PDA

View Full Version : I swear, if he dares to play 1 up front..

California-Hibs
07-05-2014, 11:18 PM
It might honestly put me over the edge! Surely he won't do this, I mean....surely!

2 up top is vital on Saturday. I don't care which two, infact Collins and Cummings would be my choice, but we need folk up top to support each other!!

dmc1875
07-05-2014, 11:23 PM
He will play one up front, with one playing behind. IMO there is no chance that he will play two up top.

beensaidbefore
07-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Id go for 6 up front. A 4-0-6, would suit the type of football we play. surely Boyd couldn't save them then!

Long Time Hibee
07-05-2014, 11:33 PM
What's happened to Paul Heffernan????? Surely a bit of experience and an eye for goal?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 12:01 AM
What's happened to Paul Heffernan????? Surely a bit of experience and an eye for goal?

He got injured in the warm up vs Aberdeen and still ain't recovered.

Ronniekirk
08-05-2014, 05:33 AM
He got injured in the warm up vs Aberdeen and still ain't recovered.

Were Jinxed

Sumner
08-05-2014, 05:43 AM
4-4-1-1

Thats what TB will play.. waaay short of attacking football.. MUST score first or thats it over.. imho Killie will try to do what St.Mirren did - score really quickly & watch Hibs implode.

Please 4-4-2 for Saturday, GO ALL OUT for first goal

Aldo
08-05-2014, 05:55 AM
4-4-1-1 Thats what TB will play.. waaay short of attacking football.. MUST score first or thats it over.. imho Killie will try to do what St.Mirren did - score really quickly & watch Hibs implode. Please 4-4-2 for Saturday, GO ALL OUT for first goal

Killie will come and park the bus as the pressure is all on us!!!!!

We need to come out of the traps firing on all cylinders and take the game to them.

By all accounts we were unlucky against PT with their keeper playing a blinder.

Players need to go out and play like it's their last ever game and their lives depend on it.

Simple really ... GO OUT AND WIN.

Fwiw I would play Collins and Cummings up top on Sat...... It's a must.

pontius pilate
08-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Williams
Forster
macpake
mcgivern
Stevenson
Thomson
watmore
stanton
handling
harris
collins
4-1-4-1
Attacking and youth in the final third and just ******g go for it

1two
08-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Williams

Forster
Mcpake
Mcgivern
Stevenson

Thomson
Robertson

Watmore
Cairney

Cummings
Collins

davym7062
08-05-2014, 06:35 AM
I can't see us keepin a clean sheet which means we need 2 goals. That's a big ask for our strikers.

Onion
08-05-2014, 06:39 AM
I can't see us keepin a clean sheet which means we need 2 goals. That's a big ask for our strikers.

Apart from Hibs scoring, the most worrying thing for me is that Killie have just won a game so that monkey's off their backs. We've forgotten what it feels like, or at least I have :rolleyes:

There is nothing, and I mean literally nothing, that suggests Hibs have what it takes to win Sat's match. We must go into that game as rank outsiders.

J-C
08-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Pretty sure Thomsons season is over

Steve20
08-05-2014, 06:50 AM
He will play 1 up front, no doubt about it.

He'll probably play for the draw, then claim it's a good confidence boost going into the playoffs.

jodjam
08-05-2014, 07:00 AM

He'll probably play for the draw, then claim it's a good confidence boost going into the playoffs.

No he wont

davym7062
08-05-2014, 07:00 AM
Could really do with Boyd bein out injured

Www1875hfc
08-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Could really do with Boyd bein out injured

Got taken off last night as a precaution when he suffered an injury.
Keeping him for Saturday.
An old fashioned centre half should let him know early doors that he's in a game. Take him out early.

Sadly,we are far too soft to realise that.

Pete
08-05-2014, 07:13 AM
4-2-3-1 done correctly is just as offensive as 4-4-2.

Red herring/another excuse to put the boot in.

timewilltell
08-05-2014, 07:40 AM
I fear for us, not just for this season but our future. Given both Hearts and Rangers are in the Championship relegation will be catastrophic for us.

No matter the formation on Saturday we don't have the bottle for the fight, we just don't.

There has been nothing, and I mean nothing for months now to suggest we are capable of winning on Saturday.

jodjam
08-05-2014, 07:43 AM

Correct. If the 2 wide guys in the 3 have pace it's more attacking.

lapsedhibee
08-05-2014, 08:00 AM
I fear for us, not just for this season but our future. Given both Hearts and Rangers are in the Championship relegation will be catastrophic for us.

What makes you think that Hearts, with their new realistic budget, will have any relevance to the top of the Championship next year? :confused:

flash
08-05-2014, 08:05 AM

Away and bile yer miserable heid.

chrisski33
08-05-2014, 08:10 AM
What makes you think that Hearts, with their new realistic budget, will have any relevance to the top of the Championship next year? :confused:

Well theyve shown more fight and spirit than our lot have and seem to care more about their club than.our players are showing! The fact thay they have got more points than us if you took the -15 points away is depressing

Pete
08-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Well theyve shown more fight and spirit than our lot have and seem to care more about their club than.our players are showing! The fact thay they have got more points than us if you took the -15 points away is depressing

If you add 80 points to our total we would be champions.

Does that feel better?

And "our lot" will be different next season regardless of the division.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 08:17 AM

If they weren't deducted -15 points, they would be above us

SMAXXA
08-05-2014, 08:24 AM

Does that feel better?

As much as some can go la la la la la I'm not listening.......the guys correct in what he is saying, why come out with a stupid comment like that.

:confused:

Pete
08-05-2014, 08:33 AM
As much as some can go la la la la la I'm not listening.......the guys correct in what he is saying, why come out with a stupid comment like that.

Saying "if they weren't deducted 15 points" is stupid in my opinion.

It's as pointless as thinking about my 80 point scenario.

I hope that clears up your confusion.

Alfred E Newman
08-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Butcher will stick with one up front as usual. As the game runs away from us will change to 2 up and in the last 5 mins stick the Admiral up front.
He doesn't know any other way.

SMAXXA
08-05-2014, 08:41 AM

Hows that stupid? They've earned the points to overcome the 15 they were deducted it's as simple as that. 80 points is irrelevant as no one has achieved that out with Celtic so your point is irrelevant.

I shouldn't get confused with some ***** posted on here right enough, I should know better.

number 27
08-05-2014, 08:43 AM

Presumably the point being made was that what is widely regarded as the worst Hearts team in years will have won more points than us over the season. This seems to me to be a perfectly valid point to make since it underlines quite starkly just how badly we have performed. Your 80 point scenario on the other hand was imbecilic.

I'm sure we all get it now, you are relaxed, you will still follow Hibs no matter what, everything is ok etc. Surely you can also understand why others among us are feeling a little upset and let down?

chrisski33
08-05-2014, 08:44 AM

Does that feel better?

Errrr no! Your missing the point

bighairyfaeleith
08-05-2014, 08:45 AM
All over twitter that butcher didn't go to killie game last night, instead went to an awards ceremony in Southampton. Budgie giving him hell for it.

Have to say I think he should have been taking that game in and then been at East mains first thing today prepping for Saturday

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

MrRobot
08-05-2014, 08:45 AM

Williams
Maybury Forster McPake Stevenson
Thomson
Robertson Craig
Stanton
Cummings Collins

I'd quite fancy that team.

easty
08-05-2014, 08:46 AM

You're right. It's the same **** chat we had about "if Hibs didn't have Griffiths goals they'd have been relegated". Well, we did have the goals and we weren't relegated.

Doesn't matter about ifs and buts, they were deducted 15 points and are relegated. Talking about how they'd be safe without the points deduction means nothing.

Finbar
08-05-2014, 08:47 AM
We need to start the game as if there was 5 minutes to go. Throw everything at them, we need an early goal.

SMAXXA
08-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Williams
Maybury Forster McPake Stevenson
Thomson
Robertson Craig
Stanton
Cummings Collins

I'd quite fancy that team.

Thomos injured

SMAXXA
08-05-2014, 08:48 AM
You're right. It's the same **** chat we had about "if Hibs didn't have Griffiths goals they'd have been relegated". Well, we did have the goals and we weren't relegated.

Doesn't matter about ifs and buts, they were deducted 15 points and are relegated. Talking about how they'd be safe without the points deduction means nothing.

I think the point was more about our failings than then being safe

bighairyfaeleith
08-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Thomos injured

Really? ******* if true

TAHibby
08-05-2014, 08:50 AM
4-3-3. Forster, Mcpake and Cummings up front. Continue what we've been doing all season and play "direct"...

bighairyfaeleith
08-05-2014, 08:53 AM
4-3-3. Forster, Mcpake and Cummings up front. Continue what we've been doing all season and play "direct"...

Two defenders up front, bit early for the vino no?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 08:54 AM
What if he does play one up front though? :boo hoo:

The Sea-gull
08-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Not really sure about all the talk about Hearts and if they never had -15 etc. Granted they have shown a bit of pride, passion and indeed some skill and quality of late but I am pretty sure if they had the 15 points and were going into the business end of the season with a chance of staying up, based on results and performances up until they were basically relegated, they would probably have still gone down this year. They have only started performing once the pressure was removed. Football is often as much about the mental side as the physical.

I'm just embarrassed as to where we are in the league and have been for 4 years now. The fact that they are above us with a depleted squad and a 15 point head start is embarrassing but take that away and I'm still disgusted with where we are.

We can still avoid the play off though. If we get behind the team, we can beat Killie. I'm not saying we will, nobody can say that but starnger things, far bigger surprise results have happened in football. Even if we don't win on Saturday we can win the play off.

MrRobot
08-05-2014, 09:37 AM
What if he does play one up front though? :boo hoo:

Then I think we're screwed.

Unseen work
08-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Cummings has done everything but score, he's coming closer and closer

Killie would be perfect

jacomo
08-05-2014, 10:21 AM

:agree:

J-C
08-05-2014, 10:47 AM
This would be my team
Williams
Forster McPake McGivern Stevenson
Robertson OTJ
Watmore Stanton Craig
Cummings

greenforgo
08-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Surely he will play 2 up top on sat?

southsider
08-05-2014, 07:14 PM
He should but doubt he will. Never done it last week in a must win game.

greenforgo
08-05-2014, 07:15 PM
He should but doubt he will. Never done it last week in a must win game. could do with the heff being back

southsider
08-05-2014, 07:22 PM
could do with the heff being back
It was strange that Heff picked up such a serious injury in the warm up before the Aberdeen game that has ruled him out since. I think he and Butcher have had a fall out and he will not under any circumstances be part of a Butcher side again.

greenforgo
08-05-2014, 07:25 PM
It was strange that Heff picked up such a serious injury in the warm up before the Aberdeen game that has ruled him out since. I think he and Butcher have had a fall out and he will not under any circumstances be part of a Butcher side again. I heard he was back in training on monday..its strange all ex players score against there old team but when a player comes to us it doesn't really happen.. i would play him

SunshineOnLeith
08-05-2014, 08:34 PM
I'd play 4-5-1. A really boring, agricultural football, 4-5-1 for that matter.

Launch it at Collins and have Craig, Stanton and Cairney competing for second balls. No gifting Killie a goal, make the match take place in their half.

We can worry about being pretty next season.