PDA

View Full Version : The day before the big game!!

edinburghhibee
09-05-2014, 05:36 AM
Right, it's just over 24 hours before undoubtably the biggest most important game of our season. The club is at breaking point and in need of serious surgery in the upcoming days, weeks and months, however lets put all our differences to one side and get behind the common goal which is 3 points at Easter road against killie.

All of us on this forum (well apart from the in looking yams which stink the place out from time to time) are supporters of Hibernian fc whether your a season ticket holder or live on the opposite side of the world and attend one game every few years. We all want hibs to do well. With the amount of negativity on this board recently we need to focus on the job in hand unite as a support and drag the boys over the finishing line.

Let's stick together and be positive until the final whistle goes tomorrow. This is in our hands we can do it... We as a club will do it!!!

Come on the hibees!!!!!!

marinello59
09-05-2014, 05:52 AM
Well said.:thumbsup:
Let's keep this one positive.:agree:

California-Hibs
09-05-2014, 05:57 AM
People need to realize just how vital it is that we stay in this league. Tomorrow is one of the biggest games in years. We need 100% positivity. I don't care how bad we've been, negativity NEVER helps! If you can go tomorrow GO! I'd give my right nut to be able to fly back and be at Easter Road tomorrow!

edinburghhibee
09-05-2014, 06:21 AM
Out of all the teams in the league to play this game against killie would be our obvious choice we are unbeaten in the last 7 games against them. Overall we have beat them 59 times at ER to their 21 times beating us. We have the highest aggregate score when we beat them 8-1 and we have beat them 8-0 in the past as well as the 5-1 cup final victory. We have beaten them twice this season including a 3-0 victory at Easter road under this management team with these players. We are not relegated yet folks!!

Moody D
09-05-2014, 06:50 AM
People need to realize just how vital it is that we stay in this league. Tomorrow is one of the biggest games in years. We need 100% positivity. I don't care how bad we've been, negativity NEVER helps! If you can go tomorrow GO! I'd give my right nut to be able to fly back and be at Easter Road tomorrow!
"Tomorrow is one of the biggest games in years" seem to have heard that quite a lot in recent times. Only slightly worrying thing is we really are not very good in these games(trying to stay positive)

Ronniekirk
09-05-2014, 07:19 AM
Out of all the teams in the league to play this game against killie would be our obvious choice we are unbeaten in the last 7 games against them. Overall we have beat them 59 times at ER to their 21 times beating us. We have the highest aggregate score when we beat them 8-1 and we have beat them 8-0 in the past as well as the 5-1 cup final victory. We have beaten them twice this season including a 3-0 victory at Easter road under this management team with these players. We are not relegated yet folks!!

Agree but when you start reading in the papers that players are talking about staff losing there job s if hibs go down it's usually a bad sign .Its like trying to lay a guilt trip on them when they are already low in confidence and feeling the pressure .you don't want Cummings bearing down on goal thinking if I don't score I could be responsible for staff losing their job it's just a another negative for young players to have to cope with Players should be focussing with management team on working on moves and tactics to try and get killie players worried during the game forcing them into making mistakes crunching into tackles and letting them know they are in a game and we mean business showing some self belief .then things might happen and we might get the rub of the Green we haven't been getting
No Killie player is in paper talking about staff redundancies .

edinburghhibee
09-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Agree but when you start reading in the papers that players are talking about staff losing there job s if hibs go down it's usually a bad sign .Its like trying to lay a guilt trip on them when they are already low in confidence and feeling the pressure .you don't want Cummings bearing down on goal thinking if I don't score I could be responsible for staff losing their job it's just a another negative for young players to have to cope with Players should be focussing with management team on working on moves and tactics to try and get killie players worried during the game forcing them into making mistakes crunching into tackles and letting them know they are in a game and we mean business showing some self belief .then things might happen and we might get the rub of the Green we haven't been getting No Killie player is in paper talking about staff redundancies .

I agree with what your saying ronniekirk but what's that got to do with this thread about being positive from now onwards?

conway1875
09-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Right, it's just over 24 hours before undoubtably the biggest most important game of our season. The club is at breaking point and in need of serious surgery in the upcoming days, weeks and months, however lets put all our differences to one side and get behind the common goal which is 3 points at Easter road against killie.

All of us on this forum (well apart from the in looking yams which stink the place out from time to time) are supporters of Hibernian fc whether your a season ticket holder or live on the opposite side of the world and attend one game every few years. We all want hibs to do well. With the amount of negativity on this board recently we need to focus on the job in hand unite as a support and drag the boys over the finishing line.

Let's stick together and be positive until the final whistle goes tomorrow. This is in our hands we can do it... We as a club will do it!!!

Come on the hibees!!!!!!

Best post I have seen on here in a long time! GGTTH

franks
09-05-2014, 07:45 AM
can't say I'm feeling confident yet but I will be when I climb those steps tomorrow. Agree we all need to do our bit tomorrow and get behind them again. I will be fully behind them tomorrow as I am sure every other Hibbie will be, and to those who can't be there tomorrow Let your positive waves travel to the stadium too.

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
09-05-2014, 07:46 AM
I agree with what your saying ronniekirk but what's that got to do with this thread about being positive from now onwards?
Think you have hit the nail on the head with that one.am away to think positive thoughts and good karma watch this space :wink:

edinburghhibee
09-05-2014, 07:48 AM
Think you have hit the nail on the head with that one.am away to think positive thoughts and good karma watch this space :wink:

Smashing, looking forward to it! :D

Emerald
09-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Well said, where are all the folk now that were clamouring for cup final tickets for the last two years. This is biigger than any cup final. No matter how pissed off you are, get along to this game. The club and fellow supporters need you all now.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2014, 07:55 AM
We have a decent record against Killie, 2 out of our last 3 games have seen us score (maybe not a great acheivement but better than a few weeks ago) and it really is a one off game. Win it and we can forget all about this season.

I think the players are up for it, we have a chance and it's still in our hands so let's get out there and do it.

18Craig75
09-05-2014, 07:57 AM
I agree the the negativity has to stop now. Tuesday I was gutted, Wednesday dejected and Thursday nervous as hell.

But now it's time to focus on how we are going to get through this game and get the result we all want. We can resume the post mortem and ask the questions on Sunday.

We need the players to give it their all and we as fans need to do the same.

GGTTH

DarrenSQH
09-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Sleeping last night I had a dream we won and finished 7th. Hope it happens! lol

jonny
09-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Sleeping last night I had a dream we won and finished 7th. Hope it happens! lol

OK, there's positive and impossible, sadly this outcome is the latter. With Partick playing County and them on 38 and 37 whatever the result one of them will end up on more than the 38 we can possibly get.
I'll take 10th right now though!!
I'm taking my good luck charms - my 2 boys (4 and 6), they've never seen a Hibs defeat, actually only been to a few games but they've never even seen us concede a goal.

AndySOL1875
09-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Working 10-4 tomorrow so I would imagine I wont be at my most productive come 12 o'clock!! Absolutely ****ting myself.

MON THE HIBEES :flag:

Billychaotic182
09-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Working 10-4 tomorrow so I would imagine I wont be at my most productive come 12 o'clock!! Absolutely ****ting myself.

MON THE HIBEES :flag:

I'm working 10:30 till 23:30 so I'm with you can't see me doing much work at 12:45 hahah

Cumon the hibees

yeezus.
09-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Well said that man, I for one am going to turn to alcohol to solve my nerves. I don't arrive in the capital until 11. Does anyone know if I am allowed to drink alcohol on the train?

Billychaotic182
09-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Well said that man, I for one am going to turn to alcohol to solve my nerves. I don't arrive in the capital until 11. Does anyone know if I am allowed to drink alcohol on the train?

Im not 100% sure mate but I think you can't on match days. Again not sure

Pretty Boy
09-05-2014, 10:37 AM

Should be ok. Think it's only after 9 in the evening Scotrail have banned drinking. Can't see why Police Scotland or the transport Police would call for a dry train tomorrow.

Remember you can't buy booze before 10AM though so if you are leaving early then stock up tonight.

Speedway
09-05-2014, 10:39 AM

I can fly you out of there in 1 hour. Please fedex me 50% of your teds.

Saorsa
09-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Should be ok. Think it's only after 9 in the evening Scotrail have banned drinking. Can't see why Police Scotland or the transport Police would call for a dry train tomorrow.

Remember you can't buy booze before 10AM though so if you are leaving early then stock up tonight.
In July 2012 First ScotRail banned the consumption and carrying of alcohol - offences under Railway Byelaw 4 (1) or (2) - between 9pm and 10am. The train operator also refuses travel to those who are not considered fit to do so due to the effects of alcohol.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2014, 10:41 AM
No bevvy allowed on Scotrail services before 1000.

yeezus.
09-05-2014, 10:44 AM
In July 2012 First ScotRail banned the consumption and carrying of alcohol - offences under Railway Byelaw 4 (1) or (2) - between 9pm and 10am. The train operator also refuses travel to those who are not considered fit to do so due to the effects of alcohol.

Damm. Only going to have time for a couple before the game then :rolleyes: Oh well, with a bit of luck I'll be celebrating in Stranraer come 7 o'clock.

yeezus.
09-05-2014, 10:45 AM
No bevvy allowed on Scotrail services before 1000.

Might just have a big bottle of Lucozade then :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2014, 10:56 AM

The final sentence is quite amusing considering some of the states I've been in/witnessed on the last train back from the weej etc! :-)

edinburghhibee
09-05-2014, 02:32 PM
I think you'd get away with drinking on the train so long as your not causing bother I don't think they'll stop you.

Bristolhibby
09-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Well said, where are all the folk now that were clamouring for cup final tickets for the last two years. This is biigger than any cup final. No matter how pissed off you are, get along to this game. The club and fellow supporters need you all now.

If the game had have been a 15:00 KO, I was set to leave Wiltshire at 05:00 drive up, go to the game then get in the car arriving back circa midnight.

Just physically can't do it. I need to be back by Sunday AM as I am looking after the kids.

J

EdinMike
09-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Apparently the 'Mood is Calm' ...

http://youtu.be/T2LXgR8o99Q

Ronniekirk
09-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Smashing, looking forward to it! :D

Nothing is Impossible ,Only thinking makes it so. Andy Murray says we can do it ,so let's get ripped into them ,have self belief , shoot on target like we did the last time we played them at Easter road when we all cheered Lewis Goal and not accept anything less than a win .Lets raise the Decibel so that Killie know we are right behind the Team and drive them on so that every player finds that little bit extra in their performance and play for each other as a team and for the club and fans .
Moan the Hibees we can ****ing do This .:hibees