PDA

View Full Version : Game Over

Wotherspiniesta
10-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Team don't have the bottle for this match, or the two play off games.

Can't score, leak goals.

Basically, we're down.

stokesmessiah
10-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Bit early for the tears no ?

SteveHFC
10-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Bit early for the tears no ?

He's right.

Craig_in_Prague
10-05-2014, 12:16 PM
leave him alone.
We all hurt and fwiw he's right.

Sad that we will be relegated in a league with no Huns and Yams (effectively), really god damn sad.

6 year downward spiral.

Well done Hibs

Aldo
10-05-2014, 12:17 PM
leave him alone. We all hurt and fwiw he's right. Sad that we will be relegated in a league with no Huns and Yams (effectively), really god damn sad. 6 year downward spiral. Well done Hibs

Can I correct you please CIP.... 7 years for me!!

delbert
10-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Team don't have the bottle for this match, or the two play off games.

Can't score, leak goals.

Basically, we're down.

Don't know why people are complaining about your comments, you are spot on, we have a team packed full of duds, fuds and serial losers with no bottle passion or talent, some people appear not to have noticed that these imposters have accumulated less points than any team in the league

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Don't know why people are complaining about your comments, you are spot on, we have a team packed full of duds, fuds and serial losers with no bottle passion or talent, some people appear not to have noticed that these imposters have accumulated less points than any team in the league

:agree:

When a boxer gets knocked down, the only way he can win the match is by getting back up again, he can't win by staying down.

Footballs no different. Except when we get knocked down, we stay down. We don't show the character and determination to pick ourselves back up and fight for the right to win.

jonty
10-05-2014, 12:33 PM

When a boxer gets knocked down, the only way he can win the match is by getting back up again, he can't win by staying down.

Footballs no different. Except when we get knocked down, we stay down. We don't show the character and determination to pick ourselves back up and fight for the right to win.

Yep - certainly sounds like that just now. :rolleyes:

cleanyman
10-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Going down with a whimper.

Keith_M
10-05-2014, 01:28 PM

Whoever qualifies to play Hibs in the Play Offs will be rubbing their hands in delight and already preparing for life in the Premier(leagueyshipything)

Iain G
10-05-2014, 01:33 PM

A fit McPake will at least provide some kind of leadership and boot up the arse on the pitch for these two games

truehibernian
10-05-2014, 01:37 PM

Notes from today from the 'players who care' - Williams laughing with Boyd before a corner second half ! Craig arguing with Thomson rather than worry about his performance ! Nelson showing more passion at the corner flag with seconds to go when he should have shown it all game.

From goalkeeper to Heffernan - they really played like it was a meaningless game.

Eremenko looks like he's been on a doughnut and ice cream diet - controlled the game against a midfield that looked miserable, slow and weak.

Well done Killie though - quite like them as fans. We got what sadly has been coming 4 seasons - thanks Roderick !

steviehibsleith
10-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Well another bad day at Easter rd and on that performance Game Over may be correct. I am afraid to say the way we play - hoofball is suited for the Championship so well done TB for this new style of play im gutted. Today hoofball isnt just from open play every set piece was the same every player in the box and punt not once did we pull out wide or any variation. I actually dont believe we passed the ball to our own player 4 times the entire game dreadfull. And our first sub was OTJ jesus christ what must HArris Handling and Cummins have been thinking .

Hibercelona
10-05-2014, 01:38 PM
A fit McPake will at least provide some kind of leadership and boot up the arse on the pitch for these two games

I like McPake, but he needs to be fully fit, otherwise his determination can become a liability when his body lets him down.

But i'd take 11 fully fit McPakes over this bunch everytime.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2014, 01:45 PM
We're in big trouble.

It's not over yet though. We didn't create many chances today yet had a shot hit the bar, a good shout for a penalty turned down, a shot cleared off the line and a couple of goalmouth scrambles when it just wouldn't go in.

I'm not confident but I'm not giving up.

neil7908
10-05-2014, 01:46 PM
OP's absolutely correct. Its done, no chance we'll beat whoever in the playoffs over 2 legs. Be surprised if we even score a goal.

I wasn't sure about getting rid of Butcher up till now but this has tipped the balance - no way he should be in charge going into these games.

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Anyone who thinks about it logically without any green tinted specs must surely admit Hibs will lose the play off.

jonty
10-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Anyone who thinks about it logically without any green tinted specs must surely admit Hibs will lose the play off.

Until we know for definite who we're playing, then how can it be thought about logically :greengrin
I certainly wouldn't fancy Hamilton but we should be optimistic about QoS or Falkirk.

Its going to be a long week and i'll be hoping that Hamilton don't win.

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Until we know for definite who we're playing, then how can it be thought about logically :greengrin
I certainly wouldn't fancy Hamilton but we should be optimistic about QoS or Falkirk.

Its going to be a long week and i'll be hoping that Hamilton don't win.

Sadly I really don't think it matters who it is. If it ended up being QoS, on league position the worst of the three, it means they'll have beaten both Fakirk and Hamilton to get there and their tails will be up. Whoever it is will beat Hibs over 2 legs.

jonty
10-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Sadly I really don't think it matters who it is. If it ended up being QoS, on league position the worst of the three, it means they'll have beaten both Fakirk and Hamilton to get there and their tails will be up. Whoever it is will beat Hibs over 2 legs.

If it ends up QoS then they'll have played 3 extra games. Surely fitness would come into it. Sadly we'll need to score a couple of goals - that'll be our downfall.

Amit
10-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Well done Killie though - quite like them as fans !

Don't be fooled. I know for a fact there were a number of The Rangers/Sevco fans in the away end today. Sad times!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RIP Bestie
10-05-2014, 02:23 PM
a fit mcpake will at least provide some kind of leadership and boot up the arse on the pitch for these two games
aaaarrrgh

Alfred E Newman
10-05-2014, 02:30 PM
I like McPake, but he needs to be fully fit, otherwise his determination can become a liability when his body lets him down.

But i'd take 11 fully fit McPakes over this bunch everytime.

Why on earth he brought on that utter cart horse Tudor Jones I'll never know. Why not the man on your avatar ? At least he would have got stuck in.

truehibernian
10-05-2014, 02:36 PM
If it ends up QoS then they'll have played 3 extra games. Surely fitness would come into it. Sadly we'll need to score a couple of goals - that'll be our downfall.

Let's hope fitness doesn't come into it then - because Hibs players are unfit and have been all season. No pace in the legs, no strength up top, pudgy bellies for pudgy wee footballers.

I've seen better fitness in Junior players. What was plain to see today (sadly) was Sam Stanton being utterly outclassed and out muscled by two veterans (Eremenko and Clingan) - Sam was slow today, one paced, unsure of his passing. Eremenko, when he came into the game, was class. His core fitness and strength needs worked on.

But the biggest villains today for me were Nelson, Craig and Butcher - guys who you expect to set the tone and lead. Energy was sapped, fans were low today 20 minutes in - because our energy is sapped too.

Our play, much like our owners, is slow, ponderous, lacking life and invention and just a wee bit cowardly.