PDA

View Full Version : Jackie McNamara

Hibeesmad
08-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Sorry if posted elsewhere but I have just seen that Dundee United have rejected permission from Blackpool to speak to him.

I think he has done a fantastic job at United and had a big part in Particks promotion last season

Weststandwanab
08-05-2014, 10:00 PM
His next move will be to Celtic possibly as soon as the start of next season when Lemon heads south.

HibernianJK
08-05-2014, 10:23 PM
His next move will be to Celtic possibly as soon as the start of next season when Lemon heads south.

can't see lennon going south anytime soon.. there have been plenty opportunities for clubs to take him and he has hardly been mentioned, apart of small rumours about Norwich

IberianHibernian
08-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Mcnamara move would have a domino effect with maybe Malpass tipped to return to former club . Sounds like there`ll be a few managerisl changes this summer .

Michael
08-05-2014, 10:42 PM
I don't think he'd go to Blackpool. Given the two you'd rather manage DU wouldn't you? They're an up-and-coming side who are financially stable.

Nutmegged
08-05-2014, 11:16 PM
I definitely think McNamara will have one eye on the Celtic job, to be honest I can't see Neil Lennon moving anytime soon though, I don't know why he would want to either, I don't particularly rate him but he's probably the luckiest manager in their history with so little genuine competition, I read last week that they haven't won 4 in a row in over 40 years, so that's a carrot for him and I also recall reading a year or so ago that if he won the treble with them then he'd be the first ever guy to win it as a Player and a Manager with the same club in the UK.

I really rate McNamara, I wanted him to get the Hibs job last year even though Fenlon's job wasn't entirely at risk back then.

Blackpook isn't a step up either, Scott Robertson was on more money at Utd than he was at Blackpool

lucky
08-05-2014, 11:22 PM
I think he'll go after the cup final. It was a bit crass off Blackpool to try it 9 days before the final

Nutmegged
08-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Completely classless from Blackpool, totally agree.

I think Jackie seems like a man of integrity though, I don't think he'd say one thing so emphatically if a deal has been agreed or if he has his eye on the move

iwasthere1972
09-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Blackpool would be hoping that if McNamara joined them that he would be joined by some of the better players that Dundee United have on their books.

A step down if you ask me.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-05-2014, 04:44 AM

I think Jackie seems like a man of integrity though, I don't think he'd say one thing so emphatically if a deal has been agreed or if he has his eye on the move

But left the Thistle supporters with a bad taste in the mouth around how his exit was handled - and subsequent legal wrangling compounded by raiding his former team.

ManBearPig
09-05-2014, 04:49 AM

Ask any jags fan if he has integrity!