PDA

View Full Version : In our hands

Ronaldo9
08-05-2014, 05:45 PM
How cringeworthy is the advert promoting the Kilmarnock game? Does anyone at the club realise how much of a laughing stock they are making us?

yeezus.
08-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Aye it just came up on my Facebook news feed, bit cringeworthy right enough!

Sean1875
08-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Makes it sound like its some sort of achievement that its still in our hands to avoid being in a play-off place for relegation.. embarassing

Onion
08-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Our situation is just so embarrassing, they're damned if they do anything, damned if they don't. That's the problem with online media, they're almost forced into saying something otherwise they get flamed.

As it is, the splash page smacks of marketing a match that should have been an non-event. Would have been better IMHO for them to issue a simple statement to Hibs fans recognising our situation and appealing for us to have faith in the players and management. To come along a roar the team forward to a vital win. But what do I know ?

Michael
08-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Well, it's better than "There's a chance!".

Leithenhibby
08-05-2014, 06:09 PM
How cringeworthy is the advert promoting the Kilmarnock game? Does anyone at the club realise how much of a laughing stock they are making us?

Like it or not, it'a a huge game for us and if the club don't try and drum it up then who will?..

We are where we are and we need to deal with it. It's a *****e position to be in for sure, but what do you want the club to do?

Frazerbob
08-05-2014, 06:09 PM
The marketing of Saturday's game is the least of my worries.

Onceinawhile
08-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Like it or not, it'a a huge game for us and if the club don't try and drum it up then who will?..

We are where we are and we need to deal with it. It's a *****e position to be in for sure, but what do you want the club to do?

Exactly. Club are trying to drum up a bigger support to help us ffs. I mean it's a wee bit cringey but it's hardly as cringey as the position we are in in the first place.

Ozyhibby
08-05-2014, 06:14 PM
It's not the marketing dept's fault we are so crap.
That entirely down to Rod Petrie and Terry Butcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leithenhibby
08-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Makes it sound like its some sort of achievement that its still in our hands to avoid being in a play-off place for relegation.. embarassing

I don't see it like that at all. It's a reminder that we are a bigger club than our position would suggest, but when we pull together (like clubs should do) it can work in our favour.

It's tough, and it's not pretty to watch but we seriously need one more huge push over the line. :agree:

iwasthere1972
08-05-2014, 06:19 PM
I like it. :aok: Straight to the point.

Don't know what the alternative would have been. Maybe 'We're Doomed' or 'Sorry fans we don't give a toss'

Too many negatives. He said that and he didn't say that.

Turn up on Saturday and support the team. We can't do anymore than that.

We know we're pish but we're a better class of pish than Killie.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Saorsa
08-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't see it like that at all. It's a reminder that we are a bigger club than our position would suggest, but when we pull together (like clubs should do) it can work in our favour.

It's tough, and it's not pretty to watch but we seriously need one more huge push over the line. :agree:Pity naebody telt the people who running the club that because we've been heading this way for long enough because of them running it like a mickey mouse club and they're the ones who have turned it in tae the ****in' mess it is now.

Pretty Boy
08-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Seems ok to me.

Too many people still focussed on where they think we should be and not where we actually are. Of course we shouldn't be in such a situation but we are, so deal with it.

It is in our hands and anyone who can make the game on Saturday should be there.

bingo70
08-05-2014, 06:28 PM
I like it. Much better than the terry butchers green and white army nonsense, now that is proper cringe.

The_Exile
08-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Ach, it was in our hands for the previous 18 weeks aswell!!! Can't believe how big this game is, genuinely terrified/excited/nervous, god knows how I'll feel if we manage to win it.

Coco Bryce
08-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Our marketing team for this season should get the bullet for the cringworthy guff they have bombarded us with this season.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Nowt wrong with it. :confused:

iwasthere1972
08-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Our marketing team for this season should get the bullet for the cringworthy guff they have bombarded us with this season.

You're right. I mean TBGWA. Half of them have gone AWOL and are being treated for depression.

yeezus.
08-05-2014, 06:42 PM
You're right. I mean TBGWA. Half of them have gone AWOL and are being treated for depression.

:faf :faf: I've got that "recruitment" leaflet up in my window still! :faf:

Coco Bryce
08-05-2014, 06:44 PM

Missing in action more like.

Leithenhibby
08-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Pity naebody telt the people who running the club that because we've been heading this way for long enough because of them running it like a mickey mouse club and they're the ones who have turned it in tae the ****in' mess it is now.

I would agree to an extent, but driving a wedge between club and fans is not the answer imo. Why too many negatives on this board for my liking.

Hibernian FC are a club, a way of life for some and kicking it when it's already down helps nobody..

It's time to pull together methinks

Saorsa
08-05-2014, 07:00 PM
I would agree to an extent, but driving a wedge between club and fans is not the answer imo. Why too many negatives on this board for my liking.

Hibernian FC are a club, a way of life for some and kicking it when it's already down helps nobody..

It's time to pull together methinksOnly one person I'm kicking and that's the **** responsible for this and I ken where I'd like tae drive the ****in' wedge. I'm backing the manager and the team. I dinnae need Petrie's PR or any crumby slogans tae tell me how tae support MY club, he's the one person responsible for all of this as far as I'm concerned, he's dragged this club doon tae where it is and he can GTF.

Jonnyboy
08-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Nothing wrong with it IMO. Factually correct.

Seems the club are criticised for every wee thing these days.

We're in a mess. They know that, we know that and we all have a handle on why

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2014, 07:35 PM
The marketing of Saturday's game is the least of my worries.

This........

Hamish
08-05-2014, 07:41 PM

:agree: If they hadn't issued a 'rallying call' they would have been given pelters on here.

matty_f
08-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Can everyone putting the boot into the club for every single ******* thing it does kindly f*** off please?

Thanks in advance.

matty_f
08-05-2014, 07:47 PM

:top marks

Pete
08-05-2014, 07:48 PM
At least it isn't #IOH

Saorsa
08-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Can everyone putting the boot into the club for every single ******* thing it does kindly f*** off please?

Thanks in advance.better give yersel a warning for telling other users tae **** off. :agree:

:na na:

Aaron
08-05-2014, 07:51 PM
The marketing could be much worse:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20050629/summer-e-catalogue_2241384_678861

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

matty_f
08-05-2014, 07:53 PM
better give yersel a warning for telling other users tae **** off. :agree:

:na na:

**** off. :greengrin:

CallumLaidlaw
08-05-2014, 07:56 PM

So true JB. It seems like people are trying to stick the knife into the club from all angles. If they'd said nothing, some would accuse them of not trying to get fans to such an important game.

We should be focusing ALL our energy on backing the club for 95 mins on Saturday.

Saorsa
08-05-2014, 07:56 PM
**** off. :greengrin::wink:

lobster
08-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Missed out 'Head' at the start

stevejordan
08-05-2014, 08:11 PM
seen it on face book another cash cow for Petrie to Milk if we are in the play offs his next trick will be purchase your season ticket and you get a ticket for the home play of game guaranteed at top price to boot.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 08:37 PM
seen it on face book another cash cow for Petrie to Milk if we are in the play offs his next trick will be purchase your season ticket and you get a ticket for the home play of game guaranteed at top price to boot.

Wow. Just wow.

Jonnyboy
08-05-2014, 08:44 PM

Jeezo what utter rubbish

Pretty Boy
08-05-2014, 08:46 PM

Going to give it a rest.

There's having an opinion, very welcome on here. Then there is giving the club a kick in at every opportunity which you seem to be absolutely revelling in.

ALF TUPPER
08-05-2014, 09:03 PM

Eh? Calm down Steve. You're better than this !

Leithenhibby
08-05-2014, 09:17 PM

Help ma boab - What chance do we have when we are up against this rubbish..........:wink:

Our club is bigger than RP believe it or not... :rolleyes:

erskine-hibby
08-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Could be worse it could read were f****d.
:-D

Ronaldo9
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Far to many hibs supporters are happy accept mediocrity. Until the attitude of the masses changes we will always be a big club that doesn't act like one.

iwasthere1972
08-05-2014, 09:25 PM

That's what Maurice suggested .

marinello59
08-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Far to many hibs supporters are happy accept mediocrity. Until the attitude of the masses changes we will always be a big club that doesn't act like one.

Really? I don't know any who are willing to accept mediocrity. None.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 09:26 PM
That's what Maurice suggested .

:greengrin

Steven_Hibs
08-05-2014, 09:28 PM

We are too soft. Even as fans. Instead if booing we should be doing a Newcastle and walking out in protest

davhibby
08-05-2014, 09:31 PM
We are too soft. Even as fans. Instead if booing we should be doing a Newcastle and walking out in protest

Aye, that was good for them when they had nothing to play for. Hibs need us now.

iwasthere1972
08-05-2014, 09:35 PM

What. In the 7th minute. Seemed a bit silly walking out on 69 minutes especially when winning. Half hearted. They would have been better just not turning up.

Pete
08-05-2014, 09:36 PM
We are too soft. Even as fans. Instead if booing we should be supporting the team and walking out when the game finishes

:agree:

Gerard
08-05-2014, 09:37 PM
There is no quick fix to the club playing losing football. It would be nice if we had a mega rich person who would give Hibs vast amounts of money. If that was the case the club could buy the best players and be successful. We need to accept that this is not the case at the moment:wink: We are all part of the Hibs family and we see the mess that we are in. If we manage to stay in the SPL give TB a chance to bring in his players and then see what he does.
If TB fails we are DD as I can not see any good manager touching us with a Sh stick, or anything else for that matter. On Saturday the players need to man up and win. No excuses are acceptable.

Ronaldo9
08-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Time and time again we get called on to back the team only to be made fools of by men who wouldn't get a game down leith links. Back the team? It's about time they gave us a reason to. Blind faith will only get us so far and we are way beyond that point!!

Pete
08-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Time and time again we get called on to back the team only to be made fools of by men who wouldn't get a game down leith links. Back the team? It's about time they gave us a reason to. Blind faith will only get us so far and we are way beyond that point!!

I think we're way beyond the point of taking a strop and withdrawing support.

Absolutely impeccable timing for such a realisation.

Ronaldo9
08-05-2014, 09:52 PM
I think we're way beyond the point of taking a strop and withdrawing support.

Absolutely impeccable timing for such a realisation.

Realised it months ago pal. I won't be there on Saturday in working. I don't want us to lose I think that would be a disaster.

Whether u want to admit it or not I am right. We are a club that is going backwards at a rate of knots and until we as fans refuse to put up with it any longer nothing will change.

Pete
08-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Realised it months ago pal. I won't be there on Saturday in working. I don't want us to lose I think that would be a disaster.

Whether u want to admit it or not I am right. We are a club that is going backwards at a rate of knots and until we as fans refuse to put up with it any longer nothing will change.

There are ways to go about things and more importantly, correct times. We need to pull together for one of the most important games in recent memory and we have talk of boycotts and walking out FFS!

I think fan power has forced changes. It binned Fenlon and probably influenced Petrie in his choice to step back and let the new CEO take over. I believe changes will happen but we just have to survive...and to do that we need to stick together for only one game (hopefully).

Greenblood70
08-05-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm always curious if these marketing campaigns have any quantifiable effect on the attendance, I suspect not. They certainly pass me by, you either go or you don't imo, so they don't really wind me up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
08-05-2014, 11:12 PM
That is ****ing embarrassing :faf:

Bobby's Cinema
08-05-2014, 11:21 PM
:agree: That is my take. I can't think of the words to describe it. I don't think this comes under the umbrella of 'sticking the boot into the club at any opportunity'. It's not a big deal. It just somewhat reinforces the disconnect.

Nutmegged
08-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Damned if the do and damned if they don't to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the Hibernian Board but its a huge game so you'd expect them to make a big deal of it.

If they didn't say anything then I'm sure we'd all be having a moan that they don't care or they've given up

The_Exile
08-05-2014, 11:23 PM
The caption would've looked better and more relevant on the Daffy gif IMO.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Unfortunately, it is the fact that our future is 'in the hands' of these clowns that worries me the most.

degenerated
09-05-2014, 06:29 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/09/qy5u4a8y.jpg

Ronniekirk
09-05-2014, 06:37 AM
Unfortunately, it is the fact that our future is 'in the hands' of these clowns that worries me the most.

There is a quote from a Eugenie Oneil book think it's called Misbegotten Moon

" there is no future ,only the past happening over and over again " that's what it feels a bit like at present with this management team .

But tomorrow is yet another opportunity for them to change that .

Moody D
09-05-2014, 06:42 AM

Mediocrity is a hell of a lot better than what has been served up the last 3 months

Ronniekirk
09-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Mediocrity is a hell of a lot better than what has been served up the last 3 months
Spot on ,and when we had Mediocracy under Fenlon there was a groundswell of option that we should be doing better and look where we are now .The question is have we hit rock bottom yet ,or has T B got one final war cry to rally the Troops in Fortress Easter Road to Victory when the odds are stacked against us and the media seem in a feeding frenzy ,salivating at the prospect of our fall from grace .
I really hope we turn it around as some of the media guys will be gutted .i think they want us down as they realise the interest it would generate in the Championship ,and also because we have been seen to revel in the cheats going down they see the irony in us joining them .

ALF TUPPER
09-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Cheers for the nervous tension Hibs !

Nailrod
09-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Can everyone putting the boot into the club for every single ******* thing it does kindly f*** off please? Thanks in advance.Actually, matty, I don't think there is even one single poster who is "putting the boot into the club for every single ******* thing it does".

But when a club seems to go out of its way to do so many things that are wrong, stupid, embarrassing, or counter-productive, it's hardly surprising that each individual item is picked on by some posters.

matty_f
09-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Actually, matty, I don't think there is even one single poster who is "putting the boot into the club for every single ******* thing it does".

But when a club seems to go out of its way to do so many things that are wrong, stupid, embarrassing, or counter-productive, it's hardly surprising that each individual item is picked on by some posters.

I completely disagree with your first sentence.

worcesterhibby
09-05-2014, 09:49 AM
A few things to cheer us all up

1) we are not in the play offs yet
2) Killi are pretty much as crap as we are so we have a chance
3) We have just signed up a new CEO who looks like she will make many changes for the better and has a great track record of success on and off the field.
4) By the law of averages we have to get a break soon..a goal deflected off someone knee, a soft penalty decision, something will go our way soon.
5) Last time we went down we got Sauzee and Latapy :wink:
6) The pubs will sell beer even if we get relegated
7) Sam Stanton is pretty good and he plays for us
8) Hearts have already been relegated
9) If you drink quite a lot and watch a really good film, you can actually forget about how crap we are for an hour and a half at a time.
10) If we do win at the weekend it will be the best feeling we have had all season (well as good as beating hearts in front of 20,000)
11) I've had a premonition that we are going to get an early goal for once.
12…Ok I made that last one up and I have now run out of stuff that's cheerful.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2014, 09:54 AM
I completely disagree with your first sentence.

As do I.

There are quite a few who have taken great delight in booting the club at every oppprtunity, including a couple who were noticeably absent during our all too brief good spell.

There's plenty to criticise right now, I'm by no means a happy clapper. Now isn't the time for division though, get everyone together for one huge game then we have a whole summer to pick over the bones of this season.

FranckSuzy
09-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Right, here it goes:

the grass is too green. Petrie :grr:
the pies are too round. Petrie :grr:
Easter road is not actually on Easter Road. Petrie :grr:
the shop is shut/open/crap/expensive. Petrie :grr:
BTG is shut/open/crap/expensive. Petrie :grr:
Tam McCourt laughed once. Petrie :grr:
MM said a bad word. Petrie :grr:
TB had a non-Hibs tie on. Petrie :grr:
KT left and returned. Petrie :grr:
The marketing department are a bunch of Jeffers. Petrie :grr:

Think about covers it. Phew.

The Sea-gull
09-05-2014, 10:22 AM
The promotion and marketing coming out of Hibs has been rotten for years now. I mean about 20! Folk only complain about rotten marketing material when the team is rotten. The whole TBGWA stuff stinks but if we were doing well at best the fans would acclaim it and at worst it would be ignored.

Fix the football team and the other stuff goes largely unnoticed.

I haven't seen the "It's in our hands" stuff for this weekend but really, like with a lot of things the club is damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they didn't do anything they would be accused of not doing anything.

Personally I think a better tact would have been an email and/or web statement coming out in the manager's and/or players' names saying something along the lines of "We are sorry. We haven't been good enough. We have let you down but we are all determined to get the win we need on Saturday and we'll have a much better chance of doing this if you are there giving us your support."

Even then, they would just get slated for giving lip service and we are past the words stage now, they just have to do something they have only done 8 times this season, win a bl00dy match.

silverhibee
09-05-2014, 10:40 AM
So true JB. It seems like people are trying to stick the knife into the club from all angles. If they'd said nothing, some would accuse them of not trying to get fans to such an important game.

We should be focusing ALL our energy on backing the club for 95 mins on Saturday.

And when tomorrow comes we will Callum, you know that and so do i, the fans will be behind the team from the very start and give the players the backing they need, from the first whistle the place will be bouncing with the fans trying to drive the team on with our support, we will do our bit there is no doubt about that, it is down to the players to produce a performance that will win the game and they will be cheered all the way from the stands if they get the victory.

Here is the thing though, the fans have done there bit this season and yet we find our self's in a position that is totally unacceptable and the finger cannot be pointed at us, WIN LOSE or DRAW there should be thousands of fans at the West stand after the game to let the people running our club know that we are far from happy about the way things are going with our club, we have to make a stance at some point and tomorrow may be our last chance to get these points over that the way our club is going is simply not good enough, bottom six or relegation battles is not what we want to see season after season and the buck stops with Rod Petrie, it is IN OUR HANDS to do something about it and STAND UP AND BE COUNTED and let the people running OUR CLUB know that we are not SOFT TOUCHES, something has to be done before we do eventually end up playing in the Championship League and all we can do is make it clear tomorrow afternoon after the game that there had better be big improvements at this club next season, a good start would be the removal of Rod Petrie leaving the club and letting LD have full control of getting this club back up where we should be, because we certainly shouldn't be in this position that we find ourself's in just now. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Sorry for the we rant Callum. :greengrin

silverhibee
09-05-2014, 10:42 AM

Keeping that one for full time tomorrow. :greengrin

Nailrod
09-05-2014, 10:44 AM
How cringeworthy is the advert promoting the Kilmarnock game? Does anyone at the club realise how much of a laughing stock they are making us?They could certainly have come up with something a bit more imaginative.

I'm seeing... "Can we finally put this playoff nonsense to bed please?"

:duck:

Captain Trips
09-05-2014, 10:46 AM
And when tomorrow comes we will Callum, you know that and so do i, the fans will be behind the team from the very start and give the players the backing they need, from the first whistle the place will be bouncing with the fans trying to drive the team on with our support, we will do our bit there is no doubt about that, it is down to the players to produce a performance that will win the game and they will be cheered all the way from the stands if they get the victory.

Here is the thing though, the fans have done there bit this season and yet we find our self's in a position that is totally unacceptable and the finger cannot be pointed at us, WIN LOSE or DRAW there should be thousands of fans at the West stand after the game to let the people running our club know that we are far from happy about the way things are going with our club, we have to make a stance at some point and tomorrow may be our last chance to get these points over that the way our club is going is simply not good enough, bottom six or relegation battles is not what we want to see season after season and the buck stops with Rod Petrie, it is IN OUR HANDS to do something about it and STAND UP AND BE COUNTED and let the people running OUR CLUB know that we are not SOFT TOUCHES, something has to be done before we do eventually end up playing in the Championship League and all we can do is make it clear tomorrow afternoon after the game that there had better be big improvements at this club next season, a good start would be the removal of Rod Petrie leaving the club and letting LD have full control of getting this club back up where we should be, because we certainly shouldn't be in this position that we find ourself's in just now. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Indeed what people say on here isn't what they say at games. The team always get my support in person.

Good post.

silverhibee
09-05-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm always curious if these marketing campaigns have any quantifiable effect on the attendance, I suspect not. They certainly pass me by, you either go or you don't imo, so they don't really wind me up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2014, 11:18 AM

No probs. :-)
I do agree with you. I still think tho that no matter WHAT the club does, people are waiting to stick the knife in. You've seen yourself people gloating on here when they are right about something negative that's happened. Whether it be choice of manager, player, first 11, etc.

shearer1981
09-05-2014, 11:43 AM
just sent the below to the board. Dont get me wrong i'll be in Sec 43 tomorrow screaming my support until I cant breathe but unless we tell the board how we feel together and threaten to take away that which they covet most (cash) then will we get change?

What an embarrassment!! You are proud of the position? Proud that we are a laughing stock and yet you pay someone to put a positive spin on this with marketing…..have you no shame! We cannot afford Adam Rooney’s wages even though we are the worst in the league and should by rights be bottom of the league yet you pay a marketing firm to churn this sh*t out…..absolute shambles the lot of you!!

The image coming from the club generally is fans please keep giving us cash for under achieving. Are we proud its IN OUR HANDS???

Make no mistake….your business does not have a good product and it has VERY unhappy customers who are being taunted regularly due to the embarrassing actions of your staff. Fix it and do it right or you’ll playing to empty green seats next season make no mistake.

silverhibee
09-05-2014, 11:56 AM
No probs. :-)
I do agree with you. I still think tho that no matter WHAT the club does, people are waiting to stick the knife in. You've seen yourself people gloating on here when they are right about something negative that's happened. Whether it be choice of manager, player, first 11, etc.

True.

It's not been pretty on here for a while that's for sure, the point scoring by some is not nice, but we all want the same thing, "hopefully" :greengrin and i am pretty sure we will all (the fans that go) put it all behind us for tomorrow and get behind the team for the 90+ minutes and roar them on to victory.

The inquest in too how we have got in this position should start after the final whistle at the West stand tomorrow after the game.

No matter what the score is (as long as it's a Hibs victory :greengrin) this has got to be one of the worst seasons i have had watching Hibs, totally unacceptable and i hope folk don't forget that when we win tomorrow and they get round to the West and let the man in charge (Rod Petrie) know how we all feel, as no Hibs supporter can say there has been anything good from this season.

:flag: :tbgwa: :flag:

Jonnyboy
09-05-2014, 07:17 PM

:agree: That is my take. I can't think of the words to describe it. I don't think this comes under the umbrella of 'sticking the boot into the club at any opportunity'. It's not a big deal. It just somewhat reinforces the disconnect.

Would you two young gentlemen care to elaborate on why you think a factual statement is embarrassing?

Actually, matty, I don't think there is even one single poster who is "putting the boot into the club for every single ******* thing it does".

Do you honestly believe Hibs go out of their way to get things wrong?

Pete
09-05-2014, 08:53 PM

I disagree with the first part of your second paragraph.

GodisaHibee
09-05-2014, 09:14 PM
An absolute embarrassment . What the hell?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GodisaHibee
09-05-2014, 09:16 PM
In YOUR hands numb n&ts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD