PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers in for Claros ?

Billychaotic182
09-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Just seen this on the BBC

Arnold Peralta says Rangers are "very interested" in one of his Honduras team-mates, but did not reveal the player's identity. The midfielder also said he is hoping to star at the World Cup to attract interest from other clubs.

Has to be Claros since they were close to signing him before we did. Would be gutted to see him in a rangers kit

marinello59
09-05-2014, 10:18 AM
So all we should talk about is the game? Just putting some info on our message forum! No need to be an arse

Play nice now guys. We are all a bit tense this week.:greengrin
Maybe we could nick him back after he trains with them, same as the last time.

The Green Goblin
09-05-2014, 10:23 AM
So all we should talk about is the game? Just putting some info on our message forum! No need to be an arse

Fair dos. I was being an arse. Just woke up and saw this post, the day before the most important game in years, and wondered why you posted it. Was it to give everyone a lift before tomorrow??? I would be sorry (not "gutted") to see Claros sign for them, but as you said, you don't even know if it's Claros they're talking about. As for the game, personally I think it's the only thing that matters right now.

scuttle
09-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Just seen this on the BBC

Arnold Peralta says Rangers are "very interested" in one of his Honduras team-mates, but did not reveal the player's identity. The midfielder also said he is hoping to star at the World Cup to attract interest from other clubs.

Has to be Claros since they were close to signing him before we did. Would be gutted to see him in a rangers kit

No loss IMHO was overrated when he was with us..... a poor mans KT

Billychaotic182
09-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Fair dos. I was being an arse. Just woke up and saw this post, the day before the most important game in years, and wondered why you posted it. Was it to give everyone a lift before tomorrow??? I would be sorry (not "gutted") to see Claros sign for them, but as you said, you don't even know if it's Claros they're talking about. As for the game, personally I think it's the only thing that matters right now.

I agree the game is VERY important and to say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I was up at Dingwall on Tuesday and that drive home all I could think about was how we will do on Saturday.

The reason I posted this was just to give info. Not to take focus off the game or try to put people down as they could sign a player most of us really liked but to inform people of the gossip. Sometimes it's good to have more than one topic to talk about.

Fergus52
09-05-2014, 10:50 AM

Other way round IMO.

leggeto
09-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Sniff. And who cares? There's a game tomorrow..

Although he wasn't blessed with forward passing and attacking football,he always made himself available for the ball and was always in their faces breaking down attacks he'd walk into this current team

hibsbollah
09-05-2014, 11:06 AM

:hilarious

patlowe
09-05-2014, 11:06 AM

Total nonsense IMO but I think you may be on the wind-up. We have missed Claros immeasurably this season and the comparison with KT is sort of moot as Claros was almost always fit and available to play.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2014, 11:10 AM
A midfield and attack of:

.......Thomson...Claros.....

Pacy winger..Robertson...Pacy winger

..........Goalscorer......

Would be lovely.

Bronson
09-05-2014, 11:36 AM

Blasphemy

WestEndHibee
09-05-2014, 11:43 AM

:fishin:

Onceinawhile
09-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Blasphemy

Blasphemy, Blasphoryou, blasphoreverybody.

The Green Goblin
09-05-2014, 01:29 PM
I agree the game is VERY important and to say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I was up at Dingwall on Tuesday and that drive home all I could think about was how we will do on Saturday.

The reason I posted this was just to give info. Not to take focus off the game or try to put people down as they could sign a player most of us really liked but to inform people of the gossip. Sometimes it's good to have more than one topic to talk about.

Again, fair enough. Apologies for the earlier reaction. Woke up very tired and grumpy and not quite awake when I read it etc. Respect to you for making the trip up to Dingwall. Let's hope we are both feeling relieved come full time tomorrow. As for Claros, we need all the quality we can get in the team so he would be a good player to get back in. Like yourself, I'm bricking it for tomorrow and just hope against all the evidence to the contrary that something changes and we somehow get what we need. Cheers.

The_Exile
09-05-2014, 01:38 PM
he wasn't blessed with forward passing and attacking football

That wasn't his job, he had a very specific job to do and he did it at a very high level.

patlowe
09-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Although he wasn't blessed with forward passing and attacking football,he always made himself available for the ball and was always in their faces breaking down attacks he'd walk into this current team

I actually thought his forward passing was very good, his quick thinking and long diagonal passes began many an attack IIRC. He wasn't an attacker by any means but deep-lying playmaker definitely.

Jim44
09-05-2014, 01:48 PM

Utter garbage in my opinion. Apart from a few poor games, unfortunately, the worst being that Cup Final, I thought he stood head and shoulders above everybody in the team.

GreenLake
09-05-2014, 02:00 PM

I'm not sure about your comparison there. Claros has a lot of caps for his country and Honduras are not a bad side with back to back World Cup qualifications.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2014, 02:40 PM
No loss IMHO was overrated when he was with us..... a poor mans KTWe wouldn't be hoofing the ball at all if Claros, he ran games from start to finish for us last season. We have missed him more than Griffiths.

marinello59
09-05-2014, 02:43 PM
We wouldn't be hoofing the ball at all if Claros, he ran games from start to finish for us last season. We have missed him more than Griffiths.

Think I'd have to disagree with that. Sparky is by far the biggest loss. If it was top trumps Claros wouldn't come close.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Think I'd have to disagree with that. Sparky is by far the biggest loss. If it was top trumps Claros wouldn't come close.Griffiths added goals and scared teams, he was very important but Griffiths wouldn't have a chance to score anywhere near that many goals with us this season without Claros. Watch us on Saturday, if teams pressure high we have absolutely no way of doing anything, Claros prevented this, Griffiths didn't get near scoring when teams sat on Claros.

TornadoHibby
09-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Play nice now guys. We are all a bit tense this week.:greengrin
Maybe we could nick him back after he trains with them, same as the last time.

:top marks

Now that would be an excellent move! :wink: