PDA

View Full Version : what will affect us IF we go down

leggeto
08-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Financially will we be better or worse off,will the crowd drop or rise,will it be hard to get good players in,sorry for another doomsday thread but I've been thinking about it

Michael
08-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Financially will we be better or worse off

Worse.

will the crowd drop or rise

Drop.

will it be hard to get good players in

Yes.

Pete
09-05-2014, 03:20 AM
Financially will we be better or worse off,will the crowd drop or rise,will it be hard to get good players in,sorry for another doomsday thread but I've been thinking about it

I think we'll be worse off but not as much as people suggest.

Crowds might actually rise as there are some big games and we will undoubtedly circle the wagons and pull together. The total cash generated at the gate might fall due to price changes.

As for prize money, I think the gap has been reduced due to the restructuring. We have learned to survive mainly on gate money anyway.

Attracting players will be harder but thats to be expected. Butcher done well at ICT with no money so who knows?

It won't be ideal but it won't be the end of the club like some are making out. There's no reason why we can't finish above the cheats should the worst happen.

hibbymick
09-05-2014, 04:44 AM
I'm not tempting fate here but how would the club reimburse those who had already paid for season tickets.

marinello59
09-05-2014, 05:54 AM
I'm not tempting fate here but how would the club reimburse those who had already paid for season tickets.

Reimburse us for what?:confused:

jeffers
09-05-2014, 05:58 AM
Reimburse us for what?:confused:

I could well be wrong and certainly haven't done any calculations, but won't the walk up prices be lower in the Championship ? And our season tickets were calculated based on Premier League prices.

Ronniekirk
09-05-2014, 06:02 AM
I think we'll be worse off but not as much as people suggest.

Crowds might actually rise as there are some big games and we will undoubtedly circle the wagons and pull together. The total cash generated at the gate might fall due to price changes.

As for prize money, I think the gap has been reduced due to the restructuring. We have learned to survive mainly on gate money anyway.

Attracting players will be harder but thats to be expected. Butcher done well at ICT with no money so who knows?

It won't be ideal but it won't be the end of the club like some are making out. There's no reason why we can't finish above the cheats should the worst happen.

Not thinking of relegation as we will have another two games after Saturday if we fail to beat Killie .However I don't think we could say with any certainty that if we went into championship we would finish above the cheats given they have beaten us four out of five games this season .
Also signing targets have been identified to play in current league ,some of those targets will not want to come now for less money and also may not have confidence T B can turn club around .
But yes that management team have plucked players from lower leagues in England for buttons and turned them into decent side so some players might be up for that challenge , but the difference between us and Inverness is there will be immediate pressure on these players to deliver and come back up in one season

marinello59
09-05-2014, 06:04 AM
I could well be wrong and certainly haven't done any calculations, but won't the walk up prices be lower in the Championship ? And our season tickets were calculated based on Premier League prices.

The prices will be what the club decides they are. IF we go down, and let's not forget we are not even in a play off yet, operating costs won't drop.

jeffers
09-05-2014, 06:09 AM
The prices will be what the club decides they are. IF we go down, and let's not forget we are not even in a play off yet, operating costs won't drop.

I'm not suggesting our costs will drop, but you think we will expect fans (away ones too) to pay Premier League prices for Championship football ? I have no interest in the cheats or Sevco, but as my Dad is a supporter of the former I should ask him what the price is for his ticket for next season.

Forza Fred
09-05-2014, 06:14 AM
I can't think of any positives relegation would bring.

marinello59
09-05-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm not suggesting our costs will drop, but you think we will expect fans (away ones too) to pay Premier League prices for Championship football ?

We have not been relegated. We are not even in a play off yet.

jeffers
09-05-2014, 06:17 AM
We have not been relegated. We are not even in a play off yet.

I know that !!! However Im responding to a thread called "what will affect us IF we go down"

marinello59
09-05-2014, 06:21 AM
I know that !!! However Im responding to a thread called "what will affect us IF we go down"

I know that. But what away fans would be willing to pay in the event of a relegation that hasn't happened yet seems pretty trivial in the great scheme of things.

WHUHibs
09-05-2014, 06:23 AM
I can't think of any positives relegation would bring.

I can,,,get to visit different grounds? Relieve the boredom,,,,we also can look forward to losing against our neighbours,,can't wait :greengrin

jeffers
09-05-2014, 06:29 AM
I know that. But what away fans would be willing to pay in the event of a relegation that hasn't happened yet seems pretty trivial in the great scheme of things.

As are a lot of things discussed on this board, but it's what we do on here. So I shouldn't have given my opinion on this one as you deem it to be trivial is what you appear to be saying.

marinello59
09-05-2014, 06:39 AM
As are a lot of things discussed on this board, but it's what we do on here. So I shouldn't have given my opinion on this one as you deem it to be trivial is what you appear to be saying.

Nope that's definitely not what I am saying. You feel free to keep scratching at as many scabs as you want, I ain't going to get sucked in to a pointless argument with you. I'm more concerned with tomorrows game than anything else so I'm out of this one.

MM19
09-05-2014, 07:00 AM

When we were relegated last time the season ticket prices and I think walk up prices remained the same Hibs didn't reduce the prices.