sooner. Instead he leaves it till halfway through the season. I can't make up my mind whether you're defending Petrie or Fenlon. All this revisionist nonsense that we were going somewhere under Fenlon needs to be put to bed. I was out in Portugal against Forest and even that early it was obvious we were a poor team, filled with defensive midfielders, no pace and no creativity. Butcher has made us worse but he has inherited Fenlon's team. Petrie made the wrong call and at the wrong time.

Revisionist nonsense? I've stated absolute facts.

wearethehibs
10-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Ha the guys been away for months now and still people are on here slating Fenlon. Get over it, youse know we wouldn't be in this position under him! Left us in 5th and a knee jerk reaction after a derby defeat got him sacked imo. We're going nowhere when we keep sacking managers.

The Falcon
10-05-2014, 03:21 PM
What I don't get is why doesn't he publicly put is up. You can't deny he's not exactly coming out saying "Yes Hibs are for sale" if I want my house sold I don't just tell a neighbour I put it on the market and there is a sign in my garden. Just wish he would leave and sell us on.

I'll be forever grateful to the man but he's now in danger of taking us backwards and leaving us in a hell of a mess.

Only reason I can think off is there is zero chance he will recover his costs and rather than pass it on (at a loss) to someone who might end up having to sell assets to counter some unaffordable spending, he will take the whole hit himself and pass it on to a committee to oversee.

Therefore appointing trustees would seem (to him) the best way of ensuring continued existence which was his stated goal. Just a thought.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Did Fenlon score the worldy in the semi or something? Griffiths was showing compassion and support for someone who acted as a Father-figure. If Fenlon was so good and did so well with us - why has he disappeared off the planet then? What's he up to now?

I’m happy for Pat. If you lose 7-0 at home, it’s always going to be hard to take, but I knew he would turn it round because he’s a good manager. He’s also a good guy and the fans just need to give him a little bit more time because he’s brought a lot of new faces in over the summer. Hopefully they can get a run going now.”

Griffiths knows Hibs shouldn’t be losing 7-0 at home to anyone, but he’s glad Fenlon didn’t pay with his job. “Pat’s generally improved the team since he came and he’s had them in a couple of cup finals,” he said. “If you lose 7-0 at home any manager’s going to take a bit of flak, but people forget that Malmo were half-way through their season and Hibs had barely finished their pre-season. Hibs had about four teenagers playing and had brought in a lot of new faces, so there was always a danger something like that could happen.

“I’ve said it before that Pat has been massive for developing my career. He helped me settle down and got me concentrating on football again. People say Pat’s a negative manager, but I never found that. The way he set his team up last season didn’t exactly do me or Eoin Doyle any harm.”

madhatter
10-05-2014, 03:23 PM

Well, also look at goals scored by Griffiths in Fenlons tenure then. Also look at the quality of play and how the goals were normally scored under Fenlon. I recall many long balls to Griffiths. Fenlon knew the whole team (he assembled by the way) was rank rotten, he pretty much played Griffiths in the 2nd SC final whilst he was carrying an injury due to this fact. Don't state "absolute facts" without stating all the facts. Weakens your argument completely.

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2014, 03:25 PM

When you've got a team punching about its weight it's liable to get a heavy defeat, not being able to win the Scottish Cup within 2 years of taking over from Calderwood is not failure. - Guess what? Griffiths...Our striker was scoring goals for us, no way...

Fenlon resigned Griffiths and got him playing better than he ever did.

GreenCastle
10-05-2014, 03:26 PM
When walking around past the West on way back seemed like a good few hundred protesting - seemed a reasonable amount chanting Petrie GTF.

Are people still there and how long did they stay? More interaction with players etc when they came out ?

madhatter
10-05-2014, 03:28 PM
I’m happy for Pat. If you lose 7-0 at home, it’s always going to be hard to take, but I knew he would turn it round because he’s a good manager. He’s also a good guy and the fans just need to give him a little bit more time because he’s brought a lot of new faces in over the summer. Hopefully they can get a run going now.”

Griffiths knows Hibs shouldn’t be losing 7-0 at home to anyone, but he’s glad Fenlon didn’t pay with his job. “Pat’s generally improved the team since he came and he’s had them in a couple of cup finals,” he said. “If you lose 7-0 at home any manager’s going to take a bit of flak, but people forget that Malmo were half-way through their season and Hibs had barely finished their pre-season. Hibs had about four teenagers playing and had brought in a lot of new faces, so there was always a danger something like that could happen.

“I’ve said it before that Pat has been massive for developing my career. He helped me settle down and got me concentrating on football again. People say Pat’s a negative manager, but I never found that. The way he set his team up last season didn’t exactly do me or Eoin Doyle any harm.”

All I'm seeing is Griffiths saying Fenlon was good for me, for my career and brought in new faces before the Malmo game...ok lets examine these new faces - Liam Craig (been garbage all year pretty much), Nelson (garbage), Vine (best not to mention really), Mullen (you kidding right?), Collins (eh?)...

Of course Griffiths would say all this about Fenlon - unlike most managers Fenlon put his arm around the lad instead of booting him out the door. However, this only makes Fenlon a father-figure. It does not make him a good manager.

Cameron1875
Oh well. Wonder how the people lining up to have a go at me an the others having a protest after Hearts game feel now.

Or would yous rather organised wee committee meetings where a member of the board gives stock corporate answers and yous leave ER feeling satisfied with yourselves.

Sorry but allow me to feel rather smug that a few hundred others were outside the West today. Maybe the message is spreading rather than people shouting these protesters down.

Up The Bracket
How can any Hibs fan complain?

You all wanted Fenlon out, you all wanted Butcher in, this has happened and look where we are now.

Hope you're all happy.

Fenlon out Butcher in and all that.

Thecat23
10-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Only reason I can think off is there is zero chance he will recover his costs and rather than pass it on (at a loss) to someone who might end up having to sell assets to counter some unaffordable spending, he will take the whole hit himself and pass it on to a committee to oversee.

Therefore appointing trustees would seem (to him) the best way of ensuring continued existence which was his stated goal. Just a thought.

No matter what he will have to take the hit IMO. He isn't stupid and he wouldn't sell to someone if he thought would ruin us. But until he publicly puts us on the market he'll never know will he?

Crab apple
10-05-2014, 03:30 PM

It's absolute nonsense if your facts are the basis for your argument that we were going somewhere under Fenlon. A 35% win record isn't great. The football wasn't great to watch - it was **** (subjective I know but my opinion). And lets not forget the 9-0 defeat to Malmo. A record defeat - FACT. Petrie called it wrong in not getting rid of Fenlon sooner.

Cameron1875
10-05-2014, 03:31 PM
how can any hibs fan complain?

You all wanted fenlon out, you all wanted butcher in, this has happened and look where we are now.

Hope you're all happy.

Fenlon out butcher in and all that.

ltyf

churchie16
10-05-2014, 03:33 PM
When walking around past the West on way back seemed like a good few hundred protesting - seemed a reasonable amount chanting Petrie GTF.

Are people still there and how long did they stay? More interaction with players etc when they came out ?

The players never came out only nelson walked up the stairs in the stadium were he got booed. Police said to everyone outside that everyone like the players and staff as well as pietrie had left. Andy walker came out and got pelters as did the players girlfriends and wives then the majority left after 45 minutes or so with still some fans there.

500miles
10-05-2014, 03:34 PM

What direction was Leigh's career (in fact, life) going in before Pat turned up? There was plenty of folk who were happy to send him back to Wolves after his first season

Heisenberg
10-05-2014, 03:35 PM
All of their cars had been moved round to in between the east/ff to save them getting any bother leaving the stadium.

emerald green

What?! Get real. :faf:

Elephant Stone
All I'm seeing is Griffiths saying Fenlon was good for me, for my career and brought in new faces before the Malmo game...ok lets examine these new faces - Liam Craig (been garbage all year pretty much), Nelson (garbage), Vine (best not to mention really), Mullen (you kidding right?), Collins (eh?)...

Of course Griffiths would say all this about Fenlon - unlike most managers Fenlon put his arm around the lad instead of booting him out the door. However, this only makes Fenlon a father-figure. It does not make him a good manager.

Craig: scored about 5 goals for us in the first three months under Fenlon, in left midfield, which was the wrong place apparently. Not garbage under Fenlon.

Nelson: Solid over the first three months, the fans thought so and it was the best defence in the league outside of Celtic. Not garbage under Fenlon.

Vine and Mullen were bad signings. That happens.

Collins has been in and out the team every week under Butcher. If he'd been allowed to make a consistent partnership with Heffernan, as was clearly planned, then who knows? They scored a few goals together before Fenlon left. And he's only a couple short of Griffiths' total in his first season.

Griffiths' opinion does not make him a good manager, no, but I think the facts do, and Griffiths' opinion leads me to doubt your argument that Griffiths was solely responsible for our improvement.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 03:36 PM
What?! Get real. :faf:

Conveniently ignoring the rest of the post?

Cameron1875
10-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Craig: scored about 5 goals for us in the first three months under Fenlon, in left midfield, which was the wrong place apparently. Not garbage under Fenlon.

Nelson: Solid over the first three months, the fans thought so and it was the best defence in the league outside of Celtic. Not garbage under Fenlon.

Collins has been in and out the team every week under Butcher. If he'd been allowed to make a consistent partnership with Heffernan, as was clearly planned, then who knows? They scored a few goals together before Fenlon left. And he's only a couple short of Griffiths' total in his first season.

Griffiths' opinion does not make him a good manager, no, but I think the facts do, and Griffiths' opinion leads me to doubt your argument that Griffiths was solely responsible for our improvement.

1. They scored in the St Mirren game and that was it.
2. There's clutching at straws then there's this! Everyone could see Griffiths was capable of a little bit of magic. Collins on the other hand couldn't trap a bag of cement.

jacomo
10-05-2014, 03:37 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leigh-griffiths-delighted-things-are-looking-up-for-pat-fenlon-1-3137431

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/pat-fenlon-a-father-figure-to-leigh-griffiths-1-3170220

Pat deserves credit for the way he managed LG and got him playing the best football of his career with us. To deny that would be churlish in the extreme.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 03:38 PM
The players never came out only nelson walked up the stairs in the stadium were he got booed. Police said to everyone outside that everyone like the players and staff as well as pietrie had left. Andy walker came out and got pelters as did the players girlfriends and wives then the majority left after 45 minutes or so with still some fans there.

absolutely no need for that at all, wtf have they got to do with the position we are in :dunno:

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 03:39 PM

Selective stats. Collins has had hours of football, worse than a man down

FYI Heff got injured.

Fenlon was a shambles and signed this dross.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 03:40 PM
What direction was Leigh's career (in fact, life) going in before Pat turned up? There was plenty of folk who were happy to send him back to Wolves after his first season

I'm sorry, you may be confused - I don't care the direction Leigh's career or life is going in (that's up to him now - he has the tools to make a life for himself). I'm worried that our club has been failing desperately since 2007. And I mean desperately. I couldn't care less about a Hibs fan who plays for Celtic and who may have been helped along the way by an EX manager of Hibs. What difference does that make now? Really?

Calderwood and Fenlon are accountable, they are, no matter what they may or may not have done for individual members of the team because it was to the overall detriment of the club.

What I'm seeing here is - Fenlon oversaw 2 of the worst defeats in the history of our club but he was good because Leigh Griffiths did well with us and Griffiths liked him...Nonsense, utter nonsense. Should we think Fenlon is good because Doyle is doing well down south now? What about our club though, eh?

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 03:40 PM
1. They scored in the St Mirren game and that was it.
2. There's clutching at straws then there's this! Everyone could see Griffiths was capable of a little bit of magic. Collins on the other hand couldn't trap a bag of cement.

It's too early to write him off when he's not been playing consistently and the team around him has absolutely collapsed. Even if you do write him off I don't think it's fair to criticise PF, looked as though Griffiths was staying until their manager changed and so it was a bit of an emergency back-up. If Collins and Heffernan had played consistently together and the team hadn't collapsed then I think it would be fair to judge him, neither have happened.

500miles
10-05-2014, 03:41 PM

It's also worth pointing out that, in the two games we played without Leigh last season, we drew with ICT and beat Killie, scoring 5 goals in the process. Agree entirely with the above.

Greenblood70
10-05-2014, 03:41 PM
It's absolute nonsense if your facts are the basis for your argument that we were going somewhere under Fenlon. A 35% win record isn't great. The football wasn't great to watch - it was **** (subjective I know but my opinion). And lets not forget the 9-0 defeat to Malmo. A record defeat - FACT. Petrie called it wrong in not getting rid of Fenlon sooner.

Not just Fenlon but Caldewood as well, both should have been sacked sooner but we limped on from one crisis to another.

The revisionism from some on here is hilarious, other than a couple of notable posters who I thought defended their position on Fenlon pretty well the near unanimous feeling was that Fenlon had to go. We'll end up doing the same with Butcher, who for me is the most inept of the lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

madhatter
10-05-2014, 03:42 PM

Pat deserves credit for the way he managed LG and got him playing the best football of his career with us. To deny that would be churlish in the extreme.

And I care? Did he build a team around Griffiths - no. Did he bring in the current guff, yes. Whilst he may have put an arm around Griffiths and got him playing well (who gives a ****). This isn't about Griffiths, this is about a team and about a club. At no point did he assemble a strong team or got us playing good football where we all felt we had to support such a vibrant club. He failed, simple as.

Greencore
10-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Won't be back until there is investment in the club. "Oh you hate hibs, not a real fan!" If people honestly believe that then that's swell. Sick of paying for high prices for tickets, merch, food... And then getting crap returned to me on the pitch. If we do not get investment we WILL be another Dundee.

Cameron1875
10-05-2014, 03:46 PM
It's too early to write him off when he's not been playing consistently and the team around him has absolutely collapsed. Even if you do write him off I don't think it's fair to criticise PF, looked as though Griffiths was staying until their manager changed and so it was a bit of an emergency back-up. If Collins and Heffernan had played consistently together and the team hadn't collapsed then I think it would be fair to judge him, neither have happened.

Do you mean Collins or Heffernan. If you mean Collins then I have to disagree.

We had all summer to bring in a suitable forward and it seems to me that we rushed to get Collins deal through to try and appease the fans after Malmo match!

madhatter
10-05-2014, 03:48 PM
It's also worth pointing out that, in the two games we played without Leigh last season, we drew with ICT and beat Killie, scoring 5 goals in the process. Agree entirely with the above.

Remind me again, why did almost all Hibs fans want Fenlon gone then? You're making it sound as if we were singing and dancing down the streets...

Oh, Fenlon walked as well and remember what he said "I've taken the club as far as I can" - if, the point of his resignation was "as far as I can", then he, by his own admission, failed.

Hibrandenburg
10-05-2014, 03:52 PM

Hibrandenburg
10-05-2014, 03:55 PM
It's not the fans job to have a plan B though, is it?

If all we have is a plan A, then thats down to the board, not the fans.

That's just daft! If your gonna protest you have to know what changes you want.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 03:55 PM
We wanted Fenlon out for the same reason that we want Butcher out. Neither of them can perform under this level of pressure. When things go pear shaped, neither of them know how to deal with the situation to get the teams performance rate up.

We we're right to get rid of Fenlon (Albeit, the timing was poor and not for the first time). We then replaced him with someone who seems to fold even more under pressure. The fans aren't to blame for this. It's the boreds job to identify a manager who can work under this level of pressure.

The fans weren't wrong to want rid of Fenlon and they certainly aren't wrong for wanting rid of Butcher either.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 03:57 PM

Thats not true. The fans have every right to protest if things aren't working out. They don't need to have a solution to the problem in order to protest. It's the boards job to come up with a working solution. That's what we pay them for.

1875STEVE
10-05-2014, 03:58 PM

Spot on.

The man saved us and we will forever be grateful for that, but, are we not to question his actions because of it???

FFS it was 25 years ago, it's time for the club to move on.

New owner, new board, new ideas.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 04:00 PM

I agree with almost all of this however, the last part is like saying "you are driving straight at a brick wall - there is no point in braking because you don't know what is behind you. Keep going straight as it is the only option". My other is, what is Plan A exactly - is it support team no matter what ("brick wall")? Is Plan B not to get fan ownership, Petrie out on his **** and for us, the fans, to have more influence on our failing club. Plan B ("braking") sounds better than Plan A ("brick wall") to me...

ManBearPig
10-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Shocking if true that wives and gfs were getting pelters. Childish as ****

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 04:01 PM

Do we, my protest is probably twofold. Sheite football and its drove me away. I'm also not giving this club any more of my money until i see real progress.

Farmer could die tomorrow, would the club die too?, Someone would come in and a genuine protest could smoke out interested parties?

Is he, an announcement would clear that up once and for all? Is there any wonder folk still are not convinced he's gone?

You can be as interested as you like, i have no idea who'd replace him?

There's only one plan, thats to get a Hibs team that punches its weight. Thats always been my plan.

10-05-2014, 04:04 PM
The board told us to stand up and be counted - well now we are. Its OUR club chairmans/players/managers etc. come and go but fans are there for life. For too long we have had to put up with *****, enough is enough. We want answers and most of all we want action! I don't want come cobbled together meaningless apology (although it might be a start) I want to see something done. This is one humiliation too many. Like I said, i'm glad that we aren't accepting this, i'm glad we are fighting for change.

emerald green
10-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Conveniently ignoring the rest of the post?

No. I read the whole post. It's a joke.

Billychaotic182
10-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Shocking if true that wives and gfs were getting pelters. Childish as ****

Hope that's not true. People need to have a look at themselves if they are doing that

500miles
10-05-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm sorry, you may be confused - I don't care the direction Leigh's career or life is going in (that's up to him now - he has the tools to make a life for himself). I'm worried that our club has been failing desperately since 2007. And I mean desperately. I couldn't care less about a Hibs fan who plays for Celtic and who may have been helped along the way by an EX manager of Hibs. What difference does that make now? Really?

Calderwood and Fenlon are accountable, they are, no matter what they may or may not have done for individual members of the team because it was to the overall detriment of the club.

What I'm seeing here is - Fenlon oversaw 2 of the worst defeats in the history of our club but he was good because Leigh Griffiths did well with us and Griffiths liked him...Nonsense, utter nonsense. Should we think Fenlon is good because Doyle is doing well down south now? What about our club though, eh?

You seem to suggest that Griffiths pulled Fenlon out of the *****. I would suggest that it was Fenlon's ability to get the best out of a player that made him a good manager and what made Griffith such an asset. He got more out of Craig, Harris, McGivern, Nelson, Forster, Heffernan and a number of other players than Butcher has. We should think Fenlon is a good manager because Doyle is a good player, and his record last season proves that (1 goal in every 2.5 games, regularly from the bench, regularly out wide).

There are so many who seem to think that it only takes a season to get a team together. The right targets have to be available, the right contacts have to be busy and the money has to be there if you're going to find a superstar. They don't turn up every year, so sometimes you have to select guys who are decent players, who you think you can get the most out of.

You know why I think we slated Fenlon? Because we were told to. Pat wasn't a media darling. He didn't like the press, he didn't indulge them, and they briefed against him because he never gave them info, favours, or his time. Now, the people leading the charge against the management on this website are usually the same every time. They start the kicking and screaming early and it's started on Butcher. However, Terry has the media on his side. He's the media man's best friend, he loves an interview, a chat, a soundbite, whatever they want. So while there is a call on here from some people to sack Terry, it's not as bad as Pat got, because the media scrutiny isn't so intense, despite Terry doing so much worse. Butcher's football is no prettier than Fenlon's, but the media haven't dared to be so savage in their criticism.

Now, I think it's too late to sack Butcher. In the past he has shown that if he get's a few of his own players in the door, he can make things happen. He should have done better with the existing squad, but what is done is done, and sacking him now would be to throw the baby out with the bath water. He will have an opportunity in the summer to bring in his own players, with his connections, who fit his ideology. He has shown that, in that environment, he can make things happen.

My hope is that Heff is fitter for his 90 minutes today, and can get us scoring in the play-offs. I think that would be key to any success, because I really don't fancy the Championship next season.

Elephant Stone
10-05-2014, 04:13 PM
You seem to suggest that Griffiths pulled Fenlon out of the *****. I would suggest that it was Fenlon's ability to get the best out of a player that made him a good manager and what made Griffith such an asset. He got more out of Craig, Harris, McGivern, Nelson, Forster, Heffernan and a number of other players than Butcher has. We should think Fenlon is a good manager because Doyle is a good player, and his record last season proves that (1 goal in every 2.5 games, regularly from the bench, regularly out wide).

There are so many who seem to think that it only takes a season to get a team together. The right targets have to be available, the right contacts have to be busy and the money has to be there if you're going to find a superstar. They don't turn up every year, so sometimes you have to select guys who are decent players, who you think you can get the most out of.

You know why I think we slated Fenlon? Because we were told to. Pat wasn't a media darling. He didn't like the press, he didn't indulge them, and they briefed against him because he never gave them info, favours, or his time. Now, the people leading the charge against the management on this website are usually the same every time. They start the kicking and screaming early and it's started on Butcher. However, Terry has the media on his side. He's the media man's best friend, he loves an interview, a chat, a soundbite, whatever they want. So while there is a call on here from some people to sack Terry, it's not as bad as Pat got, because the media scrutiny isn't so intense, despite Terry doing so much worse. Butcher's football is no prettier than Fenlon's, but the media haven't dared to be so savage in their criticism.

Now, I think it's too late to sack Butcher. In the past he has shown that if he get's a few of his own players in the door, he can make things happen. He should have done better with the existing squad, but what is done is done, and sacking him now would be to throw the baby out with the bath water. He will have an opportunity in the summer to bring in his own players, with his connections, who fit his ideology. He has shown that, in that environment, he can make things happen.

My hope is that Heff is fitter for his 90 minutes today, and can get us scoring in the play-offs. I think that would be key to any success, because I really don't fancy the Championship next season.

Absolutely spot on.

Hibrandenburg
10-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Protests are because as we can all see the club is on its arse. Protests have a habit of smoking people out who might want to take over clubs if they can perhaps get their hands on the club.

Its not only protests, when clubs are in trouble they ALWAYS seen to find someone who's willing to take over the ailing club.

We are an ailing club, protest or not SOMEONE will come out and take over, but the people in charge ie STF and Petrie must want to sell/give away give up the club.

I'm not convinced they do.

Sorry BH but that's wishful thinking. Maybe your right, maybe STF doesn't want to sell the club, maybe the pitch forks and torches might persuade him otherwise, maybe someone will step up and buy STF out, maybe that person is a bigger chancer than STF, maybe that person has similar ambitions to Wallace Mercer or maybe there's a mega rich sheikh with green blood in his veins and green paper in the bank. That's a lot of maybes.

I've no answers either but imo protesting against something without knowing what you want instead is a bit like filling your car up with petrol and diesel coz your not sure what kind of engine you have. It'll end in tears.

JustSimplyHibs
10-05-2014, 04:16 PM

I want changes to the playing side of the club.

I want to see my board have a football vision and a football approach. I want to see my club generate good young local Scottish players into players that compete on the big stage. I want to see my club generate cash by selling its product to the big fish and in return using the cash to replace like for like.

I want my club to have a football philosophy which sees it play football on the deck and players having the desire to be the best - I want my board to find a manager that fits this philosophy, as seen at clubs like Swansea.

After years of building infrastructure and watching SEVEN LONG YEARS of drivel - This is the change i want to see!!!

Hibrandenburg
10-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Ha the guys been away for months now and still people are on here slating Fenlon. Get over it, youse know we wouldn't be in this position under him! Left us in 5th and a knee jerk reaction after a derby defeat got him sacked imo. We're going nowhere when we keep sacking managers.

Keith_M
10-05-2014, 04:20 PM
I get the point of going to protest and not having the solution but it's still a way of expressing just how unhappy the fans are with the current situation.

People laughed at the Hearts support for letting Romanov lead them into the situation where they were eventually put into Administration, when the least they could have done was to be vocal in their dissent about what he was doing to their club. Surely Hibs fans going to make their feelings known, and the depth of those feelings, is required to get over to those in charge just how disgusted we are with how far the club has been allowed to fall.

I agree that a pre-planned protest would be better, where people formulate their complaint/demands first, but this is at least a start.

Hibrandenburg
10-05-2014, 04:21 PM

You all wanted Fenlon out, you all wanted Butcher in, this has happened and look where we are now.

Hope you're all happy.

Fenlon out Butcher in and all that.

Exaggerated and a little harsh but the point stands still the same.

Waxy
10-05-2014, 04:21 PM
No doubt if Fenlon was here we'd be nowhere near 11th and we'd probably have another cup final to look forward to.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Sorry BH but that's wishful thinking. Maybe your right, maybe STF doesn't want to sell the club, maybe the pitch forks and torches might persuade him otherwise, maybe someone will step up and buy STF out, maybe that person is a bigger chancer than STF, maybe that person has similar ambitions to Wallace Mercer or maybe there's a mega rich sheikh with green blood in his veins and green paper in the bank. That's a lot of maybes.

I've no answers either but imo protesting against something without knowing what you want instead is a bit like filling your car up with petrol and diesel coz your not sure what kind of engine you have. It'll end in tears.

Wishful thinking is because you want better, we can just say nothing and continue to have this dross rammed up our backside and politely ask for more.

The management and the board have failed and are failing, do you expect people to be happy?

This is not a new thing, we have been in steady decline for years.

This is not going away, but crowds will.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Getting rid of Fenlon was NOT a knee-jerk reaction. He was a terrible manager and nowhere near the quality that we should be expecting.

Just because Butcher has been worse for us, doesn't make Fenlons sacking unjustified.

The mistake was bringing in Butcher, NOT getting rid of Fenlon, who should have departed before the beginning of the season.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 04:30 PM

No we slated Fenlon because he was terrible - things like clubs singing "One Pat Fenlon" while we are unable to pass forward while we are 2-nil down shows you what he was about. 5-1 against bitter rivals in a SC Final should have been a sacking offense. 3-0 in SC against Celtic where interview was essentially "at least we didn't lose 5" whilst also being in the bottom 6 should be a sacking offense because that is the wrong mentality. 9-0 against Malmo should be sacking offense as the players that he brought in were, and are not good enough. Nelson was struggling to get back in 2nd half today - seriously struggling and they almost got a 2nd. Heffernan has been injured all season almost. OTJ is the exact same. Liam Craig is a powderpuff captain and rarely looks at who he is passing to. In a summer window he brought no wide-men in, not a single one of note which is bad management as we needed that. He overloaded with CMs. He is culpable for Matt Done et al who is potentially as bad as Alan O'Brien. At one point he played Robertson wide right and he didn't have a clue. We had a better defence under Fenlon simply because he played defensive and very very narrow. Butcher wants his teams to take it to the opposition, sadly these players aren't capable of that.

Butcher is failing, don't get me wrong - he is abject at best.

However, Fenlon was a nice chap but combined with Calderwood has set this club back years. He has built a big squad with limited options - where is our LBs? our RBs? where is our LMs? RMs? where is the capability in the current squad to shift the ball fast and attack oppositions? Nowhere is the answer to all of these.

GodisaHibee
10-05-2014, 04:35 PM

So this is success? Apathy

GodisaHibee
10-05-2014, 04:38 PM
When is the penny going to drop? We are ******ed, end off.

Hibrandenburg
10-05-2014, 04:40 PM
I get the point of going to protest and not having the solution but it's still a way of expressing just how unhappy the fans are with the current situation.

People laughed at the Hearts support for letting Romanov lead them into the situation where they were eventually put into Administration, when the least they could have done was to be vocal in their dissent about what he was doing to their club. Surely Hibs fans going to make their feelings known, and the depth of those feelings, is required to get over to those in charge just how disgusted we are with how far the club has been allowed to fall.

I agree that a pre-planned protest would be better, where people formulate their complaint/demands first, but this is at least a start.

People laughed more when they were kicking Russian hats about the street.

From what I'm reading on here it sounds more like mob rule than a protest. I do hope someone with a plan steps forward and lights the way but there's an old saying with much truth in it "better the devil you know than the devil you don't".

madhatter
10-05-2014, 04:41 PM
When is the penny going to drop? We are ******ed, end off.

For me, many pennies have dropped about the club and where it has been going for years. Sadly brave faces and apathy is deeply embedded due to years of failing - a slightly lesser degree of failure is viewed as a success.

hibee62
10-05-2014, 04:44 PM

Perfectly summed up!

madhatter
10-05-2014, 04:44 PM

From what I'm reading on here it sounds more like mob rule than a protest. I do hope someone with a plan steps forward and lights the way but there's an old saying with much truth in it "better the devil you know than the devil you don't".

Here's one for you: fan ownership.

And here is a saying to counteract yours: "Don't fear failure...in great attempts it is glorious even to fail". I will not accept **** because I don't know what else there is, that is apathy.

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Here's one for you: fan ownership.

And here is a saying to counteract yours: "Don't fear failure...in great attempts it is glorious even to fail". I will not accept **** because I don't know what else there is, that is apathy.

The biggest successes are also the biggest failures. That's because they're willing to fail over and over again until they get it right.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Fenlon was hopeless and we should have got rid o him long before we did. that we replaced him with a bigger clown doesnt make Fenlon a good manager.

Patatango
10-05-2014, 05:04 PM

It's the Devil we know that's got us into the position we're in.
Pesonally, I have loads of respect for Rod and what he's done for our club, but from a footballing point of view, he's taken us as far as he can.
Not entirely sure what the solution to our current predicament is but, we definately need a fresh perspective from the top down.
We've been **** for way to long!

Nakedmanoncrack
10-05-2014, 05:06 PM
to be honest, a lot of Hibs fans are getting exactly what they deserve- a crap team because they aspire to nothing more

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 05:07 PM

People are saying what they don't want. However, some of the things they say they do want are a bit wooly, to say the least. We can't go ahead on objectives like " getting the club back to where it belongs". We need to have specific and realistic targets. The sad fact is that these don't measure up to expectations.

We have never been consistently successful.

That only holds true while we are a top flight club IMO.

The biggest successes are also the biggest failures. That's because they're willing to fail over and over again until they get it right.

So, Rod Petrie must be a massive success, because he's failed at every appointment he's made?

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 05:10 PM
So, Rod Petrie must be a massive success, because he's failed at every appointment he's made?

No, because somebody who is successful doesn't keep making the same mistakes over and over again. They learn from each mistake they make which allows them to take a step closer to succeeding.

Rodders doesn't learn from his mistakes. He goes around in circles.

Leith Green
10-05-2014, 05:37 PM

Surely the people running the club should have a plan? They are clueless idiots, who have far too easy a time of it when you consider just how bad things have been over a sustained period of time. If people are seriously happy enough to keep on swallowing the same garbage year after year then well done. I honestly think if we had acted together as a support a few years ago, then we wouldnt still be in the same mess.. As a club we are rotten from top to bottom, owner, chairman, players, manager.. That all goes back to the very top of the club

500miles
10-05-2014, 05:43 PM
No we slated Fenlon because he was terrible - things like clubs singing "One Pat Fenlon" while we are unable to pass forward while we are 2-nil down shows you what he was about. 5-1 against bitter rivals in a SC Final should have been a sacking offense. 3-0 in SC against Celtic where interview was essentially "at least we didn't lose 5" whilst also being in the bottom 6 should be a sacking offense because that is the wrong mentality. 9-0 against Malmo should be sacking offense as the players that he brought in were, and are not good enough. Nelson was struggling to get back in 2nd half today - seriously struggling and they almost got a 2nd. Heffernan has been injured all season almost. OTJ is the exact same. Liam Craig is a powderpuff captain and rarely looks at who he is passing to. In a summer window he brought no wide-men in, not a single one of note which is bad management as we needed that. He overloaded with CMs. He is culpable for Matt Done et al who is potentially as bad as Alan O'Brien. At one point he played Robertson wide right and he didn't have a clue. We had a better defence under Fenlon simply because he played defensive and very very narrow. Butcher wants his teams to take it to the opposition, sadly these players aren't capable of that.

Butcher is failing, don't get me wrong - he is abject at best.

However, Fenlon was a nice chap but combined with Calderwood has set this club back years. He has built a big squad with limited options - where is our LBs? our RBs? where is our LMs? RMs? where is the capability in the current squad to shift the ball fast and attack oppositions? Nowhere is the answer to all of these.

First of all, the "One Pat Fenlon" thing. I remember a few jambo's enjoying a "One Tony Mowbray" when they scored four goals against us 3 times in a season. Regardless, I don't care about what Jambos think, so it doesn't affect my opinion on my club or those at it.

5-1 against Hearts wasn't a sacking offence. Firstly, the scoreline was all about the referee. The actual result may have been down to the fact that Hearts were a better team than us, but make no mistake, we were embarrassed because we were cheated.

We went with too attacking a lineup against Malmo, and we got a drubbing. We done the same thing against Dnipro a few years ago with our best squad in a generation, and got a doing as well. Early season european rounds can be like that, big deal. I'm sorry if some Jambo's said some nasty things and hurt your feelings after it. I slept soundly.

Heffernan was injured during Pat's time at Hibs, and still scored more goals than he did for TB. Liam Craig was the top scorer in a team who finished 3rd the season before, and has been grossly misused as a defensive midfielder during most of Butcher's tenure.

We never won a game without Michael Nelson this season. It's worth pointing out that he was actually signed as cover for McPake and Hanlon, because James was foolishly hiding his injury, and had to pack in when the season had started. I believe that Butcher should have looked for a longer term option in the transfer window (Fenlon had highlighted Gavin Gunning as his preferred signing.)

Matt Done scored a goal. Therefore he was infinitely better than AOB.

Butcher should be playing to his players strengths to get a result. That is the task of any manager coming into a team mid-season.

Our left backs are McGivern (who performed well for Fenlon, and fans were keen to get on a permanent deal) and Stevenson (Who I think is a pretty solid left back and improving year on year.)

Our right backs WERE Tim Clancy (who was sadly injured which Pat couldn't do much about), Jordan Forster and Alan Maybury (Who has been a pretty able stop gap)

Pat was not perfect. We should have got another right back in - but we were also told numerous times that Clancy was only a couple of weeks away from fitness. There's not a lot you can do about about players or doctors saying that they're fit, or nearly fit. This goes for both Clancy and McPake. Pat also had the rug pulled out from under him with regards to who we signed to replace Leigh. In fact, we had a deal with Wolves right until they sacked the manager and changed their minds. Maybe we wanted him too much, but that's understandable given how good he was for us. We tried to sign Taylor, but got gazumped by a team with a bigger budget, end of.

We should have given him more time. He only had until the end of this season to run, and with Cairney and Harris back from injury, we may have got a better idea of what his plan was at the start of the season. We were safe in 5th, with aspirations of a top six finish, which was further progress from where we were before. It might not have been as quick as we liked, but we keep saying, every time we change manager, that the club is a mess and it will take years to set right. Pat should at least have got the length of his contract, and the support of the fans for that time. He didn't. We could have had Butcher in the summer, or Ian Murray who has been an outstanding success in the first division with a second/third division club. If Pat hadn't satisfied the criteria, it would have given whoever came in a much easier start and a chance to build.

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2014, 06:06 PM

They might not have the answers ...... but its better than some folk on here who don't appear to even want to acknowledge the fact that theres a question and instead feel the need to disrespect their fellow supporters with rubbish like your second paragraph here and crass statements like "why don't you buy it?" in response to folk posting not unreasonable pleas for Farmer to sell the club. As intelligent a response as a small child repeatedly saying 'cause' when asked why it did something.

IMO this situation has long passed the question of who the manager is or what the players can or cant do on the park .... we have had manager after manager and hundreds of players over the last 7 years, but the results remain the same and the clubs malaise continues. The only constants in that time have been Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie. Who cares why they have failed ...... the bottom line is that they have.

It is no longer the job of Tom Farmer or Rod Petrie to attempt to resurrect this clubs on field fortunes .... 7 years of utter failure to achieve that goal is proof enough that they are not the men to do it.

I for one am not prepared to continue to put up and shut up and endure another 7 years of dross. If STF and RP want to prove to me, and I'm positive, the vast majority of Hibs fans that they give a toss about the folk who support this club then they should make one last effort to retain the remnants of honour and dignity they have left and make a superhuman effort to find a buyer for the club.

Maybe I am clinically depressed and terminally inadequate ........ Better to have certain folk think that of me than have others think I was one of those who were happy to sit back and pretend that the only answer to my failing football clubs critical situation is to leave it in the hands of those who have brought it to this sorry state.

silverhibee
10-05-2014, 06:26 PM
If one of them has the money to take over that might make a difference.

So you keep saying.

silverhibee
10-05-2014, 06:28 PM

He doesn't think that now.

madhatter
10-05-2014, 06:33 PM
He doesn't think that now.

You so sure?

HNA7
10-05-2014, 06:33 PM
A hole.

Please read this before posting again

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?283249-A-Gentle-Reminder

Emerald
10-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Fenlon was hopeless and we should have got rid o him long before we did. that we replaced him with a bigger clown doesnt make Fenlon a good manager.

Totally agree

silverhibee
10-05-2014, 06:40 PM

There cars were moved at HT.

HNA7
10-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Please read this before posting again

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?283249-A-Gentle-Reminder

Silverhibee, you haven't read this thread yet. You need to do so soon because we're not going to spend time deleting your posts all night.

Thanks.

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Fenlon was hopeless and we should have got rid o him long before we did. that we replaced him with a bigger clown doesnt make Fenlon a good manager.No one is saying Fenlon was the answer but giving him this season and getting someone new this summer when his contract up would have been the best plan. Don't see why we should have got rid of him sooner, we improved a lot last season from the 2011/12 season

silverhibee
10-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Silverhibee, you haven't read this thread yet. You need to do so soon because we're not going to spend time deleting your posts all night.

Thanks.

Oh but it was okay for Filled Rolls to call folk yams a few weeks ago and get away with it after them protesting at ER a few weeks ago.

It needs to be the same for everyone on here and i see he is still using the LTYF tag.

Where were you then.

jacomo
10-05-2014, 07:09 PM
You know why I think we slated Fenlon? Because we were told to. Pat wasn't a media darling.

Nah, not true. Pat got plenty of support, even his doubters (I was one of them) wanted to be proved wrong. He got another chance after the 2012 Cup Final tanking.

It was nothing to do with the media (although his disdain for that side of his job didn't help him). It was everything to do with the fact he looked out of his depth and a few awful, awful results.

DaveF
10-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Oh but it was okay for Filled Rolls to call folk yams a few weeks ago and get away with it after them protesting at ER a few weeks ago.

It needs to be the same for everyone on here and i see he is still using the LTYF tag.

Where were you then.

Silver - Hit the chatbox please and leave this one alone.

Ta.

Gettin' Auld
10-05-2014, 07:38 PM

I see this type of thing posted fairly often - It's isn't the fans job to come up with plans, that's the job of the people running the club.

southsider
10-05-2014, 07:41 PM
There's no wealthy Hibs fans left.

We're all skint after paying to watch that ****
Wrong. I think we could get over 1,000 fans inverting £20-£50 per week in a fan backed scheme to try and get this club back where we feel we belong. I would be up for this once Petrie steps down. We have never been asked to do this and form a comittie to sit with the board. People who put money into the. club instead of taking money out

(((Fergus)))
10-05-2014, 07:42 PM

I see this type of thing posted fairly often - It's isn't the fans job to come up with plans, that's the job of the people running the club.

Fans must have an idea of what would be better otherwise they wouldn't criticise what the club are doing, would they? They'd simply assume that the club was doing the best possible and say nothing.