PDA

View Full Version : Sack these clowns now to give the club a lift before Saturday

Pages : [1] 2

Green Blood
07-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Its clear these clowns have lost the dressing room, sack them before saturday and give the team a lift for saturday! Poor tradesman always blames his tools. Its clear they have not got anything to offer this club!!!

SouthamptonHibs
07-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Agreed Butcher and Malpas must go.,,,
We need to win on Sat and they will play 4-5-1 and make the 60min sub Harris off, Watmore on.
They are clueless with this squad. On the other hand the players can't score. James Collins Haynes Cummings Handling there not good enough for SPL level

blackpoolhibs
Should have left the 3 of them in the highlands last night. :agree:

lucky
Butcher has been a disaster but it would crazy to sack him before the end of the season

Saorsa
07-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Its clear these clowns have lost the dressing room, sack them before saturday and give the team a lift for saturday! Poor tradesman always blames his tools. Its clear they have not got anything to offer this club!!!What about the ****in' clown running the show? He needs tae go first or changing managers will make nae difference.

SaulGoodman
Aye that's what to do. Sack our manager days before the biggest game of our season.

AL-Qaholik
Butcher is doing a personal appearance for Solent Sport tonight.
Have tweeted requesting they F***ING KEEP HIM!!!

marinello59
07-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Madness. Utter madness.

HibbyAndy
07-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Where are all these posters that were defending Butcher a few weeks.ago?!.

Sack him , The guys not got a clue !!

inglisavhibs
07-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Agreed Butcher and Malpas must go.,,,
We need to win on Sat and they will play 4-5-1 and make the 60min sub Harris off, Watmore on.
They are clueless with this squad. On the other hand the players can't score. James Collins Haynes Cummings Handling there not good enough for SPL level

Hope you stay down South for Saturday. Wonder who you would play up front then?

stevejordan
07-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Butcher has been a disaster but it would crazy to sack him before the end of the season

Agreed its to late in the day now to sack them i cant believe we are 11th in the table it looks terrible looking at it we had a 7 point cushion and a superior goal difference and were chasing 6th place only a few weeks ago other results have went against us it is now up to us to Man up and win this game v killie

Green Blood
07-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Aye that's what to do. Sack our manager days before the biggest game of our season.

Aye, he's been a roaring success so far!!! He's lost it and he can't change it now. If your car had let you down as many times as these clowns have have let us down would you take it on a drive this saturday knowing it had to get you somewhere on time?

jimmyboco1875
07-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Butcher will turn this around

Paisley Hibby
Its clear these clowns have lost the dressing room, sack them before saturday and give the team a lift for saturday! Poor tradesman always blames his tools. Its clear they have not got anything to offer this club!!!

:rolleyes:

stevejordan
What about the ****in' clown that keeps appointing the clowns

he appears to be UNTOUCHABLE

scuttle
07-05-2014, 08:51 PM
butcher will turn this around

oh no he wont

SouthamptonHibs
07-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Hope you stay down South for Saturday. Wonder who you would play up front then?

There all crap!

Sir David Gray
07-05-2014, 08:53 PM
I've heard some ridiculous suggestions on here but sacking the manager just days before one of the biggest games in the club's recent history ranks up there as one of the most absurd.

Waxy
07-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Madness. Butcher and the current players are all that can save us.

AlbertK86
07-05-2014, 08:55 PM

I've slated him for years and got peters from plenty on here

Not so many backing him now

He has destroyed our club

Total garbage that HE has kept us afloat............ Pure and simple that was down to our abundance of youths that we sold on

He is a smug arrogant get who should but won't walk

KWJ
07-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I reckon he'll still turn us around too. Even if it is beginning by dropping us down although I obviously hope that doesn't happen, and I still don't think it will.

JJP
07-05-2014, 08:56 PM
The sack the manager brigade, the real problem with this club. One day a manager is going to need to be given time to stop the rot. Gets worse every time we change managers. They can't all be "tactically inept".

Green Blood
What do you mean by "Lost the dressing room"?

http://thecoachbusiness.com/blog/2014/01/hes-lost-dressing-room/ (http://thecoachbusiness.com/blog/2014/01/hes-lost-dressing-room/)

TornadoHibby

Why is that? :greengrin

We have only won 4 of the last 24 games they have presided over so we can't get any worse than we are under their "stewardship"! :wink:

Scorrie
Key question is has TB got three wins in him? That's what he needs to dig us out if this mess. I'm not sure he has to be honest...

Pretty Boy
07-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Is this a joke?

Go into the biggest game of the season, and potentially another 2, with no manager.

Any other good ideas?

TornadoHibby
Key question is has TB got three wins in him? That's what he needs to dig us out if this mess. I'm not sure he has to be honest...

Check out my previous post (no 25) and then calculate the odds on them achieving three wins out of three! :wink:

Pretty Boy

No, he only needs 1 win if it comes on Saturday.

Even in the play offs 2 draws could see us through.

GreenCastle
07-05-2014, 08:59 PM

We only need 1 win.

But if not then still 1 win - a draw in one of the playoff:rolleyes: games could be enough.

Oscar T Grouch
07-05-2014, 09:00 PM
So who's gonna pay to "sack" this management team? That's a great idea, watch us plunge into the championship next season with absolutely nae cash tae spend on changing this team. Aye, best idea I've heard on here yet! Oh wait a minute someone was saying this was all part of a big plan yesterday. Tell ye, there are some seriously deluded folk oot there. I'm gonna take a wee break fi .net for a while, I'm sick o face palming every 5 *****g minutes.

Captain Trips
07-05-2014, 09:01 PM

Crazy to allow this man another match. Get Keith Wright and Paul Kane in for a match. Anybody other than Butcher.

A disaster of an appointment.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2014, 09:03 PM
How will sacking him give us a lift? It will do the exact opposite and make things even worse.

Hibrandenburg
07-05-2014, 09:04 PM
I despair about the mental health of many on here. The manager merry-go-round has got us in this mess and what is your answer? Sack the manager! This board is a ****ing nut house.

Weir7
07-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Madness. Butcher and the current players are all that can save us.

Madness thinking that. Said weeks ago get mcleish back on temporary basis to keep us up.

Paisley Hibby
07-05-2014, 09:05 PM

The best way to give the team a lift is with a huge Hibs crowd roaring them on. If we can't do that we deserve what we get. It's not just the players that need to man up.

Weir7
I despair about the mental health of many on here. The manager merry-go-round has got us in this mess and what is your answer? Sack the manager! This board is a ****ing nut house.

Petrie got us in this mess

Green Blood
Is this a joke?

Go into the biggest game of the season, and potentially another 2, with no manager.

Any other good ideas?

I've expressed my opinion and put forward my idea. Whats yours?

Captain Trips
How will sacking him give us a lift? It will do the exact opposite and make things even worse.

How do we know that. Let's go with what is likely based on what has gone on thus far. Probable defeat to Killie so defo change will do no more harm and a gamble well worth taking

Weir7
07-05-2014, 09:06 PM

How do you know that.

Weir7
07-05-2014, 09:06 PM
How do we know that. Let's go with what is likely based on what has gone on thus far. Probable defeat to Killie so defo change will do no more harm and a gamble well worth taking

Spot on

Allan45
07-05-2014, 09:07 PM
I agree. 1 win in 18 games. How on earth has this team been so poor this year since 2 jan? I know the team are poor to mediocre, but as a manager, he should have those boys better.
after the play off, we will see what happens.
there is no way we will get a result on Saturday. Sad times ahead.:confused:

Steve20
Butcher is incapable of winning the game on Saturday.

Maybe someone else could.

Winston Ingram
Butcher will turn this around

I'd like to know where your optimism comes from. It can't be his CV

andy1875
At what point do the Hibs support sacking manager after manager (6 now since Mowbray) realise that it ain't going to solve our desperate state of affairs.

I'm now more convinced than ever that until we see a drastic change of ownership and direction from the board that we will fall deeper and deeper into the brown stuff.

Butcher has been a disaster yes, but I really doubt whether any manager could have done better. The engrained rot set in long before he arrived.

Absolute pi$$ take that we're in this position.

Allan45
07-05-2014, 09:08 PM

You are talking sense :cb We will not get a result on Saturday.

Pretty Boy
I've expressed my opinion and put forward my idea. Whats yours?

That we don't sack our manager, however useless he may or may not be, right before the biggest game of the season.

There is not time for anyone else to come in and assess the squad and pick a team in 3 days.

We have what we have and we need to go with it.

inglisavhibs
There all crap!
And that's Butchers fault I suppose.

Jim44
It seems crazy to talk about sacking Butcher before Saturday but if we don't get a win in the most important game for 16 years we have no chance of a win in the play-offs. I would definitely consider shock tactics get out of the rut that Butcher is completely responsible for. The players might just get a wee lift from his removal.

cleanyman
07-05-2014, 09:09 PM
I'd sack him after Saturday's draw.

No question.

scuttle
07-05-2014, 09:09 PM

That's what stress ,panic ,fear, depression etc does to you. Its certainly a combination of these as to how im feeling tonight especially after tonights results

stevejordan
07-05-2014, 09:10 PM

Agreed but who ?

neil7908
07-05-2014, 09:10 PM
I've heard some ridiculous suggestions on here but sacking the manager just days before one of the biggest games in the club's recent history ranks up there as one of the most absurd.

Why? Not saying I'm personally in favour of getting rid (undecided on that myself) but our form with him in is nothing short of dire. What confidence do we have that he can get the team motivated and organised for the game on Saturday???

Winston Ingram
07-05-2014, 09:11 PM
How do you know that.

I know that. All the players hate them. If you had a manager you don't rate and spends his time telling you how ***** you are would you not be delighted he left?

Siralbertkidd
07-05-2014, 09:11 PM

Yeah, it worked a treat for norwich didnt it?

Sir David Gray
07-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Why? Not saying I'm personally in favour of getting rid (undecided on that myself) but our form with him in is nothing short of dire. What confidence do we have that he can get the team motivated and organised for the game on Saturday???

So you're undecided about him going at all but yet you would be open to the idea of him getting sacked before Saturday? :confused:

Winston Ingram
Agreed but who ?

I'd put Maybury & McDonaugh in charge. Let's be honest. They couldn't do any worse

Green Blood
That we don't sack our manager, however useless he may or may not be, right before the biggest game of the season.

There is not time for anyone else to come in and assess the squad and pick a team in 3 days.

We have what we have and we need to go with it.

Saturdays game is not the biggest of our season, the play off is!!! Both games!! To put your faith in a man with one win in 18 is akin to putting the deposit down on a Ferrari the day before you expect to win the lottery.

Winston Ingram
07-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Yeah, it worked a treat for norwich didnt it?

If we canned him at the same time they binned Hughton we'd probably not be here

inglisavhibs
07-05-2014, 09:14 PM
The best way to give the team a lift is with a huge Hibs crowd roaring them on. If we can't do that we deserve what we get. It's not just the players that need to man up.
As long as some of the so called supporters on here stay away. All the problems we have will be easier to fix if we stay up. We have ended up relying on very inexperienced forwards to keep us up and that is never easy.

Michael
07-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Whatever happens I hope Butcher doesn't get sacked. A good manager doesn't become a bad manager overnight. However, if he resigns that's fine. It shows he's not the man for the job. Hope it doesn't happen though.

Brightside
07-05-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm getting ready for 4 or 5 years in the "championship". Killie will batter us on Saturday as we are totally gutless.

Pretty Boy
07-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Saturdays game is not the biggest of our season, the play off is!!! Both games!! To put your faith in a man with one win in 18 is akin to putting the deposit down on a Ferrari the day before you expect to win the lottery.

We're not in the play off yet so your 1st point is hypothetical.

I don't particularly trust Butcher but who is the alternative that is going to make such a huge difference in 3 days?

Green Blood
A GOOD COACH CAN MAKE PEOPLE SEE WHAT THEY CAN BE, RATHER THAN WHAT THEY ARE
Thats the problem here, telling players they're **** leads to them believing thats what they are!! This team of jokers have the man management skills that Stalin had.

stevejordan
I know that. All the players hate them. If you had a manager you don't rate and spends his time telling you how ***** you are would you not be delighted he left?

yes we have heard these stories on here already and they have lost the dressing room stuff and yes they need to go but not now we need to focus on winning this game and sort out the mess that Petrie has made after we are safe

Onion
07-05-2014, 09:17 PM

Won't happen but that doesn't make any less of a plan than Butcher's half arsed efforts. Seriously, I reckon most of us on Hibs.net could have managed Hibs over the last 17 games and lucked a win. Law of averages says that even Butcher will win a match now and then.

Hibrandenburg
07-05-2014, 09:18 PM
If Butcher goes then many of the wage thieves who pull on the strip will still be here next year. They'll have shown again that it's the mates steering the ship and not the captain. This madness has to end.

inglisavhibs
07-05-2014, 09:18 PM
No they don't.

HibbyAndy
07-05-2014, 09:19 PM
I truly honestly thought Butcher was the man.

Hes a fool thats out of his depth.

neil7908
07-05-2014, 09:21 PM
So you're undecided about him going at all but yet you would be open to the idea of him getting sacked before Saturday? :confused:

No, I've been pretty supportive of him until recently but we're beginning to look doomed and I'm not sure he has earned the right to get another 1-2 years and a bunch of money to rebuild the squad. Maybe he can pick a great signing or two but based on his tenure here what motivational or tactical knowledge has he brought to ER?

I was responding to your comment that folk suggesting he should be sacked was one of the most ridiculous things you've heard on here.

If you look around the football world, Butcher would be gone at any team with aspirations of success in Spain, Italy, Portugal etc with a record like his.

Plenty of folk in football have been sacked for much less than Butcher. My point is whether you agree with that or not, its hardly the most outrageous think I've heard on here.

Winston Ingram
07-05-2014, 09:22 PM
yes we have heard these stories on here already and they have lost the dressing room stuff and yes they need to go but not now we need to focus on winning this game and sort out the mess that Petrie has made after we are safe

We need a result or it's 2 yrs in the Champ minimum.We'll not get it under this pair.

#2 Double Tap
07-05-2014, 09:23 PM
they sacked Le God - they can sack TB - This is about the well being of Hibs -

Winston Ingram
No they don't.

Aye ok

Winston Ingram

Le God's record was better than Butchers

stevejordan
07-05-2014, 09:24 PM
we have spent a fortune on Butcher with the join his Army thingy that is a joke hands up i wanted Paddy out and this imposter had us all drooling at the mouth when he entered the building Paddy would not have had us in this mess

Green Blood
07-05-2014, 09:27 PM
The best form of defence is attack!! A well known quotation. A question for all you supporters of he gruesome twosome is how many times have we implemented this strategy?

He's running scared without a clue how to turn it around, kinda like the skipper on the Costa Concordia or that Korean Ferry.

Hibrandenburg
07-05-2014, 09:27 PM

So sacking the umpteenth manager days before a do or die game is good for Hibs? That's just mental!

Craig_in_Prague
07-05-2014, 09:28 PM
I sat and watched all his interviews when he 1st arrived, including an hour or two long youtube video of his "leadership training" and thought we'd got the SPLs Mourinho.

Haha, we thought bags of sweeties was our last ever clown?

stevejordan
07-05-2014, 09:28 PM
We need a result or it's 2 yrs in the Champ minimum.We'll not get it under this pair.

Agreed but we need to get this game out the way we then have 10 days to get rid oh them and appoint a proper Manager to get us through the play offs i have written off the game v killie but the timing is not right sack them after the killie game if we lose or draw then bring in Nid.

Hibrandenburg
07-05-2014, 09:29 PM
we have spent a fortune on Butcher with the join his Army thingy that is a joke hands up i wanted Paddy out and this imposter had us all drooling at the mouth when he entered the building Paddy would not have had us in this mess

That might make sense with punctuation. :dunno:

Cropley10
07-05-2014, 09:30 PM
If Butcher goes then many of the wage thieves who pull on the strip will still be here next year. They'll have shown again that it's the mates steering the ship and not the captain. This madness has to end.

:applause:

Sir David Gray
07-05-2014, 09:34 PM
No, I've been pretty supportive of him until recently but we're beginning to look doomed and I'm not sure he has earned the right to get another 1-2 years and a bunch of money to rebuild the squad. Maybe he can pick a great signing or two but based on his tenure here what motivational or tactical knowledge has he brought to ER?

I was responding to your comment that folk suggesting he should be sacked was one of the most ridiculous things you've heard on here.

If you look around the football world, Butcher would be gone at any team with aspirations of success in Spain, Italy, Portugal etc with a record like his.

Plenty of folk in football have been sacked for much less than Butcher. My point is whether you agree with that or not, its hardly the most outrageous think I've heard on here.

A couple of weeks ago, I could maybe have understood it.

I cannot understand why we would sack Butcher less than 72 hours before the last game of the regular season.

I don't see what would be different about the players' performance on Saturday without Butcher in the dugout.

James Collins isn't suddenly going to turn into Luis Suarez and Ryan McGivern isn't going to start playing like Jordi Alba.

It would be a thoroughly pointless exercise.

Any post mortems should wait until after the season's finished.

SouthamptonHibs
07-05-2014, 09:35 PM
And that's Butchers fault I suppose.

Not Butchers fault for three of them just Haynes.
What is Butcher and Petries fault is not signing a decent striker in Jan.

Must win game for us now on Sat? Who will score?

#2 Double Tap
07-05-2014, 09:36 PM
So sacking the umpteenth manager days before a do or die game is good for Hibs? That's just mental!
if it is going to save hibs from the 1st div - then its certainly not mental. RP needs to take a serious look at this and make his last decision in charge the right one - :greengrin

Winston Ingram
07-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Agreed but we need to get this game out the way we then have 10 days to get rid oh them and appoint a proper Manager to get us through the play offs i have written off the game v killie but the timing is not right sack them after the killie game if we lose or draw then bring in Nid.

They've proven they're not up to it. Why give them another game? Putting Maybury or McDonaugh in charge who are both well respected unlike this pair would undoubtedly give them a lift. Let's be honest, they aren't going to do any worse.

jane_says
07-05-2014, 09:46 PM

When has Butcher been telling them they're all ****? Seems to me it's this board and half of Easter Road on a Saturday that's been doing that?

Hibrandenburg
07-05-2014, 09:47 PM
if it is going to save hibs from the 1st div - then its certainly not mental. RP needs to take a serious look at this and make his last decision in charge the right one - :greengrin

Is it possible to type in a straight jacket? :dunno:

Hibrandenburg
07-05-2014, 09:49 PM
When has Butcher been telling them they're all ****? Seems to me it's this board and half of Easter Road on a Saturday that's been doing that?

Correct, but you'll get your bollocks/flaps kicked on here for saying so.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Knock
yourselves
out
get
it
all
out
Leave nothing within.
Then come out and cheer on the Hibees this Saturday.

As a wise man said this madness can't continue.

Stantons Angel
07-05-2014, 10:16 PM

this is absurd!

You were all shouting for Fenlon's head and calling for Butcher to come in...

Now things are not working out for him you want rid of him ......................

If its not Butcher its Malpas or even Petrie and Farmer?

Ive maybe missed something here but i have never heard anyone come up with someone with some spare millions of pounds to spend on a football club, someone to replace Petrie at the Business end of the infrastructure and a manager and assistant that can win a game....... This is what worries me?

I too feel the hurt embarrassment, frustration and the apathy setting in but we cannot get rid of all these at the top without replacing them with suitable replacements.

The game on Saturday is of the highest importance to the club the players and most of all us the supporters!

To call for the head of the manager before such a big game is in my opinion ridiculous.

People will be angry after tonight's results went against us, there is nothing we can do about that. We can turn up in numbers on Saturday and support your team and help them stay in the Premier division.

Hibrandenburg
07-05-2014, 10:19 PM
this is absurd!

Now things are not working out for him you want rid of him ......................

Ive maybe missed something here but i have never heard anyone come up with someone with some spare millions of pounds to spend on a football club, someone to replace Petrie at the Business end of the infrastructure and a manager and assistant that can win a game....... This is what worries me?

I too feel the hurt embarrassment, frustration and the apathy setting in but we cannot get rid of all these at the top without replacing them with suitable replacements.

The game on Saturday is of the highest importance to the club the players and most of all us the supporters!

To call for the head of the manager before such a big game is in my opinion ridiculous.

People will be angry after tonight's results went against us, there is nothing we can do about that. We can turn up in numbers on Saturday and support your team and help them stay in the Premier division.

Amen!

Baldy Foghorn
07-05-2014, 10:26 PM
this is absurd!

We will never improve with Farmer and Petrie involved......Petrie is teflon-like, but make no mistake he has ruined our club.....

Viva_Palmeiras
07-05-2014, 10:26 PM

Boca aperto as they say in Gods other country ( the one with the sunshine and decent football team)

wills
07-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Butchers record as a manager does not read well. Sacked at Coventry, Sunderland, Sydney FC and Brentford. Was he lucky at Motherwell due to there financial problem and lucky at Inverness because he surpassed all there expectations

Hibrandenburg
07-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Boca aperto as they say in Gods other country ( the one with the sunshine and decent football team)

Assolutamente corretto!

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Sacking them before the final game of the season would be the ultimate panic measure and could do more harm than good. It's too late for that at this stage. IMHO we must let Butcher get to the end of the season before assessing things. If we're relegated, he must go.

Albion Hibs
07-05-2014, 10:56 PM

So was his team.

ballengeich
07-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Butchers record as a manager does not read well. Sacked at Coventry, Sunderland, Sydney FC and Brentford. Was he lucky at Motherwell due to there financial problem and lucky at Inverness because he surpassed all there expectations

His successes have come in partnership with Malpas. Neither have succeeded on their own.

Returning to the subject of the thread :- sacking the management won't improve our misfiring forwards.

Green Blood
07-05-2014, 11:12 PM
So many dreamers on here who don't see that there clearly is a problem at our club!!!! Watch Butcher in post match interviews, rabbit caught in headlights is an understatement.

The facts don't lie, a failure most of his management career. Get rid, he's not the solution, he's the problem!! Get Ian Murray in, sick fed up of luminous appointments. Back to basics! As for Petrie, he's a banker in a suit! Jeez, my keyboard is swapping w for a B!!!!!

I have managed people all my life and I see a failure in charge of the club i have always loved! Butcher is a blind man looking for a four leafed clover using Braille!!!!

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2014, 11:24 PM
So many dreamers on here who don't see that there clearly is a problem at our club!!!! Watch Butcher in post match interviews, rabbit caught in headlights is an understatement.

The facts don't lie, a failure most of his management career. Get rid, he's not the solution, he's the problem!! Get Ian Murray in, sick fed up of luminous appointments. Back to basics! As for Petrie, he's a banker in a suit! Jeez, my keyboard is swapping w for a B!!!!!

I have managed people all my life and I see a failure in charge of the club i have always loved! Butcher is a blind man looking for a four leafed clover using Braille!!!!

You could be spot on in everything you say, GB, but we play on Saturday. It's too late to be bringing in Ian Murray or anybody else. We have to get through the last game (and any play off) as we are.

Leithenhibby
07-05-2014, 11:31 PM

Yeah, you sure have vision........ :rolleyes: :tsk tsk:

Green Blood
07-05-2014, 11:40 PM

Your right about a vision, whats yours? Your clearly deluded so unless you can be more constructive may I suggest you go forth and multiply!!! Its so called fans like you that lubricate ancient prunes.

Green Blood
07-05-2014, 11:51 PM

Maybe I should have checked you out Terry!!! You have played the Rab C Nesbitt award for wearing a bandage in the cause of duty.A sheep in sheep's clothing, typical tractor boy. The game's up. Yes, you were a great player and that you will be admired for always. As a manager, you don't cut it. As for your pal Maurice, get him to f--K

Gus Fring
07-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Maybe I should have checked you out Terry!!! You have played the Rab C Nesbitt award for wearing a bandage in the cause of duty.A sheep in sheep's clothing, typical tractor boy. The game's up. Yes, you were a great player and that you will be admired for always. As a manager, you don't cut it. As for your pal Maurice, get him to f--K

Your profile claims you are "green through and through" but it doesn't sound like it.

GreenLake
08-05-2014, 12:00 AM

It's difficult to deny any of what you claim, but if Butcher has lost the dressing room, the best we can hope for is that nobody finds them again. If you think the problem at this club is Butcher and not older than a few years, then you are dreaming on acid. There is a problem with the squad being full of players who can barely trap a ball inside a ten yard circle. You might get them to a few scrappy wins with a cosy style of management, but that's not going to deliver a top two finish or cups. I want Hibs to be striving for the top and I think Butcher might be able to deliver that in Scotland with his choice of players brought in over a couple of seasons.

We can revisit this thread after Saturday, the playoffs or end of next season to see who has been the biggest dreamer. :greengrin

steakbake
08-05-2014, 12:01 AM

Fecha o cu, as they also say. Folks aren't good at handling this...

Up The Bracket
08-05-2014, 12:03 AM

You can't possibly blame Petrie for appointing Butcher/Malpas, it's exactly what the fans wanted FFS

Green Blood
08-05-2014, 12:03 AM
Your profile claims you are "green through and through" but it doesn't sound like it.

What colour do you bleed when cut? Many have questioned that through the last year BJ, unless its something to do with financial matters. I don't see you being so constructive here with your negative comments. Its time you outed yourself!!!

erskine-hibby
08-05-2014, 12:11 AM
It's said you can only pee with the cock your given, in Butchers case it was a bunch of fannies.
To sack him now would be madness. We all know that many of these 'players' will be gone at the end of the season. It will be next season, not this one, that TB should be judged on when he gets his OWN players in.

Green Blood
08-05-2014, 12:13 AM
It's said you cam only pee with the cock your given, in Butchers case it was a bunch of fannies.
To sack him now would be madness. We all know that many of these 'players' will be gone at the end of the season. It will be next season, not this one, that TB should be judged on when he gets his OWN players in.

I understand your frustration, however your talking pish!!!!!! :flag:

erskine-hibby
08-05-2014, 12:16 AM
I understand your frustration, however your talking pish!!!!!! :flag:

Watching pish maer likes.

RIP Bestie
08-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Done it with Sauzee did we not?

The Green Goblin
08-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Done it with Sauzee did we not?

Yup, and replaced him with.....? :greengrin

I don't think sacking the manager is the answer. Apart from anything else, it would be letting him off easy. The problem is that holding onto him isn't any more appealing. Rock and a hard place...devil and the deep blue sea...take your pick. Here we are, yet again. I love Hibs but the club's broken, as awful as it is to type that. I hope we somehow stay up, but I also don't really have any confidence that we will. It's going to take some kind of a miracle and even if we somehow do, unless there's serious change, we'll just find ourselves here again and again and again.

sven nil
08-05-2014, 02:16 AM
Guys this thread is going nowhere there needs to be some compromise on all sides of this debate !

I suggest we sack the cancer that is Maurice Malpas today preferably am but pm would be ok. Then we sack Butcher on Sunday, Get Ian Murray in Monday that will give him ten days before play offs if needed.

Callum_62
08-05-2014, 03:07 AM
In what way is MM 'cancer?'

WTF, seriously - our last 4 managers have basically all failed (or been failing) miserably

TB and MM have a track record of succeeding at this level

1/2 a season with basically none of his own players is not really long enough to judge

He NEEDS to keep us in the SPFL though

HKhibby
08-05-2014, 04:54 AM
I reckon he'll still turn us around too. Even if it is beginning by dropping us down although I obviously hope that doesn't happen, and I still don't think it will.

I like the sound of your optiisim! I wish i could share it and obviously hope it does'nt happen too!
but there is nothing there now that makes me think otherwise! And i think that Petrie has seen this coming months ago and has finally realised what a mess he has seen over, on the footballing side of things!, that is why he is taking a back seat role and the appointment of Leaane Dempster.
one other thing, i think also TB and MM could do a good job at Hibs but will have to given the time and the resources to do this as well, which is clear, given the time of the appointment of them in 3/4 months into the season.

The one big problem of this if we do go down is, they will competing against Rangers and Hearts to get back into the premier league, this would not be easy, Rangers have the size of the club and the fan base, and Hearts presumably would be out of administration able to sign players and with this woman Budge in charge of things.
one other thing is, if we do go down, Butcher & Malpas walk away, and Leaane Dempster brings in someone else....but who?

Beefster
08-05-2014, 05:00 AM
Madness. Utter madness.

This site is just ****ing nuts right now. The hysteria is out of control and some folk are positively revelling in it.

You really need to stop posting bull****. As I've said, there are massive questions over Butcher but making stuff up or spinning stats makes me wonder about your motives.

I've never subscribed to this "it's the fans" mince before but, let's be honest, all the pish going on on here isn't exactly going to help. In fact, this mass hysteria is likely to transfer to the crowd on Saturday unless folk settle the **** down.

Callum_62
08-05-2014, 05:15 AM
This site is just ****ing nuts right now. The hysteria is out of control and some folk are positively revelling in it.

You really need to stop posting bull****. As I've said, there are massive questions over Butcher but making stuff up or spinning stats makes me wonder about your motives.

I've never subscribed to this "it's the fans" mince before but, let's be honest, all the pish going on on here isn't exactly going to help. In fact, this mass hysteria is likely to transfer to the crowd on Saturday unless folk settle the **** down.

:thumbsup:

s.a.m
08-05-2014, 05:40 AM

:agree:

QMU-1875
08-05-2014, 06:12 AM
Few rumour floating around butcher was a guest speaker at an awards ceremony last night and didn't attend the killie game. If true (I hope it isn't) he must leave. Now.

RIP
08-05-2014, 06:17 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else wonder how our players are meant to have the stomach for a fight in 2 days time when so many of our 'fans' don't.

The simple fact is that we go into this game with the squad we have, the coaching team we have and the board we have. We happen to have fantastically loyal supporters.

Maybe if we all give 100% support to each other on Saturday there is a chance of victory.

I'm up for a blood and snot fight. Who else is?

GGTTH

ManBearPig
08-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Why should he get sack for attending a previously arranged engagement. Especially when he can view game in greater detail on dvd or computer. Attending opposition games isnt needed in this day and age.

KeithTheHibby
08-05-2014, 06:19 AM

Clearly intoxicated.

bawheid
08-05-2014, 06:22 AM
So many yams, so little time. Crawling all over this site.

The sad thing is that genuine Hibbies are actually taken in by their destabilising tactics. Easily led.

Social media (including this website) has played a part in our downfall, there's no doubt in my mind.

pontius pilate
08-05-2014, 06:24 AM
Sacking a manger before our biggest game of the season makes no sense.

next stupid thread please

Viva_Palmeiras
08-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Few rumour floating around butcher was a guest speaker at an awards ceremony last night and didn't attend the killie game. If true (I hope it isn't) he must leave. Now.

Back it up or shut up would be my take.

Winston Ingram
08-05-2014, 06:48 AM

Bull****? It's fact.

I know facts don't tend to go down well with the Butcher apologists because let's be honest, there aren't really many or any even from his sham of a managerial career that a)suggest he knows what he's doing & b) that he's going to turn this around.

Ronniekirk
08-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else wonder how our players are meant to have the stomach for a fight in 2 days time when so many of our 'fans' don't.

The simple fact is that we go into this game with the squad we have, the coaching team we have and the board we have. We happen to have fantastically loyal supporters.

Maybe if we all give 100% support to each other on Saturday there is a chance of victory.

I'm up for a blood and snot fight. Who else is?

GGTTH

It's not the fans that you need to convince it's the manager and players they need to be up for it but we seem to have tried every permutation and players know they are struggling to score and results have eroded confidence and nerves now playing a part They look like a team resigned to their fate .
The way the fixtures were arranged in bottom six has worked out that we haven't played a team when they have already been safe ie st mirren were safe last night
and Killie won if Partick were still in the mix they are playing Ross county on Saturday who are safe .
Where as we have played everyone when they were still fighting to stay safe and hearts had there own motivation .if we had been playing hearts last night would they really have not played McDonald in goal .
Don't know whether it would of made a difference or not but just another wee example of not getting rub of green

eggbamyasi
08-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Imo the managment seem to getting the full blame here and its not right . Where is the thread blaming all the player ? There the one ****ing us up there the ones letting hibs down big time and there the ones that have got us into this situation . Butcher has had six months . The players have had all season . They in my eyes are fully responsable for this mess and are escaping the correct amount of blame is if there robots you butcher programmes and if they lose its entirely his fault . To sack them now is just mental . If anyone should be sacked as soon as season finishes its the players that have been piss poor all season .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Onion
08-05-2014, 06:56 AM
Sacking a manger before our biggest game of the season makes no sense.

next stupid thread please

Don't think the OP was really serious.

The suggestion does however reflect the real feeling of anger Hibs fans have for Butcher and his team for putting the club in this position. It is truly horrendous and Butcher must be mortified and wondering how the hell he got himself into this position from last Oct.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-05-2014, 07:01 AM
Someone mentioned in this thread that butchers lost the dressing room...I have to disagree as he never had it in the first place..... This team is packed with useless run of the mill players who are way out of their depth at this level....they are an absolute embarrassment to hibernian football... I feel like invading the pitch and pulling the hibs strips off their backs as none of them are fit to wear it.

Beefster
08-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Bull****? It's fact.

I know facts don't tend to go down well with the Butcher apologists because let's be honest, there aren't really many or any even from his sham of a managerial career that a)suggest he knows what he's doing & b) that he's going to turn this around.

You said "Le God's record was better than Butchers". No caveating, no conditions. A straight "his record is better than the other's". As I said, it's bull****.

Here are some facts.

Sauzee - W 7%, D 40%, L 53%

Butcher - W 21%, D 29%, L 50%

It's not just stats that you seem to have trouble reading either. I'm not a 'Butcher apologist'. Read my posts, I've said on more than one occasion that I have my doubts about him. I just don't really see the point of continually banging on about it along with comparing different situations and/or making stuff up to 'support' my view.

If you want to keep banging on about how pish Butcher is, go for it. That's your right. It's my right to think you (and lots of others who seem to have been gripped by collective hysteria) are potentially making Saturday a tougher situation and pull you up every time I think you have posted something that doesn't stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny.

carnoustiehibee
08-05-2014, 07:14 AM
@TheBudgieTweets: Well done the Hibs players and technical staff and directors. You have got the club in a right mess. resign immediately the right thing pls.

@TheBudgieTweets: They will say keep quiet it's not politically corect about the situation at Hibs. But when you have given your life for them speak your mind

@TheBudgieTweets: If that's true Butch was not watching Kilmarnock last night sack him for not putting the club first. There's rumors he was down south.

@JamCotton: @TheBudgieTweets definitely true Budgie, he was here in Southampton at an award ceremony at Solent Uni . There are photos on here of it .

@TheBudgieTweets: You must be profesional in this game. Atend every game like David Moyes especially if your playing them next vital game. He is unprofesional

@davidfarrellfaz: @TheBudgieTweets Surely not Budge? That would be a scandal if true. If he doesn't beat Killie, there'd be no point looking at signings!

TornadoHibby
08-05-2014, 07:15 AM
You said "Le God's record was better than Butchers". No caveating, no conditions. A straight "his record is better than the other's". As I said, it's bull****.

Here are some facts.

It's not just stats that you seem to have trouble reading either. I'm not a 'Butcher apologist'. Read my posts, I've said on more than one occasion that I have my doubts about him. I just don't really see the point of continually banging on about it along with comparing different situations and/or making stuff up to 'support' my view.

If you want to keep banging on about how pish Butcher is, go for it. That's your right. It's my right to think you (and lots of others who seem to have been gripped by collective hysteria) are potentially making Saturday a tougher situation and pull you up every time I think you have posted something that doesn't stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny.

Splitting hairs and deflecting justifiable criticism is how I'd read your post! :agree:

A 21% win record (your figures) over a period as long as TB and MM have had would get most managers the sack by now! :agree:

Ask David Moyes who was no where near that level! :wink:

Winston Ingram
08-05-2014, 07:31 AM

Here are some facts.

No manager gets sacked for their overall record. 9 times out of 10, it's a run of results that leads to their departure. Winning the majority of their games nearly 6 months ago tends not to count for too much.

On top of that, 9 times out 10 any new manager coming into a club causes a spike in form until it settles down. This spike happened and as since settled into.

So the facts are...

Franck
15 games Won 1 Drawn 6 lost 8.

Butcher
(last 18 games)

Won 1 drawn 5 lost 12

Beefster
08-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Splitting hairs and deflecting justifiable criticism is how I'd read your post! :agree:

A 21% win record (your figures) over a period as long as TB and MM have had would get most managers the sack by now! :agree:

Ask David Moyes who was no where near that level! :wink:

Who defended his record?

Beefster
08-05-2014, 07:36 AM
No manager gets sacked for their overall record. 9 times out of 10, it's a run of results that leads to their departure. Winning the majority of their games nearly 6 months ago tends not to count for too much.

On top of that, 9 times out 10 any new manager coming into a club causes a spike in form until it settles down. This spike happened and as since settled into.

So the facts are...

Franck

Butcher
(last 18 games)

Won 1 drawn 5 lost 12

So rather than what you posted, you actually meant that, if you take Butcher's last 18 games, ignore the decent spell beforehand and compare them to Sauzee's 15 games, Butcher's record is worse. Got it.

Incidentally, remember how I mentioned context yesterday too? Sauzee inherited McLeish's team. Butcher inherited Fenlon's. How does that factor into your comparison?

flash
08-05-2014, 07:40 AM

So the facts are...

Franck

Butcher
(last 18 games)

Won 1 drawn 5 lost 12
You must have posted these figures on about 20 threads now. We get it.

The thing is some of us care more about Saturday's match and what it means than being proved right.

The way you bang on one might almost think you had a personal interest.

gorgie greens
08-05-2014, 07:42 AM

F F S behave no doubt he got drunk as a skunk and won't be near training because he has a hangover ,the ceremony he was at would have been arranged months ago ,he does have scouts who attend games and from my limited football coaching I have done it's not exactly rocket science that if you stop Boyd you stop them scoring .
To many guys on here want guys sacked left right n centre and wonder why we cant pay the extra few hundred quid to sign players of better quality than we have been is because were always paying guys off with compensation

Winston Ingram
08-05-2014, 07:45 AM
You must have posted these figures on about 20 threads now. We get it.

The thing is some of us care more about Saturday's match and what it means than being proved right.

The way you bang on one might almost think you had a personal interest.

I would say Hibs were a personal interest?

I posted these to answer a question

Winston Ingram
08-05-2014, 07:46 AM
So rather than what you posted, you actually meant that, if you take Butcher's last 18 games, ignore the decent spell beforehand and compare them to Sauzee's 15 games, Butcher's record is worse. Got it.

Incidentally, remember how I mentioned context yesterday too? Sauzee inherited McLeish's team. Butcher inherited Fenlon's. How does that factor into your comparison?

Both were average sides so pretty evenly.

gorgie greens
08-05-2014, 07:47 AM

Back on the money beefster huge change in the quality of what TB got given ,we only have a few guys of quality and they are young guys who are having to play week in week out,thought Stanton looks jaded the now but you cant leave the guy out.

Winston Ingram
08-05-2014, 07:47 AM
@TheBudgieTweets: Well done the Hibs players and technical staff and directors. You have got the club in a right mess. resign immediately the right thing pls.

@TheBudgieTweets: They will say keep quiet it's not politically corect about the situation at Hibs. But when you have given your life for them speak your mind

@TheBudgieTweets: If that's true Butch was not watching Kilmarnock last night sack him for not putting the club first. There's rumors he was down south.

@JamCotton: @TheBudgieTweets definitely true Budgie, he was here in Southampton at an award ceremony at Solent Uni . There are photos on here of it .

@TheBudgieTweets: You must be profesional in this game. Atend every game like David Moyes especially if your playing them next vital game. He is unprofesional

@davidfarrellfaz: @TheBudgieTweets Surely not Budge? That would be a scandal if true. If he doesn't beat Killie, there'd be no point looking at signings!

Here's him at the award ceremony last night

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SportSolentAwards&src=hash

leggeto
08-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Keep him and we have a chance,sack him and we are down for sure,not going to go into this again,he inherited this group of players

TornadoHibby
08-05-2014, 07:51 AM

Oops, Terry! :greengrin

Suppose you've got to look after all income streams if you arn't confident about one or more of them? :hmmm: :dunno:

TornadoHibby
08-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Keep him and we have a chance,sack him and we are down for sure,not going to go into this again,he inherited this group of players

And the rationale for keeping him after the performance of the team under his direction together with MM alongside his general record in football management and not only considering the ICT period and ignoring everything else.............................................? :dunno:

TornadoHibby
08-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Who defended his record?

OK, what were you doing with that post then!? :wink:

Surely not justifying that the experienced expert (TB) was better than the absolute beginner (Big Franck) ffs? :greengrin

AL-Qaholik
08-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Back it up or shut up would be my take.

It's true. Here's the tweet from @SolentSport when he was starting his "speech" last night...
(Hoping this link will work.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportSolent/status/464136246554787841

flash
08-05-2014, 07:58 AM
I would say Hibs were a personal interest?

I posted these to answer a question

My apologies. I presumed when you said all the players hate him you had been told that from someone inside the club.

TornadoHibby
08-05-2014, 08:01 AM
F F S behave no doubt he got drunk as a skunk and won't be near training because he has a hangover ,the ceremony he was at would have been arranged months ago ,he does have scouts who attend games and from my limited football coaching I have done it's not exactly rocket science that if you stop Boyd you stop them scoring .
To many guys on here want guys sacked left right n centre and wonder why we cant pay the extra few hundred quid to sign players of better quality than we have been is because were always paying guys off with compensation

But why is that though? :confused: :wink:

Hibrandenburg
08-05-2014, 08:30 AM

The sad thing is that genuine Hibbies are actually taken in by their destabilising tactics. Easily led.
Social media (including this website) has played a part in our downfall, there's no doubt in my mind.

:agree: Definitely, and the longer it goes on the better organised they become. Wouldn't surprise me if they're in contact with each other as they seem to be in collusion on here.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2014, 08:36 AM

It's not Butcher the players don't like. It's Malpas.

Alfred E Newman
08-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Even if we win 5-0 on Sat I would sack him. He has led us to the brink of disaster.

StevieC
08-05-2014, 08:43 AM

If he was, it would have been arranged months ago. I would actually think less of him if he was the sort of person to let them down after agreeing to be a guest of honour.
Everyone knows that the day after a match is usually a day off for players, so it's not like he missed out on doing anything on the training pitch. And there are a team of guys at Hibs that video, watch and analyse matches so you can be guaranteed that he will have had someone at the Killie game taking notes. The real work starts today, and I will bet you that he is up at that training pitch as we speak making sure the players are getting prepared for Saturday.

leggeto
08-05-2014, 09:02 AM
And the rationale for keeping him after the performance of the team under his direction together with MM alongside his general record in football management and not only considering the ICT period and ignoring everything else.............................................? :dunno:

It is the only option, we can't afford the pay off,we wouldn't be able to bring anyone else in on time and Petrie wouldn't do it anyway,it would be like him admitting he got the wrong man in again

leggeto
08-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Even if we win 5-0 on Sat I would sack him. He has led us to the brink of disaster.

Who would you bring in for next season?

Keith_M
08-05-2014, 09:10 AM
So we're getting relegated, it's not the end of the world. It's happened before and it'll happen again

:offski:

:duck:

mmmmhibby
08-05-2014, 09:29 AM

Wow,just Wow!!!

mmmmhibby
08-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Someone mentioned in this thread that butchers lost the dressing room...I have to disagree as he never had it in the first place..... This team is packed with useless run of the mill players who are way out of their depth at this level....they are an absolute embarrassment to hibernian football... I feel like invading the pitch and pulling the hibs strips off their backs as none of them are fit to wear it.

Count me in lol

Winston Ingram
08-05-2014, 09:56 AM
My apologies. I presumed when you said all the players hate him you had been told that from someone inside the club.

I have, many times by different people

Callum_62
08-05-2014, 10:04 AM

FFS, what is it with players employed by Hibs

EVERY manager we have we hear stories of unrest.

Time for them to shut up and do the job they are paid handsomely to do

Famous Fiver
08-05-2014, 10:09 AM
I've seen us in much worse positions than this. Social media gives fans a voice we never previously had and hysteria can appear to be breaking out but a keyboard warrior has never scored a goal so let's leave to the players and support them 100%.

Marty-Hibee
08-05-2014, 10:23 AM

This, very much so. Never understood players that throw the toys out the pram because they don't like the manager. The buck stops with him, he is your boss, you do as told. I'm not defending Butcher because he has contributed a fair whack to our plight, but at the end of the day, there are 11 players on the park playing out every man in the stands dream of pulling on the Hibs jersey, and if they aren't running themselves into the floor regardless of the managers opinions, then they don't deserve to be near the club.

jakeshibs
08-05-2014, 10:27 AM

I agree with all the above....

jakeshibs
08-05-2014, 10:30 AM
This, very much so. Never understood players that throw the toys out the pram because they don't like the manager. The buck stops with him, he is your boss, you do as told. I'm not defending Butcher because he has contributed a fair whack to our plight, but at the end of the day, there are 11 players on the park playing out every man in the stands dream of pulling on the Hibs jersey, and if they aren't running themselves into the floor regardless of the managers opinions, then they don't deserve to be near the club.

totally agree well said , we would love the opportunity to play for Hibs, give our all on that park, however lets back them this once more and try drag them over the line..

Gettin' Auld
08-05-2014, 10:31 AM

:top marks

RIP
08-05-2014, 05:19 PM

Hearts.Net?
Harsh.Net?
Fainthearts.Net?

The Green Goblin
08-05-2014, 05:33 PM
[/B]Wow,just Wow!!!

That was my reaction too. "Social media has played a part in our downfall" has to be one of the strangest statements I've ever read on here. I would have thought that a massive lack of quality, a disproportionate focus on infrastructure at the expense of the team, an inflexible approach to signing players we need, a revolving player (150+?) and managers (what is it now - 7? 8? in the last few years) door and various other things have played a part in our downfall. But tweets and posts on a fans forum have contributed to our failure over the last few years and us possibly being relegated this season? No. Just no.

Alfred E Newman
08-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Who would you bring in for next season?

Goodness knows but whoever it is couldn't do any worse. Even accepting that the squad is poor it should not have been beyond him to keep us away from the play off spot. 1 point from a possible 24 is a shocking statistic.

Cropley10
08-05-2014, 05:34 PM
If we get relegated we will have the South Stand filled by The Rangers and Hearts four times.

If we stay up then possibly only once v Celtc.

GreenLake
08-05-2014, 05:48 PM

:agree:

I would tolerate a player griping a bit if he was any good. None of this lot have the required level of playing ability to open their traps considering what they have done on the pitch and in their careers. That includes KT in my view. He might be the best player in this squad but he would be the worst player if we had the standard of squad we should have at this club. Players can STFU or bolt so we can get replacements who are worthy of dissent or at least compliant, willing and able professionals. I don't see any Carlos Tevez, Wayne Rooney, Chris Boyd (kidding :greengrin), or George Best in this squad so they can get tae.

ekhibee
08-05-2014, 05:52 PM
It seems crazy to talk about sacking Butcher before Saturday but if we don't get a win in the most important game for 16 years we have no chance of a win in the play-offs. I would definitely consider shock tactics get out of the rut that Butcher is completely responsible for. The players might just get a wee lift from his removal.
you think he's COMPLETELY responsible do you? I totally disagree with you.

Cropley10
08-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Petrie's parting gift as Chairman is to hire a manager who finally gets us relegated.

Years of neglect in the playing squad sees Hearts amass more wins and draws than us.

This sums him up - a man clueless and disinterested in a decent football team.

He now leaves others to clear up his mess.

southsider
08-05-2014, 06:19 PM
It's said you can only pee with the cock your given, in Butchers case it was a bunch of fannies.
Can we really trust him to bring in players to turn this club around ? His loan signings have not exactly been a roaring success and his tactics are about 30 years out of date. Killie will score on sat and in my wildest dreams i cannot see us scoring 2. Get through by any means possible in the play offs and sack him and his "team" the next day. I realise some peoples point about sacking managers but now we have no other choice.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 06:28 PM
What was TB told on his arrival for this season? Will we ever know? I will speculate that he was likely told to try and consolidate and maybe push on for rest of season as he was taking us over in 7th I think or 5th but I believe was likely told to see what you can do with the team until seasons end probably thinking TB and RP at finishing 6thish.

I think that was a pretty fair thing to expect but what have we been handed. 5 wins, 6 losses on the bounce in a relegation battle.

Along the way a chance to relegate Hearts maybe make up a slight bit for results in past- Fail cannot manage that
Start of split have the most points at start of split playing all the other teams that are struggling - ****ed that up to.
Try and beat Hearts so they do not contribute to us having a vary shaky finish - ****ed that up as well.

I would not have him near that team at weekend he has made a poor to mediocre team pretty abysmal. A manager gets his full contract becuse during the time he is doing well. What has he done to think time is required? He has shown pretty much zero ability to adapt and be diverse with the players so what if he didnt buy them. You work with what you have he knew who was here and took job.

Give him time, 25 games in and we are still at purely hope he can become good. By now there should be plenty of indicators that next season will be a lot better not pure and total hope. There is not one footballing reason this man will have us up the right end next term not one, all results and performances are indicative of a man who will lead us to disaster.

Coco Bryce
08-05-2014, 06:33 PM
If we get relegated we will have the South Stand filled by The Rangers and Hearts four times.

I pointed this out weeks ago and was ripped apart for it. There will without doubt be more money than theres every been in that division next year. Also if we are playing well and winning against the smalller teams the crowds will go up. Sky/BT Sport will be fighting over the games in this league. It will probably end up with a better sponsor than the Premiership. Is this Rods plan...

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2014, 06:36 PM
I pointed this out weeks ago and was ripped apart for it. There will without doubt be more money than theres every been in that division next year. Also if we are playing well and winning against the smalller teams the crowds will go up. Sky/BT Sport will be fighting over the games in this league. It will probably end up with a better sponsor than the Premiership. Is this Rods plan...

We are not allowed to know, its not information us minions are ever given.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Now that is funny, there is the chance a very good one that any relegated club could spend 2 seasons down there very easily and that is at least. This isn't the team with Eck in charge going down to a league were we had all the resources this is a totally different scenario and for the sake of filling the stadium a few times this could be the start of the end for a club.

jeffers
08-05-2014, 06:40 PM
What was TB told on his arrival for this season? Will we ever know? I will speculate that he was likely told to try and consolidate and maybe push on for rest of season as he was taking us over in 7th I think or 5th but I believe was likely told to see what you can do with the team until seasons end probably thinking TB and RP at finishing 6thish.

I think that was a pretty fair thing to expect but what have we been handed. 5 wins, 6 losses on the bounce in a relegation battle.

Along the way a chance to relegate Hearts maybe make up a slight bit for results in past- Fail cannot manage that
Start of split have the most points at start of split playing all the other teams that are struggling - ****ed that up to.
Try and beat Hearts so they do not contribute to us having a vary shaky finish - ****ed that up as well.

I would not have him near that team at weekend he has made a poor to mediocre team pretty abysmal. A manager gets his full contract becuse during the time he is doing well. What has he done to think time is required? He has shown pretty much zero ability to adapt and be diverse with the players so what if he didnt buy them. You work with what you have he knew who was here and took job.

Give him time, 25 games in and we are still at purely hope he can become good. By now there should be plenty of indicators that next season will be a lot better not pure and total hope. There is not one footballing reason this man will have us up the right end next term not one, all results and performances are indicative of a man who will lead us to disaster.

If we do survive, give it a wee bit of time and I'm sure you will read on here that he was brought in and told to keep us up this season.

Coco Bryce
08-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Now that is funny, there is the chance a very good one that any relegated club could spend 2 seasons down there very easily and that is at least. This isn't the team with Eck in charge going down to a league were we had all the resources this is a totally different scenario and for the sake of filling the stadium a few times this could be the start of the end for a club.

So if we cant beat any of the teams in the Championship what hope is there in the Premiership?

Cropley10
08-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Can we really trust him to bring in players to turn this club around ? His loan signings have not exactly been a roaring success and his tactics are about 30 years out of date. Killie will score on sat and in my wildest dreams i cannot see us scoring 2. Get through by any means possible in the play offs and sack him and his "team" the next day. I realise some peoples point about sacking managers but now we have no other choice.

Ok you're in charge. With the players available what would your tactics be?

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 06:43 PM
So if we cant beat any of the teams in the Championship what hope is there in the Premiership?

With somobody else perhaps capable of putting out a side.

silverhibee
08-05-2014, 06:50 PM

Give it a f***ing rest eh, you have made it quite clear that you Hate Butcher and don't rate him but FFS we have a massive game on Saturday and your stabbing TB in the back isn't helping one bit, it's not the first time you have done this mind you as you have previous for this pish.

Classy tweet.

mca
08-05-2014, 06:54 PM

Have thought this myself... TB - gets the cheap option to rebuild...

Possibly - bigger crowds, more Telly revenue from live games and a chance for Rod to bow-out and leave the new lady - to pacify the angry mob..

Just How much is the New Parachute Payment, im sure it was introduced when they renamed the leagues.. :wink:

southsider
08-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Defend set pieces properly. Hound the ball high up the pitch (Barca's 7 second rule) and when we win the ball back do not give it away cheeply. Play wing-backs so their wide players have to worry about us. Do not float crosses into the box instead play them with pace. Leave 2 men up top when they get a set piece near our box. Lastly prayers to Saint Jude.

silverhibee
08-05-2014, 07:04 PM
It's not Butcher the players don't like. It's Malpas.

F*** the players, Thomson Craig Collins Nelson the whole lot of them can do one and not darken our doorstep again, they are the ones who have already got one manager sacked and now they are doing there best to get another one sacked, poor Collins and some of the players got a bit stick after the yams game and folk on here wanted one poster to apologise to him, how about these f***ing wasters apologising to us for the pish that they have put us through this season.

GreenLake
08-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Defend set pieces properly. Hound the ball high up the pitch (Barca's 7 second rule) and when we win the ball back do not give it away cheeply. Play wing-backs so their wide players have to worry about us. Do not float crosses into the box instead play them with pace. Leave 2 men up top when they get a set piece near our box. Lastly prayers to Saint Jude.

:faf:

silverhibee
08-05-2014, 07:06 PM

Name the players then.

schinkenotto
Whatever happens I hope Butcher doesn't get sacked. A good manager doesn't become a bad manager overnight. However, if he resigns that's fine. It shows he's not the man for the job. Hope it doesn't happen though.
My nephew who lives in Inverness and was speaking to friends who went to the game in Dingwall the other night said that Butcher told them that he wished he hadn't taken the Hibs job.So do I!

leggeto

Is that no rods master plan and part of the 5year plan that starts every monday

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Is that no rods master plan and part of the 5year plan that starts every monday

The 5yrs appear to be not consecutive.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 07:12 PM
My nephew who lives in Inverness and was speaking to friends who went to the game in Dingwall the other night said that Butcher told them that he wished he hadn't taken the Hibs job.So do I!

It's amazing how many people KT and Butcher have been speaking too over the last few days. And neither of them has anything positive to say. I'm not saying I don't believe you but............................................

leggeto
08-05-2014, 07:12 PM
The 5yrs appear to be not consecutive.

More like a 15year plan sure there was a digit missed

degenerated
08-05-2014, 07:17 PM
[/B]Wow,just Wow!!!

He's right though.

silverhibee
08-05-2014, 07:20 PM

Funny that because that's not what he was saying when he went through the airport on Wednesday morning.

southsider
08-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Funny that because that's not what he was saying when he went through the airport on Wednesday morning.
On his way to Timbucktoo i hope

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2014, 07:33 PM

Don't believe he would say that......

The Green Goblin

Butcher told your "nephew's friends" that he "regretted taking the Hibs job"? :faf: outstanding

silverhibee
On his way to Timbucktoo i hope

London. :aok:

southsider
08-05-2014, 07:38 PM
London. :aok:
Can we not sach him for doing that before such an important game and pay him no compo ?

eggbamyasi
08-05-2014, 07:41 PM

That sounds great ! Quality if team played like that . What if you came in to take over another managers squad unable to change them in any major way they were down and playing pretty **** stuff . and trained them to play that way and the players you had didnt ? They didnt bother their ***** and didnt follow you ideas and didnt want to work as hard as you demanded and you didnt have enough players for the right positions . And within six months would you expect to be sacked ? Without being given the chance to get the players you want and instill the mentallity and ideas you just wrote down in you post ? Because according to you you would be booted straight out the ******g door . Which I think is stupid . We need to stand by butcher and let him build the squad and club he wants . If by the end of next season we haven't improved then look at failure after actual time has been given . Too many people think with there anger towards a new manager when it should be towards the players. There is no way what so ever butcher and malpas tell neslon to belt it randomly when he gets the ball or mcgivern to pass to opposition as much as possible or tells our strikers to miss etc etc .
Need to get behind manager now more than ever too make sure we stay up and show the players we support the club and new management and if they dont like it or follow the new regime they can **** off .

marinello59
08-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Can we not sach him for doing that before such an important game and pay him no compo ?

On what grounds?

leggeto
08-05-2014, 07:47 PM
That sounds great ! Quality if team played like that . What if you came in to take over another managers squad unable to change them in any major way they were down and playing pretty **** stuff . and trained them to play that way and the players you had didnt ? They didnt bother their ***** and didnt follow you ideas and didnt want to work as hard as you demanded and you didnt have enough players for the right positions . And within six months would you expect to be sacked ? Without being given the chance to get the players you want and instill the mentallity and ideas you just wrote down in you post ? Because according to you you would be booted straight out the ******g door . Which I think is stupid . We need to stand by butcher and let him build the squad and club he wants . If by the end of next season we haven't improved then look at failure after actual time has been given . Too many people think with there anger towards a new manager when it should be towards the players. There is no way what so ever butcher and malpas tell neslon to belt it randomly when he gets the ball or mcgivern to pass to opposition as much as possible or tells our strikers to miss etc etc .
Need to get behind manager now more than ever too make sure we stay up and show the players we support the club and new management and if they dont like it or follow the new regime they can **** off .

I was just gonnae say that,agree 1 million %

Jim44
08-05-2014, 07:49 PM

The 'problem' of having to cope with the players available wears a bit thin. Yes we have fairly mediocre players but there are a few good and experienced players among them. We saw a short term improvement when Butcher arrived and things looked promising. There were no immediate concerns expressed about the players available and certainly no indication that we might deteriorate into relegation candidates. Why should there be? Butcher was an experienced manager with a degree of success at ICT, an expert in man-management and motivating players, supported by two assistants who were top notch by all accounts ....... more than adequate qualifications to keep a team like Hibs, at the very worst, ticking over and comfortably seeing the season out till he could get to grips with building his own team. Well we all know that things began to go tits up, rumours flying around about dressing room rows, players being told they were not up to scratch and treading water till the end of the season and players not being played because of so-called injuries. Who knows the level of truth attached to the probable reasons for our massive decline but I don't buy into the excuse of 'poor players' . I don't think Butcher has any hiding places and must be held responsible for the major part of our problem.

Chibs
08-05-2014, 07:53 PM
I suspect you speak with forked tongue.

LIQUIDATION IS COMING TO YOU SOON

matty_f
08-05-2014, 07:56 PM
The 'problem' of having to cope with the players available wears a bit thin. Yes we have fairly mediocre players but there are a few good and experienced players among them. We saw a short term improvement when Butcher arrived and things looked promising. There were no immediate concerns expressed about the players available and certainly no indication that we might deteriorate into relegation candidates. Why should there be? Butcher was an experienced manager with a degree of success at ICT, an expert in man-management and motivating players, supported by two assistants who were top notch by all accounts ....... more than adequate qualifications to keep a team like Hibs, at the very worst, ticking over and comfortably seeing the season out till he could get to grips with building his own team. Well we all know that things began to go tits up, rumours flying around about dressing room rows, players being told they were not up to scratch and treading water till the end of the season and players not being played because of so-called injuries. Who knows the level of truth attached to the probable reasons for our massive decline but I don't buy into the excuse of 'poor players' . I don't think Butcher has any hiding places and must be held responsible for the major part of our problem.

The results fell away when Butcher wasn't able to select key players in the squad. He had a fairly settled team when we were winning, when was the last time he had the ability to select the same side in consecutive games?

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 07:59 PM
The results fell away when Butcher wasn't able to select key players in the squad. He had a fairly settled team when we were winning, when was the last time he had the ability to select the same side in consecutive games?

Something most manager deal with in the league, excuses this sounds like.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2014, 08:01 PM

Fenlon always had to compete with one injury or another, yet i dont remember his team going on such a horrendous run as poor Terry?

matty_f
08-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Something most manager deal with in the league, excuses this sounds like.

How many games have killie been without two of their best midfielders or their best centre half at the same time. Or St Mirren?

matty_f
08-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Fenlon always had to compete with one injury or another, yet i dont remember his team going on such a horrendous run as poor Terry?

Did you watch Fenlon's side when the better players were injured? We played like we play now.

Jim44
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM

I accept there were some extenuating circumstances but I still think that Butcher and his team should have had the experience, ability and the general wherewithal to cope with them long before we 'morphed' into the unbelievable shambles of a club we now are.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Did you watch Fenlon's side when the better players were injured? We played like we play now.

Aye but picked up points doing so, Poor Terry has resorted to getting Petrie to do his team talks now. :rolleyes:

stevejordan
08-05-2014, 08:07 PM
No one is getting sacked till after the game this weekend lets just back the team

matty_f
08-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Aye but picked up points doing so, Poor Terry has resorted to getting Petrie to do his team talks now. :rolleyes:

At least Butcher's not conceded 7 to a team yet. Or 5. Probably should have asked Petrie for help.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 08:08 PM
How many games have killie been without two of their best midfielders or their best centre half at the same time. Or St Mirren?

So this is why he has won 5 matches from 24? This is why we lost 6 in a row? this is why our last win was 2 and a half months ago? Because we have had some injuries?

Ok Matty when we went into the games we had injuries what did you predict the result to be? Lose everyone?

marinello59
08-05-2014, 08:11 PM
So this is why he has won 5 matches from 24? This is why we lost 6 in a row? this is why our last win was 2 and a half months ago? Because we have had some injuries?

Ok Matty when we went into the games we had injuries what did you predict the result to be? Lose everyone?

Sack Butcher now and who do you put in charge?

matty_f
08-05-2014, 08:11 PM

What difference would it make what my result predictions were? Folk were predicting we'd beat Partick or Ross County 3-0 ffs.

Are we saying that losing key players and having to name a different defence (never mind the midfield!) is not a factor in finding it difficult to win games?

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 08:12 PM
At least Butcher's not conceded 7 to a team yet. Or 5. Probably should have asked Petrie for help.

Fenlon isnt a marker for any manager at Hibs, again we compare the current manager to somebody almost as inept like we did with Fenlon comparing him to CC as if bettering CC was alright.

I want to be comparing the managers records with past success not saying at least TB hasnt been gubbed yet. Wow what an exciting hope for next season that TB hasnt conceeded 7 in a match lets extend his contract on that basis alone.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 08:14 PM
What difference would it make what my result predictions were? Folk were predicting we'd beat Partick or Ross County 3-0 ffs.

Are we saying that losing key players and having to name a different defence (never mind the midfield!) is not a factor in finding it difficult to win games?

We are predicting because you or I believe that the players will win the match that is why, if Matty you went into everygame thinking we would lose then fine TB is doing as you expected.

If you thought we were still capable of winning these games then it is irrelevant as you must still have thought we had good enough players to win as did I on many occasions.

matty_f
08-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Fenlon isnt a marker for any manager at Hibs, again we compare the current manager to somebody almost as inept like we did with Fenlon comparing him to CC as if bettering CC was alright.

I want to be comparing the managers records with past success not saying at least TB hasnt been gubbed yet. Wow what an exciting hope for next season that TB hasnt conceeded 7 in a match lets extend his contract on that basis alone.
Blackpool made the comparison, responding to that I was.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Sack Butcher now and who do you put in charge?

I do not know who is available as I do not work in those circles. I havent an answer doesnt make it any less valid.

Captain Trips
Blackpool made the comparison, responding to that I was.

Fair enough.

stevejordan

Butcher is worse than the other failures you mention CC Got us a 3-0 win at Ibrox Paddy got us to 2 Cup Finals and not into a relegation mire these 2 imposters are way way out of there depth.

matty_f
08-05-2014, 08:19 PM
We are predicting because you or I believe that the players will win the match that is why, if Matty you went into everygame thinking we would lose then fine TB is doing as you expected.

If you thought we were still capable of winning these games then it is irrelevant as you must still have thought we had good enough players to win as did I on many occasions.

There were folk that thought we might sneak a win in the Barca friendly under Mixu. It's in a football fan's dna to think their team can win. That's a ridiculous point you're making.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Butcher is worse than the other failures you mention CC Got us a 3-0 win at Ibrox Paddy got us to 2 Cup Finals and not into a relegation mire these 2 imposters are way way out of there depth.

Butcher is worse I am responding to claims he maybe better than CC or PF and for me that isnt of interest to me that a manager is better than these two.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2014, 08:21 PM

Exactly, we are comparing two ****in useless managers one slightly less useless than the current clown.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 08:23 PM
There were folk that thought we might sneak a win in the Barca friendly under Mixu. It's in a football fan's dna to think their team can win. That's a ridiculous point you're making.

No it isnt it is totally subjective to each person out there I think you are pretty rational and would know going into a game using your head what you thought would occur.

I would like to win every game but I take each game at a time I have thought we would win more not anything to to with DNA but I believed rationally we would win a good few games and we didnt, hence why TB isnt up to scratch for me as he has lost games IMO we should have done better in not blinkered football fans DNA but looking at teams I genuinely thought we would win a few of the games we lost.

stevejordan
08-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Butcher is worse I am responding to claims he maybe better than CC or PF and for me that isnt of interest to me that a manager is better than these two.

Butcher is the worsed Manager our club has ever had by a country mile why do you have these other 2 clowns on a pedestal they were better yes but only just Duffy Jim was better than Butcher and his vile side kick Malpas GTF

silverhibee
08-05-2014, 08:26 PM

It was a day off for the squad yesterday after getting home from Dingwall on Tuesday night, Butcher obviously had made plans to go down South yesterday and he was back at EM today training the squad.

Can't see why he would get sacked for that.

flash
08-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Butcher is the worsed Manager our club has ever had by a country mile why do you have these other 2 clowns on a pedestal they were better yes but only just Duffy Jim was better than Butcher and his vile side kick Malpas GTF

Your manager is Gary Cocke.

bawheid
08-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Your manager is Gary Cocke.

Yep, another who should have been emptied long, long ago.

schinkenotto
08-05-2014, 08:37 PM
I suspect you speak with forked tongue.

LIQUIDATION IS COMING TO YOU SOON
I suspect I may have been supporting Hibs longer than you(since 1955- season ticket since 1960) and while there have good times and bad times(mostly bad recently),the recent displays have been by far the worst I've ever seen.Coupled with Butcher's inane statements to the press,the situation is completely unacceptable.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 08:41 PM
I do not know who is available as I do not work in those circles. I havent an answer doesnt make it any less valid.

It's easy to be destructive but not so easy to be constructive is it? Would you really have us go in to this game with no one in charge?

Cropley10
08-05-2014, 08:45 PM
butcher is the worsed manager our club has ever had by a country mile why do you have these other 2 clowns on a pedestal they were better yes but only just duffy jim was better than butcher and his vile side kick malpas gtf

ltyf

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 08:46 PM
It's easy to be destructive but not so easy to be constructive is it? Would you really have us go in to this game with no one in charge?

No it isnt easy, I can easily say he isnt very good why do I have to have an alternative? Do you only ever criticise something or think something isnt right but only if you have a idea how to sort it? I do not know whom is available to do the job at the weekend I do not work in those circles I can see that our current manager appears not very good.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 08:51 PM
No it isnt easy, I can easily say he isnt very good why do I have to have an alternative? Do you only ever criticise something or think something isnt right but only if you have a idea how to sort it? I do not know whom is available to do the job at the weekend.

So you would either have us go in to this game with no one in charge or expect someone else to be found, installed and given time to change things.....all withing 48 hours. It would cause nothing but more upset at this stage.
You have been doing virtually nothing but criticise on here for years now, surely you have some answers other than sack that one, sack that one too and sack the other one twice.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 08:57 PM
So you would either have us go in to this game with no one in charge or expect someone else to be found, installed and given time to change things.....all withing 48 hours. It would cause nothing but more upset at this stage.
You have been doing virtually nothing but criticise on here for years now, surely you have some answers other than sack that one, sack that one too and sack the other one twice.

Ok I would see if Kieth Wright and Paul Kane would take the match, not knowing anything about there availabilty etc so there I have an answer. I have criticised for years as they have been poor for years. How can I come up with answers when I do not know what resources we have to offer a manager regarding pay? Who is available? I suggested Danny Lennon a while back so that surely allowed my wanting rid of Fenlon ok as I had an answer regardless of good or bad as that would be guesswork.

I can very easily suggest a manager should be sacked without having any answers. How do you know it would cause upset? Total guesswork that I can apply to say two new guys come in as caretakers instill some vigour and we win as 100% as valid as your scenario.

Was I wrong in wanting CC and Fenlon sacked in your opinion?

erskine-hibby
08-05-2014, 08:57 PM

So you are judging him on 3 loan signings?
Ok he has not been blameless, I thought it was ill advised to come on and say that most of the squad were not good enough and would be gone at the end of the season, but we ALL knew that and were voicing those opinions regularly before he came in. There are only a very few who are truly bothered about this club because of this and it shows. He should though IMHO be given the chance to get the players he KNOWS and we know we need. This can ONLY be done during the closed season, he hasn't had one of those yet. So once again IMHO it is premature to sack him now.

Gordy M
08-05-2014, 08:58 PM
No it isnt easy, I can easily say he isnt very good why do I have to have an alternative? Do you only ever criticise something or think something isnt right but only if you have a idea how to sort it? I do not know whom is available to do the job at the weekend I do not work in those circles I can see that our current manager appears not very good.
Thing is mate you did the exact same thing towards the end of fenlons time at hibs, constantly on here casting forth about how we should get rid. Never once saw you posting a positive thread when we were winning games under butcher, and now you are on here again, along with others, putting the boot into another manager. You seem to revel in doing this??

bawheid
08-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Ok I would see if Kieth Wright and Paul Kane would take the match, not knowing anything about there availabilty etc so there I have an answer. I have criticised for years as they have been poor for years. How can I come up with answers when I do not know what resources we have to offer a manager.

I can very easily suggest a manager should be sacked without having any answers. How do you know it would cause upset? Total guesswork that I can apply to say two new guys come in as caretakers instill some vigour and we win as 100% as valid as your scenario.

Dear, oh dear.

stantonhibby
08-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Ok I would see if Kieth Wright and Paul Kane would take the match, not knowing anything about there availabilty etc so there I have an answer. I have criticised for years as they have been poor for years. How can I come up with answers when I do not know what resources we have to offer a manager.

You are actually being serious? Let's put an SFA community coach and a ex footballer now publican in charge? Very good.

Dirkster23
08-05-2014, 09:01 PM

He had the chance to field the same team on a few occassions but for some reason insisted on making 4-5 changes. Injuries obviously haven't helped, but TB seemed happy to chop and change the team. Did he not mention at one point he was trying to give everyone a game and a chance to impress?

marinello59
08-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Ok I would see if Kieth Wright and Paul Kane would take the match, not knowing anything about there availabilty etc so there I have an answer. I have criticised for years as they have been poor for years. How can I come up with answers when I do not know what resources we have to offer a manager regarding pay? Who is available? I suggested Danny Lennon a while back so that surely allowed my wanting rid of Fenlon ok as I had an answer regardless of good or bad as that would be guesswork.

Any sacking causes upset. The thread title says sack the now and give the club a lift but that makes no sense. Read the Butcher threads and a very large proportion of the support wants him given more time. They won't be getting a lift will they? And within the club? Sack one of the main men and there will inevitably be a large amount of guilt, recriminations and blame laying going on. That takes time to be worked through, we don't have it.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 09:04 PM
You are actually being serious? Let's put an SFA community coach and a ex footballer now publican in charge? Very good.

It seems only valid to want a manager sacked you have an alternative so I am told.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 09:06 PM
It seems only valid to want a manager sacked you have an alternative so I am told.

You should at least be clear on how it will actually improve things before the game against Killie.

majorhibs
08-05-2014, 09:09 PM

Current run of form sacks virtually every manager from every country on FORM alone, also fact the alleged "management" team have so spectacularly failed EVERY game to get any 11 to get a result n this league against teams we need to beat but are performng same level all season, the plummet from league position start to now, listen its time to quit the excuses & look at what gets football, & indeed football chairmen, the hangmans noose! I am sorry to all you apologists campaigning cos youve done it so long your starting to believe your own lies, this form since new manager, this form chairman, if, however, anyone wants to put it against any EFFING FOOTBALL club anywhere, this form is the good guys resign cos they ken theyve failed the bad guys are punted before more damage is inflicted. Unbelievable how bad this is. Cannot believe it is defended. How many points recently? Goals? Performances? Tactics? Vision for future? I have seen pish in my time but anybody thinking this fall isnae as bad as since I've watched since early 70s needs their head out the chloroform. This shambles is getting too much. A few folk have used the word disgrace, well I have followed this club for a long time & this is the first time I feel like calling them disgraceful! Dont know who or what or most, but just totally disenchanted with this BS. What is the future for Hibs?

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Thing is mate you did the exact same thing towards the end of fenlons time at hibs, constantly on here casting forth about how we should get rid. Never once saw you posting a positive thread when we were winning games under butcher, and now you are on here again, along with others, putting the boot into another manager. You seem to revel in doing this??

No I didnt i did the exact same thing at about the same time into PFs tenure as Butchers not at end so if you want to pull me get your facts straight. point out all the positive threads on here when we were winning? I bet less than 2% of the people on here started a positive thread after a win.

Why when somebody has a different view from you there is a snide remark? "revel" I totally disagree with Marinello but I know he wants 100% what is best for club as will you as do I.

Hibrandenburg
08-05-2014, 09:13 PM

Your constant defense of Fenlon is becoming nauseous! :greengrin

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 09:14 PM
You should at least be clear on how it will actually improve things before the game against Killie.

But it is guesswork again as is what you suggest would happen is also guesswork to back up your point of view. I can go on and say anything I like on how it might be shot in arm players might be delighted or unhappy about it.

Captain Trips
08-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Any sacking causes upset. The thread title says sack the now and give the club a lift but that makes no sense. Read the Butcher threads and a very large proportion of the support wants him given more time. They won't be getting a lift will they? And within the club? Sack one of the main men and there will inevitably be a large amount of guilt, recriminations and blame laying going on. That takes time to be worked through, we don't have it.

Some do and some do not, some have players relieved some teams win a few in a row right away some dont. 100% unfounded subjective on what might or might not occour, dowe to simplicity the person in charge thus far has lost a hell of a lot of games and seems on a downward spiral so sorry for not wanting him in charge any longer we have had several most important games and lost them.

I would have you pick the team on Saturday before TB.

marinello59
08-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Some do and some do not, some have players relieved some teams win a few in a row right away some dont. 100% unfounded subjective on what might or might not occour, dowe to simplicity the person in charge thus far has lost a hell of a lot of games and seems on a downward spiral so sorry for not wanting him in charge any longer we have had several most important games and lost them.

I would have you pick the team on Saturday before TB.

Now you really are talking *****. :greengrin