PDA

View Full Version : The Stage is Set for a New Hibs Legend to be born!

spike220
08-05-2014, 10:13 PM
With the stakes as high as they have ever been the stage is set for a new Hibs legend to be born!

Who could it be?

The Unexpected?

Collins
Harris
Craig
Handling
Nelsen

The Possibles?

Stanton
Foster
Cummings
Williams
McPake
Watmore

The long shots?

Maybury
McGivern
Stevenson
OTJ
Zoubir

GreenCastle
08-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Interesting..

Possibly Williams last game for us..plus a few others..

We need a Konte moment getting us into Europe at Fir Park.

Would be delighted if Collins, Cummings, Craig scored to see their reactions.

sleeping giant
08-05-2014, 10:25 PM
I don't think anybody can claim legend status this season.

yeezus.
08-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Young Sam Stanton gets my vote, I think he is a cracking player with a lot of potential.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 10:27 PM
I always find at these times the player least likely ends up going down as the one that did it. I would say without a doubt if we win it will be Collins that is involved. I bet him only once to score first and he did and it will be getting done again.

Ozyhibby
08-05-2014, 10:29 PM
I don't think anybody can claim legend status this season.

Try keep it positive, only 2 days to go.
;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IberianHibernian
08-05-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't think anybody can claim legend status this season.Definitely not . With all Leigh`s goals last season people tended to forget Claros`quality and Ben`s penalty saves . This Saturday ? Haynes must be due a goal .

spike220
09-05-2014, 02:33 AM
Definitely not . With all Leigh`s goals last season people tended to forget Claros`quality and Ben`s penalty saves . This Saturday ? Haynes must be due a goal .

Whoever scores the winner for Hibs will be remembered a long, long time no question.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2014, 04:20 AM
I'd love it to be Lewis

Captain Trips
09-05-2014, 04:26 AM
James Collins 11/2 FG or 8/1 to score 2. A striker who has struggled ends up scoring a vital goal quite often. I see this happening.

Nando™
09-05-2014, 04:55 AM
I wouldn't say legend, nor anything near it.

FWIW the player I want to see score the winner more than anyone else is Lewis, with Thomson a close second.

RIP
09-05-2014, 05:12 AM
I dreamt last night that Lewis scored a brace

kentao
09-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Wee lewis with a 25 yard screamer into the top corner will be the goal that saves us

bod
09-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Anyone who thinks finishing 3rd bottom deserves legendary treatment is in the wrong game.we should be embarrased finishing this low down in the league.

oregonhibby
09-05-2014, 06:59 AM
If it went in off the refs puss having been deflected by Boyd with a seagulls crap on it I wouldn't mind as long as we score 1 more than them!

Gettin' Auld
09-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Actually winning a game of football is what those underachievers are paid to do. None of them will go down as 'legends' in my eyes, just for scoring a goal.

The number of true Hibs legends probably wouldn't reach double figures in my eyes, none of this lot will even come close to reaching that status.......

PeeJay
09-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Anyone who thinks finishing 3rd bottom deserves legendary treatment is in the wrong game.we should be embarrased finishing this low down in the league.

Seems to me you've maybe misunderstood the point of the thread! This isn't about celebrating mediocrity, it's about the team stepping up and helping us survive for another day, to stay up and move forward, next year: if that happens, we - as a club - can and should celebrate that!

We all know it's not been a good season, no-one's overjoyed that we are where we are. but there is no reason on earth not to be over the moon if we win tomorrow and stay up - let the other clubs go down!

Personally, I would find it particularly apt if Lewis Stevenson were to put Killie to the sword tomorrow - failing that I'd be pleased for Collins if he scored a last-minute winning goal - If it's a great performance tomorrow, with a fine result, and we stay up, this will be a legendary game, one we'll talk about in years from now. As the OP says: the stage is set ... let's do it!

DH1875
09-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Legends are guys who score goals that win trophies. Their not guys who score goals the see us finish 10th in the league. Are the players who all played in the Dunfermile game a couple of seasons ago are all legends?

Nutmegged
09-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Hibs aren't a good side but strangely enough we're not the worst side in the League either...I fully believe that if Hibs go for it tomorrow, 2 strikers with an attacking purpose then they'll do enough to win the game, I don't think it'll be pretty, it'll most likely be nervy as hell too

Play 2 forwards and get the ball Into the box at every opportunity and well score goals Kilmarnock's defence is poor

Hibrandenburg
09-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Hibs aren't a good side but strangely enough we're not the worst side in the League either...I fully believe that if Hibs go for it tomorrow, 2 strikers with an attacking purpose then they'll do enough to win the game, I don't think it'll be pretty, @it'll most likely be nervy as hell too

Play 2 forwards and get the ball Into the box at every opportunity and well score goals Kilmarnock's defence is poor

The league table doesn't lie. Looking at the points won we are the worst team in the league.

Saorsa
09-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Legend? Really! I'll have some of what you're on. What we'll have is a poor team that got away with it, if they get away with it, nowt else. There may be a legend of the future in the shape of Sam Stanton but it winnae be as part of this team.

Jones28
09-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Legend? No. A valued contribution, but nothing legendery about it.

Nutmegged
09-05-2014, 07:57 AM
The league table doesn't lie. Looking at the points won we are the worst team in the league.

That's a fair point mate, I think unlike others near our position though, I believe we've massively underachieved.

BVB Hibs
09-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Maybury with a misdirected cross into the top corner with 5 to go? Wouldn't surprise me if it was his last ever game either, would only be right he bags himself a send off.

mcfly
09-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Regardless of what happens none of this lot are legends in my eyes.

This season has been yet another disaster. 4 home wins is a joke, hearts have accumulated more goals and points.

If we did ourjobs as badly as this lot we wouldn't be employed too long.

scuttle
09-05-2014, 08:28 AM
I'd love it to be Lewis

Me too

Keith_M
09-05-2014, 09:17 AM
I had a dream that KT scored a 93rd minute penalty.

THE DETAILS:

Boyd does a perfect slide tackle on Collins, who then falls dramatically until he reaches the area, finishing with him sprawled on the line. The Ref wrongly gives this as a penalty, with the whole Killie team protesting for five minutes and the Killie manager, assistant and all the subs sent to the stand. KT calmly stands with the ball in his hand the whole time, waiting for everybody to calm down. He slowly walks to the ball and, as Samson dives to his left, KT cooly trundles the ball into the middle of the goal.

As the crowd goes wild, KT runs up to The ref, gives him the 5-1 sign and then puts the nut on him. He then runs up to the bench, high fives Butcher, kicks Malpas in the balls and waves to the fans behind the dugout shouting 'that was for you guys'.

scuttle
09-05-2014, 09:20 AM

THE DETAILS:

Boyd does a perfect slide tackle on Collins, who then falls dramatically until he reaches the area, finishing with him sprawled on the line. The Ref wrongly gives this as a penalty, with the whole Killie team protesting for five minutes and the Killie manager, assistant and all the subs sent to the stand. KT calmly stands with the ball in his hand the whole time, waiting for everybody to calm down. He slowly walks to the ball and, as Samson dives to his left, KT cooly trundles the ball into the middle of the goal.

As the crowd goes wild, KT runs up to The ref, gives him the 5-1 sign and then puts the nut on him. He then runs up to the bench, high fives Butcher, kicks Malpas in the balls and waves to the fans behind the dugout shouting 'that was for you guys'.

If Carlsberg did spfl football

hibeemikey21
09-05-2014, 09:23 AM

THE DETAILS:

I chuckled at the 5-1 to the ref.

KT oot.

hibby67
09-05-2014, 11:45 AM

THE DETAILS:

:faf::faf:

Ell_Chrisso
09-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Who says we will even score

yekimevol
09-05-2014, 11:57 AM
I would think, mcpake forster or collins.

hibspayne
09-05-2014, 12:22 PM
The true legend that will come out tomorrows game, Win Lose or Draw will be the fans, we have been through the ringer in the past few seasons and on the forums we keep saying we wont be back...but guess what we go back.

Do i think we will win? Yes comfortably? No who will score? Dont care but would be a touch of class if it was Lewis deserves it and deserves all the credit that we can give this season on the back of one our the worst that i can remember....... Anyway the Legend tomorrow will be the fans

ps: Not going to the game tomorrow but have banished the entire family from the house until its over :flag:

hibs4life
09-05-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm afraid there will be no legends borne from this game, neither will there be any glory, even if we do get a result. What has gone before during this season ensures that...
Still, c'mon the Hibees!!!!

Fergus52
09-05-2014, 12:57 PM

THE DETAILS:

I think Malpas would just leather him after that

MrRobot
09-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Not one single player invloved in the Hibs team will be considered a Hibs legend. Legends wouldn't get us in this mess.

Stanton could go on to become one, but nobody can claim it from this season. We have been atrocious.

09-05-2014, 01:16 PM
I'd love it to be Lewis

:agree:

One of the few players in the team that shows heart and fight every time he plays.

jacomo
09-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Who says we will even score

Will just have to rely on Boyd putting the ball through his own net then.

mim
09-05-2014, 03:08 PM
A legend is someone that is remembered and talked about for many years. If someone gets us out of this mess he WILL be a legend, no matter what has gone before.

R11Loaded
09-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Legends are guys who score goals that win trophies. Their not guys who score goals the see us finish 10th in the league. Are the players who all played in the Dunfermile game a couple of seasons ago are all legends?

Matt Doherty is a personal hero of mine. Genius on and off the field. True gentlemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
09-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Hibs aren't a good side but strangely enough we're not the worst side in the League either...I fully believe that if Hibs go for it tomorrow, 2 strikers with an attacking purpose then they'll do enough to win the game, I don't think it'll be pretty, it'll most likely be nervy as hell too

This

heretoday
09-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Alex Harris. His malaise this season mirrors that of the team in general. He owes us.

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Alex Harris. His malaise this season mirrors that of the team in general. He owes us.

Alex Harris is just a kid who has hardly played a full season for the club and is struggling to come back from what was obviously a bad injury. He owes us bugger all.

That's one of the problems with this club ...... We are looking for the bairns like Harris, Cummins, Stanton and to a lesser extent Forster to drag us out of this mess............... They are the victims what this club has become, not the cause of it.