PDA

View Full Version : The team that beat Killie 3-0 at Christmas...

3pm
08-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Cairney
Robertson
Craig
Stevenson

Collins
Cummings

The only one who we'd say isn't playing is Hanlon. There's question marks over a few (Cairney for example) but the spine of the team is there.

Nae excuses. They've done it once, they can do it again.

Scorrie
08-05-2014, 11:53 AM
I'd be showing them a video of that game this week saying you've done it before so go do it again

greenpaper55
08-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Killie were on a good run then and we were worthy winners that day, lets hope history repeats itself.

Mr White
08-05-2014, 12:27 PM
They'd just won 4 nil at tynecastle. They've just lost 5 nil there. It's a strange wee league.

HibsNutter
08-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Should Stanton really be dropped?

Mr White
08-05-2014, 12:39 PM

Definitely. Since paul hanlon has recovered from injury way quicker than expected he's going to play his favoured role in holding midfield.

Postman
08-05-2014, 12:39 PM

What has he actually done recently to not be dropped? Definitely has potential but also not delivering right now

Mr White
08-05-2014, 12:42 PM
What has he actually done recently to not be dropped? Definitely has potential but also not delivering right now

:hilarious

calumhibee1

Scored the equaliser against partick.. Stanton has been one of our better players every week since he came in to the team.

Gettin' Auld

Scored against Partick? At least that laddie gives 100% every game and it looks like he actually cares.

dmc1875
08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Scored against Partick? At least that laddie gives 100% every game and it looks like he actually cares.

He does, but I don't think anyone is immune from the drop. He has been caught in possession badly a couple of times too that could have led to goals.

It might be an idea to drop him down to the bench and play the same team we played against Killie at ER.

I can see the reasoning in both starting him or having him on the bench 2bh

Postman
08-05-2014, 12:49 PM
I think there is too much expectation on him right now and its too much for him at this stage of his career. He has been a major part of a team that is on the worst run I can remember yet its unthinkable that he doesn't get selected?

ChicagoHibee
08-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Don't worry, Hibs got this.

I beat Killie 4-1 in Football Manager last night. I emailed Butcher my 4-4-2 formation and secret tactics, I expect similar results.

Gettin' Auld
08-05-2014, 12:54 PM
I think there is too much expectation on him right now and its too much for him at this stage of his career. He has been a major part of a team that is on the worst run I can remember yet its unthinkable that he doesn't get selected?
If you're using that as a criteria, you wouldn't have many players left to choose from as that applies to the majority of the team....

Postman
08-05-2014, 01:00 PM
If you're using that as a criteria, you wouldn't have many players left to choose from as that applies to the majority of the team....

There are not 11 players at the club right now who are worthy of a place unfortunately and I do rate Stanton. Just feel that the current expectation of him whilst so young is doing him no good. Guys like him and Harris are simply not delivering and for me i'd go with older heads for this game, if available.

Gettin' Auld
08-05-2014, 01:08 PM
There are not 11 players at the club right now who are worthy of a place unfortunately and I do rate Stanton. Just feel that the current expectation of him whilst so young is doing him no good. Guys like him and Harris are simply not delivering and for me i'd go with older heads for this game, if available.
I mostly agree with you and i'd like us to select a team of experienced fighters, but we seem to be lacking in that department and needs must at the moment. I wouldn't select Harris, but i'd keep Stanton in the team.

Anyway, so long as we win on saturday that's all that matters.

:thumbsup:

Juice-Terry
08-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Stanton was terrible at Dingwall. Just saying likesay.

Bobby's Cinema
08-05-2014, 01:13 PM
He does, but I don't think anyone is immune from the drop. He has been caught in possession badly a couple of times too that could have led to goals.

It might be an idea to drop him down to the bench and play the same team we played against Killie at ER.

I can see the reasoning in both starting him or having him on the bench 2bh
:bitchy: Crazy.

dmc1875
08-05-2014, 01:37 PM
:bitchy: Crazy.

What exactly is crazy about suggesting starting the same team that did so well against Killie before?

All I said is I can see reasoning for both sides.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 01:44 PM

He's one of the last players we should be dropping. Sam is one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Been one of the main positives to come out of a horrific season.

He scored against Partick and we would probably be on a slightly worse state without his few goals. He always gives 110% and is Hibs through and through.

Bronson
08-05-2014, 01:57 PM

Madness. However, you are entitled to your wrong opinion.

The_Horde
08-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Get Stanton playing wide. I've been saying it for weeks! The last time we scored decent goals sammy delivered the ball from wide areas. (Haynes killie header, watmore against Partick) it also will take some of the pressure off him to produce and let him play higher up the park.

Robertson and Craig in the middle with Cairney on the right.

Bobby's Cinema
08-05-2014, 02:09 PM
What exactly is crazy about suggesting starting the same team that did so well against Killie before?

All I said is I can see reasoning for both sides.
It's not as simple as that though is it. The situation is entirely different. These same players are not performing.

I don't think dropping our best performer over the last however many months in a relegation play-off decider is very smart. He is one of the few that can create and is prepared to take a shot on. To not see his name in the starting 11 on Saturday would be ludicrous, imo.

Mathias Jack
08-05-2014, 02:10 PM
For the record, we're Killie's bogey team. In the last 10 games...won 6, drawn 3, lost 1

Gives me some kind of hope...

Centre Hawf
08-05-2014, 02:39 PM
I see what people are saying with Stanton in that his form has dipped. But he's still the only one that looks like doing something.

Id have him beside Robertson. Stevenson LM and Watmore/Cairney RM. With Cummings and Handling up top. But this time play the ball into their ******g feet.

Postman
08-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Madness. However, you are entitled to your wrong opinion.

You're right, its madness to think about resting one of the key creators in such a free scoring side...

hfc rd
08-05-2014, 02:55 PM
For the record, we're Killie's bogey team. In the last 10 games...won 6, drawn 3, lost 1

Gives me some kind of hope...

True. Don't think we have lost to them in our last 5-6 games. That does give me a wee bit of hope.

Bronson
08-05-2014, 04:41 PM
You're right, its madness to think about resting one of the key creators in such a free scoring side...

I can only imagine you haven't been to many games in a while, the boy's been the only good thing to happen this season and is probably one of our main goal threats since our strikers canny hit a barn door.

Franck Stanton
08-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Stanton is undoubtedly a talented player, however...he was honking against PT [goal apart] he didn't contribute much. Followed up wit a poor display v RC

Michael
08-05-2014, 05:08 PM
I thought Stanton was okay against RC.

Stevenson was the best player (IMO) against RC and was brilliant in the Christmas Killie game. He's a must pick!

Nevi_SOL
08-05-2014, 05:45 PM
We need as many hibs fans ( players only) in the squad as possible.

Postman
09-05-2014, 06:12 AM
I can only imagine you haven't been to many games in a while, the boy's been the only good thing to happen this season and is probably one of our main goal threats since our strikers canny hit a barn door.

We have no goal threats right now and I'm a season ticket holder in the East but you imagine what you like

nribs
09-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Cairney
Robertson
Craig
Stevenson

Collins
Cummings

The only one who we'd say isn't playing is Hanlon. There's question marks over a few (Cairney for example) but the spine of the team is there.

Nae excuses. They've done it once, they can do it again.what was the Killie line up vs the likely Killie line up on Saturday?

Bronson
09-05-2014, 01:18 PM
We have no goal threats right now and I'm a season ticket holder in the East but you imagine what you like

He's one of our only ones which is one of many reasons why he must play.

emerald green
09-05-2014, 06:56 PM
They'd just won 4 nil at tynecastle. They've just lost 5 nil there. It's a strange wee league.

Strange indeed. Yams beat Partick 4-2 at Firhill a few weeks ago. Then lose by the same score at the Wongadome the other night.