PDA

View Full Version : Kilmarnock

Hibeesmad
08-05-2014, 08:34 PM
What do you think their approach will be to the game on Saturday? Does anyone think they will be under more pressure and more nervous than what we are as it is in their hands at the moment? Does anyone think they will come and defend for 90 minutes and try and hit us on the counter attack, or will they just stick to a normal game plan of trying to win the game. Their manager has said they will try and win the game but I feel like they may be too cautious to attack often..

Thoughts?

Sir David Gray
08-05-2014, 08:41 PM
I think they'll try to score an early goal and really unsettle us.

They know that if they score, we'll need two to avoid the play offs so I think they'll attack us from the beginning.

#FromTheCapital
Essentially it's a must win for them as well. It would be too risky for them to try and play for a draw from the start, even if it is against us. I think they'll try to attack from the start knowing that it's probably too big an ask for us to score 2. If they get the first goal then I expect them to park the bus.

Bronson
Counter attack, no doubt. Could be dangerous as well if they have pacey attackers to supply Boyd.

Coco Bryce
08-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Counter attack, no doubt. Could be dangerous as well if they have pacey attackers to supply Boyd.

Boyd is slower than a night in St Leonards. Surely one of our defenders can snuff him out.

Gordy M
08-05-2014, 08:45 PM
I know we have been rubbish for several months now but.........if we could choose a game to have to win at home it would surely be killie. They have an awful away record, i think if we can score first we will win. Killie arent good enough to defend for 90 mins, and i think that might play into our hands. Cmon hibs. One game. One win.

Hibeesmad
08-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Boyd is slower than a night in St Leonards. Surely one of our defenders can snuff him out.

I'd play McPake for this game, I think he has the pace and defending ability to keep Boyd out the game

Hermit Crab
08-05-2014, 08:47 PM

Our what? :confused:

DanHFC1875
08-05-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm pretty sure Boyd will score. People can say what they want about him, he's lethal in scottish top flight. We have an awful defence. I'd play McPake.

Diclonius
08-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Kris Boyd hasn't scored against us for four years.

ALF TUPPER
08-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Killie players saying that they will have a go and they know that if they frustrate Hibs, the supporters will get on their backs.

Michael
08-05-2014, 08:57 PM

Well, now you've done it! :grr:

GreenLake
08-05-2014, 08:57 PM

They know that if they score, we'll need two to avoid the play offs so I think they'll attack us from the beginning.

I think they are going to do that too and make for an exciting opening 20 minutes. Hopefully we don't lose some strange goal out of nothing for a change.

ALF TUPPER
08-05-2014, 09:00 PM
A mate of mine supports Killie. Says they're bricking it ! But they are still quietly confident.

He says that their big concern is that Hibs are so fired up we might hit them early, hit them hard ( like we did against the jambos) . Reckons their defense couldn't cope with that kind of onslaught,

lets hope

Hibeesmad
08-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Usually Hibs start the first 20 minutes really lively but then concede a goal on their oppositions first attack, hope we don't see the same Saturday...

Bostonhibby
08-05-2014, 09:01 PM
They'll go for a win, away teams expect to win at ER and they know they are at least likely to score - because we generally don't their goal or goals is usually enough. I don't expect them to sit back and give us the luxury of maybe getting that confidence boosting first goal.

I am expecting Hibs to win this, god knows why. Come on Hibs.

GGTTH

iwasthere1972
08-05-2014, 09:05 PM
I think we should park the bus. Stick Collins up front by himself again and at every opportunity Ben Williams hoofs the ball up the park so that JC can chest it down, take on five or six defenders and slip the ball in the net while sticking his tongue out to the advancing goalie. Job done.

This football management is easy peasy when you know how.

gillythehibby
08-05-2014, 09:06 PM

That the same boyd who's scored 21 goals this season aye???

Stewboy
08-05-2014, 09:06 PM
I guess they will try to score once. That'll do them

Coco Bryce
08-05-2014, 09:07 PM
That the same boyd who's scored 21 goals this season aye???

None against us aye??

gillythehibby
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
They have got him and he scores goals. He only needs a sniff and it"s game over. We'd kill for somebody "slow" like him right now. We have better players but canny score goals. Add to that the fact we canny keep a clean sheet and there"s the reason we are in the ****. Maybe we're due a penalty or an OG. Either way we need a bit of luck

yeezus.
08-05-2014, 09:26 PM
They will score early and sit back.

S4uzee
08-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Some good results against killie recently when we've needed it
Tom soares double away
Put out scottish cup twice
League cup final
3-0 this season

Come on Hibs, we can do this

Ronniekirk
08-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Killie players saying that they will have a go and they know that if they frustrate Hibs, the supporters will get on their backs.
That will be Crazy Hibs carrying out threat to run on pitch and rip shirts off players backs :wink:

borstalboy
08-05-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry but there's no way in hell they're going to come out and attack us from the off. They wouldn't dare risk trying to grab an early goal for the potential (and thats being kind to us) of us hitting them on a break and grabbing an early goal. Just can't see it.

They'll come to frustrate and hopefully try hit us on the counter.

Pete
08-05-2014, 09:45 PM
If there's one team I would choose to play on Saturday it would be killie. We've been on the worst run in our recent history yet they are only two points above us.

They are utter dross. We aren't much better but I believe we have the capacity to be so much better than we have been recently.

We haven't always been this bad and we can do it. One measly win will make this all go away!:thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Tom soares double away
League cup final
3-0 this season

If we weren't on the run from hell I would 100% agree with this ?But we were unbeaten against Ross county in every game this season till this week when it really mattered . team selection and keeping nerves under control could be key ,but so is keeping a clean sheet and it's a while since we did that .Think I read something today that said we had not been beaten by them in last 8 games we have played them but tomorrow is a one off given what's at stake so would nt look too Mutch into what has gone before

yeezus.
08-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Tom soares double away
League cup final
3-0 this season

Good points mate, looking for a similar performance to the Dunfermline game in 2012 - my nerves had calmed after 15 minutes

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Boyd was on Sportsound earlier saying Killie will try and make the Hibs fans turn on their team because he knows that will happen if Killie keep the ball and frustrate us.

Amit
08-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Boyd could be the difference on Saturday.

If not then we'll head for the playoffs after a dull 0-0 draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stax
08-05-2014, 10:11 PM
If there's one team I would choose to play on Saturday it would be killie. We've been on the worst run in our recent history yet they are only two points above us.

They are utter dross. We aren't much better but I believe we have the capacity to be so much better than we have been recently.

We haven't always been this bad and we can do it. One measly win will make this all go away!:thumbsup:
Well said that man, I also think Killie may see us as a bit of a bogey team. Plenty of good results against them over the years. A bit off topic but one game that sticks in the memory was a 4-2 win at home a good few years ago, we were down 2-0 at half time, came out second half and romped it. Can't remember what season as my memory's mince :greengrin. Cannae see us scoring 4 anytime soon so a scrappy1-0 win'll do me. GGTTH

S4uzee
08-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Well said that man, I also think Killie may see us as a bit of a bogey team. Plenty of good results against them over the years. A bit off topic but one game that sticks in the memory was a 4-2 win at home a good few years ago, we were down 2-0 at half time, came out second half and romped it. Can't remember what season as my memory's mince :greengrin. Cannae see us scoring 4 anytime soon so a scrappy1-0 win'll do me. GGTTH
Sure that was under Mowbray. Gary Caldwell started the comeback and boozy got 2 headers I think

Amit
08-05-2014, 10:15 PM

Squad for that game (05/06 season):

Hibernian: Malkowski, Whittaker (Rudge 52), Caldwell, Hogg, Glass, Fletcher, Beuzelin, Stewart (Sproule 45), Thomson, O'Connor (Morrow 76), Riordan. Subs Not Used: Simon Brown, Konte, Shiels, Stevenson.

This season's squad however!

Dr Jimmy
08-05-2014, 10:27 PM

Killie mate of mine said Boyd "hobbled off" with 10mins to go on Wed.
Is he defo fit for Saturday? Not heard anything, as avoiding the papers and news.

Amit
08-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Is he defo fit for Saturday? Not heard anything, as avoiding the papers and news.

1st I've heard. If so, then a bit of a boost for us!

Nutmegged
08-05-2014, 11:25 PM
I've not heard of any injury to Boyd, Killie might be keeping it under wraps though, Boyd is a pure and simple predator though, he's had a stunning season.

Was reading earlier that his 21 League goals have directly won Kilmarnock 20 points this season, they could have been long gone and the saviour of the Yams if he didn't re-sign last Summer

Baader
08-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Can't afford any defensive slipups. If the ball ends up bobbling around in the penalty area with Boyd there it'll end up in the net...

My worry is how we will score...

s2hart
09-05-2014, 12:23 AM
I've not heard of any injury to Boyd, Killie might be keeping it under wraps though, Boyd is a pure and simple predator though, he's had a stunning season.

Was reading earlier that his 21 League goals have directly won Kilmarnock 20 points this season, they could have been long gone and the saviour of the Yams if he didn't re-sign last Summer

Pretty much the same as us over the past few seasons, Stokes, O'Connor & Griffiths goals probably keeping us in the league(I suppose that is their job to stick it in the onion bag), now that well has run dry and look at the state of us now!

You can only paper over the cracks so much, I wonder if the worse case scenario does happen if Leeann Dempster has a relegation release clause in her contract never mind Butcher and co.

DH1875
09-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Their defence is crap our defence is crap. They have Kris Boyd, we have erm........argument over :(

Frazerbob
09-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Boyd made a point of saying they will try to use the big Hibs support to their advantage as we will turn in our team if we go a goal behind. I recon they will go for an early goal.

You see........it is all th fans' fault! :wink:

emerald green
09-05-2014, 10:09 AM

So are our defenders! Have you seen Nelson and Maybury?

marinello59
09-05-2014, 10:13 AM
So are our defenders! Have you seen Nelson and Maybury?

Maybury compensates for his lack of pace with very clever positioning and decision making. If Nelson plays tomorrow he will batter anybody that comes near him. I'd back him in a physical battle with Boyd.

emerald green
09-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Maybury compensates for his lack of pace with very clever positioning and decision making. If Nelson plays tomorrow he will batter anybody that comes near him. I'd back him in a physical battle with Boyd.

Not a good idea. Remember who the referee is tomorrow. Fair comment regarding Maybury, but he lacks the pace required of a top class full back.

Captain Trips
09-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Does Boyd have a partner up front with pace at all?

marinello59
09-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Not a good idea. Remember who the referee is tomorrow. Fair comment regarding Maybury, but he lacks the pace required of a top class full back.

Forgot about him. In that case hope he 'accidentally'' barges in to that **** as well. :greengrin

emerald green
09-05-2014, 10:22 AM

Killie have got a good young wee fast nippy winger. Can't remember his name.

emerald green
09-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Forgot about him. In that case hope he 'accidentally'' barges in to that **** as well. :greengrin

:agree:

Onion
09-05-2014, 10:43 AM

:agree: This. They're coming off a 1-0 win and know that Hibs will be crapping themselves, have dodgy defence, need to win and struggling to score goals. They know if they nick a goal in the first 20 mins, they can probably sit back and let Hibs try break them down and go for breakaways.

Hibs best chance has got to be to get at them in the first 20 mins in the hope of getting ahead. If we can score early, it could settle the team down and will heap the pressure right back onto Killie.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Killie have got a good young wee fast nippy winger. Can't remember his name.

Johntson or McKenzie.

Mathias Jack
09-05-2014, 11:26 AM

Seen this on the BBC Sport commentary from Wednesday night...

72:58Substitution, Kilmarnock. Robbie Muirhead replaces Kris Boyd because of an injury.

Mathias Jack
09-05-2014, 11:29 AM

Don't know if he has pace but his partner in crime up front is Rory McKenzie, only scored 4 goals all season

chrisski33
09-05-2014, 11:48 AM

So what! Hes gonna be fired up so think he will score unfortunately as he has been scoring unlike our so called strikera

hibee mackay
09-05-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm sure they got 3 or 4 yellow cards in their last game, has there been any suspensions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALF TUPPER
09-05-2014, 12:19 PM
That will be Crazy Hibs carrying out threat to run on pitch and rip shirts off players backs :wink:

Would be funny tho'

:aok: Memo to self. Read over all posting before submission. :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
09-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Seen this on the BBC Sport commentary from Wednesday night...

72:58Substitution, Kilmarnock. Robbie Muirhead replaces Kris Boyd because of an injury.

Precautionary move by Killie management. Boyd will play. defo

Bronson
09-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Boyd is fit, he had a swollen ankle but he's recovered in time http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/310739/preview

Coco Bryce
09-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Boyd is fit, he had a swollen ankle but he's recovered in time http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/310739/preview

I'm gonna stick a tenner on him for 1st goalscorer. My bets NEVER come up :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2014, 12:36 PM

oh oh :(

Gettin' Auld
09-05-2014, 12:38 PM
They will play it real tight for the first half hour, racking up the pressure on the Hibs players and hoping that the home support put even more pressure on the team, when the nerves kick in.

Second half, we have to push on more and they'll try to hit us on the break.

Hopefully i'm talking pish, but that's what i'd be doing if i was in their shoes.

scuttle
09-05-2014, 01:16 PM
I think they will come out all guns blazing to stop us getting any momentum. They will try to score early then sit back and pick us off as they wont think we will score two, especially when it turns poisonous from he stands.Hopefully wrong though

GlenrothesHibee
09-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Sadly Kilmarnock will beat us

SteveHFC
09-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Some of their fans aren't confident about tomorrow they reckon we'll win.

marinello59
09-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Some of their fans aren't confident about tomorrow they reckon we'll win.

Good.
They are ***** and we shouldn't waste any time telling them tomorrow.
:flag:

erin go bragh
09-05-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm sure they got 3 or 4 yellow cards in their last game, has there been any suspensions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fowler misses as he got sent off against St Mudden .
Any news on Thomson being fit ? Could really do with him playing .

Ggtth

Amit
10-05-2014, 01:46 PM

Called it!

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2014, 03:04 PM

oh oh :(

the script was already written :agree: hibs teams are famous for it