PDA

View Full Version : Watmore up front

spike220
08-05-2014, 08:22 AM
We need to try something a bit different and roll the dice I think. No risk no reward.

I'd put Cummings up front with Watmore.

Craig, Stanton, Robertson, Harris and behind them.

Not sure who at the back though.

Watmore has pace and just ask him to run at them with the ball.

I think he would be a handful and needs to go on at the start.

Bring Collins on later to close out the game when we are 3-0 up :greengrin.

Any other ideas (we cant go on as we have been).

We need to cause Killie as many problems as possible. We need to mix it up a bit.

Michael.

Saorsa
08-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Everybody up front :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Played up front a lot for Altrincham. :agree:

Bostonhibby
08-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Everybody up front :agree:

And Petrie in the bean counter role for his farewell appearance?

nribs
08-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Played up front a lot for Altrincham. :agree:
Did he score often ?

Saorsa
08-05-2014, 08:30 AM
And Petrie in the bean counter role for his farewell appearance?I prefer never tae see his smug pus ever again starting now TBH

Bostonhibby
08-05-2014, 08:31 AM
I prefer never tae see his smug pus again starting now TBH

Not even to collect all the coins that will get chucked on the pitch if we don't beat Killie - knows his finances does our Rod :wink:

Saorsa
08-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Not even to collect all the coins that will get chucked on the pitch if we don't beat Killie - knows his finances does our Rod :wink:Kens how tae cut costs tae pay for his mistakes anyway, is that the same thing? Must think small crowds = miar dosh because he's been doing well at that too.

If I was throwing anything at him, it wouldnae be money, done enough of that already.

Matty_Jack04
08-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Watmore and Collins upfront, I'd also maybe try cairney instead of Craig and I'd spend the week testing mcpake and if fit him instead of Nelson, I think mcgivern at CH would be a good shout as well and keep Forster at RB with Stevenson LB

Big game to be trying different things though I'm expecting the same side but I agree changes are needed...have been for a while

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Did he score often ?

14 goals in 39 games.

Bostonhibby
08-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Kens how tae cut costs tae pay for his mistakes anyway, is that the same thing? Must think small crowds = miar dosh because he's been doing well at that too.

If I was throwing anything at him, it wouldnae be money, done enough of that already.

Certainly spent a fair chunk of money paying of assorted managers and buying up the contracts of their duff signings I agree - even I am now in the time for a big change at board level camp - leaving it til after the crucial 3 games I fear we now have to face.

Back on subject - Watmore up front? why not, as long as we remember to play someone up there with him in a game we need to win. Theres nae point in launching hoofballs at him either. Problem with him is that he is not made for this sort of game. Killie will try to muscle him out of the game as he is a tricky player - will the ref do anything to prevent it?:faf::no way:

davym7062
08-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Collins has to start with Cummings and watmore in place of Harris. 2 small strikers is nae good to our hoofball style of play

Saorsa
08-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Back on subject - Watmore up front? why not, as long as we remember to play someone up there with him in a game we need to win. Theres nae point in launching hoofballs at him either. Problem with him is that he is not made for this sort of game. Killie will try to muscle him out of the game as he is a tricky player - will the ref do anything to prevent it?:faf::no way:I agree with you on all three points, make that four if you count the one about the ref. Whoever we play up front (and we need tae play two), there's nae point in launching hoofballs at them because it disnae suit any of them.

Ronniekirk
08-05-2014, 08:59 AM
We need to try something a bit different and roll the dice I think. No risk no reward.

We need to cause Killie as many problems as possible. We need to mix it up a bit.

Michael.
Between them they have scored one goal .Think we have to accept that best chance is from set pieces and Stanton and Craig. As proven scorers if we get anything from Cummings it's a bonus but we can't rely on him We need deliver from corners and Cairney for me has to come into contention for that if he is fit as we are floating high balls in and hoping as opposed to whipping crosses in for someone to attack the ball with the head

PeeJay
08-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Personally I wouldn't have Watmore on the pitch at all: how about something even more radical? Nelson and Foster up front - our "attack" is toothless and useless, it has nothing on these guys at set balls, seems to me they have our best chances in most games - so, "defenders" to the front, "forwards" to the rear, we'll stop the slide downwards and start moving upwards ...
Killie will be unsettled by our tactical switch, they'll think Butcher has a plan, at last, could give us an advantage .... :yw:

JimBHibees
08-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Collins has to start with Cummings and watmore in place of Harris. 2 small strikers is nae good to our hoofball style of play

Agree Davy need two strikers though personally would have Harris instead of Watmore as think he is a better player though has struggled we certainly need to put pressure on a defence Hearts knocked five past last weekend.

jakeshibs
08-05-2014, 10:34 AM

Michael.

I like this idea.... pace and can score..

CorrieHibs
08-05-2014, 10:56 AM

Michael.

Been saying for weeks to play Watmore up front. Think it's a good idea as he has the pace and is very direct......however I don't think TB will play him there.

spike220
08-05-2014, 09:49 PM
14 goals in 39 games.

Gotta be worth a crack?

Johnny_Leith
09-05-2014, 03:19 AM
Watmore was poor against County, keep him on the bench. Harris has shown he can perform in big games before, Falkirk anyone??

California-Hibs
09-05-2014, 03:57 AM
Watmore was poor against County, keep him on the bench. Harris has shown he can perform in big games before, Falkirk anyone??

Lives off that game.

GreenLake
09-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Lives off that game.

Me too and the recording of the New Year derby I kept on my TiVo! :agree:

Sad times.

PeterboroHibee
09-05-2014, 07:58 AM

None of our strikers are suited to playing hoofball. Height isnt necessarily a problem as there can be other attributes that allow you to deal with long balls (pace, strength etc), but its been painfully obvious we cant play like that. There are also issues because Butcher persisted with it for so long that the confidence of all the strikers is so low, they are snatching at chances and missing what should be easy goals.

In this game Id personally be going with Cummings and Collins up front. I think ideally we are suited to playing 4231 with the players available, and with Stanton in the no.10 role, but he doesnt seem to get played there enough and wouldnt see enough of the ball.

spike220
09-05-2014, 08:50 AM
When is Caldwell available?