PDA

View Full Version : Positive Thinking

kenja
07-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Hibs going through relegation once in my life time was enough. I seriously can't be arsed with this $h1t again. So I will tell you what I am going to do: Go down to Easter Road on Saturday and shout nothing but positive and encouraging words to our players. If we go out without a fight, we deserve to be relegated. It is up to us now.

Yes, this hibs squad has been, by far, not one of our best, but now is not the time for self loathing and destructive negativity. We all know we have a side of players who can beat Killie. We proved it earlier in the season when we beat them 3-0 at ER. The players haven't lost their ability since that game. They have lost their confidence. It is all in the mind. We can help change that by providing a supportive and positive atmosphere. A repeat of the Dunfermline game 2 years ago, that is what we need from the fans and the players. Not because the people who run our club or even the players deserve it, but because us fans deserve it. It is not for them. It is for us. We are an outstanding set of fans who sing louder than celtic in a cub final that we have just lost. Lets bring that attitude to the game on Saturday.

Leave the negativity behind for Saturday I am begging you. Positive thinking is proven. I hurt as much as you right now, but I will hurt more to see the fans giving up on Saturday. Lets not do that to one another. Lets encourage and sing for our players right to the end. They don't deserve it. But we do. And WE, are Hibernian F.C.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Hibs going through relegation once in my life time was enough. I seriously can't be arsed with this $h1t again. So I will tell you what I am going to do: Go down to Easter Road on Saturday and shout nothing but positive and encouraging words to our players. If we go out without a fight, we deserve to be relegated. It is up to us now.

Yes, this hibs squad has been, by far, not one of our best, but now is not the time for self loathing and destructive negativity. We all know we have a side of players who can beat Killie. We proved it earlier in the season when we beat them 3-0 at ER. The players haven't lost their ability since that game. They have lost their confidence. It is all in the mind. We can help change that by providing a supportive and positive atmosphere. A repeat of the Dunfermline game 2 years ago, that is what we need from the fans and the players. Not because the people who run our club or even the players deserve it, but because us fans deserve it. It is not for them. It is for us. We are an outstanding set of fans who sing louder than celtic in a cub final that we have just lost. Lets bring that attitude to the game on Saturday.

Leave the negativity behind for Saturday I am begging you. Positive thinking is proven. I hurt as much as you right now, but I will hurt more to see the fans giving up on Saturday. Lets not do that to one another. Lets encourage and sing for our players right to the end. They don't deserve it. But we do. And WE, are Hibernian F.C.

Sniff. I wouldn't be mentioning outsinging Celtic fans in a cup final we lost.

madhatter
07-05-2014, 09:51 PM

I'm behind this but can I ask, then what? Come win or lose what do we, the fans, do about our failing, dying club?

sleeping giant
07-05-2014, 09:52 PM
:lips seal

Glory Lurker
07-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm not smelling anything untoward. Good shout, OP.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm not smelling anything untoward. Good shout, OP.

I was getting it in first just in case. :wink:

WestEndHibee
07-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Positivity, one plus side of losing on Saturday is that in the summer, when Americans ask how my soccer team did I can say "we made the play-offs!"

http://youtu.be/bh3YLxpruxw

:greengrin

However, I would prefer we didn't make the play-offs. Changing plans around a bit to make sure I can get down on Saturday. Mon' the Hibees! :thumbsup::flag:

Nameless
07-05-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm feeling positive for 2 reasons.
1 - law of averages, we'll win a game eventually.
2 - The new series of Deadliest Catch starts on Tuesday.

sleeping giant
07-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm feeling positive for 2 reasons.
1 - law of averages, we'll win a game eventually.
2 - The new series of Deadliest Catch starts on Tuesday.

Looking forward to it.
Think the Cornelia Marie is back:agree: Car crash there i think :greengrin

Nameless
07-05-2014, 10:20 PM
I've always been a Northwestern fan - he's got the juice.

sleeping giant
07-05-2014, 10:23 PM
I've always been a Northwestern fan - he's got the juice.

Aye , Sig is the main man , man. Can't help but wonder what damage they are doing to the ocean but its already set on my planner :greengrin

VPHIBEE
07-05-2014, 10:31 PM

About time somebody came out with something positive. I don't think the management team have been a success so far, and I too have questioned a lot of their decisions. Now is not the time for questioning. Now is the time to get behind the club, and whoever is managing and playing for us. If we go down it is a disaster, what with them and The Rangers being in that league next year. We all need to get behind the team for Saturday and roar them to safety. Well said OP.