PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig upfront

Waxy
08-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Is he not one of our top scorers? Get him up front with Collins. We've tried everything else.

Cabbage East
08-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Have you not seen how many sitters this boy has missed?

Pete
08-05-2014, 07:34 AM
I don't think he'd be much use up top.

Juice-Terry
08-05-2014, 07:34 AM
McPake upfront.

carnoustiehibee
08-05-2014, 07:36 AM
If we're starting to get silly I'd have OTJ upfront with Cummings instead.

Ronniekirk
08-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Is he not one of our top scorers? Get him up front with Collins. We've tried everything else.
But that was before butcher started playing him out position and playing him too deep .In last few games he has started to be more offensive but again too little too late as confidence has gone .but we do need to utilise that part of his game for the playoffs if that's where we end up .

jacomo
08-05-2014, 09:42 AM
I think no.10 is Liam Craig's best position - playing behind the striker. Didn't he do this for St J?

He's not a winger, if he plays too deep he does little apart from attempt first time looping balls up front, but he can score a goal. At least, he has scored goals in the past.

HH81
08-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Left back (in the changing rooms) is where i would have him.

GreenLake
08-05-2014, 01:13 PM
He is slow but might latch onto a rebound for shots. Would rather play Forster off Cummings and put Craig in back four.

R11Loaded
08-05-2014, 03:55 PM
I'd play him in a free role tbh, and give the armband to McPake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nutmegged
08-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Liam Craig is a huge part of Hibs problem, the boy has some talent and has scored some what seem to be now vital goals but he isn't as good as first Pat Fenlon rated him and he isn't as good as Terry Butcher seemingly rates him.

we screwed around with system after system looking for a way to fit him into the team and the ends simply don't justify the means in my opinion.

Pete
08-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Liam Craig is a huge part of Hibs problem, the boy has some talent and has scored some what seem to be now vital goals but he isn't as good as first Pat Fenlon rated him and he isn't as good as Terry Butcher seemingly rates him.

we screwed around with system after system looking for a way to fit him into the team and the ends simply don't justify the means in my opinion.

He certainly hasn't been part of any recent problems and by that I mean results. He's played really well recently no matter what's been asked of him.

Nutmegged
08-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Peter I think he's played well too quite a lot of the time, the problem I felt more so earlier in the season that the system we played was driven for him not to fail but the team as a whole suffered as a consequence

Pete
08-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Peter I think he's played well too quite a lot of the time, the problem I felt more so earlier in the season that the system we played was driven for him not to fail but the team as a whole suffered as a consequence

I think answers will come next season. Butcher rates him in some capacity but it will be interesting to see if he is kept on.

He strikes me as a player who performs best in a 4-4-2 but I don't think that's Terrys prefered formation.

Keith_M
08-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Let's examine the statistics:

Here's the games played/goals scored for our strikers

James Collins 39/6
Paul Heffernan 19/4
Ross Caldwell 3/0
Jason Cummings 15/0

Out of that bunch, Only Collins has scored more than Forster, who's actually a defender

Jordon Forster 29/4

....and we have a midfielder as highest scorer...

Liam Craig 39/9

Nutmegged
08-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Let's examine the statistics:

Here's the games played/goals scored for our strikers

James Collins 39/6
Paul Heffernan 19/4
Ross Caldwell 3/0
Jason Cummings 15/0

Out of that bunch, Only Collins has scored more than Forster, who's actually a defender

Jordon Forster 29/4

....and we have a midfielder as highest scorer...

Liam Craig 39/9

To be fair to him, ever single goal he's scored has been decisive and had a direct influence on how the games went.

ehf
08-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Why not play Malpas up front? He probably won't score, but at least it will stop him from brawling with the fans behind the dug-out.

ALF TUPPER
08-05-2014, 06:31 PM
McPake upfront.

Yes. Was a striker in the past. :agree: That would confuse Killie. ( and us ) Its worth a punt. We are too predictable)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 06:39 PM
A lot of uncalled for criticism towards Craig, IMO.

Support the guy instead of slating him. Especially at a time like this. :aok:

col02
08-05-2014, 06:43 PM
But for Liams goals we would be relegated already perhaps. His form dipped when Robertson picked up his injury. Let's hope our skipper finishes the season with a strong performance.