PDA

View Full Version : Must be laughing - Analysis

Unseen work
10-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Pat fenlon must be in stitches right now, hounded out the club and brought in butcher to "save" our season and make us better.

Im not for one minute saying fenlon was the answer, just funny how then our problem was top 6, now its being in the championship

i want to know 2 things about today however:

Jason cummings - why was he dropped? he is a constant goal threat and always has a couple of chances, collins never even gets a shot, same with a half fit heff unless he gets perfect service

Lewis Stevenson - Why was he dropped? constantly good and on tuesday is the best the defence has been in a while imo and dealt with the big ross co strikers well

GreenLake
10-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Pat fenlon must be in stitches right now, hounded out the club and brought in butcher to "save" our season and make us better.

Im not for one minute saying fenlon was the answer, just funny how then our problem was top 6, now its being in the championship

Jason cummings - why was he dropped? he is a constant goal threat and always has a couple of chances, collins never even gets a shot, same with a half fit heff unless he gets perfect service

Lewis Stevenson - Why was he dropped? constantly good and on tuesday is the best the defence has been in a while imo and dealt with the big ross co strikers well

I don't think Butcher was brought in to save our season. He was brought in to demolish and rebuild the squad. I don't think they even considered we would be close to relegation and probably thought of a list of signings for the next season in the Premiership months ago. I bet the board are bricking it about going down as it was not a part of their plans. It doesn't change the fact we need a bigger rebuild than new training for the existing squad. Whether we go down or stay up, we need a proper demolition and rebuild and that will be over longer than half a season. Butcher will be given the chance to do it I think. If someone else comes in, it will be to demolish and rebuild too.

danhibees1875
10-05-2014, 01:31 PM
I agree about stevenson.

Other than that I think the team was spot on. The most worrying thing is that was our best team probably as good as they ever will and they still couldnt score. ..

hibee_girl
10-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Stevenson was the exact type of player we needed today, dropping him was madness! All the space they had came from our left side because Craig went AWOL!

IberianHibernian
10-05-2014, 01:39 PM

Lewis Stevenson - Why was he dropped? constantly good and on tuesday is the best the defence has been in a while imo and dealt with the big ross co strikers wellDon`t think these two would have made any difference today . Cummings has yet to score after quite a few games and Stevenson would have been more hard work and no result which is what we already had today . Would have started Harris instead of Watmore and made the changes 20 minutes earlier . Hard to understand how Taiwo and Zoubir aren`t even in squad but maybe they`ve left already ?

Michael
10-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Don`t think these two would have made any difference today . Cummings has yet to score after quite a few games and Stevenson would have been more hard work and no result which is what we already had today . Would have started Harris instead of Watmore and made the changes 20 minutes earlier . Hard to understand how Taiwo and Zoubir aren`t even in squad but maybe they`ve left already ?

It really isn't. Taiwo is okay, but offers nothing going forward and Zoubir is just pants.

Pete
10-05-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't think anyone who was on the park can be blamed for that as I don't think anyone had a particularly bad game.

Long balls to Heffernan all day aren't going to work. Blame lies squarely at Terrys door for this one.

Amit
10-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Stevenson was the exact type of player we needed today, dropping him was madness! All the space they had came from our left side because Craig went AWOL!

Agreed. The killie goal came from that side because Craig was drifting into the centre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 01:53 PM
And to think James Collins will be here next season too. Worst player in the SPL.

Humo
10-05-2014, 01:54 PM
And to think James Collins will be here next season too. Worst player in the SPL.

At least he will be worst player in the championship instead

AlbertK86
10-05-2014, 01:55 PM
I don't think anyone who was on the park can be blamed for that as I don't think anyone had a particularly bad game. Long balls to Heffernan all day aren't going to work. Blame lies squarely at Terrys door for this one.

Totally agree

Board IE Rod Petrie is also to blame. Refused to pay for a striker in January and would only offer a loan.

We are so ineffectual upfront it is criminal

Cannot for the life of me see where a goal is coming from

Why do we insist on the high ball upto strikers who can hardly jump.

Heffernan needs ball to feet to have any chance of making an impact

Bishop Hibee
10-05-2014, 01:56 PM

Cummings hasn't scored for the first team and Heff was fit. I agreed with Butcher on this

Butcher must think McGivern is better than Stevenson at LB. I think Butcher was wrong as McGivern has been poor for months and Stevenson is far more consistent.

As for Fenlon, he signed Collins, the worst centre forward to get his game regularly that this club has ever had.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2014, 01:56 PM
I don't think anyone who was on the park can be blamed for that as I don't think anyone had a particularly bad game.

Long balls to Heffernan all day aren't going to work. Blame lies squarely at Terrys door for this one.

Agreed.

Players tried hard but 'tactics' were shocking.

I've said a million times that I don't care that Butcher doesn't have the players to play his football, whatever that is. He should have the ability to adapt and find a system that works until he gets his players in. He has failed massively to do that.

borstalboy
10-05-2014, 01:57 PM

I don't blame Butcher for that, you could see in the first half in particular he had a go at Forster for not playing the ball to Maybury rather than launching it! I think the movement from the players is poor at best and to me that comes down to attitude and application.

For the record, we didn't play badly today, just yet again our failure to score has cost us!!

Phil D. Rolls
10-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Butcher has been a ****ing disaster. Might as well punt him now. Seriously, there can be no excuse for taking the team to where they are. He farted about with the side, and he acted the big man, he should resign.

paul_hfc3
10-05-2014, 02:01 PM

Why do people keep saying this. The boy has scored ZERO goals for us. That's why he wouldn't of played him in such an important match.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Why do people keep saying this. The boy has scored ZERO goals for us. That's why he wouldn't of played him in such an important match.

:agree: get's loads of leeway because he's a couple of years younger than Collins.

macd123
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Absolutely 100%

macd123
10-05-2014, 03:51 PM

Talented boy struggling to cope with the ball pinging into him at neck height all the time. They don't teach hoofball at the academy but they might have to start.

Cameron1875
10-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Pat Fenlon appeared to be a good man. He'll be as disappointed as the rest of us, certainly won't be laughing.

Unseen work
10-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Cummings hasn't scored for the first team and Heff was fit. I agreed with Butcher on this

Butcher must think McGivern is better than Stevenson at LB. I think Butcher was wrong as McGivern has been poor for months and Stevenson is far more consistent.

As for Fenlon, he signed Collins, the worst centre forward to get his game regularly that this club has ever had.

My point was more it should of been Cummings ahead of Collins and Stevenson ahead of mcgivern with nelson out, mcgivern had a good game Tuesday u thought

Onion
10-05-2014, 05:38 PM
My point was more it should of been Cummings ahead of Collins and Stevenson ahead of mcgivern with nelson out, mcgivern had a good game Tuesday u thought

Don't rate Stevenson one bit, but he was one of our best players in midweek against Ross County. Butcher dropping him today was just bizarre.

Spike Mandela
10-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Don't rate Stevenson one bit, but he was one of our best players in midweek against Ross County. Butcher dropping him today was just bizarre.

Hardly bizarre. Today we needed goals and assists something Stevenson hardly ever provides. We never got the goal or the assists but it was worth trying more attack minded players.

The Leith Dutch
10-05-2014, 05:45 PM
I've said a million times that I don't care that Butcher doesn't have the players to play his football, whatever that is. He should have the ability to adapt and find a system that works until he gets his players in. He has failed massively to do that.

Couldn't agree more.

It may not be a great squad of players but I certainly wouldn't do a straight squad with any of the other squads in the bottom six.

Given that post split we started in top spot and 6 points clear of Killie the manager has to take responsibility for us being in this position.

jakeshibs
10-05-2014, 05:50 PM
so angry and sad today, was in a comfortable position when we wanted rid of PF, now we got who we wanted in TB, no doubt giving the fans what they wanted will be RP fault..... I don't know how to make our club better but not happy today.

jacomo
10-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Hardly bizarre. Today we needed goals and assists something Stevenson hardly ever provides. We never got the goal or the assists but it was worth trying more attack minded players.

He did back in November when TB first came in.

shezer
10-05-2014, 06:03 PM
One of the lads was talking to him last night before the St Pats v Cork City game and I can tell you now he is not one bit happy about the position we are in.

Cropley10
10-05-2014, 08:10 PM
so angry and sad today, was in a comfortable position when we wanted rid of PF, now we got who we wanted in TB, no doubt giving the fans what they wanted will be RP fault..... I don't know how to make our club better but not happy today.

Aye right.